Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mafia Universe Awards 2019 - Voting/Discussion [VOTING PERIOD ENDS JANUARY 25]

1. ISO #1
    Mafia Backup Amrock sheepsaysmeep's Avatar Game Manager
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    aops
    AKA
    sheep
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Mafia Universe Awards 2019 - Voting/Discussion [VOTING PERIOD ENDS JANUARY 25]

Mafia Universe Awards 2019- Voting/Discussion

After a year of anticipation and nominations, it's time to vote! Welcome to the official discussion and voting thread for the Mafia Universe Awards, 2019 edition!

Here's how it's going to work:

You have two weeks, ending Saturday, January 25th at 8:00 PM US Pacific Time, to discuss your preferred candidates and to vote on them. Once that deadline hits, this thread will be locked, and no new votes will be accepted.

In terms of discussion: The goal is to follow the Code of Conduct, specifically with the intent of keeping it positive/constructive. You are free to disagree with nominations, but you are not free to bash players. The purpose of the awards is to celebrate your fellow players and to commend them for excellent play, not to put anyone down.

To vote, PM your ballot to @2019 Awards by the deadline. This account is run by both sheepsaysmeep and Logic.

Please submit your ballot in the following format:
    <Category Name>:
    Nominee

<Category Name>:
    Nominee

etc
    For example:
    Best MU User to Appear on a Danish Reality Show:
    Thingyman

Best Mustache:
    t om
    ------

THE RULES:
    • One vote per person. No stacking the deck with alts. Yes, we will be checking.
    • We will accept only the FIRST PM I receive for each user, so double check your ballot before you send it in!
    • Only accounts created before January 1st, 2020 are allowed to vote.
    • You are allowed to vote for yourself except in group awards.
    • If a player is nominated for two separate performances in an individual performance category, the top-voted performance will be the winner. Exempli gratia, if Thingyman receives 10 votes for something in a category, and Lissa's two separate nominations in that category receive 6 votes each, Thingy's wins.
    • You do not need to vote for every category.

Thanks to GeneralHankerchief for writing most of this post last year.

Blank voting template (just fill in your choice(s) for each category in which you wish to vote):
    Best Town Performance - Single Player (Small Game):

Best Town Performance - Single Player (Mash):

Best Scum Performance - Single Player (Small Game):

Best Scum Performance - Single Player (Mash):

Best Use of a Power Role:

Best Mechanics/Strategical Player:

Best Replacement Performance:

Best Turbo Player:

Best Rookie Player:

Most Improved Player:

Most Dedicated/Enthusiastic Player:

Most Entertaining/Enjoyable Player:

Best Team Player:

Best Town Player:

Best Scum Player:

Best All-Around Player:

Best Town Performance - Group (Small Game):

Best Town Performance - Group (Mash):

Best Scum Performance - Group (Small Game):

Best Scum Performance - Group (Mash):

Best Neutral Performance - Group (Mash):

Best Hydra:

Best Host:

Best Flavor Writer:

Best Small Game:

Best Mash:

Funniest/Most Memorable Moment:

Best Fake Claim:

Best Lolcats:

Strongest GIF Game:

Community MVP:

Last edited by sheepsaysmeep; January 12th, 2020 at 01:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by moth (#67)
    Stop calling things natural. This world isnt natural. You can get butt implants and $%#!
    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#8185)
    I see this game as an experience that makes you that little bit stronger afterwards but you thoroughly hate it and it's a disaster while you're in it. I see probably every game of mafia like that, but especially this one. Like getting dumped, or being in a car accident, or a house fire.

2. ISO #2
    Timezone
    Community
    aops
    AKA
    sheep
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Available candidates, which can also be found in the Nomination Thread:

INDIVIDUAL AWARDS

Player who did exceedingly well in a specific game as town. Include the game with your nomination.

Mill Crab in Mountainous Desperado
    Nominated by: ladd
    Seconded by: Chemist1422
    He was super on point all game, even when he went on a bit of a tangent suspecting zack d3 (i think?) he revaluated the same day and had the last wolf who was playing super well and was mostly villa read in his bottom 2 before getting nked

That's after pushing the first 2 wolves and being universally villa read from the start essentially

Amrock (Darkness) in March Light Game #2
    Nominated by: Mill Crab
    Seconded by: Keldeo
    He was onto wolf!Apoc from page 1, and played as the cop so well that when the last two wolves came out D3 trying to get in a CC battle with Ladd, they both conceded when Amrock claimed with basically a locked POE.

Player who did exceedingly well in a specific game as town. Include the game with your nomination.

Chemist1422 in Sam and Fuzzy Mash
    Seconded by: Buneary
    Chemist was obviously towny from the start, caught multiple scum through his role and reads, including outting a wolf vig before the first ITA session. He managed to keep town mostly on track, and earned a 2nd ITA shot that he kept through the whole game. Through a combination of doc dodges and successful saves, he survived to D5 when he was finally killed by the vengeful wolf getting shot. Overall he was a thorn in the wolves' sides and played a key role in keeping town in the hunt for the win.

Grant in Throne Mash
    Nominated by: roro__b
    Seconded by: ladd
    He had the Gambling jouster role, where every joust (ITA-replacement, 1v1 duel where they answered questions simultaneously) win gave him double prizes. A loss would mean possible death. He participated in all duels, won these, and got some good prizes. Killed off King Mad (LADD) that was completely utr and was heading towards a win, not being sussed much at all, as well as having a bpv - with a strongman shot! Solid plays that made the town-win possible in a situation that seemed impossible beforehand.

Player who did exceedingly well in a specific game as scum. Include the game with your nomination.

Voxxicus in Reverse Mentor/Mentee Shadowhydra Mafia!
    Nominated by: Sunbae
    Seconded by: Arapocalypse
    All the positives of [the entire wolf team] with the addition of pocketing Lissa harder than I've seen in a long time and getting her in f3 to not only ignore the dead villagers that said to lynch Voxx, but to hammer the other villager at 5am before that villager even had time to interact with Voxx on the day. It was a one of the better wolf games I've seen.

Mantichora in Reverse Mentor/Mentee Mafia Shadowhydra Mafia
    Nominated by: Arapocalypse
    Seconded by: sheepsaysmeep
    This is a primarily enjoyment nomination, which can be summed up neatly in this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mantichora (#1826)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voxxicus (#1823)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantichora (#1811)
    am interested in the voxx-newcomb dynamic esp wrt the handling of both slots as opposed to the uh I guess individuals? The dynamic and the action and the flow, rather than a lazy "vw, ww, vv" read if that makes sense
    Can you talk about this more?

I've read it like 3 times and it looks like word salad

You got two competing hotdogs stands. They both sell great hotdogs at great prices in great locations. How do you decide which stand you shop at?

It's like, you're both extremely boring to me. I just cant bring myself to care. What's more interesting is thinking about it from an investor's standpoint

They gotta talk to each other about the hotdogs stands in a way that's divorced from buying a hotdog, and that's what I'm interested in.

Empoof is looking to invest in you, and I wonder "why?" Maybe I should too. But I'm a hipster and I don't want to follow a big bandwagon so I think about "why not?"

Does that make sense?
    Bonus:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantichora (#1829)
    It's like what I was talking about earlier with SS. The slice and flavours of the reads matter more than the reads themselves, and if I want to do me and the things I'm uniquely good at, I need to go out and buy a hotdog

Player who did exceedingly well in a specific game as scum. Include the game with your nomination.

Jaleb in One Punch Mash
    Nominated by: Frog
    Jaleb played phenomenally to say the least!

Jaleb was on 5 mislynches, and shot a villager in broad daylight while announcing the prize they used to do it.

They bussed their teammates in ITAs (as role intended) for late game cred, that went to plan.

They were the go to assigned factional killer because no one would block them or doubt them.

They've been among the high posters for days, so they didn't slank by any means.

They used their role blocking to stop the Town Role Oracle from revealing Arapocalypse as Town.

They blocked the doctor to ensure whatever kill they wanted.

They blocked a Town ITA Hit buffer who was going to buff town.

They blocked the odd night vig at a critical point to make sure the POE didn't close in on them, and later killed that very odd night vig.

And of course, they turned a 1 vs 12 scenario with FOUR village clears into their own playground, bringing one of those clears with them to F3... and winning the whole game.

Heck, what a carry!

Legendary performance!

Cliffs:

Day 2 - Village is stomping wolves and styling on their corpses

Day 4 - Jaleb is the last wolf remaining with 4 clears alive - 1 vs 12

Day 8 - Jaleb wins F3

yogsloth in Old Cat Mafia Invitational
    Nominated by: Weatherguy
    Seconded by: bopolis
    He led the team to a dominating win and was unanimously villaread by game-end.

