Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 125260616263 LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,100 of 3120

Thread: Scared Vigilante 17er

1. ISO #3051
    @Wisdom if you wanted cred for logic and if you wanted to convince people on stormslyde you should probably quote their posts from eod that made it obvious and actually talk about it rather than just say they seem scummy because of eod

2. ISO #3052
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    DailyMafia
    btw that wisdom post bitching about being right was incredibly towny MAI i just didnt want to tell you

3. ISO #3053
    it doesn't matter that you had two correct scumreads if you don't try to convince people

4. ISO #3054
    Timezone
    Community
    MiniMafia

Night 1:
    * Contrainer (Follower): Idle
    * moms meatloaf (Scared Odd-Night Vigilante) shoots, and kills Marluxion
    * Suspicious (Ninja Odd-Night Jailkeeper) jails Logic
    * Marluxion kills Chocolate

Night 2:
    * Duk3star (Scared Even-Night Vigilante) shoots, and kills dota
    * Stormslyde (Ninja Even-Night Jailkeeper) jails Wisdom (Spinach Nipples)
    * Stormslyde kills Duk3star

Night 3:
    * Contrainer (Follower): Follows Chemist1422 (no result)
    * moms meatloaf (Scared Odd-Night Vigilante) shoots, and kills Logic
    * Suspicious (Ninja Odd-Night Jailkeeper) jails Stormslyde
    * Logic kills Colin

Night 4:
    * Stormslyde (Ninja Even-Night Jailkeeper) jails Wisdom
    * Stormslyde kills moms meatloaf

5. ISO #3055
    Quote Originally Posted by stormslyde (#3052)
    btw that wisdom post bitching about being right was incredibly towny MAI i just didnt want to tell you
    I mean yeah I can see how that whole thing was Towny in retrospect but at the same time how am I ever supposed to get there with how you pocketed me

everybody who ever called you scummy including me never cased you coherently and baudib and chemist and contrainer were absent most of the game

6. ISO #3056
    the unexplained townread on Susp all game pinged me in multiple ways too

like talking about not getting to see me Susp v/w seemed like obvious tmi but then I leveled myself into thinking it was trying to look like that with a partner

but no it was just an unexplained incorrect townread

7. ISO #3057
    three idles by contrainer

this setups clearly not balanced for this playerlist

8. ISO #3058
    Timezone
    Community
    DailyMafia
    Quote Originally Posted by bearsquared (#3054)
    Actions

Night 1:
    * moms meatloaf (Scared Odd-Night Vigilante) shoots, and kills Marluxion
    * Suspicious (Ninja Odd-Night Jailkeeper) jails Logic
    * Marluxion kills Chocolate

Night 2:
    * Duk3star (Scared Even-Night Vigilante) shoots, and kills dota
    * Stormslyde (Ninja Even-Night Jailkeeper) jails Wisdom (Spinach Nipples)
    * Stormslyde kills Duk3star

Night 3:
    * Contrainer (Follower): Follows Chemist1422 (no result)
    * moms meatloaf (Scared Odd-Night Vigilante) shoots, and kills Logic
    * Suspicious (Ninja Odd-Night Jailkeeper) jails Stormslyde
    * Logic kills Colin

Night 4:
    * Stormslyde (Ninja Even-Night Jailkeeper) jails Wisdom
    * Stormslyde kills moms meatloaf
    man cont really made this game harder for town

9. ISO #3059
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Chem, Mist, Roxas, Wind

10. ISO #3060
    only way I could've figured out the game at f5 was to character read susp as continuing to tmi wisdom town when talking about not being teamed and actually TMIing his own partner at Mylo because that's just the kind of scum player he is, as evidenced by the rest of the game

11. ISO #3061
    Community
    FlopTurnRiver
    I thought we had all sorta agreed that Storm was an obvious wolf and would be voted out at some point. His treatment of MM and me was pretty outing as well IMO.

@moms meatloaf GG buddy, probably the best villager game I've seen on here in quite some time. Too bad the rest of us mostly sucked.

