Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,350 of 2794

Thread: The Magicians 17p Role Madness

  1. ISO #2301
    Wants It More El-ahrairah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In Your Pocket
    Posts
    7,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#180)
    Maybe it’s me, but I am getting a sheeped by Mamatort ‘s tone and posting as for now.

    He seems Super genuine and pure, which gives very good vibes for a new player.
    Holy pocketing, Batman

  2. ISO #2302
    Wants It More El-ahrairah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In Your Pocket
    Posts
    7,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#183)
    Quote Originally Posted by PepperoniLover (#182)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#181)
    Maybe it’s me, the “fight” between perrrpin and .Mac is Super petty tbh and not very game contributing smh.

    They are pretty much shading each other for the sake of doing so . Smh smh smh
    I'm just trying to be mindful of my tone, not because Im scum, but because people I like others in here and like the overall atmosphere of this game.

    So I'll abide by that, or try to, although its not my natural inclination lol

    That would be awesome. This seem like a really friendly game as of now and I would like it preserve it as Long as possible.


    So far I have rather neutral feelings for everyone due to the sheer amount of rvs currently .

    Will be logging off soon
    Repeated approval of animals-shenanigans again makes us feel like rats were involved in this.

  3. ISO #2303
    Wants It More El-ahrairah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In Your Pocket
    Posts
    7,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#289)
    Quote Originally Posted by Percy (#260)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#256)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#224)
    You're not a bad player, but anyhow.

    I thought about this yesterday and I think that one thing that's bothering me about RVS is that I don't want to get started properly while I'm asleep (I'm European), because I'll lose a lot of time sleeping and imo d1 is the best day in the game.

    I would disagree tbh. I hate D1s in general aside from RVS. I thrive on information tbh, and it honestly gives me more help in analysing posts and players
    Greetings, @Angrypotato, my friend! I think it’s been some time since we last played? I trust you’ve been well? You say that you thrive on information - is there any information that you’ve happened upon so far that you’d care to share?

    I have learnt that this might be a very silent game.


    I have also learnt that snow is a absolute pain to have and so is all the role playing tbh. It’s exhausting to read
    Does a 180 on the animal shenanigans; likely that it's been dropped by rodent-aligned players by this point.

  4. ISO #2304
    Wants It More El-ahrairah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In Your Pocket
    Posts
    7,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#601)
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaTort (#568)
    Given the way I'm feeling about Flap now, and how close we are to end of day, I'm feeling kinda lost so I'm going to go with the majority for now.

    ##Unvote crazeeflapjack
    ##Vote Marluxion
    Ergh, this votes sucks on so many levels tbh
    From strong pocketing tone to calling a vote suck. Hmm. Need to check the vote history later to see if Mama was picking up any votes, could indicate possible attempt to push some heat onto her.

  5. ISO #2305
    Wants It More El-ahrairah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In Your Pocket
    Posts
    7,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#612)
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaTort (#608)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#601)
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaTort (#568)
    Given the way I'm feeling about Flap now, and how close we are to end of day, I'm feeling kinda lost so I'm going to go with the majority for now.

    ##Unvote crazeeflapjack
    ##Vote Marluxion
    Ergh, this votes sucks on so many levels tbh
    Sorry if you don't like my vote, I'm kinda lost. I suspect one person and then someone else comes along and blows a hole right in my thinking. So I switch and think someone else and that gets eaten too. I try to give my thoughts on the thread thus far after trying really hard to read through the posts and get told I'm scummy for agreeing with other peoples' scumhunting. I'm lost on who to vote for so I just figured I'd throw my hat on the wagon until I get a chance to get a better idea of where people stand and make up my own mind. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if I get night killed at this point.
    This explanation is so bad but also so lhf town at the same time.

    Here is the thing, I am at your spot nearly a year ago. One thing I learned is to stay firm in your ideas, because if you read hard enough, everyone will make sense one way or another. Right now I think you are being sheeped.


    Tell me Mama, who are your scum gut feelings
    This first sentence feels like an opportunistic shade, setting herself up some "progression" in case thread consensus starts to turn against Mama.

  6. ISO #2306
    Wants It More El-ahrairah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In Your Pocket
    Posts
    7,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#615)
    Tbh I am having a really meh feeling on Michelle due to the 2 walls she posted early in game.

    It’s just very lackluster and fluffy
    Ironically, so was Tater. This looks like shade on Michelle.

  7. ISO #2307
    Wants It More El-ahrairah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In Your Pocket
    Posts
    7,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#615)
    Tbh I am having a really meh feeling on Michelle due to the 2 walls she posted early in game.

    It’s just very lackluster and fluffy
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#643)
    Honestly , I want to vote between GG or Marl today tbh due to the emptiness of content in their ISO’s. I don’t think it’s a good look for either of them
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#632)
    Tbh I think Marl posting is just bad lmao, I don’t think its indicative of town or mafia due to the sheer fluffiness
    This is a weird series of posts. Calls Marv and Michelle "fluffy" but would then vote between GG and Marv, not Marv and Michelle? And the GG claim comes from nowhere.

  8. ISO #2308
    Wants It More El-ahrairah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In Your Pocket
    Posts
    7,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#644)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#643)
    Honestly , I want to vote between GG or Marl today tbh due to the emptiness of content in their ISO’s. I don’t think it’s a good look for either of them
    With that said, I might give Mich a pass because I think she is trying to gamesolve
    Eh. Weird disconnect with what she said about Michelle being fluffy.

  9. ISO #2309
    Wants It More El-ahrairah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In Your Pocket
    Posts
    7,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#652)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajot (#648)
    Quote Originally Posted by crazeeflapjack (#640)
    Both the kajot and tort votes on marl are bad and I'm considering a veto here.
    The vote is bad but is Marl town and why?
    It looks like a pile up from vote history . EL yours and Kajot are remarkedbly quick kn succession, which sets of alarm bells
    Shades both Kajot and we by implying our votes were co-ordinated in some way.

  10. ISO #2310
    Wants It More El-ahrairah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In Your Pocket
    Posts
    7,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#644)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#643)
    Honestly , I want to vote between GG or Marl today tbh due to the emptiness of content in their ISO’s. I don’t think it’s a good look for either of them
    With that said, I might give Mich a pass because I think she is trying to gamesolve
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#680)
    Will be staying to Eid based on current wagon feelings

    GG> Marl (or equals) > Michelle > Wisdom
    Michelle is gamesolving, but still second or third on Tater's lynch-list? We find this illogical.

  11. ISO #2311
    Wants It More El-ahrairah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In Your Pocket
    Posts
    7,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#696)
    Percy not voitng
    Odd callout while providing no opinion on his lack of vote - afraid to get her hands dirty?

  12. ISO #2312
    Wants It More El-ahrairah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In Your Pocket
    Posts
    7,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#735)
    I wonder who wrote the story tho. It has to have some meaning
    lol =°.°=

  13. ISO #2313
    Wants It More Garden Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    there
    Posts
    9,828
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Personality Cafe
    AKA
    Gnome, Gnomey
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#2280)
    Gnome, why didn't you protect Wisdom?
    I couldn't. Last night was the only night in which I had a killing, not a protective, role. I had to target a suspected scum. If that person performed the NK, that person would have died.

    I targeted Percy because there were questions about his alignment.

    He did not shoot anyone.

  14. ISO #2314
    Wants It More El-ahrairah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In Your Pocket
    Posts
    7,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#1014)
    I tr Wisdom yesterday but I really wonder why EL as 1- shot commuter won’t really use his power yesterday.