Shad in Drakengard Mash
    Nominated by: Multiverse
    Seconded by: bearsquared
    After the main wolfpack got outed, shot down one by one, and town had an overwhelming advantage, Shad who was lost wolf pulled through and won the game. Their high WIM convinced town that they're v despite the fact that they were tracked to the factional kill.

Player who did exceedingly well at deployment of a power role randed to them in a single game. Examples of these potentially cover someone making multiple accurate shots as a vigilante, a great save as a doctor, etc.

Colin in Second Annual Bastard Mash
    Nominated by: Transcend
    Seconded by: Jaleb
    Using his role, Colin consecutively shot 6 anti-town players,

Panini in Sam and Fuzzy Mash
    Seconded by: bbt
    Single handedly saved town from losing by protecting the nightkill that would've made scum reach parity + targeting loveriser with visit roleblocker, roleblocking the scum redirector who would've redirected the loveriser onto another town which would've secured scum the win

Arapocalypse in Still Lovesick
    Nominated by: Wisdom
    Did some solid scum shooting night 1,2 and 4 (and got the fourth scum lynched on day 3). Also managed to convince kind of everyone that she wasn't the Vig until she really needed to claim it.

Shattiel in Mafia Universe Anniversary 2019
    Seconded by: Frog
    Subbed into the town vig position N1 and shot a townie (RIP), BUT he went on to plug 6 wolves over the next 4 nights. He did a great job keeping town in the game.

Five in Mafia Universe Anniversary 2019
    Seconded by: Ampharos
    He pocketed all 5 villagers in his neighborhood and convinced them all to post in bold gold. He then came in with a fake red check on a different townie in ITAs, got him killed, then shot one of the last confirmed townies before activating and annihilating the town core and most of the town's WIM. It was the sickest 6-for-1 I've seen in a game of mafia.

Jalandh in Monopoly Mash
    Nominated by: Chemist1422
    This comes with the caveat of lolcops but Jalandh managed to get three red peeks and get two of them lynched without outing as cop (the third died to poison). Pretty impressive use of role and cover.

Player who excels at figuring out game mechanics and using it to their advantage and/or player who excels at planning and strategizing for their team (including deciding optimal night actions, cop hunting etc.)

Smartbomb (Fanciful Fairy)
    As seen in the A Very Mafia Universe Halloween Mash, aside from SmartBomb's night actions strategizing and scheming, he was also almost spot-on in determining the true players behind quite a lot of alt accounts!! He helped use this to the advantage of the mafia, particularly in the hunting and eliminating of PRs!!!

yogsloth
    Yog's been pretty sweet at deciphering mechanics and determining the correct course of action to take next as town!! The example that's stuck in my mind is day 2 of the Mob Psycho mash; after seeing a mafia player with the same role name as an apparent "NPC" in the game die, he drove that lynch as hard as he could! It was even better for him to do than he initially thought, since the mafia needed the NPC to live until the next day to be able to use her role and create further chaos!!!

A solid post where he laid out his reasoning:
    Quote Originally Posted by yogsloth (#8923)
    OK LOOK PEOPLE

Quote Originally Posted by The Dragger (#5431)

There is something unsettling about this game. Something that wasn't here before
    Quote Originally Posted by ONE (#6902)
    Mob Psycho 100 Mash!

The Dragger!

The Dragger looks like a regular woman with long straight black hair that generally covers her face, wearing a plain, tattered, gown-like garment. The Dragger's most striking feature is her gaping maw, slit from ear to ear, filled with a mangled mess of sharp teeth, which she reveals when she is about to kill someone. The Dragger exists to hunt and to kill.

You are the Wolf Urban Legend.

Class: Spirit
    Group(s): N/A

Yet nobody knows exactly where your power lies

Your Life Is Your Own!

I understand the basic idea of Forum Mafia is to find wolfy people and lynch them. I understand that to many, spending a day's vote on a mechanic rather than a wolfhunt seems wasteful, annoying, and possibly even un-fun.

However.

Look at this $%#!.

She's not going to go away by ignoring her. She's not benign. She's not going to be irrelevant. Sandbagging the problem until some unspecified time in the future is not going to benefit Town. She must be removed, and immediately, for two main reasons.

1) She's an evil ravenous undead horror explicitly aligned with wolf team. That means she's not going to do anything other than help the wolves. Exactly how, we may not know - but it should simply be implicitly obvious that the existence of this mechanic is exclusively wolf-sided. No good can come from it.

2) The process of wolfhunting via the lynch mechanic becomes increasingly important over time. Early Day phases in a mash the votes fly around fast and furious, and land almost randomly. Nobody can read every post in a 50-player mash the fist couple of Days, and it's almost impossible to gain any benefit or information from an early Day phase VCA. There's just too much information and signal noise for it to mean much. Later Days, however, it's essential to have good information available on player votes and movements in order to catch wolves. It's wot we do. If you sandbag this problem until it grows, the waste generated by waiting to lynch it grows exponentially. Yes, it's a wasted lynch - but the opportunity cost on Day 2 is dramatically smaller than it would be on Day 4 or 5 or later.

I get you want to catch a wolf.

I get you want to have your reads validated, and this may feel like a bit of a cop-out.

But we gotta take care of this problem, because it only gets worse over time.

Player who delivered an excellent, memorable performance in that they replaced into

Empoof in Mafia Universe Anniversary 2019
    Nominated by: Beck
    Seconded by: Ampharos
    if there’s a single example of a quality sub performance, it’s his contribution in Anni

he subbed into the largest game of the year and within, what, 30 minutes to an hour (?) of joining the game and disrupting the flow, a wolf team that was steamrolling feared him enough to use their KP, and he died

super quality in and out in a game of such size against a team so far ahead

gj

Darkness in XCOM: War of the Chosen - Poisoner 21er
    On D1, the Shieldbearer slot was widely scumread for a poor opening and ended the day tied against town!Berserker, who was lynched at random. Amrock subbed in overnight and dug himself out of a huge hole, forcing himself into the town core and buying cred by bussing the Role Cop D2. He seized thread control and easily directed the final two mislynches to cruise to a victory.

Geo (Dad) in Season 6, Game 9: On the Air [The Mafia Championship]
    Nominated by: warren42
    Seconded by: 0lx
    He replaced in and was voted directly to finals after being a town leader and the least suspected member of scum team the whole time. Excellent play and the results speak for themselves. Scum won in a sweep and Dad went straight through.

JMurder3 in ITA Death Mash
    Nominated by: Boquise
    Seconded by: Champ
    He made solid shots at scum, projected town which made it easier to form a town core and snuff out the last remaining scum.

Beck in Season 6 Wildcard Game 2: Mafia Con on Celeste Mountain [The Mafia Championship]
    Nominated by: Keldeo
    Seconded by: Mill Crab
    Beck subbed into a 0-posting mafia slot after one of his partners was lynched day 1. He immediately and actively set up mislynches, defended his partners, and got his slot townread by a lot of vocal townies. He had enough credibility and control that town were tagging him in the thread to help decide actions for n3 and set the voting order in LYLO. In mafia chat, he kept up our motivation and he came up with our plan for n2 actions where the mafia vig would shoot the player he peeked, denying town the information from his role in a believable way. We couldn't have swept the rest of the game without him.

Boquise in Mob Psycho 100 Mishmash
    Seconded by: Beck
    As mafia, Boq subbed into a spot that was truly entrenched into the PoE and put in a ton of effort into posting his way out of that position!! Even after getting out of the PoE through interactions with a dead partner, he didn't let up and continued pressing on, using his smooth posting to slip through town suspicion while actively pushing the mafia agenda!!!

Just some really solid play overall, seeding the thread with his mafia presence!!

The Dragger in Mob Psycho 100 Mishmash
    After Saitama had been utterly useless 0-posting on day 1, The Dragger's sub-in struck true fear into the hearts of town!! Although she wasn't able to post on day 2 for some reason, she more than made up for it by engaging in some spectacular w/w theatre with me, causing utter chaos in a vital ITA session while hard distancing!!! While her posts were few, every post was strategically made to advance the mafia wincon!!

Player who excels in turbo games.

Allundberg
    Nominated by: LanMisa
    Seconded by: Limestone

Frog
    Nominated by: Shad
    Seconded by: Boquise
    specifically for his performance in Saturday Night Turbo this past June. It was a relatively large game (17p) and the dude not only dominated the game thread but kept scum chat organized and pumped with WIM throughout for a near clean sweep (a wolf was lynched at the end after we'd already mechanically won through night actions).

Hyena
    Hyena is simply an all-around solid turboer and fairly dependable if you rand the same alignment as him!! He knows how to navigate the world of turbos and swiftly figure out the path to victory, regardless of alignment! He's particularly good at listening to others and pinpointing which players he needs to vote where in order to achieve needed votes, and is overall very chill and fun to hang out in the thread with!!

Jaleb
    Jaleb is the type of turbo player that I find to be inscrutable in the best way: usually making the type of posts that make him unlynchable as town even if I'm not sure why, yet also able to stay well out of the PoE as mafia!! He's able to subtly charm his way into towncores and you can't dislodge him... until it's too late!!!

Also does extremely well in late-game, in those F3s and F5s!!

Only players who played their very first game of forum mafia in 2018 are eligible to be nominated for this award. I.e. this is not an award for "rookie Mafia Universe players", since everyone is obviously new to Mafia Universe.

hollowkatt
    Having first started playing here in August, he jumped headfirst into his first game here and immediately brought a ton of enthusiasm into the game!! His genuine desire to dig into the game as well as overall willingness to learn more about playing mafia was overall very hype!! While I've only seen in a couple of games so far, hoping to see him around more in the future!!!

Wisdom
    Seconded by: hollowkatt
    Wisdom blew into the mafia scene as a pretty chill player; their post tend to emanate a sort of clearness that makes you want to go jam with them!! Their cool-headed logical approach to the game gives the thread a calming presence and they're just pretty relaxing to play with! My first experience with Wisdom was in Still Lovesick, where they just blew in to the game like a fresh breath of wind and swiftly became exceedingly obvious town, was fun bouncing with them!!

Player whose overall gameplay has displayed the most improvement since the end of the past calendar year. Rookies to MU are not eligible for this award.

Chemist1422

well, where to start?

i vaguely remember playing what was one of their first ww games with them on ToS

my opinion was "jfc, this guy has no clue", it was the same game where the cop got lynched d1 in a cop 13er after being counterclaimed by 3 different villagers iirc

they have come a long way now, they have become a village force to be reckoned with when enganged who lately has had a lot of good village games in mashes especially

can't say i am familiar with their wolf game that much, but i saw them post a lot and go deep in a mash as kp and win a light game in f3 against a good village

Percy
    Nominated by: Virtuoso
    In the amount of time that I have known Percy, their play has dramatically improved.

Creature
    Nominated by: Empoof
    Seconded by: mendel
    It's been known for a long time that Creature had a polarizing meta. When he randed an evil alignment, he was either unable to post or incapable of making coherent thoughts when he managed to get himself in to the thread. There have been public discussions about if he should be blacklisted or straight up banned. As someone who used to have a similar meta to this, breaking through this wall takes a great deal of work and dedication. This year, Creature has done this in his performance in MU Anniversary where he posted over 250 times before getting red peeked, something that would have been considered a wasted resource when creature randed mafia. He also showed he was capable of forming thoughts and building worlds in White Flag Mafia where his team had a clean sweep. Even though this was a light game, the ability for him to build posts that sounded genuine should not be understated.

Moving away from Creature's polarizing meta, I'd also like to talk about how Creature has really come in to his own as a personality. Last year when playing games with Creature, not to be disrespectful but to me he felt more like a name in the crowd with his posts feeling more procedural and robotic. Sure, he'd post some music videos and make a few jokes, but (perhaps emphasized by how his meta was) often when in games with Creature it'd be much more about looking at the modbot post count and trying hard to push him in to showing his thought process more. Nowadays, Creature's snarky and genuinely funny posts are easy to come across. A particular favorite of mine was in the Team Mafia game where he called upon his imaginary friends, the dead villagers, to help him out in the game when he felt alone in the thread. Whether or not you gel with how he holds himself, it's very clear that the name "Creature" now holds a weight of individuality to it. I'm personally looking forward to being in games with Creature in the future, be it farting as villagers in thread trying to find wolves or laughing at town in wolf chat.

Mill Crab
    Nominated by: GeneralHankerchief
    Previously a professional spectator, Mill finally descended down from upon high and started actually playing in 2018, but he took a clear step forward in 2019. Unafraid to get his feet wet in the games with perceived higher-quality playerlists, Mill more than held his own and shined on multiple occasions: in Light games, small games, and mashes.

Player who consistently gives it his all, whether it works out or not.

ladd
    If there's one player I can think of who's been a dominant force as both alignments consistently throughout the games I've played this year, it's got to be ladd.

The Lukundo
    If you want to go with a newcomer, The Lukundo is a beast.

Player who is just generally awesome and fun to play with.

Panther
    Seconded by: Newcomb
    obviously he could be nominated (and has been) for more prestigious awards but i just have fun reading his posts, following his thoughts, discussing reads with him; he has incredible insight and his out of the box reads are truly great

he is aggressive, but not abrasive and really just a pleasure to village with until he dies on you n1

Percy
    Percy has played in almost every game that I have hosted and I've always enjoyed Percy's company.

Garden Gnome
    Nominated by: Viggorous
    Seconded by: Phighter
    - I always enjoy playing with GG, she's hilarious, friendly and always brings a positive attitude to the game. She can make a joke at her own expense and she's just always a pleasant and enjoyable presence in any game.

- her AMA is the GOAT

bbt
    She is always a blast to play with or against, always making the game a nicer and funnier place to be around. Basically influencing the experience in a positive manner. A player whose presence in sign-ups makes me want to sign-up as well.

Zack
    Sure, other people $%#!post, but they have quantity while Zack has quality. Zack somehow possesses the ability to wield cutting humor and sharp wit while at the same time getting his point across perfectly, which honestly I'm jealous of. He always knows exactly the right thing to say, the perfect blend of the absurd, hilarious, and on point, that makes you remember that you're playing a stupid internet arguing game.

Also, I'm not sure if this bit falls under the scope of the category, but his AARs are usually good for one genuine laugh-out-loud moment per post.

Player who excels at being a good teammate for their alignment. Examples of being a good teammate don't necessarily necessitate that player dominating for their alignment in the game. The award is moreso geared towards a player who keeps morale up in wolfchat, did a lot of work in a mason/neighborhood chat, was a good thread captain as town, etc.

Keldeo
    Nominated by: bbt
    As town, Keldeo is always a positive and welcoming presence in the thread, trying his hardest to make people feel comfortable posting their thoughts and to understand where they're coming from no matter how different their perspectives are from his own. He puts a ton of effort into keeping up town morale and engaging other players to discuss their reads with them and see if they can come to a common understanding, even when said others seem to be against him. I think this was really exemplified in Hydra Game 1 (as Pocket Monsters), where he just kept trying to work with people he thought were town even when his every post was being dismissed as scum theatre or AtE and he just never snapped back at them because he recognized that it was most important to try to leave behind a less hostile thread environment where town could work together after his death.

I never read the S6WC2 wolfchat, but from what I've heard his fellow wolves say about it, it seems like he was a very wholesome and welcoming presence in there too and just generally made it a great place to be!

I think the way Keldeo works to establish comfortable thread environments/wolfchats is an underrated skill that I would like to see recognized!

tl;dr anyone who rolls Keldeo on their team, regardless of alignment, should be hyped!!!

Empoof
    Nominated by: Mantichora
    Seconded by: LanMisa
    Hes a team player who helps people out as either alignment, and is skilled at bringing people together.

Hes perfected the art of sheeping Panther.

Monstrman
    Seconded by: mhsmith0
    Monstr can put in effort and work as either alignment, but I'm mostly singling him out for his work in Hydra Game 6, where, in an incredibly tense late game where he basically had to solo 1v9, he still took the time out to mentor his hydramates in how to improve both generally and specifically, and generally keep morale up, and was widely praised/thanked for doing so. If that's not the exemplar of this category, then I don't know what is.

Player who excels at playing town, which can include having good reads, being excellent at avoiding mislynch, being generally persuasive, being a leader and/or a calming and rational presence for one's team, etc.

Newcomb
    Nominated by: Limestone

dyachei
    Literally the queen of f3s, and mafia keeps letting her get there for some reason. Probably because she loves it so very, very much.

Player who excels at playing scum, which can include being excellent at avoiding lynch and pocketing people, having pure tone, being generally successful in manipulating/sowing discord and guiding town towards mislynches, being good at cop hunting, being good at pulling off effective gambits, being helpful to inexperienced scum partners, etc.

