GoodGamery
    Some thoughts on how I'm reading the thread

Town

hollowkatt - I'm clearly town
    Spartan057 - I like the cut of their jib
    vanity. - reads me as town and I like it
    Rotte - Interactive and seems friendly, claims to definitely not be a wolf
    Wisdom - self-meta post...
    Chemist1422 - is voting vanity. but doesn't like someone elses vote on vanity.? Can't tell if scummy or just doesn't like the reason for the vote
    Chocolate - misses SoD then throws down a vanity. vote like it ain't no thang. Do not like

Scum

Not yet posted:
    CatgirlMaple
    DaveDob
    dyachei
    Friday
    Marshmallow Marshall
    Phighter
    sheepsaysmeep
    zwerdjib

2. ISO #52
    plinko boards and waterfalls vanity.'s Avatar
    Community
    Mafia.gg
    Quote Originally Posted by vanity. (#41)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#37)
    I'm guessing you go by gut then and don't really have any arguments at all?

##Vote vanity.
    i do in fact have arguments for why every one of those people are town or have done things that make them worthy of being somewhat townread. i wouldn't have given those reads otherwise.

there's also other issues with this post but for now it's simply going to be noted until further notice.

there's also a neat little thing known as a reaction test, though that's not to say that was my purpose in giving those reads. that will also be left to interpretation.

and yes, i know i said the way i play is based on working with others and trying to find them town. but this current game state is terrible for explaining reads and looking at the game state as a whole, at least in my opinion.

just give the game to marinate in the time being, all i'm doing is stirring the pot
    From my experience, the best way to stir the pot is to just post
    Waiting for others to start the game instead often just doesn’t work

And tbh our understanding of gut reads might wary but I still don’t think anyone should really be able to get strong enough reads to idk, manipulate and utilize them right at the very start
    let's conduct a thought experiment.

you come into a forum game that you signed up for, not having looked at it or posted in it once. so naturally, you go in and look at what people said. you may make reads on people's tone, comfortableness, towntells, scumtells, what have you.

then let's say you come across a reads list. what's your initial reaction as a villager? you compare. seems natural and logical, right? what do i disagree with this person on? what don't i understand from this person? and you may also be interested in the reasons.

now, if i gave away all my secrets at this very moment. wolves know how i'm thinking. they know what i'm looking for. they know how to do things that make me townread them or wolfread them. it's extremely easy to pocket someone when you know exactly what will make them townread you. as such, letting out all of my reads is a one way street to get pocketed by wolves that prance into the thread later. it's very easy to come into a thread as a wolf and be like "yeah, i agree with this person's reasoning on this read!" and naturally, getting pocketed by people is something i'm trying to improve as a player.

there's the added benefit of, when this said person is trying to catch up and read the game, that they don't need to sit through a whole bunch of 1 or 2 sentence posts that they may just be disinterested in entirely. sure, they may understand why i think someone is town, but it shouldn't be extremely difficult to read someone's posts and tell if what they're doing is mildly towny or not. for example, you may not understand why i lightly townread spartan. so i encourage you to read his posts again and think about it a bit if you have the time. i also find it concerning that you didn't inquire regarding my read on you or hollow.

it's just kind of weird to me as, since most people haven't given thoughts about the game, and as soon as i give a list of reads, i'm being pestered. ask all the questions you want, i understand you might be curious of how i think as a villager. i want to see how others enter the thread, and where they stand once they read the whole thing, which thankfully is short at the time being. i am posting in the thread right now. i am trying to project town with every word i type.

i'm not concerned by people scumreading me, i can understand people feeling left hanging by my play right now. i have a whole bunch of posts and time to convince others of my alignment. i'm also not super convinced of this post's utility but... at least consider what i'm saying and how i'm seeing the game at the moment.

