This is a manual mini-mash 19er game of Mafia starting Mon Dec 9 with a schedule of 6:50a-7:55p (all times Eastern) - 13/11 d1-d3; 37/11 d4+.
You may sign up only if you were not subbed out of either of the last two non-turbo MU mafia games you played.
This game is not bastard. It has no ITAs. It has been reviewed for balance and approved by Aquilla, mhsmith0, and Animal Midwife. We could not play on this site without their dedication--thank you to those folks. A result of investigation, if any, will be truthful (no godfather nor miller roles/abilities). In addition to the Town and the Mafia, there might also be one Neutral team of one or more players. There is a maximum of three teams, and only one team can win. Flips will at least indicate "Town" or "Not Town" with one possible exception; an investigative role will flip fully.
Also see post 16 for the Playing Piece Pre-game Event and post 52 for how to win a 3-month Patron membership!
1. Marluxion - Thimble
2. Garden Gnome - Shoe
4. Jalandh - Penguin
5. The Lukundo
7. Friday - Cannon
8. Chemist1422 - Pokemon
10. Multiverse - Top Hat
13. Pilica - Millenium Ring
14. Marshal - Rubber Duck
17. Anticlimax - Iron
18. Kitty - Cat
19. Trustworthy Liberal - Bear
Substitutes ("In Jail") 2/3
1. stormslyde (n3+)
2. LordQuas (n3+)
Spectators in the Town Cemetery ("Just Visiting")
Community Chest and Chance
Every day and every night, one lucky player's number is drawn. If that player is alive, he or she may pick a Community Chest card or make another player pick a Chance card. A Community Chest card is 50% likely to give you something really good, 30% likely to be "meh," and 20% likely to be pretty bad (but not causing your death). A Chance card is 20% likely to be really good, 30% likely to be "meh," and 50% likely to be really, really bad. Well, it could be just one really or two reallys, or really it could be 5 reallys because yes, the worst outcome is possible. How does this work mechanically? Glad you asked!
- The players are listed randomly in post 3.
- Next to each name is a range of at least 566 numbers.
- At 12:59pm and at 7:57pm the New Jersey Lottery Pick 4 drawing is held. If your number is picked, you may name
----yourself and play a Community Chest card or
----another player, who must play a Chance card.
- For the afternoon drawing, indicate your choice via ITA formatting as a day action; for the evening drawing, indicate your choice by PM to the host as a night action.
- Unlike in Monopoly, a drawn card is played then returned to a random location in (not necessarily the bottom of) the deck.
- Cards are being randomized in advance using the Oregon Lottery in a thread of unedited posts (details available postgame).
- There is an anti-claim mechanism ensuring that if a Townie saves themselves by claiming his or her role truthfully, it will probably hurt the Town more than any benefit that might be obtained from such a claim. If a Townie claims truthfully and it does not save them, or if ANY player claims his or her role untruthfully, that will simply be ignored.
- The day action deadline is one hour before EOD. The night action deadline is 90 minutes before SOD. There will be no reminders of this or to post, and there will be no randing of unsubmitted actions. All actions must be submitted by PM, and each submission is irrevocable.
- Day never ends early.
- Votes are not locked in at LYLO.
- The Town must always lynch.
- Tied votes are decided randomly.
- Each faction will have its own cemetery.
- A player who has zero-posted or one-posted as of 4 hours before EOD may be replaced immediately without warning.
- A player who does not participate substantially during a day will be given only one warning per game as early as 4 hours before EOD; a recurrence on a subsequent day may result in immediate replacement as early as halfway through the day.
- The host will subjectively but fairly apply a reasonable community standard in interpreting "substantial participation."
- ITA formatting is reserved only for a winner to use only once.