Phighter
    to keep it brief, he has randed wolf a lot recently and he has done very very good every single time

he has easily been the best mash wolf player of the year, considering # of games/quality of play

he is a brute force who just pounds and pounds his wolf agenda until he makes you believe that he belives it

he recently endgamed a mash as the wolves' strongest role, played very good in anni before getting "outed" mechanically, played a great game in MMM mash

Jaleb
    I could do a writeup but I’m lazy and he’s already nominated for two other scum awards which kinda speak for themselves

Beck
    Seconded by: Logic
    Say what you will about the wolfsidedness of the Mad17 setup in this year's Champs, but there's no denying that Beck laid a trail of destruction through it as a wolf in the latter rounds (when a number of spectators predicted town would do much better). Look at his sub-in performance in Wildcard 2: On D1, a wolf had been lynched and the remaining two active players, while still game, were obviously not in the best position. Beck subbed in overnight, and the three of them worked together extremely well as a unit to absolutely obliterate the town from there on out, not suffering a single further casualty. In the finale, when Beck was in the game from the start, the only death his team suffered was his own by way of a hero shot.

In these two games, Beck demonstrated a versatile, effective playstyle as scum that allowed him to operate as necessary for the benefits of his team. He can be townread. He can employ misdirection and false choices. He can openwolf. He can control the thread. And, as the scoreboard clearly dictates, he can win games.

EvanManManMan
    His ban for much of the second half of 2019 limited Evan's opportunities somewhat, but while he was around, Evan displayed the progression as a player that most of us expected him to when he won the Best Rookie Player award last year. Evan continues to be a terrifyingly good wolf, able to slip into towncircles undetected and do so while still wolfsiding. He primarily does this in mashes, but I believe he has displayed these skills in smaller and more niche games as well.

theknightsofneeee
    Seconded by: GeneralHankerchief
    As mafia, Knights is extremely talented at getting a good sense of the game structure to further his agenda!! He's excellent at knowing where to position himself and work with his partners in order to create his own path to victory! He's also able to easily change his mafia playstyle on the fly, adjusting to the situation as needed! As seen in his champs qualifier (game 6) and the 3/21 game, he's able to smoothly pocket people as needed and stay under the radar/out of a cannibalistic town's way, while knowing exactly when to push the right pressure points to cinch necessary mislynches!! Knights is also excellent even when he doesn't know his mafia team like in the Mob Psycho mash, finding creative ways to leverage mechanics to still be able to work with the rest of the mafia!!!

Player who excels in all roles.

theknightsofneeee
    got killed n1 or close to n1 in most of his villa games i can remember off the top of my head

he both has very good reads and has the presence to push them hard even if he is not super high posting. one of the best villagers all around

as a wolf, he uses the hard pushes for hard wolfsiding and gets away with it most of the times

he was a pleasure to wolf with in anni, knowing one of the people with the most sway itt is a wolf really helps the whole team and he has no problem going after strong players as a wolf

played a great game as a wolf also in a non-mash (sonic adventure) and endgamed, same with his champs game

Beck
    won the championship. Pretty self-explanatory.

ladd
    Seconded by: Visorslash
    ladd's continuing to perform in the top tier as far as I can tell while a lot of the old greats have drifted away from the game.

TEAM AWARDS

Town team who did exceedingly well in a specific game. Include the game with your nomination.

Ninjas and Guns: School Symbolizes Suffering
    Nominated by: Cemeteries
    An absolute town stomp, 3 days in a row wolves were lynched. Bussing could not fool this town. NKs could not fool this town. Nothing could fool this town. Featured players in this game were
    Vibrava: A sub D2 with absolute accurate reads.
    Transcend: A town leader for 2 day phases before eating the NK.
    Marluxion: Accurate reads, strong voice.
    El-ahrairah: Incredibly accurate reads, was wary of an incredibly strong wolf.
    Logic: Always a voice the town can count on.

And honorable mention to Alice Liddell, with her 5 casted votes during the game landing on 4 wolves and 1 majorly suspected townie.

Chronicles of Narnia - Double Traitor
    Nominated by: JohnCarter
    Seconded by: The Lukundo
    They just destroyed multiple bad boy aligned from the get go. Nuff said.

Hydra Event 2019: Game 2
    Seconded by: roro__b
    The game ended in a clean cut town sweep. The lynches were only on scum and one scum got vigged N1. Game ended on D2. Only 1 town death and it came from scum's night kill. Was a perfect and complete victory were town shone together as a unit, managed to get rid of tunnel visions and worked together to bring down the wolves swiftly. This wasn't a town that was carried by 1 player. Instead the group did the work together tbh

Town team who did exceedingly well in a mash. Include the game with your nomination.

Mafia Mafia Mash
    This game's been sticking with me more than most. I feel like the wolves played well and we dominated anyway. New villagers kept stepping up as the last phase's leaders died off, and a number of clutch late-game lynches lead to a rout despite some solid wolves going deep.

ITA Death Mash

Throne Mash
    This was a multiball, with three evil factions, where one of them were King's sons, sharing a big neighborhood chat with all good sons, some conversion mechanics and other weird things. There were also townplayers outside of all of this. Game seemed to be over for town pretty early, with the three other factions being very strong, and townplayers kept getting picked off. Dyachei, Logic and Grant in particular, was a trio that in some way managed to pull of some great plays, Grant used his abilities to their fullest extent, nailed jousts and events to get prizes and used them the best way possible. Dya and Logic were both pretty much vanilla for the last days. In F7 game was still at 3(town)-2-1-1, but with some help from the other factions it ended in a F3 and a (beforhand) really unexpected town win

Mafia team who did exceedingly well in a specific small game. Include the game with your nomination.

XCOM: War of the Chosen - Poisoner 21er
    They only lost one member to a vig shot, killed all the PRs by d3, won in lylo with v/v wagons d4 and most wolves still getting very little heat. Just an all around very well played game from the whole wolf team but in particular they did a good job messing up associations and spew (shout out to viper/dt) and mixing up powerwolfing/bussing.

Reverse Mentor/Mentee Shadowhydra Mafia!
    Seconded by: Empoof
    They were up against a lot of good villagers, had w/w/w wagons on day 2 in a 13 person game, and were able to turn it around and win in final 3. They were able to do this by expertly distancing from each other to the degree that many villagers just said they couldn't be w/w with each other for the entire game even when one of them got killed. They also were able to shift the narrative of the thread from "just focus on who isn't playing like a good villager and lynch them" )which had a wolf wagoned day 1, w/w/w wagons day 2, and a poe of both wolves to start day) to "focus on w/w pairings with the dead wolf" (which due to the previously mentioned distancing shifted the poe from W/W/V to V/V/V for the next two days). They were even able to do this while whiffing on PRs until late and one of them got caught due to it. It was just an all around, team wide, excellent performance where they all carried their weight.

Season 6, Wildcard Game 2: MafiaCon on Celeste Mountain [The Mafia Championship]
    Nominated by: MillCrab
    Seconded by: iaafr
    The team had a wolf lynched D1 with a second wolf 0 posting. Beck subbed in N1, and he, Keldeo, and Spiny Creature all remained highly townread for the rest of the game and proceeded to sweep the rest of the game. An impressive group that not only fooled the town, but managed to keep spec chat guessing right up until the hammer.

Semptember Light Game: Back to School Mafia 2019
    made a phenomneal team and was one of the best wolf showings that I have seen in a LONG time.

First, duke and jmurder double bused on day 1 and killed the cop n1. They remained in the town core and were the "town" leaders the entire game.

Well done guys!

Mafia team who did exceedingly well in a specific mash. Include the game with your nomination.

Ducktales Mash
    Nominated by: Jaleb
    Seconded by: Shad
    had a few mafia die d1/ITA1 on d2 then nobody really died after that. All appeared to get town read and projected well while killing the town players that would stop them.

A Very Mafia Universe Halloween
    A lot of different scum members did a good job on clearing themselves, and the ones who didn’t were able to give the others enough cred

Not to mention their mechanical performance and how they handled a GH sub in in endgame

Neutral team who did exceedingly well in a specific mash. Include the game with your nomination.

King Ladd and Underking in Throne Mash
    Seconded by: dyachei
    Another faction that seemed weak, with 2 leaders and some lost members pretty much, if the two leaders died, whole faction would be erased, including all lost ones. Very impressive plays had Underking saved from poisoning early on, and both towncored by pretty much everyone for most of the game, as well as Luco who managed to find and join them. An unexpected strongman shot cut Ladds journey short and after that it went downhill, but still a super good performance.

Boquise (Agent Cooper) and t om in Throne Mash
    Seconded by: roro__b

The scene: Agent Cooper is posting pretty smoothly... when suddenly he's semi-outed from some mechanical thing and is swiftly going down!! Along comes a joust event, a 1v1 where the winner gets to choose between killing the loser and a prize, but you can't kill if you've won in the event before...

