1. ISO #1
    Hype! Arapocalypse's Avatar Discord Moderator
    Community
    Mafia Games Discord
    AKA
    Ara
    Decade of the Database!

Decade of the Database!
    2020: new decade, new delights... new database!

Database Status: A quick recap

In 2019, Makaze completed the automation portion of the current database, mass importing all games from the old database and ensuring that new automated games would be input upon completion! Now with over 2000 game files, it's a lot of information! However, if you've played on MU and looked at your player data, you'd likely be correct in thinking that your stats aren't quite right!! So...

What else needs to be done?

With the automated portion of the database mostly completed, we're down to a lot of manual editing which can't be carried out by robots, hence Makaze's limited further involvement! Now the main issue remaining is ensuring database accuracy; there's a lot of minor stuff for players and games that need some tidying up!! A few examples of manual tasks include:

• Adding information such as roles, role actions, game/phase ends, etc.
    • Ensuring each player exists as only one instance with correct public alt attribution
    • Correcting errors such as rerands
    • Deleting "false" games - test games, mash events, etc.
    • Adding most manual games (mashes!)

As you can see, quite a bit of stuff! That being said, the question left is...

How can YOU help?

We need people who care about restoring the database!! Regardless of if you just have a few minutes to check over the accuracy of a game or two or have a while to hack away at inputting a mash, any help is appreciated!!!

If you've got the drive and some time to help out, contact myself or @ladd for further details and we'll get you started!!

The goal is to have the database accurately up to date by the end of 2020; consider this an MU new year's resolution!

Why "Decade of the Database" and not Year, if that's the goal?

This will be an ongoing project! The initial push this year is to get the database up to speed, which will take a massive effort!! Afterwards, new games will still need a human eye in order to ensure accuracy... there simply won't be a few years of backlog to work through anymore, so if you're interested in helping to maintain it afterwards, any help is welcome!!

Also, alliteration!
    Last edited by Arapocalypse; January 12th, 2020 at 06:31 AM.
    Message a ghost at Arapocalypse#0834!

[9:07 AM] boq, bbt's boss: Be Boq
    [9:07 AM] boq, bbt's boss: Wait for the principal in the cafeteria
    [9:07 AM] boq, bbt's boss: Be offered coffee by the peeps there
    [9:08 AM] boq, bbt's boss: "Nice"
    [9:08 AM] boq, bbt's boss: Grab a random mug. Enjoy your coffee. Notice that it says "principal's mug" on it

2. ISO #2
    Community
    Mafia Games Discord
    AKA
    Ara

Year's off to a solid start; thank you to everyone who has expressed interest in helping out, giving a special shoutout to Underking!!

We've got the infrastructure essentially set up to support more of the human element in the database months and years into the future, which has been fun!!! Things like full instructions sheets on how to add/edit games, organization of game deletion... stuff like that!! Makaze's been critical in ironing out a lot of the details to make it easier for people to edit the database; for instance, everyone who checks the database on a daily basis may have noticed that most false game files (test games, incorrectly randed games, events, etc.) no longer exist in the database/on your profiles!

Aiming to work on getting more of the weirder game stuff done like some of those unique roles and maybe finish a subforum or two in the next month!!

As always, if you've got some time to help out, pm me for further details!!!

[9:08 AM] boq, bbt's boss: Grab a random mug. Enjoy your coffee. Notice that it says "principal's mug" on it

3. ISO #3
    ༼ つ ;-; ༽つ give smith another day mhsmith0's Avatar Game Manager
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    PlayDiplomacy, MafiaScum
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    nice to see things moving forward on the updates
    maybe at some point I'll try and calculate out some fun/interesting stats, not quite sure what I'd do on that end but maybe there's something interesting to be mined
    Life is simply unfair... don't you think?
    http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=mhsmith0

BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me

4. ISO #4
    Community
    2+2 and PokerNet
    AKA
    VigGOAT
    Awesome job. Is there no search function in the DB or am I blind?

I'm not sure I get the OP, are all automated games supposed be be recorded now? When I look myself up in the DB there are some automated games missing.

Am I misunderstanding something?
    Last edited by Viggorous; February 4th, 2020 at 04:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubtingThomas (#1916)
    u are the imbecile for wanting to lynch me after that d1

just please never call yourself
    VIGGOAT or whatever that $#@! you say

cuz it's really not true not at all after your recent performances and you must feel it

or are you just spite killing me like you did RC?

5. ISO #5
    Community
    Mafia Games Discord
    AKA
    Ara
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggorous (#4)
    Awesome job. Is there no search function in the DB or am I blind?

I'm not sure I get the OP, are all automated games supposed be be recorded now? When I look myself up in the DB there are some automated games missing.

Am I misunderstanding something?
    To clarify: all of the previous raw Modbot data has been imported, and it's been set up to continually record data from newly completed automated games as well!

However, the data is still not perfect, since human eyes are needed to verify that the data for all games is accurate since there are lots of (mostly older) recording issues such as incorrect player slots, subs, phases, actions... and that'll take a while (hence this project), considering how many games there are! And that's not even counting manual games!!

In short, I strongly suggest not using your profile in the database as an actual reference for at least another few months!!