    The only reason I can give is probably that EL may feel that he is not Super town enough to warrent a commute


    Also
    Does commuter escape factional kill?
    If so, I would suggest EL to commute today if possible since after reading the wiki, Penny appear more town aligned than mafia aligned
    Tries to simultaneously cast doubt on us and look like she's trying to solve us while attempting to dictate our night action. Possible she was trying to fish for further information about our commute, to determine if we'd actually used it and could be NK'd

  15. ISO #2315
    Wants It More El-ahrairah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In Your Pocket
    Posts
    7,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#1019)
    Figuring out Mama tort is hard tbh as you have to put in all the nuances of him being a relatively new player.

    Personally, I tend to think Mama’s posting as towny. He seem to vibe a lot of the LAMIST like posts and pure postings newer town players tend to generate .

    I am particularly brought by all the Ageing Mama has been sprouting honestly. I might be biased but I am a big sucker for emotional posts

    His relative confusedness also understandable I Guess, since that is often seen in newer player as well.
    More pocketing - seems to come out of nowhere? Need to check what was being said about Mama at this time. Also weird that she refers to Mamatort as 'he'

  16. ISO #2316
    Wants It More El-ahrairah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In Your Pocket
    Posts
    7,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaleb (#702)
    Mechanic:
    Mafia's KP is not assigned to a member of the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Gnome (#2313)
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#2280)
    Gnome, why didn't you protect Wisdom?
    I couldn't. Last night was the only night in which I had a killing, not a protective, role. I had to target a suspected scum. If that person performed the NK, that person would have died.

    I targeted Percy because there were questions about his alignment.

    He did not shoot anyone.
    So, just to get this right, you are a JoAT with 3 different protection abilities that you used on previous nights AND a killing ability which can kill whichever rodent carried out the NK EVEN THOUGH THE NK IS UNASSIGNED????


  17. ISO #2317
    Wants It More El-ahrairah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In Your Pocket
    Posts
    7,930
    We're going to hold off on flooding the thread with the rest of Tater posts for now, so we can all reflect on this new information.

  18. ISO #2318
    Wants It More El-ahrairah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In Your Pocket
    Posts
    7,930
    And to ensure the tumbleweeds rolling across the thread have no obstacles.

  19. ISO #2319
    Wants It More El-ahrairah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In Your Pocket
    Posts
    7,930
    @Soneji

    When a player dies, do you hear ALL their prayers, or just the one they made the night before?

    What was Tater's last prayer?

  20. ISO #2320
    Wants It More El-ahrairah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In Your Pocket
    Posts
    7,930
    Thanks to being poor now we've had to cancel our evening activity for tonight, we we'll take a look at early D1 animal shenanigans when we get home, to see exactly who as involved and how it could relate to Tater's changing opinion on the subject.

  21. ISO #2321
    Wants It More Garden Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    there
    Posts
    9,828
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Personality Cafe
    AKA
    Gnome, Gnomey
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#2316)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaleb (#702)
    Mechanic:
    Mafia's KP is not assigned to a member of the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Gnome (#2313)
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#2280)
    Gnome, why didn't you protect Wisdom?
    I couldn't. Last night was the only night in which I had a killing, not a protective, role. I had to target a suspected scum. If that person performed the NK, that person would have died.

    I targeted Percy because there were questions about his alignment.

    He did not shoot anyone.
    So, just to get this right, you are a JoAT with 3 different protection abilities that you used on previous nights AND a killing ability which can kill whichever rodent carried out the NK EVEN THOUGH THE NK IS UNASSIGNED????

    You are right to doubt. I did not understand my role for last night so I went about it incorrectly.

  22. ISO #2322
    Wants It More El-ahrairah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In Your Pocket
    Posts
    7,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Gnome (#2321)
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#2316)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaleb (#702)
    Mechanic:
    Mafia's KP is not assigned to a member of the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Gnome (#2313)
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#2280)
    Gnome, why didn't you protect Wisdom?
    I couldn't. Last night was the only night in which I had a killing, not a protective, role. I had to target a suspected scum. If that person performed the NK, that person would have died.

    I targeted Percy because there were questions about his alignment.

    He did not shoot anyone.
    So, just to get this right, you are a JoAT with 3 different protection abilities that you used on previous nights AND a killing ability which can kill whichever rodent carried out the NK EVEN THOUGH THE NK IS UNASSIGNED????

    You are right to doubt. I did not understand my role for last night so I went about it incorrectly.
    Quite the common claim, we thinks.

  23. ISO #2323
    Wants It More El-ahrairah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In Your Pocket
    Posts
    7,930
    Quote Originally Posted by crazeeflapjack (#273)
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#271)
    Quote Originally Posted by crazeeflapjack (#268)
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#244)
    We will quote the words of one more eloquent than we.

    Choosing to lynch someone because they are doing something that you don't like but that is within the rules is not actively working toward your win condition. You are choosing to lynch someone other than the player you think is acting most like mafia.

    And also point out, with regards to the bolded, that there are many ways to hunt rats, some more obvious than others.
    This is an awful post. It's not about whether someone "likes" scumhunting or not. It's that wolves can't out all the scum and win whereas town can.
    Of course it's not about whether someone "likes" scumhunting.

    It's about whether someone dislikes roleplaying so much that they take a policy approach to it, and whether we believe Wisdom's claim comes from a place of Towncat or Rodent mindset.

    Right now we're leaning towards the latter.
    They've got a point that you've got a lot more flavor posting than content
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#289)
    Quote Originally Posted by Percy (#260)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#256)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#224)
    You're not a bad player, but anyhow.

    I thought about this yesterday and I think that one thing that's bothering me about RVS is that I don't want to get started properly while I'm asleep (I'm European), because I'll lose a lot of time sleeping and imo d1 is the best day in the game.

    I would disagree tbh. I hate D1s in general aside from RVS. I thrive on information tbh, and it honestly gives me more help in analysing posts and players
    Greetings, @Angrypotato, my friend! I think it’s been some time since we last played? I trust you’ve been well? You say that you thrive on information - is there any information that you’ve happened upon so far that you’d care to share?

    I have learnt that this might be a very silent game.


    I have also learnt that snow is a absolute pain to have and so is all the role playing tbh. It’s exhausting to read
    In hindsight, we believe this claim by Tater that the roleplaying is 'exhausting' is a piggyback off crazee's post @ us, probably to try to get crazee to focus on us and our style more. Agreeing without directly agreeing.

  24. ISO #2324
    Wants It More El-ahrairah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In Your Pocket
    Posts
    7,930
    It's possible she was still trying to cast doubt on anyone involved in animal shenanigans, but given relative time between these two posts, we think it more an attempt to cast further shade on us.

  25. ISO #2325
    Furry Collective Keeper of the Swans Michelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    7,193
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    AnimeBase
    Gender
    I was afrraid this would be a dead end because all scum gave up on deffending Potato.
    Her Iso is kinda empty.
    Nice is the reason of TR she received during the game, your friend Percyval was quite vocal about that, El...

    Almost 9 pm, rl stuff to do, i'll pop in later maybe or in the morning.

    My soul says Percy. My brain says to think twice.

  26. ISO #2326
    Furry Collective Keeper of the Swans Michelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    7,193
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    AnimeBase
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#2324)
    It's possible she was still trying to cast doubt on anyone involved in animal shenanigans, but given relative time between these two posts, we think it more an attempt to cast further shade on us.
    Yes i found my inner scum meter vibrating at that post since the first time i read it. I know you love to play with words and if she would be your scum mate she would at least let you enjoy it.
    I think this may be an idea.

  27. ISO #2327
    Automatic Game Mod Mafia Host's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    189,972
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Magicians Day 5 Votecount

    Town must not lynch incorrectly today.

    Votes are locked. Your first vote is final.

    Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    7 Not voting Garden Gnome (2), MamaTort (3), Percy (0), catgode (2), El-ahrairah (30), Michelle (9), Soneji (0)

    View Vote History

    End day at majority is enabled. With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to reach majority.

    Day 5 ends at 9:00 PM EST on Wednesday, January 15th, 2020. There are 1579140060000 remaining.

