Page 1 of 174 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 6, Finale: The Billion-Dollar Pogo Stick Race [The Mafia Championship]

1. ISO #1
    vast tonal gap Lissa's Avatar Moderator
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Ultimate Mafia / Mafia Universe
    Season 6, Finale: The Billion-Dollar Pogo Stick Race [The Mafia Championship]

SEASON 6, FINALE: THE BILLION-DOLLAR POGO STICK RACE (MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP)

Welcome to Season 6 of the Mafia Championship!

An international forum-based tournament for Mafia players from 187 different communities

Sponsored by Werewolf Online

Hosted By: Our automated @Mafia Host w/ @GeneralHankerchief providing flavor
    Start Date: September 30, 2019
    Start of Day/End of Day: 8 PM EDT (01.00 UK time)
    Phase Lengths: 48/24
    Lynch Mechanics: Deadline Lynch (person with most votes is lynched at the end of the deadline). In case of a tie, one of the tied players will randomly be lynched. No lynch is a valid vote. Starting Day 2, Majority is enabled, meaning the players can end day early if someone attains a majority of the votes.
    Night Chat In Thread: No, thread will be locked during Night Phases
    Out of Thread Communication: Only the Mafia team may communicate with each other outside of the thread (24/7)
    LYLO Rules: Votes are automatically locked in at LYLO. I.e. when the game reaches a point where one more mislynch leads to a loss, you cannot change your vote once you have cast it.
    Minimum Posting Requirement: Minimum 10 posts per Game Day
    Maximum Posts Allowed: 175 posts per player per Game Day (restriction is lifted 2 hours before EOD though, so if you've reached your max you can post again at that time).
    ROLES
    13x Town
    4x Mafia

Of the following 18 roles, 1 will randomly be discarded and the other 17 will be assigned at random to one player in the game without regard for the player's alignment. Each role is restricted to using its action only on the nights listed on the chart. The Mafia will be told which role is not present in the game.

Role Acts On These Nights Modifier
    Watcher n1 Only Macho
    Watcher n2 Only
    Alignment Cop n2 Only 1x Ninja
    Alignment Cop n3 Only 1x Ninja
    Vigilante n2 Only
    Vigilante n3 Only
    Doctor n1, n3
    Doctor n2, n4
    Tracker n1, n3 1x Strongman
    Tracker n2, n4 1x Strongman
    Jailkeeper n1, n3
    Jailkeeper n2, n4
    Roleblocker n1, n3
    Roleblocker n2, n4
    Role Cop n1, n2, n3 1x Strongman
    Jack of All Trades
    (Role Cop, Tracker, Roleblocker)
    n1, n2, n3
    Jack of All Trades
    (Doctor, Jailkeeper, Voyeur)
    n1, n2, n3
    Voyeur n1, n2, n3, n4 1x Strongman

Watcher: Learns who visited the target, but not what actions they did

Alignment Cop: Learns whether the target is town or mafia, but not their role

Vigilante: Kills the target

Doctor: Protects the target from kills on that night only (cannot self-protect)

Tracker: Learns who the target visited, but not what actions they did

Roleblocker: Prevents the target from using their action on that night only

Jailkeeper: Performs both a Doctor and Roleblocker action on the target, both protecting and blocking them (cannot self-protect)

Role Cop: Learns the role of the target, but not whether they are town or mafia

Jack of All Trades: Can use one of their abilities per night without repeats

Voyeur: Learns what type of actions were performed on the target, but not who did them

Macho: The player cannot be protected from kills

Strongman: Kills performed with Strongman cannot be stopped in any way (serves no purpose if the player is town)

Ninja: Night actions performed on the night that Ninja is used are invisible to investigative roles (Trackers, Watchers, and Voyeurs)

MECHANICS
    • Role reveals at death are alignment only. You will not learn a player's exact role when they die.
    • Usage of night actions is optional, but unused actions will be lost.
    • Mafia factional kills are optional. Mafia may submit a factional kill each night, but are not required to. However, starting night 5, the factional kill will be mandatory.
    • Mafia factional kills are assigned. They can be tracked, watched, or roleblocked.
    • Mafia share a factional Night Kill, which is a single standard shot for their faction.
    • Mafia members may perform the faction kill in addition to their regular action at the same time.

FAQ
    Please note that Mafia Host - the Modbot - will post a FAQ as well that might contain answers to some questions that aren't covered here.

Q: What changes to the setup have been made since the practice games?

A: The Roleblocker role has been split into two roles, creating 18 total. One role will randomly be excluded from the setup, and the Mafia will be told which one it is. Also, both Tracker roles have gained Strongman modifiers.

Q: What does Cycle mean?

A: Cycle is Modbot terminology for the night(s) on which a role can act. This is an example of how some roles might appear in Role PMs and Role Cop investigations:

Jack of All Trades (x1 Doctor, x1 Jailkeeper, x1 Voyeur) | Cycle 1, 2, 3
    Doctor | Cycle 2, 4
    Alignment Cop | x1 Ninja | Cycle 2
    Macho Watcher | Cycle 1

Q: What do the Voyeur results look like?

A: The Voyeur sees the type of action performed on the target, but not the exact action. Modbot groups the actions into four categories: Protection (Doctor), Manipulative (Roleblocker, Jailkeeper), Killing (Vigilante, Mafia Faction Kill), and Investigative (all others). The Voyeur does not see their own action in their results. This is a sample results PM: "theknightsofneeee had Manipulative, Investigative, Killing done to them."

Q: What is the order of operations? What happens if a roleblocker targets a roleblocker?

A: The automated post at the start of each game contains a FAQ (in a spoiler tag) which answers these questions and more. However, there is one important clarification: the order of operations lists Strongman Kills first because they are immune to blocks, and regular kills are listed ahead of investigative actions because investigative roles can witness killing actions, but this only means that the target is marked for death before other actions are processed. No deaths actually occur until after all actions have been processed. In other words, dying at night never stops a player's action from happening.

The other important pieces of information are that Roleblockers act before Jailkeepers and that those roles are capable of blocking another player who attempts to use the same action. For more detailed information, please consult the aforementioned FAQ.

Q: Can Mafia players target their teammates with night actions?

A: Yes. The Mafia's faction kill cannot be used on a member of their own team, but all other actions (including Vigilante kills) may be used on members of their own team.

Q: Can Doctors and Jailkeepers self-target in order to protect themselves?

A: No.

Q: Which roles can self-target?

A: Only Watchers.

Q: Are the Strongman and Ninja actions limited only to the nights listed on the chart?

A: No. If a player is Mafia, they may use their Strongman or Ninja ability on any night.

Q: Can players be investigated while they are jailkept?

A: Yes. Jailkeep is a combination of roleblock and doctor, neither of which prevent investigations on the target.

Role PMs
    Please go to this page to find the exact wording of the Role PMs: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...oles-Modifiers

# REPRESENTATIVE COMMUNITY GAME
    1 @112 Canucks Community Game 6/Wildcard 1
    2 @Beck NovoCiv Game 7/Wildcard 2
    3 @DaBackpack Flash Flash Revolution Game 1
    4 @Dendrek MMO Champion Game 4
    5 @Evenstar Sufficient Velocity Game 5/Wildcard 1
    6 @Fable No Goblins Allowed Game 2
    7 @Geo (formerly Dad) The Bell Tree Game 9
    8 @Keldeo The Cave of Dragonflies Game 8/Wildcard 2
    9 @Lady Lambdadelta Liars Club Online Game 5
    10 @Macdougall The Syndicate Game 6/Wildcard 1
    11 @NANOOKTHECONQUEROR Mafia451 Game 8
    12 @Pawn Lelouch SpaceBattles Game 11
    13 @RedDevil19 Football Forums Game 3
    14 @Spiny Creature The Avocado Game 3/Wildcard 2
    15 @SwedishSkumbag Maffia Sverige Game 10
    16 @The Sun Fan Super Mafia All-Stars Game 7
    17 @WaywardSon Grey Dog Software Game 6

Spectate the game on our Discord server (1,000+ members)

Read more about this season here
    Last edited by Lissa; September 30th, 2019 at 07:29 PM.

2. ISO #2
    Timezone
    Community

The boxes below contain very helpful information. If you're a first-time player, we highly recommend that you read through it all.

MAFIA GAME RULES
    Rules may vary from community to community, so we highly advise you to carefully read these rules.

• Only post/talk about the game in this thread. Don't PM other players, unless you are mafia and wish to talk with your teammates. Also, don't post anything about the game in other threads or on other forums.
    • Don't try to use the form of your role PM. So a screenshot of your role PM would be cheating.
    • You are not allowed to change your avatar, location or any other profile info during game in any way that could be construed as hinting at your role.
    • This is a game of lying. Players are expected to lie. No statement or promise a player makes within the game has any force outside the game. As an example, a bet offered in a game is not something you can collect if you win.
    • If we believe you to be bending the rules intentionally in a way that clearly goes against the spirit of the rules and the game, then that would also be grounds for modkill.
    • If you have any questions about rules, send a PM to your host. Avoid asking questions to the host in the thread. And definitely do not make a post in the game thread asking the host to sub out a player. If you feel that a player is not being active enough, PM Thingyman or Lissa about it (but we're always keeping an eye on this anyway, so don't worry).
    • Don't ever refer to private communications with the Game Host.
    • If you should ever require a replacement, PM both Thingyman and Lissa and stop posting in the thread.
    • No hydra'ing / multi-accounting is allowed. Do not share your account with anyone else.
    • You are not allowed to reference the post-game voting during the game. I.e. you cannot post "if you lynch me, you're not getting my vote after the game" or anything like that.
    • Treat your fellow players with respect. Hostility will not be tolerated.

Refer to this post for the complete, standard ruleset for mafia games.

I will repeat this particular rule once more in big letters to make sure you understand:

DO NOT EVER REFERENCE THIS GAME OUTSIDE OF THIS GAME THREAD. YOU SHOULD NOT BE TALKING ABOUT THIS GAME WHATSOEVER ON YOUR HOME SITE. IF PEOPLE ASK YOU QUESTIONS, TELL THEM YOU CAN'T TALK ABOUT THE GAME AND LINK THEM TO THIS THREAD.
    MINIMUM ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS
    All players are required to make a minimum of 10 posts per game day.

The game hosts and tournament organizers reserve all rights to immediately sub out any player not meeting this requirement, regardless of whether or not the player has met the requirement on previous days. Similarly, if players are only meeting this requirement by spamming and/or posting in the last hour of the day, that and similar circumstances would also be cause for substitution.

If players aren't posting, the tournament organizers will always first try to prod the players in question.

SUBSTITUTION PROCEDURE
    If your representative needs to sub out during a QUALIFIER, your community's backup will take their place, assuming 1) you've elected one, 2) they've registered a user on Mafia Universe, and 3) that I'm able to get a hold of them within a reasonable amount of time (i.e. with enough time left in the current phase for the sub to work with).