3. ISO #53
    Vanity is pockety and wants to teach us mafia. Is too friendly.

4. ISO #54
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    GoodGamery
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate (#53)
    I read that very differently than you do. I can see your point, but I'm reading it as a relatively natural response to Rotte than something fanservicy

5. ISO #55
    Community
    Mafia.gg
    i guess i'm turning into beck. i don't hate it.

6. ISO #56
    Quote Originally Posted by vanity. (#55)
    i guess i'm turning into beck. i don't hate it.
    If youll succeed ill tell you

7. ISO #57
    Community
    Mafia.gg
    i don't claim to have all the answers on the objectively correct way to play mafia. in fact, i actively claim that i don't, and am still looking for ways to improve as a player as both alignments. i also believe there's no objective way to look at the game of mafia, so you can completely disagree with how i look at the game and we'll continue with our lives. but i have rolled town this game, and as a fun fact, i have yet to win a non-turbo game as a villager. you can debate whether a decent chunk of these losses can really be attributed to me, but regardless, if you see a statistic like that, it's hard to not come away from it and tell yourself "maybe there's something i can do better".

8. ISO #58
    hey Vanity write an article for mafia university
    all the theory u posted looks nice

game related lazy ISOing Chemist and Spartan they have a good start.
    Wisdom with too many selfmeta explanations is meh

9. ISO #59
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#47)
    That was kind of my point. Sure it's nice to come into the thread, especially with people you've not played with before, and drop some thoughts on how you play, but it's more useful for scum to do than town. If you're town your play will generally show it, if you're scum you need to set up a baseline for how you want people to interact with you.

Self-meta paragraphs are basically fan-service posts for yourself.
    The hypocrisy feels slightly townie as well
    Or at the very least it implies that the self-meta in his first post was written without an intent to use it to manipulate anyone or sth
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan057 (#48)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotte (#46)
    From my experience, the best way to stir the pot is to just post
    Waiting for others to start the game instead often just doesn’t work

And tbh our understanding of gut reads might wary but I still don’t think anyone should really be able to get strong enough reads to idk, manipulate and utilize them right at the very start
    I would say the same if vanity posted at like halfeay through d1 but no
    What’s the verdict?
    I don’t understand that post at all tbh

10. ISO #60
    Community
    XHF, MU
    AKA
    Caffrey
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    I hella forgot I signed up for this game.

Gonna look at it more during lunch.

##Vote Marshmallow Marshall

Get the names I won't be able to type quickly at EOD out first.

##Vote zwerdjib

11. ISO #61
    Timezone
    @vanity.
    Jeez, we’re talking about page 1 reads.
    If you tell me that reads like that mean anything at all any time AFTER SoD, I’ll probably just start banging my head against the wall. No.
    It’s not like you’d be “giving away your most precious secrets” and it’s my first time hearing about anyone seriously trying to pocket anyone by agreeing with their gut reads at the beginning of the game. It might be a thing on other forums that I’m just not aware of, but as for now it just feels like you’re exaggerating how important your refusal was.

You didn’t need to answer my post. I appreciate the wall but if you wanted it to accomplish/convey anything, it didn’t really get the job done.

I reread spartan’s posts before asking you about the read. I don’t see how would any of them be town-indicative and I really doubt that your reasons for town-leaning katt can be any better / more AI than mine atm.
    and besides boosting my ego I don’t see the point of asking for the reasons for someone’s town-lean on me at this point of the game.

12. ISO #62
    Also I like Rotte s posts for now

13. ISO #63
    Timezone
    lmao, unrelated, now that I think of it, in literally all of my games here I was seriously SR for my posts at the beginning of the day so it's kinda fun seeing people not do it now for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#60)

##Vote zwerdjib
    hi, I think I've heard of you as well
    did you write an article in here or sth?

14. ISO #64
    Community
    XHF, MU
    AKA
    Caffrey
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    lmao, unrelated, now that I think of it, in literally all of my games here I was seriously SR for my posts at the beginning of the day so it's kinda fun seeing people not do it now for a change.

##Vote zwerdjib
    Nah, I'm just the $#@!in' man.

Anywho I'm ignoring all of these onion-chopping "lookie me I'm an innocent villa let me explain my meta" openings. We're gonna be able to see real fast whose spiel doesn't hold up.

Probably the easiest person to have a read on is vanity, but I'm 100% down with letting him live the first day. I think his posts are tonally trash, but they have good intentions behind them, I think --- plus I'm assuming a mafia worth their salt knows he's the SPK like every time, in which case it's pointless to burn daylight on that.

