Mafia Universe Awards 2020 - Nominations

Mafia Universe Awards 2020 - Nominations

2015 Awards
    2016 Awards
    2017 Awards
    2018 Awards
    2019 Awards

RULES/GUIDELINES

1. Everyone who has played at least one game on Mafia Universe is eligible to nominate or second a nomination in this thread. Do this by bolding your nomination and the relevant category. Once a nomination has been seconded, it will pass as an official preliminary nomination.
    2. You may not nominate or second a nomination for yourself, though you are allowed to campaign for yourself if you wish.
      When making an original nomination for a category, you must include a short description explaining the nomination. No need to write a full essay, but think of it in terms of describing the nomination to someone not familiar with the game in question. You must also provide a link to context if making a nomination for funniest/most memorable moment. This is still mandatory
    3. The deadline for preliminary nominations is December 31, 2020. More details at that time for how we'll proceed with final nominations/voting/ceremony.
    4. Any feedback about this thread should use this thread, or be brought directly to the 2020 Awards account.
    5. Do not nominate anything from currently ongoing games.
    6. Users banned during the time of voting for a period greater than three months for poor conduct are ineligible for awards.

Other changes for 2020:
    1. TBD

Reminder:
    All nominations must have a description in order to be added. If you wish to second a nomination that does not currently have a description, you may add a description yourself.

Player who did exceedingly well in a specific game as town. Include the game with your nomination.

Nominations to be made

Player who did exceedingly well in a specific game as town. Include the game with your nomination.

Nominations to be made

Player who did exceedingly well in a specific game as scum. Include the game with your nomination.

Nominations to be made

Player who did exceedingly well in a specific game as scum. Include the game with your nomination.

Nominations to be made

Player who did exceedingly well in a specific game as neutral. Include the game with your nomination.

Nominations to be made

Player who did exceedingly well in a specific game as neutral. Include the game with your nomination.

Nominations to be made

Player who did exceedingly well at deployment of a power role randed to them in a single game. Examples of these potentially cover someone making multiple accurate shots as a vigilante, a great save as a doctor, etc.

Nominations to be made

Player who excels at figuring out game mechanics and using it to their advantage and/or player who excels at planning and strategizing for their team (including deciding optimal night actions, cop hunting etc.)

Nominations to be made

Player who delivered an excellent, memorable performance in that they replaced into

Nominations to be made

Player who consistently delivers an excellent, memorable performance in games that they replaced into and/or a player who consistently contributes and helps out the community and game hosts by replacing into games

Nominations to be made

Player who excels in turbo games.

Nominations to be made

Only players who played their very first game of forum mafia in 2020 are eligible to be nominated for this award. I.e. this is not an award for "rookie Mafia Universe players", since a player super experienced in forum mafia could be new to MU.

Nominations to be made

Player whose overall gameplay has displayed the most improvement since the end of the past calendar year. Rookies to MU are not eligible for this award.

Nominations to be made

Player who consistently gives it his all, whether it works out or not.

Nominations to be made

Player who is just generally awesome and fun to play with.

Nominations to be made

Player who excels at being a good teammate for their alignment. Examples of being a good teammate don't necessarily necessitate that player dominating for their alignment in the game. The award is moreso geared towards a player who keeps morale up in wolfchat, did a lot of work in a mason/neighborhood chat, was a good thread captain as town, etc.

Nominations to be made

Player who excels at playing town, which can include having good reads, being excellent at avoiding mislynch, being generally persuasive, being a leader and/or a calming and rational presence for one's team, etc.

Nominations to be made

Player who excels at playing scum, which can include being excellent at avoiding lynch and pocketing people, having pure tone, being generally successful in manipulating/sowing discord and guiding town towards mislynches, being good at cop hunting, being good at pulling off effective gambits, being helpful to inexperienced scum partners, etc.

Nominations to be made

Player who excels in all roles.

Nominations to be made

Town team who did exceedingly well in a specific game. Include the game with your nomination.

Nominations to be made

Town team who did exceedingly well in a mash. Include the game with your nomination.

Nominations to be made

Mafia team who did exceedingly well in a specific small game. Include the game with your nomination.

Nominations to be made

Mafia team who did exceedingly well in a specific mash. Include the game with your nomination.

Nominations to be made

Neutral team who did exceedingly well in a specific small game. Include the game with your nomination.

Nominations to be made

Neutral team who did exceedingly well in a specific mash. Include the game with your nomination.

