• 8x Vanilla Townies

Jurors (0/3):

Players (2/13):
    1. mansnicks - 69 (Doctor)
    2. lendunistus - 77 (Vigilante)

Substitutes (0/2):

Spectators:
    1. Chemist 1422

This game has 13 "players" and 3 "jurors." When you "in," state whether you want to be a "player," a "juror," or "either." The 3 people among those who indicate "juror" or "either" who have the most medals/recognitions under their names will be chosen as jurors (tiebreaker is join date); those who indicate "player" or "either" will be chosen as "players."

The C9++ (see below) setup will be used; however, the first seven people who "in" as "player" or as "either" without revocation decide the seven numbers that would otherwise be chosen randomly. For example, you would say, "in as player, 97" or "in for either, 44," etc. You can't change your number. The setup will be announced once the seventh player has stated "in." It is subject to change if people "out" until 5pm ET Monday, January 13, when it will be locked in.

The full role flips at death. Players must always lynch. Day never ends early. Those who have not substantially participated (at least 10 meaningful posts) during the first 31 hours of a day are subject to being subbed out with 5 hours remaining and without notice so the slot can be salvaged. Twenty posts mostly of drivel will probably lead to a sub out, as well.

Players who volunteer to be on the sub list will be asked at the start of each game day whether they are OK with being subbed in at the 5-hour mark. No one will be subbed in unless and until they have responded affirmatively and without having revoked.

While the 13 Players play in the regular game thread, the 3 Jurors play in a separate, private game thread. These Jurors compete with one another for the most accuracy in guessing nightly which non-vanilla roles belong to which Townies. The Jurors are not told the alignments or roles of any of the Players.

In the Jury thread, which runs on the same clock as the game thread, each Juror publishes daily a list of the players. A Juror may change his or her list as often as is desired. The last list published before EOD is the only list that counts for that Juror. A Juror may not correctly match a player to a role more than once per game. Points are awarded or subtracted at the end of each game day. The winner is the Juror with the most points when the main game is completed. Points can go negative. There could be a tie.

Jurors can use their thread to manipulate the other Jurors into making particular guesses, as well as fooling the others into thinking they will submit a particular way before swooping in a second before EOD with their actual list. However, they will have some explaining to do the next morning!

--If all 3 Jurors correctly match the same Townie to a power role,
    ----none of the Jurors win or lose any points, and
    ----that player is poisoned via the anticlaim mechanism (announced 18-30 hours before EOD).
    --If exactly 2 Jurors correctly match the same Townie to a power role, and the other Juror leaves that slot blank,
    ----the 2 Jurors each win 3 points, and
    ----the other Juror does not win or lose any points.
    --If exactly 2 Jurors correctly match the same Townie to a power role, and the other Juror incorrectly matches that player to a different Town power role,
    ----the 2 Jurors each win 5 points, and
    ----the other Juror loses 4 points.
    --If exactly 1 Juror correctly matches the same Townie to a power role, and the other 2 Jurors leave that slot blank,
    ----the Juror wins 6 points, and
    ----the other Jurors do not win or lose any points.
    --If exactly 1 Juror correctly matches the same Townie to a power role, the second Juror leaves the slot blank, and the third Juror incorrectly matches that player to a different Town power role,
    ----the correct Juror wins 10 points,
    ----the second Juror does not win or lose any points, and
    ----the incorrect Juror loses 4 points.
    --If exactly 1 Juror correctly matches the same Townie to a power role, and the other 2 Jurors incorrectly match that player to [a] different Town power role[s],
    ----the correct Juror wins 12 points, and
    ----the other Jurors each lose 3 points.
    --If all 3 Jurors incorrectly match the same Townie to [a] power role[s], none of the Jurors win or lose any points.

The winner's opinion as to the MVP of the game also awards that status to the best player in the 13er.
    Quote Originally Posted by smilefires (#4)
    C9++ is a semi-open setup for 13 players, originally designed by Fiasco of MafiaScum. The idea behind a C9++ setup is that for every power role the town rolls, anti-town forces also grow stronger.