My biggest scumread right now is hollowkitty --- granted, for her introduction where she seemed to give like, at least three different excuses for why she's going to kill villagers this game. That sounded bad.

But I'm not crazy enough about anything to move off my RVS at the moment

15. ISO #65
    Community
    Mafia.gg
    @vanity.
    Jeez, we’re talking about page 1 reads.
    If you tell me that reads like that mean anything at all any time AFTER SoD, I’ll probably just start banging my head against the wall. No.
    It’s not like you’d be “giving away your most precious secrets” and it’s my first time hearing about anyone seriously trying to pocket anyone by agreeing with their gut reads at the beginning of the game. It might be a thing on other forums that I’m just not aware of, but as for now it just feels like you’re exaggerating how important your refusal was.

You didn’t need to answer my post. I appreciate the wall but if you wanted it to accomplish/convey anything, it didn’t really get the job done.

I reread spartan’s posts before asking you about the read. I don’t see how would any of them be town-indicative and I really doubt that your reasons for town-leaning katt can be any better / more AI than mine atm.
    and besides boosting my ego I don’t see the point of asking for the reasons for someone’s town-lean on me at this point of the game.
    your thoughts on spartan are fine, that's not a read i'm going to sell my car for, but i'm taking what i can get at the moment. for what it's worth, my reasoning for townreading spartan upon review are... weaker than i'd like. but like you said, it's sod1.

and like i said my reads aren't really gut for the most part? but if you consider all reads early on to be gut then that's just misunderstanding

16. ISO #66
    Community
    Mafia.gg
    for what its worth phighter hollow worried me with their introduction as well but it just seemed like just awkwardness rather than particularly scummy awkwardness, as well as trying to somewhat mimic my omgus vote on chemist. i don't think there's any issue with getting that out there. also suppose i'm flattered that you consider me a spk

if you guys really think my outlook on the game is anti-town i have all my reads on people i've said so far prepared already.

17. ISO #67
    Fair enough DaveDob's Avatar Discord Moderator
    Community
    DailyMafia/MiniMafia/MU/SMAS
    Sup. Just some quick thoughts on skim through.

I think peoples reads on Vanity are pretty not good. Probably come from a place of not knowing Vanity all that well. I’m not sure anyone trying to push on him now is wolfie but I think they are at best luckboximg into a wolf read because I don’t think Vanity has been all that wolfie yet. Noted day 1 reads and that but I haven’t seen a reason for pushing Vanity I have liked so far.

Hallowcat has tone that feels villager with posts that don’t.

18. ISO #68
    Community
    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#64)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotte (#63)

##Vote zwerdjib

Anywho I'm ignoring all of these onion-chopping "lookie me I'm an innocent villa let me explain my meta" openings. We're gonna be able to see real fast whose spiel doesn't hold up.

Probably the easiest person to have a read on is vanity, but I'm 100% down with letting him live the first day. I think his posts are tonally trash, but they have good intentions behind them, I think --- plus I'm assuming a mafia worth their salt knows he's the SPK like every time, in which case it's pointless to burn daylight on that.

My biggest scumread right now is hollowkitty --- granted, for her introduction where she seemed to give like, at least three different excuses for why she's going to kill villagers this game. That sounded bad.

Also I think this Phighter post is kinda townie for gut reasons

19. ISO #69
    Timezone
    Community
    GoodGamery
    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#64)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotte (#63)

##Vote zwerdjib

Only replying to gently correct my gender. I know hollowkatt sounds like a feminine name, but I assure you I'm most definitely male, checked this morning in the shower!

20. ISO #70
    Community
    Mafia.gg

wisdom, you said a lot of people scumread you, and like clockwork, i am also scumreading you. i guess you can consider this omgus but my biggest problem is with post #37. mainly the tone and connotation of the post seem to be conflicting. you vote me based on not explaining my reads and having arguments, and also going by gut reads (which isn't true but let's let it slide) and then... votes me? for what reason? do you think my behavior is anti-town? i can't really tell in any way. again, trying to not omgus but there's legitimate problems with this vote, and i don't seem to be the only one that picked up on it. i also considered maybe a language barrier being the issue, given wisdom lives in sweden and presumably primarily speaks swedish? but i can't be sure, think it's better to just inquire.