Nominations to be made

Hydra pair who did exceedingly well in a specific game. Include the game with your nomination.

Nominations to be made

Player who excels at hosting games overall, including designing well-balanced, fun and creative setups, writing good flavor, being dependable and fair in dealing with issues, taking care of players, being thorough, etc.

Nominations to be made

Host/helper/co-host who excels at writing funny, creative or otherwise awesome flavor stories/texts for games.

bbt for TCoDf Invitational II: An Abundance of Wooloos
    Nominated by: Boquise
    Seconded by: LanMisa
    This is a short, sweet and wholesome story about the Wooloo Wahoo! And some sneaky Mareeps putting poor wooloos on fire! It ends like a story about Wooloos should end. Won't spoil tho.

Game that was designed and/or hosted exceedingly well in addition to being an enjoyable and fun experience for the players.

Nominations to be made

Mash that was designed and/or hosted exceedingly well in addition to being an enjoyable and fun experience for the players.

Nominations to be made

Game that had a new/creative mechanic that added to the game's entertainment factor.

Nominations to be made

Funniest or very memorable moment/event/day/happening/interaction in a mafia game.

Nominations to be made

Funniest or most impressive fake claim in a mafia game.

Nominations to be made

Caught scum posting gifs while waiting to being lynched.

Nominations to be made

Player who makes, posts, (or both) the finest of GIFs.

Nominations to be made

The member of the site most willing to go out of their way to help the community.

Makaze
    Nominated by: LanMisa
    Seconded by: Boquise
    Also, despite it being early this year, I nominate Makaze for Community VIP since I do think that they deserve it after years of pouring everything into this site that is, to my knowledge, the technical pinnacle of Forum Mafia.

I'm honestly surprised they didn't even win ONCE yet.
    Last edited by Logic; February 20th, 2020 at 02:05 PM.

2. ISO #2
    Community
    mafiamaniac
    Lets bring all feedback to Duke! He will be pleased tbh!
    Reeee-ing into the void and flailing around like a magikarp since 2013

3. ISO #3
    No longer a rabbit Logic's Avatar Discord Moderator
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    Giant in the Playground
    AKA
    Yakostovian, Spacecamp, Planet-Man
    Lets bring all feedback to Duke! He will be pleased tbh!
    I second this motion.
    @Duk3star is in charge of awards again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercedes (#2248)
    Man, Logic is hitting hard left and wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by bbt (#101)
    gdi Logic now I have some random-ass document in my phone downloads

4. ISO #4
    Community
    mafiamaniac
    I nominate bbt for best flavour writing in this game https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...nce-of-Wooloos

This is a short, sweet and wholesome story about the Wooloo Wahoo! And some sneaky Mareeps putting poor wooloos on fire! It ends like a story about Wooloos should end. Won't spoil tho.

bbt's story is super cute!

5. ISO #5
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Community
    Forum Paradox
    I nominate bbt for best flavour writing in this game https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...nce-of-Wooloos

Second, I followed the game as a reader because of the flavour only, to be honest.

6. ISO #6
    Community
    mafiamaniac

7. ISO #7
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    The Cave of Dragonflies
    AKA
    Eifie, zeep

Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#122)
    bbtbh wolf because bbt actually made reads
    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#24)
    bbt would never be less than 100% serious!!

8. ISO #8
    Timezone
    Community
    Forum Paradox
    Also, despite it being early this year, I nominate Makaze for Community VIP since I do think that they deserve it after years of pouring everything into this site that is, to my knowledge, the technical pinnacle of Forum Mafia.

Last edited by LanMisa; February 2nd, 2020 at 06:43 PM.

9. ISO #9
    Community
    mafiamaniac
    Last edited by Boquise; February 2nd, 2020 at 06:57 PM.

10. ISO #10
    Cuddles Wolves Mill Crab's Avatar Flake Moderator
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Mafia Universe

Third tbh. The flavor was really, really good!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cron (#16505)
    another is mash

Another powerful game of the city of crappy

11. ISO #11
    Timezone
    Community
    EpicMafia/DailyMafia
    AKA
    Onuzq
    Would put @MamaTort up for flavor as the wolf role in https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...p-Role-Madness

She had a lot of fun with the team's role of creating flavor and role blocking players they named while doing it. Probably is only the first game she writes flavor in as she shown some interest in doing it in future games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empoof (#4961)
    it was jaleb

@Jaleb is a god
    ??Frog ??Last Thursday at 8:11 AM
    ok dudes
    you can discuss the event here if you want

Jaleb (RB/1% ITA)Last Thursday at 8:05 AM
    Done, will take my prize now
    I do have a 1900 rating in solving tactics :smiley:

AndrewGreve(night vig/39%ITA)Last Thursday at 8:10 AM
    hey
    i dont know chess tactics
    should I try?

Jaleb (RB/1% ITA)Last Thursday at 8:10 AM
    1. Bf6 2. Qh7 3. Rf7 4. Nh6 5. Re5 6. ... Qh3 7. Qd8 8. h7 9. ... Ne5+; fxe5 h5 10. ... Bg1; Kg3 Qf2; Kh3 Qh2 i you want the answer, not that it matters
    if*

??Frog ??Last Thursday at 8:11 AM
    Jaleb, you're lowkey Magnus

12. ISO #12
    Timezone
    Community
    Torn.com
    AKA
    Mama, Tort, Torty
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Would put @MamaTort up for flavor as the wolf role in https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...p-Role-Madness

She had a lot of fun with the team's role of creating flavor and role blocking players they named while doing it. Probably is only the first game she writes flavor in as she shown some interest in doing it in future games.
    That was my first attempt at flavor!! Thanks for the nod!
    Walk gently in this world, for we cannot separate ourselves from Gaia any more than the tortoise can detach its shell.

13. ISO #13
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Aquilla here, i'll be in charge of awards this year. But as Logic stated, all inquiries about 2020 awards should be directed at this account.

14. ISO #14
    Furry Collective Keeper of the Swans Michelle's Avatar
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    AnimeBase
    Seconding Makaze!
    Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#3563)
    MU is not a betting game, it's a lie detection and lying game.
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#4792)
    But, soft! What light through yonder window breaks? It is the sun, and Michelle is the east.

Quote Originally Posted by ladd (#933)
    jaleb probably willaging too

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrman (#13168)
    Wolves never w peek someone
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilica (#720)
    Some pressure makes Diamonds out of coal so why not do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall (#2318)
    By the reads formulated yesterday, I hereby declare you, Michelle, scum by PoE, and sentence you to death for the accusation of High Treason and Werewolfing.

##Vote Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by Dimma Davidoff (#102)
    Mafia is a real world game. The situations in Mafia are real, and one can not use anything but oneself. It is life. Very dense life. Look at it this way - Mafia are zombies, they are not free, they are bound by their knowledge of each other and a need to eliminate others. Citizens are free to make their own bounds. If you learn to do it well, then you could find zombies (people with alliance with past) in real life and turn them over to your side of the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Trustworthy Liberal (#153)
    Well am here not here sorta-kinda asleep but kinda not 3 expresso shots was too much so let me think of something to entertain you most likely won't and will just pass out the second the expresso wears off, to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Makaze (#15)
    I'll get right on downloading the PM's directly into your brain.

Coming on Christmas 2040.

15. ISO #15
    Timezone
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    Akarna
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself

Seconded!
    DoubtingThomas: wtf wisdom $#@!ing derp clearing the living $#@!

16. ISO #16
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    NovoCiv

The Drew Brees of forum werewolf.
    leaping up into the air getting juiced up beyond belief

17. ISO #17
    Timezone
    Community
    Town Of Salem
    AKA
    fwogcarf22
    games that ended due to breach of integrity don't count right
    Quote Originally Posted by Jockmcplop (#1800)
    I can't get my head around fwog.
    He's so townie but so scummy at the same time.

18. ISO #18
    IKEA Aquilla's Avatar Game Manager
    Community
    Daily Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by fwogcarf (#17)
    games that ended due to breach of integrity don't count right
    i'd probably still accept individual nominations.

19. ISO #19
    Timezone
    Community
    Forum Paradox
    Nominating Danganronpa Mash for Best Town performance - Group (Mash)

Wolves got stomped this game, both lynches D1 and D2 were on wolves, by EOD2 60% of the wolves were already dead and the game ended during D3 ITA's after the last remaining wolf basically conceded. Town traded 1v1 during the whole game, which is another proof for an insane performance.
    Last edited by LanMisa; February 19th, 2020 at 02:18 PM.

