Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 7, Game 1: Food Fight [The Mafia Championship]

1. ISO #1
    Mantichora's Avatar Game Manager
    Community
    MiniMafia
    Season 7, Game 1: Food Fight [The Mafia Championship]

SEASON 7, GAME 1: FOOD FIGHT (MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP)

Welcome to Season 7 of the Mafia Championship!

An international forum-based tournament for Mafia players from all over the world

Hosted By: Our automated @Mafia Host w/ @Mantichora providing flavor
    Start Date: May 4th, 2020
    Start of Day/End of Day: 5 AM EDT / 5 PM EDT
    Phase Lengths: 36/12
    Lynch Mechanics: Deadline Lynch (person with most votes is lynched at the end of the deadline). In case of a tie, one of the tied players will randomly be lynched. No lynch is a valid vote. Starting Day 2, Majority is enabled, meaning the players can end day early if someone attains a majority of the votes.
    Night Chat In Thread: No, thread will be locked during Night Phases
    Out of Thread Communication: Only the Mafia team may communicate with each other outside of the thread (24/7)
    LYLO Rules: Votes are automatically locked in at LYLO. I.e. when the game reaches a point where one more mislynch leads to a loss, you cannot change your vote once you have cast it.
    Minimum Posting Requirement: Minimum 10 posts per Game Day
    Maximum Posts Allowed: 150 posts per player per Game Day (restriction is lifted 2 hours before EOD though, so if you've reached your max you can post again at that time).

3x Mafia Goon
    2x Town Jack Of All Trades (9x Doctor, 9x Motion Detector, 9x Tracker)
    10x Vanilla Townie

Note that the Jacks Of All Trades must use all three actions before repeating an action, i.e. they are rotating. This does not mean they must use the actions in the same order every time.

Relevant mechanics info
    - Votes are automatically locked in at LYLO.
    - Mafia factional kills are assigned. They can be tracked, watched, roleblocked, etc. (In this setup, that means they display as an action to the Tracker and the Motion Detector actions.)
    - Mafia share a factional Night Kill, which is a single standard shot for their faction. The mafia faction kill is mandatory.
    - Mafia may communicate at any time.
    - Each individual player may make a maximum of 150 posts per day phase (this restriction is lifted 2 hours before day end).
    - The game will have a host to oversee everything and make sure everyone’s following the code of conduct, but otherwise the game is completely automated (automatic votecounts, thread locks and reveals roles automatically, the bot receives and processes actions, etc.).

Doctor: Protects the target from kills on that night only (cannot self-protect)

Tracker: Learns who the target visited, but not what actions they did

Motion Detector: Detects motion involving the target on that night (finds motion if the target visited someone or was visited, with no distinction between the two)

JOAT Role PM:
    Role PM for Vanilla+ Champs Test Game -- Euro-Friendly!

You are Town Jack of All Trades (x9 Doctor, x9 Tracker, x9 Motion Detector). You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

Town Jack Of All Trades

As Town Jack Of All Trades, you have access to one or more night actions.

x9 Doctor

You have access to the Protection Night Action. Protection will protect your target from being killed. You will not learn whether you successfully protected someone. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used. You cannot target the same player on consecutive nights.

x9 Tracker

You have access to the Tracking Night Action. Tracking another player informs you who that player used a Night Action on that night, if any. You will not learn what type of Night Action your target has. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

x9

You have access to the Motion Detect Night Action. Motion Detecting another player will detect any motion surrounding that player that Night. If they visit someone or were visited by someone else, you will detect motion. If they did not visit anyone and were not visited by anyone, you will not detect motion. You will not learn what type of Night Action was used on or by your target or who used those actions. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

If you do not submit an action, you will forego your action on that day. Keep in mind that if you have multiple uses of your abilities, you must cycle through all of them before being allowed to reuse any of them.

Game Thread: ~

# REPRESENTATIVE COMMUNITY BACK-UP(S)
    1 @Achromatic GameFAQs @Scare
    2 @Anaxagore Dominating 12 Hoodlum
    3 @BloodWolf14 Weerwolven van Wakkerdam
    4 @CJSchneider For the Sports
    5 @Cornflower MM Redwall Abbey
    6 @Elayne Lupus in Tabula
    7 @Frinckles Skwirl naztallah
    8 @hollowkatt Good Gamery @IBA
    9 @Inconquerable The Alter Bridge Nation @zazthespaz
    10 @Jazziejelly Werewolf (Mafia) Group Cory Chmielewski
    11 @Matt4 Lupus in Forum @tartina
    12 @Mr.Tweetums wrestlingsmarks.com
    13 @oromagi DebateArt
    14 @Shapes Jambos Kickback
    15 @Sherlip Animal Crossing Community

Spectate the game on our Discord server

Read more about this season here
    Last edited by Thingyman; May 4th, 2020 at 11:08 AM.

2. ISO #2
    Community
    MiniMafia

1) Achromatic

REPRESENTING: GameFAQs

NATIONALITY: American

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2008

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: GameFAQs, MTGSalvation

BIO:
    Hello! My name is Chris and I am 32 years old and have been playing mafia since I was 13. I have been on GameFAQs since the age of 16 and my favorite role to play is probably vanilla, since my mortality rate as town night 1 over the years is close to 90% it makes me feel a bit better not to roll power unless it is Bulletproof. During COVID-19 I have a two year son running around who likes to say "mw ha ha ha" randomly, so the power of evil is clearly on my side!