To set up a C9++ game, randomly choose 7 numbers between 1 and 100. Each number corresponds to a letter, which signifies the type of power role rolled:
    Number Letter
    1-50 T (Townie)
    51-65 C (Cop)
    66-75 D (Doctor)
    76-85 V (Vigilante)
    86-95 M (Mason)
    96-100 B (Blocker)

Then based on the letters you have, consult the following list to add roles to the game (where not specified, they are town roles):

Cop Roles
    C = 1-Shot Cop
    CC = Cop
    CCC = Cop, 1-Shot Cop
    CCCC = 2 Cops
    CCCCC = 2 Cops, 1-Shot Cop
    CCCCCC = 3 Cops

Doctor Roles
    D = Doctor
    DD = Doctor, 1-Shot Doctor
    DDD = 2 Doctors
    DDDD = 2 Doctors, 1-Shot Doctor
    DDDDD = 3 Doctors

Vigilante Roles
    V = 1-Shot Vigilante
    VV = Vigilante
    VVV = Vigilante, 1-Shot Vigilante
    VVVV = 2 Vigilantes
    VVVVV = 2 Vigilantes, 1-Shot Vigilante

Mason Roles
    M = Innocent Child
    MM = 2 Masons
    MMM = 2 Masons, Innocent Child
    MMMM = 3 Masons
    MMMMM = 2 Masons, 2 Masons (i.e. two separate pairings)

Blocker Roles
    B = Roleblocker
    BB = Roleblocker, 1-Shot Roleblocker
    BBB = 2 Roleblockers
    BBBB = 2 Roleblockers, 1-Shot Roleblocker

Scum Roles
    TTTTTTT = Mafia Goon, Mafia Godfather; Serial Killer + 1 Bulletproof Vest*
    TTTTTT = Mafia Goon, Mafia Godfather
    TTTTT = Mafia Goon, Mafia Godfather; Serial Killer + 1 Bulletproof Vest
    TTTT = 2 Mafia Goons, Mafia Roleblocker
    TTT = 2 Mafia Goons, Mafia Roleblocker; Serial Killer + 1 Bulletproof Vest
    TT = Mafia Goon, Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Godfather
    T = Mafia Goon, Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Godfather; Serial Killer + 1 Bulletproof Vest
    0 Ts = Mafia Goon, Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Godfather
    *The original setup allows the serial killer to choose either investigation immunity or a bulletproof vest, but this is not possible with the current software - you can't edit a role's modifiers after the game has been randed. Typical precedent has dictated giving the vest by default.

Then, add Vanilla Townies until you have 13 roles.

For example, I rolled the following numbers using random.org: 91, 32, 92, 81, 87, 83, 93. Converting them to letters gives me MMMMVVT. This means my setup will have the following power roles:
    • 3 Town Masons in a group together
    • Town Vigilante
    • Mafia Goon
    • Mafia Roleblocker
    • Mafia Godfather
    • Serial Killer + 1 Bulletproof Vest

That's 8 roles, so adding 5 Vanilla Townies completes the setup.
    Last edited by Zork; January 8th, 2020 at 10:53 PM.

2. ISO #2
    Banned
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    A Juror will get points only on the first day they correctly match a Townie to their power role.

The points will be tallied secretly.

For the 13 who are playing Mafia, it's a normal C++ game except you know the setup and can't claim lest you be anticlaim poisoned.

3. ISO #3
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

4. ISO #4
    Timezone
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    A Juror will get points only on the first day they correctly match a Townie to their power role.

For the 13 who are playing Mafia, it's a normal C++ game except you know the setup and can't claim lest you be anticlaim poisoned.
    By the way. What is the reasoning for the "you can't claim lest you be anticlaim poisoned"?
    Players knowing that every claim is an anti claim makes the claim itself... well.. why?
    Also, every claim automatically removes 2 possible role possibilities from the claiming slot - the obvious one that the 3 spectators guesses and the claimed one - making TPR hunting for mafia easier.

I'm guessing the special mechanics here are a bit anti-town? (the can't claim unless part)

I would prefer if you allowed people to claim. That would at least give cop a cover.

By the way. Are there Last Wills where the cop can put his reads in? I think I haven't seen LW's on this site... but not sure.
    Last edited by mansnicks; January 5th, 2020 at 01:06 PM.

5. ISO #5
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Mist
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#6)
    mfw you accidentally sell your soul for a modpeek
    Quote Originally Posted by Lads (#305)
    God is real, and she is haunting my dreams tonight.