  28. ISO #2328
    Furry Collective Keeper of the Swans Michelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    7,193
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    AnimeBase
    Gender
    @ me to find easier the post please

  29. ISO #2329
    Wants It More El-ahrairah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In Your Pocket
    Posts
    7,930
    We'll continue with the Tater ISO tomorrow, before then we'd like everyone to check in and give thoughts plus any action results from last night.

    Namely from Percy and Mamatort - and catgode. We think he said he was a 1-shot pawsoner but it seems lying about your role is the new "in" thing, so who knows, maybe he'll turn out to be a 1-shot pawsoner with two roleblocks, three investigates and a vig shot.

    Also we want to hear Soneji's response to the question we pinged him earlier. We're gonna watch a couple of episodes of Bing Bang Theory then get an early night - we have to be at work early tomorrow for the Catmissioner's visit. =>.<=

  30. ISO #2330
    Thread Analyst MamaTort's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Middle of nowhere, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    339
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    My own mind
    AKA
    Mama, Tort, Torty
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Note to self: multitabling during busy week is a dumbass move.

    Sorry I have not been attentive. I will do ISOs before EoD and give my reads.

  31. ISO #2331
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#2329)
    We'll continue with the Tater ISO tomorrow, before then we'd like everyone to check in and give thoughts plus any action results from last night.

    Namely from Percy and Mamatort - and catgode. We think he said he was a 1-shot pawsoner but it seems lying about your role is the new "in" thing, so who knows, maybe he'll turn out to be a 1-shot pawsoner with two roleblocks, three investigates and a vig shot.

    Also we want to hear Soneji's response to the question we pinged him earlier. We're gonna watch a couple of episodes of Bing Bang Theory then get an early night - we have to be at work early tomorrow for the Catmissioner's visit. =>.<=
    my head hurts and i received 0 pms about suddenly getting hyperpowered because my gf died or something

  32. ISO #2332
    Thread Analyst MamaTort's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Middle of nowhere, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    339
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    My own mind
    AKA
    Mama, Tort, Torty
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by catgode (#2331)
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#2329)
    We'll continue with the Tater ISO tomorrow, before then we'd like everyone to check in and give thoughts plus any action results from last night.

    Namely from Percy and Mamatort - and catgode. We think he said he was a 1-shot pawsoner but it seems lying about your role is the new "in" thing, so who knows, maybe he'll turn out to be a 1-shot pawsoner with two roleblocks, three investigates and a vig shot.

    Also we want to hear Soneji's response to the question we pinged him earlier. We're gonna watch a couple of episodes of Bing Bang Theory then get an early night - we have to be at work early tomorrow for the Catmissioner's visit. =>.<=
    my head hurts and i received 0 pms about suddenly getting hyperpowered because my gf died or something
    I had to read that like 4 times before I realize you were referring to the myc in Wisdom's head thing. I seriously thought you were saying something like your IRL gf died and I was like "damn." I know I have been accused of reading too much into the flavor here, but TBH, Pete would never get that kind of PM, he has no gf because he straight up ditches people when the $#@! hits the fan. He's a coward and abandons people when they need him most. He left Victoria to The Beast. He left Quin, Alice, Margo, Eliot, and Penny to The Beast and Alice died. I would never want Pete on my team in a pinch.

  33. ISO #2333
    Thread Analyst MamaTort's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Middle of nowhere, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    339
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    My own mind
    AKA
    Mama, Tort, Torty
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    I'm home now, gonna go do some ISOing.

  34. ISO #2334
    Thread Analyst MamaTort's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Middle of nowhere, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    339
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    My own mind
    AKA
    Mama, Tort, Torty
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    I did not make it as far as I had hoped with ISOs tonight. I don't have much experience with the LyLo stage (one game's worth if I'm being honest). In the other games I played, I relied on voting patterns, my notes, and discrepancies between posts but the site mechanics were different (nonexistent). When I look for those here, I see varying degrees of SR in everyone, including myself. I am tryinig to use El's ISO of Potato as an example of how to do it. Then I question my reads because I feel like I'm focusing too much on the semantics and that seems stupid.

    All that to say, I'm frustrated because I'm not managig to get any solid reads, just gut feelings. Right now, everyone reads some degree of both red and green to me and with El being the only one posting, it's not that easy to have interactions to help with finding another scum.

    At this point, my TR/SR gradient is as follows, keeping in mind that, like I said, I can see both green and red in each player's posts and, honestly, the only reason GG is as high as she is on the list is because of the announcement, otherwise I'd put her somewhere around El or Michelle.

    Garden Gnome
    Soneji
    El-ahrairah
    Michelle
    Percy
    catgode

    I am not confident enough in any of these reads to vote though. I'll keep trying to ISO, but if anyone has any tips or pointers, I'd love to hear em.

    Sorry to come off so whiny, it's late and I am exhausted.

  35. ISO #2335
    Furry Collective Keeper of the Swans Michelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    7,193
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    AnimeBase
    Gender
    being tired is understandable no matter AI.

    Morning everyone!

    Our vote today is the most important of the game 'till now. Because we have again to lynch scum.

    I am going to reread from page 1

  36. ISO #2336
    Furry Collective Keeper of the Swans Michelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    7,193
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    AnimeBase
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaTort (#2334)
    with El being the only one posting,
    this is not quite true.
    And one of the zero posters is your top town read btw so this criteria are not so impressing for you isn't it?

  37. ISO #2337
    Furry Collective Keeper of the Swans Michelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    7,193
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    AnimeBase
    Gender
    @catgode take a pain killer for your head and move your WIM here. Much appreciate!

  38. ISO #2338
    Soul Reader Soneji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    1,404
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Narutoforums
    AKA
    WolfPrinceKouga, WPK
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#2319)
    @Soneji

    When a player dies, do you hear ALL their prayers, or just the one they made the night before?

    What was Tater's last prayer?
    I only get the prayers of people who are night killed, didn't express this as well as I could have in my full on role claim but here's my first claim on my ability that is the most accurate to the exact mechanics :

    Quote Originally Posted by Soneji (#1794)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#1788)
    Also he ask @Soneji what I (Wisdom) prayed tonight.
    No idea, I only get to know the prayers of those that die, randomized if more than one death that night. remember prayed for a cop check on Kajot n1.
    myc prayed that nobody died that night

    Gypsum didn't send a prayer, at least not one I could read whatever that means

    Wisdom I didn't receive any prayer for

  39. ISO #2339
    Soul Reader Soneji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    1,404
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Narutoforums
    AKA
    WolfPrinceKouga, WPK
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Michelle I'll get to my MamaTort ISO, but my first priority is a full readthrough of the game to analyze all interactions around/regarding AP. So be patient, and hopefully you'll be able to see MamaTort as town since AP's flip 99% spews them town based off interactions.

  40. ISO #2340
    Furry Collective Keeper of the Swans Michelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    7,193
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    AnimeBase
    Gender
    Day's one first page except El's posts who will have a distinct Iso from me because of his role play if i have time.
    Please forgive the wall.