If I can't get a hold of your backup, I will give the spot to a representative from a community that joined the series late - or failing that, a backup from one of the larger communities.

If your representative needs to sub out during a WILDCARD or FINALE, your community's backup will NOT take their place. Instead the next person who was in line to receive a wildcard or finale spot will take their place.
    As was specified in the invitation, some of you will be picked by the jury to advance to one of this season's two wildcard games. In total, the jury selects 23 players that they feel are deserving of a second chance.

Below is a statement from the jury foreman.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief (#422)
    Pre-Tournament Statement from the Jury

Hello and good luck to all representatives!

We, the jury, would like to take this occasion to somewhat clarify our mission and criteria. We consist of finalists from Season 5 who have agreed to follow this year's qualifying games in order to select a number of players for the wildcard rounds who were not directly voted in but otherwise displayed skill - to give them a "second chance" of making the finals, in other words.

This past offseason, there was some momentum to make the jury's exact criteria for advancing select players more transparent, in order to give them an idea of things that we're looking for over the course of the games.

The problem with doing this, especially before the games start and we've really had a chance to talk to each other in detail, is that each individual juror has their own opinions of what constitutes a player worthy of advancement. Over the coming months, we'll certainly talk about it, argue about it, and come to a consensus - that's the entire point, after all - but singling out specific things we're looking for at this stage is unfortunately something we cannot do. Nor do we want to unduly influence games by having players play "unnaturally" simply because they know we're observing and judging them.

That said, we will be examining each player's output holistically. How accurate a player's reads are, how sound a player's logic and rationale is behind their reads, how well they know and use the game's mechanics, how well they work with others in order to accomplish their team's goals, and many more traits are all things we'll be taking into account. The only question is how heavily we weigh each trait in determining who to advance to the wildcard round, and that's going to take up a great amount of our time over the coming months.

tl;dr just play your game, try your best, good luck, and most importantly, have fun!

USING THE SOFTWARE

While Mafia Universe runs on vBulletin, we have many custom-made features that you may not have seen anywhere else. Read this guide to learn about them.

The animated images are set to load on click to lessen the load on mobile users.

How do I vote for a player? (Vote // Reply With Vote)

To vote for a player, click the Checked Box icon located in the Post Reply toolbar. A dropdown list of all live players will appear. Select a username to be automatically placed within the Vote BBCode ([V]USERNAME[/V]). When you vote for a new player, the old vote will be automatically removed to make room.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/nkmX4ov.gif
    Click to load this image

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/UNJ2vU2.gif
    Click to load this image

How do I unvote / remove a vote from a player? (Unvote)

To manually unvote and set yourself as Not voting, click the Unchecked Box icon located in the Post Reply toolbar. The username currently being voted for will automatically be placed within the Unvote BBCode ([UNV]USERNAME[/UNV]). The username is optional.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/cqBeZGf.gif
    Click to load this image

What is Vote History? // How do I view all votes cast throughout the game? (Vote History)

Vote History is an ordered list of all votes cast in the game. To view all votes cast throughout the game, click Vote History located in the Game Tools navbar, or below a vote count post. The Vote History page contains instructions on how to filter votes cast.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/oQ1U4JI.gif
    Click to load this image

How do I request a vote count? // How do I view the current votes cast? (Post Votecount)

To generate a current Votecount in-thread, click Post Votecount located in the Game Tools navbar at the top and bottom of the thread.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/7KzsQXW.gif
    Click to load this image

How do I submit a Night Action in an automated game? (Automated Games)

In automated games, you may submit your actions by scrolling to the bottom of the thread and selecting your target(s) from a dropdown list using the Night Action Form for the each action. When you have selected a target, press Submit, and your current target will be changed to the player you selected. Note: Some actions process instantly and cannot be edited, such as Day Kills.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/fusXh6j.gif
    Click to load this image

What is the Thread Summary? // How do I find important game events? // Can I view all Phase updates in one location? (Thread Summary)

The Thread Summary is a list of important events, such as Start and End of Phase, within the thread. Most games will generate them automatically, but hosts, moderators and thread creators can add them for their own events. To view a list of all significant events throughout the game, click Thread Summary located in the Game Tools navbar. A dropdown of all events deemed significant by the Host, including each Phase Update, will be listed.

Alternatively, check the OP and other reserved posts at the beginning of the thread. The [SUMMARY][/SUMMARY] BBCode automatically inserts the thread summary into the post wherever it appears.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/EhHSyl6.gif
    Click to load this image

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/rAEpW1z.gif
    Click to load this image

What is an ISO? // How do I search a single player's posts? (ISO)

An ISO is a search that contains all of one user's posts in that thread. To search for a single player's posts in the thread, click ISO ( short for Isolate) located at the top right of any one of their posts.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/eNDvDMB.gif
    Click to load this image

What is Multi-ISO? // How can I search by more than one user? (Multi-ISO)

A Multi-ISO is a search that contains all posts by multiple users within the thread. It can also be used as a convenient way to ISO a player without finding one of their posts to find an ISO button. To search posts by one or more users at a time, click Multi-ISO located in the Game Tools navbar at the top of the thread. Then, select one or more usernames and click Submit.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/VuOv8Rm.gif
    Click to load this image

What are Bookmarks? // How do I save a post so I can easily access it later? (Bookmarking)

Bookmarks are color-coded notes you can attach to each post for later use. Only you can see your Bookmarks. To save an important post, click Bookmark located at the top right of any single post. Select a color that appears to the right of said post, and enter a note. To remove a saved post, click Un-Bookmark located at the top right of any Bookmarked post.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/OoDuwuM.gif
    Click to load this image

To view all Bookmarks in the thread, click Bookmarks in the Game Tools navbar at the top of the thread.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/uyoJyNB.gif
    Click to load this image

To view all Bookmarks created in all threads, click My Bookmarks located in the Features menu at the top of the page.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/QBhqDUc.gif
    Click to load this image

What is Notepad // Can I write and save notes for a specific game? (Notepad)

The Notepad is a tool you can use for writing and saving notes for games that you are playing. Access it by clicking the Pen icon in the top right of your screen.

If you click it, you will see a Notepad dialog box. This Notepad saves notes for the current game. Only you can see your notes, and only you can edit them, via the same button.

If you do not want to use it, you can disable the icon via a button in the toolbar at the top of the thread.

Note that the disable feature is remembered by the browser, so you will need to disable it on each device if you want to hide it completely.

How do I view all players currently alive? (Living Players List)

To view (and Insert) a list of all players currently alive, click the Crowd icon located in the Post Reply toolbar. A dropdown list of all live players will appear.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/AM2TEez.gif
    Click to load this image

How do I link a specific post in the thread? (POSTNUM)

To link to a specific post without copying the link itself, click the Arrow icon located in the Post Reply toolbar and place the specific post's # within the [POSTNUM] BBCode tags.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/swNxcqd.gif
    Click to load this image

How do I jump between Game Threads (Graveyard / Mafia / Mason / ...) without opening PMs? (Game Threads)

To visit any Game-related threads you have access to, open the Game Threads dropdown in the navbar above any Game-related thread. Every thread will become accessible in the post-game.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/JEG88HG.gif
    Click to load this image
    WHAT THE $#@! DOES "WTF" MEAN?

Are you not familiar with some of the terminology used by the other players? Maybe this will help you: TERMINOLOGY EXPLANATIONS.
    DISCLAIMER ALERT
    The beauty of the Mafia Championship is that it brings communities closer together, and it provides an opportunity for players to learn new playstyles, metas and mechanics. And hopefully make new friends as well.

All that being said, the games can also very quickly become overwhelming and frustrating since you probably won't be able to play completely in the same way that you're used to. You don't necessarily need to adapt, but you will probably need to accept that some of the other players will have a different approach to the game than you.

We hope that you will embrace this as part of the experience. It's easy to grow frustrated with people when you don't know them (imagine how you would have felt playing with your friends on your home site if you didn't know any of them when you played your first game together), so a huge part of playing in the Championship is also getting to know the other players in some way.

Specifically, the seasons have taught us that you should be prepared for:
    • A very high level of activity. On average, there will be 600 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. This is a melting pot of dedicated and enthusiastic players all gathered in one game.
    • You will likely face very different posting styles: Some will post walls of texts with many quotes, some will post a ton of one-liners, and some people will be very keen to interact in real-time in the thread (using the thread as a chat rather than a thread you pop into a few times a day).
    • A flurry of activity towards the end of the day. This means that if you check out 5 hours before the day ends, you should not be surprised to return the next day to see that the wagons were changed multiple times. If you want your vote to count, be careful to not agree to a game where you can never be around for EOD.
    • A few players in your game will probably have played with each other before. This has become impossible to prevent as increasingly many players have played on Mafia Universe.
    • We do not condone abusive remarks and we have banned several communities from participating based on this before, but each season features dozens of new communities, so there is always a slight risk that you might encounter abusive players. If you do, please report them and we'll take care of it.

Some advice:
    • Get an avatar. This makes it easier for everyone to tell each other apart.
    • You can choose between different forum themes (i.e. make the forum look different) in the bottom left corner of the site. Some of them are better suited for mobile devices than others.
    • Look at your settings. You can customize profanity filter, you can choose to automatically receive email notifications of new replies to the game thread if you wish, and you can edit Posts per Page (many regular MU'ers have it set to 100 per page).
    • If at all possible, try to make a habit out of checking in as regularly as you can, especially during the very beginning of the game. Don't delay your first check-in - or you will face a swamp of posts and you will feel like you're constantly trying to catch up.

Most importantly, just do your best and have fun. The experience is mostly what you make it. There will be tryhards, there will be noobs, there will be meme posters, and there will be people just here to make friends. All are accepted, all are welcome.

All that being said, past seasons have shown that players get more enjoyment out of the games when they make connections with the other players, so we highly encourage you to join our Discord server either before or after the game.

3. ISO #3
    Timezone
    Community

This is already covered in "Using our software" above, but since this is a role-heavy automated game with a lot of new players to the site, we want to make extra sure that people are submitting night actions correctly.

All roles have actions to use, and these actions can only be used on certain nights. The Cycle modifier part of your role will make it clear which nights you can use your action on. For example, if your role ends with "Cycle 2, 4", you can use your night action on nights 2 and 4.

One more thing that's important to understand is that you can pre-submit your actions for any given night on the day phase leading up to that night. So if you know that you'll be away during the night phase, or even if you're afraid that you might just forget, you can just submit it in advance. I.e. if your role has a Cycle 1 modifier, you can submit your action at any point on Day 1 - you don't need to wait until Night 1 begins.

If you choose to not use your action on a night that you are able to use it on, you will lose it and will not be able to "save" it for later.

How do I submit my Night Action?

In automated games, you may submit your actions by scrolling to the bottom of the thread and selecting your target(s) from a dropdown list using the Night Action Form for the each action. When you have selected a target, press Submit, and your current target will be changed to the player you selected.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/fusXh6j.gif
    Click to load this image

You can change your action as many times as you'd like. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Sending your action via PM to the host does NOT work! You need to use the form!

The Mafia Championship is, first and foremost, about building bonds between communities and creating new friendships.

You are all here to compete, but you are also here to represent your home community. Amongst the 187 communities that are participating this year, we have many different community types, nationalities, playstyles and experience levels represented. The Mafia Championship is all about celebrating these differences and opening up an opportunity for us all to learn from each other.

As long as you are playing to win, there is no wrong way to play this game. Some people enjoy roleplaying, some enjoy "$#@!posting", some enjoy solving the logic puzzle, and some enjoy an aggressive approach to discerning others' alignments. They are all valid playstyles.

So we ask that, in the true spirit of the Mafia Championship, that you, as players, do your best to enjoy the experience for what it is: A melting pot of unique and wildly varying playstyles and personalities. You may grow frustrated at times. In fact, it is easy to grow frustrated when you're playing with people that you don't know, which is why we also hope that - besides following our Code of Conduct - you'll make an effort to get to know your fellow players at least a little bit. As the five previous seasons have shown, a majority of you will make several friends from this game.

Good luck and have fun!

/Thingyman

4. ISO #4
    Timezone
    Community

1) 112

REPRESENTING: Canucks Community

NATIONALITY: Canadian

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): circa 2010

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: forum.canucks.com, escaperestart.com, mafiauniverse.com

BIO:
    36-24-34

She likes walks on the beach and dinners by the fireplace but doesn’t like rainy days

If she was the president for the day she would make sure everyone said only nice things to each other.

The person she most respects in the world is Meghan Markel because not only is she a real life princess but she was also a star on the hit show “Suits”.

Her favourite food is ice cubes and a wheatgrass colonics.

Her favourite song is “Friday” by Rebecca Black since it resonates with the important issues facing this generation like should I sit in the back seat or kick it in the front seat.

Her favourite book is “See spot run” because it has such a happy ending.

When asked, ‘what is the most important thing about The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms to you, personally?’, this was her response:

”I personally believe that, as Canadians, it is important to have rights and freedoms. Also to be able to reserve it for any time we need it or even for future generations is good for us. For me, personally, knowing that these rights and freedoms will be waiting for me whenever I should need them is so important. One time I was on a photo shoot for ‘Ass n’ Syrup’ magazine and they chartered a bus for all of us girls that had air conditioning, and the really hot days we had freedom to get out of the heat so the Canadian one is like that for me. Thank you, namaste.”

2) Beck

REPRESENTING: NovoCiv

NATIONALITY: New England

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2009

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: NovoCiv, Mafia Universe, 2+2, some others

BIO:

in the time of chimpanzees i was a monkey

im a driver, im a winner
    things are gonna change, i can feel it

3) DaBackpack

REPRESENTING: Flash Flash Revolution

NATIONALITY: USA

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2013

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: FlashFlashRevolution

BIO:
    I am a level 99 Dancer main (mastered). I usually run R15 Terpsichore/Twashtar but I also sometimes use Aeneas/Twashtar. My favorite subjobs are Samurai, Rune Fencer, and Ninja. I love this job because of its immense flexibility and general utility --- being able to switch between DPS, main healer, off-tank, buffer, and debuffer at will is super exhilarating. Even though I'm the best Dancer on my server my friends usually make me play Geomancer because they're meanies.

Oh also I play mafia sometimes. I am FFR's premier Innocent Child. I love my cats.

4) Dendrek

REPRESENTING: MMO Champion

NATIONALITY: American

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2014

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: MMO-Champion

BIO:
    There's a lot I can say about myself.

5) Evenstar

REPRESENTING: Sufficient Velocity

NATIONALITY: Canada

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): Sometime back in like 2010?

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: MSPAFA, Sufficient Velocity, Mafia Universe, Mafiascum, Town of Salem

BIO, courtesy of Pawn Lelouch:

So Eva, where to begin here.

First off, she is a virtuoso when it comes to emotional acting range regardless of alignment. She can and has consistently fooled people with it as scum and used it to get extra trust as town.

Confirming her as town on the basis that scum never fakes that type and level of emotion is a mistake that town shouldn’t make. Rather you should watch for how smooth and incremental her emotional progressions are and when she is doing a large emotion post if there is any actual game content inside.

She has a bit of a bad habit in regards to automatically defaulting to FPSing, though she has been trying to moderate it recently.

Has had the moniker “Lord of the Hellbus” for a damn good reason and is very vicious about it. Grin with teeth should ring a bell there for a reason.

And of course you can look back at her previous two bios for more info if you want it.

Statline:
    Event Analysis: Above Average, able to read into a situation and get the lay of the land extremely fast and accurately.

Behaviour Analysis: Above Average, specialized in finding intent behind arguments and claims.

Passive Charisma: Good

Active Charisma: High

Lies: Above Average, she can trick the vast majority of people into believing her lies off the emotional section but has a bad habit of forgetting one or two details that end up leading to her getting caught late game.

Intuition: Average, tends to do significantly better with information but has decent gut reads as well.

Information Security: High, understands how to use and hide information, as well as how to damage the understanding of the current gamestate someone has.

Coolness Under Fire: Average, Eva can lose her cool relatively easily but she won’t easily slip off it, and is more likely to get argumentative and stubborn than anything else.

Defensive Arguing: Average. She doesn’t really do actually defensive arguing honestly. It tends to transition into offensive arguing rather quickly. While she does have her deportment helping her out on that front oftentimes she tends to be argumentative and double down, which biases people against her.

Offensive Arguing:
    High, knows how to do a rapid fire, overwhelming barrage of questions that is able to push unprepared scum into slipping easily or making a town player look unsteady.

Deportment: Strong, Evenstar knows what persona she wants to present to the thread and she knows how to swap between them.

Presence: Strong, when she’s in the game she is a force that is constantly pushing at everyone and proactive.

6) Fable

REPRESENTING: No Goblins Allowed

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: GatheringMagic, No Goblins Allowed, MtG: Salvation, Mafia Universe, Personality Cafe, Chucklefish Forums, Dark Lord Potter, Serenes Forest, SC2 mafia

BIO:

7) Geo

REPRESENTING: The Bell Tree

NATIONALITY:

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR):

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES:

BIO:
    I forgot to remind Geo to send me one before the game, as he originally subbed in; he can send me one when he gets a chance and I'll edit it into this space.

8) Keldeo

REPRESENTING: The Cave of Dragonflies

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2014

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: The Cave of Dragonflies, Mafia Universe, GameFAQs, Discord

BIO:
    My background is mainly in games with a relaxed pace and focus on power roles. I'm not that good at mafia, but I really enjoy playing and try my best. I'm very excited to be in the finale - let's have a fun game!

"IDK MAYBE HE'S JUST TOO DAMN POLITE D: D: D:"
    "i'll literally jump out of an airplane if this is a wolf"
    "lol Keldeo"

9) Lady Lambdadelta

REPRESENTING: Liars Club Online

NATIONALITY: Canadian

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2006? ish?

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: I have played on Facebook, EpicMafia, Mafiascum..... the list is kind of too numerous to list. DarkLordPotter. Cry_Wolf. How many more do I need?

BIO:
    Hi I'm Lexi, I hate writing about myself. I like Mafia, I like playing Mafia, and I like when I get to play Mafia without having to talk about myself in a weird bio thing that makes me feel awkward, lol.

10) Macdougall

REPRESENTING: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/

NATIONALITY: Australian

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2011

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: rateyourmusic.com, somethingawful.com, mafiascum.com, mafiathesyndicate.com

BIO:
    32 years old. Father of two daughters (1 and 8). General Manager of a B2B digital services company. Lover of beer, wine, coffee and possessor of enormous beard. Not bad guitarist/singer. Gets crowd pumping at karaoke. Can deadlift 210kg and squat 200kg.

Have been playing forums Mafia since 2011 but prefer to play irl. I would say I am slightly better at being scum than town but I am good at both. My general tactic is to use my decent first gut read to accuse players thus creating the content that forms the game. I am about as good at emulating my civ meta as mafia as anyone could be but I have been nabbed once or twice. I never roll independent.

Probably my best achievement is being in the winning Sydnicate Champs Game as scum (have been in scum and civ winning teams but I was the night 1 kill in the civ winning team) though I'd say my best individual moments would be either when I claimed beloved princess only for the next lynch to flip beloved princess and manage to convince the town I was a second beloved princess and win as scum, claim VT by accident in a role madness game at the start of the game and talk my way out of it and win as scum, or win a multiball Mafia game after scum claiming and convincing the remaining players to keep me alive until it was too late to lynch me. I have been part of 9 winning games in 2019 so far, and I am aiming to break the all time record of games won on The Syndicate in a calendar year this year so I am in good form.

11) NANOOKTHECONQUEROR

REPRESENTING: Mafia451

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): I have no idea, maybe 2008ish

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: All the good ones

BIO:
    I’m Clem, 23, from the US of A. I recently graduated college with an AAS, and I’m currently working as a video editor at PBS. My relevant skills include reading at a kindergarten level (I like pictures), writing English good, and knowing ellibereth. I think you’ll find that I embrace the ethos of working hard or hardly working in an engaging and innovative manner.

12) Pawn Lelouch

REPRESENTING: SpaceBattles

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2017

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Sufficient Velocity, Town of Salem, MU

BIO:
    Pawn Lelouch. Ah, Pawn Lelouch...
    Pawn has a scary amount of control over his presence, and a damn-near-supernatural ability to solve games I can't even begin to read.

While he's relatively weak at the social-control aspects of the game, his understanding of information control beats everyone else I know.

Pawn Lelouch is better than me. I say it with no shame. He has more solid, consistent reads. He says what he means to say where I stumble. He has less acting range than me, but damned if I can ever distinguish between Scum!Pawn and Town!Pawn. He is cool under fire, and just gets catty when he's annoyed. It is sometimes possible to drown him out, but he's not afraid to argue and his cutting logic tears apart most theatre.

I would say his biggest weakness is that he is almost never obviously town. If confirmed town, sheep this bastard to your grave.

