Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Panic Station 2020 Walrus [1st Reveal - Weird and Wonderful - 2/9 3pm CST]

1. ISO #1
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Kongregate FGF and Smogon
    AKA
    BrainpanSonata, Panic Station
    The Panic Station 2020 Walrus [2st Reveal today at 2pm CST]

New year, new walrus.

What is Walrus? It's a forum game where you submit songs to me according to various categories and I rank and score them based on how much I like them.

To join, simply sign up in this thread (or drop me a DM at BrainpanSonata#0280). Submissions must be done by PM/DM, including YouTube or Soundcloud links to your picks. One by one, categories will be revealed in the official walrus Discord server and the respective threads. Aim for the highest overall score, or play along for fun and the love of music.

Scores will be logged and tracked via Google spreadsheet. Scoring is done on a 0.0-10.0 points range based on how much I enjoy a song and how well it fits the respective category. My scoring system runs along the same lines as MyAnimeList: 5s are boring, 6s are okay, 7s are good, 8s are great, 9s are awesome, and if you get a 4 or below ya dun goofed. Will anyone send me a 10 point masterpiece? We’ll see…

Additional rules are as follows:

1. Any categories you fail to submit for will automatically be scored 0. You can send submissions at any point up to the day before the respective category’s scheduled reveal. In some cases, depending on my schedule, I may be lenient enough to accept submissions up to the T-minus 12 hours mark. I will actively check in with players who have unfilled submissions to help prevent catfails.
    2. Any submissions which don't fit the qualifying requirements of their respective category will automatically be scored 0. For example, if I had a category about guitars and you subbed an acapella song, you would catfail.
    3. You will need to change your submission if it's a song I submitted to a previous walrus.
    4. You will need to change your submission if it's a song I used as an example, header, or outro in this walrus or my previous walruses. Yes, this does mean Watsky subs are more likely to get stamped Return To Sender.
    5. Tracking for rules 3 and 4 is solely the responsibility of the host. I will crosscheck all submissions and let you know if something needs to be changed. I will also let you know of any technical errors which might require you to change the links to your submissions (though region locking is no longer an issue for me).
    6. You will need to change your submission if I can't bring myself to listen to it in its entirety more than once. This pertains not just to the banlist found in Rule 10, but also to anything pitch shifted/chipmunked, played on a kazoo/vuvuzela/air horn, and/or painfully out of tune. If you value scoring high on the leaderboard, then this is not the hill you die on.
    7. If you send me a 240p or 144p vid and a better version is available, I reserve the right to switch to the better version. I will inform you privately if I do so.
    8. If two or more players submit the same song for a category, the second (and third and so on) person to submit the song will be given the option to change their submission. If they decide to stick with it, it will be given a single score and the players involved will tie in that round's rankings. This type of tie will be expressed in dense ranking (eg. 1223) rather than standard competition ranking (eg. 1224).
    9. You can change your submissions at your leisure. As with late submissions, song changes will be accepted at any point up to the day before the respective category’s reveal. Unlike Rule 1, I will not accept T-12 hour sub swaps because getting in a song that may do better or worse isn’t as urgent as avoiding a 0.
    10. My ban list is Nickelback, Owl City, Operation Ivy, The Neighbourhood, Kings of Leon, and US band Backlash. Swedish band Backlash is okay, but I have too many issues with that trumped up Pink Floyd cover band by the same name.

Weird and Wonderful
    What’s the first thing you notice when Youtube recommends you a song? No, not the thumbnail, the title. And some of them can be quite weird. So send me a song with a weird title. Doesn’t need to be a silly song, just needs to have a weird title.
    Examples:
    Don’t Shoot Me, Santa by The Killers
    Our Lawyer Made Us Change The Name Of This Song So We Wouldn't Get Sued by Fall Out Boy

Silly Goose
    Okay, NOW it needs to be a silly song. Comedy, mashups, parodies, serious songs that became memetastic… as long as it’s at least a little bit ridiculous, anything goes.
    Examples:
    YYMilk by DJ Cummerbund
    Shia LeBeouf (Live Version) by Rob Cantor

Live From Where?
    In case you’ve never heard of Live From Here, it’s a radio show where a white nerd with a mandolin pretends he can make people forget about Prairie Home Companion. There’s one thing he’s really good at, though: birthday covers, where he and his band do honorary covers of songs by musicians who are celebrating their birthdays.

I want to take that and flip it around for this category. Take a look at the cover songs played in these various YouTube videos and send me one of the original songs they’re covering. And please include a link to the video that has the cover version with your sub (for qualifier checking only). If a dork with a mandolin can make me want to discover a band, maybe so can you.

Examples:
    Jawbone by The Band
    Runs In The Family by Amanda Palmer

Animal Magnetism Redux
    Lots of bands are named after animals. Send me a song from a band that has an animal in its name. Any animal named band that isn’t Owl City. I sincerely mean that. Don’t wreck your scores by sending me something from the ban list.
    Examples:
    Dramamine by Modest Mouse
    Rock You Like A Hurricane by Scorpions

What’s On The Tube?
    Is it a television theme song? Is it a song that was originally composed for a television show? Is it a previously existing song that was later used by a television show as their theme song? If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, then do WE have a category for YOU!
    (NOTE: Television shows exclusive to streaming sites are included in this category. Anime OPs are not allowed, since this was strip mined from the Dueling Walrus and originally a counterpoint to an Anime OPs category. Sorry, Bloods.)

Examples:
    WKRP in Cincinnati Main Theme by Steve Carlisle
    Short Skirt, Long Jacket by Cake

Everyone’s In A Band These Days
    It’s kinda true. I’ve come to learn that there are many actors and actresses who are also musicians. So send me some songs by these multi talented celebrities.
    Examples:
    Bad Dreams by Pete Yorn & Scarlett Johannsen
    Classico by Tenacious D

The Strong, Silent Type
    Some songs don’t need words to be great. So give me songs with no lyrics. Vocals as an instrument are acceptable, but spoken word segments are not. (RIP Great Gig in the Sky, disqualified on a technicality...)
    Examples:
    Rlyehs Lament by Deadmau5
    La Gazza Ladra Overture by Gioacchino Rossini

The Titleist Redux
    You know what a self-titled album is: the name of the album is the name of the musician or band. I want to hear songs from self-titled albums.
    Examples:
    The Unforgiven by Metallica
    Seven Seas of Rhye by Queen

Yeehaw!
    Sometimes it seems like Kansans fall under a particular list of stereotypes.
    Use “y’all” frequently… check.
    Watch Nascar… only when Bowyer’s in the chase, but check.
    Know how to drive a tractor… uhhh…
    Oh, here’s a good one! Listen to country music. Maybe y’all can help me with that one.

Examples:
    Friends In Low Places by Garth Brooks
    Heads Carolina, Tails California by Jo Dee Messina

And The Grammy Goes To…
    ...the song you send for this category. Send me a song that has won one or more Grammys. Any Grammy category listed here that isn’t about an album/soundtrack, a person and their achievements, or a technical aspect (such as sound editing or music videos) is an eligible category, even the defunct categories. And yes, the Grammy winners from the upcoming awards show on January 26th will also be eligible. To make qualifier checking easier, please mention which category the song won a Grammy in.
    Example:
    Tonite by LCD Soundsystem
    Spoonman by Soundgarden

Looking To The Future (aka 2020 Vision)
    For many decades, people have looked towards the year 2020 as a big damn deal. The cool gadgets we were expected to have, the exotic planets we were expected to explore… the, uh, inevitable catastrophic extinction we were expected to die in. Whatever our fate was speculated to be, people were fascinated with it. So let’s continue that tradition of focusing on the future with songs about the future and/or the three topics I just mentioned: technology, space, and/or the apocalypse.
    Examples:
    In The Year 2525 by Zager & Evans
    Mr. Roboto by Styx

Signups List

1. BLOODYRAIN10001 [Kong]
    2. leonard (from big bang theory) [Smogon]
    3. termi [Smogon]
    4. Aura Guardian [Smogon]
    5. Aladyyn [Smogon]
    6. shubaka17 [Smogon]
    7. Energy [Smogon]
    8. gbsfranca [MU]
    9. Dobby [MU]
    10. Lectrys [Smogon]
    11. Lebossle [Kong]
    12. Isa [Smogon]
    13. catgode [Kong]
    14. Muusu [Smogon]
    15. Logic [MU]
    16. Celever [Smogon]
    17. Owner Of A Lonely Heart [MU]
    18. LordQuas [MU]
    19. Andy Snype [Smogon]
    20. RaceBandit [Kong]
    21. nutella [MU]
    22. Your name could be here!

I'm going to do something unprecedented for me. Because the upcoming Grammys means there are qualifying songs that won't be known until late January, the signups and initial submissions phase is the entire month of January. Get it in before February 1st and I'll run the first reveal sometime in the first week of February.

EDIT: Courtesy of Aura Guardian, a Live From Here playlist has been found which can be used for the reverse covers category.
    Last edited by KnightsofCydonia; February 17th, 2020 at 01:25 PM.
    Boquise is the hero we need and the hero we deserve.

2. ISO #2
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Community
    PokéHeroes
    AKA
    zoomer

country cat kinda hard because I'm NOT AMERICAN
    Quote Originally Posted by Quick (#719)
    ISO him. He looks good to me. I don't want to see him lynched. Yeah, he had a troll post here and there, but he's playing pretty townie. I don't expect a 14 year old to troll like that as scum anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by dyachei (#734)
    gbs is not out of either range. the $%#!posting is basically how he lives his life.

3. ISO #3
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Mashups that use country songs are also acceptable for the country cat.

4. ISO #4
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA

Q: Oh, man, country?
    A: If the artist you sub has a wikipedia page and country is listed under that artist's genres, it counts. Mashups that use country songs and country-style covers of songs are also acceptable.

Q: Do I have to sub a specific song covered by Live From Here? What about a remix of the song? Or another song by that musician?
    A: It has to be the original version of the song that was covered in the video you choose.

Q: Are near matches okay for self-titled albums?
    A: Yes. Catfailing Sniper was a mistake.

Q: Does the television theme song have to be an opening song?
    A: No. Ending themes and themes used during episodes are also accepted.

Q: Is it a television theme song if it's a song by Television?
    A: No. The category writeup states what I want and I prefer the letter of the law over the spirit of the law.

Q: What the best way to tell if a Strong, Silent Type sub qualifies?
    A: If you go to Genius or another lyrics site and the page for the song says [Instrumental], it qualifies. If it has anything else in there (e.g. the lyrics page for Great Gig In The Sky includes a transcript of its spoken word segment), it does not qualify.

Q: Can we send mashups to more than just Silly Goose?
    A: Mashups are acceptable all around as long as they fit the respective categories you sub them for.

Q: How famous does a celebrity have to be?
    A: Big screen, small screen, Broadway, off-Broadway, commercials... I'm not gonna be picky here.

Q: What about a musician who acted later in life?
    A: That's fine, too.

Q: Uh, you said we can't sub your headers and outros... but you never said what those headers and outros are.
    A: Mea culpa. The following is a list of headers and outros in categorical order:

Slim Pickens Does The Right Thing and Rides The Bomb To Hell by The Offspring
    A Beginner's Guide to Destroying The Moon by Foster The People
    Pump Up JAPAN by DEADLIFT LOLITA
    We Ran Out of CD Space by Psychostick
    My Hero by Foo Fighters
    Hyperballad by Bjork
    Got My Own Thing Now by Squirrel Nut Zippers
    I Ran (So Far Away) by A Flock of Seagulls
    Cleveland Rocks by The Presidents of the United States
    Believe It or Not by Joey Scarbury
    You Don't Know My Mind by Hugh Laurie
    House of the Rising Sun by Jeremy Renner
    Wild Monk by Osamu Kitajima
    Aerodynamic by Daft Punk
    Take Me Out by Franz Ferdinand
    Tomorrow Comes Today by Gorillaz
    9 To 5 by Dolly Parton
    Sold (The Grundy County Auction Incident) by John Michael Montgomery
    What's Love Got To Do With It by Tina Turner
    Don't Worry Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin
    Astronomy Domine by Pink Floyd
    We Will All Go Together by Tom Lehrer

5. ISO #5
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Kongregate FGF
    AKA
    nikeas
    i used to loathe this walrus because of few awful cats (mainly live from here)

and, like, i still absolutely hate live from here
    but aside from it

ive embraced the low scores
    i learned the way of maximum meme
    im free of the shackles of judgement and opinions

im unchained and i will assault your eardrums

edit
    also third cat is a mistake did i say that? yeah im going for top 1 there
    Last edited by catgode; January 14th, 2020 at 12:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precarious
    nikeas never host a mafia again please
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomb
    these is one of those bands where I really can't comprehend how people like them. like every single thing about them is grating to me. more power to you if you do but damn, it's like basically nails on a chalkboard to me

6. ISO #6
    Spaceship, spaceship, SPACESHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Logic's Avatar Discord Moderator
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    Giant in the Playground
    AKA
    Yakostovian, Spacecamp, Planet-Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercedes (#2248)
    Man, Logic is hitting hard left and wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by bbt (#101)
    gdi Logic now I have some random-$%#! document in my phone downloads

7. ISO #7
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Two weeks left to sign up and/or start subbing to the PS2020 walrus!

And there's a new incentive to signing up! Reaching 20 or more players before the end of the month will unlock Adaptive Double Headers! How are they adaptive? I don't choose the second headers until the day of their respective reveals, meaning you can sub without worrying about bumping up against a surprise header!

8. ISO #8
    The Self Narrator Owner Of A Lonely Heart's Avatar
    Community
    personalitycafe.com/daily mafia
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

9. ISO #9
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    One week left to sign up and/or start subbing to PS2020. (I will be sending reminders to people who haven't sent weird title subs yet.)

The 20 players Adaptive Headers bonus has yet to be met.

And there's a second bonus available now for hitting 20 or more players! This bonus is... bonus points! Specifically, Theme Winner Bonus Points.

"Is this just you ripping off Bloody?" you ask. No! Here's how it works: For each category, I will ask myself a vital question regarding the category's theme. For example, my Limo 4 Emos category from my last walrus could have had the question "Which song is best able to bring me out of a bad mood?" The sub that best answers that question will get a bonus point added to their score. Up to three subs per category can earn a bonus point in the event of ties for best answer. So sign up, send subs, and rock out!
    Last edited by KnightsofCydonia; January 24th, 2020 at 01:15 PM.

10. ISO #10
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    PS2020 has hit 20 players! Adaptive Double Headers and Theme Winner Bonus Points will be included in the walrus.

11. ISO #11
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Remember, today is the last day to sign up for PS2020!

12. ISO #12
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Tentative reveal date for Weird and Wonderful is February 7th or 8th at 2pm cst.

Also, I've decided to streamline the crosschecking process by making a bigass google doc of all ineligible songs.

13. ISO #13
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Hitting up the new sushi bar was a mistake. I'm going to move the reveal to Sunday the 9th at 3pm.

14. ISO #14
    Timezone
    Community
    Kongregate FGF
    AKA
    nikeas
    Delay Station 2020

15. ISO #15
    Community
    Kongregate
    AKA
    BLOODY, blodds

16. ISO #16
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Category 1 - Weird and Wonderful

This round's theme bonus question: “Which title is the weirdest?”

Our headers for this round are Slim Pickens Does The Right Thing And Rides The Bomb To Hell and Dazed from the Dazzle of Decadence and Constantly Reminded of Death

21st Place
    Submitted by Lebossle
    Score: 4.7

MOUTH by Niel Cicierega

This was three minutes of making me feel vaguely uncomfortable, so your golf game’s off to a good start. How the hell did you find a Cicierega song that isn’t a banger?
    20th Place
    Submitted by catgode
    Score: 7.6

How Can You See Into My Eyes Like Open $%#! by Loffciamcore

I liked it until the scream two minutes in. Way to throw off the emperor’s groove, yo.
    19th Place
    Submitted by Dobby
    Score: 8.0

My Night With the Prostitute from Marseille by Beirut

At first, I wondered what language he was singing in… and I know it wasn’t my tinnitus’s fault.
    18th Place
    Submitted by RaceBandit
    Score: 8.1

Jazz Jackrabbit Fishing Tournament 2007 by Two Piece Squirrel

Now, I know I brought this on myself, but man, this category has a lot of “wtf am I listening to” in it.
    17th Place
    Submitted by Aladyyn
    Score: 8.2

It Ceases to Be "Whining" If You're Still "$%#!ting" Blood by Bomb the Music Industry!

A good song, but it left me wanting more of the rhythm and hand clapping from the first verse.
    16th Place
    Submitted by gbsfranca
    Score: 8.3

Thot Tactics by JPEGMAFIA

A touch of Clarence Clarity, a little je nais se quois, and the low level surrealism of a white guy literally making the thinking face as he tries to rank and score a new-to-him rapper.
    15th Place
    Submitted by Andy Snype
    Score: 8.4

Black Milk by Massive Attack

I’m familiar with whole milk, 2% milk, buttermilk, chocolate milk, strawberry milk, caramel milk, orange milk, blue milk...
    14th Place
    Submitted by Owner
    Score: 8.5

Mr. Blue Sky by Electric Light Orchestra

How have I never subbed this to anyone.
    Tied for 12th Place
    Submitted by Isa
    Score: 8.6

close,down,back,to by School Food Punishment

2:44 was an eye opener.
    Tied for 12th Place
    Submitted by termi

SDSS1416+13B (Zercon, A Flagpole Sitter) by Scott Walker

My first thought was “Nice voice.” My second thought was “Wait, what is this?” and my third thought was “Oh, this is twenty-one minutes, that’s what this is.” Usually the Termi LongSub™ comes later in the walrus, but I’m not complaining. Not sure I’d add Scott Walker to Pandora, but I’m curious about hearing the whole of Bish Bosch.
    Tied for 10th Place
    Submitted by Lectrys
    Score: 8.7

La Follia d’amore by Jun Ishikawa

So this is Japanese vgm with an Italian title that means “The Madness of Love”. It supposedly gets weirder when you consider it within the context of the game, but I’m not familiar with that context other than “this is boss fight music".
    Tied for 10th Place
    Submitted by Muusu
    Score: 8.7 [THEME WINNER]

He $%#! Out His Own Skeleton and Wore His Floppy Flesh Like A Trench Coat by Venetian Snares

So this is what the soundtrack to a manic high sounds like...
    Tied for 8th Place
    Submitted by Aura
    Score: 8.8

Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm by Crash Test Dummies

Hmm? Hmmmmm… Hm!
    Tied for 8th Place
    Submitted by shubaka

I was feeling down, then I found a nice witch and now we're best friends by In Love With a Ghost

