Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 646545556
Results 2,751 to 2,794 of 2794

Thread: The Magicians 17p Role Madness

1. ISO #2751

2. ISO #2752
    Quote Originally Posted by catgode (#2746)
    Quote Originally Posted by PepperoniLover (#2745)
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#2744)
    Quote Originally Posted by PepperoniLover (#2743)
    Wisdom was an alignment cop?

Could have sworn she was a rolecop.
    She was, but my point is, if the Godfather exists to thwart the checks of an alignment cop, then the Disguiser exists to thwart the checks of a rolecop. There were other ways for my role to be revealed - for example, if a town investigative role had seen me targetting another player with my 'Prayers sent to the wrong God' ability - it would have outted me as taking an action when, according to my claimed role, I shouldn't have been able to get any actions.

Like I said before, it's a whole lotta luck involved.
    Just wondering if the rule is different here. Dunno if it came from Mafia Scum or Neo Seeker or what, I just know my homesite the ironclad rule was kill takes precedence that phase an supercedes any ability for that phase (outside of obvious stuff like Roleblock etc) otherwise you can get strange results.

Its what made the entire discussion puzzling to me d2 because if there was a secondary role to find the body or CSI or whatever there has to be a body first. It made me think maybe the rules are different here or its been so long I am not recalling it correctly. I knew it wasn't right to assume you were cleared though. I knew Lime caught that link too just seemed like game was always too loud for some reason.

p.s. Michelle is the terminator. Despite ditching I still had hope she could win it, I assumed townies saw what she was doing and were giving her fake sus to keep her safe from being Night Killed.

I assume yall were going to kill her anyway after she got percy lynched?

GG btw.
    werent the only people SRing mich at the end literally just scum?
    And so what was keeping her alive?

Fake sus scum has to weight cost of nk on her vs nk on agreed upon TR

Use a fake SR to shield your real TR

3. ISO #2753
    Furry Collective Keeper of the Swans Michelle's Avatar
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    AnimeBase
    Quote Originally Posted by catgode (#2751)
    why? Because you were such a good townie until the end? You have nothing to be sorry about from my POV
    You passed from my top scum to my top town in few posts when you showed you really care.

4. ISO #2754
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle (#2753)
    why? Because you were such a good townie until the end? You have nothing to be sorry about from my POV
    You passed from my top scum to my top town in few posts when you showed you really care.
    i shouldve taken the responsibility of being in poe and made the moves before El swooped in with his cred from grant's body, and made a harder stance on my reads.

i wanted to push el/mama for the entire day pretty much, but i didnt know how to approach that in order to actually get people to listen to me - its hard to care about "el's shading of me is very sus" when you're not me
    i think i just had a hard time convincing myself that el is 100% scum despite others' reads, or just couldnt ignore that and go for the only good lynch that day

and every time i push the reads im confident about anyway, theyre just wrong and town gets completely indirectly derailed in the direction of that ala mountainous bulletproof with senate/shr or hydra 6 with pandas

i just felt like there was something profoundly wrong because nobody dared to make the move that seemed obvious, and i didnt want to be the first vote on a losing wagon in that case

5. ISO #2755
    people like to scumread people by quoting questionable stuff and pointing out "see they TRd scum there 100% associav" and its hard to get anyone convicted by mere "i believe theyre trying to do x" if you cant just point out actual bad posts and maybe that'll work

6. ISO #2756
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle (#2747)
    Quote Originally Posted by PepperoniLover (#2738)
    I didn't claim because I didn't think it would make a difference. And I believed if I did I wouldn't get protected anyway because I didn't have enough generally agreed upon town equity or some such horse$#@! because I didn't spend all of D1 roleplaying a mongoose or some other zoo animal.
    Claiming mason when at Eod is not deserted land makes the counter wagon lynched, you unvoted or a CFD occurring.
    Town maybe won't believe it but scum may be afraid of your flip when not trusting it and will help you survive most probably.
    This is the most powerful role without action because you become certain your partener is always town and both of you can back up each other.
    Playing mason is very interesting and you have to protect your partener to not be found because the pair of masons is hunted by wolves.
    Yeah, I decided to fail then knowingly rather than succumb later in some futile effort.

Might have been a double meaning to mentioning a win loss record.