21. ISO #71
    Timezone
    Community
    GoodGamery
    Sup. Just some quick thoughts on skim through.

I think peoples reads on Vanity are pretty not good. Probably come from a place of not knowing Vanity all that well. I’m not sure anyone trying to push on him now is wolfie but I think they are at best luckboximg into a wolf read because I don’t think Vanity has been all that wolfie yet. Noted day 1 reads and that but I haven’t seen a reason for pushing Vanity I have liked so far.

Hallowcat has tone that feels villager with posts that don’t.
    I'm impressed, you've already solved my town game. For that you get a cookie but since cookie emojis apparently don't exist have this instead!

22. ISO #72
    Timezone
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    Akarna
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by vanity. (#34)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotte (#31)
    why is spartan ok?
    not explaining my reads at the moment, sorry

i will later in the day when more people have participated

##Vote vanity.
    i do in fact have arguments for why every one of those people are town or have done things that make them worthy of being somewhat townread. i wouldn't have given those reads otherwise.

there's also other issues with this post but for now it's simply going to be noted until further notice.

there's also a neat little thing known as a reaction test, though that's not to say that was my purpose in giving those reads. that will also be left to interpretation.

and yes, i know i said the way i play is based on working with others and trying to find them town. but this current game state is terrible for explaining reads and looking at the game state as a whole, at least in my opinion.

just give the game to marinate in the time being, all i'm doing is stirring the pot
    I guess. Saying stuff that means "I have information but I won't share it" felt kind of... anti town and arrogant, I suppose is the right feeling.

23. ISO #73
    Timezone
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    Akarna
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#42)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#36)
    Hello friends! I'm hyped! Let's go kill some scum!

Some of you know me, some don't. I'm usually scum read even when I find scum so let's see what I can make of this game.

What's my town meta, you might ask? I'm usually talking too much but at the same time I'm not very good at arguments or explaining my reads in ways that people believes/understands.

I think my MU superpower is that I've never voted wrong in end game. Sadly it doesn't help if town scum read me.

I think my MU kryptonite is that I'm easily frustrated when misunderstood/ignored and I can get a little bit too excited when I realize something.

My scum meta then: I'm quite good at faking solvyness and activity. I'm really bad at faking wim and enthusiasm and am probably more keen on explaining my reads, my scum reads "makes more sense" so to speak. I'm also quite good at distancing without throwing my mates under a bus.
    So in other words, your scum game looks like a good town game?
    Nah, I'm much more into it in a good town game. I'd say my scum game is more like a bad town game tbh. I'm a rather enthusiastic person when my health allows it, but I'm less enthusiastic when scum and I think that's the easiest way to find me as either role.

24. ISO #74
    Timezone
    Community
    GoodGamery
    Quote Originally Posted by vanity. (#34)
    not explaining my reads at the moment, sorry

i will later in the day when more people have participated

##Vote vanity.

I guess. Saying stuff that means "I have information but I won't share it" felt kind of... anti town and arrogant, I suppose is the right feeling.
    This post feels like a fishing expedition. I really don't like it. Having a read on someone, especially D1 doesn't mean you've "got information" it means you've got a feeling, or a thought, or some idea of where in the list of town/scum a person is falling.
    ##Vote Wisdom

For example, I have a read on you based on this post but that doesn't mean I have "information", it means I've got what I think is an idea of where you're going to fall on the town/scum matrix.

25. ISO #75
    Timezone
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    Akarna
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan057 (#45)

Some of you know me, some don't. I'm usually scum read even when I find scum so let's see what I can make of this game.

What's my town meta, you might ask? I'm usually talking too much but at the same time I'm not very good at arguments or explaining my reads in ways that people believes/understands.

I think my MU superpower is that I've never voted wrong in end game. Sadly it doesn't help if town scum read me.

I think my MU kryptonite is that I'm easily frustrated when misunderstood/ignored and I can get a little bit too excited when I realize something.

My scum meta then: I'm quite good at faking solvyness and activity. I'm really bad at faking wim and enthusiasm and am probably more keen on explaining my reads, my scum reads "makes more sense" so to speak. I'm also quite good at distancing without throwing my mates under a bus.
    Also who believes self-meta paragraphs.