    Quote Originally Posted by catgode (#21)
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#20)
    Quote Originally Posted by catgode (#18)
    ##Vote El-ahrairah for trying to derail the flavor from magic into cats
    i see the connection but the host's will is the ultimate will and can not be challenged
    That's an interesting thing you just did there, catgode.
    nice dodge
    Let's see.. it's impossible if Catgode is mafia and El villager that Catgode will not accept a Cat added role play to the game. Conform to my logic I think after this change of replies that El-Kat and Catgode cannot be wolves together. It's like AP with El not wolf together because of role playing disapproval from Potato.
    Because a cat flavour is beneficial for any cat and Cat should first be pockety at this.
    Quote Originally Posted by catgode (#31)
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#23)
    Quote Originally Posted by catgode (#21)
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#20)
    That's an interesting thing you just did there, catgode.
    nice dodge
    Why thank you! We trained with the ancient Pawmonks of Furball Monastery; we can dodge a divebombing sparrowhawk! It comes in handy too when battling nimble ratses. And gerbils. Especially gerbils, the most agile of the rodent horde.
    ##Unvote El-ahrairah
    we will either be the unseparable allies or the most bloodthirsty enemies.
    This is v/w or w/v or v/v.
    Quote Originally Posted by catgode (#34)
    @MamaTort

    https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/9256

    read this, don't flake, play the game, and you're fine
    he is helpful towards a new player in the site. Looks good.
    Once upon a time i did something similar and wolves wanted to lynch me as Lamist. But because I am usually a helpful person, this is a good look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Gnome (#59)
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#11)
    Hello my my fine, furry friends. There are several things you should know about cats =°.°=

    First, we cats enjoy our sleep. We laugh meowfully at such things as "end of the day" and do not participate in them at all. Instead, we spend our time dreaming of mices, and how we catch the mices and eats them, even their ticklish whiskers.

    Second, we hates all rodents, be they mices or ratses or lemmingses or capybarases. It is our life's goal to catch as many rodents as possible, so that we may level up and increase our magical catskills. One day we even hope to feast on the Rat King himself.

    Third, we apparently speak in the third person! We did not realise this until now! We find this amusing.

    Fourth, never touch the tail. Ears, fine. Whiskers, whatever. Tummy, tickle it. But don't touch the tail.

    See you all in the back alleys!


    Do you like a belly rub as much as a dog?
    GG comes itt and she is all fluff and receives from me a green lean.
    To notice a pockety attitude towards the furry creatures, but this is not necessarily wolfish per se.
    Accusing GG of wolfing here is impossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Gnome (#61)
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#15)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle (#13)
    *gentley pats El on shoulder wagging tail

    are you a tamed cat?
    Once upon a time, we were a house cat, owned by a little girl who fed us sardines for breakfast every morning and offered us bowls of milk to lap up.

    But then our little girl was attacked by wild rats, so we swore an oath of vengeance and ran away to the forest where we became learned in the ways of nyan-stealth and catsassination. We still like sardines, but we wouldn't call ourselves tamed anymore. We wouldn't want anybody to become responsible forever for us.

    *Winds around Michelle's legs and purrs*

    You smell like catnip. Give us a sniff; go on, we can handle it.


    Here is some cat food and water. It will keep your coat shiny and will supplement your diet of bad mice.
    Gnome knows how to treat animals, she has good heart
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Gnome (#62)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#60)
    All right, can someone more experienced than me tell me whether a rvs as long and strong as this is indicative for being controled by town or by scum?
    I don't know if this means anything besides the players having fun before we need to get serious about scum hunting.
    I liked this post. Is like let the kids play before doing their homework.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Gnome (#64)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle (#29)
    fun fact, now Mich-El are a dog and a cat.
    You are voting just the cat, what will you do with the dog? asking from curiosity >.>
    A nice bone will be great for a friendly dog! Also a belly rub! And a rub behind the ears.
    a cat would purrr, a dog will make from it's tail a large fan. Is AI? i doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Gnome (#66)
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#63)
    Quote Originally Posted by PepperoniLover (#58)
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#56)
    Your name sounds familiar, nyan. Have we hunted rodents together before?
    I showed up in the cupcake scum discord to congratulate you all and check out the scum stylings displayed therein


    #stalker much
    Ahh, we remember now!

    But nobody stalks as well as a cat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Gnome (#59)
    Do you like a belly rub as much as a dog?
    Nobody likes a belly rub as much as a dog. But on a scale of one to ten, where one is lazily batting a ball of yarn, and ten is going out for a night on the streets after eating a load of catnip then waking up the next morning in a puddle of our own furballs with no recollection of what happened the night before except a vague feeling that it was a really good night, belly rubs are about a four.
    All right. Well, here is a toy mouse for you to play with! And a ball of yarn!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Gnome (#69)
    Quote Originally Posted by PepperoniLover (#55)
    OK I'm a sloth, because I'm slow

    And in reality I am nature's most prolific procrastinator
    Me, too. Shall we discuss that tomorrow?
    To note that she doesn't want the chatty and RVS phase to end soon. Gnome can talk about role play but not about the game...
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaTort (#70)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#60)
    All right, can someone more experienced than me tell me whether a rvs as long and strong as this is indicative for being controled by town or by scum?
    Haha, I was wondering the same thing!
    Now that we know that Wisdom was pissed by the long pleasantries as town motivated, i want to see who shades her.
    Not Mama. So far is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Gnome (#71)
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#68)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Gnome (#66)
    All right. Well, here is a toy mouse for you to play with! And a ball of yarn!
    *Can die happy*
    *pets cat*
    Gnome doesn't answer at Wisdom in this page (or maybe she ignores the post, we'll see) and continues the RP.
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaTort (#74)
    Quote Originally Posted by myc (#73)
    well kinda bored, time to throw them darts

    town-core: tortoise, chameleon
    towny: dog, Wisdom
    scummy: cat, Gnome, Pepperoni
    Oof, newb brain hurts... can you translate those into player names for me, please?
    Either Mama wasn't very connected with the thread or something was confusing, she asked myc who posted reads first in the game to "translate" them.
    There no connection between bein new player and the role play in this game's start.
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaTort (#85)
    Quote Originally Posted by remember (#83)
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaTort (#70)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#60)
    All right, can someone more experienced than me tell me whether a rvs as long and strong as this is indicative for being controled by town or by scum?
    Haha, I was wondering the same thing!
    really? why do you find it AI?
    I don't know that I find it AI, I was more referring to the question of whether this is normal or not for this site. The question is a good one though, does this sort of RVS indicate a particular read to anyone?
    Mama is not answering at the question. She doesn't know how to say if it's AI or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaTort (#86)
    Quote Originally Posted by remember (#80)
    Quote Originally Posted by catgode (#18)
    ##Vote El-ahrairah for trying to derail the flavor from magic into cats
    i see the connection but the host's will is the ultimate will and can not be challenged
    ##Vote El-ahrairah
    Quote Originally Posted by remember (#84)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#75)
    Could we at least get the strat talk out of the way? Which PR can we expect to be/not be in this game? It's a new setup for me so I'm just expecting it to work like a d6, since that’s kinda balanced.
    we know zip besides our own role PMs, and id rather not initiate a mass, so this is useless fluff. if you want to scumhunt why spitball about the setup aimlessly?


    You say you don't want to initiate a mass but also jumped right on a bandwagon... in my (albeit limited) experience, the only people who are that certain on D1 are scum. Now, I realize I could be reading this wrong and not sure what you mean by "mass" so clarification is certainly welcome.
    Giving the fact Remember is town this is a shade and a backtracking all in one.
    Noticed the way of talking, Mama is the kind of player who knows how to put questions. I can explain now why I had the impression she is not noob.
    Why she needs to explain her experience is limited?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Gnome (#91)
    Quote Originally Posted by myc (#73)
    well kinda bored, time to throw them darts

    town-core: tortoise, chameleon
    towny: dog, Wisdom
    scummy: cat, Gnome, Pepperoni
    Next time you throw darts, could you please open your eyes?
    This is funny from GG and i liked it.
    Now i see that as a counter for the SR, and doesn't look anymore jokey. Like she dropped the play tone and became serious?
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaTort (#93)
    Quote Originally Posted by remember (#80)
    what gives you the impression that i'm certain about by vote, mama?
    I can't quite explain it, but it has to do with how fast you jumped on that wagon and then made a bunch of other posts within a 4-minute time span, quoting people but not actually giving your own reads. I know that I, personally, am holding off on voting until I get a feel for people and some kind of read on them. That could be your playstyle though, so if I'm totally way off, I apologize.
    Mama looks like judging Remember after her own playstyle, instead asking him first about reasons and whatnot. Kind of hasty.
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaTort (#96)
    I'm not confident of anything yet except for my own role.
    Why to say this on the first page after Remember said it already in the quoted post? Like she catched the idea and reposted it because sounds good.
    Quote Originally Posted by catgode (#97)
    @Wisdom ive seen longer RVSes to be honest. at least i believe i did.