6. ISO #6
    Banned
    Timezone
    Quote Originally Posted by mansnicks (#4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork (#2)

By the way. What is the reasoning for the "you can't claim lest you be anticlaim poisoned"?
    Players knowing that every claim is an anti claim makes the claim itself... well.. why?
    Also, every claim automatically removes 2 possible role possibilities from the claiming slot - the obvious one that the 3 spectators guesses and the claimed one - making TPR hunting for mafia easier.

I'm guessing the special mechanics here are a bit anti-town? (the can't claim unless part)

I would prefer if you allowed people to claim. That would at least give cop a cover.

By the way. Are there Last Wills where the cop can put his reads in? I think I haven't seen LW's on this site... but not sure.
    There aren't wills. If there is a cop(s), you can leave cop cover. Players can claim, it's just that if you are Town, and you truthfully claim a power role, and you are believed by all 3 Jurors, you will be poisoned. Normally in a C++ game, it's semi-open, so you don't know for sure that a role is in there, and it gives a lot of claim cover, but in this version, it's open and chosen by the first seven players to "in." So claiming to escape the noose is only going to get you poisoned and is pro-wolf. While that extra KP that only flows in one direction is anti-town, the fact the setup is open and everyone has more information is pro-town, so it balances.

7. ISO #7
    Banned
    Timezone
    Quote Originally Posted by mansnicks (#3)
    In as player, 69
    Folks, we have at least one doctor!

8. ISO #8
    Timezone
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

There aren't wills. If there is a cop(s), you can leave cop cover. Players can claim, it's just that if you are Town, and you truthfully claim a power role, and you are believed by all 3 Jurors, you will be poisoned. Normally in a C++ game, it's semi-open, so you don't know for sure that a role is in there, and it gives a lot of claim cover, but in this version, it's open and chosen by the first seven players to "in." So claiming to escape the noose is only going to get you poisoned and is pro-wolf. While that extra KP that only flows in one direction is anti-town, the fact the setup is open and everyone has more information is pro-town, so it balances.
    Since poison makes me only need to anti-claim, I see no issue with giving cop a cover just to cover even more later
    Though I guess it does make it simply useless since no actual Cop would do the same so no cover would ever be believed in my opinion

By noose you mean death, yes? I think dying is more pro-wolf tbh.
    That's true. I didn't think of that. Now I'm happy. Though my unhappiness came from the idea that can't claim. Guess that was a misunderstanding :P
    Last edited by mansnicks; January 5th, 2020 at 03:35 PM.

9. ISO #9
    Banned
    Timezone
    You can claim falsely or truthfully just be aware that if 3 Jurors think you are a particular Town power role, you are poisoned. Once you understand that, you can play the game however you think best.

10. ISO #10
    Timezone
    UTC+03:00
    AKA
    lendun
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

11. ISO #11
    Banned
    Timezone
    Quote Originally Posted by lendunistus (#10)
    Is this newbie friendly?
    yes

12. ISO #12
    Timezone
    UTC+03:00
    AKA
    lendun
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

13. ISO #13
    in as either i'd prefer juror but obviously if anyone who plays often on here signs up i'm down to be a player.

I
    Could
    Not
    Wait
    Too
    Be
    Your
    Friend
    Family

14. ISO #14
    cuts ribs wearing wolf Angrypotato's Avatar
    Timezone
    UTC+08:00
    Community
    Greywolf main
    AKA
    YanniCui , Hildegard Margot Cui
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

If can’t be juror give me spec
    Gentlemen, you have fought like lions and been led by donkeys. - Erwin Rommel

15. ISO #15
    cuts ribs wearing wolf Angrypotato's Avatar
    Timezone
    UTC+08:00
    Community
    Greywolf main
    AKA
    YanniCui , Hildegard Margot Cui
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

Like game said it starts on Jan 14
    Gentlemen, you have fought like lions and been led by donkeys. - Erwin Rommel

16. ISO #16
    Banned
    Timezone
    I've been having issues with internet and being sick and moving and etc etc and plus hardly anybody signed up for this C++ setup so...thank you to those who showed interest. Stay tuned for another traditional open setup madness Zorky adventure coming soon...