2) Anaxagore

REPRESENTING: Dominating12

NATIONALITY: French

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2016

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Dominating 12, Mafia Universe

BIO:
    Ancient History
    Deep House
    Finance

“Nothing is more difficult, and therefore more precious, than to be able to decide.” Napoleon Bonaparte

3) BloodWolf14

REPRESENTING: Weerwolven van Wakkerdam

NATIONALITY: Dutch

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2016 (I think)

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: forum.tribalwars.nl & weerwolvenvanwakkerdam.nl

BIO:
    I love to play basic Mafia/Weerwolven. Just give me a role without actions and I'll find all the mafia or kill all the townies :wink:

4) CJSchneider

REPRESENTING: For the Sports

NATIONALITY:

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR):

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES:

BIO: I didn't submit a bio, but I'm sure if I did, it would be really awesome. As a high level level werewolf player, I can destroy you with the power of sports and friendship. Ultra instinct mode engage. Bio provided by @Mantichora

5) Cornflower MM

REPRESENTING: Redwall Abbey

NATIONALITY: USA

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2015

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Redwall Abbey Community Forum

BIO:
    Hey everyone! I've been playing Mafia sporadically since 2015, and I've hosted a few games myself. My one shining moment in a mafia game was one time I was mafia and swung everyone's votes away from me three or four days in a row, decided with my partner to throw her under the bus, and I'm fairly sure I won that game? That was the best luck I've ever had with a wolf/mafia role, and quite some time ago. I'm a bit out of practice as it stands right now, but I'm looking forward to playing with everyone! Good luck to all!

6) Elayne

REPRESENTING: Lupus in Tabula

NATIONALITY:

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR):

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES:

BIO: While he's an amazing guy, sadly Mantichora does not speak Italian so he has no idea who I am or what this forum is all about. Alas. Ideally I am a better player than Mantichora (it's really a low bar), and so perhaps I will succeed in this tournament. This is my goal. Bio provided by @Mantichora

7) Frinckles

REPRESENTING: Skwirl

NATIONALITY: Houston, Texas. USA

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): two years ago.

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: SC2Mafia, EpicMafia

BIO:
    Hi, I'm Frinckles. I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could. B A S K E T B A L L

8) hollowkatt

REPRESENTING: GoodGamery

NATIONALITY: United States

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): Lost to the sands of time

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: MiseTings, GoodGamery, Mafia Universe

BIO:
    Designated D3 Mislynch. I've been playing mafia for long enough that I don't remember anything about my first game other than I was a Mason. The site no longer exists (rip MiseTings).
    I enjoy long walks on the beach, mislynching townies for bad reasons, being pocketed by wolves, and generally making a nuisance of myself.
    My favorite role to rand is Vanilla Town because there's no pressure to perform, just be a good townie. Least favorite role is probably cop. Too much pressure. I'd rather be town than scum but all things considered a game is a game and I'm here to have fun, kick butt, and chew gum and I'm all out of butt.

When I'm not mislynching townies I'm baking sourdough bread, or writing SQL code for my job, or playing with my toddler. I have two golden retrievers and two pound freed cats. I turn 43 this year and that's kinda intimidating me a bit. Not sure I was ready for that to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by juice
    Two Four Six Eight
    Hollow Katt is really great!
    Doctor, Tacker, Vig, Cop
    You are sure to end on top!

9) Inconquerable

REPRESENTING: The Alter Bridge Nation

NATIONALITY: Canadian

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2014

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: The Alter Bridge Nation.

BIO:
    Hi everyone! Inconquerable here - just your typical metal lovin', wrestlin' fanatic, mafia killin' girl! I enjoy long walks on the beach and vigilante roles so I can kill evil-doers in their sleep! I have a 7 year old cat named Garfield (it should be "Buyer's Remorse") and I live with him close to/far from Thunder Bay, ON. Haha, yes I'm Canadian (Canada? And I'm the idiot?) so I naturally love maple syrup and going home after a long day of work to my moose husband. (That was sarcasm. YES. ALL OF IT.) The last mafia game I played I was discovered as a reporter and killed by the mafia, but that indirectly led to my team winning (It was good enough to merit second place). Looking forward to an exciting gamwiopikfdbr34x sanjbmewrfx z DAMMIT GARFIELD! GET OFF MY KEYBOARD YOU FOX-EARED ASSHOLE!

10) Jazziejelly

REPRESENTING: Werewolf (Mafia) Group

NATIONALITY: Puerto Rican

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): Around 2009-2012

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Werewolf (Mafia) Group

BIO:
    My name is Jazmine Figueroa, I am Puerto Rican. Currently a Registered Nurse and I work with the elderly. I have been playing mafia since high school with my best friend, which took place around 2009-2012.
    A little over a year ago this said best friend and I decided it’d be fun to start playing again and the creation of our FB mafia page began! My favorite role to play is vanilla town. I don’t have to try and hide, or worry about dying and either town losing an important role or anti being outed. I can go based solely off my gut and it’s so freeing.
    I play rather aggressively...I don’t mean that like I play mean but more like I’m pushy and usually end up badgering people to talk to explain stuff they do. I’m not a quiet player at all for the most part. One of my favorite games to date is one where I played mafia in a Mario themed game. I figured out the jailor role, I fooled a player I’ve been trying to get one over for the longest and I ended up CC cop. It was a ballsy move on my part so imagine my shock when I was believed over real cop and it won us the game! It was a fun game and def keep me on the edge of my seat every day phase.
    I’ve never participated in something like this before and I’m excited to be a part of it !

11) Matt4

REPRESENTING: Lupus in Forum

NATIONALITY: Italian

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2017

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Lupus in Forum, ForumL, Lupusintabulaur

BIO:
    Hi guys! I'm not gonna say anything about the way I play, don't want to give you clues on how to read me :P

The important thing for me is having fun and I hope this championship is a good way to do it!

Ps.: tartina was robbed, let's not try to repeat history!

12) Mr. Tweetums

REPRESENTING: wrestlingsmarks.com

NATIONALITY: Posted image

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): July 2019

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Wrestlingforum, Wrestlingsmarks and Personality Cafe

BIO:
    Enthusiastic and competetive new player in search of his own meta. Voted Rookie Of The Year 2019 on Wrestlingforum. Opponent of cheap confirms and boring info phases. Defender of the Vanilla. Impressive near-50/50 town/scum draw ratio. Master of the woozyface. Regularly gets drunk on the WIFOM.