Statline:
    Event Analysis: Extremely Strong. Give him two facts to rub together, and Pawn will nail a scum to a wall with them.
    Behaviour Analysis: Strong. Pawn picks up on details I miss completely. He also understands the importance of managing the gamestate.
    Passive Charisma: Good.
    Active Charisma: Good.
    Lies: Strong. Understands how to spin. When he screws up, it's by succeeding too well, or not thinking through the consequences of his lies well enough. Fan of a well placed over many lies.
    Intuition: Above Average. Tends to do better with more information to work from, but not a slouch.
    Information Security: Extremely Strong. Understands the value of information, and hides its existence incredibly well.
    Coolness Under Fire: Strong. Can be visibly annoyed, but rarely if ever lets it affect his play. I've never seen him be pressured into a slip.
    Defensive Arguing: Above Average. Prefers to deflect and slide away from arguments rather than directly refute them, but can put up a good defense if pressed.
    Offensive Arguing: Strong. Pawn's cases kill people, so long as he can get them heard. He knows how to push a lynch and he isn't afraid to stick his neck out to do so.
    Deportment: Strong. Knows how to produce impressions in others, knows how to control his actions. He only has the one poker face I've seen, but it's a damn good one.
    Presence: Good, with extremely strong control. Can slide from "barely there" to "significant thread presence" more or less at will. However, not at home in a direct battle for thread control.

- Penned by Evenstar

13) RedDevil19

REPRESENTING: Football Forums

NATIONALITY: English

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2017

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Football Forums

BIO:
    Apparently hosting a few decent games is enough to get nominated for this so here I am. First time ever playing Mafia on a site other than the one listed above so will be a completely new experience for me and I imagine almost like playing Mafia again for the first time. If you like a bet you would probably get odds of around 10000 - 1 for me to win this thing. I've got a fiver on it.

14) Spiny Creature

REPRESENTING: The Avocado

NATIONALITY: U.S.

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2011

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: The Avocado (the—avocado.org)

BIO:
    Relentlessly chatty. Rarely lynched, constantly nightkilled. Strength: seeing every side of an argument or possible explanation. Weakness: indecisiveness due to above.

15) SwedishSkumbag

REPRESENTING: Maffia Sverige

NATIONALITY: You got 3 guesses

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2015

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Mafia Universe, Mafiascum (1 game) and loads IRL (with Maffia Sverige)

BIO:

16) The Sun Fan

REPRESENTING: Super Mafia All-Stars

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Flashflashrevolution, DailyMafia, Super Mafia All-Stars, LastLifeForums, ZeldaDungeon, Bulbagarden, 2+2, MafiaUniverse, FFYA

BIO:
    I play a lot of mafia. I probably have not gone a month since October of 2013 without being, in some way, involved in a mafia game. I definitely have gone very few days without thinking about mafia. I care about this game a lot; its given me more than I would care to list in a bio that very few people will read. That's why I want to win. I think I am, at worst, within the top 1% of English-speaking players on the internet. I am a product of Flashflashrevolution, and I want to correct the record and at least make the finals this year. I'm going to be trying really, really hard.

17) WaywardSon

REPRESENTING: Grey Dog Software

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2007

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Grey Dog Software, Mafia Universe, as well as a work related site for many years, and have played games on numerous sites on the net that are represented here.

BIO:
    Started playing mafia on GDS(theoutlaw321) when a fellow member brought it over from another site. That was 2007. Was instantly hooked. My activity level has ebbed and flowed over the years, getting back into the serious mode last October.
    I enjoy playing whatever role I am randed. I don’t have a preference. I look at the role card and try to do my best to fulfill my wincon.

5. ISO #5
    Season 5 Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Totalwar.org (The Org)
    AKA
    GH, Fuchs
    The Billion-Dollar Pogo Stick Race: Game Information!

This is an automated game of Mafia.

Setup - 17 Players

CLOSED
    • POST RESTRICTION: You may only post 175 times per Day phase. This restriction will be lifted 2 hours before phase end.
    • Majority will be in effect starting Day 2. Day 2 onward will end the instant a majority is reached.
    • Town wins when all threats to Town have been eliminated.
    • Mafia factions win when they achieve Parity and all other evil factions have been eliminated at any time.
    • Votes are automatically locked in at LYLO.
    • No Lynching is enabled. Vote for No Lynch to forgo a lynch that Day.
    • Mafia factional kills are mandatory. Mafia must submit a factional kill each night, or a player outside their faction will be chosen at random.
    • Mafia factional kills are assigned. They can be tracked, watched, or roleblocked.
    • Mafia share a factional Night Kill, which is a single standard shot for their faction.
    • Mafia may communicate at any time.
    • Tied votes will result in a player being lynched at random from among the tied players.

Phase Lengths

Days are 48 hours in length. Nights are 24 hours in length.

Players

@112
    @Beck
    @DaBackpack
    @Dendrek
    @Evenstar
    @Fable
    @Geo
    @Keldeo
    @Lady Lambdadelta
    @Macdougall
    @NANOOKTHECONQUEROR
    @Pawn Lelouch
    @RedDevil19
    @Spiny Creature
    @SwedishSkumbag
    @The Sun Fan
    @WaywardSon

FAQ

Are you unsure about how actions are processed or how roles interact with each other? Then read more here:

ORDER OF OPERATIONS

Night actions are processed in this order:

Strongman kills
    Roleblocks
    Jails
    Doctors
    Bodyguards
    Kills
    Investigations
    Backups

When an action was submitted during the night will never matter when the actions are processed.

ACTION FEEDBACK

These are the results you will get when you submit certain actions.

Non-investigative roles when they submit an action (they also receive this if they are roleblocked):

Your action on Player A was received.
    Investigative actions return results even if the target dies on the same night.

Actions that count as visits are counted as visits even if the actor dies on the same night.

Investigative roles (Tracker, Cop, etc.) when roleblocked:

Your action on Player B did not return any results.
    Trackers when tracking a person that didn't visit anyone (or if they targeted a Ninja):

Player C did not visit anyone.
    Watchers when watching a person that wasn't visited by anyone (or only visited by a Ninja):

Player D was not visited by anyone.
    Alignment Cop when investigating a town-aligned player (or a Godfather):

Player E is Town
    Watcher when watching a person that was visited by multiple people:

Player F was visited by Player G, Player H, Player I
    FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

How do I submit my action?
    Use the form below the game thread. If your role has a night action, the form will only be visible during night phases. It's not possible to submit actions in advance of the night phase.

What does it mean if the Mafia Host says that night kills are assigned?
    In games with this setting turned on, the member of the mafia team that made the most recent night kill submission will be the one assigned to the kill, which means that the kill can be blocked if a Town Roleblocker or Town Jailkeeper target the mafia player in question. Similarly, the kill can be tracked and watched by Town Trackers and Town Watchers. If this setting isn't turned on, then it doesn't matter who the last person to submit the mafia kill is, as the kill is unblockable and untrackable in this case.

Where do I find example role PM's?
    This thread contains example role PM's for all roles currently supported by the Modbot as well as information on the various modifiers. Here you will find the answers to a lot of questions not covered in this FAQ section.

Which roles can self-target?
    Only Watchers are able to use their ability on themselves at night. This means that Doctors or Jailkeepers aren't able to protect themselves, for example.

Which roles are not able to target the same players on consecutive nights?
    Doctors, Jailkeepers, and Roleblockers are not allowed to target the same player twice in a row. Everyone else is, including Bodyguards. Note that this non-consecutive restriction still holds true even if one of these three roles were blocked the night before when targeting the person that they're attempting to target again.

What happens if Jailkeeper A and Jailkeeper B or Roleblocker A and Roleblocker B target each other (and are not targetted by other blockers)?
    In the case of Jailkeepers, they will block and protect each other. In the case of Roleblockers, they also block each other. This means that the two players are trackable to each other that night by Trackers and Watchers. It also means that if one of them is mafia and happens to simultaneously be the one submitting the factional kill that night in a game with assigned kills, then this kill is blocked. This same principle applies to longer loops. I.e. in a A > B > C > D > A loop, everyone is blocked.

What happens if Jailkeeper A targets Roleblocker B who targets Jailkeeper A?
    Jailkeeper A will be blocked in this scenario. Refer to the order of operations: Roleblocks process before jails.

What happens if Jailkeeper A targets Roleblocker B who targets Player C?
    As stated above, roleblocks process before jails, so Roleblocker B will successfully block Player C. I.e. Jailkeeper A will fail to block Roleblocker B, but will still protect Roleblocker B.

What happens if Jailkeeper A targets Jailkeeper B and Jailkeeper B targets Jailkeeper C (who isn't targeting any of the former two)?
    In this case, Jailkeeper A would prevent Jailkeeper B's block from occuring, meaning that Jailkeeper C's action is not blocked.

If an X-Shot role is blocked while using a shot, do they lose that shot forever?
    Yes. A 1-shot Vigilante being blocked while attempting to kill someone will not have their shot refunded.

If someone with a Strongman modifier kills Player A who is protected by Bodyguard B, who dies?
    Player A will die, and Bodyguard B will survive.

Can a mafia team choose not to kill anyone during a night?
    The host can determine this using the Mafia Factional Kill setting. Kills can be mandatory, optional, or disabled altogether.

The default is No. The mafia factional kill is compulsory. This is done in order to avoid deadlocked games where the town keeps no lynching and the mafia refuses to submit a kill. If the game has assigned kills, it will be randomized which member of the team is carrying out the kill.

If there is only one mafia member left in a game without assigned kills, can the mafia factional kill then be blocked and/or tracked?
    No.

Can the mafia submit a kill for one of their own members?
    No.

If I kill someone, does their night action, if they have one, still succeed?
    Yes, killing someone doesn't prevent them from performing their night action (unless they investigated someone, in which case they will not receive a report). Refer to the order of operations: All kills happen at the end of the night, and everyone pulls the trigger simultaneously.

Can individual night actions be proxied on mafia teams?
    No. If the mafia team has a Mafia Roleblocker, for example, and they want to use this role's action, then the player occupying that slot must submit the action themselves.

If a Lover is shot during the night, while the other Lover is protected that night, does the other Lover still die?
    Yes. It's not possible to prevent a Lover from dying of love sickness.

If a Bodyguard protects Lover A, while Lover B is shot during that same night, what happens?
    A dies of love sickness and Bodyguard lives.

If there are any Innocent Childs in the game, are these confirmed in the thread right when the game begins?
    No. Innocent Childs are able to decide themselves when or if they wish to have the Modbot confirm their role and alignment in the thread. Note that this is exclusively a day action and that it can take up to one minute for the Modbot to process the action.

What results are Alignment Cops, Full Cops and Role Cops given if they investigate a Godfather or a Miller?
    Alignment Cops are told "Town" for Godfathers and "Mafia" for Millers. Full Cops are told "Vanilla Town" for Godfathers and "Mafia Goon" for Millers. Role Cops are told "Godfather" for Godfathers and "Miller" for Millers.

Can Role Cops tell the difference between a Vanilla Town and Mafia Goon?
    No. They are told "Vanilla" when investigating either of these two roles.

If I roleblock someone with a Bulletproof Vest, will that nullify the effect of the vest?
    No. Bulletproof Vests are passive modifiers that cannot be blocked from working.

If I roleblock Masons, Neighbors or Lovers with out of thread communication privileges, can I prevent them from talking at night?
    No.