Not that theyre not true but can come from any alignment?
    I'm aware Just my way of saying hello to everyone I haven't played with. I'm not hoping to get a town clear within the first hours of the day, if I did I would be nk'd on n1 and that's no fun!

26. ISO #76
    Community
    XHF, MU
    AKA
    Caffrey
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

I'm aware Just my way of saying hello to everyone I haven't played with. I'm not hoping to get a town clear within the first hours of the day, if I did I would be nk'd on n1 and that's no fun!
    ##Vote Wisdom

This campiness is just bull$#@!.

27. ISO #77
    Timezone
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    Akarna
    Pronouns
    also gonna throw this out there.

wisdom, you said a lot of people scumread you, and like clockwork, i am also scumreading you. i guess you can consider this omgus but my biggest problem is with post #37. mainly the tone and connotation of the post seem to be conflicting. you vote me based on not explaining my reads and having arguments, and also going by gut reads (which isn't true but let's let it slide) and then... votes me? for what reason? do you think my behavior is anti-town? i can't really tell in any way. again, trying to not omgus but there's legitimate problems with this vote, and i don't seem to be the only one that picked up on it. i also considered maybe a language barrier being the issue, given wisdom lives in sweden and presumably primarily speaks swedish? but i can't be sure, think it's better to just inquire.
    I probably should have caught up before posting, but here I am looking like a fool with a lot of new stuff to consider while answering old outdated posts. I'm sorry for calling you arrogant, I cleary am not used to this playstyle of yours.

Anyhow. Withholding information that could be useful to town is something I consider anti town. Believing the information is more useful to yourself than town is kinda smug. That's the reason behind the vote.

I didn't know your reasoning behind it, and now I do. I don't agree, but at least I can see it from your perspective and it makes it hard to consider a scummy trait anymore. You're paying attention, and you got a silver tongue. I see that I'm going to have a problem reading you, but as long as you actually share your thoughts and reads and the reasoning behind them, I believe you'll be a use to town as long as that's the allignment you are in.

##Unvote vanity.

Regarding language barriers, yes, I'm not ace at English and some times people hear things that I don't mean to say. One time I got lynched for calling someone being in town (as in the allignment) instead of in the village (as in everyone playing). I tend to mess up with words. I apologize for any already happened and going to happen mistakes.

28. ISO #78
    Timezone
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    Akarna
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#74)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#72)

##Vote vanity.

This post feels like a fishing expedition. I really don't like it. Having a read on someone, especially D1 doesn't mean you've "got information" it means you've got a feeling, or a thought, or some idea of where in the list of town/scum a person is falling.
    ##Vote Wisdom

For example, I have a read on you based on this post but that doesn't mean I have "information", it means I've got what I think is an idea of where you're going to fall on the town/scum matrix.
    A feeling is always based on something. It's something pinging you either way and it's always possible to find out what it's about. I had reasons for my vote, as explained.

Voting by gut only can be dangerous. Because then you're not understanding how your own mind works and there could be a lot of non-game related reasons for a read. Tone and language, but also stuff like avatars and nationalities.

Vanity. then clarified that he actually had reasons. It wasn't a gut feel. And why he felt the need it at all, he at least seemed to have a reason for saying it.

29. ISO #79
    Timezone
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    Akarna
    Pronouns
    If we're going to have a decent chance of winning this game, we need to be sharing our thoughts. Being transparent about your reasonings is one of the main things that differs between scum and town, and one person is never going to win the game alone. We have to find each other, create a strong town core and shut scum out, locking them into a PoE they got no way of escaping.

I come from a community where we play flipless. It's possible to win without both flips and PRs. And now we even have flips! I find role flips to be super strong and as long as we core up, scum can't win.

So, even though it's a light game everyone have to be active. I expect at least 25 posts per day. From everyone. I'm sick and tired of games where I'm in MyLo and there's still some town low poster alive who've done nothing townie, and makes an easy win for scum only by existing. "Why are low posters still alive in late game?" you might ask. Because they are never a threat to scum. And town rather kill a scum read than a low poster that they have no information on (or me when I say we should lynch off the low posters instead of a gut feeling town read), even when the scum read is just a gut feel which basically could mean anything. Also it's more often than not that the low posters are actually scum because they are afraid to mess up, they're bad at creating content when they have TMI and they don't want any attention.