13) oromagi

REPRESENTING: DebateArt

NATIONALITY: USA

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA: 2015 but just a few.

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: debate.org 2015. Debateart.com 2019

BIO:
    I am currently top debater on this site but junior mafia player. Still they elected me to rep this year. I like to sprinkle in little poems and puzzles and in my gameplay which seldom goes over well.

14) Shapes

REPRESENTING: Jambos Kickback

NATIONALITY: Scottish

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2012

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Jambos Kickback

BIO:
    Have recently started playing mafia again after our forum started running games again during lockdown and have got right back into it. I enjoy being roled and have a lot of fun being one of the bad guys, but equally I really enjoy playing for the town too. I love sharing theories and trying to understand players motives and reasons behind their actions.

15) Sherlip

REPRESENTING: Animal Crossing Community

NATIONALITY: American

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2015, but I've only played casually

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Epicmafia

BIO:
    How goes it? I really don't have anything super fun to put here, but I'm sure if you get to know me, there's a lot you'll learn!
    Last edited by Thingyman; May 4th, 2020 at 11:16 AM.

3. ISO #3
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Game Information »
    Season 7, Game 1: Food Fight [The Mafia Championship]: Game Information!

This is an automated game of Mafia.

Setup - 15 Players

x3 Mafia Goon
    x10 Vanilla Town
    x2 Town Jack of All Trades (x9 Doctor, x9 Tracker, x9 Motion Detector)
    • POST RESTRICTION: You may only post 150 times per Day phase. This restriction will be lifted 2 hours before phase end.
    • Majority will be in effect starting Day 2. Day 2 onward will end the instant a majority is reached.
    • Town wins when all threats to Town have been eliminated.
    • Mafia factions win when they achieve Parity and all other evil factions have been eliminated at any time.
    • Votes are automatically locked in at LYLO.
    • No Lynching is enabled. Vote for No Lynch to forgo a lynch that Day.
    • Mafia factional kills are mandatory. Mafia must submit a factional kill each night, or a player outside their faction will be chosen at random.
    • Mafia factional kills are assigned. They can be tracked, watched, or roleblocked.
    • Mafia share a factional Night Kill, which is a single standard shot for their faction.
    • Mafia may communicate at any time.
    • Tied votes will result in a player being lynched at random from among the tied players.

Phase Lengths

Days are 36 hours in length. Nights are 12 hours in length.

Players

@Achromatic
    @Anaxagore
    @BloodWolf14
    @CJSchneider
    @Cornflower MM
    @Elayne
    @Frinckles
    @hollowkatt
    @Inconquerable
    @Jazziejelly
    @Matt4
    @Mr.Tweetums
    @oromagi
    @Shapes
    @Sherlip

FAQ

Are you unsure about how actions are processed or how roles interact with each other? Then read more here:

ORDER OF OPERATIONS

Night actions are processed in this order:

Strongman kills
    Roleblocks
    Jails
    Doctors
    Bodyguards
    Kills
    Investigations
    Backups

When an action was submitted during the night will never matter when the actions are processed.

ACTION FEEDBACK

These are the results you will get when you submit certain actions.

Non-investigative roles when they submit an action (they also receive this if they are roleblocked):

Your action on Player A was received.
    Investigative actions return results even if the target dies on the same night.

Actions that count as visits are counted as visits even if the actor dies on the same night.

Investigative roles (Tracker, Cop, etc.) when roleblocked:

Your action on Player B did not return any results.
    Trackers when tracking a person that didn't visit anyone (or if they targeted a Ninja):

Player C did not visit anyone.
    Watchers when watching a person that wasn't visited by anyone (or only visited by a Ninja):

Player D was not visited by anyone.
    Alignment Cop when investigating a town-aligned player (or a Godfather):

Player E is Town
    Watcher when watching a person that was visited by multiple people:

Player F was visited by Player G, Player H, Player I
    FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

How do I submit my action?
    Use the form below the game thread. If your role has a night action, the form will only be visible during night phases. It's not possible to submit actions in advance of the night phase.

What does it mean if the Mafia Host says that night kills are assigned?
    In games with this setting turned on, the member of the mafia team that made the most recent night kill submission will be the one assigned to the kill, which means that the kill can be blocked if a Town Roleblocker or Town Jailkeeper target the mafia player in question. Similarly, the kill can be tracked and watched by Town Trackers and Town Watchers. If this setting isn't turned on, then it doesn't matter who the last person to submit the mafia kill is, as the kill is unblockable and untrackable in this case.

Where do I find example role PM's?
    This thread contains example role PM's for all roles currently supported by the Modbot as well as information on the various modifiers. Here you will find the answers to a lot of questions not covered in this FAQ section.

Which roles can self-target?
    Only Watchers are able to use their ability on themselves at night. This means that Doctors or Jailkeepers aren't able to protect themselves, for example.

Which roles are not able to target the same players on consecutive nights?
    Doctors, Jailkeepers, and Roleblockers are not allowed to target the same player twice in a row. Everyone else is, including Bodyguards. Note that this non-consecutive restriction still holds true even if one of these three roles were blocked the night before when targeting the person that they're attempting to target again.

What happens if Jailkeeper A and Jailkeeper B or Roleblocker A and Roleblocker B target each other (and are not targetted by other blockers)?
    In the case of Jailkeepers, they will block and protect each other. In the case of Roleblockers, they also block each other. This means that the two players are trackable to each other that night by Trackers and Watchers. It also means that if one of them is mafia and happens to simultaneously be the one submitting the factional kill that night in a game with assigned kills, then this kill is blocked. This same principle applies to longer loops. I.e. in a A > B > C > D > A loop, everyone is blocked.