If I roleblock a Godfather, will they still be revealed as being town-aligned to Alignment Cops and Full Cops that night?
    Yes.

USING THE SOFTWARE

Are you wondering about how to vote, submit night actions or multi-isolate players? Read about this and more here:

VOTING BBCODES

Our forum votes for someone by using the vote tags: [V]Thingyman[/V]. Preview:

##Vote Thingyman

Make sure that you spell out the full, correct name. Abbreviations or misspelled names will not be registered by the Modbot.

To unvote, use the tags: [UNV][/UNV] . When unvoting you do not need to enter the name of the person that you are unvoting. Preview:

##Unvote

VOTING BUTTONS

You can also quickly vote for someone by clicking on the box with a checkmark icon, which will bring up an alphabetized dropdown containing the names of living players:

This will insert [V][/V] tags with the name of the player you selected in the dropdown, perfect every time.

Click the empty checkbox button to insert [UNV][/UNV].

SUBMITTING NIGHT ACTIONS

If you have a night action, simply submit this at night by scrolling to the bottom of the game thread. Here you will find a night action form like this:

Click the dropdown and select the player whom you wish to use your night action on. You can change it as many times as you wish before the deadline expires.

CALLING UP A VOTECOUNT

Votecounts will appear automatically at various intervals, but you can also call up votecounts yourself by following these steps:

First, you need to apply to join "Mafia Game Hosts" under Permission Groups.

Second, once your request has been approved, you will be able to call up votecounts by simply pushing the "Post Votecount" button in the top right corner of any game thread that you'd like an updated votecount for.

VIEWING VOTE HISTORY

There are three ways to access the vote history for any game.

1. Click on the "Vote History" button in the top right corner of the game thread:

2. Click on the "View Vote History" link, which accompanies all votecounts:

3. Click on Modbot in the top forum menu. This will give you a list of ongoing and completed games:

Next, simply click on "Vote History" to view all votes for that game.

Following any of the above three steps will bring you to an overview like this one:

Click on a Voter's username to view all of the votes by their slot.

Click on a Target's username to view all of the votes for their slot.

ISOLATING A PLAYER'S POSTS

If you wish to read a player's posts in isolation, simply click on "ISO" in the top right corner of one of that player's posts in the relevant thread as illustrated here:

Alternatively, you can access a player's posts in isolation by clicking on the number next to "Replies:" in the forum lobby.

Doing so will pull up a window listing the post counts for everyone who has posted in that thread. You access someone's posts in isolation by simply clicking on the number next to "Posts:" for that person.

The ISO view itself has Quote and Multi-Quote buttons inside it, which will make it very easy to quickly quote a lot of a player's posts for analysis or commentary:

MULTI-ISOLATING

If you wish to read not just one player's posts, but you want to ISO multiple players, then click the "Multi ISO" button to the left of "Game Tools" and select the players in question as shown here:

MULTI-QUOTING WHILE THREAD IS LOCKED

Note that you can multi-quote posts from even locked game threads. This is useful for when you wish to reread the game and do work during night phases.

After quoting the relevant posts, you simply open a different, opened thread and press "Go Advanced". Then add the quotes to your post by clicking the prompt below the post area as shown here:

Now, of course you can't post your work in the game thread while the thread is locked, but you can copy paste and save your work to a local file or the cloud and have it ready to post the very next day phase (if you're still alive, that is).

BOOKMARKS

Whenever you open a game thread, you are able to bookmark posts. This is for many players an important tool for keeping track of and remembering vital pieces of information, reads, claims etc.

Also, note that these bookmarks are saved to your user account, meaning that it eliminates the trouble associated with keeping notes between different computers/devices.

If you want to bookmark a post, you simply scroll to the post that you want to bookmark and press "Set Bookmark" as shown here:

This will call up 5 different colored icons (Blue, Red, Yellow, Green, and Black) on the right side of the post in question. You can click any of these icons, which will then prompt you to include a note for the post.

If you don't want to include a note, you don't have to - just leave it blank. The color coding in itself can be a valuable tool. Maybe you want to use Red bookmarks for posts that you find suspicious, Green bookmarks for posts that you find townie, Black bookmarks for posts containing claims, or whatever system you can think of that will be helpful to you.

Once this is done, you have now successfully bookmarked a post with a certain color and maybe even a note. If you wish to remove the bookmark again, click on "Unset Bookmark".

How do I access bookmarks?

There are two ways to access your bookmarks.
    1. Inside a game thread, you can access the bookmarks for that specific game by simply right clicking on the "Bookmark" button and opening the link.

This will bring you to a separate page that is automatically filtered to only show bookmarks from the game thread that you accessed the page from.
    2. You can also access your bookmarks by going to Features in the site's top menu:

This will bring you to a page where no bookmarks are shown by default. However, you have several filtering options.

You can filter by Game, by Player and by Color - and all of them at once if you so wish.

Here's an example of filtering by only red bookmarks in one specific game:

If you want to be taken directly to one of your bookmarked posts, you just click the post number.

How do I quote bookmarks?

You can also multi-quote bookmarked posts by clicking the little "+" button seen above on the far right side of each bookmark.

Once you have multi-quoted all the bookmarked posts that you want to quote, you will then have to go to the game thread in which you wish to quote the bookmarked posts.

Here you have two ways of quoting the posts.

1. Click on "Reply With Quote" on another post as shown here:

You will then probably want to delete the last post quoted in the reply box, but otherwise you should be good to go.
    2. Or you can do the more smooth option and click the "Reply To Thread" button at the top and bottom of the game thread - as shown here:

By doing this you will open up a reply box containing only your multi-quoted bookmarked posts.

6. ISO #6
    Timezone
    Community
    Totalwar.org (The Org)
    AKA
    GH, Fuchs
    THE RULES OF THE 2019 GREAT OVERLANDER
    as codified in the General Session of the 2017 International Pogo Conference in Sao Paulo

1) All racers must follow the designated route. They are allowed to go off-route if it is deemed to take them out of their way, but no shortcuts are permitted.

2) All forward progress must be made solely through the racer's own power on a pogo stick, with the sole exception of the crossing of the Strait of Gibraltar. Loopholes such as riding the pogo stick while on a train, etc, are expressly forbidden.

3) There are NO mandatory rest periods. Keeping with the tradition of the Great Overlander, racers must balance the need for food, sleep, etc. with the possibility that their competitors will instead keep racing.

4) Intentional interference with other racers is strictly forbidden. Due to past abuse of this rule and its exact wording, a vote was taken by the Executive Committee to remove the word "intentional" from Rule 4. The motion failed in a contentious 11-10 decision.

5) If a racer gets lost, or runs into equipment failure, or experiences other travel problems, no help will be given. Each racer will be equipped with a communication device to Race HQ; should they activate it and request assistance, assistance will be provided but that racer will automatically forfeit.

6) All pogo sticks must follow standard approved guidelines. This rule, first implemented in 1990 in the aftermath of The Rocket Fuel Incident, remains in place.

7) The first racer to cross the finish line receives $1 billion USD. This is contingent on the racer not breaking any rules. Representatives from Credit Suisse will be on hand at the finish line to facilitate the transfer.

8) Past winners of the Great Overlander are ineligible to compete. They have better things to do with their prize money anyway.

9) ANYONE AFFILIATED WITH THE DANGEROUS "RED VALKYRIES" POGO GROUP IS BANNED.

THE RACERS

Lasse Abramczik (Germany)
    Nicknamed the Mad Münchener, Abramczik has no use for general race strategy and has two speeds: fast, and faster. This M.O. is fantastic on the short track but this race is... not that. In his last Great Overlander five years ago, Abramczik famously pushed himself so hard that he went four days without stopping to eat or sleep at all, getting himself completely turned around and pogoing straight into the Guadiana River. When asked about adjustments he'll make to prevent that from happening again, Abramczik proclaimed that he would just have to go faster so that he finished the race before he ran into those sorts of issues.

Adílson (Brazil)
    Adílson is a long race specialist who was born in the Brazilian highlands deep in the interior of the country. Far away from the coast and the culture that has come to define the country, Adílson has rigorously trained in the unforgiving Jalapão area of Tocantins. He hopes that this preparation will serve him well in the notoriously difficult Great Overlander.

Janine Bodie (Bahamas)
    The most decorated pogo racer from the Caribbean in history, Bodie has been enjoying a well-deserved retirement for the past two years, with her career winnings allowing her access to a lavish lifestyle in Monaco. However, after Hurricane Dorian devastated her hometown of Freeport a month before the race, she announced she was coming out of retirement for a one-off race, vowing to donate all proceeds towards the recovery effort. Her cause is just and she was a great racer in her heyday, but the question on everybody's lips is just how out practice she is.

Isabela Castaño (Spain)
    A talented racer, while not quite in the top echelon. Will certainly get a boost as the first segment of the race takes place in her home country - more specifically, her home city of Cartagena, where her brother plays for the local soccer team. The tradition of locals having an impact on the Great Overlander may just continue this year as the people of Spain will surely be behind their favorite daughter.

Larissa Davies (New Zealand)
    Five years ago, in the 2014 Great Overlander, Davies's husband Mick was running the race of his life, pulling a surprising first place when the racers entered into the Sahara stretch. He disappeared into the vast desert and was never heard from again. Larissa has refused to give interviews about the incident or answer questions related to Mick in the pre-race press circuit, but it's common knowledge that she has been obsessively preparing for this moment for the past five years.

Eduardo Gonzalez (Mexico)
    One of the most decorated pogo racers in the history of the sport and a 6-time World Pogo Champion, Gonzalez is trying to win the one prize that has eluded him for the fourth time. Since the Great Overlander is only run once every five years, everyone only has a limited number of chances to win. With two separate 2nd place finishes and a 3rd under his belt, the aging Gonzalez is all too aware that this is probably his last shot at glory.

Morten Harders (Denmark)
    Earlier this year, Harders set the all time record for disqualifications due to his pogo stick not meeting standard approved guidelines. Always one to push the envelope to the absolute limit in the name of competitive advantage, Harders has promised to unveil a "wonder stick" that hasn't been anything close to what people have seen before and at the same time swears up down is within the acceptable guidelines. May or may not be related to anyone affiliated with Mafia Universe.

Lucien Lapointe (Canada)
    One of the most controversial racers in the field. The Great Overlander has a longstanding policy of allowing one racer per country, and Lapointe originally lost out on qualifying by a hair to his fierce rival Jonathan Burrie. However, just a week ago, Burrie was sensationally found dead in his home under mysterious circumstances, reopening the spot up for Lapointe. With a cloud of suspicion surrounding him and rumor that an arrest warrant is imminent, Lapointe seems remarkably unperturbed by the entire series of events and is looking forward to racing.

