UTC-06:00
    Community
    EpicMafia/DailyMafia
    AKA
    Onuzq
    Mortician + Parity Cop 13

Setup, No reveals
    Town:
    Parity Cop (selects a random person n0. Each night after they investigate a player, and discover if their alignment is same or different to their previous night's check)
    Mortician (selects a dead player each night phase. He will discover that player's role and alignment)
    8 Vanilla town

Mafia:
    Mortician (read above)
    2 Vanilla Mafia

Just a simple idea to give most spark to solving with the parity cop here on MU. The way we use on Daily Mafia/All-stars is paying attention to how there is only 1 death instead of 2 during the night phase to figure out if we lynched a mafia with the cop's check. Here you gotta figure out if the opposite side of the check was just village, or policy lynch both (which is a yikes in my book). On the other hand, mortician is a cool role, and needs to be played more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empoof (#4961)
    it was jaleb

@Jaleb is a god
    ??Frog ??Last Thursday at 8:11 AM
    ok dudes
    you can discuss the event here if you want

Jaleb (RB/1% ITA)Last Thursday at 8:05 AM
    Done, will take my prize now
    I do have a 1900 rating in solving tactics :smiley:

AndrewGreve(night vig/39%ITA)Last Thursday at 8:10 AM
    hey
    i dont know chess tactics
    should I try?

Jaleb (RB/1% ITA)Last Thursday at 8:10 AM
    1. Bf6 2. Qh7 3. Rf7 4. Nh6 5. Re5 6. ... Qh3 7. Qd8 8. h7 9. ... Ne5+; fxe5 h5 10. ... Bg1; Kg3 Qf2; Kh3 Qh2 i you want the answer, not that it matters
    if*

Jaleb, you're lowkey Magnus

2. ISO #2
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    MiniMafia
    I do like Parity Cop. What the setup really needs is 1 more player, and a n0 kill. Mortician cover is probably going to be a thing starting on day 2. Town may need a smidgen of more power, but another PR might push things too far the other way. I like it though.

3. ISO #3
    Timezone
    Community
    Bulbagarden
    AKA
    Your top scumread
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

4. ISO #4
    Timezone
    Community
    EpicMafia/DailyMafia
    AKA
    Onuzq
    Quote Originally Posted by Contrainer (#3)
    Can parity cop check dead players
    No, they only can check alive. I think some people would just investigate some random mafia kp otherwise.

That would be the mortician's role here:
    Town's mortician could check a mafia kp for a cop claim or just if a check is a mafia being lynched or town.
    Meanwhile, mafia's mortician hunts for if they kill prs in the night phase and look for open spots to fake claim.
    it was jaleb

@Jaleb is a god
    ok dudes

hey
    should I try?

1. Bf6 2. Qh7 3. Rf7 4. Nh6 5. Re5 6. ... Qh3 7. Qd8 8. h7 9. ... Ne5+; fxe5 h5 10. ... Bg1; Kg3 Qf2; Kh3 Qh2 i you want the answer, not that it matters
    if*

5. ISO #5
    Timezone
    Community
    EpicMafia/DailyMafia
    AKA
    Onuzq
    Quote Originally Posted by bearsquared (#2)
    I do like Parity Cop. What the setup really needs is 1 more player, and a n0 kill. Mortician cover is probably going to be a thing starting on day 2. Town may need a smidgen of more power, but another PR might push things too far the other way. I like it though.

I personally would rather not have a random town power role removed from the game night 0.
    it was jaleb

@Jaleb is a god
    ok dudes

hey
    should I try?

if*

6. ISO #6
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Kongregate
    I dont see how mortician cover would work, given there are no reveals?
    you never know when a role flips
    unless the mortician identifies it
    but if the mortician dies...

@Jaleb, could explain how the "1 or 2 night deaths" me hanic works on your site? I don't understand it.

this is a 10:3 setup, which means it would be balanced as mountainous, but it has no reveals, and thus no associatives?

the parity cop is the most important role, if they can't survive long enough, town has a problem
    which turn would be best for them to claim? the parity cop can split town in two camps by itself, because all of the players in the parity chain know their own alignment
    mafia NK confirms a player green, unless mafia can target themselves?
    the mortician should usually look at the lynched player, right?

would this work where the village PRs are actually revealed on death? and their night results?
    can we have host publicly post investigation results to the thread each day, but not reveal the roles?
    should the be a villager with "backup" role?
    September Paint & Drabble -- reserve signups welcome!
    Makaze does not enjoy killing the women who date him.

7. ISO #7
    Timezone
    Community
    EpicMafia/DailyMafia
    AKA
    Onuzq
    I dont see how mortician cover would work, given there are no reveals?
    you never know when a role flips
    unless the mortician identifies it
    but if the mortician dies...

@Jaleb, could explain how the "1 or 2 night deaths" me hanic works on your site? I don't understand it.

this is a 10:3 setup, which means it would be balanced as mountainous, but it has no reveals, and thus no associatives?

the parity cop is the most important role, if they can't survive long enough, town has a problem
    which turn would be best for them to claim? the parity cop can split town in two camps by itself, because all of the players in the parity chain know their own alignment
    mafia NK confirms a player green, unless mafia can target themselves?
    the mortician should usually look at the lynched player, right?

would this work where the village PRs are actually revealed on death? and their night results?
    can we have host publicly post investigation results to the thread each day, but not reveal the roles?
    should the be a villager with "backup" role?
    Daily Mafia's normal setups allow mafia to kill 2 people in the night phase if there are 3+ members alive, otherwise they get 1 kill (we don't reveal players alignments/role upon death). So people usually can figure out if a mafia has died by seeing only 1 person dying a night phase.

Normally the cop will give checks d2, or d3 if they are greedy filling town in on people who are same alignment or different alignments (meaning one is mafia).

Night kills would confirm a player green always, but it also hides information if a cop has died. If town's mortician wants to cop hunt in dead players he is allowed to do that rather than lynches.

Mod revealing all this information kinda counteracts the point of this setup imo. Players are to figure out the dead player's alignments else make assumptions and work from there to eliminate the mafia. Or, they could just lynch the scummiest of players ignoring the dead's flips.
    it was jaleb

@Jaleb is a god
    ok dudes

hey
    should I try?

if*

8. ISO #8
    Timezone
    Community
    EpicMafia/DailyMafia
    AKA
    Onuzq

I personally would rather not have a random town power role removed from the game night 0.
    If there was an added power to the game, I would do a 1-shot bodyguard to give the cop another day alive after a claim.
    it was jaleb

@Jaleb is a god
    ok dudes

hey
    should I try?

if*

9. ISO #9
    Timezone
    Community
    MiniMafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaleb (#5)

If there was an added power to the game, I would do a 1-shot bodyguard to give the cop another day alive after a claim.
    The n0 thing was an All-Stars joke. I think n0 kills are a rancid mechanic, and would never seriously recommend them.

BG would work balance wise I think.

Re: mortician cover: @mendel I believe I was thinking players who know who the mortician was when they died which is obviously not correct. There's still some value in it, but it's unlikely to be a standard practice.