I wouldn’t mind putting this on repeat while I get my brochet on.
    7th Place
    Submitted by Bloody
    Score: 8.9

Bloody Rain by Fuki

Well, to crib a page from Nuxl’s book, do you.
    Tied for 5th Place
    Submitted by Celever
    Score: 9.0

There's a Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered Honey, You Just Haven't Thought of it Yet by Panic! At The Disco

You’re lucky I don’t pandercap.
    Tied for 5th Place
    Submitted by energy

Of All The Gin Joints In All The World by Fall Out Boy

You’re incredibly lucky that I don’t pandercap...
    4th Place
    Submitted by LordQuas
    Score: 9.1

classic j dies and goes to hell part 1 by glass beach

Spoiler alert: there is no part 2. Opinion alert: there should be.
    3rd Place
    Submitted by leonard
    Score: 9.2

Wraith Pinned to the Mist and Other Games by ofMontreal

Well, it looks like you took notes last walrus.
    2nd Place
    Submitted by nutella
    Score: 9.3

We Were Born the Mutants Again with Leafling by ofMontreal

Another contestant who took notes last walrus. This one juuust squeaks by leonard’s sub on the catchy bop scale.
    1st Place
    Submitted by Logic
    Score: 9.4

#1 Zero by Audioslave

Did the furnace go out or are these goosebumps from the song?

And our outro is A Beginner’s Guide To Destroying The Moon

17. ISO #17
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Bonus points make their mark out of the gate, propelling this round’s theme winner Muusu to first on the leaderboard! Logic and nutella follow close behind with their podium wins.

Next round is Silly Goose. We’ll laugh it up on Monday the 17th at 2pm CST.

18. ISO #18
    Low Hanging Fruit LordQuas's Avatar Game Manager
    Timezone
    :wiwe

19. ISO #19
    Timezone
    Community
    Kongregate FGF
    AKA
    nikeas
    Quote Originally Posted by LordQuas (#18)
    Bonus points suck raaaaa
    cry more, youre losing to a moose clone kekekekekekekekekke

20. ISO #20
    Community
    Kongregate
    AKA
    BLOODY, blodds
    Bonus points suck raaaaa
    everyone is losing to a moose clone

21. ISO #21
    Spaceship, spaceship, SPACESHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Logic's Avatar Discord Moderator
    Timezone
    Community
    Giant in the Playground
    AKA
    Quote Originally Posted by BLOODYRAIN10001 (#20)
    Quote Originally Posted by catgode (#19)
    Bonus points suck raaaaa
    I'm confused:
    Am I being called the moose clone?

22. ISO #22
    Timezone
    Community
    Kongregate FGF
    AKA
    nikeas
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic (#21)
    Quote Originally Posted by BLOODYRAIN10001 (#20)
    Quote Originally Posted by catgode (#19)
    Bonus points suck raaaaa
    I'm confused:
    Am I being called the moose clone?
    the 1st place holder is literally "moose" in japanese
    youre 2nd total since muusu's score for the track + theme bonus propelled them higher
    congrats on the win btw

23. ISO #23
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    And to further complicate things, Muusu joined in the hopes of competing against Moose.

24. ISO #24
    Timezone
    Bonus points suck raaaaa
    Objectively they are bad though

Just stupid

25. ISO #25
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Welp, thread title called it quits already. Silly Goose is today at 2pm CST.

26. ISO #26
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Category 2 - Silly Goose

This round's theme bonus question: “Which song made me laugh the most?”

Our headers for this round are Pump Up JAPAN by DEADLIFT LOLITA and Three-Legged Man by Ray Stevens

21st Place
    Submitted by Lebossle
    Score: 2.7

PPAP But every time he says pen it gets bass boosted by Talking Nonsense

Pop some Excedrin and accept my apologies. Along with a warning that this is not the worst Leb sent me.
    20th Place
    Submitted by Muusu
    Score: 4.9

My Cheeseburger by Kurt Henry Heinecke

I’m getting VBS flashbacks...
    19th Place
    Submitted by gbsfranca
    Score: 6.3

money machine by 100 gecs

gbsfranca: if you throw up after you listen to my cat 2, lmk

UPDATE: I did not throw up.
    18th Place
    Submitted by termi
    Score: 6.7

Tupac alive in serbia by Kocayine

I don’t judge by the video. Which is a shame, since most of the humor here is in the video. I shared this to the memes channel of a friend’s server, though, so you did win in a way.
    17th Place
    Submitted by Catgode
    Score: 7.4

♂ The Prodigy - Voodoo People (Pendulum Remix) ♂ by duyui

I wonder what Adam’s up to these days?
    16th Place
    Submitted by Bloody
    Score: 7.9

Polka For Another Day by SilvaGunner

So many references to hit or miss, so much YMMV… it took me a few minutes to really get into it.
    15th Place
    Submitted by Dobby

We Are Number One but you're just Somebody That I Used To Know by Grandayy

The chorus crowds the two songs together and makes them compete to be heard, which doesn’t really work. If I had the skill and tech to edit that section, I’d lower the volume on the horns a little there and pace it so “We are number one” doesn’t overlap Gotye’s lyrics. But otherwise it’s a good mash.
    14th Place
    Submitted by Racebandit

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (Eurobeat Mix) by Go Go Girls

I am semi-unironically thinking of playing this for my niece when I have babysitting duty.
    Tied for 12th Place
    Submitted by energy

Chanukah Song by Adam Sandler

Damn, now I need to go see if I subbed Lunch Lady Land to anyone, because this could have been a missed opportunity.
    Tied for 12th Place
    Submitted by Lectrys

The Happy Happy Birthday Song by The Arrogant Worms

Voltaire’s my go-to for birthday songs. But I think I have options now.
    Tied for 10th Place
    Submitted by nutella

Bushes of Love by Bad Lip Reading

Damn, now I need to go see if I subbed Seagulls to anyone, because this could have been a missed opportunity.
    Tied for 10th Place
    Submitted by Owner

99 by Barns Courtney

Another one where it seems the humor’s in the video. And the sudden wizard bridge. But it lowkey slaps, so...
    Tied for 8th Place
    Submitted by Aladyyn

Mmph The Way You Mmph by Force-A-Nem ft. Pyrihanna

Mmmph? Mmmmmmph… Mmph!