Cheris Musungu (Kenya)
    Musungu is a famous marathoner who took up pogo for the first time a mere two years ago out of a desire to make more money. While she has yet to win a race, her improvement since she started pogoing is very noticeable. Furthermore, while her technical skills and stick maintenance aren't exactly top notch, her conditioning from years of marathon racing is second to none.

Narender Puntambekar (India)
    In his heyday, Puntambekar was one of the best pogo racers on the circuit, ready to challenge for first place on a wide variety of courses. However, prevailing wisdom is that his best years are behind him, aided by the Indian government banning all pogo training on the slopes of the high-altitude Himalayas after a compatriot of his caused a small avalanche three years ago. Deprived of this unique training advantage, Puntambekar has since relocated to the Peruvian Andes in an attempt to recreate the conditions that brought him so much success, but he has on many occasions remarked that it's not quite the same.

Vasily Radionov (Russia)
    A curiosity to most of his people as he hails from far-off Pacific-based Vladivostok as opposed to the more concentrated population centers west of the Urals, Radionov broke onto the pogo racing scene with a shocking upset over far more well-established names to qualify for the Great Northerner. He's currently an object of fascination in both the national and international media and is more or less a complete unknown. The rumors of doping persist, of course, and Radionov has taken it in style, remarking that perhaps it would be better for his career in the long run if he only finished in the middle of the pack.

Rene Regnault (France)
    The odds-on favorite to take the prize this year. A pogo superstar at the top of his game, Regnault is handsome and daring, bringing in tens of millions of Euros in endorsements annually and pulling off maneuvers that nobody's ever seen before. However, Regnault is a short track specialist, and while he's certainly won longer races before, the unique challenges of the Great Overlander may not play to his strengths.

Pablo Rey (Argentina)
    A very technical pogo racer. Pablo Rey's form on the stick is considered to be the best out there and he has a borderline obsession with keeping his pogo stick in the best condition possible. Has no time for flashy racers like Regnault and insiders speculate that the sometimes-harsh conditions of the Great Overlander will be enough to drive him mad. Then again, his attention to detail might serve him well if and when things start to break down around him.

Ri Yong-Ju (North Korea)
    North Korea has no pogo racing infrastructure to speak of, and the sport is nearly unheard of within its borders. Yet late one night, seemingly out of nowhere, she managed to successfully pogo her way across the Korean DMZ, the most heavily-fortified military border in the world. By far the most mysterious racer in the field, Ri has refused to renounce her North Korean citizenship and has denied claims that she has defected, only claiming she crossed the border in order to take part in pogo racing. So far she has been bizarrely successful at it.

Michelle Steinlage (USA)
    The Great American Hope. No American has ever won the Great Overlander, but pundits think that Steinlage has the best chance of breaking the streak. Formerly derided for simply being the face for advertising campaigns back home, she showed the world her considerable pogo skills by winning a surprise victory over Regnault in the Arabian Derby, and has been at or near the top of the pack ever since.

Saad Al Thani (Qatar)
    A distant relative of the ruling Emir, Al Thani has used his royal connections and his country's policy of exercising soft power through sporting prestige to secure a top-level pogo racing license. While the resources poured into attempting to put Saad in the upper echelon of racers have so far not panned out, QSI have been specifically targeting this race for years and have constructed a rigorous training regimen explicitly designed for the unique challenges of the Great Overlander.

Francesco Vallefuoco (Italy)
    Part of the third generation of a very famous pogo family, both Vallefuoco's father and grandfather have won the Great Overlander in the past. These riches have set the family up for life, but now they race for prestige more than anything else. The young Vallefuoco is a talented racer, but there are whispers in some circles that he secured a spot in this year's lineup because of his last name rather than any particular skill.

7. ISO #7
    Timezone
    Community
    Totalwar.org (The Org)
    AKA
    GH, Fuchs

The exact route of the Great Overlander, the longest and most prestigious pogo stick in the world, is always closely guarded and changes from race to race. Nevertheless, there are certain consistencies: It always starts at a major city in central or northern Spain, progresses south through the country until it meets the crossing point at Tarifa, usually follows a somewhat undemanding path through Morocco before entering the Sahara, and always, *always* finishes in the legendary city of gold, Timbuktu.

This race's starting point was at the Arc de Triomf in Barcelona. Splendidly decked out for the occasion, the Neo-Mudéjar archway overlooked the opening avenue that was flanked by eighteen flags repeating: the seventeen flags representing the nationalities of the seventeen racers and the flag of International Pogo Racing Federation, the body overseeing the Great Overlander. Stripes of scarlet and gold and black and deep blue alternated with each other and other colors and shapes as the parade of nations concluded and the crowd gasped in awe at the spectacle.

Four by four the racers were adorned, the metallic sheens of their sticks gleaming in the bright sunlight. Ahead of them all, closest to the starting line, was the top qualifier, Frenchman Rene Regnault, his stick a dazzling gold with a silver RR embossed three quarters of the way down, his uniform matching this color pattern. Everyone behind him was adorned in their own particular style, but none could match Regnault's splendor.

The persistent rumor swirling among the crowd of onlookers was that of the Red Valkyries pogo group having secretly converted a number of racers beforehand and having them work in unison to achieve their goal, but this nasty bit of hearsay was quickly put to rest as the military flyover bathed the crowd and racers in aftervapors of red, yellow, and red: the national colors of Spain.

After the flyover commenced the fireworks, and after the fireworks commenced the starting lights: once all three lit up and the gun was fired, they would be off. For the first time all pre-race celebration, the crowd quieted down: such was the tradition of beginning the greatest race known to man. At precisely the strike of noon, the three lights blazed and somewhere, some public official fired the gun. The gunshot returned the sound. The crowd roared. The 2019 Great Overlander had begun.

With millions packing the avenues of Barcelona and billions watching around the world, seventeen men and women bounced down a street on pogo sticks as fast as they could.

8. ISO #8
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    « Day 1 Start »
    The Billion-Dollar Pogo Stick Race Day 1 Start

Day 1 has begun.

Day 1 ends at 8:00 PM EDT on Wednesday, October 2nd, 2019. There are 1570060860000 remaining.

9. ISO #9
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    The Cave of Dragonflies
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Hey everyone!

10. ISO #10
    Timezone
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

11. ISO #11
    Timezone
    Community
    NovoCiv
  12. ISO #12
    Timezone
    Community
    MMO-Champion

Hi.

13. ISO #13
    Timezone
    Community
    MMO-Champion
    I would have definitely been first if not for the three above me.

14. ISO #14
    Timezone
    UTC+10:00
    Community
    The Syndicate
    AKA
    Mac

15. ISO #15
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    Sufficient Velocity
    AKA
    Eva, Evangeline, Eva of Echoes, Lord or Lady Ingram, Lagren, Wergeldt
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

So, It's Finale Time! waves her pom-poms

Frankly, I know I'm not the best player here. And I know that in WC1 and in qualifiers, I stressed myself to hell and back even without being simultaneously in my final year of university!

I also know that this thread is gonna be hella loud. LLD, Mac and myself in the same game is enough to make that true, whatever happens.

So this time around, I'm going to be chillaxing a bit. As far as I'm concerned, just being here playing is the prize. I'm officially one of the seventeen Best Mafia Players In The World already. Like, I did not aspire this high.

That said I'm still playing to win. But, like, less cut-throatedly. I am not gonna try and wallpost every SoD, for one thing.

(She says, in the middle of a wallpost. Eh, very well I contradict myself william s burroughs or whoever. Who was that? Walt Whitman, okay.)

Anyway.

I come before you to revive that most ancient and noble of MSPAFA Traditions:

WOULD YOU PLEASE TAKE THE FOLLOWING SURVEY?

1: On a scale from one to ten exclamation points, how HYPE!!! are you to be playing in the finale?

2: Who else in this game do you know?

3: What animal are you most like, and why?

4: Where does your username come from?

5: Are you scum?

6: How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

7: Produce your best case for why we should lynch the moderator.

9: Pineapple on pizza: Yes or no?

10: Is an omelette a sandwich?

11: Are you town?

12: Why were you last mislynched?

13: How is a raven like a writing desk?

14: Did you notice question #8 was missing?

16: Were you checking?

17: Are you secretly a member of the Cult of X?

18: Are you openly a member of the Cult of X?

19: What's your opinion on giant wallposts?

20: What player in this game are you most afraid of?

22: Seriously, are you scum?

23: Are you procrastinating on something right now?

24: Did you cheat by looking at other people's aanswers?

25: Did you just skip to the bottom?

26: Thrice I ask and done: Are you scum?

16. ISO #16
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    AKA
    Mac
    Hey everyone!
    *hugs*

17. ISO #17
    Timezone
    Community
    NovoCiv

Excited to finally get the game started.

18. ISO #18
    Timezone
    Community
    MMO-Champion
    Is this you offering to spill the beans? Considering the advantage scum have in this setup, you could be nice and reveal one of your partners.

19. ISO #19
    Community
    FlashFlashRevolution
    AKA
    Greg
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    My name is Sunfan, you may also call me Greg.
    The first half of this week sucks for me and I should've put it in red. I will be studying for most of the remainder of tonight and not reading too much.

After Wednesday, I am on my Fall Break, and I will be posting 250 times every 24 hours starting Wed evening or so.

I have played this game with DBP, Beck, SS and Macdougall to some extent, apologies if I have forgotten anyone. DBP is the only one I trust myself to read well this game, and he is certainly capable of fooling me.

If I am not here for 2 hours before EOD, something has happened to me because I cannot imagine what would prevent me from playing this stupid game with all of you.

20. ISO #20
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Spacebattles
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

21. ISO #21
    Timezone
    Community
    NovoCiv
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck (#11)
    Is this you offering to spill the beans? Considering the advantage scum have in this setup, you could be nice and reveal one of your partners.
    it's me dropping the ball

22. ISO #22
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    Sufficient Velocity
    AKA
    Eva, Evangeline, Eva of Echoes, Lord or Lady Ingram, Lagren, Wergeldt
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    (annnd now I'm driving home from uni, stayed late just to post this.

Have Fun! (tm) )

23. ISO #23
    Timezone
    Community
    Spacebattles
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Evenstar (#22)
    (annnd now I'm driving home from uni, stayed late just to post this.

Have Fun! (tm) )
    SAME TO YOU ES!

24. ISO #24
    Timezone
    Community
    NovoCiv
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sun Fan (#19)
    Hello
    The first half of this week sucks for me and I should've put it in red. I will be studying for most of the remainder of tonight and not reading too much.

After Wednesday, I am on my Fall Break, and I will be posting 250 times every 24 hours starting Wed evening or so.

I have played this game with DBP, Beck, SS and Macdougall to some extent, apologies if I have forgotten anyone. DBP is the only one I trust myself to read well this game, and he is certainly capable of fooling me.

If I am not here for 2 hours before EOD, something has happened to me because I cannot imagine what would prevent me from playing this stupid game with all of you.
    lol what's up Greg

i made it in after all

25. ISO #25
    Community
    Personality Cafe
    I randed village I don't care what else happens I already won the curse is over.

26. ISO #26
    Timezone
    Community
    MMO-Champion

I think we need to consider doing a "partial" mass claim today. The idea is that we claim in a way that is as helpful to town as possible while limiting how helpful it is to scum.

MASS CLAIM RULES

If you're one of the following roles...

1. Only claim "Protector":
      • Doctors
      • Jailkeepers
      • Jack of All Trades (Doctor, Jailkeeper, Voyeur)

2. Only claim "Odd" or "Even" (depending on which night your last action can be used):
      • Watchers
      • Trackers
      • Alignment Cops
      • Role Cop (claims "Odd")
      • Jack of All Trades (Rolecop, Tracker, Roleblocker) (claims "Odd")
      • Voyeur (claims "Even")

• Note: With this setup, there will be up to 5 "Odd" and 4 "Even" claims.

3. Only claim “Disruptor”:
      • Vigilantes
      • Roleblockers

To be clear:

Every player will only claim "Protector" or "Odd" or "Even" or “Disruptor”. Players will not say the exact days they're active, and they will not say what their actual role is.

PARTIAL CLAIMS CHART

Role Acts On These Nights Claim
    Watcher n1 Only Odd
    Watcher n2 Only Even
    Alignment Cop n2 Only Even
    Alignment Cop n3 Only Odd
    Vigilante n2 Only Disruptor
    Vigilante n3 Only Disruptor
    Doctor n1, n3 Protector
    Doctor n2, n4 Protector
    Tracker n1, n3 Odd
    Tracker n2, n4 Even
    Jailkeeper n1, n3 Protector
    Jailkeeper n2, n4 Protector
    Roleblocker n1, n3 Disruptor
    Roleblocker n2, n4 Disruptor
    Role Cop n1, n2, n3 Odd
    Jack of All Trades
    n1, n2, n3 Odd
    Jack of All Trades
    n1, n2, n3 Protector
    Voyeur n1, n2, n3, n4 Even

WHEN TO FULLY CLAIM

Individuals should use their best judgments, but in general:

• Watchers/Trackers - if you get unusual results (likely results of scum activity), claim when you feel it's most useful. Otherwise, wait until D4 or D5.
    • Alignment Cops - use your best judgments on whether to claim your results the next day.
    • Everyone else - claim D4 (except those who claimed "even" at the start) unless circumstances necessitate claiming earlier. The "even" players claim D5 (unless they believe they have information that needs to be shared earlier).

Note: For Cops/Watchers/Trackers the earlier you claim, the easier a time scum will have determining the roles of the other Odd/Even players. That's why holding off unless you have something important to reveal may be best.

ADDITIONAL THOUGHTS

Why do this?

Every option for how to mass claim has its benefits and drawbacks.

• In the case of a full mass claim on D1: It's widely believed to be a bad option. It fully exposes town's most important roles (giving scum better options for information control with roleblocks/kills) with the only real benefits being that it locks scum into inflexible claims; allows town to coordinate night actions; and it prevents the loss of information about player roles as players die.
    • In the case of a full mass claim on a later day: There are a number of problems that are difficult to resolve, such as the loss of information about the roles of dead players; the fact that scum have a lot of leeway for fake claims; or the fact that the multiple nights of uncoordinated actions will lead to a lot of useless information once it's finally revealed. The only real benefit to a delayed claim is that important roles have an easier time staying hidden, making it easier to reveal the useful information they've gathered when the time comes.

In the case of a partial mass claim:

• This suggestion is meant to act as a beneficial middle ground between those other options. To town's benefit: 1) it locks scum into claims early on, 2) it makes it easier to determine players' roles after they die, 3) it makes it easier to coordinate night actions, and 4) it makes it more likely that night actions will produce useful results.
    • But this suggestion is not without its drawbacks: 1) it makes it easier for scum to randomly target important roles, 2) it makes it easier for scum to use a process of elimination to discover the actual roles of living players, 3) it gives scum a little bit of leeway for fake claims (there's not much, but they can still get creative), and 4) it might make town players hesitant to claim their results early (because it may help scum deduce the roles of the unclaimed players).
    • An important counter to the above first 2 negative points is that if scum attempt to target the obvious targets, they open themselves to being stopped or exposed by town's watchers, trackers or protectors.
    • Regarding the last negative point: Investigators shouldn't be afraid to reveal their results if it can help town. If other investigators become more exposed, town-coordinated strategies should help cover these weaknesses.
    • Overall, in my opinion, this suggestion provides town most of the resources it needs to make night actions useful, while hopefully stiffing scum in multiple ways. Though scum can still take advantage of this suggestion (as they can with any option we choose), the risks may be worth it if this allows town to overcome the major drawbacks of the other choices.

Why are these particular categories being used?

1. For all that are partially hidden - These categories force players to commit to claims that are somewhat verifiable and which aren't easily manipulated. While there's still some room to fake claim later, it will be significantly harder to do.
    2. "Protectors" - By combining doctors and jailkeepers into one group, scum should be less likely to kill or roleblock them for their role. So this broad category helps protect them and also helps them indirectly coordinate their actions.
    3. "Odd"/"Even" - These categories have multiple purposes: 1) To give protection/tracking/watching roles good targets. 2) Reduce the risk of jailkeepers accidentally blocking their abilities (jailkeepers shouldn't target an "odd" player on an odd night, for example). 3) Consolidate all roles that might have ninja or strongarm modifiers.
    4. ”Disruptors” - This claim gives these roles room to act while still giving town the ability to trace their actions. By not grouping them with the other categories, it prevents scum from being able to manipulate their claim later, and it also keeps the usefulness of the other categories' claims intact.

Thoughts?

27. ISO #27
    Community
    Personality Cafe
    Also $#@! I super don't belong here lmao.

28. ISO #28
    Timezone
    Community
    The Cave of Dragonflies
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    I keep wanting to read "pogo" in the flavor as Pokemon Go... It's ruined me.

29. ISO #29
    Timezone
    Community
    MMO-Champion
    Figured I'd post that now since I will be gone for the next few hours.

30. ISO #30
    Timezone
    Community
    NovoCiv

i am a villager

ive played with Fable, Keldeo, Swedish, Spiny, Greg, and WS, i think that's it

31. ISO #31
    Community
    FlashFlashRevolution
    AKA
    Greg
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Evenstar (#15)
    Hey, all!

Frankly, I know I'm not the best player here. And I know that in WC1 and in qualifiers, I stressed myself to hell and back even without being simultaneously in my final year of university!

I also know that this thread is gonna be hella loud. LLD, Mac and myself in the same game is enough to make that true, whatever happens.

So this time around, I'm going to be chillaxing a bit. As far as I'm concerned, just being here playing is the prize. I'm officially one of the seventeen Best Mafia Players In The World already. Like, I did not aspire this high.

That said I'm still playing to win. But, like, less cut-throatedly. I am not gonna try and wallpost every SoD, for one thing.

(She says, in the middle of a wallpost. Eh, very well I contradict myself william s burroughs or whoever. Who was that? Walt Whitman, okay.)

Anyway.

1: On a scale from one to ten exclamation points, how HYPE!!! are you to be playing in the finale?

2: Who else in this game do you know?

3: What animal are you most like, and why?

4: Where does your username come from?

5: Are you scum?

6: How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

7: Produce your best case for why we should lynch the moderator.

9: Pineapple on pizza: Yes or no?

10: Is an omelette a sandwich?

11: Are you town?

12: Why were you last mislynched?

13: How is a raven like a writing desk?

14: Did you notice question #8 was missing?

16: Were you checking?

17: Are you secretly a member of the Cult of X?

18: Are you openly a member of the Cult of X?

19: What's your opinion on giant wallposts?

20: What player in this game are you most afraid of?

22: Seriously, are you scum?

23: Are you procrastinating on something right now?

24: Did you cheat by looking at other people's aanswers?

25: Did you just skip to the bottom?

26: Thrice I ask and done: Are you scum?
    got some time before boyfriend is ready for dinner

honestly hype is the wrong word; I am more nervous than anything else but its nothing I cannot control. If I were here a few years ago, it would be a 10.

already said.

stag (hard-headed but not willing to try to fight anyone on anything unless I have to in mafia)

too long; "sun" is the Chinese surname and I liked Romance of the Three Kingdoms

no

he would chuck what a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck would

no

yes (Posterior: I did notice 8 was missing at this point)

no

yes

I was trying to think the other day. In video, it was a few days ago. In forum, idk, DBP might remember. A hydra game on bulbagarden, I think. 6ish months ago?

skip

15 is missing and no I wasn't going out of my way to check

no

no

I will make 280 of them this game probably

Beck but I have calmed myself on this; I don't trust myself to read him well

no

absolutely; I told myself I would do more studying before this started and I didn't do nearly enough. If I get a B on my Irish History test tomorrow, then I rolled very high.

nope

at the beginning, yes

no

32. ISO #32
    Community
    FlashFlashRevolution
    AKA
    Greg
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    I refuse to massclaim without a serious proof on why its the best
    and I still might refuse

33. ISO #33
    Timezone
    Community
    NovoCiv
    stfu

34. ISO #34
    Community
    FlashFlashRevolution
    AKA
    Greg
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Hello

lol what's up Greg

i made it in after all
    I'm proud of you
    and not proud that the judges didn't initially select you
    but I've said as much before

If DBP or I don't win, I hope you do.

35. ISO #35
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    AKA
    Mac
    Quote Originally Posted by Evenstar (#15)
    Hey, all!

Anyway.

1: On a scale from one to ten exclamation points, how HYPE!!! are you to be playing in the finale? 9

2: Who else in this game do you know? Truly nobody, however I have played with several. 112 and WWS are G6 master race. 112 and yourself are obviously my wildcard antagonists.

3: What animal are you most like, and why? A bear, because I am hairy and large.

4: Where does your username come from? There was a rugby league footballer named Adam MacDougall who was a meme before memes were a thing and I always found it funny when commentators would shout his name during games.

5: Are you scum? No.

6: How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? Six.

7: Produce your best case for why we should lynch the moderator. All authority figures are innately evil. Life would be better in the chaos vacuum of no authority.

9: Pineapple on pizza: Yes or no? No as a rule, though I don't intensely hate it. I'd never order it though.

10: Is an omelette a sandwich? No, wtf?

11: Are you town? Yes.

12: Why were you last mislynched? I actually can't remember.

13: How is a raven like a writing desk? $#@!ing wot.

14: Did you notice question #8 was missing? No I didn't.

16: Were you checking? No I didn't. But I did after I read this question.

17: Are you secretly a member of the Cult of X? No I am not cool enough for any clubs.

18: Are you openly a member of the Cult of X? Yes.

19: What's your opinion on giant wallposts? I love them. More of them. If every post was a giant wallpost it would be tantamount to a utopia.

20: What player in this game are you most afraid of? I am afraid of none of you. So let's say, least unafraid, and that would probably be Pawn Lelouch just because of what you say about him.

22: Seriously, are you scum? Still not.

23: Are you procrastinating on something right now? Yes actually I am at work so I should be doing something. Fortunately I am the boss so I get to come up with my day to day things to do.

24: Did you cheat by looking at other people's aanswers? Yes.

25: Did you just skip to the bottom? No.

26: Thrice I ask and done: Are you scum? Nay, wench, I am but town.
    Here you go missus.

36. ISO #36
    Timezone
    Community
    NovoCiv
    PARTIAL MASS CLAIM

I think we need to consider doing a "partial" mass claim today. The idea is that we claim in a way that is as helpful to town as possible while limiting how helpful it is to scum.

MASS CLAIM RULES

• Doctors
      • Jailkeepers

2. Only claim "Odd" or "Even" (depending on which night your last action can be used):
      • Watchers
      • Trackers
      • Alignment Cops
      • Voyeur (claims "Even")

• Vigilantes
      • Roleblockers

To be clear:

Every player will only claim "Protector" or "Odd" or "Even" or “Disruptor”. Players will not say the exact days they're active, and they will not say what their actual role is.

PARTIAL CLAIMS CHART

Watcher n1 Only Odd
    Watcher n2 Only Even
    Doctor n1, n3 Protector
    Doctor n2, n4 Protector
    Tracker n1, n3 Odd
    Tracker n2, n4 Even
    Role Cop n1, n2, n3 Odd
    Jack of All Trades
    n1, n2, n3 Odd
    Jack of All Trades
    n1, n2, n3 Protector

WHEN TO FULLY CLAIM

• Watchers/Trackers - if you get unusual results (likely results of scum activity), claim when you feel it's most useful. Otherwise, wait until D4 or D5.
    • Alignment Cops - use your best judgments on whether to claim your results the next day.
    • Everyone else - claim D4 (except those who claimed "even" at the start) unless circumstances necessitate claiming earlier. The "even" players claim D5 (unless they believe they have information that needs to be shared earlier).

Note: For Cops/Watchers/Trackers the earlier you claim, the easier a time scum will have determining the roles of the other Odd/Even players. That's why holding off unless you have something important to reveal may be best.

ADDITIONAL THOUGHTS

Why do this?

• In the case of a full mass claim on D1: It's widely believed to be a bad option. It fully exposes town's most important roles (giving scum better options for information control with roleblocks/kills) with the only real benefits being that it locks scum into inflexible claims; allows town to coordinate night actions; and it prevents the loss of information about player roles as players die.
    • In the case of a full mass claim on a later day: There are a number of problems that are difficult to resolve, such as the loss of information about the roles of dead players; the fact that scum have a lot of leeway for fake claims; or the fact that the multiple nights of uncoordinated actions will lead to a lot of useless information once it's finally revealed. The only real benefit to a delayed claim is that important roles have an easier time staying hidden, making it easier to reveal the useful information they've gathered when the time comes.

• This suggestion is meant to act as a beneficial middle ground between those other options. To town's benefit: 1) it locks scum into claims early on, 2) it makes it easier to determine players' roles after they die, 3) it makes it easier to coordinate night actions, and 4) it makes it more likely that night actions will produce useful results.
    • But this suggestion is not without its drawbacks: 1) it makes it easier for scum to randomly target important roles, 2) it makes it easier for scum to use a process of elimination to discover the actual roles of living players, 3) it gives scum a little bit of leeway for fake claims (there's not much, but they can still get creative), and 4) it might make town players hesitant to claim their results early (because it may help scum deduce the roles of the unclaimed players).
    • An important counter to the above first 2 negative points is that if scum attempt to target the obvious targets, they open themselves to being stopped or exposed by town's watchers, trackers or protectors.
    • Regarding the last negative point: Investigators shouldn't be afraid to reveal their results if it can help town. If other investigators become more exposed, town-coordinated strategies should help cover these weaknesses.
    • Overall, in my opinion, this suggestion provides town most of the resources it needs to make night actions useful, while hopefully stiffing scum in multiple ways. Though scum can still take advantage of this suggestion (as they can with any option we choose), the risks may be worth it if this allows town to overcome the major drawbacks of the other choices.

1. For all that are partially hidden - These categories force players to commit to claims that are somewhat verifiable and which aren't easily manipulated. While there's still some room to fake claim later, it will be significantly harder to do.
    2. "Protectors" - By combining doctors and jailkeepers into one group, scum should be less likely to kill or roleblock them for their role. So this broad category helps protect them and also helps them indirectly coordinate their actions.
    3. "Odd"/"Even" - These categories have multiple purposes: 1) To give protection/tracking/watching roles good targets. 2) Reduce the risk of jailkeepers accidentally blocking their abilities (jailkeepers shouldn't target an "odd" player on an odd night, for example). 3) Consolidate all roles that might have ninja or strongarm modifiers.
    4. ”Disruptors” - This claim gives these roles room to act while still giving town the ability to trace their actions. By not grouping them with the other categories, it prevents scum from being able to manipulate their claim later, and it also keeps the usefulness of the other categories' claims intact.

Thoughts?
    as a wolf in the WC we corralled the village into mass claiming and railed them for it

so im skeptical, but also dont know the best way to go about it

37. ISO #37
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    AKA
    Mac
    Hello

Hello Mr. Fan.

38. ISO #38
    Community
    FlashFlashRevolution
    AKA
    Greg
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    alright I skimmed more about the massclaim
    its not going to immediately lose or anything, but I trust the mafia too much to make optimal decisions with it

we're good enough to decide for ourselves how we feel about claims etc

39. ISO #39
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    AKA
    Mac
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawn Lelouch (#20)
    SUP EVERYONE! HOW Y'ALL DOING?
    I am doing swimmingly Mr. Lelouch.

40. ISO #40
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    AKA
    Mac
    I randed village I don't care what else happens I already won the curse is over.
    100% believe you rn.

41. ISO #41
    Timezone
    Community
    Spacebattles
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    PARTIAL MASS CLAIM

MASS CLAIM RULES

• Doctors
      • Jailkeepers

• Watchers
      • Trackers
      • Alignment Cops
      • Voyeur (claims "Even")

• Vigilantes
      • Roleblockers

To be clear:

PARTIAL CLAIMS CHART

Watcher n1 Only Odd
    Watcher n2 Only Even
    Doctor n1, n3 Protector
    Doctor n2, n4 Protector
    Tracker n1, n3 Odd
    Tracker n2, n4 Even
    Role Cop n1, n2, n3 Odd
    Jack of All Trades
    n1, n2, n3 Odd
    Jack of All Trades
    n1, n2, n3 Protector

WHEN TO FULLY CLAIM

ADDITIONAL THOUGHTS

Why do this?

Thoughts?
    A PARTIAL MASS CLAIM STILL FEELS FAIRLY EXPLOITABLE IN TERMS OF NARROWING DOWN WHERE THE ROLES ARE WITH A LITTLE BIT OF DEDUCTIVE THINKING. I'D PREFER GOING FOR A FULL CLAIM D1 OR D4, WITH ME CONSIDERING D4 LIKELY BETTER FOR TOWN AND FAR MORE LIKELY TO GET PEOPLE TO AGREE AND COOPERATE WITH.

D1 HAS THE BENEFIT OF LETTING US COORDINATE ROLES D1 FOR THE BEST COLLABORATIVE EXPERIENCE WHILE D4 LETS US USE THE LAST DAY OF OUR POWERS COLLABORATIVELY WHILE LETTING THE COPS AND VIGS WORK WITHOUT EXTRA CONCERN OF BEING SNIPED EARLY.

ALSO I PROPOSE THAT WE LEASH THE VIGS EARLY TO SHOOT WITHIN A DESIGNATED POOL OF PLAYERS EACH DAY. I DON'T WANT THERE TO BE BAD HERO SHOTS OR FOR A SCUM VIG TO BE ABLE TO TAKE EXTREME ADVANTAGE OF THEIR POSITION.

42. ISO #42
    Community
    Personality Cafe
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck (#33)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fable (#27)
    stfu
    No u

43. ISO #43
    Merpeople or gtfo.

Lexi is town on her bio, never reconsider.

To quote the inimitable Chesskid: “my penis is bigger than yours.”

Evenstar is scum, never reconsider.

If you guys bloat this thread I’ll skim the $#@! out of it and still nail scum, and won’t you feel bad then.

You’re welcome.

44. ISO #44
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    AKA
    Mac
    PARTIAL MASS CLAIM

MASS CLAIM RULES

• Doctors
      • Jailkeepers

• Watchers
      • Trackers
      • Alignment Cops
      • Voyeur (claims "Even")

• Vigilantes
      • Roleblockers

To be clear:

PARTIAL CLAIMS CHART

Watcher n1 Only Odd
    Watcher n2 Only Even
    Doctor n1, n3 Protector
    Doctor n2, n4 Protector
    Tracker n1, n3 Odd
    Tracker n2, n4 Even
    Role Cop n1, n2, n3 Odd
    Jack of All Trades
    n1, n2, n3 Odd
    Jack of All Trades
    n1, n2, n3 Protector

WHEN TO FULLY CLAIM

ADDITIONAL THOUGHTS

Why do this?

Thoughts?
    My immediate instinct is to point out how bad of an idea it is but after having read your points for it and having played in this build three times now (one wolf, two town, wolves won all three times), I think I concur with you. It MIGHT favour the wolves but the town probably needs to be making atypical moves from jump street here.

45. ISO #45
    Community
    Canucks Community (CDC)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fable (#25)
    ditto

wolfing in these games is $#@!ing hard

46. ISO #46
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    AKA
    Mac
    I am not super familiar with you or the players here but in the few times I've played with or observed you playing I have been left with the impression that you are a brilliant player and as such I am unsurprised to see you here.

47. ISO #47
    Community
    Canucks Community (CDC)
    no pump-up video this time; the adrenaline is already sufficient

@Evenstar
    @Macdougall
    @WaywardSon

fancy seeing you here

glgl

48. ISO #48
    Dendrek is town but his idea is horrible and we should all collectively agree that it never happened.

49. ISO #49
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    AKA
    Mac
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sun Fan (#38)
    alright I skimmed more about the massclaim
    its not going to immediately lose or anything, but I trust the mafia too much to make optimal decisions with it

we're good enough to decide for ourselves how we feel about claims etc
    Uwot?

50. ISO #50
    Timezone
    Community
    NovoCiv
    i felt bad in pregame having to pick one of you to lunch on D1, but some of these OPs leave me uninspired

i also promised myself i wouldn't care that much this early but here we are lol