What happens if Jailkeeper A targets Roleblocker B who targets Jailkeeper A?
    Jailkeeper A will be blocked in this scenario. Refer to the order of operations: Roleblocks process before jails.

What happens if Jailkeeper A targets Roleblocker B who targets Player C?
    As stated above, roleblocks process before jails, so Roleblocker B will successfully block Player C. I.e. Jailkeeper A will fail to block Roleblocker B, but will still protect Roleblocker B.

What happens if Jailkeeper A targets Jailkeeper B and Jailkeeper B targets Jailkeeper C (who isn't targeting any of the former two)?
    In this case, Jailkeeper A would prevent Jailkeeper B's block from occuring, meaning that Jailkeeper C's action is not blocked.

If an X-Shot role is blocked while using a shot, do they lose that shot forever?
    Yes. A 1-shot Vigilante being blocked while attempting to kill someone will not have their shot refunded.

If someone with a Strongman modifier kills Player A who is protected by Bodyguard B, who dies?
    Player A will die, and Bodyguard B will survive.

Can a mafia team choose not to kill anyone during a night?
    The host can determine this using the Mafia Factional Kill setting. Kills can be mandatory, optional, or disabled altogether.

The default is No. The mafia factional kill is compulsory. This is done in order to avoid deadlocked games where the town keeps no lynching and the mafia refuses to submit a kill. If the game has assigned kills, it will be randomized which member of the team is carrying out the kill.

If there is only one mafia member left in a game without assigned kills, can the mafia factional kill then be blocked and/or tracked?
    No.

Can the mafia submit a kill for one of their own members?
    No.

If I kill someone, does their night action, if they have one, still succeed?
    Yes, killing someone doesn't prevent them from performing their night action (unless they investigated someone, in which case they will not receive a report). Refer to the order of operations: All kills happen at the end of the night, and everyone pulls the trigger simultaneously.

Can individual night actions be proxied on mafia teams?
    No. If the mafia team has a Mafia Roleblocker, for example, and they want to use this role's action, then the player occupying that slot must submit the action themselves.

If a Lover is shot during the night, while the other Lover is protected that night, does the other Lover still die?
    Yes. It's not possible to prevent a Lover from dying of love sickness.

If a Bodyguard protects Lover A, while Lover B is shot during that same night, what happens?
    A dies of love sickness and Bodyguard lives.

If there are any Innocent Childs in the game, are these confirmed in the thread right when the game begins?
    No. Innocent Childs are able to decide themselves when or if they wish to have the Modbot confirm their role and alignment in the thread. Note that this is exclusively a day action and that it can take up to one minute for the Modbot to process the action.

What results are Alignment Cops, Full Cops and Role Cops given if they investigate a Godfather or a Miller?
    Alignment Cops are told "Town" for Godfathers and "Mafia" for Millers. Full Cops are told "Vanilla Town" for Godfathers and "Mafia Goon" for Millers. Role Cops are told "Godfather" for Godfathers and "Miller" for Millers.

Can Role Cops tell the difference between a Vanilla Town and Mafia Goon?
    No. They are told "Vanilla" when investigating either of these two roles.

If I roleblock someone with a Bulletproof Vest, will that nullify the effect of the vest?
    No. Bulletproof Vests are passive modifiers that cannot be blocked from working.

If I roleblock Masons, Neighbors or Lovers with out of thread communication privileges, can I prevent them from talking at night?
    No.

If I roleblock a Godfather, will they still be revealed as being town-aligned to Alignment Cops and Full Cops that night?
    Yes.

USING THE SOFTWARE

Are you wondering about how to vote, submit night actions or multi-isolate players? Read about this and more here:

VOTING BBCODES

Our forum votes for someone by using the vote tags: [V]Thingyman[/V]. Preview:

##Vote Thingyman

Make sure that you spell out the full, correct name. Abbreviations or misspelled names will not be registered by the Modbot.

To unvote, use the tags: [UNV][/UNV] . When unvoting you do not need to enter the name of the person that you are unvoting. Preview:

##Unvote

VOTING BUTTONS

You can also quickly vote for someone by clicking on the box with a checkmark icon, which will bring up an alphabetized dropdown containing the names of living players:

This will insert [V][/V] tags with the name of the player you selected in the dropdown, perfect every time.

Click the empty checkbox button to insert [UNV][/UNV].

SUBMITTING NIGHT ACTIONS

If you have a night action, simply submit this at night by scrolling to the bottom of the game thread. Here you will find a night action form like this:

Click the dropdown and select the player whom you wish to use your night action on. You can change it as many times as you wish before the deadline expires.

CALLING UP A VOTECOUNT

Votecounts will appear automatically at various intervals, but you can also call up votecounts yourself by following these steps:

First, you need to apply to join "Mafia Game Hosts" under Permission Groups.

Second, once your request has been approved, you will be able to call up votecounts by simply pushing the "Post Votecount" button in the top right corner of any game thread that you'd like an updated votecount for.

VIEWING VOTE HISTORY

There are three ways to access the vote history for any game.

1. Click on the "Vote History" button in the top right corner of the game thread:

2. Click on the "View Vote History" link, which accompanies all votecounts:

3. Click on Modbot in the top forum menu. This will give you a list of ongoing and completed games:

Next, simply click on "Vote History" to view all votes for that game.

Following any of the above three steps will bring you to an overview like this one:

Click on a Voter's username to view all of the votes by their slot.

Click on a Target's username to view all of the votes for their slot.

ISOLATING A PLAYER'S POSTS

If you wish to read a player's posts in isolation, simply click on "ISO" in the top right corner of one of that player's posts in the relevant thread as illustrated here:

Alternatively, you can access a player's posts in isolation by clicking on the number next to "Replies:" in the forum lobby.