Running jokes aside, I let out a malevolent chuckle at the end of this one. The moral of the story is don’t mess with my main.
    Tied for 8th Place
    Submitted by Isa

Waving My $%#! In The Wind by Ween

This is pretty groovy. Lowkey sounds like someone’s inspiration for a comedy movie screenplay.
    Tied for 6th Place
    Submitted by Celever

Thrift Shop by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Wanz

Damn, now I need to go see if I subbed Dance Off to anyone, because this could have been a missed opportunity.
    Tied for 6th Place
    Submitted by Logic

The Scotsman by Bryan Bowers

I’ve heard this joke before, but it’s a good one.
    5th Place
    Submitted by shubaka

Catallena by Orange Caramel

You say meme, I say banger.
    4th Place
    Submitted by LordQuas

Hurt Feelings by Flight of the Conchords

Back when I was working as a truckstop janitor, a kid came up to me one day and said, “You look like Garth from Wayne’s World got fat.” I haven’t bleached my hair since.
    3rd Place
    Submitted by Aura [THEME WINNER]

I Suck At Call Of Duty by Gavin Dunne

I did not expect this song to go this hard. This is a delight.
    2nd Place
    Submitted by Andy Snype

Anaconda by Nicki Minaj

Nm, just judging your anaconda on V-Day, hbu?
    1st Place
    Submitted by leonard

Bustin by Niel Cicierega

And THIS is why I made the bonus headers adaptive. I saw this coming from a mile away and I welcome it with open arms, as one would a dear old friend.

And this round's outro is We Ran Out of CD Space by Psychostick

27. ISO #27
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Aura’s bonus point edges out round winner leonard in the leaderboard. Logic follows close behind in third.

Round 3 is Live From Where?. We’ll live it up in our next live reveal on Tuesday the 25th at 2pm CST.

Andy Snype, energy, Isa, leonard, and Owner need to turn on their radios by Monday the 24th!

28. ISO #28
    Timezone

29. ISO #29
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    [10:40 AM] PS2020: Heads Up: I will be breaking my usual 8 days a week schedule for the next round and baking in a delay so I don't have to do judging on a major religious holiday. More details to come at the end of tomorrow's reveal.

30. ISO #30
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Speaking of tomorrow's reveal... it's happening today.

31. ISO #31
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Category 3 - Live From Where?

This round's theme bonus question: “Which song makes me want to hear more from that band?”

Our headers for this round are My Hero by Foo Fighters and Padam, Padam by Edith Piaf

NOTE: Today's reveal begins at 19th, due to a dense tie as per the dupes clause.

19th Place
    Submitted by Lebossle
    Score: 5.2

Clapping Music by Steve Reich & Wolfram Winkel

Should we give Leb a round of applause...?
    18th Place
    Submitted by Muusu
    Score: 6.9

Toxic by Britney Spears

Muusu claims this is worse than all their other subs. I’m conflicted because this is part annoying and part bop, so I’ll just let y’all be the eventual judge of that.
    17th Place
    Submitted by Lectrys
    Score: 7.6

Paragon Rag by Scott Joplin

Once upon a time, there were only two songs and they were both written by Stephen Foster. (Please ignore the fact that I stole that joke from Seth McFarlane.) Then Scott Joplin came along and said “Hold my whiskey”.
    16th Place
    Submitted by Celever
    Score: 7.8

Coyote by Joni Mitchell

It kinda sounds like something my mom would listen to on road trips.
    15th Place
    Submitted by Aura

Wednesday Morning, 3AM by Simon & Garfunkel

Seemed like just a fluffy little love song until halfway through. Kinda wish there was more to it, this is a story where I’d like some elaboration.
    14th Place
    Submitted by Bloody

Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds by The Beatles

But are those diamonds unbreakable?
    12th Place (Tie)
    Submitted by Andy Snype

Nobody by Judy Garland

My familiarity with this song is a brief Halloween joke sung by a skeleton. Nice to hear it in full and in Garland’s voice.
    12th Place (Tie)
    Submitted by Isa

Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown) by The Beatles

I vaguely remember at some point last year or the year before, I told myself “The Beatles is a blanket 6.5.” Wtf was I thinking back then.
    11th Place
    Submitted by Logic

Let It Happen by Tame Impala

For some reason, Tame Impala is one of those bands I’m quite aware of but have slept on. I’ve slept on it a little too much, tbh.
    10th Place
    Submitted by gbsfranca

Go Do (Full Studio Version) by Jónsi

Interesting backing here. They fit well with the ethereal quality of the vocals.
    9th Place
    Submitted by RaceBandit

Hard Times by Gillian Welch

Simple, yet fine.
    8th Place
    Submitted by Dobby

Actor Out Of Work by St. Vincent

Lovely harmonies and chords here. Reminds me a bit of Metric, but Metric has never made me go “oh, YES” like when they started vocalizing behind the lyrics here.
    7th Place (Dense Tie)
    Submitted by catgode, energy, and LordQuas

Bad Guy by Billie Ellish

Great minds think alike. First heard this in her SNL live performance.
    6th Place
    Submitted by Aladyyn

Just A Girl by No Doubt

If I had a dollar for how many times they played this at the roller rink during my high school years…

I’m not complaining, I’d just like to try being rich.
    5th Place
    Submitted by shubaka

Laughing With by Regina Spektor

It’s actually been a while since I listened to Regina Spektor. Thanks for changing that.
    4th Place
    Submitted by nutella

Tightrope by Janelle Monae ft. Big Boi

I turned up my audio about two minutes in. Makes me wanna dance.
    3rd Place
    Submitted by leonard

Them Changes by Thundercat

Update from last walrus: I’ve listened to… part of Drunk. I know, I know, I said I should- which is pretty close to saying I would- but I made the mistake of trying to listen to it on YouTube’s mobile app. Nothing says mood killer like an album with 20 unblockable ads on it. By the time this walrus is over, I probably will have rectified that egregious mistake.
    2nd Place
    Submitted by Owner

Life On Mars by David Bowie

You went far down the playlist for this one and I am so glad you put the time and effort into your search.
    1st Place
    Submitted by termi [THEME WINNER]
    Score: 9.6

Zombie by Fela Kuti

This slaps so hard my face still has the handprint. And it’s earned its bonus point. At the start, my brain went “Oh, baby, I wanna hear more of this.” 12 minutes passed and my brain hadn’t changed its tune. Yes, technically this means the song earned higher than a 10. I don’t mind that at ALL.