    @remember im not making any tells on el-ah based on those posts, at least at this very moment. still trying to get into the mood, feel around the game.

    @myc - nicknaming a player without "cat" in their name as "cat" when im present sounds like a recipe for a misunderstanding disaster
    Catgode points out common sense here
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaTort (#99)
    Also... is there a link to an acronym guide? I'm not sure what some of the terms people are using are.
    we didn't use so many acronyms iirc, isn't this a way to show she is alone under the sun?

    tl;dr
    nothing changed...
    Mama's playstyle is soft and well worded but i don't see that consistency you killed me with.
    Maybe i am just idiot.

    Catgode was genuine and didn't shade anyone.

    El is so like himself in this role play.

    Gnome fluffed and put myc in the corner with not disciplined fellows.

  41. ISO #2341
    Soul Reader Soneji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    1,404
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Narutoforums
    AKA
    WolfPrinceKouga, WPK
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#2227)
    Alright, here is a summary of our thoughts from the ISOs we managed to do today, as best we can remember them.

    Soneji
    We started with Soneji because he has been one of the hardest for us to read. We can see elements of both his Towncats play and his Ratty play in this game, so our meta on him may be hindering us more than helping us here. Overall, Soneji has a "nice" game here. What we mean by 'nice' is that it feels... well... polished. A number of his early posts offer criticism that we can agree with, however, the criticism doesn't feel like it comes from a place of ignorance, or that Soneji is trying particularly hard to figure out the mindsets of the people he criticises. This can be seen in his responses to Wisdom and Pepperoni on D1, which feel more like a performance than an attempt to discern alignment. One of the things that pinged us most strongly was his response in p#459 to Marv's p#203. Marv offers a positive opinion of Wisdom, myc, Gypsum and Remember, and Soneji is very quick to cast doubt on it. Although we don't know Wisdom's alignment for sure, the other three we know are town, so this shoot-down of Marv, in hindsight, looks like Towncoreus Interruptus. Another thing that makes us skeptical is Soneji's swift acceptance of the Rodent/Rat idea we put forth at the start of the game. A subtle attempt to pocket us, in a "look, I'm buying into your worldview" style of flavour-posting. This, after several players had expressed annoyance at our penchant for being a cat and hunting rats, is quite a stark contrast. Finally, his suspicion of Percy feels opportunistic. Anybody who has ever played with Percy knows he is not a huge content generator, and that often, what content is generated is often padded heavily with fluff.
    We have played somewhat recently with towncats!Soneji and at times found him annoying and irritating because he didn't care what anybody thought of him. That same carefree Soneji is not one we recognise in this game, and it feels more like he's trying to say the right things while not rocking the boat too much.
    We would lynch him today.
    That people think my criticisms in my walls don't seem to have purpose is common, even more so when I'm town when I don't aim to make them sound more reasonable as I do when I'm scum. I'm quite sure you've posted this exact same read on my style in other games when we were both town, and obviously were wrong as you've always been about my alignment when town. As for Marv, getting pinged by people giving away townreads like candy is standard for me because I see it as an easy way to try and pocket, I want explanations for any read, especially when given out for supporting the lynch of one of my townreads(yourself). The whole rat/cat thing you're trying to use to act as if I'm trying to pocket you is just hammering a "no fun for Soneji" sign into the ground, and it's a spin to act as if people were only against it when others adopted it even before I did. You thought I was attempting to pocket you in d6 as well, and were wrong there.

    As for my push on Percy, that you call it opportunistic while also saying I'm not trying to rock the boat is frankly laughable. Going after Percy is the definition of rocking the boat, and I've continued to rock it to this day despite the bad reception my read on him has got. Percy even unfreezes Batman's cold heart, yet you think me going aggressive on him is not rocking the boat? I don't believe that's a real opinion one can have. I also don't think your viewpoint on how I acted in the November d6 Light game here is real either, or that you just have a bad memory. Let me jog it for you :


    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#566)
    NGL I can see Percy protecting John, because John is a very vocal and pushy player who, if town, wolves would want to get rid of. I think if it wasn't me he protected then John is the next most likely, because I think the others pose less of a threat and would not have been as high a priority NK.

    but that's just my take and it doesn't take into account the wolves could've been PR hunting.

    I'm gonna call John my towncore though (again).
    Quote Originally Posted by Soneji (#567)
    Why assume he protected someone on the off wagon, rather than one that just lynched mafia, or laughably the coward off on a vanity wagon when his supposed townread was on the chopping block?
    Quote Originally Posted by Soneji (#711)
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#674)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soneji (#645)
    ##Vote Capage

    I like this more than a Michael lynch as at least he's had posts I got a townie vibe from, Capage has felt slimy from his entrance. His lynch would be more telling of JC's and El's alignment than a Michael lynch too, and despite common sentiment I very much distrust the both of them right now.
    Can you outline why you distrust myself and John , other than the fact that neither of us wanted to vote Luca?
    That is a big fact to be excluding. For you it's not just that you didn't vote Luca, it's that you called us dumb essentially for even scumreading him yet were off on your vanity wagon instead of voting Michael to save your town read Luca. I consider that cowardice, which is a scum trait. While John is right that he didn't directly oppose the Luca wagon, he did cause a fuss about it dispersing the Zerro wagon and specifically FoS'd my transition onto Luca. He also was a cheerleader for your own townread of Luca and presented it like, "Hey guys largely townread and good player El is against this!" :

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCarter (#449)
    Ok, well El likes Luca. There you go

    Hey El, anything you can verbalise about those bad vibes on Capage? i'm not feeling them my dood. don't waste a post just for that though!

    In general it seems like JC is trying to mislynch me but realizes he doesn't have the backing. His suspicion on my transition from Zerro to Luca felt fake given that I was transitioning from one top scum read to another after a good interaction with the former, with a couple sentences backing it up i.e. standard vote change justification but to him it's supposedly "forced" and "awkward"(especially love this when considering my own dismissal of JC's townread of Luca in my wall). It was all too easy for me to hard predict that when JC talked about a third wagon option he wouldn't name at the time he meant me, and I was right. His trying to level with me just felt like creating good PR then anything genuine.

    As for yourself El, you have avoided me this entire game which is incredibly odd. You have only really said to have suspicions of me because you think I am trying to pocket you, yet even today you have me quite low on your reads list with zero attempts to engage me. My move onto Luca was the start of the major swing there, do you still have me so low just of a suspected pocket attempt? Do you think I bussed Luca, and if so what in my posts leads you to that thought?

    You have only directly quoted me twice this game, once to ask why I voted JC this phase and this time. You have only addressed me outside of quoting in the talks of pocketing and to tag me about my thoughts on Michael.
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#721)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soneji (#711)
    That is a big fact to be excluding. For you it's not just that you didn't vote Luca, it's that you called us dumb essentially for even scumreading him...
    Actually I called you turnips, which are the most intelligent of all the vegetables. If I was calling you dumb I would've called you potatoes.

    ...yet were off on your vanity wagon instead of voting Michael to save your town read Luca.
    It wasn't a vanity wagon to me. I literally explained how I wanted to know whether hollowkatt's space-time-coninuum-breaking cheerleading of my vote on Zorro was because he was scum, and I hoped that enough people saw my case and agreed that it was hella suspicious and worth resolving.