Agent Cooper and Tom enter the joust event together as a 1v1, really going at each other!!! While Agent Cooper is posting as fast as he can, t om ever so slightly throws, with the intense battle culminating in Agent Cooper's victory!! He returns to the thread, desolate that he's outed but still believing that he can at least take t om down with him when there's a sudden realization in the thread... Agent Cooper can't kill due to having won before!!!

The results of the distancing helps t om, already in a solid position, well on his way to F3!!

Some fun posts around Agent Cooper's "realization":
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Cooper (#7751)
    Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash (#7749)
    gg boq btw

you played a sick game
    i am so frustrated but at least i can lolcat
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Cooper (#7752)
    will be taking tom tho tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by t om (#7759)
    Ive beought dishonor to my family
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Cooper (#7760)
    now where's my gun tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by LordQuas (#7763)
    LOL I FORGOT BOQ CAN'T KILL TOM
    Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash (#7764)
    LOL

hahahahahaahahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Cooper (#7765)
    WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Cooper (#7767)
    $%#!ing $%#!
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Cooper (#7775)
    First there's bull$%#! 1610 things
    then this

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Cooper (#7777)
    I am still the mayor tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Cooper (#7784)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordQuas (#7781)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Cooper (#7777)
    I am still the mayor tbh
    we're just voting you into office now
    Quote Originally Posted by t om (#7789)
    Oh $%#!
    Quote Originally Posted by t om (#7798)
    Jesus i actually got a raised heartrate from that

Hydra pair who did exceedingly well in a specific game. Include the game with your nomination.

bbtbh in Mountainous Bulletproof
    D1 they led the village into a wolf lynch while doing an insane amount of solving and despite not voting the D2 wolf lynch they kept up their solving until they were killed N2

Overall just a really strong performance from the two of them tbh

BONE-fied Catfish in Hydra Event 2019: Game 3
    Seconded by: Logic
    I'm not sure there was a better projection of town this year, for starters. This slot was basically unlynchable from the word go, and not only were they unlynchable, they were unpushable. After dunking on three of the four wolves in the first three dayphases, the game settled down into a "POE consolidation" stage, but at no point during this were Yeti and dya ever, ever considered as an ultra deep wolf. They were just that townie. Eventually they put on a clinic of an f3 as the hammer vote. They were originally unsure of where to go, but both of them individually iso'd both players, found the damning evidence that implicated the last wolf, came to the correct conclusion, and sealed the victory. Textbook play from start to finish in all facets of the game.

GAME/HOST AWARDS

Player who excels at hosting games overall, including designing well-balanced, fun and creative setups, writing good flavor, being dependable and fair in dealing with issues, taking care of players, being thorough, etc.

Amrock/Darkness
    Seconded by: Jaleb
    Amrock has shown to be consistent in the high quality of his games and their execution.

Frog
    Seconded by: theknightsofneeee
    Hosting three successful Mashes in 2019 is a testament in and of itself as to just how good Frog is. It also shows his commitment to Mafia Universe and his ability to keep it fresh each time. One Punch Man, Super Smash Bros., and ITA Death Mash all feature completely different themes that utilized different mechanics, which is super impressive. From my experience in the ITA Death Mash I was also impressed by how present Frog was from start to finish. The awards at the end were also an awesome touch to make the game feel more personal. We're very lucky to have him as a host and I think it's important that he's recognized for this.

Mantichora
    Seconded by: theknightsofneeee
    I've only been back on MU consistently across the last two months and it is overwhelmingly evident how involved Manti is in almost every single game, be it as someone reviewing for balance or hosting outright. Just in the next several weeks he is hosting the Staff Game, co-hosting the Drakengard Mash, and co-hosting the Old Schoolers game. And this is all on the back of hosting the recent ITA Death Mash. For anyone who has ever hosted a game ever, surely you understand just how INSANE this is. His commitment to providing high-quality games for everyone on MU to enjoy is unparalleled.

Host/helper/co-host who excels at writing funny, creative or otherwise awesome flavor stories/texts for games.

Frog and Mantichora in ITA Death Mash
    Seconded by: FTFlush
    I don't even notice the theme of half the games I play in, and that one felt like a constant factor. Loved it.

Smartbomb in Season 6 Wildcard Game 2: MafiaCon on Celeste Mountain [The Mafia Championship]
    Nominated by: Logic
    Besides being a description of an actual mafia convention, it also touched on feelings I'm sure we have all felt before in games. If you haven't read that thread for the great wolf performance, read it for the flavor that the host provided

Evenstar in Her Name is Thaumiel
    Nominated by: jumpluff
    Succinct and well-written flavour with a very distinct atmosphere, unique and nostalgically flavoury role PMs that prompted roleplaying, all conveying the idea behind the setup perfectly.

Arapocalypse, bearsquared, eevee, Logic, and Mantichora in A Very Mafia Universe Halloween
    Flavor was quality, roles and mechanics were designed to fit it well and were balanced, and the game overall was a great effort on the hosts’ part

Garden Gnome
    Mad Tea Party Mafia, Vindictive Veggies Mafia, The Grinch who Stole Christmas, and probably a couple more that I forgot

GG's writing is constantly impressive and appreciated by players and spectators alike. Not a ton to say here because the consistent quality and quantity speak for themself really

Mantichora
    The creativity of the flavour really speaks for itself, so here are a few fun snippets:

Quote Originally Posted by CatgirlMaple (#2929)

Ohayo Ampharos-san! Preparations for the 10th annual Championship continue to go smoothly, and the migration to MafiaColiseum seems to be... fairly well received! Your agenda for today is... selecting the new Game Manager; responding to [8] unread ban appeals; responding to [modchat]; purchasing [Milk, Dr Pepper, Bread, Crayons]; responding to [87] read ban appeals; going for a walk; and most importantly, having a fantastic day!
    >>Why are you here?
    >>Because you want to be.

Amy groaned. Maple's unfettered optimism was almost annoying. No, it was definitely annoying. On a spiritual level. Ugh. Every day, with the agenda. The organization. She really needed to hire an assistant. An assistant administrator? Maple didn't count. She was more like a secretary.
    >>We need you here.
    >>We made you

Quote Originally Posted by CatgirlMaple (#1737)
    Christmas

I hope he sees me.

I felt a shiver coming on.

It was way too cold, but my hands felt warm, clutching a cup of hot cocoa. It was annoying how itchy my knit beanie got, but I wasn't going to not wear it. What was more annoying was waiting outside in this frigid hellhole because ■■■■■ felt like showing up late.

Asshole...

I looked around the courtyard again.

Where is he? He never usually took this long to show up. Where is everyone else? Odd, that the campus seemed so empty. This is what I get, coming here during Christmas break. Why am I even here? God, waiting just made me feel so... stupid. He know he doesn't feel that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hatfield (#5186)

You're a monster.
    You're a monster.
    You're a monster.
    You're a monster.
    You're a monster.
    You're a monster.
    You're a monster.
    You're a monster.
    You're a monster.
    You're a monster.
    You're a monster.
    You're a monster.
    You're a monster.

How about you just die

roro__b in Throne Mash
    Seconded by: Mantichora
    Roro put his all into the flavour for the game, which was intricately linked throughout all the game mechanics... roles, events, deaths, everything!!! The game wouldn't have had the depth in flavour without it; lore and backstories were well thought out for each character in the game, even with hints of secrets hidden away in the flavour about certain game mechanics!! Basically all of the flavour about the kingdom, its King's Sons (and Evil Sons!), King Mad, Witches, and all its residents heavily influenced/were influenced by roles in the game in a really cool way! Besides that, the end flavour for each lynch/death was also wonderful!!

The role pms were all here for those interested in taking a look!!!

GeneralHankerchief for Season 6 Game 10: The Mafia Convention [The Mafia Championship] and Season 6 Finale: The Billion Dollar Pogo Stick Race
    Flavour for both games were simply overall rather entertaining stories to read!

Highlights from the Mafia Convention include:

• A drab, underwhelming hotel,
    • Interchange monstrosities
    • Increasingly amusing escape attempts
    • Dreary decaying decapitated heads!

Highlights from the Billion-Dollar Pogo Stick Race include:
    • Controversial pogo-stick racing history
    • The nefarious Red Valkyries group
    • Extreme pogoing through sandstorm and firefight
    • A mysterious resurrection!

Game that was designed and/or hosted exceedingly well in addition to being an enjoyable and fun experience for the players.

Mountainous Desperado
    First off, the game had no subs, which is an achievement in itself. The design was sort of simplistic, but it was hosted well and the playerlist made it a memorable game, with good play from both sides

Reverse Mentor/Mentee Shadowhydra Mafia
    It was def some top tier werewolf.