And our outro is Hyperballad by Bjork

32. ISO #32
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    leonard and nutella break through the bonus point barrier, taking first and second on the leaderboard. Aura Guardian and LordQuas tie for third.

Round 4 is Animal Magnetism Redux. Between tomorrow being Ash Wednesday and revealing on Thursday never happening, I have to adjust my usual 8 days a week schedule. We’ll go wild on Friday March 6th at 2pm CST.

33. ISO #33
    The Self Narrator Owner Of A Lonely Heart's Avatar
    Community
    personalitycafe.com/daily mafia
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    @KnightsofCydonia mostly I when I looked through the playlist, I was looking for an artist I knew more of their work than just one song.

34. ISO #34
    Timezone
    Community
    Giant in the Playground
    AKA

35. ISO #35
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    [9:46 AM] PS2020: My schedule has been out of whack recently and I'm behind on judging. I'm rescheduling Animal Magnetism Redux to Monday, time pending while I figure out how global DST works after the EU referendum.
    [9:48 AM] PS2020: Okay, to keep things eurofriendly, Animal Magnetism Redux has been rescheduled to Monday at 3pm CDT.

36. ISO #36
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    [10:47 AM] PS2020: IT'S SPRING BREAK! WOOOOO!

It's Spring Break and my roommate has scheduled three different trips out of town! Woo?

I don't know if this is going to directly affect the Monday reveal, but otherwise my schedule is in flux rn. Worse comes to worse, I skirt the issue entirely and push 4th round reveal back to the planned date for 5th round, Tuesday the 17th. (With some corny line about how the snakes St. Patrick drove out are animals.) But otherwise? I'm winging it.
    [11:00 AM] PS2020: NOTE: This might mean I start judging the 5th round ahead of time. If you haven't submitted a tv theme song to me yet, consider beating the rush and doing it now.
    [5:09 PM] PS2020: I just got confirmation that one of the trips is on Monday. So I will be going ahead with that plan to shift everything to Tuesday the 17th at 3pm CDT.
    [5:11 PM] PS2020: And I probably will get some 5th round judging done in the meantime, so I'll be sliding into your DMs if your tv theme song sub is pending.
    TL;DR: Round 4 on Tueday the 17th, and the gap between rounds 4 and 5 will probably be shorter.

37. ISO #37
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    [10:18 AM] PS2020: Bots are up, selfs are isolated... good day for a reveal.
    Today is Animal Magnetism Redux, tomorrow's reveal is What's On The Tube? and both are at 3pm CDT! Be there, becuase where else would you be right now?

38. ISO #38
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Category 3 - Animal Magnetism Redux

This round's theme bonus question: “Which song would I most want to add to an animal themed playlist?”

Our headers for this round are Got My Own Thing Now by Squirrel Nut Zippers and Chicken Payback by The Bees

21st Place
    Submitted by Muusu
    Score: 6.8

Once In A Lifetime by Kermit the Frog

Were I drunk enough, this would be the theme winner. But therein lies a slippery slope of determining “enough”.
    20th Place
    Submitted by termi

Heave Ho by Cows

I’ve played this song three times in a row and I’m still not entirely sure what I feel about it. It’s pretty good, tho.
    19th Place
    Submitted by Aladyyn

Sleep And Dream by Battle of Mice

I’m still kinda tryna wrap my head around the novelty of it. Her voice threw me a little.
    18th Place
    Submitted by Lebossle

Eugene vs Download: Rabid Battlers Power Struggle by Lapfox Trax

I actually forgot you pretty much sent me an album. It’s long and layered with harsh noise and surprisingly I kinda dig it. My favorite part is 20:21-23:45, though it perks up in general from the 20 minute mark onwards.

Tell me after the reveal if you sent this to troll me or if you were just trying to introduce me to some cool and obscure industrial noise type stuff. I overthought one of the subs I sent to you, so I may wanna swap it depending on your answer.
    17th Place
    Submitted by Logic

White Unicorn by Wolfmother

You’re the only one who went for the double whammy. Kudos for that.
    16th Place
    Submitted by shubaka

No Strings by I Fight Dragons

The backing reminds me of Anamanaguchi.
    15th Place
    Submitted by gbsfranca

Como Era Bom by Cachorro Grande

¿Qué pasa?
    Tied for 13th Place
    Submitted by energy

Young, Wild & Free by Snoop Dogg & Wiz Khalifa ft. Bruno Mars

This is lit.
    Tied for 13th Place
    Submitted by RaceBandit

Hotel California by The Eagles

You may scoff, you may roll your eyes, you may call it overrated… but this song is probably one of the reasons I’m into horror manga and Stephen King.
    12th Place
    Submitted by Andy Snype

Love Won’t Sleep by Lostboycrow

I thought at first that I might sleep on this, but nah, this is a bop.
    Tied for 10th Place
    Submitted by catgode

Megalovania (Camellia Remix) by Toby Fox

I’d say I’m not really into Undertale, but I kinda fell in love with Toby Fox’s discography while reading through Homestuck. Plus Camellia’s involved and putting some nice stank on it.
    Tied for 10th Place
    Submitted by LordQuas

Legendary Iron Hood by Open Mike Eagle

Oh, goodness… the man’s a casual poet.
    Tied for 8th Place
    Submitted by Bloody

Kakusei by Superfly

Intro fooled me into thinking I was gonna chill with a Yoko Kanno song.