30. ISO #80
    Everyone's mom dyachei's Avatar Head Moderator
    Community
    SDN
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    The only thing I've really come away with from reading so far is that vanity feels slight town to me.

I get that not sharing reasons feels anti-town, but like...I think the rest of what they are doing is slight villa.

Also, vanity, you're getting questioned because you provided a reads list - most people here had 1-2 reads and not really in list form, more a response to specific posts. So of course you're going to be asked why when you dedicate a post to it

31. ISO #81
    Timezone
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    Akarna
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#32)
    you’re talking about vanity right because I did NOT play well lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#39)

don’t love this vote
    The only one I'm somewhat confident in reading this game is Chemist. It's a bit early to give off a strong read, but here goes, based on what I'm thinking about right now.

Chemist is usually a quite transparent player when town, he's confused and not always focused but it shows that he likes to play the game.

His start here is really unenthusiastic. I isn't showing his usual humour and his town is more off and cold that it uses to be. He was in thread for what seems like one and a half hour, yet he didn't say much at all. It's like he's closing himself off in a shell.

I'm up for being wrong and changing my mind, but as far as first impressions go, this isn't a good one.

##Vote Chemist1422

32. ISO #82
    Timezone
    Community
    GoodGamery
    @Wisdom I'm always down to lynch a tree. If someone is low posting and all their posts are superficial then yeah, lets do a murder! If they're low posting but have some great analysis then yeah they can stick around b/c they're useful.

That being said, I'm not so on board with always being transparent. Sometimes I flag something as "weird" and throw a vote that way just to see what happens. It's not a read I can explain other than "this is weird" and I'd rather react to that votes reaction than I would explain my "this is weird" thought and then have to react to THAT discussion.

To be fair, if I've got what I think is a solid read on someone I'm going to share it, but if it's a gut or ww meta kind of thing where I just have a hunch it's not worth the words to expound on it till there's more reason to go there.

All that being said, I'm going back to voting people who haven't even shown up yet ##Vote CatgirlMaple

33. ISO #83
    Timezone
    Community
    PS!
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    just woke up, read the entire thread and quite frankly have to agree strongly with phighters read here

Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#76)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#75)

I'm aware :) Just my way of saying hello to everyone I haven't played with. I'm not hoping to get a town clear within the first hours of the day, if I did I would be nk'd on n1 and that's no fun!
    ##Vote Wisdom

34. ISO #84
    Timezone
    Community
    PS!
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

almost forgot to vote

35. ISO #85
    Timezone
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    Akarna
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#82)
    @Wisdom I'm always down to lynch a tree. If someone is low posting and all their posts are superficial then yeah, lets do a murder! If they're low posting but have some great analysis then yeah they can stick around b/c they're useful.

That being said, I'm not so on board with always being transparent. Sometimes I flag something as "weird" and throw a vote that way just to see what happens. It's not a read I can explain other than "this is weird" and I'd rather react to that votes reaction than I would explain my "this is weird" thought and then have to react to THAT discussion.

To be fair, if I've got what I think is a solid read on someone I'm going to share it, but if it's a gut or ww meta kind of thing where I just have a hunch it's not worth the words to expound on it till there's more reason to go there.

All that being said, I'm going back to voting people who haven't even shown up yet ##Vote CatgirlMaple
    Yes, I agree that content and context are important when regarding low posters. Quantity isn't necessarily AI as much as quality.

I understand your viewpoint regarding transparency, but it seems like it's from a perspective of "I want to win this game" rather than "I'm going to make town win this game". I'm not saying it's never okay to try to poke around for fun, but in my experience you don't get much from it if you don't discuss it with others afterwards.

And I get your take on gut reads, I do. As you say it takes more energy and time to form feelings into words, but I'd say it needs to be done to ever be able to communicate properly. In the long run, I'd call making sense of gut feelings is a really pro move and one big thing you can always do for town, even during times when you have problems making sense of the game state and whatnot.