Mash that was designed and/or hosted exceedingly well in addition to being an enjoyable and fun experience for the players.

Second Annual Bastard Mash
    Nominated by: The Lukundo
    It was hell but enjoyable as hell! The roles were awesome and even down to the house mechanics. This explanation won’t do the mash justice but it deserves to definitely be here!!

Throne Mash
    think most people joined for fun mroe than balance but it ended up being both fun and somewhat balanced with a fun (for everyone not in it) f3 ending

activity was perfect imo, not too active and not inactive with ~everyone posting at least the acceptable and almost no subs

mechanics and factions were fun and it run smoothly and ended quickly enough despite no itas

just an overall good game

thanks to the hosts

Mob Psycho 100 Mishmash
    This mash was based off the flavour of the anime Mob Psycho 100 and was a cool and interesting game!!! Each role and flavour accompanying them clearly had a lot of thought put into them and resulted in some fun roles/mechanics such as mor_tilt's Village Con Artist role and delayed roles like Mantichora's Mob role!! My favourite was the lost wolf role and its way of communicating with the mafia through Discord which put a sweet twist on the normal "lost wolf" role!!

Aside from that, there were also cool events (two truths one lie was cool to see in postgame!), the Dragger chaos, and some surprising elements popping up in later days which kept the game surprisingly close!!!

Afterwards I went and watched the anime because of the game; was even cooler in retrospect!!

ITA Death Mash
    Seconded by: LordQuas
    Game was balanced with all the deaths. Mashes usually turn into a slog after most players have been killed, but Death ITA mash kept feeling like a smooth experience.

The flavour was interesting and had layers in it that could be used for gameplay. It was also trippy and sometimes nightmare fuel.

The best part of this mash was that it was so easy to kill. No prizes that could really interfere with the mayhem. Just death. Everyone has two shots to utilise. Which is a good thing, because shooting people in the face is fun and everyone should have a shot at it!

A Very Mafia Universe Halloween
    Flavor was quality, roles and mechanics were designed to fit it well and were balanced, and the game overall was a great effort on the hosts’ part

MISCELLANEOUS FUN AWARDS

Funniest or very memorable moment/event/day/happening/interaction in a mafia game.

brainbomb’s unfortunate autocorrect accident in Mafia Mafia Mash
    Seconded by: Phighter
    Nominate Brainbomb's unfortunate autocorrect from Mafia Mafia Mash for Funniest Moment. He wanted to shoot Annulus in ITA's and his phone had a, uh, different idea.

roro__b's slip goes unnoticed for 8 hours in Season 5, Game 4: Phineas and Ferb [The Mafia Championship]
    It's near the start of Day 2, and this is the post:

Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#1610)
    I think abovementioned might be a great way to discredit apoc.

Definition: you can out yourself as n1 watcher by asking apoc something along the lines of "you're claiming to have been roleblocked butnkbody visited you this night. Explain". Coukd be a way to mark you as towny.

Just a suggestion but feels pretty goodif we can turn it into a lynch
    Take a closer look at it.

That's a genuine scumslip. It was straight-up meant for wolfchat and poor roro - who was pretty widely townread at that time - posted it in the gamethread. Not only was it a scumslip, but it outed one of roro's partners (Definition) and cleared a super strong villager (Apoc) to boot. But if it was a simple scumslip, even one that was that damaging, and that was the end of the story, I wouldn't nominate this for an award. I'm nominating it for an award because of what happened next.

In wolfchat, roro immediately realized what he had done and started panicking.

Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#154)
    I ducked up hard by posting in the wrong thread. $#@! me. I'm sorry. I hate myself.cant delete and just disqualify myself. FFFFUUUUCKCKCKCKK just threw my phone in the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#156)
    Sorry guys I just ruined a complete mafia chamos game. How do I even $#@!ing do that......
    Quote Originally Posted by Definition (#158)
    It's ok relax. try asking one of the admins maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#159)
    I reported it twice but ppl have prolly seen it by now..
    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude (#167)
    The additional problem is roro will also clear apoc.
    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#176)
    what the $#@! isactually happening. I'm gonna spend time making an excel dock trying to just come across as the clumsiest fukin mafia player in the history of mafia and i'll do anything to pull it off i swear to God. I'm not going to be the reason we lose this. Just watch me *entering pizza-tier-ego realm* (sorry pizza)

But in the game thread itself, nobody discovered it. Nobody. The post went by completely unnoticed, first by the people who were in the thread at the time, and then by the people who checked in later in the day phase and were reading up. Apoc did THREE SEPARATE ISOs of roro that day and didn't find the slip in any of them.

The slip went unnoticed for EIGHT HOURS as specchat collectively lost its mind.

(h/t pizza for the image)

Finally, somebody in the game picked up on it: Dendrek, after slowly, agonizingly, catching up on the thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek (#1985)

Definition: you can out yourself as n1 watcher by asking apoc something along the lines of "you're claiming to have been roleblocked butnkbody visited you this night. Explain". Coukd be a way to mark you as towny.

What is this? @roro__b Did I miss something?

Finally, everybody realized what was going on and began to react.

Quote Originally Posted by tartina (#1993)

Maybe this is a rare exemple of scumslip
    Quote Originally Posted by Faddy (#1994)
    Quote Originally Posted by tartina (#1993)

Maybe this is a rare exemple of scumslip
    I'll take that.

Definition scum.
    Apoc clear.

That is a more likely scenario than some convoluted scheme to get Apoc extra town credit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy (#1998)
    Wait, there was an actual scumslip in the thread for how many hours?
    Quote Originally Posted by tartina (#1999)
    Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy (#1998)
    Wait, there was an actual scumslip in the thread for how many hours?
    You had the chance to be today's hero.
    But dendrek has outsmarted you
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek (#2004)
    That's hillarious. How did no one else catch that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc (#2013)

oh

I did notice this, but shrugged it off

I blame pizza, there is a VERY long pizza post before this one, where he talks about me a bit. I couldnt parse it. I gave up.

LOL

The problem with all of this? Dendrek, the guy who found it, was a wolf.

It took the game EIGHT HOURS to find the slip and the guy who finally publicized it was mafia!

Dendrek, by the way, went on to win the game for the wolves after helping mislynch the SPEWED CLEAR Apoc.

To be absolutely clear, I'm not nominating this post for the slip. I'm nominating this post for all of the circumstances surrounding the slip, both in the game thread, wolfchat, and specchat, as well as what happened next. If this requires more than simply nominating roro, then I will make that adjustment as needed. But I believe that this entire moment needs to win this award, no matter what form it ultimately takes. It is by far the funniest and most memorable game event to happen on the site in 2019 so far.

Cron uses Google Translate in Mafia Universe Anniversary 2019
    Seconded by: starpendle
    On Day 2, Cron got hit with an action that made him run every post he made through Google Translate to Swahili, and then again back to English. If he slipped up, his ITA vulnerability would have gone up. (He could have declined to do this from the start in exchange for taking a smaller hit to his ITA vulnerability.) Cron did not slip up and in the process created magic, including inventing a new mafia/town wolf/villager terminology set out of thin air.

Quote Originally Posted by Cron (#10817)
    it is a surprise, our city kill the powers of power is garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cron (#10939)
    @ fan of sun aligreg

I can't send much today and it's busy. please control itas
    Quote Originally Posted by Cron (#11713)
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggles1993 (#11705)
    I'm gonna stop responding to Cron
    I am the wiggles city please just use your $%#!ing brain
    Quote Originally Posted by Cron (#12673)
    I am a city
    Quote Originally Posted by Cron (#13202)
    duck is a whirlpool. kill him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cron (#13245)
    @banks

duck is moist. shoot there
    Quote Originally Posted by Cron (#16272)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrman (#16246)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cron (#16242)
    iiimmmm. gggoooonnnnnnnnaaaaa. mmmmaaakkkkeeee. aaaaaaa. ssspppiiicccyyyyy. rryaeaaadddd.

bbbaaannnkkss. iiissiiisssiss. tttttoooowwwwnnnn
    Rasins?
    The ways in which the bankers interacted with the person who was engaging in him was the fishing of the answers as he usually does as the city. also its ISO wolf to find the wolf I believe is true
    Quote Originally Posted by Cron (#16505)
    another is mash

Another powerful game of the city of crappy

Lady Lambdadelta abuses votecount and postcount system in Season 6 Finale: The Billion Dollar Pogo Stick Race [The Mafia Championship]
    Nominated by: Geo
    Seconded by: Secondhand Revenant
    In season 6, there was a postcap of 175 posts until two hours before EoD and Macdougall had long reached his limit before then. Noticing he was posting votecounts to try and communicate somehow, LLD found a way to abuse the system and clog up pages of the thread with attempts to interact with Mac through using numbers and multiple choices to try and get him to answer questions by posting multiple votecounts in a row.

