We've all got the power in our hands to kill, but most people are afraid to use it. The ones who aren't afraid, control life itself.
Hosts: @roro__b, @Empoof, and @Arapocalypse with help from @Beck, @Mantichora, and @Ampharos
Start Date: Monday, November 18th
SOD/EOD: 8:00 AM EST to 8:00 PM EST
Phase Lengths: 12 hour days / 12 hour nights
Out of Thread Communication: Only in threads or discord servers provided by the hosts.
Activity Requirement: Minimum of three (3) game related posts during each Day Phase.
- Deadline lynch, in the case of a tie the lynch will be randomized.
- Multi-factional mash. Loners and a cult-like faction are part of the game. The impact of conversion mechanics will be limited.
- Events are part of the game but there will be no ITAs.
- The game will be based on the storyline below. It will be closely connected to the flavour, which is influenced by several different fantasy books, movies and series.
- Closed setup with flavour revealed upon death.
- More exact and fleshed out game mechanics, such as Order of Operations, will be in the OP of the game thread.
An assassination of the beloved king, in an already distraught kingdom lead his spirit to dwell in his lands of old. The once beautiful, united kingdom of Arapocalypsia is now a divided, wicked and erratic one.
Several years has passed since, and as of yet, no fitting successor has been deemed worthy to rule in his stead. There are not many left who still make a claim for the throne, but each faction has their own reasons as to why they believe it is rightfully theirs. The powers that are out there realize that finally, this is the time to try and conquer the throne!
Despite being banished to their ancestral hometown, Volatilia, the King's sons are the ones in power since his passing. Following his death, it was decided that they would have to remain there until they could agree on how the power would be distributed among themselves. With minds contorted by greed, hatred, and in some cases pure evil, they know better than to trust each other. Despite this, they are aware of the plentiful clues that outer powers are well ready to challenge their family, and for that reason they try to stick together for the time being.
The witches of Vowrrtahn are one of those outer threats to taking over the throne from the King’s sons. For decades they have been in hiding in the dark forests of their lands, but no more! With the moons aligned and all the preparations in place, they are now ready to change the world – no more living in the shadows for people of their kind. Everybody should know about them, and everybody should give them the proper admiration they so well deserve.
A formerly very well-known force to be reckoned with, is King Mad from the small town of Baldur. Once an influential noble in the capital, he attempted a coup-d’état where he murdered a former king. The deed was not well received by the king’s men, who butchered all his family and friends, burned his home village, and banished him to a remote corner of the world where his madness and anger has grown to enormous proportions. Adding to the threat he poses, are rumors about him having acquired and raised a dragon as well as quite a substantial following, all firmly believing the place on the throne - by all rights - is his.
- The Lukundo
- Dungeon Master
- Garden Gnome
- Angsty Angel
- t om
- Coarse Cowboy
- Taichi Kamiya
- Mill Crab
- Agent Cooper
- Pawn Lelouch
- Contrainer (day 4/5+)
Cults? In a MASH? How can this possibly be balanced?
- We've found two main criteria that lead to an "un-fun" (subjectively of course) nature of having cults, being:
- Not having a way to solve for someone converting, as looking at their passed posts won't show you what their current alignment is
- Someone who is playing to one win condition suddenly having to shift to another.
There are other reasons too, such as having a converted mafia member just out their entire team which is just overall an unenjoyable experience.
While some of these may still be present, we've taken steps behind the scenes to stunt these effects in one form or another. Can't say anything more than that, as the set-up is closed. We will say that this game is more centered around fun and playing heavily off the flavor. Traditional ways of solving may find themselves falling short.
You guys are running awfully close to Thanksgiving. What's the plan if the game ends up taking a long time?
- We don't expect the game to last up until American Thanksgiving, but if it does our current plan would be to put the game on hold for 24 hours.