12. ISO #3062
    Timezone
    Community
    DailyMafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Me, An Intellectual (#3060)
    only way I could've figured out the game at f5 was to character read susp as continuing to tmi wisdom town when talking about not being teamed and actually TMIing his own partner at Mylo because that's just the kind of scum player he is, as evidenced by the rest of the game
    yeah tbf i was banking on pushing the game into two worlds of me chem and susp wisdom that way we win in f3 if one of us gets flipped. I also had decided on confirming the worlds by shooting cont, the most likely follower. even had a (probably terrible) follower claim pocketed for f6/f5 if needed

13. ISO #3063
    Timezone
    Community
    DailyMafia
    Quote Originally Posted by baudib1 (#3061)
    I thought we had all sorta agreed that Storm was an obvious wolf and would be voted out at some point. His treatment of MM and me was pretty outing as well IMO.

@moms meatloaf GG buddy, probably the best villager game I've seen on here in quite some time. Too bad the rest of us mostly sucked.
    strongly disagree, i hold my stance that MM outted themselves and I was just trying to game solve

14. ISO #3064
    Timezone
    Community
    DailyMafia
    Quote Originally Posted by stormslyde (#3063)

strongly disagree, i hold my stance that MM outted themselves and I was just trying to game solve
    but yall were correct reading my eod as me forcing the lynch off myself through wim and ATE

15. ISO #3065
    Community
    FlopTurnRiver
    I was like 80% sure Contrainer was follower because of the way he was posting on D1. I didn't want to explicitly state that in the thread and I assumed he'd just claim at some point. I thought Wisdom was the vig.

16. ISO #3066
    Community
    FlopTurnRiver
    Quote Originally Posted by stormslyde (#3064)

but yall were correct reading my eod as me forcing the lynch off myself through wim and ATE
    yeah you were, as I said, misrepresenting what people were trying to say. You were really good today though.

We don't ever get there because Suspicious is never getting lynched at F3 IMO but I assumed you'd get got at F5.

17. ISO #3067
    Timezone
    Community
    DailyMafia
    Quote Originally Posted by baudib1 (#3065)
    I was like 80% sure Contrainer was follower because of the way he was posting on D1. I didn't want to explicitly state that in the thread and I assumed he'd just claim at some point. I thought Wisdom was the vig.
    i figured wisdom was the follower tbh, but with double JK alive its better to just kill MM who was pushing both susp and myself

18. ISO #3068
    if I clearly don't think storm is scum

it's at least 1 towns job to convince me of it

again, nobody who correctly scumread stormslyde made a coherent case

it was all just saying the EOD or their days were scummy generically without showing any of the why they thought so

I had one reason to think of storm as scummy and nobody engaged me on it

having a euro in a 36 12 where they can never make eod is troll in itself

19. ISO #3069
    Timezone
    Community
    DailyMafia
    Quote Originally Posted by baudib1 (#3066)

yeah you were, as I said, misrepresenting what people were trying to say. You were really good today though.

We don't ever get there because Suspicious is never getting lynched at F3 IMO but I assumed you'd get got at F5.
    well I had nearly complete control of the game narrative today, a deep pocket on MAI and a villager who didnt put in enough work to convince the rest of town of his correct reads

20. ISO #3070
    Quote Originally Posted by baudib1 (#3066)

Susp was my highest scumread along with wisdom and I considered his play today outing

just for slightly wrong reasons

21. ISO #3071
    Community
    FlopTurnRiver
    Quote Originally Posted by stormslyde (#3067)
    Quote Originally Posted by baudib1 (#3065)
    i figured wisdom was the follower tbh, but with double JK alive its better to just kill MM who was pushing both susp and myself
    yeah I don't blame you. MM's reads were really sick.

Contrainer's D1 is a bunch of posts asserting authority and responsibility, like people should listen to him and that he needed to get better reads himself. That just reeked of PR to me. He wasn't the vig because his reads didn't line up with the shots.

22. ISO #3072
    Timezone
    Community
    MiniMafia
    @moms meatloaf played a great game. I think he correctly called out the wolf team at EOD2, and was able to get off 2 shots on Mafia while making the Mafia eliminate him as a possible Vigilante. Just a really strong performance.