Doing so will pull up a window listing the post counts for everyone who has posted in that thread. You access someone's posts in isolation by simply clicking on the number next to "Posts:" for that person.

The ISO view itself has Quote and Multi-Quote buttons inside it, which will make it very easy to quickly quote a lot of a player's posts for analysis or commentary:

MULTI-ISOLATING

If you wish to read not just one player's posts, but you want to ISO multiple players, then click the "Multi ISO" button to the left of "Game Tools" and select the players in question as shown here:

MULTI-QUOTING WHILE THREAD IS LOCKED

Note that you can multi-quote posts from even locked game threads. This is useful for when you wish to reread the game and do work during night phases.

After quoting the relevant posts, you simply open a different, opened thread and press "Go Advanced". Then add the quotes to your post by clicking the prompt below the post area as shown here:

Now, of course you can't post your work in the game thread while the thread is locked, but you can copy paste and save your work to a local file or the cloud and have it ready to post the very next day phase (if you're still alive, that is).

BOOKMARKS

Whenever you open a game thread, you are able to bookmark posts. This is for many players an important tool for keeping track of and remembering vital pieces of information, reads, claims etc.

Also, note that these bookmarks are saved to your user account, meaning that it eliminates the trouble associated with keeping notes between different computers/devices.

If you want to bookmark a post, you simply scroll to the post that you want to bookmark and press "Set Bookmark" as shown here:

This will call up 5 different colored icons (Blue, Red, Yellow, Green, and Black) on the right side of the post in question. You can click any of these icons, which will then prompt you to include a note for the post.

If you don't want to include a note, you don't have to - just leave it blank. The color coding in itself can be a valuable tool. Maybe you want to use Red bookmarks for posts that you find suspicious, Green bookmarks for posts that you find townie, Black bookmarks for posts containing claims, or whatever system you can think of that will be helpful to you.

Once this is done, you have now successfully bookmarked a post with a certain color and maybe even a note. If you wish to remove the bookmark again, click on "Unset Bookmark".

How do I access bookmarks?

There are two ways to access your bookmarks.
    1. Inside a game thread, you can access the bookmarks for that specific game by simply right clicking on the "Bookmark" button and opening the link.

This will bring you to a separate page that is automatically filtered to only show bookmarks from the game thread that you accessed the page from.
    2. You can also access your bookmarks by going to Features in the site's top menu:

This will bring you to a page where no bookmarks are shown by default. However, you have several filtering options.

You can filter by Game, by Player and by Color - and all of them at once if you so wish.

Here's an example of filtering by only red bookmarks in one specific game:

If you want to be taken directly to one of your bookmarked posts, you just click the post number.

How do I quote bookmarks?

You can also multi-quote bookmarked posts by clicking the little "+" button seen above on the far right side of each bookmark.

Once you have multi-quoted all the bookmarked posts that you want to quote, you will then have to go to the game thread in which you wish to quote the bookmarked posts.

Here you have two ways of quoting the posts.

1. Click on "Reply With Quote" on another post as shown here:

You will then probably want to delete the last post quoted in the reply box, but otherwise you should be good to go.
    2. Or you can do the more smooth option and click the "Reply To Thread" button at the top and bottom of the game thread - as shown here:

By doing this you will open up a reply box containing only your multi-quoted bookmarked posts.

4. ISO #4
    Community
    MiniMafia

In a tired bake shop.

Food has become a routine.

It's no longer about originality, flavours, or novelty. It's an endless series of processed foods served by tired cooks and machines. Society - and it's consumption of food - has become a well-oiled machine. Food has changed.

Minimum wage works make minimum quality food served at exuberant prices. Addictive chemies in bodies control and perpetuate the cycle. Supply control. Demand control. Consumer control. Market control. Everything is monitored and kept under control. Food has changed.

The age of abundance has become the age of control. All in the name of increasing profits to fast food restaurants. And he who controls the market, controls the food. Food has changed.

When the market is under total control, food becomes routine.

Food has changed.

5. ISO #5
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    « Day 1 Start »
    Season 7, Game 1: Food Fight [The Mafia Championship] Day 1 Start

Day 1 has begun.

Day 1 ends at 5:00 PM EDT on Tuesday, May 5th, 2020. There are 1588712460000 remaining.

6. ISO #6
    Community
    Dominating 12
    I am honored to be the first poster of Season 7

Let’s have some fun

7. ISO #7
    Low Hanging Fruit
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Community
    Jambos Kickback
    Hello! Excited to get started in my first time playing in the championships/on this site. Let's see what the day brings.

8. ISO #8
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    The Alter Bridge Nation
    Good morning, everybody! Love the story on this game so far. Since I know precisely zero of you, let's get to know each other! Favourite foods anybody? I'm a big dessert fan personally, give me a piece of pie and I'm happy.

9. ISO #9
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    https://foruml.net/cafe/index.php?/forum/71-lupi-e-contadini-lupus-in-tabula-online/
    Hello everyone. First time on a Mafia Championship.
    I did hesitate a bit to join this tournament, since I do know how time consuming it must be.
    But it would have been a pity to miss it.

Do anyone here had any previous experience on this format ?

EDIT: I love desserts. Nearly all.
    I didn't like them until I was around 20-25 however. That's what good cooking do.
    Last edited by Elayne; May 4th, 2020 at 07:26 AM.

10. ISO #10
    Timezone
    Community
    GameFAQs
    AKA
    Sir Chris
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    I haven't played this format before but my thought process going on pre-game was that power wasn't too important given the skill set available to them.

My favorite food is Sushi.

Anyway I have a question for everyone, and don't think too hard about it I am just trying to loosen the game up a bit: If you were a Jack, what ability would you use night 1?

I think I'd go for the doctor save personally, if I were to be a jack.

11. ISO #11
    Hype! Arapocalypse's Avatar Discord Moderator
    Community
    Mafia Games Discord
    AKA
    Ara
    « Mod Note: Do not edit your posts! »
    Mod Note: Please do not edit your posts in games! Usually they are unable to be edited, for which the software will be fixed soon; in the meantime, please simply do not edit your posts!!

Last edited by Arapocalypse; May 4th, 2020 at 07:50 AM.

12. ISO #12
    Low Hanging Fruit
    Timezone
    Community
    Jambos Kickback
    I'm a massive pizza and pasta fan. Really missing not being able to go out to restaurants at the moment. Although some of the good italian restaurants in my area are offering takeaway at the moment so I'm still getting my pizza fix

13. ISO #13
    Timezone
    Community
    GameFAQs
    AKA
    Sir Chris
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Pizza is a beloved food by all, but can you answer my question about what you would do if you were a Jack this game?

14. ISO #14
    Low Hanging Fruit
    Timezone
    Community
    Jambos Kickback
    Tricky one because I'd be tempted to go for the save on the first night but then if a goon suspects you might be good roled that gives them a free hit on you the next night so I'd be torn between doctor and tracking.

15. ISO #15
    Hype! Arapocalypse's Avatar Discord Moderator
    Community
    Mafia Games Discord
    AKA
    Ara
    « Update on Edits »
    Update on Editing: Edits are no longer active in this thread!

Additionally, confirming for the sake of integrity that what Elayne added after EDIT in post p#9 was indeed the only thing edited in that post!!!

Apologies for the multiple pings; good luck have fun stay hyped!!!!!

16. ISO #16
    Timezone
    Community
    Wrestlingsmarks.com

Achromatic what is the purpose of that question about what people would do as jacks?

17. ISO #17
    Timezone
    Community
    The Alter Bridge Nation
    I think I would track first. Tracker and motion detector are kind of similar in that they get some information but it's up for interpretation. I would probably go tracker, doctor, detector.

18. ISO #18
    Community
    Dominating 12

The heal is a protective action, while the other two are investigating actions. Between the two investigating, i believe the tracking to be more accurate (one can bust a mafia killer with a tracking while a motion detector is more blurry).
    So if i had to say one now, i would start with the Motion Detector cause it covers a wider spectrum (catching both active and passive actions).
    I’d rather keep my heal and tracker for later, when my reads are better, and when the probability of hitting right is higher (less players being alive).
    Of course it may vary depending on what’s going on at EOD (a townie i feel in danger could be healed for instance).

19. ISO #19
    Banned
    Timezone
    Community
    GoodGamery
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Inconquerable (#8)
    Good morning, everybody! Love the story on this game so far. Since I know precisely zero of you, let's get to know each other! Favourite foods anybody? I'm a big dessert fan personally, give me a piece of pie and I'm happy.
    Good Morning! My favorite food is Sushi though I won't turn down a slice of homemade rhubarb pie

20. ISO #20
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    www.forthesports.com
    AKA
    Grimlock (Utopia)
    Good day all. I guess it's time to get things under way.

21. ISO #21
    Banned
    Timezone
    Community
    GoodGamery
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Achromatic (#10)
    I haven't played this format before but my thought process going on pre-game was that power wasn't too important given the skill set available to them.

Anyway I have a question for everyone, and don't think too hard about it I am just trying to loosen the game up a bit: If you were a Jack, what ability would you use night 1?

N1 is always kind of a crapshoot, yeah? I'd probably go with Motion Detector first, save the Doc and watch for when they could be possibly more targeted.

22. ISO #22
    Timezone
    Community
    Wrestlingsmarks.com
    I wouldn't answer that question so willingly if I were you guys. The jack action one, the food question is fine. Personally I'm a simple guy when it comes to food, will eat just about anything.

23. ISO #23
    Timezone
    Community
    GameFAQs
    AKA
    Sir Chris
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tweetums (#16)
    Yohooo people!

Achromatic what is the purpose of that question about what people would do as jacks?

I have my reasons, don't worry when I explain in a bit I think it will be pretty transparent what I am aiming at.

May I ask why you seem hesitant to answer the question? The mafia team has no power after all and any answer you give is non-binding even if you were the Jack. What harm is there?

24. ISO #24
    Timezone
    Community
    Wrestlingsmarks.com
    I simply fail to see the town utility in talking about what you'd do as JOAT. Who knows, maybe I'm just looking at things wrong, maybe you can enlighten me.

25. ISO #25
    Timezone
    Community
    GameFAQs
    AKA
    Sir Chris
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Sure, when more people give their answers I will be sure to enlighten. I will mark you down as an "undecided."

26. ISO #26
    Timezone
    Community
    Wrestlingsmarks.com
    If your reasons for asking that question make sense to me I will answer it, if not I'll tell you why I didn't answer instead.

27. ISO #27
    Timezone
    Community
    GameFAQs
    AKA
    Sir Chris
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    No worries, your answer already met my criteria.

28. ISO #28
    Timezone
    Community
    GameFAQs
    AKA
    Sir Chris
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaxagore (#18)
    Achromatic,

The heal is a protective action, while the other two are investigating actions. Between the two investigating, i believe the tracking to be more accurate (one can bust a mafia killer with a tracking while a motion detector is more blurry).
    So if i had to say one now, i would start with the Motion Detector cause it covers a wider spectrum (catching both active and passive actions).
    I’d rather keep my heal and tracker for later, when my reads are better, and when the probability of hitting right is higher (less players being alive).
    Of course it may vary depending on what’s going on at EOD (a townie i feel in danger could be healed for instance).
    Good morning Anaxagore. Can you please define what you mean by 'passive actions'?

29. ISO #29
    Timezone
    Community
    GameFAQs
    AKA
    Sir Chris
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Tricky one because I'd be tempted to go for the save on the first night but then if a goon suspects you might be good roled that gives them a free hit on you the next night so I'd be torn between doctor and tracking.
    How does your action night 1 give a goon any information either way? Please explain.