I really do hate it. This Meta nonsense, judging people if their reads slign... It's so low effort.

Look at you waking up at night, risking trouble at work to carry.

You should Flex (play your best ) because you want to, not because people expect you to and will mislynch you when you don't.

That kind of double standard is toxic, and should be fought.

I know that saying that won't make me popular but it's true.

7. ISO #2757
    Quote Originally Posted by PepperoniLover (#2756)
    I didn't claim because I didn't think it would make a difference. And I believed if I did I wouldn't get protected anyway because I didn't have enough generally agreed upon town equity or some such horse$#@! because I didn't spend all of D1 roleplaying a mongoose or some other zoo animal.
    Claiming mason when at Eod is not deserted land makes the counter wagon lynched, you unvoted or a CFD occurring.
    Town maybe won't believe it but scum may be afraid of your flip when not trusting it and will help you survive most probably.
    This is the most powerful role without action because you become certain your partener is always town and both of you can back up each other.
    Playing mason is very interesting and you have to protect your partener to not be found because the pair of masons is hunted by wolves.
    Yeah, I decided to fail then knowingly rather than succumb later in some futile effort.

I really do hate it. This Meta nonsense, judging people if their reads slign... It's so low effort.

You should Flex (play your best ) because you want to, not because people expect you to and will mislynch you when you don't.

its not a good mindset to have in a game where you're judged based on your effort to find the bad guys
    (not like that mindset is good in general but)

also if michelle did not want to stay up late, she wouldnt sign up in the first place and i dont know why youre even bringing that up

8. ISO #2758
    Quote Originally Posted by catgode (#2755)
    people like to scumread people by quoting questionable stuff and pointing out "see they TRd scum there 100% associav" and its hard to get anyone convicted by mere "i believe theyre trying to do x" if you cant just point out actual bad posts and maybe that'll work
    Eh, biggest issue this game was having no red flip to work with for soooooo long. If you guys had flipped one of us early days there would have been more info to work with and town WIM would have been higher. NGL part of me wanted to hard bus tater on D1 because she could use her role from beyond the grave and I could've used the cred to go even deeper. But trying to play by numbers, it was better for us to be unified than try to rely on a deep wolf plan, and denying town a red flip is always great for scum because of what it does to morale.

9. ISO #2759
    Quote Originally Posted by catgode (#2757)
    Quote Originally Posted by PepperoniLover (#2756)

its not a good mindset to have in a game where you're judged based on your effort to find the bad guys
    (not like that mindset is good in general but)

also if michelle did not want to stay up late, she wouldnt sign up in the first place and i dont know why youre even bringing that up
    It's to illustrate that codependency is a disease lol.

10. ISO #2760
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Personality Cafe
    AKA
    Gnome, Gnomey
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    It's all right, @catgode. I am the one who should apologize. I played really badly and then, at the end, put more effort into writing my article than into playing. My article, which was about domestic violence, was emotionally draining, and I shed many tears. As a result, I lost all WIM that I could possibly have for the game, and I let town down.

I am very, very sorry, town.

11. ISO #2761
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Gnome (#2760)
    It's all right, @catgode. I am the one who should apologize. I played really badly and then, at the end, put more effort into writing my article than into playing. My article, which was about domestic violence, was emotionally draining, and I shed many tears. As a result, I lost all WIM that I could possibly have for the game, and I let town down.

that bogus claim was the final piece of the puzzle that made me doubt my reads. my first thought when el put the vote down was "so is gnome really scum and she just effed up that hard now?", and the second was "are el and gg s/s and theyre setting this up?"

second didnt have much sense, and first could not be cleared up by you, but by that point i just wanted the game to end without me and soneji voted soon after

12. ISO #2762
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#2758)
    Eh, biggest issue this game was having no red flip to work with for soooooo long. If you guys had flipped one of us early days there would have been more info to work with and town WIM would have been higher. NGL part of me wanted to hard bus tater on D1 because she could use her role from beyond the grave and I could've used the cred to go even deeper. But trying to play by numbers, it was better for us to be unified than try to rely on a deep wolf plan, and denying town a red flip is always great for scum because of what it does to morale.
    the real flips are in postgame, and the way you worded this shows how much of a scum you really are

13. ISO #2763
    Timezone
    Community
    AnimeBase

Grats for your article Gnomey that was really important, glad you put your emotion in it

14. ISO #2764

I don't think you should ever apologise for prioritising important RL stuff over the game. At the end of the day, it's just that; a game.