    EoD is at 2am for me, which is always bad in games like this and is one of the reason I told myself I wouldn't play games which weren't Euro-friendly anymore (I signed up to this one to play with @Percy ... booooo ) so what I have to do some 3 or 4 hours before any given EoD is weigh up whether I think my main suspect has a chance of being lynched if they're not currently a main wagon, and if so, keep my vote on them, and if not, move my vote somewhere else. Sometimes, it works, like in a game where I left my vote on scum!Underking and enough townies saw the light to move there before EoD. Sometimes it doesn't work. I'd hoped that somebody would start a CFD on hollowkatt, but they didn't. If EoD had been at 10pm GMT instead of 2am and hollowkatt had no chance of being lynched then I would absolutely have moved my vote to Michael because I would've actually been here to do it.

    I consider that cowardice, which is a scum trait.
    I call it "being asleep at 2am" but you do you.

    While John is right that he didn't directly oppose the Luca wagon, he did cause a fuss about it dispersing the Zerro wagon and specifically FoS'd my transition onto Luca. He also was a cheerleader for your own townread of Luca and presented it like, "Hey guys largely townread and good player El is against this!" :

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCarter (#449)
    Ok, well El likes Luca. There you go

    Hey El, anything you can verbalise about those bad vibes on Capage? i'm not feeling them my dood. don't waste a post just for that though!
    That read to me more like "yay, El and I are on the same wavelength, consume some alcohol!"

    As for yourself El, you have avoided me this entire game which is incredibly odd. You have only really said to have suspicions of me because you think I am trying to pocket you, yet even today you have me quite low on your reads list with zero attempts to engage me. My move onto Luca was the start of the major swing there, do you still have me so low just of a suspected pocket attempt? Do you think I bussed Luca, and if so what in my posts leads you to that thought?

    You have only directly quoted me twice this game, once to ask why I voted JC this phase and this time. You have only addressed me outside of quoting in the talks of pocketing and to tag me about my thoughts on Michael.
    Dude, until now, we've hardly ever been online at the same time. You may or may not have noticed that I like to real-time. A lot. I also haven't interacted with/spoken about DS much (apart from questioning his vote on Zorro), and didn't interact with Percy much before his untimely death, so please don't feel singled out by my lack of attention or think that it's all about you; it's not. It's about whoever's around at the time, and you simply haven't been around at my times.

    For the record, "my times" are 8am - 6pm GMT, if you'd like to make yourself available I will happily lavish attention onto you like a venus-flytrap keeper offering delicious dead fly morsels to their prized plant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soneji (#722)
    I noticed you avoided giving reasons why I'm so low on your reads list.
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#723)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soneji (#722)
    I noticed you avoided giving reasons why I'm so low on your reads list.
    Because a LOT of other players are considerably higher?

    Nothing you've done has seemed overly townie to me, and nothing you've done has seemed overly scummy. It's a PoE, and while some players are out of it, you're not there yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soneji (#728)
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#723)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soneji (#722)
    I noticed you avoided giving reasons why I'm so low on your reads list.
    Because a LOT of other players are considerably higher?

    Nothing you've done has seemed overly townie to me, and nothing you've done has seemed overly scummy. It's a PoE, and while some players are out of it, you're not there yet.
    So you can't come up with a good reason I'm in a category and below "bad, bad vibes" Capage? Got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#730)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soneji (#728)
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#723)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soneji (#722)
    I noticed you avoided giving reasons why I'm so low on your reads list.
    Because a LOT of other players are considerably higher?

    Nothing you've done has seemed overly townie to me, and nothing you've done has seemed overly scummy. It's a PoE, and while some players are out of it, you're not there yet.
    So you can't come up with a good reason I'm in a category and below "bad, bad vibes" Capage? Got it.
    Do you understand what PoE is?

    You're not below Cap, you're in the same category and each category was listed alphabetically because that's how the players are listed when you use the list player function. If I had to sort you, you would be above Cap, but yknow... alphabet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soneji (#731)
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#730)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soneji (#728)
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#723)
    Because a LOT of other players are considerably higher?

    Nothing you've done has seemed overly townie to me, and nothing you've done has seemed overly scummy. It's a PoE, and while some players are out of it, you're not there yet.
    So you can't come up with a good reason I'm in a category and below "bad, bad vibes" Capage? Got it.
    Do you understand what PoE is?

    You're not below Cap, you're in the same category and each category was listed alphabetically because that's how the players are listed when you use the list player function. If I had to sort you, you would be above Cap, but yknow... alphabet.
    I understand what PoE is, I'm just saying yours is pretty bad



    I basically tunneled onto JC in part because I'm very paranoid about any perceived attempt at mislynching me, and in part onto you because you basically ignored me while scumreading me. I very much do pay attention to what people think of me, and I wouldn't have called myself carefree either. Maybe my d1 can be perceived that way, but only that day. The thing that is actually true is that despite what people think of me, it rarely affects what I do when I'm town, because I'm confident in my own abilities. That you don't think I've been that way this game either means you're extremely bad at reading me which is rather factual by this point, or you're scum trying to mislynch me. When MamaTort scumread me for my aggressive behavior, I told her to think what they will of me as a player, but that they should look over my games and think that my behavior is alignment indicative. When Percy launched personal attacks my way, making me out as some asshole bully my response was to keep things focused on the game first and foremost, and then on correcting his assumptions about me and firmly stating that I won't be changing how I am just because some snowflake believes that I shouldn't keep playing the game I've loved for over seven years now :





    I want you to answer my question that I asked at the end of last day phase @El-ahrairah , about how from my perspective Percy is basically confirmed scum at the moment. If you're town then my TR on you is right, GG is almost mechanically cleared, we both strongly TR Mamatort. The only way Percy isn't 100% scum by PoE from my perspective is if we're both wrong on MamaTort, or GG's check was manipulated and they're scum, but you yourself believe that if GG is scum that GG/Percy is a world. For once, actually try to view things from my perspective as town, as you've failed to do time and time again in other games. You called me frustrating, but you've consistently made me want to pull my hair out in all the games we've been town together. Which may as well be as accurate a towntell that I have for you.

  42. ISO #2342
    Furry Collective Keeper of the Swans Michelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    7,193
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    AnimeBase
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Soneji (#2339)
    Michelle I'll get to my MamaTort ISO, but my first priority is a full readthrough of the game to analyze all interactions around/regarding AP. So be patient, and hopefully you'll be able to see MamaTort as town since AP's flip 99% spews them town based off interactions.
    I am more than patient, only do this in the next 12 hours please.

  43. ISO #2343
    Soul Reader Soneji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    1,404
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Narutoforums
    AKA
    WolfPrinceKouga, WPK
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    With that out of my system and my blood flowing, time to do my full reread. Ping me if you need me :


  44. ISO #2344
    Furry Collective Keeper of the Swans Michelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    7,193
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    AnimeBase
    Gender

  45. ISO #2345
    Furry Collective Keeper of the Swans Michelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    7,193
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    AnimeBase
    Gender

  46. ISO #2346
    Wants It More El-ahrairah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In Your Pocket
    Posts
    7,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Soneji (#2341)
    That people think my criticisms in my walls don't seem to have purpose is common, even more so when I'm town when I don't aim to make them sound more reasonable as I do when I'm scum. I'm quite sure you've posted this exact same read on my style in other games when we were both town, and obviously were wrong as you've always been about my alignment when town.
    We have always been wrong about your alignment full stop. When you were a towncat, we thought you were a rodent and hard pushed you, and when you were a rodent we thought you were a towncat and hard defended you. We have learned that if we are to try and read you, we can't do it in one day. Or two days. We need multiple days to get a feel for your alignment, and sometimes we don't even manage it at all, like in Nov D6 Light game when we couldn't take you out of our PoE. In this game you aren't screaming rat at us like you normally do when you are a towncat, but neither can we look at your posts and see anything we like so much that we can call it pure towncat enough to negate the niggling bad feelings we have about some of your posts.

    As for Marv, getting pinged by people giving away townreads like candy is standard for me because I see it as an easy way to try and pocket, I want explanations for any read, especially when given out for supporting the lynch of one of my townreads(yourself).
    It is not the fact that you questioned Marv that pings us, but the way you went about it. It was less to probe Marv about his reads and get him to elaborate, and more to caticise his idea of there being a good look for 4 players on the 2 top wagons he wanted to see lynched. It sounds to us like you weren't trying to figure out his alignment, but just cause others to doubt the read.

    The whole rat/cat thing you're trying to use to act as if I'm trying to pocket you is just hammering a "no fun for Soneji" sign into the ground, and it's a spin to act as if people were only against it when others adopted it even before I did. You thought I was attempting to pocket you in d6 as well, and were wrong there.
    We are not against people having fun. We are not against YOU having fun. But the way you immediately hopped into our world and started using our terminology felt like mirroring, to get us to try and trust you. It feels doubly weird that you invested into our world but then didn't try to interact with us that first day.

    As for my push on Percy, that you call it opportunistic while also saying I'm not trying to rock the boat is frankly laughable. Going after Percy is the definition of rocking the boat, and I've continued to rock it to this day despite the bad reception my read on him has got. Percy even unfreezes Batman's cold heart, yet you think me going aggressive on him is not rocking the boat? I don't believe that's a real opinion one can have.
    In pretty much every game we have played with Percy, he has been an easy target, and the recipient of suspicion during early game because of his lack of content and low involvement. As well, we have seen multiple times in previous games that Percy comes into EoD and ineffectively votes off-wagon (the crux of your argument against him on D2) - and one time it even allowed a rat to live, because Percy towncat read him and refused to vote him. By 'opportunistic' we mean that your accusation feels 'easy' and does not take into account that having odd reads and voting his own way even if it achieves nothing, is standard Percy play and not indicative of rattyness.

    I also don't think your viewpoint on how I acted in the November d6 Light game here is real either, or that you just have a bad memory. Let me jog it for you :

    <snip>

    I basically tunneled onto JC in part because I'm very paranoid about any perceived attempt at mislynching me, and in part onto you because you basically ignored me while scumreading me. I very much do pay attention to what people think of me, and I wouldn't have called myself carefree either.
    This is something we may never agree on. And aspects like this are highly subjective. Others often see us as we don't see ourselves, and everybody interprets things differently. For example, in a previous game, we said something that somebody took very personally (or faked that they took it personally... hard to tell because they actually were a wolf going for the ATE) while another player pointed out "it's obviously a joke".

    I want you to answer my question that I asked at the end of last day phase @El-ahrairah , about how from my perspective Percy is basically confirmed scum at the moment. If you're town then my TR on you is right, GG is almost mechanically cleared, we both strongly TR Mamatort. The only way Percy isn't 100% scum by PoE from my perspective is if we're both wrong on MamaTort, or GG's check was manipulated and they're scum, but you yourself believe that if GG is scum that GG/Percy is a world. For once, actually try to view things from my perspective as town, as you've failed to do time and time again in other games. You called me frustrating, but you've consistently made me want to pull my hair out in all the games we've been town together. Which may as well be as accurate a towntell that I have for you.
    We aren't sure what the point of this question is. IF you are a towncat then it's likely you DO see Percy as a rodent. If you're a rodent, then you need to rat-read the most mislynchable players, and Percy has to go in that list by virtue of the fact you've been PoSing him (Paw of Suspicion) since D1 and it's harder to make anybody else fit.

    That said, we DO think that if Gnome's check was manipulated and they're scum (a potential which rose massively given Gnome's claims today) then Percy has strong potential to be her ratmate, given their behaviour towards each other. So we will keep this in mind today when we work towards eliminating some worlds. At the very least, if it's Gnome/Percy we don't see you as the last rat. It's either catgode or Michelle, or like you say, we've both been wrong on Mamatort.

  47. ISO #2347
    Soul Reader Soneji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    1,404
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Narutoforums
    AKA
    WolfPrinceKouga, WPK
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Kept getting distracted checking my own theories and looking over VCA's zzz.

    D1 reread with AP's flip in mind:

    Quote Originally Posted by catgode (#175)
    pepperoni seemed to be grasping for something that isn't really there, i think. been there done that

    its not really, like, scummy in and of itself, but its probably something to recall later on in the game
    This is some really hedgy ass shade.


    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#257)
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#248)
    Quote Originally Posted by Percy (#243)
    OK, based on his short series of posts I’m Town-leaning on Grant and will probably continue to do so until such time as he does or says something that gives me paws (for you @El-arairah) to consider otherwise. I picked him correctly last game and I’ll wager I can do so again. @Grant: I can’t quite put my finger on it but there’s something about your tone when you’re Town. It feels agenda-free and comprises a dollop of confidence with just a dash of arrogance and that’s what I think I’m seeing here again.
    *El-Katrairah brushes against Percy's leg and purrs softly*

    Percy, what do you think about my vote on Gypsum, nyan?
    I will answer this, I thought it sounds Super weird on my part. Could you please explain that vote to this harmless potato here?
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#261)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#257)
    I will answer this, I thought it sounds Super weird on my part. Could you please explain that vote to this harmless potato here?
    Nope!

    Why does it sound super weird?
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#279)
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#261)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#257)
    I will answer this, I thought it sounds Super weird on my part. Could you please explain that vote to this harmless potato here?
    Nope!

    Why does it sound super weird?
    Well, I don’t recall seeing a explanation for your vote , which is definitely not rvs for that matter
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#281)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#279)
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#261)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#257)
    I will answer this, I thought it sounds Super weird on my part. Could you please explain that vote to this harmless potato here?
    Nope!

    Why does it sound super weird?
    Well, I don’t recall seeing a explanation for your vote , which is definitely not rvs for that matter
    That is true, it's not RVS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#282)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#279)
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#261)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#257)
    I will answer this, I thought it sounds Super weird on my part. Could you please explain that vote to this harmless potato here?
    Nope!

    Why does it sound super weird?
    Well, I don’t recall seeing a explanation for your vote , which is definitely not rvs for that matter
    Huh I see it is an experiment . Feeling mildly dubious about the whole thing
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#291)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#290)
    Also I seem to have amnesia or something. I swear some people has posted way more or way less than my imagination
    *El-Katrairah patters across Tater's knees and nuzzles her chin*

    We've heard that Pawtatoes are the wisest of the root vegetables. Perhaps this Pawtato can share with us her thoughts on Cats and Rats?

    This overall sequence of posts between El and Potato are fairly safe, so I can't entirely discount distancing, but it doesn't read that way in a few ways, 1)AP's talk of being a harmless potato comes off as wanting to appear non-hostile, which they wouldn't need to do if talking to a scummate, alone not that compelling due to AP's general cutesy posting style but there's also 2) them calling El's vote mildly dubious for some slight shade and 3) El asking for reads from her, very light pressure but still unnecessary to have. Noted for further interactions on that last part.

    The tag in for Percy here still pings me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Gnome (#500)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soneji (#494)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsum (#491)
    ##Vote Michelle
    Well look at that, a blank vote change after your earlier big stretch to vote on flapjack.

    I agree. Gypsum's vote on Michelle made no sense, and there was no explanation. How are you reading Gypsum right now? What do you think motivates Gypsum to make a vote that appears that random?
    GG hadn't done much serious up till now, till they get all interested in my thoughts on Gypsum's vote on Michelle. Knowing Gypsum town and still having some paranoia around the associatives of d1 involving Michelle, this is setting off some alarms.


    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#180)
    Maybe it’s me, but I am getting a sheeped by Mamatort ‘s tone and posting as for now.

    He seems Super genuine and pure, which gives very good vibes for a new player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#601)
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaTort (#568)
    Given the way I'm feeling about Flap now, and how close we are to end of day, I'm feeling kinda lost so I'm going to go with the majority for now.

    ##Unvote crazeeflapjack
    ##Vote Marluxion
    Ergh, this votes sucks on so many levels tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaTort (#608)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#601)
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaTort (#568)
    Given the way I'm feeling about Flap now, and how close we are to end of day, I'm feeling kinda lost so I'm going to go with the majority for now.

    ##Unvote crazeeflapjack
    ##Vote Marluxion
    Ergh, this votes sucks on so many levels tbh
    Sorry if you don't like my vote, I'm kinda lost. I suspect one person and then someone else comes along and blows a hole right in my thinking. So I switch and think someone else and that gets eaten too. I try to give my thoughts on the thread thus far after trying really hard to read through the posts and get told I'm scummy for agreeing with other peoples' scumhunting. I'm lost on who to vote for so I just figured I'd throw my hat on the wagon until I get a chance to get a better idea of where people stand and make up my own mind. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if I get night killed at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#612)
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaTort (#608)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#601)
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaTort (#568)
    Given the way I'm feeling about Flap now, and how close we are to end of day, I'm feeling kinda lost so I'm going to go with the majority for now.

    ##Unvote crazeeflapjack
    ##Vote Marluxion
    Ergh, this votes sucks on so many levels tbh
    Sorry if you don't like my vote, I'm kinda lost. I suspect one person and then someone else comes along and blows a hole right in my thinking. So I switch and think someone else and that gets eaten too. I try to give my thoughts on the thread thus far after trying really hard to read through the posts and get told I'm scummy for agreeing with other peoples' scumhunting. I'm lost on who to vote for so I just figured I'd throw my hat on the wagon until I get a chance to get a better idea of where people stand and make up my own mind. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if I get night killed at this point.
    This explanation is so bad but also so lhf town at the same time.

    Here is the thing, I am at your spot nearly a year ago. One thing I learned is to stay firm in your ideas, because if you read hard enough, everyone will make sense one way or another. Right now I think you are being sheeped.


    Tell me Mama, who are your scum gut feelings

    AP gives a pretty strong pureness TR on MamaTort, but then goes to call out their vote as scummy, then calls their response bad as well but refers to them as LHF town, then goes into talk of their own newbie days. I thought this could be scum frustration from AP when doing their d1 ISO, and I'm very confident I was right there. AP to mimic their town game has to TR MamaTort, but hates that Tort is getting away with things they've gotten mislynched for, so they shade them while still calling them town in the end. I also can't see MamaTort giving that kind of frustrated newbie answer to AP if they're scummates.


    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#615)
    Tbh I am having a really meh feeling on Michelle due to the 2 walls she posted early in game.

    It’s just very lackluster and fluffy
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#632)
    Tbh I think Marl posting is just bad lmao, I don’t think its indicative of town or mafia due to the sheer fluffiness
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#643)
    Honestly , I want to vote between GG or Marl today tbh due to the emptiness of content in their ISO’s. I don’t think it’s a good look for either of them
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#644)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#643)
    Honestly , I want to vote between GG or Marl today tbh due to the emptiness of content in their ISO’s. I don’t think it’s a good look for either of them
    With that said, I might give Mich a pass because I think she is trying to gamesolve
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#652)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajot (#648)
    Quote Originally Posted by crazeeflapjack (#640)
    Both the kajot and tort votes on marl are bad and I'm considering a veto here.
    The vote is bad but is Marl town and why?
    It looks like a pile up from vote history . EL yours and Kajot are remarkedbly quick kn succession, which sets of alarm bells
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#655)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Gnome (#650)
    looks scummy.
    like some sort of rat scum.
    ##Vote Marluxion

    Ergh , that’s another $#@!ty vote
    ##Vote Garden Gnome
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#680)
    Will be staying to Eid based on current wagon feelings

    GG> Marl (or equals) > Michelle > Wisdom

    I went over this in my AP d1 ISO, but AP's EoD here is very wack especially in regards to GG and Michelle. They had never said spoken of/quoted GG up until at EoD where they put them alongside Marl for top lynch choice, then proceeds to leave their vote on GG despite strongly TR'ing Wisdom who was very close to catching the noose. They say Marl/GG as top choices, then feel the need to clarify why they're leaving Michelle out, even though Michelle hadn't been that head and shoulders above Marl in engagement. They also shade El's vote on Marl here, so that's a point in his favor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle (#684)
    no wolf in danger from what i see.. bad luck in tied wagons
    Michelle wtf where you doing not going for self-preservation at EoD, spouting what looks like TMI here on Wisdom/Marl? Considering how you got lucky in Cupcake Wars from a randomized lynch going your way and getting townread off of that, it makes me paranoid that you didn't self-pres here to gain some towncred.

    Quote Originally Posted by MamaTort (#689)
    ##Vote Marluxion
    Because I'm lost but I also don't wanna not vote because we need to get somewhere and not voting looks kinda scummy to me.
    This is pure newbie self-awareness.

    Quote Originally Posted by Percy (#694)
    Michelle is a big asset to us as Town and I’ve seen nothing from her so far that indicates to me that she is a Wolf.
    I told Wisdom that I’d give her the benefit of the doubt until tomorrow.
    Marluxion? Same as Michelle.
    Garden Gnome is nice and I don’t think she’s bad.

    My vote’s going with someone whose contribution hasn’t been great

    ##Vote Soneji
    Again pointing out the extra effort to justify not going towards Michelle, despite her vote on Grant his towncore member. Also that there were four people with one vote at the time, but he only remarked on GG of them.


    Quote Originally Posted by MamaTort (#697)
    ##Unvote Marluxion
    ##Vote Wisdom
    MamaTort's flip flopping doesn't make sense for her as a wolf as both Marl and Wisdom were town. I could see someone with more familiarity with both of them having some struggle over which townie to vote off, but even then most experienced players as scum don't draw attention by switching so much late. It's consistent with how they've expressed being lost throughout the whole day as well.



    Look good from this : El, MamaTort

    Look bad : Michelle, GG

  48. ISO #2348
    Soul Reader Soneji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    1,404
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Narutoforums
    AKA
    WolfPrinceKouga, WPK
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    @El-ahrairah : You did an analysis on those stories AP was writing before, I'd appreciate it if you went over them with the knowledge on their role we have now and how players in it could be RB'd by them. Could be some clues by how players are talked of/whose excluded.

  49. ISO #2349
    Wants It More El-ahrairah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    In Your Pocket
    Posts
    7,930
    Picking up where we left of on the Tater ISO.

    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#1021)
    You know, I don’t think I speak for many people, but I am honestly tired of reading about rats and weasels tbh, it’s fun at the beginning but exhausting and mildly annoying now. Can we just stick back to normal town and mafia terms .


    Looking at the elephants in the room
    More shade on people involved in animal shenanigans. Starting to feel like she was trying to single us out without directly using our name.

  50. ISO #2350
    Soul Reader Soneji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    1,404
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Narutoforums
    AKA
    WolfPrinceKouga, WPK
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    So relooking over GG was at two votes thanks to myc late, but they also clearly were baiting people and switched with three minutes left. It slightly gives more towncred to GG, and makes Percy's mention of GG stand out less.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Keyboard Shortcuts

about us
Mafia Universe is a community hub for people who enjoy playing the forum variant of Mafia (also known as Werewolf). We offer fully automated Mafia games and a wide variety of customized features crafted to optimize your game experience. We also proudly host the Internet's only database of Mafia/Werewolf communities.

We hope you stick around!
Role of the Day
Bodyguard Jailkeeper

The Bodyguard Jailkeeper may each night target another player, simultaneously roleblocking them and protecting them from attacks. If the target is attacked, the Bodyguard Jailkeeper will die in their stead.