30. ISO #30
    Timezone
    Community
    The Alter Bridge Nation
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tweetums (#22)
    I wouldn't answer that question so willingly if I were you guys. The jack action one, the food question is fine. Personally I'm a simple guy when it comes to food, will eat just about anything.
    I realize I've answered, but I'm seeing your point. I think Achromatic is looking for everybody's strategies early, but I also think him being pushy about people answering is suspect. Early days still but this is what I'm thinking.

31. ISO #31
    Timezone
    Community
    GameFAQs
    AKA
    Sir Chris
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Inconquerable (#30)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tweetums (#22)
    I realize I've answered, but I'm seeing your point. I think Achromatic is looking for everybody's strategies early, but I also think him being pushy about people answering is suspect. Early days still but this is what I'm thinking.

Hi Inconquerable, quick question about this. What about my posts has come off as pushy? So far one person did not answer and I told them not to worry about it. What about my posts so far made you believe 'pushy' was an accurate way to describe my posts?

32. ISO #32
    Timezone
    Community
    The Alter Bridge Nation
    Quote Originally Posted by Achromatic (#13)
    Pizza is a beloved food by all, but can you answer my question about what you would do if you were a Jack this game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Achromatic (#23)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tweetums (#16)
    Yohooo people!

I have my reasons, don't worry when I explain in a bit I think it will be pretty transparent what I am aiming at.

May I ask why you seem hesitant to answer the question? The mafia team has no power after all and any answer you give is non-binding even if you were the Jack. What harm is there?
    These were the two that stood out to me. Pushy may not be the right word, maybe headstrong describes them better.

33. ISO #33
    Timezone
    Community
    GameFAQs
    AKA
    Sir Chris
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    I am pretty sure headstrong would be the title of my mafia biography if such a thing were to ever exist, so reasonable enough. Thank you for the prompt response.

34. ISO #34
    Timezone
    UTC-11:00
    Community
    Werewolf Mafia Group on FB
    Hello everyone! First time playing on this site, I’m excited. This forum seems a bit confusing cuz I’m not used to it but I’m sure I’ll catch on quickly.
    Fav food is a close tie between Mac and cheese and Chinese food!
    After catching up, I’m wary of Achromatic, I’d like to know the reasoning behind your question ? I don’t see you being pushy rn, but I’m curious why you won’t say you asked the question in the first place and I’m also curious why most people are answering so willingly.

35. ISO #35
    Timezone
    Community
    GameFAQs
    AKA
    Sir Chris
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    If you are familiar with the term 'poisoning the well', I wish to avoid doing that by explaining my reasoning. This forum is excellent by the way, many very good mafia tools to be had.

36. ISO #36
    Community
    Dominating 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Achromatic (#28)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaxagore (#18)
    Achromatic,

Good morning Anaxagore. Can you please define what you mean by 'passive actions'?
    Motion Detecting another player will detect any motion surrounding that player that Night. If they visit someone or were visited by someone else, you will detect motion.

37. ISO #37
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Season 7, Game 1: Food Fight [The Mafia Championship] Day 1 Votecount

Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    15 Not voting Achromatic (10), Anaxagore (3), BloodWolf14 (0), CJSchneider (1), Cornflower MM (0), Elayne (1), Frinckles (0), hollowkatt (2), Inconquerable (4), Jazziejelly (1), Matt4 (0), Mr.Tweetums (4), oromagi (0), Shapes (3), Sherlip (0)

View Vote History

Day 1 ends at 5:00 PM EDT on Tuesday, May 5th, 2020. There are 1588712460000 remaining.

Posted at 1 days, 6 hours, 0 minutes, 58 seconds remaining.

38. ISO #38
    Banned
    Timezone
    Community
    GoodGamery
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Achromatic (#35)
    If you are familiar with the term 'poisoning the well', I wish to avoid doing that by explaining my reasoning. This forum is excellent by the way, many very good mafia tools to be had.
    realistically though the well was poisoned as soon as you said you had a motive for asking the question you weren't willing to divulge before you had more answers.

I'd expect, given your post above, that people who haven't answered yet are more likely to be more wary of answering.

39. ISO #39
    Timezone
    Community
    GameFAQs
    AKA
    Sir Chris
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    It's very possible, but simply lying or not answering wouldn't have been very fruitful of a reply. I try to be transparent even when I am scheming to the best of my ability.

What do you think there is to be wary about from this line of questioning, hollowkatt?

40. ISO #40
    Low Hanging Fruit
    Timezone
    Community
    Jambos Kickback
    It doesn't give them any information but if however they were to have a hunch on someone's role by activity on thread/wish to take a random punt then depending on what power the person has used/used that night then it could work in their favour. Could equally work against them though. All very hypothetical so early on in the game. Intrigued as to why you have said you have a reason for asking your question but now won't divulge.

41. ISO #41
    Low Hanging Fruit
    Timezone
    Community
    Jambos Kickback
    That last post was replying to @Achromatic

Still working out the format of this site.

42. ISO #42
    Banned
    Timezone
    Community
    GoodGamery
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    That last post was replying to @Achromatic

Still working out the format of this site.
    There's a quote button on the bottom of the post you want to reply to.
    Additionally, if you want to tag a specific person in your post you can type the "@" sign and their username immediately after, like this only without the space between the "@" and the name:

@ Shapes. To tag looks like this: @Shapes

43. ISO #43
    Banned
    Timezone
    Community
    GoodGamery
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Achromatic (#39)
    It's very possible, but simply lying or not answering wouldn't have been very fruitful of a reply. I try to be transparent even when I am scheming to the best of my ability.

What do you think there is to be wary about from this line of questioning, hollowkatt?
    I think the better question is this one: Why should I have to spell out why there would be concerns about asking everyone what they would do as a joat?