15. ISO #2765
    Timezone
    Community
    AnimeBase
    I wouldn't talk about morale when you posted your vote especially late, for me to not be able to play.
    This was dirty and shades your real performance who was really amazing.

16. ISO #2766
    Quote Originally Posted by catgode (#2762)
    the real flips are in postgame, and the way you worded this shows how much of a scum you really are
    TBH I don't actually like playing scum; I like being a villager (the vanilla, the better) because I like having a problem to solve.

But that doesn't mean I'm not going to do whatever I can to make it hard for town to win and give them a challenge. That's why we play, isn't it? For the challenge of solving a puzzle, testing ourselves against an unknown foe, and when scum, the challenge of survival against an uninformed majority trying their best to slip a noose around you neck.

And for trying my best despite being gutted that I randed scum after randing town the first time Jaleb started the game, I make no apologies.

17. ISO #2767
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle (#2765)
    I wouldn't talk about morale when you posted your vote especially late, for me to not be able to play.
    Soneji said catgode should vote first, so I was partially waiting for him to do that. Also I was out all evening at one of my dog agility sessions; I literally got home and started playing again the moment I stepped foot through the door, and yes, it was past my bedtime, too. Having hydra'd with me, and recently scummed with me, you should know that my activity in the evenings is very restricted, and there's a large chunk of time where I can't do much.

18. ISO #2768
    Timezone
    Community
    AnimeBase
    Just realised i was town in the first rand too

19. ISO #2769
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle (#2765)
    Yeah thst was huge red flag! I thought surely someone would notice the timing.

But in fairness game looks much different spectating then while playing

20. ISO #2770
    First scum rand was Gg Mama, Remember and myself

21. ISO #2771
    Quote Originally Posted by PepperoniLover (#2769)
    Yeah thst was huge red flag! I thought surely someone would notice the timing.

But in fairness game looks much different spectating then while playing
    I would've done the same thing if I was town. I had to go to bed, and I wasn't doing it without putting a vote down. Also I refuse to exhaust myself by getting up in the middle of the night to play, regardless of my alignment.

22. ISO #2772
    can i make an unfunny joke

viring post-nut clarity vs chad post-game clarity

23. ISO #2773
    Poor Marl got mislynched D1 twice. One within an hour of the other.

24. ISO #2774
    Timezone
    Community
    AnimeBase
    Quote Originally Posted by PepperoniLover (#2770)
    I could see you scum, and Mama btw scum again?

25. ISO #2775
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle (#2774)
    I could see you scum, and Mama btw scum again?
    Lol

Late game Michelle terrifies scum me. I would have killed you early

And yes Mama played newbie card perfectly, didn't over do it, didn't under do it.

Me I'd be bad for like a year.

26. ISO #2776
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    EpicMafia/DailyMafia
    AKA
    Onuzq
    Also for mr. Mod, Did you design El's possession ability to supercede investigation prior to game or did you make that call after?
    Before the game/order of operations on MU say kills happen before investigations.

27. ISO #2777
    Timezone
    Community
    EpicMafia/DailyMafia
    AKA
    Onuzq
    Also for mr. Mod, Did you design El's possession ability to supercede investigation prior to game or did you make that call after?
    Before the game/order of operations on MU say kills happen before investigations.
    More accurately, Tracks/Watches/Investigations are always the last actions to be processed.

28. ISO #2778
    Timezone
    Community
    My own mind
    AKA
    Mama, Tort, Torty
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#2735)
    Thanks Percy - I know you and Tater both had a lot going on IRL, but it was fun chatting with you in those few moments when our timezone activity overlapped!
    NGL, wolfchat was best when we were all on together. The one-on-one and solo times were rough.

29. ISO #2779
    Timezone
    Community
    My own mind
    AKA
    Mama, Tort, Torty
    Pronouns
    Also, I found it particularly hilarious that everyone kept saying maybe Grant was the disguiser because his profile picture is literally Martin Chatwin (my role, LMAO) from the show who
    El, close your ears
    Is the BEAST, the major bad guy, who wears a disguise through all of the 1st season and part of the second.