36. ISO #86
    Timezone
    Community
    GoodGamery
    I find it very interesting you say you read the whole thread and this is the first thing that made you want to comment AND vote?

Quote Originally Posted by zwerdjib (#83)
    just woke up, read the entire thread and quite frankly have to agree strongly with phighters read here

##Vote Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by zwerdjib (#84)
    ##Vote Wisdom

almost forgot to vote

37. ISO #87
    Timezone
    Community
    GoodGamery
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#82)

Yes, I agree that content and context are important when regarding low posters. Quantity isn't necessarily AI as much as quality.

I understand your viewpoint regarding transparency, but it seems like it's from a perspective of "I want to win this game" rather than "I'm going to make town win this game". I'm not saying it's never okay to try to poke around for fun, but in my experience you don't get much from it if you don't discuss it with others afterwards.

And I get your take on gut reads, I do. As you say it takes more energy and time to form feelings into words, but I'd say it needs to be done to ever be able to communicate properly. In the long run, I'd call making sense of gut feelings is a really pro move and one big thing you can always do for town, even during times when you have problems making sense of the game state and whatnot.
    Other than our differences on perspective I feel like we're on the same page here and I'm alright with that.

38. ISO #88
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Mist
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + he/him/his/his/himself

I didn’t really love dya’s entrance, it felt like a really easy read to make to get into the game

##Vote dyachei

Lettuce test and see how this goes

Also Dave is my neighbor buddy this game, not mason yet, but neighbor

39. ISO #89
    Timezone
    Community
    GoodGamery
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#88)
    Back

I didn’t really love dya’s entrance, it felt like a really easy read to make to get into the game

##Vote dyachei

Yeah, dya's post doesn't fill me with warm fuzzies, that's for sure...

40. ISO #90
    Timezone
    Community
    PS!
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#86)
    I find it very interesting you say you read the whole thread and this is the first thing that made you want to comment AND vote?

Quote Originally Posted by zwerdjib (#83)

##Vote Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by zwerdjib (#84)
    ##Vote Wisdom

almost forgot to vote
    its not the first thing, but it is something i agree a lot with

41. ISO #91
    Community
    Back

##Vote dyachei

Given how the game has been going I’m not sure that’s necessarily true but I’ll let you rock for a bit. I didn’t exactly love Dya’s entrence but I thought it was more meh null than wolfie

42. ISO #92
    Community
    SDN
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Back

##Vote dyachei

but is it wolfy?

Chemist should know me better than this by now. When have I had an entrance that someone liked?

43. ISO #93
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Mist
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + he/him/his/his/himself
    Back

##Vote dyachei

but is it wolfy?

Chemist should know me better than this by now. When have I had an entrance that someone liked?
    I don’t remember a single game with you that wasn’t a mash or hydra game

So no this argument doesn’t really hold up

44. ISO #94
    Community
    Mafia.gg
    i don't hate wisdom since they started posting more. i can see a stylistic difference, and this isn't really my typical village play, which i have alluded to. i will address one thing:

if you are a v wisdom... this is the type of things that get you placed into poe's. it's d1, and you aren't expected to tryhard. but if it was possible to townclear every single v on d1, mafia would be an easy game. just because you don't want to get nightkilled isn't a reason to not project town. (not to say that you aren't). maybe some people think differently, but as a villager, i love getting nightkilled. i die for when i can stop exerting as much of my life force as i possibly can into a game. but that's just the way i play personally. basically, this type of attitude not only doesn't get you nk'd, but it can also get you lynched. in my book that's a lose lose, but maybe you don't think so.

as another note, this is a mountainous. there are no pr's. we have no way of peeking each other or saving each other, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dyachei (#80)
    The only thing I've really come away with from reading so far is that vanity feels slight town to me.

I get that not sharing reasons feels anti-town, but like...I think the rest of what they are doing is slight villa.

Also, vanity, you're getting questioned because you provided a reads list - most people here had 1-2 reads and not really in list form, more a response to specific posts. So of course you're going to be asked why when you dedicate a post to it
    yeah, i did dedicate a post to it... i was even thinking of putting a disclaimer that said "not going to explain my reads" but it sounded to dismissive to me.

with out of the way, more reads!