Ultimately mafia is a game about information, right? Wolves already know who all the town are, we have no idea who they are. They have no idea who our joats are, right? We don't want to give them any hints or ideas of where to look when they start killing.

I didn't like the question when it was asked but I answered because other people were already answering and since that cat is out of the bag now the more answers there are the harder it is for wolves to make use of those answers.

44. ISO #44
    Timezone
    UTC-11:00
    Community
    Werewolf Mafia Group on FB
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#43)
    Quote Originally Posted by Achromatic (#39)

I think the better question is this one: Why should I have to spell out why there would be concerns about asking everyone what they would do as a joat?

Ultimately mafia is a game about information, right? Wolves already know who all the town are, we have no idea who they are. They have no idea who our joats are, right? We don't want to give them any hints or ideas of where to look when they start killing.

I didn't like the question when it was asked but I answered because other people were already answering and since that cat is out of the bag now the more answers there are the harder it is for wolves to make use of those answers.
    This makes sense. That was why i asked though i was curious why everyone answered so willingly in the beginning and now that a lot have i agree with the statement.
    To answer the question though, id save doctor for later once i have better reads. Im unfamiliar with the motion detector but id prob use that first simply becuz tracker seems to give more info and i'd rather save that for a better read then a night one guess.

45. ISO #45
    Timezone
    Community
    www.forthesports.com
    AKA
    Grimlock (Utopia)
    I will say that the question could be perceived as "suspect". There is some deep game strategy in it to be sure, but it places you in a poor position when done, even when done for the right reasons.

To answer your question: I'll eat the $%#! end out of a rag doll if I'm hungry enough, and twice if you cook it right.

46. ISO #46
    Timezone
    Community
    www.forthesports.com
    AKA
    Grimlock (Utopia)
    https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php...otion_Detector

"The Motion Detector, sometimes known as a variant of Reporter, is an informative role that can target a player at Night and learn if any actions were performed by or on that player, but not what the actions were or who else they involved.

Motion Detectors can be of either alignment."

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Tracker

"The Tracker is an informative role that can target a player at Night and learn who, if anybody, that player targeted the same night (but not the action the player performed). If that player did not target anyone, the Tracker receives a result of "did not target anyone" or similar.

Trackers have been seen as each alignment"

In short, a motion detector informs the player "what", whereas a tracker gives info on "who".

47. ISO #47
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Season 7, Game 1: Food Fight [The Mafia Championship] Day 1 Votecount

Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    15 Not voting Achromatic (11), Anaxagore (3), BloodWolf14 (0), CJSchneider (3), Cornflower MM (0), Elayne (1), Frinckles (0), hollowkatt (5), Inconquerable (4), Jazziejelly (2), Matt4 (0), Mr.Tweetums (4), oromagi (0), Shapes (5), Sherlip (0)

View Vote History

48. ISO #48
    Timezone
    Community
    GameFAQs
    AKA
    Sir Chris
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Okay, that is a little annoying as I had a big post typed up and then MU decided to eat it whole. Lesson learned, using google doc from now on. Time to redo this but probably with a bit more to the point style.

Anyway since I have about half of the game answering I might as well reveal that I didn’t care about the question at all. Personally, I think the question is zero sum and town can lie or speculate however they like, also given the Jack role PM is public knowledge jacks and vanillas alike have the ability to think over the roles and give a reasonable answer. Scum really shouldn’t be able to gather overly much, especially since early day 1 answers are unreliable at best.

So time to town lean some people in the name of narrowing down day 1!

I thought Tweetum’s resistence and questioning was very townie, especially knowing he is new to the game of mafia.
    I liked how Shapes seem to think out loud over my question, I felt it was earnest so he can be town.
    I really thought Jazzie was genuinely puzzled over why people were willingly answering the question, that’s also town leaning.

Anaxagore and Inconquerable gave more neutral responses for my money’s worth.

Which leaves Hollowkatt as mafia for me at the moment. He claims he didn’t like the question, but if we review how he answered it:

Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#21)
    Quote Originally Posted by Achromatic (#10)

N1 is always kind of a crapshoot, yeah? I'd probably go with Motion Detector first, save the Doc and watch for when they could be possibly more targeted.

He seemed to be perfectly willing to answer. Note how multiple people questioned me before answering, but it is only with hindsight that he goes “yes, but you know cat was out of the bag!”

Experienced players should lead, not go with the flow. When experienced players go with the flow only to critique in hindsight it makes me think they are mafia who didn’t want to be the first to rustle feathers.

Also I disagree that N1 is a crapshoot.

##Vote hollowkatt

49. ISO #49
    Timezone
    Community
    Wrestlingsmarks.com
    I sorta expect one particular explanation from Achromatic as to what he was trying to accomplish with that question, as it stands I consider the answers people give purely as info for mafia, unreliable and WIFOMY as it may be.

We're what, 7 hours in without a single vote cast? Let's get this game outta the muck folks. Day 1 is set to deadline lynch so let's wagon people.

50. ISO #50
    Timezone
    Community
    weerwolvenvanwakkerdam.nl
    Alright. I see that Achro has already started to ask questions and getting to know everyone :P

As for the food question: I eat just about anything, but pizza and dutch pancakes are still my favourites.

As for the question about the JOAT: I think I would start by using the Motion. I believe that if you Motion Detect a townie that died that night, you should see what Mafia killed them. Would be a useful action for the first night. The Tracker shows you someone that did an action. Could be both a JOAT or a Mafia, although the chances of it being a Mafia are slightly higher I believe.

The way Achro has started this threat isn't AI in this case for me since I know players that are this 'agressive' both as a Townie or a Mafia.

I also want to let everyone know that I really really have to get used to all the english terms and this forum overall. I might be a bit unclear at certain points, but if you want me to clarify something just tell me to.