20. ISO #20
    Timezone
    Nominate town of danganronpa mash for best large game town
    :wiwe

21. ISO #21
    Timezone
    Nominating Danganronpa Mash for Best Team performance in a Mash - Town.

Wolves got stomped this game, both lynches D1 and D2 were on wolves, by EOD2 60% of the wolves were already dead and the game ended during D3 ITA's after the last remaining wolf basically conceded. Town traded 1v1 during the whole game, which is another proof for an insane performance.
    Or second I suppose
    :wiwe

22. ISO #22
    Community
    murdermystery@gmail
    Quote Originally Posted by LordQuas (#21)
    Quote Originally Posted by LanMisa (#19)

Or second I suppose
    I don't think we can nominate ourselves guys, however...

23. ISO #23
    Timezone
    Community
    Forum Paradox
    Nominating GeneralHankerchief (as Morbo) for Best Town Performance - Single (Mash)

In a game with extremely noteworthy performances from many town players (for example Phighter and Dyachei), Morbo was standing out in my opinion. From Day 1 on he led town, being one of the key factors to lynching the poisoner, being so towny that he was voted for Student Council president during the same day phase. From Day 2 on he led town, organised ITA lists, weighed information and generally made sure to keep town on track and from making dumb mistakes (like revenge ITA shots). Ending on yet ANOTHER wolf on EOD2 he then proceeded to create an iron-clad POE that ended up in five deaths during ITA1, four of which were the remaining wolves.

He might not have the most pelts during this game (I didn't count), but what made his performance special is how he managed to keep order, allow townies under pressure to redeem themselves and work themselves out of the POE, decided to trust others over his own gut feelings (like the "red check" on Grant, for example) and was just the textbook example of a town leader the rest of the town can lean on to shine themselves.

24. ISO #24
    Nominating GeneralHankerchief (as Morbo) for Best Town Performance - Single (Mash)

In a game with extremely noteworthy performances from many town players (for example Phighter and Dyachei), Morbo was standing out in my opinion. From Day 1 on he led town, being one of the key factors to lynching the poisoner, being so towny that he was voted for Student Council president during the same day phase. From Day 2 on he led town, organised ITA lists, weighed information and generally made sure to keep town on track and from making dumb mistakes (like revenge ITA shots). Ending on yet ANOTHER wolf on EOD2 he then proceeded to create an iron-clad POE that ended up in five deaths during ITA1, four of which were the remaining wolves.

He might not have the most pelts during this game (I didn't count), but what made his performance special is how he managed to keep order, allow townies under pressure to redeem themselves and work themselves out of the POE, decided to trust others over his own gut feelings (like the "red check" on Grant, for example) and was just the textbook example of a town leader the rest of the town can lean on to shine themselves.
    Second!

25. ISO #25
    Community
    XHF, MU
    AKA
    Caffrey
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Nominating Danganronpa Mash for Best Town performance - Group (Mash)

Seconding

D3 ITA1 lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#233)
    So here's the deal, Champ.

1. Phighter's $#@!ing with you.

26. ISO #26
    Timezone
    Community
    AnimeBase
    Quote Originally Posted by Limestone (#24)
    Quote Originally Posted by LanMisa (#23)

Second!
    Third
    But, soft! What light through yonder window breaks? It is the sun, and Michelle is the east.

By the reads formulated yesterday, I hereby declare you, Michelle, scum by PoE, and sentence you to death for the accusation of High Treason and Werewolfing.

##Vote Michelle

Mafia is a real world game. The situations in Mafia are real, and one can not use anything but oneself. It is life. Very dense life. Look at it this way - Mafia are zombies, they are not free, they are bound by their knowledge of each other and a need to eliminate others. Citizens are free to make their own bounds. If you learn to do it well, then you could find zombies (people with alliance with past) in real life and turn them over to your side of the future.

Well am here not here sorta-kinda asleep but kinda not 3 expresso shots was too much so let me think of something to entertain you most likely won't and will just pass out the second the expresso wears off, to be honest

27. ISO #27
    Timezone
    UTC+00:00
    AKA
    Lukundo
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by LordQuas (#21)
    Quote Originally Posted by LanMisa (#19)

Or second I suppose
    I don't think we can nominate ourselves guys, however...

I nominate it then.

28. ISO #28
    Timezone
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    Akarna
    Pronouns
    I wanna nominate @Roro_b for a phenomenal town play in a light game - The mountanious in LGCC.

He only lived for a day and even though he wasn't widely town read, he got nk'd day 1 because of his read list got every scum read right. A really impressive d1.

29. ISO #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#15)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaleb (#11)

Seconded!
    Third. It was a great first impression game of her for me in general, and she didn't phone in her roles power.
    I
    Could
    Not
    Wait
    Too
    Be
    Your
    Friend
    Family

30. ISO #30
    Nominating Phighter for Best Town Performance - Single (Mash)

The Danganronpa game stands out as extremely strong Town performance overall. There are easily half a dozen or more town players with multiple examples of great town plays but I believe the best player, overall, was Phighter. From everything entailing a consistent town tone, his reads, his actions, a good portion of the Danganronpa town victory can be attributed to him.
    "Confusion is his meta!"
    -Michelle

31. ISO #31
    Quote Originally Posted by FaitAccompli (#30)
    Nominating Phighter for Best Town Performance - Single (Mash)

The Danganronpa game stands out as extremely strong Town performance overall. There are easily half a dozen or more town players with multiple examples of great town plays but I believe the best player, overall, was Phighter. From everything entailing a consistent town tone, his reads, his actions, a good portion of the Danganronpa town victory can be attributed to him.
    second! phi had great reads that game yeah XD

32. ISO #32
    Nominating the Mafia from Magicians 17P Role Madness for Best Scum Performance - Group (Small Game)
    Pretty dominant victory over the Town here. I believe the first couple of phases all the top wagons were villagers, with a ruthless Scum eliminating Town power roles and most active players until no stable town core remained.
    "Confusion is his meta!"
    -Michelle

33. ISO #33
    Nominating El-ahrairah in Magicians 17P Role Madness for Best Scum Performance - Single Player (Small Game
    After engaging in a nefarious scam of cutesy overload this heartless monster remained mostly townread despite doubts over what his role actually did N1 and lead the scum team to victory, sealing the town's fate with this post.

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...=1#post3710983
    "Confusion is his meta!"
    -Michelle

34. ISO #34
    Nominating Michelle for Most Dedicated/Enthusiastic Player

whether it is playing multiple games at the same time, playing many games not friendly to her time zone, her setting alarm clocks to wake up at multiple times of the night to monitor a thread she's engaged with, translating content from games as she is not a native English speaker to just be able to play, to even her methodical style of chewing through ISO's to capture scum; she is without a doubt the most dedicated Mafia player I have ever seen in my 10+ years of playing.
    "Confusion is his meta!"
    -Michelle

35. ISO #35
    Timezone
    Community
    AnimeBase
    Quote Originally Posted by FaitAccompli (#32)
    Nominating the Mafia from Magicians 17P Role Madness for Best Scum Performance - Group (Small Game)
    Pretty dominant victory over the Town here. I believe the first couple of phases all the top wagons were villagers, with a ruthless Scum eliminating Town power roles and most active players until no stable town core remained.
    Quote Originally Posted by FaitAccompli (#33)
    Nominating El-ahrairah in Magicians 17P Role Madness for Best Scum Performance - Single Player (Small Game
    After engaging in a nefarious scam of cutesy overload this heartless monster remained mostly townread despite doubts over what his role actually did N1 and lead the scum team to victory, sealing the town's fate with this post.

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...=1#post3710983
    I second both of these. As town I had a very hard time in that game but it was in the same time the most enjoyable defeat

##Vote Michelle

36. ISO #36
    Cuddles Wolves Mill Crab's Avatar Flake Moderator
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Quote Originally Posted by FaitAccompli (#34)

whether it is playing multiple games at the same time, playing many games not friendly to her time zone, her setting alarm clocks to wake up at multiple times of the night to monitor a thread she's engaged with, translating content from games as she is not a native English speaker to just be able to play, to even her methodical style of chewing through ISO's to capture scum; she is without a doubt the most dedicated Mafia player I have ever seen in my 10+ years of playing.
    Second!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cron (#16505)
    another is mash

Another powerful game of the city of crappy

37. ISO #37
    Timezone
    Community
    AnimeBase

this is unexpected, thanks!

##Vote Michelle

38. ISO #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Mill Crab (#36)

Second!
    Third!
    "All the world will be your enemy, Prince With A Thousand Enemies"

Jackofhearts2005: El analyses every single Achro post and gives the whole thing a massive scumread. Achro replies with one sentence and a frowny face. This game is over.

39. ISO #39
    Timezone
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    Akarna
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#38)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mill Crab (#36)

Second!
    Third!
    Fourth!