...actually none of the new entrances fills me with any confidence. let me explain my hidden reads while i'm at it.

the spartan read was mostly just the way he was questioning people. his posts also just generally gave me good vibes i suppose. again, i reviewed this, doesn't feel great. but i wouldn't necessarily lynch him based on his current posts.

the read on hollow... i initially was concerned about this slot based on his first interactions with rotte, specifically the playful omgus vote that read as awkward. though for what it's worth i don't really think awkwardness is often alignment indicative. to go more in depth, he seemed to mirror my omgus vote with chemist. this worried me as a pocket and also general struggle to come off with any meaningful content. however, the main thing i townread him for is posts #19 and #23. #19 i really liked the confidence and wording, as well as the general demeanor. it could be interpreted as a pocket attempt, but this is where post #23 comes in. he questions rotte, which also related to something he said earlier about liking a good pocket. so to some extent he's aware about being pocketed himself. and the weak response does concern him genuinely i think in post #25, i don't think a pocket was actually trying to happen here. in that sense, it reads as genuine solving to me. i also gave points for jumping around with votes a lot, wolves tend to park on their votes a lot i think. so yeah, town. not reconsidering until tomorrow.

the rotte read was mostly jumping around with votes as towny as well. talked about this with hollow as well. also felt genuine irritation from him with me not explaining my reads.

dave dob's read on me is exactly the way i expect dave dob to read me. nothing really there. the gut read on phighter doesn't feel great. the read on hollow is okay but not alignment indicative either.

phighter i've been wrong on so much recently that i've resigned myself from reading him. so i have absolutely no clue about his alignment at the moment.

chocolate i think is slightly villagery just based on posting style. yeah, i was being overly friendly, but i also have an obligation to not insult others or be a $#@! to others per being a mod, plus it's not my style anyways. so i could see that as a real read coming from a villagery perspective, and it also reminds me of phighter's read on beck in my champs qualifier. plus their read on rotte doesn't strike me as something a wolf just says in the moment. there's no agenda there, and it's not going to get you townread either.

zwerdjib's introduction and pile-on onto wisdom worries me. i don't particularly find wisdom wolfy from their responses to stuff and zwerdjib's jump onto that doesn't make me feel good about that wagon at the moment. it's opportunistic.

if i had to vote on someone... honestly i'm fine being parked onto chemist at the moment. wisdom's thoughts on chemist, while not anything groundbreaking, i think it worth exploring at the moment.

45. ISO #95
    Timezone
    Community
    GoodGamery
    Back

##Vote dyachei

but is it wolfy?

tbf D1 if something isn't town it's wolf. Otherwise everyone is gonna run around with "so and so is null" all dang day and we'll get nowhere!

46. ISO #96
    Community
    Most of Wisdom’s posting so far today tells me very little of their alignment so far tbh. I look at their posts and most of them just feel like words anyone can make because it talks more of how they think as a player. Which in general I find NAI

47. ISO #97
    Community
    I will say though early indications of Wisdom/Chemist not w/w #lold1association is kinda sticking to me for pretty whatever reasons honestly.

48. ISO #98
    Community
    SDN
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#93)
    Quote Originally Posted by dyachei (#92)
    Back

##Vote dyachei

but is it wolfy?

I don’t remember a single game with you that wasn’t a mash or hydra game

So no this argument doesn’t really hold up
    It happens in mashes and hydras, too. So it kind of does, Chemist. But way to try and explain it away

Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#95)
    Back

##Vote dyachei

but is it wolfy?

tbf D1 if something isn't town it's wolf. Otherwise everyone is gonna run around with "so and so is null" all dang day and we'll get nowhere!
    That's not how I play games. You do you though

49. ISO #99
    Community
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#95)
    Back

##Vote dyachei

but is it wolfy?

I’m not going to get stuck in talking game theory but lets just say I don’t agree with this

50. ISO #100
    Community
    SDN
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    fwiw vanity I agree about zeep. Their pile on didn't feel good. Not sure if it's because it's opportunistic or if it's the fact they only decided to comment on that and throw a vote in. It just feels off