BANGER used FAKE OUT! It’s a super effective bop!
    Tied for 8th Place
    Submitted by Celever

Fluorescent Adolescent by Arctic Monkeys

I almost put Arctic Monkeys in my examples, but I wanted to show the scope of the cat extends beyond mammals.
    Tied for 6th Place
    Submitted by Dobby

The King and All Of His Men by Wolf Gang

And speaking of super effective bops...
    Tied for 6th Place
    Submitted by nutella

Dark Am I by The Last Bison

Somehow, even though I’d never heard them before, I saw what you had subbed me and went “Oh boy, this gonna be good.” And I was quite right.
    Tied for 4th Place
    Submitted by Aura

Take It Easy by The Eagles

Now this is the road trip music I really wanna hear.
    Tied for 4th Place
    Submitted by leonard

Tokyo Drifting by Glass Animals ft. Denzel Curry

Qualification by technicality, but that’s quite okay. I’m not gonna turn around and burn you for a technicality, especially not after hearing Curry spitting fire.
    3rd Place
    Submitted by Isa

Love Will Save You by Swans

The guitars make me feel meditative. Then the vocals kick in and make me feel like I’m walking through a montage scene in an HBO show.
    2nd Place
    Submitted by Owner [THEME WINNER]
    Score: 9.5

The Jungle by Zayde Wolf

I was expecting to be welcomed with fun and games, not to get my face slapped off by awesomeness.
    1st Place
    Submitted by Lectrys
    Score: 9.6

Journey of the Sorcerer by The Eagles

When others lean into The Eagles, you lean into the obscure stuff that fell off the back of the radio station’s van.

And OMG it’s the BBC Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy theme! I didn’t even know that I have known and loved this song for such a long time. BBC series >>> movie, btw. (Zaphod got butchered by the movie interpretation…) You miiight have made a mistake by subbing this one a category too soon, but we’ll see about that.

And our outro is I Ran (So Far Away) by A Flock of Seagulls

39. ISO #39
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    leonard holds on to his lead in 1st as Owner jumps up to 2nd. Aura shares 3rd again, this time with nutella.

Round 5 is What’s On The Tube?. Same bat time, same bat channel! Tomorrow at 3pm CDT!

Also, if you want to swap out your tv theme song… today’s your last chance!

40. ISO #40
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Category 5 - What's On The Tube?

This round's theme bonus question: “Which song is most apropos to its show?”

Our headers for this round are from The Drew Carey Show and The Greatest American Hero

21st Place
    Submitted by Lebossle
    Score: 0.3

The Song That Never Ends by Sheri Lewis
    [For your protection, this link has been removed. You're welcome.]

OH GOD NO
    20th Place
    Submitted by Dobby
    Score: 6.1

Björnes Magasin by Anders Linder

I had quite a few players who said “Idk what to send, I don’t watch tv.” You, you swapped to this. From the X-Files theme. So you have no excuse.
    19th Place
    Submitted by Muusu
    Score: 7.7

Friends Halation by Triple-Q

clap clap clap clap

Now that I got that out of the way, it got a little weird when the vocals switched over. I could have gone the whole song with just Snow Halation vocals and the only complaint I would have had was the claps were muffled.
    18th Place
    Submitted by Isa

Kalles Klätterträd by Jojje Wadenius

Do you want to post the lyrics translation you DMed me or should I?
    17th Place
    Submitted by RaceBandit
    Score: 7.9

Force Field by Zack Lawrence

You mean there are game shows out there that I’ve never even HEARD of? Madness, I say, MADNESS!
    16th Place
    Submitted by Owner
    Score: 8.0

George Shrinks Theme by Colin James
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eIzkuPx_UM

Not enjoying the sfx over the song, but this is far better than I was expecting.
    15th Place
    Submitted by LordQuas

Fuguefat by The Octopus Project

So this is the theme song to The Smash Brothers, a docuseries about the Super Smash Bros. community and its most notable competitive players.
    14th Place
    Submitted by Lectrys

The Amazing Race Main Theme by John M. Keane

Feels like this isn’t the full version of this song, which is a shame because it’s kinda banger.
    13th Place
    Submitted by termi

Windswept (Reprise) by Johnny Jewel

.maj ym siht ,haey wA
    Tied for 11th Place
    Submitted by Andy Snype

Pokemon Johto by Johto

It probably says a lot about me that I logged the Pokemon anime to the TV theme songs cat and then went “Hey, wait a minute…” But there are a couple of reasons I accepted something that treads a fine line between TV theme song and anime OP. The cool reason is that the localization team auditioned and hired American singers to form a new band specifically for English dub Pokemon theme songs. And the harsh truth is it was one of the 4Kids whitewashed cash crops. If onigiri can be jelly donuts, then Johto can sing TV theme songs.
    Tied for 11th Place
    Submitted by gbsfranca

A Grande Família by Dudu Nobre

Reminds me of the tejano radio station that was always playing in the carpool at my first job.
    Tied for 9th Place
    Submitted by Aladyyn

Cambio Dolor by Natalia Oreiro

Why do telenovelas always have better music than the daytime soaps?
    Tied for 9th Place
    Submitted by Celever

All You Need Is Love by The Beatles

So in the course of determining the theme winner, I took a look at where this song was used: the final episode of The Prisoner. I don’t think the juxtaposition does it any favors on theme winner, but it made me want to watch The Prisoner, so that’s something.
    8th Place
    Submitted by catgode

Lunatic Peels ~ Invisible Full Net by turdl3

The pace of the lyrics was a bit disorienting on the first listen, but it’s a frickin’ Overdrive mash and that alone is enough to make me happy.
    Tied for 6th Place
    Submitted by Aura

Game of Thrones Main Title by Ramin Djawadi

Even if the finale was a flop, there’s always the theme song.
    Tied for 6th Place
    Submitted by Bloody

Akane by Kanojo IN THE DISPLAY

Welp, you found a workaround.
    5th Place
    Submitted by energy

Superman by Lazlo Bane

4th Place
    Submitted by Logic

The Mandalorian Main Theme Song (80s Retro Synthwave Cover) by YSSY

Man, why you do this to me. You probably just spoiled me for the original version and I haven’t even heard the original version yet.
    3rd Place
    Submitted by shubaka {THEME WINNER]

Teen Titans by Puffy AmiYumi

You’ve hit me right in the, uh… I wanna say childhood, but I was just out of high school when Teen Titans started airing.
    2nd Place
    Submitted by leonard

Change for the World by Charles Bradley

I’ve always lowkey wanted to watch Barry despite my lack of HBO. And now you’ve made me want it even more.
    1st Place
    Submitted by nutella

You’ve Got Time by Regina Spektor

The YouTube comments for this vid are talking about people skipping the theme song and honestly, I just can’t understand why people would skip this.

And our outro is from Frasier

41. ISO #41
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    leonard leads the ratings with his hit show, King of 9.3s. nutella and shubaka snag prime time slots in second and third.

Round 6 is Everyone’s In A Band These Days. We’re back to the usual schedule, so let’s get starstruck on Friday the 27th at 3pm CDT.

42. ISO #42
    Timezone
    Community
    Hattrick
    AKA
    dobby
    Pronouns
    it/it/its/its/itself

43. ISO #43
    Timezone

44. ISO #44
    Community
    Kongregate
    AKA
    BLOODY, blodds

45. ISO #45
    Timezone
    Community
    Giant in the Playground
    AKA
    Back into reasonable contention! Thank you Mando; This is the way!

46. ISO #46
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    [4:31 PM] PS2020: My tinnitus is acting up, so I'm going to move the reveal to Monday the 30th at 2pm CDT.
    Last edited by KnightsofCydonia; March 25th, 2020 at 05:35 PM.

47. ISO #47
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Get ready, we're touring the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 3 hours!

48. ISO #48
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Category 6 - Everyone’s In A Band These Days

This round's theme bonus question: “Which celebrity presence made me pog hardest?”

Our headers for this round are You Don’t Know My Mind by Hugh Laurie and Lady Come Down by Colin Firth and Rupert Everett

21st Place
    Submitted by Lebossle
    Score: 1.2

Lady Gaga ft. Jim Carrey by idk who made this so don't ask me

In my defense, my brain was already fried halfway through checking Leb’s subs. So yes, this shouldn’t really be here, but tbf this shouldn’t really exist.
    20th Place
    Submitted by Muusu
    Score: 4.7

Magnet by Clintonloid and Trumpoid

You should have seen the writeup I had before Muusu swapped from one Trumpoid song to another. It was brilliant, the best writeup, very incredible with very clever wording. It had a tremendously nice reference, one you would have LOVED! But then, Muusu goes and swaps to this? I mean, I get it, it’s golf. Can this golf game of Muusu’s win against Lebossle? You’ll find out. But I’ve been wronged here, believe me.
    19th Place
    Submitted by termi
    Score: 5.0

The Neden Game by Insane Clown Posse

Anyone who says this is a catfail needs to go google Big Money Rustlas. I’d rather watch that again than hear this again. Shoulda hit me up with one of their murder songs.
    18th Place
    Submitted by Owner
    Score: 7.7

Isabelle by Dogstar

I’m fussy as hell about live audio quality, but thank you for this rare gem.
    17th Place
    Submitted by energy

You’re Welcome by Dwayne Johnson

I see your Maui and raise you my Maui.
    16th Place
    Submitted by Logic

The Hanging Tree by Jennifer Lawrence

I may not know much about good movies, but I know good music when I hear it.
    15th Place
    Submitted by Dobby

In The Room Where You Sleep by Dead Man’s Bones

Did I just find an excuse to watch La La Land? Hmm...
    Tied for 13th Place
    Submitted by Andy Snype

Tomorrow by Ryan Reynolds

Someone, I think it was Shub, shared this with me back when I first started talking about The Masked Singer in the server. Tbh, I’d love to hear this polished up into a studio version. Reynolds has a really nice voice.
    Tied for 13th Place
    Submitted by Bloody

The Garden of Everything by Maaya Sakamoto ft. Steve Conte

Now I’m wondering if you’ve got RahXephon in your collection or if we could finagle it for our next time streaming.
    12th Place
    Submitted by Lectrys

Theme From New York, New York by Frank Sinatra

Iirc, the only Sinatra movie I’ve seen is Robin and the Seven Hoods. It’s a good movie, though, and one I would recommend.
    11th Place
    Submitted by LordQuas

Summertime by DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince

Y’know, for a guy who gave himself first billing, Jeff doesn’t rap much.
    10th Place
    Submitted by Aladyyn

The Bloody Verdict of Verden by Sir Christopher Lee

I’m so happy Saruman abandoned the dark side and embraced the power of symphonic metal.
    Tied for 8th Place
    Submitted by Aura

The Angels Came Down by Kevin Costner & Modern West

Are you sure you weren’t planning to sub this for the country cat?
    Tied for 8th Place
    Submitted by Celever

Gettin’ Jiggy Wit It by Will Smith

For some reason, my brain wants to make a mash of this and Talk Dirty To Me.
    Tied for 6th Place
    Submitted by leonard

Party All The Time by Eddie Murphy

This sounds so 80s. Last time I remember hearing Eddie Murphy sing, he was in character as Buckwheat.
    Tied for 6th Place
    Submitted by RaceBandit

True Survivor by David Hasslehoff

Uh, this is the part where I ping Mendel because he’s German, right?
    Tied for 4th Place
    Submitted by gbsfranca

Unchain My Heart by Hugh Laurie

I kinda wanna see the look on your face when the header plays. Maybe you DO know my mind...
    Tied for 4th Place
    Submitted by shubaka

Cherries Jubiles by Yukika

Well, you did say it’s unique. I wonder what the studio version sounds like.
    Tied for 2nd Place
    Submitted by catgode

Holding Out For A Hero by Jennifer Saunders

Should I be embarrassed that I’ve seen all four Shreks or should I just lean into the fact that this cover is fire?
    Tied for 2nd Place
    Submitted by Isa

This is War by 30 Seconds To Mars

How the hell have I slept on this band so damn much when this is so damn good?
    1st Place
    Submitted by nutella [THEME WINNER]
    Score: 9.5

I Wish I Knew (How It Would Feel To Be Free) by Jeff Goldblum & The Mildred Snitzer Orchestra

I pogged so hard upon seeing what nutella subbed that I literally made the pog face. It’s Jeff $%#!ing Goldblum! And he’s a JAZZ PIANIST! I’m plotzing, I’m plotzing!

And our outro is House of the Rising Sun by Jeremy Renner

49. ISO #49
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    nutella steals the spotlight in first place. leonard and shubaka round out a star-studded leaderboard.

Round 6 is The Strong, Silent Type. We’re not speaking to each other on Tuesday April 7th at 2pm CDT!

50. ISO #50
    Timezone
    Community
    Kongregate FGF
    AKA
    nikeas
    i've been robbed by getting tied with 30 secs to mars tbh

abnormally good cat tho

also not sure if i should be sad or happy that none of my subs will ever live up to being motherfucking shrek ost
    Quote Originally Posted by Precarious
    nikeas never host a mafia again please
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomb
    these is one of those bands where I really can't comprehend how people like them. like every single thing about them is grating to me. more power to you if you do but damn, it's like basically nails on a chalkboard to me