23. ISO #3073
    Timezone
    Community
    DailyMafia
    Quote Originally Posted by bearsquared (#3072)
    @moms meatloaf played a great game. I think he correctly called out the wolf team at EOD2, and was able to get off 2 shots on Mafia while making the Mafia eliminate him as a possible Vigilante. Just a really strong performance.
    oh absolutely, i do think his play d4 was incorrect. i dont think hes on our shot list at that time until he basically ahrd claimed the shots

24. ISO #3074
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Chem, Mist, Roxas, Wind

25. ISO #3075
    Timezone
    Community
    MiniMafia
    In general this was a fairly well played game all around outside of a few activity issues. The last day phase was well-played by both factions even with members of town ultimately coming to the wrong conclusion. MAI started with a wolf as top town, and was able to turn that read around to an accurate one, but unfortunately was pocketed by the other wolf. Wisdom was correct on Storm, and opened the game with 2/3 correct reads. I think not being here to explain/push their Storm read in MYLO gave wolves leverage they needed to win today, but I thought their posting was townie today (Storm pointed out a particularly townie one earlier). I thought town had lost by not lynching Chemist or Storm yesterday, but Chemist came into the day trying to make the correct mechanical play (no lynching without discussion), but when given the time, he put in work rereading the thread, and actually convincing other members of town he was town. It's hard to come into a day in a hole like that, and be motivated enough to put in the work to help town, and make it not a foregone conclusion that you're the lynch.

Suspicious, and Storm both played great games ultimately. There were moments where they were wolfy, but they're wolves so that's gonna happen from time to time. You can go into wolf chat, and read it yourselves, but they had great communication as the last two wolves, and really gelled as a team in the final couple days to get the W.

26. ISO #3076
    Community
    FlopTurnRiver
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#3074)
    I played really badly sorry
    At least you went for the mechanically correct play and NL today. Sorry for tunneling you, I just thought if you were a villager you'd be an obvious ML at LYLO and you wouldn't really clear yourself. I wanted to kill Storm over you though when he had that exchange with MM.

27. ISO #3077
    Timezone
    Community
    MiniMafia
    Quote Originally Posted by stormslyde (#3073)
    oh absolutely, i do think his play d4 was incorrect. i dont think hes on our shot list at that time until he basically ahrd claimed the shots
    Yeah, the game wasn't spotless, but taken as a whole it was a fantastic performance.

28. ISO #3078
    Community
    FlopTurnRiver
    The only thing that pinged me about Suspicious was that he wasn't looking to clear anyone. His overall effort game long was outstanding though.

29. ISO #3079
    Timezone
    Community
    MiniMafia
    Quote Originally Posted by baudib1 (#3076)
    At least you went for the mechanically correct play and NL today. Sorry for tunneling you, I just thought if you were a villager you'd be an obvious ML at LYLO and you wouldn't really clear yourself. I wanted to kill Storm over you though when he had that exchange with MM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearsquared (#3075)
    I thought town had lost by not lynching Chemist or Storm yesterday, but Chemist came into the day trying to make the correct mechanical play (no lynching without discussion), but when given the time, he put in work rereading the thread, and actually convincing other members of town he was town. It's hard to come into a day in a hole like that, and be motivated enough to put in the work to help town, and make it not a foregone conclusion that you're the lynch..
    @Chemist1422 I think you played fine, and were wrong about as much as everyone else, but was wrong the loudest early on which put you into a hole. As I said in the bit of my post I quoted above, I was really impressed by your play on the last day here. It's hard to feel like a dead man walking, and then spend a bunch of time making reads etc. Don't be too hard on yourself.

30. ISO #3080
    Community
    FlopTurnRiver
    His claim totally outed you IMO but you got out of it.

31. ISO #3081
    Community
    NAmafia (formerly NAdota)
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit
    Quote Originally Posted by bearsquared (#3079)
    Quote Originally Posted by baudib1 (#3076)
    Quote Originally Posted by bearsquared (#3075)
    I thought town had lost by not lynching Chemist or Storm yesterday, but Chemist came into the day trying to make the correct mechanical play (no lynching without discussion), but when given the time, he put in work rereading the thread, and actually convincing other members of town he was town. It's hard to come into a day in a hole like that, and be motivated enough to put in the work to help town, and make it not a foregone conclusion that you're the lynch..
    @Chemist1422 I think you played fine, and were wrong about as much as everyone else, but was wrong the loudest early on which put you into a hole. As I said in the bit of my post I quoted above, I was really impressed by your play on the last day here. It's hard to feel like a dead man walking, and then spend a bunch of time making reads etc. Don't be too hard on yourself.
    Pilica and Kliff calling him scummy was hard to shake for awhile too

32. ISO #3082
    Timezone
    Community
    DailyMafia
    Quote Originally Posted by baudib1 (#3080)
    i consider this bias as i was legitamately frustrated with his play that day

33. ISO #3083
    Community
    FlopTurnRiver
    Quote Originally Posted by stormslyde (#3082)
    It was clear to me even before the vig claim that he was a villager who was playing well, and I think I said that at some point. The thing is you pushing the vig soft is really anti-town in this setup (I had an issue with Chemist doing this as well). Then your reaction is really bad IMO, the "all you've done is blast wolves" is pretty LOL. But you had a lot of WIM there and sometimes that's all you need.

34. ISO #3084
    Timezone
    Community
    DailyMafia
    Quote Originally Posted by baudib1 (#3083)
    It was clear to me even before the vig claim that he was a villager who was playing well, and I think I said that at some point. The thing is you pushing the vig soft is really anti-town in this setup (I had an issue with Chemist doing this as well). Then your reaction is really bad IMO, the "all you've done is blast wolves" is pretty LOL. But you had a lot of WIM there and sometimes that's all you need.
    well, its actually better to call out softs IMO especially obvious ones, at least in a scared setup.

and at that point in the game MM was just complaining about not having his reads sheeped, and refused to engage. obviously im biased and didnt read him fully but i stand by the frustration in his play on d4 as being legitimate and not faked

35. ISO #3085
    Timezone
    Community
    DailyMafia
    all in all, i think it was a very fun game and was far from an easy win. MM played extremely well and I was playing to my wincon on eod4 no hard feelings hopefully

36. ISO #3086
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00

37. ISO #3087
    Timezone
    Community
    DailyMafia
    Quote Originally Posted by moms meatloaf (#3086)
    none at all. you did great
    yeah, i was a bit worried about crossing the line into personal attack. but i think i did pretty well, its something i struggle with. i dont mean to be personally insulting. I'm just mafia lol

38. ISO #3088
    Timezone
    Community
    DailyMafia
    Quote Originally Posted by stormslyde (#3087)
    Quote Originally Posted by moms meatloaf (#3086)
    none at all. you did great
    yeah, i was a bit worried about crossing the line into personal attack. but i think i did pretty well, its something i struggle with. i dont mean to be personally insulting. I'm just mafia lol
    and yeah, you played really well obviously, just wanted a bit more participation from you in the thread so i can fake a read on you lmao

39. ISO #3089
    Timezone
    Community
    DailyMafia
    and fwiw, i really cant post at work consistently. i skim read but its on mobile and im a delivery driver so formulating thoughts and putting them into posts is nearly impossible at red lights lmao

40. ISO #3090
    Timezone
    Community
    DailyMafia
    Quote Originally Posted by stormslyde (#3089)
    and fwiw, i really cant post at work consistently. i skim read but its on mobile and im a delivery driver so formulating thoughts and putting them into posts is nearly impossible at red lights lmao
    i got hard triggered by wisdom and you calling me non participatory

41. ISO #3091
    Timezone
    was fun and challenging. I liked the setup and the difficulty.

42. ISO #3092
    Timezone
    thought we were playin king difficulty

43. ISO #3093
    Timezone
    Community
    DailyMafia
    Quote Originally Posted by moms meatloaf (#3092)
    wasnt expecting to play deity settings.
    thought we were playin king difficulty
    lmao, tbf it seems like you had the game on easy mode

44. ISO #3094
    Timezone
    Community
    DailyMafia
    this setup is super interesting, hope to see more of it

45. ISO #3095
    Community
    NAmafia (formerly NAdota)
    AKA
    fluffy rabbit

46. ISO #3096
    Timezone
    Community
    MiniMafia
    Quote Originally Posted by moms meatloaf (#3091)
    Quote Originally Posted by stormslyde (#3094)
    Thaaaat reminds me. I was running this an experiment to see if this setup was indeed as interesting as it seemed on paper (it was to me), and if the complexity, and nuance was fun as opposed to feeling like a competitive math test or something, and it seemed more like the former.

With all that being said, I'm interested if anyone has feedback, and if there was anything you particularly did or did not, or anything else that was really interesting, or strange or whatever. I think the next time I run it I'll try a 21er again to see how that goes, and I've kicked around the idea of giving wolves a 1-shot vig, but really unsure on that one.

47. ISO #3097
    Timezone
    Community
    DailyMafia
    Quote Originally Posted by bearsquared (#3096)
    Quote Originally Posted by moms meatloaf (#3091)
    Quote Originally Posted by stormslyde (#3094)
    Thaaaat reminds me. I was running this an experiment to see if this setup was indeed as interesting as it seemed on paper (it was to me), and if the complexity, and nuance was fun as opposed to feeling like a competitive math test or something, and it seemed more like the former.

With all that being said, I'm interested if anyone has feedback, and if there was anything you particularly did or did not, or anything else that was really interesting, or strange or whatever. I think the next time I run it I'll try a 21er again to see how that goes, and I've kicked around the idea of giving wolves a 1-shot vig, but really unsure on that one.
    the follower feels a little too weak, might buff it up some how, potentially a version that checks to see if the slot has ever carried KP would add more layers to the wolf night play and would give follower more consistently usable information in the late game.

48. ISO #3098
    Community
    FlopTurnRiver
    I think a Jailkeeper or JOAT might be better than follower but IDK. Hard to judge off this game.

49. ISO #3099
    Community
    FlopTurnRiver
    Quote Originally Posted by stormslyde (#3084)
    Quote Originally Posted by baudib1 (#3083)
    well, its actually better to call out softs IMO especially obvious ones, at least in a scared setup.

and at that point in the game MM was just complaining about not having his reads sheeped, and refused to engage. obviously im biased and didnt read him fully but i stand by the frustration in his play on d4 as being legitimate and not faked
    I mean I noticed it and wasn't going to say anything. Also you and MM are on different teams so I don't get how you can sincerely say his play was frustrating. I said we should just sheep him. shrugemoji

50. ISO #3100
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafia Host (#3040)
    Game Over

The Town has been overrun. The Mafia team wins.

Mafia Members

@Logic
    @Marluxion
    @stormslyde
    @Suspicious
    x2 Mafia Goon
    x1 Mafia Ninja Even-Night Jailkeeper
    x1 Mafia Ninja Odd-Night Jailkeeper
    x10 Town Vanilla
    x1 Town Follower
    x1 Town Scared Even-Night Vigilante
    x1 Town Scared Odd-Night Vigilante
    baudib1 (Town Vanilla)
    Chemist1422 (Town Vanilla)
    Chocolate (Town Vanilla)
    Colin (Town Vanilla)
    Contrainer (Town Follower)
    dota (Town Vanilla)
    Duk3star (Town Scared Even-Night Vigilante)
    Impeaceful (Town Vanilla)
    Kliff (Town Vanilla)
    Logic (Mafia Goon)
    Marluxion (Mafia Goon)
    Me, An Intellectual (Town Vanilla)
    moms meatloaf (Town Scared Odd-Night Vigilante)
    Pilica (Town Vanilla)
    stormslyde (Mafia Ninja Even-Night Jailkeeper)
    Suspicious (Mafia Ninja Odd-Night Jailkeeper)
    Wisdom (Town Vanilla)
    N1: baudib1 subbed in for lol
    N1: Logic subbed in for Cobalt
    2: Wisdom subbed in for Spinach Nipples

Graveyard Chat: Scared Vigilante 17er Graveyard Chat

Post-game discussion starts now.
    So i was right on my reads on both at EOD1, already started to suspect Suspicious for being off. Later in DVC didnt read with attention and got $#@!ty reads.
    No one gave a $#@! at the reason of my death smh.

Bear tnx 4 hosting an awesome setup.
    Meatloaf he had some insane reads.
    Gg both