Chris responds using votecounts in Old Cat Mafia Invitational
    Nominated by: Jaleb
    Seconded by: Weatherguy
    During the day a player had modbot post a giant string of vote counts from previous days not once but twice (by accident). It was just a giant mess. So he decided to edit one of the vote counts as a response in a unique way. Was a good laugh and fitting for the situation.

Funniest or most impressive fake claim in a mafia game.

Marluxion and Phighter in Nightmare Before Christmas
    Seconded by: Keldeo
    With the game in LyLo and their KP still alive, Marl and Phighter ended up both claiming different tracker results on the same villager to lock the lynch between the two of them to ensure their KP would survive so they would win

Solid mechanical play and a creative way to ensure a win

Quick_Ben in Mob Psycho 100 Mishmash
    They say all the best lies have a kernel of truth in them... or something like that!!

Quick_Ben's main mafia role was an ITA-altering role, originally used for nefarious purposes to stop a player from shooting a (then-dead) mafia partner! Because the target was alerted of something ITA-related, he was able to pull off the claim of boosting the ITA shot instead! Though the target had shot someone else, their originally-stated intentions essentially helped clear QB to get him out of the PoE and slip him into endgame!! Outside of the fakeclaim mechanics, he pulled it off with a slick, deadpan style that helped him slide into the top towns of practically everyone when it mattered!!!

DaBackpack in Season 6 Game 1: Cloud City [The Mafia Championship]
    Scene: It's SoD 4, and town haven't killed a single mafia player yet! They're in fairly dire straits since it's already MYLO with only 10 players left, and not much to show for it!!

Enter DaBackpack, flourishing a red check triumphantly over his shoulder! He tosses it down on the table, bidding the town to follow... and follow they do! He deftly dodges suspicion levied his way and continues confidently striding towards that last mislynching needed for the win! DaBackpack's compatriots watch deviously from the shadows, ready to pounce, as the check wraps up the game neatly in the first mafia stomp of the champs season!!

Caught scum posting gifs while waiting to being lynched.

Apoc in March Light Game #2
    Apoc was heavily suspected D1 and was forced to fake claim seer to avoid the lynch. Once he was outted D2, he made good use of his 50 posts. Cats start here

AngryPotato in Sam and Fuzzy Mash
    They posted
    this beautiful wall and several lolcat gifs after the whole team outed for a Blitz.

Player who makes, posts, or boths the finest of GIFs.

Empoof
    Just ISO him in last year's awards reveal and you'll see

djcat.gif in Hydra Event 2019: Game 4
    Nominated by: Monstrman
    Kept up cat gifs the entire game and still got ultimately townread doing it

The member of the site most willing to go out of their way to help the community.

Lissa
    - Always gives 100% in every game played
    - Helped run Anni which was an awesome community event that took a ton of time
    - Participated in the Mentor/Mentee games in an effort to help newer players feel more comfortable, learn, and stick around more
    - Is someone you can have productive conversations with about things happening in the forum (issues, game design, roles ideals, balance issues, etc) with the recent example being the Day Angel role in mashes.

Just an all around positive to this place

Mantichora
    Mantichora has his hands in almost every game on MU, ensuring quality. This takes so, so much time and a vast amount of knowledge. I think it's safe to say that many of MU's most enjoyed games this year DO NOT HAPPEN without Manti's hard work and time.

Makaze
    I'm surprised no one has done this before. Without them, this site wouldn't even exist. Makaze has constantly put in tireless effort to make this site a good place to play mafia.

Smartbomb
    Nomianted by: Mantichora

Arapocalypse
    Nomianted by: Mantichora
    Last edited by sheepsaysmeep; January 29th, 2020 at 12:51 PM.
    Stop calling things natural. This world isnt natural. You can get butt implants and $%#!
    I see this game as an experience that makes you that little bit stronger afterwards but you thoroughly hate it and it's a disaster while you're in it. I see probably every game of mafia like that, but especially this one. Like getting dumped, or being in a car accident, or a house fire.

3. ISO #3
    Timezone
    Community
    aops
    AKA
    sheep
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    the thread and voting/discussion are now open

note that the only neutral category that remains is group mash performance. at least for this year, we are axing best mechanic and best replacement player due to lack of nominations (best replacement performance still exists)
    Last edited by sheepsaysmeep; January 10th, 2020 at 02:20 PM.

4. ISO #4
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Mist
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#6)
    mfw you accidentally sell your soul for a modpeek
    Quote Originally Posted by Lads (#305)
    God is real, and she is haunting my dreams tonight.

5. ISO #5
    Timezone
    UTC-03:00
    Community
    mafiascum
    AKA
    I promise I'm not a jerk, just frustrated
    Make Mafia Universe great again. Please!!!

6. ISO #6
    Season 5 Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Totalwar.org (The Org)
    AKA
    GH, Fuchs
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepsaysmeep (#1)
    Thanks to GeneralHankerchief for writing most of this post last year.
    I couldn't tell.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepsaysmeep (#1)
    After a year of anticipation and nominations, it's time to vote! Welcome to the official discussion and voting thread for the Mafia Universe Awards, 2018 edition!
    Lenny - Today at 10:08 AM
    Atpg sometimes the paragraphs you write are pretty good

Looking to waste an afternoon? Vamos Cartagena - Football Manager 2018 AAR (complete!)
    The sequel to the above: An American Manager in America (complete!)

7. ISO #7
    -
    Last edited by ladd; January 12th, 2020 at 07:48 AM. Reason: got fixed, don't wanna confuse people

8. ISO #8
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Sheep whoever looks the smartest.
    That's what I wanted to say. But I'm not eligible to vote. :P

9. ISO #9
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    EpicMafia/DailyMafia
    AKA
    Onuzq
    Quote Originally Posted by Empoof (#4961)
    it was jaleb

@Jaleb is a god
    ??Frog ??Last Thursday at 8:11 AM
    ok dudes
    you can discuss the event here if you want

Jaleb (RB/1% ITA)Last Thursday at 8:05 AM
    Done, will take my prize now
    I do have a 1900 rating in solving tactics :smiley:

AndrewGreve(night vig/39%ITA)Last Thursday at 8:10 AM
    hey
    i dont know chess tactics
    should I try?

Jaleb (RB/1% ITA)Last Thursday at 8:10 AM
    1. Bf6 2. Qh7 3. Rf7 4. Nh6 5. Re5 6. ... Qh3 7. Qd8 8. h7 9. ... Ne5+; fxe5 h5 10. ... Bg1; Kg3 Qf2; Kh3 Qh2 i you want the answer, not that it matters
    if*

Jaleb, you're lowkey Magnus

10. ISO #10
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail

Can someone pass me the answers?

11. ISO #11
    Timezone
    Community
    EpicMafia/DailyMafia
    AKA
    Onuzq
    I didn't study

I deleted my notes after sending them in
    it was jaleb

@Jaleb is a god
    ok dudes

hey
    should I try?

1. Bf6 2. Qh7 3. Rf7 4. Nh6 5. Re5 6. ... Qh3 7. Qd8 8. h7 9. ... Ne5+; fxe5 h5 10. ... Bg1; Kg3 Qf2; Kh3 Qh2 i you want the answer, not that it matters
    if*

12. ISO #12
    1610 roro__b's Avatar Moderator
    Timezone
    Community
    Hattrick
    AKA
    dobby
    Pronouns
    it/it/its/its/itself
    I didn't study

Answer is Dobby

13. ISO #13
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    Ducktales might be the closest thing to a mash sweep wolves have played on MU.

I blame whoever I replaced for my negative contribution to that. <_<
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther
    I thought you were a nerd last week but then I saw you say you play golf and remember you said you chewed so you're some kind of unicorn or something

14. ISO #14
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    I have now voted and demand my participation medal.
    I thought you were a nerd last week but then I saw you say you play golf and remember you said you chewed so you're some kind of unicorn or something

15. ISO #15
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Mist
    Pronouns
    I was going to vote then my power went out

So expect it later today

16. ISO #16
    Community
    HCRealms/MafiatheSyndicate
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    *No results*

Dull year I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedJimmyJay
    Jack is unchoppable
    uneliminatable
    unyeetable
    incorrigible
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaze
    Jack, please don't just come in and make jokes

17. ISO #17
    Timezone
    Community
    NovoCiv
    Last edited by sheepsaysmeep; January 12th, 2020 at 01:38 AM.
    leaping up into the air getting juiced up beyond belief

18. ISO #18
    bbt's Avatar Moderator
    Timezone
    Community
    The Cave of Dragonflies
    AKA
    Eifie, zeep
    the blank template is missing most enjoyable player smh
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#122)
    bbtbh wolf because bbt actually made reads
    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#24)
    bbt would never be less than 100% serious!!

19. ISO #19
    Community
    The Bell Tree
    AKA
    Dad
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    If anal beads isn't the funniest moment idk what is.

20. ISO #20
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    Geo is a whirlpool.

21. ISO #21
    1610 roro__b's Avatar Moderator
    Timezone
    Community
    Hattrick
    AKA
    dobby
    Pronouns
    it/it/its/its/itself

22. ISO #22
    buys toilet paper on the dark web Phighter's Avatar
    Could Have Been Anywhere in the World Tonight But Am Here for a Cabinet Meeting
    Community
    XHF, MU
    AKA
    Caffrey
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    I'm not here to campaign for myself for Wolf of the Year, but also let's not give yearly awards to people who play two games/had more of a chance to shine because of the way Champs is formatted. That's what the single game awards are for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#233)
    So here's the deal, Champ.

1. Phighter's $%#!ing with you.

23. ISO #23
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#22)
    I'm not here to campaign for myself for Wolf of the Year, but also let's not give yearly awards to people who play two games/had more of a chance to shine because of the way Champs is formatted. That's what the single game awards are for.
    Best wolf is probably the most competitive award this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo (#19)
    I think I'm voting for 1610

The meme has lived all year and became a thing of its own

I dunno; I'll vote sometime this week

24. ISO #24
    Lost Weasley Brother Allundberg's Avatar
    Community
    PokerNet
    Im here to campaign for myself.

I won all my Turbos in 2019
    Turbo king says it all

Im powering through when I play and have high impact in the Turbos

Im also a very good powerwolf in turbos

Also if I dont win it this time im never gonna win it im sure

Also the other candidates are also very good so dont worry

25. ISO #25
    Timezone
    Community
    EpicMafia/DailyMafia
    AKA
    Onuzq
    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#22)
    Good thing I didn't only play 2 games, right?
    it was jaleb

@Jaleb is a god
    ok dudes

hey
    should I try?

if*

26. ISO #26
    Timezone
    UTC+00:00
    AKA
    Lukundo
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackofhearts2005 (#16)
    *Vanity searches*
    *No results*

Dull year I guess.
    Least Mislynched Player:
    Jackofhearts2005

27. ISO #27
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    Akarna
    Pronouns
    Oh, going through this I realize I missed to nominate some. Thanks for great hosting @Empoof and I should also have nominated @Charmander for best replacement.
    Town!Michelle: I knew you were villager but I voted you [anyway]

28. ISO #28
    Community
    mafiamaniac
    Quote Originally Posted by Allundberg (#24)

Turbo king says it all

didnt you lose to me and frog during an f3 in a turbo tbh
    Reeee-ing into the void and flailing around like a magikarp since 2013

29. ISO #29
    Community
    PokerNet
    Quote Originally Posted by Boquise (#28)

Turbo king says it all

Doubt it
    Atleast I can´t see it in the database..

In case it did happen, did I play very good with high Impact?

30. ISO #30
    Spaceship, spaceship, SPACESHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Logic's Avatar Discord Moderator
    Timezone
    Community
    Giant in the Playground
    AKA
    Yakostovian, Spacecamp, Planet-Man
    [fixed mb]-sheep
    @Beck
    Last edited by Logic; January 15th, 2020 at 10:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercedes (#2248)
    Man, Logic is hitting hard left and wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by bbt (#101)
    gdi Logic now I have some random-$%#! document in my phone downloads

31. ISO #31
    cuts ribs wearing wolf Angrypotato's Avatar
    Timezone
    UTC+08:00
    Community
    Greywolf main
    AKA
    YanniCui , Hildegard Margot Cui
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    I am going to campaign for something, not sure what for

Maybe best town performance for Anni 19?
    Gentlemen, you have fought like lions and been led by donkeys. - Erwin Rommel

32. ISO #32
    cuts ribs wearing wolf Angrypotato's Avatar
    Timezone
    UTC+08:00
    Community
    Greywolf main
    AKA
    YanniCui , Hildegard Margot Cui
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

Gentlemen, you have fought like lions and been led by donkeys. - Erwin Rommel

33. ISO #33
    Timezone
    Community
    Totalwar.org (The Org)
    AKA
    GH, Fuchs
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#31)
    > remembering having to give out those awards for 2017 and 2018

Looking to waste an afternoon? Vamos Cartagena - Football Manager 2018 AAR (complete!)

34. ISO #34
    I will declare war on Mafia Universe if I don't get any awards

35. ISO #35
    Timezone
    Community
    Totalwar.org (The Org)
    AKA
    GH, Fuchs
    I will declare war on Mafia Universe if Zack gets any awards

36. ISO #36
    Timezone
    Community
    EpicMafia/DailyMafia
    AKA
    Onuzq
    I declare war on Zack if he gets any awards
    Last edited by Jaleb; January 16th, 2020 at 06:48 PM.
    it was jaleb

@Jaleb is a god
    ok dudes

hey
    should I try?

if*

37. ISO #37
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Mist
    Pronouns
    I declare war on awards if Zack gets any MUs

38. ISO #38
    Timezone
    Community
    The Bell Tree Forums
    AKA
    Poncho/Panchy/Pinchy/Lunchy/Brian
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    I'll declare war if MU if this chain dies
    I like mashes

39. ISO #39
    ༼ つ ;-; ༽つ give smith another day mhsmith0's Avatar Game Manager
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    PlayDiplomacy, MafiaScum
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Life is simply unfair... don't you think?
    http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=mhsmith0

BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me

40. ISO #40
    GOAT Tier
    Timezone
    UTC-11:00
    Community
    Webdiplomacy.net
    AKA
    Moth
    I uh, dunno why my phone did that

41. ISO #41
    GOAT Tier
    Timezone
    UTC-11:00
    Community
    Webdiplomacy.net
    AKA
    Moth
    ya that 1610 thing is pretty hilarious. a real scumslip is just so rare these days. gotta admire that folks paid no mind to it

42. ISO #42
    Community
    mafiamaniac
    Quote Originally Posted by Allundberg (#29)

Turbo king says it all

Doubt it

it was f3 and frog had to decide between us and used up almost the whole day
    so yeh tbh

43. ISO #43
    Community
    mafiamaniac
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief (#33)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#31)
    > remembering having to give out those awards for 2017 and 2018

I remember when I reported myself for posting that gif tbh

44. ISO #44
    Community
    mafiamaniac
    Last edited by Boquise; January 17th, 2020 at 04:18 PM.

45. ISO #45
    Community
    PokerNet
    Quote Originally Posted by Boquise (#42)

Turbo king says it all

Doubt it

so yeh tbh
    I have done my best to find this game. Serched my User Names in the Turbo Category and oppened every single Turbo game I played in 2019. Can´t find this.

46. ISO #46
    Community
    mafiamaniac
    Quote Originally Posted by Allundberg (#45)
    Doubt it

so yeh tbh
    I have done my best to find this game. Serched my User Names in the Turbo Category and oppened every single Turbo game I played in 2019. Can´t find this.
    https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...=1#post3029862

this is the game tbh!

47. ISO #47
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    Doubt it

so yeh tbh

this is the game tbh!
    That was a fun read

I should have nominated you boq

48. ISO #48
    Community
    PokerNet
    Haha nice read

Completely forgot I had actually played games on Lissa2

Sad times I hvnt got the 100% won rate. But the game illustrates that I aint no scared Wolf and that I push my agenda, takes credit when needed and have fun with my friends

49. ISO #49
    Community
    mafiamaniac
    Quote Originally Posted by Boquise (#46)
    so yeh tbh

this is the game tbh!
    That was a fun read

I should have nominated you boq
    thanks for the thought man but i did not play enough turbos imo nor did i play that well in the other turbo games I played!

Quote Originally Posted by Allundberg (#48)
    Haha nice read

Completely forgot I had actually played games on Lissa2

Sad times I hvnt got the 100% won rate. But the game illustrates that I aint no scared Wolf and that I push my agenda, takes credit when needed and have fun with my friends

50. ISO #50
    Timezone
    Community
    EpicMafia/DailyMafia
    AKA
    Onuzq
    it was jaleb

@Jaleb is a god
    ok dudes

hey
    should I try?

if*