30. ISO #2780
    Timezone
    Community
    Personality Cafe
    AKA
    Gnome, Gnomey
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle (#2768)
    Just realised i was town in the first rand too
    I was scum in the first rand and was gleeful about my team!

31. ISO #2781
    Timezone
    Community
    Personality Cafe
    AKA
    Gnome, Gnomey
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    That looked like a super fun team to me!

32. ISO #2782
    Timezone
    Community
    Personality Cafe
    AKA
    Gnome, Gnomey
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#2766)
    Quote Originally Posted by catgode (#2762)
    TBH I don't actually like playing scum; I like being a villager (the vanilla, the better) because I like having a problem to solve.

But that doesn't mean I'm not going to do whatever I can to make it hard for town to win and give them a challenge. That's why we play, isn't it? For the challenge of solving a puzzle, testing ourselves against an unknown foe, and when scum, the challenge of survival against an uninformed majority trying their best to slip a noose around you neck.

And for trying my best despite being gutted that I randed scum after randing town the first time Jaleb started the game, I make no apologies.
    I like playing scum, TBH. I really am happy to have a team with whom I can discuss the game privately. But the reads! They are hard for me, regardless of alignment.

And I randed town after first randing scum.

33. ISO #2783
    Timezone
    Community
    Personality Cafe
    AKA
    Gnome, Gnomey
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by catgode (#2761)

that bogus claim was the final piece of the puzzle that made me doubt my reads. my first thought when el put the vote down was "so is gnome really scum and she just effed up that hard now?", and the second was "are el and gg s/s and theyre setting this up?"

second didnt have much sense, and first could not be cleared up by you, but by that point i just wanted the game to end without me and soneji voted soon after
    I will admit that I was ready for the game to end, and I came close to hammering myself, but that would have violated my wincon so... sigh.

34. ISO #2784
    Timezone
    Community
    Personality Cafe
    AKA
    Gnome, Gnomey
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle (#2763)

Grats for your article Gnomey that was really important, glad you put your emotion in it
    Thank you, Michelle. I put my whole heart into it. I hope that my article helps someone.

35. ISO #2785
    Timezone
    Community
    Personality Cafe
    AKA
    Gnome, Gnomey
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#2764)

I don't think you should ever apologise for prioritising important RL stuff over the game. At the end of the day, it's just that; a game.
    Thank you for your support!
    By the way, you played a great game! I did not scum read you until the end and, by that time, it was too late!!!

And, yes, it is just a game. I just really am not a fan of losing, lol.

36. ISO #2786
    Timezone
    Community
    Personality Cafe
    AKA
    Gnome, Gnomey
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    I picked up the newspaper and my article is in it! I got all of page three and part of another page. It looks great, and I am happy.

37. ISO #2787
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Gnome (#2786)
    I picked up the newspaper and my article is in it! I got all of page three and part of another page. It looks great, and I am happy.
    Congratulations! Your hard work paid off. That's gotta feel a million times better than a trivial game of mafia!

38. ISO #2788
    Timezone
    Community
    Personality Cafe
    AKA
    Gnome, Gnomey
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#2787)
    Congratulations! Your hard work paid off. That's gotta feel a million times better than a trivial game of mafia!

39. ISO #2789
    unlike you, i can say that the girl who got her article in the newspaper was on my team ;)

40. ISO #2790
    Quote Originally Posted by catgode (#2789)
    unlike you, i can say that the girl who got her article in the newspaper was on my team
    Unlike you, I can say that my team won

41. ISO #2791
    Timezone
    Community
    My own mind
    AKA
    Mama, Tort, Torty
    Pronouns
  42. ISO #2792
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#2790)
    unlike you, i can say that the girl who got her article in the newspaper was on my team ;)
    Unlike you, I can say that my team won ;) ;) ;)
    get lucky with night action and team vs have a talented person work hard on a paper
    rl > stupid game btw

43. ISO #2793
    Timezone
    Community
    Personality Cafe
    AKA
    Gnome, Gnomey
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#2790)
    unlike you, i can say that the girl who got her article in the newspaper was on my team
    Unlike you, I can say that my team won
    And I am still pocketed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

44. ISO #2794
    Timezone
    Community
    Personality Cafe
    AKA
    Gnome, Gnomey
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself