Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Voyager (with pew-pews!)

1. ISO #1
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Post Star Trek Voyager (with pew-pews!)

Star Trek Voyager (with pew-pews!)

This 36/12 game starts Tue Apr 14 at 7am ET / EOD 7pm ET (12am London time) (1am Berlin time).
    x1 Borg Queen - Godmother | Ninja x1 | Strongwoman x1 | BPV x2
    x1 Culluh - Hunter of the Recluse (Alignment Cop with n0 random Town) | BPV x2
    x1 Braxton - Goon | Vengeful | BPV x1
    x1 Seska - Arsonist | Ninja x1 | BPV x2
    x1 Q - Recluse JOAT (Poisoner [Odd] / Vigilante [Even]) | BPV x2
    x1 Q Junior - Lost (Alignment Cop with n0 random Town) | BPV x1
    x4 Chell, Vorik, Kurros, and The Doctor - Vanilla | BPV x2
    x1 Lt. Barclay - Alignment Cop with n0 random Town | BPV x2
    x1 Cmdr Chakotay - Tracker | BPV x2
    x1 Ensign Kim - Roleblocker | BPV x2
    x1 Lt. Torres - Firefighter | BPV x2
    x1 Lt. Cmdr Tuvok - Poisoner | Odd | BPV x2
    x1 Kes - Reuniting Innocent Child | Cycles 2+ | BPV x2 -- When innocence is claimed, the Mafia may send a mafiachat link to the Lost via PM.
    x1 Lon Suder - Resurrecting Suicide Bomber | Cycles 3+ | BPV x2 -- May not use until after Sun 5:30pm ET. When the target is Town, the target is resurrected 9 to 9.5 hours after the next SOD. When the target is Mafia, and the Town Cop has not received a red check on the target, the Suicide Bomber is resurrected 9 to 9.5 hours after the next SOD with the ability to strike again.
    x1 Lt. Ayala - Anticlaim (ACM) Baiter | BPV x2 -- Upon being submitted via the ACM, the Baiter is informed that he or she is the reason for a Mafioso dying. Each time this happens, the Baiter wins 2 additional BPVs.
    x1 Captain Janeway - Power Hijacker | BPV x3
    --may, at the cost of one BPV, submit as a day action via an irrevocable PM by EOD (:00 good, :01 bad) the name of another player not yet targeted and a list of all other night power roles along with how he or she would like each power to be used that night.
    --If at EOD the Hijacker is alive with at least one BPV, the host sends the target a PM telling him or her to use the power as requested.

x1 Lt. Paris - Vote Hijacker (role PM falsely states "Vanilla | BPV x2") | BPV x3
    --Within 30 minutes after EOD1, this player's role PM is corrected to Vote Hijacker with a third BPV.
    --may, at the cost of one BPV, submit as a night action via an irrevocable PM by 90 minutes before SOD (:30 good, :31 bad) two names--the name of another player not yet targeted and yet another player for whom the targeted player must vote.
    --The submission is ignored if, at SOD, the Vote Hijacker has no BPVs or any of the three players are dead. Otherwise, the host sends the target a PM 9 to 9.5 hours after SOD telling him or her to park a vote on the listed player by 60 minutes before EOD (:00 good, :01 bad) if both then still live.

x1 Neelix - Morale Officer and Mayor of Voyager (role PM falsely states "Vanilla | BPV x2") | BPV x1 -- does not know that he or she is the Mayor. The player dies with no flip, identifying the deceased as the Mayor. If lynched, the Mayor is resurrected and the 2nd-highest votegetter is killed 9 to 9.5 hours after SOD.
    x1 Seven of Nine - Miller (role PM falsely states "Vanilla | BPV x2") | BPV x2 -- does not know that he or she is the Miller.
    • The Town must lynch (ties randed; no maj), winning when all Mafia die.
    • The Mafia win upon achieving parity with the Town.
    • The Mafia must submit an assigned, automated, factional kill, or it will be randed among Town+Lost.
    • Except during each of the two 30-minute events, the Godmother, Hunter of the Recluse, Vengeful Goon, and Arsonist may chat 24/7.
    • The Recluse knows everyone else's alignment, but no one knows the Recluse's alignment. The Recluse joins Mafia chat 9 to 9.5 hours after the Recluse Hunter receives a result of investigation on the Recluse.
    • The Lost knows no one else's alignment, but all of the other Mafia know the Lost's alignment. The Lost receives the result of a submitted peek 9 to 9.5 hours after SOD and joins Mafia chat if and when that peek is on the Godfather.
    • Daily Posting Requirement: To avoid the risk of being subbed out, make 2 non-voting, substantive posts by 13.5 hours before EOD and 12 such posts by 4.5 hours before EOD.
    • Only the alignment flips at death.
    • All three n0 peeks are randed among non-Miller Town until there are no duplicates, then provided manually.
    • A 1-hour In-Thread Attack (ITA) window opens 2.5 hours before EOD2 (Fri 4:30pm ET) and again at that time on Sun (d3). Everyone has 1 shot daily with a base to-hit of 64%. All BPVs are converted into ITA shields solely during each ITA window.
    • Each player may halve another player's ITA to-hit percent for the next day as a night action via an irrevocable PM no later than 90 minutes before SOD2 and SOD3. Halving survives the halving player's death, and all halving is cumulative (e.g., A player halved twice shoots with a 16% to-hit).
    • A 30-minute optional Kahoot event begins 26.5 hours before EOD1 (Tue 4:30pm ET) and again at that time on Thu (d2). The competition will begin when 10 players have joined or at 4:40pm ET, whichever is first. During each event, the top half of participants steal the "halving" ability from the bottom half for the next day. Particularly amazing performances garner additional rewards.
    • Insta-Snipe® Anti-Claim (AC) - A Mafioso may submit an irrevocable PM matching a player to his or her role, other than the Cop, the claimed Innocent Child, the Miller, a Vanilla, the Anticlaim (ACM) Baiter, the Suicide Bomber who has already died at least once, and the Mayor who has already died at least once. If the AC is completely correct, the target dies ASAP; otherwise, the submitter does. During the last 2 minutes of the day (:59 and :00), the AC must be only via an irrevocable DM on Discord to facilitate death within 20 seconds.
    --Godmother - Borg Queen
    --Recluse Hunter - Culluh

--Vengeful Goon - Braxton

--Arsonist - Seska

--Recluse - Q

--Lost - Q Junior

--Cop - Lt. Barclay

--Tracker - Chakotay

--Roleblocker - Ensign Kim

--Firefighter - Lt. B'Elanna Torres

--Poisoner - Lt. Cmdr Tuvok

--Innocent Child - Kes

--Suicide Bomber - Lon Suder

--Lt. Ayala - Anticlaim (ACM) Baiter

--Power Hijacker - Captain Janeway

--Vote Hijacker - Lt. Tom Paris

--Morale Officer and Unofficial Mayor of Voyager - Neelix

--Miller - Seven of Nine

--Vanilla #1 - Chell (insufficient memory to post picture)
    --Vanilla #2 - Vorik (insufficient memory to post picture)
    --Vanilla #3 - Kurros (insufficient memory to post picture)
    --Vanilla #4 - The Doctor (insufficient memory to post picture)
    1. Kajot
    2. PunchyTheCat
    3. Transcend
    4. Kingslayer
    5. Relm
    6. myc
    7. iambrown
    8. fwogcarf
    9. El-ahrairah
    10. The Lukundo
    11. Cheb
    12. NASAGeek
    13. Poison
    14. ZoruaLuhansk
    15. Garden Gnome
    16. Paragone
    17. Thunal33
    18. Abraxas
    19. TripleHaven
    20. The Mighty Quinn
    21. Spartan057
    22. King of New York

Reserves/Subs:
    1. Minato Arisato
    2. ryan_

Judges:
    1. [NSM] Mikey
    2. Chemist1422
    3. Capage

Spectators:
    1. DENMON

Win the Recognition You Deserve! Yay Team! Yay You!

A jury of Mafia veterans will decide who among you will earn the following awards:

--MVP - Best overall performance, winning team
    --Co-MVP - Best overall performance, losing team
    --All-Star F3 - 2nd best overall performance among Mafia; 2nd and 3rd best performances among Town
    --Most Effective Use of Power - From among the players not recognized in one of the above 5 awards; can be a VT's voice and/or votes.
    --Zorkberry - Light-hearted award for the "oopsie-est" use of one's power among those who opt in by posting "Zorkberry" before the first event.
    Last edited by Zork; April 13th, 2020 at 04:37 PM.

2. ISO #2
    Community
    the sock drawer
    AKA
    moms meatloaf, brainbomb
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    /in
    I swear you move slow motion
    Watching you looks like bending time
    Catch me in your illusion
    Helping me lose my mind

3. ISO #3
    /sub for now

If you’re having trouble filling ping me and I’ll switch in
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#6)
    mfw you accidentally sell your soul for a modpeek
    Quote Originally Posted by Lads (#305)
    God is real, and she is haunting my dreams tonight.

4. ISO #4
    Timezone
    yep
    /in
    one miller rand coming right up

5. ISO #5
    Timezone
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#3)
    /sub for now

If you’re having trouble filling ping me and I’ll switch in

6. ISO #6
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    AKA
    Haven, TH
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    might be /out soon but for now
    /in
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleHaven (#37)
    HAVEN AND HEAVEN ARE TWO DIFFERENT WORDS PEOPLE !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawt Sauce (#201)
    Citizen-like post.

I think this comes from a good mindset that a Citizen might have.

7. ISO #7
    Timezone
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleHaven (#6)
    /in
    might be /out soon but for now
    /in

8. ISO #8
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00

Vengeful (Kills another player on death?)
    Macho (No protection, no vests?)
    Role Oracle (Death reveals role and/or player? What info when alive?)

9. ISO #9
    Timezone
    /in but unsure about a few things:

A "Vengeful" player may designate any other player to die along with the "Vengeful" player. In other words, when the Godfather dies, a Townie dies with him or her.

The "Macho" was in error; an earlier draft of this roleset included a doctor, whose protection is defeated by the "Macho" modifier." Therefore, I have removed it.

The Role Oracle is vanilla except that upon the death of the Role Oracle, modbot announces the role of the player as designated by the Role Oracle. For example, if you and I were playing in this game, and you were the Role Oracle, and I was the Mafia Framer, and you chose to have my role revealed upon your death, and you die by ITA, modbot would immediately make two flips: "Kajot was Town," and "Zork was Framer." Everyone would know your role, as well, because only the Role Oracle's death could create this type of revelation. Everyone also would know that I am Mafia, because only the Mafia have a Framer.

There is a chance that no one else will be killed when the Godfather dies, and that no one's role will flip when the Oracle dies. This may happen when a target dies and the Godfather/Oracle dies before submitting a new, living target. This would happen to a typically vigilant player only in a rare fluke of a situation during an ITA period.

If the Oracle's target is the Godfather, the flip will state "Vanilla."

@Makaze, When the Oracle dies, how would a Miller or framed Town flip if such a player had been targeted by the Oracle?

10. ISO #10
    Timezone
    A "Vengeful" player may designate any other player to die along with the "Vengeful" player. In other words, when the Godfather dies, a Townie dies with him or her.
    Correction: a Townie is shot, which, depending on whether a vest remains, may or may not result in death.

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12
    Community
    the sock drawer
    AKA
    moms meatloaf, brainbomb
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

just lost my job today. so I need to focus on life now
    I swear you move slow motion
    Watching you looks like bending time
    Catch me in your illusion
    Helping me lose my mind

13. ISO #13
    τη καλλίστη Makaze's Avatar Administrator
    Timezone
    Community
    Serenes Forest
    AKA
    Mak Daddy
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajot (#8)

The "Macho" was in error; an earlier draft of this roleset included a doctor, whose protection is defeated by the "Macho" modifier." Therefore, I have removed it.

The Role Oracle is vanilla except that upon the death of the Role Oracle, modbot announces the role of the player as designated by the Role Oracle. For example, if you and I were playing in this game, and you were the Role Oracle, and I was the Mafia Framer, and you chose to have my role revealed upon your death, and you die by ITA, modbot would immediately make two flips: "Kajot was Town," and "Zork was Framer." Everyone would know your role, as well, because only the Role Oracle's death could create this type of revelation. Everyone also would know that I am Mafia, because only the Mafia have a Framer.

There is a chance that no one else will be killed when the Godfather dies, and that no one's role will flip when the Oracle dies. This may happen when a target dies and the Godfather/Oracle dies before submitting a new, living target. This would happen to a typically vigilant player only in a rare fluke of a situation during an ITA period.

@Makaze, When the Oracle dies, how would a Miller or framed Town flip if such a player had been targeted by the Oracle?
    Both Miller and Godfather have no effect on role cops.
    I hold you in the highest regard, my friends.

[12:09 pm] Cory Curren: remember that we are marking down all of your reads to hold for our personal amusement
    [12:09 pm] Cory Curren: anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of lol

14. ISO #14
    Timezone
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork (#9)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajot (#8)

Both Miller and Godfather have no effect on role cops.
    In the Godfather Role PM it says: "You will be viewed as Town if inspected by an Alignment Cop and as a Vanilla if inspected by a Role Cop."

I sent Makaze an email about it. There are no Role Cops in this game so it should be fine. I'll let you know what the clarification is.

15. ISO #15
    Timezone
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaze
    If a role oracle dies having selected a miller, does the miller flip as vanilla or as a miller? Kinda awkward for the Miller who is still alive lol
    Their true role will show. Rolecops don't get fooled by millers. Only alignment cops do. Same idea with Oracles.
    Good to know. And if the Oracle chooses the Godfather, the Godfather will flip Mafia, correct? I ask because in the Godfather Role PM it says: "You will be viewed as Town if inspected by an Alignment Cop and as a Vanilla if inspected by a Role Cop." So since the Oracle is not a Cop, the Role Oracle always reveals the true role?
    No it will reveal as Vanilla, the role Oracle operate identical to role cop.
    So a role oracle will reveal a miller as "miller" and a godfather as "vanilla"?
    I believe so yes.
    Thank you!

16. ISO #16
    Timezone

As Town, you may want to claim falsely as one of the anti-claimable roles in the hope of drawing a kill or lynch. Since your role has not yet flipped, the role you falsely claimed, had you been truthful about it, would not yet be considered to have flipped. This is important because once it flips, it counts toward the 6 of the 8 roles. Once 6 have flipped, the ACM is gone. So you die as Town. Mafia makes a deduction about the role of someone else based on what you said your role was (why would you lie all the way to EOD as top wagon when you know you're flipping Town, and sure enough, you flipped Town). Mafia uses that deduction to submit an anticlaim or two on someone else(s). They deduce wrongly because you falsely claimed. Through your death and clever play, you just spiked a wolf or two.

17. ISO #17
    Timezone
    Community
    Blooming Grove, Ohio
    AKA
    Mr. President
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

18. ISO #18
    Timezone
    Community
    torn.com

19. ISO #19
    τη καλλίστη Makaze's Avatar Administrator
    Timezone
    Community
    Serenes Forest
    AKA
    Mak Daddy
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    No it will reveal as Vanilla, the role Oracle operate identical to role cop.
    So a role oracle will reveal a miller as "miller" and a godfather as "vanilla"?
    I believe so yes.
    Thank you!
    To clarify:

This is not correct after all. Role Cops and Role Oracles will correctly read Miller and Godfather as their actual role, while Full Cops will read them as Mafia Goon and Vanilla Town respectively.
    Last edited by Makaze; April 3rd, 2020 at 06:01 PM.
    I hold you in the highest regard, my friends.

[12:09 pm] Cory Curren: remember that we are marking down all of your reads to hold for our personal amusement
    [12:09 pm] Cory Curren: anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of lol

20. ISO #20
    Timezone
    Community
    epicmafia/mafiascum
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

/in
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy (#460)
    GG ALL

TRANSCEND IS AN UNDERRATED BEAST

21. ISO #21
    Timezone
    UTC+00:00
    Community
    Worst Generation Forum
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

22. ISO #22
    Timezone
    UTC+04:00

23. ISO #23
    Timezone
    Win Your Share of $10 Donated to the Mafia Universe Patreon in Your Name!

A jury of 3 decorated Mafia veterans will decide who among you will earn the following awards and win donations to the Mafia Universe Patreon in your name:
    --MVP - Best overall performance, winning team; $5
    --Co-MVP - Best overall performance, losing team; $1
    --All-Star F3 - 2nd best overall performance among Mafia; 2nd and 3rd best performances among Town; $1 each
    --Most Effective Use of Power - From among the players not recognized in one of the above 5 awards; can be a VT's voice and/or votes. $1
    --The Golden Zorkberry - From among those who opt-in, this recognizes the player who made the "oopsi-est" vote and/or action of the game.
    Last edited by Zork; April 5th, 2020 at 09:39 AM.

24. ISO #24
    Timezone
    Community
    1453 Mafia

25. ISO #25
    Community
    readmore.de

26. ISO #26
    Timezone
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Zori, Luhkmeih
    /sub
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoruaLuhansk
    Quote Originally Posted by heytheregirl17
    oh my $#@!ing god are we kingmaking this r/iamverysmart style
    that's the idea

27. ISO #27
    Timezone
    UTC+07:00

28. ISO #28
    Timezone
    I made substantial improvements to the roleset, adding a lot of manual aspects to what is otherwise still a very automated setup. Please feel free to praise or flame.

29. ISO #29
    Timezone
    Community
    Town Of Salem
    AKA
    fwogcarf22
    Quote Originally Posted by Jockmcplop (#1800)
    I can't get my head around fwog.
    He's so townie but so scummy at the same time.

30. ISO #30
    /in

With the caveats that:

1) I hate role madness so will be miserable and surly all game
    2) EoD is at midnight so I won't be around for it
    3) I may drink a lot
    4) PROFIT
    "All the world will be your enemy, Prince With A Thousand Enemies"

Jackofhearts2005: El analyses every single Achro post and gives the whole thing a massive scumread. Achro replies with one sentence and a frowny face. This game is over.

Helz: I have a very basic belief that if you are town, all you have to do is be honest; and people will be able to see you are town or they are bad at scum hunting.

31. ISO #31
    Timezone
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#30)
    /in

With the caveats that:

1) I hate role madness so will be miserable and surly all game
    2) EoD is at midnight so I won't be around for it
    3) I may drink a lot
    4) PROFIT
    1 miller rand coming right up

32. ISO #32
    @JohnCarter come play this crazy fun game :3

Jackofhearts2005: El analyses every single Achro post and gives the whole thing a massive scumread. Achro replies with one sentence and a frowny face. This game is over.

Helz: I have a very basic belief that if you are town, all you have to do is be honest; and people will be able to see you are town or they are bad at scum hunting.

33. ISO #33
    @Logic I heard that Zork is secretly going to make this game Star Trek themed... and there will be Deltans :3

34. ISO #34
    Timezone
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#33)
    @Logic I heard that Zork is secretly going to make this game Star Trek themed... and there will be Deltans :3
    Star Trek Voyager themed...no Deltans

The people want, and I give it to them...

@Logic
    Last edited by Zork; April 8th, 2020 at 12:20 PM.

35. ISO #35
    Timezone
    UTC+00:00
    AKA
    Lukundo
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

/in

36. ISO #36
    Low Hanging Fruit Minato Arisato's Avatar
    Community
    The Town Of Odyssey

37. ISO #37
    Community
    TORN City Forums

38. ISO #38
    Timezone
    Community
    Supercell Forums, TvM Hub
    AKA
    Kai

I've played 2-3 dozen games before with other communities, but this is going to be my first MU game, so it's probably gonna be quite a change.

39. ISO #39
    Timezone
    UTC+05:30
    Community
    AnimeBase
    AKA
    Poison Chan
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    "Penguins are Sacred!" - Poison

40. ISO #40
    Timezone
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Zori, Luhkmeih
    sure actually
    /out sub
    /in
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoruaLuhansk
    Quote Originally Posted by heytheregirl17
    oh my $#@!ing god are we kingmaking this r/iamverysmart style
    that's the idea

41. ISO #41
    Timezone
    Community
    Personality Cafe
    AKA
    Gnome, Gnomey
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    /in I am way too much of a Trekkie not to say /in

42. ISO #42

43. ISO #43
    Timezone
    Community
    Supercell Forums, TvM Hub
    AKA
    Kai
    I assume BPV means Bullet Proof Vests, right? If so, why does everyone have that many vests?

44. ISO #44
    Timezone
    Quote Originally Posted by NASAGeek (#43)
    I assume BPV means Bullet Proof Vests, right? If so, why does everyone have that many vests?
    Yes. Did you read the mechanics? :-D

--A 1-hour In-Thread Attack (ITA) window opens 2.5 hours before EOD2 and EOD3. Everyone has 1 shot daily with a base to-hit of 64%. All BPVs are converted into ITA shields solely during each ITA window.

--Each player may halve another player's ITA to-hit percent for the next day as a night action via an irrevocable PM no later than 90 minutes before SOD2 and SOD3. Halving survives the halving player's death, and all halving is cumulative (e.g., A player halved twice shoots with a 16% to-hit).

--A 30-minute optional Kahoot event begins 26.5 hours before EOD1 (4:30pm ET) and again at that time on EOD2. The competition will begin when 10 players have joined or at 4:40pm ET, whichever is first. During each event, the top half of participants steal the "halving" ability from the bottom half for the next day.
    In addition to protecting against ITA shots that are hit at a 64% rate unless the shooter was halved, the vests protect against the factional kill shots, the vengeful kill shot when the Goon dies, and the even night vigilante shots.
    Last edited by Zork; April 10th, 2020 at 10:35 AM.

45. ISO #45
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    Personality Cafe

46. ISO #46
    /in

but if I win I want mafia universe to pay ME

47. ISO #47
    Timezone
    /in

but if I win I want mafia universe to pay ME
    In Mother Russia, Mafia pays YOU...wait...no...darn it...

also have you broken the roleset yet, Abracadabxas?

48. ISO #48
    Timezone
    We are full. Anyone reading this who is willing to sub, please indicate such and also whether you would like to play in case someone has to "out."
    Last edited by Zork; April 10th, 2020 at 01:14 PM.

49. ISO #49
    Timezone
    We are full. Anyone reading this who is willing to sub, please indicate such and also whether you would like to play in case someone has to "out."
    Adding a 22nd role after further consideration in the interest of balance and fun:

Anticlaim (ACM) Baiter

50. ISO #50
    Timezone
    Modbot powers such as roleblock do not affect non-modbot powers such as "Vote Hijack," etc.