Page 1 of 64 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 7, Game 2: Brooklyn Nine-Nine vs Fire Department [The Mafia Championship]

1. ISO #1
    Mantichora's Avatar Game Manager
    Community
    MiniMafia
    Season 7, Game 2: Brooklyn Nine-Nine vs Fire Department [The Mafia Championship]

SEASON 7, GAME 2: BROOKLYN NINE-NINE VS FIRE DEPARTMENT (MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP)

Welcome to Season 7 of the Mafia Championship!

An international forum-based tournament for Mafia players from all over the world

Hosted By: Our automated @Mafia Host w/ @Angrypotato providing flavor
    Start Date: May 4th, 2020
    Start of Day/End of Day: 12 PM EDT
    Phase Lengths: 72/24
    Lynch Mechanics: Deadline Lynch (person with most votes is lynched at the end of the deadline). In case of a tie, one of the tied players will randomly be lynched. No lynch is a valid vote. Starting Day 2, Majority is enabled, meaning the players can end day early if someone attains a majority of the votes.
    Night Chat In Thread: No, thread will be locked during Night Phases
    Out of Thread Communication: Only the Mafia team may communicate with each other outside of the thread (24/7)
    LYLO Rules: Votes are automatically locked in at LYLO. I.e. when the game reaches a point where one more mislynch leads to a loss, you cannot change your vote once you have cast it.
    Minimum Posting Requirement: Minimum 10 posts per Game Day
    Maximum Posts Allowed: 150 posts per player per Game Day (restriction is lifted 2 hours before EOD though, so if you've reached your max you can post again at that time).

3x Mafia Goon
    2x Town Jack Of All Trades (9x Doctor, 9x Motion Detector, 9x Tracker)
    10x Vanilla Townie

Note that the Jacks Of All Trades must use all three actions before repeating an action, i.e. they are rotating. This does not mean they must use the actions in the same order every time.

Relevant mechanics info
    - Votes are automatically locked in at LYLO.
    - Mafia factional kills are assigned. They can be tracked, watched, roleblocked, etc. (In this setup, that means they display as an action to the Tracker and the Motion Detector actions.)
    - Mafia share a factional Night Kill, which is a single standard shot for their faction. The mafia faction kill is mandatory.
    - Mafia may communicate at any time.
    - Each individual player may make a maximum of 150 posts per day phase (this restriction is lifted 2 hours before day end).
    - The game will have a host to oversee everything and make sure everyone’s following the code of conduct, but otherwise the game is completely automated (automatic votecounts, thread locks and reveals roles automatically, the bot receives and processes actions, etc.).

Doctor: Protects the target from kills on that night only (cannot self-protect)

Tracker: Learns who the target visited, but not what actions they did

Motion Detector: Detects motion involving the target on that night (finds motion if the target visited someone or was visited, with no distinction between the two)

JOAT Role PM:
    Role PM for Vanilla+ Champs Test Game -- Euro-Friendly!

You are Town Jack of All Trades (x9 Doctor, x9 Tracker, x9 Motion Detector). You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

Town Jack Of All Trades

As Town Jack Of All Trades, you have access to one or more night actions.

x9 Doctor

You have access to the Protection Night Action. Protection will protect your target from being killed. You will not learn whether you successfully protected someone. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used. You cannot target the same player on consecutive nights.

x9 Tracker

You have access to the Tracking Night Action. Tracking another player informs you who that player used a Night Action on that night, if any. You will not learn what type of Night Action your target has. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

x9

You have access to the Motion Detect Night Action. Motion Detecting another player will detect any motion surrounding that player that Night. If they visit someone or were visited by someone else, you will detect motion. If they did not visit anyone and were not visited by anyone, you will not detect motion. You will not learn what type of Night Action was used on or by your target or who used those actions. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

If you do not submit an action, you will forego your action on that day. Keep in mind that if you have multiple uses of your abilities, you must cycle through all of them before being allowed to reuse any of them.

Game Thread: ~

# REPRESENTATIVE COMMUNITY BACK-UP(S)
    1 @Armin94 GreyWolf Promised Wolves mina_6400
    2 @Captan_Lunch No Goblins Allowed
    3 @cayvie Dominion Strategy
    4 @El Quintron DSLReports
    5 @Ephemera PokeBeach @TeamAqua4Life
    6 @Exalt SSCU Trench Wars Forums
    7 @Icy Tea Bay 12 Games @notquitethere
    8 @Jamezbeast Discord Mafia! Silverstar
    9 @Justplayingitcool Neoseeker - Wrestling
    10 @Kary Smashboards @Pokechu
    11 @Keith PokeCommunity
    12 @Nano4 Reborn Evolved
    13 @Rhand MTG Salvation @Prophylaxis
    14 @Rysler HogwartsWerewolves @Ereska
    15 @TheWabbit Town of Salem @Chemist1422

Spectate the game on our Discord server

Read more about this season here
    Last edited by Thingyman; May 4th, 2020 at 11:08 AM.

2. ISO #2
    Mantichora's Avatar Game Manager
    Community
    MiniMafia

1) Armin94

REPRESENTING: GreyWolf Promised Wolves

NATIONALITY: Iranian

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): About 5 years ago

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: GreyWolf Promised Wolves

BIO:
    My name is Armin ..!
    I am 19 years old.
    I've been playing Mafia for about 5 years.
    I have won most of my competitions
    And I play about 20 games every day.
    I am the representative of Iran in these competitions.
    And I hope to be a good representative for my country and to defend Iran's eyebrows in these competitions.
    I know I have tough competitors, but I'm not weak either
    I love the role of the mafia
    Because the role of the mafia is in line with my spirit.

2) Captan_Lunch

REPRESENTING: No Goblins Allowed

NATIONALITY:

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR):

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES:

BIO:

3) cayvie

REPRESENTING: Dominion Strategy

NATIONALITY: USA

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): ooh… 2004? 2005?

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: mafiascum & MTGSalvation waaay back when. The Dominion Strategy Forums exclusively since about 2012.

BIO:
    I’m used to a much slower game than goes on around here, but I’m adjusting. Basically my main skills are obvtowning and throwing out D1 reads that turn out to be pretty good after everyone’s forgotten about them.

4) El Quintron

REPRESENTING: DSLReports

NATIONALITY: Canadian

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2014 (or thereabouts)

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Really only play on DSL Reports, and some games of Town of Salem

BIO:
    Accolades were for an all Mafia game I hosted once and also for another game I hosted where 50% of the player count died on day one due to indiscriminate use of Vigilantes.

5) Ephemera

REPRESENTING: PokeBeach

NATIONALITY:

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR):

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES:

BIO: While I may claim that I have no relations to famous user Ephemeral, people still debate this. I will say it again: I have no relations with Ephemeral. It will be obvious because my taste in pokemon is so much better, hence me being in a championship game. #sorrynotsorry. I'm also a big fan of pokemon. My favorite pokemon is Wurmple. The biggest oversight about Wurmple is taht it is unbelievably cute. People look down on worm type pokemon, calling them ugly and unviable. I'm here to change that perception. Worms rise up! This bio was provided by @Mantichora

6) Exalt

REPRESENTING: SSCU Trench Wars Forums

NATIONALITY: American/Chicago, IL (currently living in Istanbul for work)

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2003ish? Maybe earlier

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Trenchwars Forums, Mafiascum, some EpicMafia over a decade ago

BIO:
    I've been playing mafia in TW Forums for at least a decade now, but probably more like 15 years or so. We used to have a much bigger group, but the ones who remain have been playing together for a long, long time. I've also played over at mafiascum at various points throughout the years under different names.

Favorite roles: scum, cult, serial killer

Strengths: intuition/blind reads, fake claims, catching fake claims

Weaknesses: railroading lurkers, can sometimes lose temper at bad town play

7) Icy Tea

REPRESENTING: Bay 12 Games

NATIONALITY: Finland

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2018 on Bay 12 as a "serious" game. I had casually (and poorly) played the game elsewhere before then, but I forget exactly when I started.

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Bay12 Games Forum, Epicmafia, Town of Salem, real life

BIO:
    You may call me Tea. I'm an information technology student from Finland, and as one could guess from that, I am very much into logic and algorithms. However, what's strange is that to me Mafia isn't a game of logic. It's a game of communication. Being able to communicate your ideas out and to understand those of others is paramount, as is being able to catch meanings they didn't try to communicate. My common playstyle is to lay a web and to lure players into it, reading their emotions and looking for signs of bad faith and knowledge they shouldn't have. The correct bait for such an analysis varies by player, which troubles me in cross-community play: I likely won't have the opportunity to gauge each of my opponents for cracks in their masks. However, I like to vary and experiment with strategies: a flashy gambit is always fun, of course, and with the correct reputation even orthodox play is surprising enough to leave your opponents guessing. Keeping your strategy flexible, or at least looking like so, is the key to getting into your opponent's head. I haven't yet decided how off-beat I will go in this tournament, but if I have, I'm probably going to not tell you that.

Oh, and I play the horn, and regularly perform in shows (or did, before the quarantines). Whether or not this becomes a Chekhov's Skill when it comes to this tournament remains to be seen.

"It would take a lot to shake my faith in IcyTea31 being town. I'm pretty much willing to stake the game on this read at this point." (I wasn't town.)

8) Jamezbeast

REPRESENTING: Discord Mafia!

NATIONALITY: Welsh

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2018

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Town of Salem, Mafia Universe (briefly), TTAG [discord], Discord Mafia [discord]

BIO:
    hey \o. Jamez here; don't really know fully what to write, but like, here we go I guess. Far too addicted to the danganronpa games (see: pfp), also interested in trains if anyone wants to talk about that (riveting, i know.).

Anyway, I'm just hoping to try and put out a decent rep of my community, and, if anyone wants to try out mafia on discord (which is a very different dynamic), dm me and I'd be happy to link.

"Jamez is $%#! but we love him"- The Lukundo

9) Justplayingitcool

REPRESENTING: Neoseeker - Wrestling

NATIONALITY: English

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): Do not know, probably 10 years ago?

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: neoseeker.com

BIO:
    Carrying town every game as I hunt scum for fun, even when I am scum myself – bussing is my forte. Won best scum of the year award once, so that was nice. I hate vanilla roles. Tend to meme day 1 but then play super hard when things get spicy. I often carry JohnCarter every game.

10) Kary

REPRESENTING: Smashboards

NATIONALITY: intentionally left blank

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2012

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Smashboards

BIO:
    "Kary - Talks the least, says the most." - Pythag

11) Keith

REPRESENTING: PokeCommunity

NATIONALITY: Finnish

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2017

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Mafia Universe, PokéCommunity, Safari Zone, Kylä, Reborn Evolved, PlayWright, MafiaScum, EpicMafia, Town of Salem, Mafia451

BIO:
    Heya. The name's Keith. I prefer a laid back playstyle, where I can take things easy, y'know? I've always thought that being desperate when being wolf or when wolfhunting'd always make my plays desperate and messy.

That's the one thing I ain't ever changing from my random playstyle.

Nice to play with ya again, heh

12) Nano4

REPRESENTING: Reborn Evolved

NATIONALITY: American

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2018

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Reborn Evolved

BIO:
    I got into mafia type games in 2016 with town of salem, and even grounded to master Elo in ranked, but didn’t get into forum mafia until 2018, I’m well known in my community for my *killer* jokes. I’m generally friendly but I have a darkness I’m not afraid to unless on my enemies.

13) Rhand

REPRESENTING: MTG Salvation

NATIONALITY: Belgian

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2012

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: MTGSalvation (home site), MAL and DLP (replaced into a game once on both sites)

BIO:
    I love playing as both alignments. Town because I love solving the puzzle and mafia because I love complicating the puzzle for others.
    My home site has very slow phases. We take weeks to finish one game Day. Which is the style I am used to and that fits perfectly with my job on River Cruises because when I’m working it’s hard to commit to fast games.
    Because I often don’t have time to catch up in games, I became expert at sniffing out town and mafia in single posts.

14) Rysler

REPRESENTING: HogwartsWerewolves

NATIONALITY: Finland

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2017

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Reddit (HogwartsWerewolves), Town of Salem

BIO:
    Hey ho! Let us go! Time to start a game!
    Ring the gong! Sing a song! Get the crowd aflame!
    Rice Ler, rhymey Rys, Rysler is my name!

Hi! Nice to meet you! To greet you! New rivals!
    Up goes the curtain gold, heralds our arrivals.
    Hails from HogwartsWerewolves, answering the true call
    Chosen by my comrades, ready for a clue brawl
    An avid analyzer, a bard who loves to write
    Ballads to decipher, musicals to cite

Gamer guy Rysler who tends to overthink
    Here to rep his House today; playing with a wink!

15) TheWabbit

REPRESENTING: Town of Salem

NATIONALITY: Filipino (Philippines)

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2016

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Town of Salem (predominantly FM)

BIO:
    I'm TheWabbit, the not-so-friendly rep for ToS. For starters, I'm an ENTP 8w7. Go look that up or something. With my avatar and personality, you'll most definitely know what I spell — trouble.

One interesting thing about me is that I'm capable of making elaborate plans while being impulsive at the same time. I'd say that I'm very flashy from the start up to 3/4 of the game, at most. Despite my (somehow questionable) playstyle, I'm really straightforward. I sometimes go overboard and end up being rude, but that's for everyone else to decide.

For a sneak peek, here are what people from ToSFM think of me, taken from past games and the ToSFM Discord:
    "wow wabbit did an impressive play"
    "wabbit terrorizes town again"
    "wabbit scares me too much"
    "wabbit u make me sad"
    "wabbit ur small"
    "what the $%#!"
    "wabbit dies"
    "hi wabbit"

This wouldn't be a Wabbit intro without this:
    Bow down, peons.
    Last edited by Lissa; May 3rd, 2020 at 11:53 PM.

3. ISO #3
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Game Information »
    Season 7, Game 2: Brooklyn Nine-Nine vs Fire Department [The Mafia Championship]: Game Information!

This is an automated game of Mafia.

Setup - 15 Players

x3 Mafia Goon
    x2 Town Jack of All Trades (x9 Doctor, x9 Tracker, x9 Motion Detector)
    x10 Vanilla Town
    • POST RESTRICTION: You may only post 150 times per Day phase. This restriction will be lifted 2 hours before phase end.
    • Majority will be in effect starting Day 2. Day 2 onward will end the instant a majority is reached.
    • Town wins when all threats to Town have been eliminated.
    • Mafia factions win when they achieve Parity and all other evil factions have been eliminated at any time.
    • Votes are automatically locked in at LYLO.
    • No Lynching is enabled. Vote for No Lynch to forgo a lynch that Day.
    • Mafia factional kills are mandatory. Mafia must submit a factional kill each night, or a player outside their faction will be chosen at random.
    • Mafia factional kills are assigned. They can be tracked, watched, or roleblocked.
    • Mafia share a factional Night Kill, which is a single standard shot for their faction.
    • Mafia may communicate at any time.
    • Tied votes will result in a player being lynched at random from among the tied players.

Phase Lengths

Days are 72 hours in length. Nights are 24 hours in length.

Players

@Armin94
    @Captan_Lunch
    @cayvie
    @El Quintron
    @Ephemera
    @Exalt
    @Icy Tea
    @Jamezbeast
    @Justplayingitcool
    @Kary
    @Keith
    @Nano4
    @Rhand
    @Rysler
    @TheWabbit

FAQ

Are you unsure about how actions are processed or how roles interact with each other? Then read more here:

ORDER OF OPERATIONS

Night actions are processed in this order:

Strongman kills
    Roleblocks
    Jails
    Doctors
    Bodyguards
    Kills
    Investigations
    Backups

When an action was submitted during the night will never matter when the actions are processed.

ACTION FEEDBACK

These are the results you will get when you submit certain actions.

Non-investigative roles when they submit an action (they also receive this if they are roleblocked):

Your action on Player A was received.
    Investigative actions return results even if the target dies on the same night.

Actions that count as visits are counted as visits even if the actor dies on the same night.

Investigative roles (Tracker, Cop, etc.) when roleblocked:

Your action on Player B did not return any results.
    Trackers when tracking a person that didn't visit anyone (or if they targeted a Ninja):

Player C did not visit anyone.
    Watchers when watching a person that wasn't visited by anyone (or only visited by a Ninja):

Player D was not visited by anyone.
    Alignment Cop when investigating a town-aligned player (or a Godfather):

Player E is Town
    Watcher when watching a person that was visited by multiple people:

Player F was visited by Player G, Player H, Player I
    FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

How do I submit my action?
    Use the form below the game thread. If your role has a night action, the form will only be visible during night phases. It's not possible to submit actions in advance of the night phase.

What does it mean if the Mafia Host says that night kills are assigned?
    In games with this setting turned on, the member of the mafia team that made the most recent night kill submission will be the one assigned to the kill, which means that the kill can be blocked if a Town Roleblocker or Town Jailkeeper target the mafia player in question. Similarly, the kill can be tracked and watched by Town Trackers and Town Watchers. If this setting isn't turned on, then it doesn't matter who the last person to submit the mafia kill is, as the kill is unblockable and untrackable in this case.

Where do I find example role PM's?
    This thread contains example role PM's for all roles currently supported by the Modbot as well as information on the various modifiers. Here you will find the answers to a lot of questions not covered in this FAQ section.

Which roles can self-target?
    Only Watchers are able to use their ability on themselves at night. This means that Doctors or Jailkeepers aren't able to protect themselves, for example.

Which roles are not able to target the same players on consecutive nights?
    Doctors, Jailkeepers, and Roleblockers are not allowed to target the same player twice in a row. Everyone else is, including Bodyguards. Note that this non-consecutive restriction still holds true even if one of these three roles were blocked the night before when targeting the person that they're attempting to target again.

What happens if Jailkeeper A and Jailkeeper B or Roleblocker A and Roleblocker B target each other (and are not targetted by other blockers)?
    In the case of Jailkeepers, they will block and protect each other. In the case of Roleblockers, they also block each other. This means that the two players are trackable to each other that night by Trackers and Watchers. It also means that if one of them is mafia and happens to simultaneously be the one submitting the factional kill that night in a game with assigned kills, then this kill is blocked. This same principle applies to longer loops. I.e. in a A > B > C > D > A loop, everyone is blocked.

What happens if Jailkeeper A targets Roleblocker B who targets Jailkeeper A?
    Jailkeeper A will be blocked in this scenario. Refer to the order of operations: Roleblocks process before jails.

What happens if Jailkeeper A targets Roleblocker B who targets Player C?
    As stated above, roleblocks process before jails, so Roleblocker B will successfully block Player C. I.e. Jailkeeper A will fail to block Roleblocker B, but will still protect Roleblocker B.

What happens if Jailkeeper A targets Jailkeeper B and Jailkeeper B targets Jailkeeper C (who isn't targeting any of the former two)?
    In this case, Jailkeeper A would prevent Jailkeeper B's block from occuring, meaning that Jailkeeper C's action is not blocked.

If an X-Shot role is blocked while using a shot, do they lose that shot forever?
    Yes. A 1-shot Vigilante being blocked while attempting to kill someone will not have their shot refunded.

If someone with a Strongman modifier kills Player A who is protected by Bodyguard B, who dies?
    Player A will die, and Bodyguard B will survive.

Can a mafia team choose not to kill anyone during a night?
    The host can determine this using the Mafia Factional Kill setting. Kills can be mandatory, optional, or disabled altogether.

The default is No. The mafia factional kill is compulsory. This is done in order to avoid deadlocked games where the town keeps no lynching and the mafia refuses to submit a kill. If the game has assigned kills, it will be randomized which member of the team is carrying out the kill.

If there is only one mafia member left in a game without assigned kills, can the mafia factional kill then be blocked and/or tracked?
    No.

Can the mafia submit a kill for one of their own members?
    No.

If I kill someone, does their night action, if they have one, still succeed?
    Yes, killing someone doesn't prevent them from performing their night action (unless they investigated someone, in which case they will not receive a report). Refer to the order of operations: All kills happen at the end of the night, and everyone pulls the trigger simultaneously.

Can individual night actions be proxied on mafia teams?
    No. If the mafia team has a Mafia Roleblocker, for example, and they want to use this role's action, then the player occupying that slot must submit the action themselves.

If a Lover is shot during the night, while the other Lover is protected that night, does the other Lover still die?
    Yes. It's not possible to prevent a Lover from dying of love sickness.

If a Bodyguard protects Lover A, while Lover B is shot during that same night, what happens?
    A dies of love sickness and Bodyguard lives.

If there are any Innocent Childs in the game, are these confirmed in the thread right when the game begins?
    No. Innocent Childs are able to decide themselves when or if they wish to have the Modbot confirm their role and alignment in the thread. Note that this is exclusively a day action and that it can take up to one minute for the Modbot to process the action.

What results are Alignment Cops, Full Cops and Role Cops given if they investigate a Godfather or a Miller?
    Alignment Cops are told "Town" for Godfathers and "Mafia" for Millers. Full Cops are told "Vanilla Town" for Godfathers and "Mafia Goon" for Millers. Role Cops are told "Godfather" for Godfathers and "Miller" for Millers.

Can Role Cops tell the difference between a Vanilla Town and Mafia Goon?
    No. They are told "Vanilla" when investigating either of these two roles.

If I roleblock someone with a Bulletproof Vest, will that nullify the effect of the vest?
    No. Bulletproof Vests are passive modifiers that cannot be blocked from working.

If I roleblock Masons, Neighbors or Lovers with out of thread communication privileges, can I prevent them from talking at night?
    No.

If I roleblock a Godfather, will they still be revealed as being town-aligned to Alignment Cops and Full Cops that night?
    Yes.

USING THE SOFTWARE

Are you wondering about how to vote, submit night actions or multi-isolate players? Read about this and more here:

VOTING BBCODES

Our forum votes for someone by using the vote tags: [V]Thingyman[/V]. Preview:

##Vote Thingyman

Make sure that you spell out the full, correct name. Abbreviations or misspelled names will not be registered by the Modbot.

To unvote, use the tags: [UNV][/UNV] . When unvoting you do not need to enter the name of the person that you are unvoting. Preview:

##Unvote

VOTING BUTTONS

You can also quickly vote for someone by clicking on the box with a checkmark icon, which will bring up an alphabetized dropdown containing the names of living players:

This will insert [V][/V] tags with the name of the player you selected in the dropdown, perfect every time.

Click the empty checkbox button to insert [UNV][/UNV].

SUBMITTING NIGHT ACTIONS

If you have a night action, simply submit this at night by scrolling to the bottom of the game thread. Here you will find a night action form like this:

Click the dropdown and select the player whom you wish to use your night action on. You can change it as many times as you wish before the deadline expires.

CALLING UP A VOTECOUNT

Votecounts will appear automatically at various intervals, but you can also call up votecounts yourself by following these steps:

First, you need to apply to join "Mafia Game Hosts" under Permission Groups.

Second, once your request has been approved, you will be able to call up votecounts by simply pushing the "Post Votecount" button in the top right corner of any game thread that you'd like an updated votecount for.

VIEWING VOTE HISTORY

There are three ways to access the vote history for any game.

1. Click on the "Vote History" button in the top right corner of the game thread:

2. Click on the "View Vote History" link, which accompanies all votecounts:

3. Click on Modbot in the top forum menu. This will give you a list of ongoing and completed games:

Next, simply click on "Vote History" to view all votes for that game.

Following any of the above three steps will bring you to an overview like this one:

Click on a Voter's username to view all of the votes by their slot.

Click on a Target's username to view all of the votes for their slot.

ISOLATING A PLAYER'S POSTS

If you wish to read a player's posts in isolation, simply click on "ISO" in the top right corner of one of that player's posts in the relevant thread as illustrated here:

Alternatively, you can access a player's posts in isolation by clicking on the number next to "Replies:" in the forum lobby.

Doing so will pull up a window listing the post counts for everyone who has posted in that thread. You access someone's posts in isolation by simply clicking on the number next to "Posts:" for that person.

The ISO view itself has Quote and Multi-Quote buttons inside it, which will make it very easy to quickly quote a lot of a player's posts for analysis or commentary:

MULTI-ISOLATING

If you wish to read not just one player's posts, but you want to ISO multiple players, then click the "Multi ISO" button to the left of "Game Tools" and select the players in question as shown here:

MULTI-QUOTING WHILE THREAD IS LOCKED

Note that you can multi-quote posts from even locked game threads. This is useful for when you wish to reread the game and do work during night phases.

After quoting the relevant posts, you simply open a different, opened thread and press "Go Advanced". Then add the quotes to your post by clicking the prompt below the post area as shown here:

Now, of course you can't post your work in the game thread while the thread is locked, but you can copy paste and save your work to a local file or the cloud and have it ready to post the very next day phase (if you're still alive, that is).

BOOKMARKS

Whenever you open a game thread, you are able to bookmark posts. This is for many players an important tool for keeping track of and remembering vital pieces of information, reads, claims etc.

Also, note that these bookmarks are saved to your user account, meaning that it eliminates the trouble associated with keeping notes between different computers/devices.

If you want to bookmark a post, you simply scroll to the post that you want to bookmark and press "Set Bookmark" as shown here:

This will call up 5 different colored icons (Blue, Red, Yellow, Green, and Black) on the right side of the post in question. You can click any of these icons, which will then prompt you to include a note for the post.

If you don't want to include a note, you don't have to - just leave it blank. The color coding in itself can be a valuable tool. Maybe you want to use Red bookmarks for posts that you find suspicious, Green bookmarks for posts that you find townie, Black bookmarks for posts containing claims, or whatever system you can think of that will be helpful to you.

Once this is done, you have now successfully bookmarked a post with a certain color and maybe even a note. If you wish to remove the bookmark again, click on "Unset Bookmark".

How do I access bookmarks?

There are two ways to access your bookmarks.
    1. Inside a game thread, you can access the bookmarks for that specific game by simply right clicking on the "Bookmark" button and opening the link.

This will bring you to a separate page that is automatically filtered to only show bookmarks from the game thread that you accessed the page from.
    2. You can also access your bookmarks by going to Features in the site's top menu:

This will bring you to a page where no bookmarks are shown by default. However, you have several filtering options.

You can filter by Game, by Player and by Color - and all of them at once if you so wish.

Here's an example of filtering by only red bookmarks in one specific game:

If you want to be taken directly to one of your bookmarked posts, you just click the post number.

How do I quote bookmarks?

You can also multi-quote bookmarked posts by clicking the little "+" button seen above on the far right side of each bookmark.

Once you have multi-quoted all the bookmarked posts that you want to quote, you will then have to go to the game thread in which you wish to quote the bookmarked posts.

Here you have two ways of quoting the posts.

1. Click on "Reply With Quote" on another post as shown here:

You will then probably want to delete the last post quoted in the reply box, but otherwise you should be good to go.
    2. Or you can do the more smooth option and click the "Reply To Thread" button at the top and bottom of the game thread - as shown here:

By doing this you will open up a reply box containing only your multi-quoted bookmarked posts.

4. ISO #4
    cuts ribs wearing wolf Angrypotato's Avatar
    Timezone
    UTC+08:00
    Community
    Greywolf main
    AKA
    YanniCui , Hildegard Margot Cui
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

People always asked what the purpose of The Jimmy Jab games is. What is does it achieve apart from wasting taxpayer's money on useless games and fulfilling the vain and overinflated egos of the 99th precinct. But no more! For today, the Jimmy Jab game has finally found its real purpose: The ultimate showdown between the NYPD and the useless bums (aka the New York Fire Department.

The rules of the Jimmy Jab game is simply elementary, 12 NYPD members and 3 useless bums engage in the survival of the fittest, where each challenge would result in a player being eliminated. In the end, if the bums achieve parity with the NYPD, they win. On the other hand, if all 3 bums are eliminated before they achieved parity with the NYPD, the 99th precinct wins.

What is the prize?
    The winning team from the Jimmy Jab games would receive a cummerbund declaring that their force to be the New York's Finest. (And that Boone wants Jake to kiss his feet)

Here are the participants for this year's Jimmy Jab games.

For the NYPD, we have (drumroll please) Captain Holt, Captain Kim, Captain Stentley, Terry, Jake and Amy (my little lovers), Rosa, Sully, Hitchcock, Pimento, Debbie, and Gina.

For the Fire department, (boos please), we have Boone and his two cronies.

Your first challenge would be a Jimmy Jab classic, the month-old Chinese food challenge. Whomever that stops eating the earliest would be eliminated.

And who am I? I am Detective Boyle at your service, owner of a cute butt, food connoisseur, father of Nikolaj, and Jake's best friend.

With that said, I now declare that the annual Jimmy Jab game is now in session!!!!!
    Start eating folks!!!!!
    Last edited by Angrypotato; May 4th, 2020 at 12:27 PM.

5. ISO #5
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    « Day 1 Start »
    Season 7, Game 2: Brooklyn Nine-Nine vs Fire Department [The Mafia Championship] Day 1 Start

Day 1 has begun.

Day 1 ends at 12:00 PM EDT on Thursday, May 7th, 2020. There are 1588867260000 remaining.

6. ISO #6
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Dominion Strategy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

##Vote Icy Tea

7. ISO #7
    Timezone
    UTC+03:00
    Community
    Bay 12 Games
    AKA
    IcyTea31
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    I didn't sleep a wink last night, my wired Internet connection is acting up so I have to use my phone's network, and the neighbours are playing loud music. At the very least my tea is acceptable. Let's do this.

@Armin94: how would you describe the mafia spirit, if yours is in line with it?

@Captan_Lunch: since you didn't post a bio, how about you tell me a little about your playstyle?

@cayvie: respond to this with the most obvtown statement you can make.

@El Quintron: do you consider half the players dying on D1 to be a good or a bad thing?

@Ephemera: do you believe cayvie('s Pidgey) is a threat to you(r Wurmple)?

@Exalt: what is your blind read on me?

@Jamezbeast: being that you like Danganronpa, how do you visualize forum Mafia debates in your head? I will admit that I use fencing terms in my own notes.

@Justplayingitcool: mind bussing your scumbuddy right away?

@Kary: ... ... ...? ...!

@Keith: how do you avoid your play being messy when you play in a laid-back way?

@Nano4: kill me with a joke, please.

@Rhand: whom of the players who have posted by the time you read this smells most like scum?

@Rysler: I dare thou knight to hunt all scum / in bardic meter this / it takes much more than rhymes to hum / for songs I don't dismiss //

@TheWabbit: I will certainly bow down...so I can tie your shoelaces together. How can you spell trouble without an R, O, U or L in your name?

8. ISO #8
    Timezone
    Community
    Dominion Strategy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    I didn't sleep a wink last night, my wired Internet connection is acting up so I have to use my phone's network, and the neighbours are playing loud music. At the very least my tea is acceptable. Let's do this.

@Captan_Lunch: since you didn't post a bio, how about you tell me a little about your playstyle?

@El Quintron: do you consider half the players dying on D1 to be a good or a bad thing?

@Jamezbeast: being that you like Danganronpa, how do you visualize forum Mafia debates in your head? I will admit that I use fencing terms in my own notes.

@Keith: how do you avoid your play being messy when you play in a laid-back way?

@Rhand: whom of the players who have posted by the time you read this smells most like scum?

@Rysler: I dare thou knight to hunt all scum / in bardic meter this / it takes much more than rhymes to hum / for songs I don't dismiss //

@TheWabbit: I will certainly bow down...so I can tie your shoelaces together. How can you spell trouble without an R, O, U or L in your name?
    but im already voting you, how can i get more obvtown than that

9. ISO #9
    Timezone
    Community
    Bay 12 Games
    AKA
    IcyTea31
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Icy Tea (#7)
    By making a post where you're hunting properly instead of giving me the initiative? Don't you know that voting players with no way for them to defend themselves is a very scummy thing to do?

10. ISO #10
    Timezone
    UTC+00:00
    Community
    Smashboards
    Things I wanted to say to get us started

Okay, crisis averted, i rolled town

Would you guys prefer if I was obvious town and died night 1 or lurked for three days and then solved the game on day 4?

In the interests of getting to know one another, have you all played forum mafia before, and what is a typical day phase length for each of you?

I'd also like to know whether you have any connections or history with other people in the game.
    For me an average day phase is 5-7 days so this will be quicker than I'm used to, and I don't know anyone in the playerlist but I did spectate a bit of the champs practice game that IcyTea and Jamezbeast were part of.

Looking forward to playing with all of you, please be active and thoughtful so we can win this game.

##Vote Captan_Lunch

11. ISO #11
    Timezone
    Community
    Smashboards
    @IcyTea you tagged me but didn't say anything so I'm gonna assume you already know my alignment

12. ISO #12
    Timezone
    Community
    Town of Salem
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + he/him/his/his/himself
    screams red to me

13. ISO #13
    Timezone
    Community
    Town of Salem
    Pronouns
    That's a puzzle for you to solve.

14. ISO #14
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    DSL Reports Pub Games

I hosted the game, so whether it was a good or bad thing was really up to the players, it was a closed setup so no one realized that "everyone was a baddie", once the shots were fired everyone got on message pretty quickly.

15. ISO #15
    Timezone
    Community
    Dominion Strategy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by cayvie (#8)
    By making a post where you're hunting properly instead of giving me the initiative? Don't you know that voting players with no way for them to defend themselves is a very scummy thing to do?
    do you genuinely think RVS is scummy / are you actually feeling a need to defend yourself right now?

that's a surprising tone for, presumably, your first non-canned post to take. i do like your questions though!

16. ISO #16
    Timezone
    Community
    Smashboards
    ok lets try and get the syntax correct lmao

##Vote Captan_Lunch

17. ISO #17
    Timezone
    Community
    Dominion Strategy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

Would you guys prefer if I was obvious town and died night 1 or lurked for three days and then solved the game on day 4?

In the interests of getting to know one another, have you all played forum mafia before, and what is a typical day phase length for each of you?

I'd also like to know whether you have any connections or history with other people in the game.
    For me an average day phase is 5-7 days so this will be quicker than I'm used to, and I don't know anyone in the playerlist but I did spectate a bit of the champs practice game that IcyTea and Jamezbeast were part of.

Looking forward to playing with all of you, please be active and thoughtful so we can win this game.

##Vote Captan_Lunch
    between those options i would prefer you to solve the game on day 4!

i'm also used to day lengths of 5-7 real life days, and i don't think i've played with anyone here before. i played a 36/12 practice game and it was a lot!

18. ISO #18
    Timezone
    Community
    Town of Salem
    Pronouns

##Vote Captan_Lunch
    Does option A include you merely projecting Town without the fun stuff?
    72/24 works for me as I've played with 48/24 to 120/48 at most.

Only familiar with Jamezbeast due to us playing together in ToS FM before.
    I don't think activity will be an issue; the post cap would be something that's more of a concern.

19. ISO #19
    Timezone
    Community
    PokéBeach
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    ashddhf I knew I was forgetting something, how could I forget my bio?

... but actually that bio is honestly much better than anything I could write :P

I’m currently on phone and am having trouble figuring out how to quote well, but in response to Tea’s question:

Pidgey’s not the main concern of Wurmple; Wingull are scarier, and Pidgey aren’t native to Hoenn.

yes im rolling with the wurmple stuff

20. ISO #20
    Timezone
    Community
    Bay 12 Games
    AKA
    IcyTea31
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Pretty sure you're now going to get nightkilled N1 whatever you say, so better make it count.

72/24 with weekend freeze (i.e. time doesn't pass on the weekend, regardless of which phase it is) is the standard on Bay 12.

As noted, I played in the practice game with Jamezbeast. Other than that, everyone here is a stranger to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kary (#11)
    @IcyTea you tagged me but didn't say anything so I'm gonna assume you already know my alignment
    Of course I know. You're the scummiest scum who ever scummed. The first letter of each sentence in your bio spells 'IMSCUM'.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWabbit (#13)
    That's a puzzle for you to solve.
    Well, your username is an anagram of "he, bib-$%#!", so I assume that you spell trouble as 'waaba' in baby-speak.

Quote Originally Posted by El Quintron (#14)
    I hosted the game, so whether it was a good or bad thing was really up to the players, it was a closed setup so no one realized that "everyone was a baddie", once the shots were fired everyone got on message pretty quickly.[/QUOTE]

You were the host, so making sure the closed setup didn't break itself was your responsibility. Did the players like the game, if you asked them afterwards?

Quote Originally Posted by cayvie (#15)
    Quote Originally Posted by Icy Tea (#9)
    do you genuinely think RVS is scummy / are you actually feeling a need to defend yourself right now?

that's a surprising tone for, presumably, your first non-canned post to take. i do like your questions though!
    I believe the RVS is fundamentally anti-town, and that getting out of it is necessary for proper scumhunting to begin. I would in fact rather be defending myself, as it would be an opportunity for you to gauge my alignment.

21. ISO #21
    Timezone
    Community
    Town of Salem
    Pronouns

It screams banter rather than repulsion. I can assume that from this conversation you two are familiar with each other?

22. ISO #22
    Timezone
    Community
    Bay 12 Games
    AKA
    IcyTea31
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Kary (#10)
    What makes Kary a better player to be the one to solve the game on D4 than anyone else?

23. ISO #23
    Timezone
    Community
    Dominion Strategy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWabbit (#18)

I don't think activity will be an issue; the post cap would be something that's more of a concern.
    how does Jamezbeast typically wolf?

24. ISO #24
    Timezone
    Community
    Smashboards
    I'm not sure what you mean. What "fun stuff" are we talking about?

25. ISO #25
    Timezone
    Community
    Smashboards
    Quote Originally Posted by Icy Tea (#20)
    Pretty sure you're now going to get nightkilled N1 whatever you say, so better make it count.

Of course I know. You're the scummiest scum who ever scummed. The first letter of each sentence in your bio spells 'IMSCUM'.
    I feel as though you ought to pick a lane and stick to it.

26. ISO #26
    Timezone
    Community
    Town of Salem
    Pronouns

I believe the RVS is fundamentally anti-town, and that getting out of it is necessary for proper scumhunting to begin. I would in fact rather be defending myself, as it would be an opportunity for you to gauge my alignment.
    I think otherwise. RVS is inherently NAI but can draw associations before we transition to a higher form of discourse. It can be AI with specific approaches and in hindsight.

How do you think will this conversation go down?

27. ISO #27
    Timezone
    Community
    Dominion Strategy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by cayvie (#17)
    What makes Kary a better player to be the one to solve the game on D4 than anyone else?
    no idea, just answering between the options given; i would rather have a solved game than a dead townie n1.

to answer your other question, i find RVS a little useful because i find that voting someone, even totally randomly, triggers my confbias a little. it may seem a little backwards, but i think that's how brains actually work: voting for you helps me see potential reasons you might be scum.

like, for example, the fact that you had a canned post to start the game. it's not a huge indicator, but wouldn't you say that starting the game with a pre-written post is a little safe?

28. ISO #28
    Timezone
    Community
    Town of Salem
    Pronouns
    I'm not sure what you mean. What "fun stuff" are we talking about?
    Any activity that's enjoyable. YMMV.

29. ISO #29
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    DSL Reports Pub Games

##Vote Captan_Lunch

i'm also used to day lengths of 5-7 real life days, and i don't think i've played with anyone here before. i played a 36/12 practice game and it was a lot!
    5-7 is probably fine, but as a mod anything longer than that I start getting worried that people are losing interest. Back in my absolute hands off days of modding I'd seen Day 1 go on for 2+ weeks, and I can't stand it.

30. ISO #30
    Timezone
    Community
    Town of Salem
    Pronouns

I've only got a faint memory of it as it's been a while (at least a year) since we both played together. I'll probably recall it sometime later in the game, no guarantee.

It's not like metareading will be your best card here, though. Especially if your information comes from secondary sources rather than experience.

31. ISO #31
    Timezone
    Community
    Dominion Strategy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWabbit (#30)
    Quote Originally Posted by cayvie (#23)

I've only got a faint memory of it as it's been a while (at least a year) since we both played together. I'll probably recall it sometime later in the game, no guarantee.

It's not like metareading will be your best card here, though. Especially if your information comes from secondary sources rather than experience.
    i was mostly wondering if your vote on him was a little genuine or just total RVS.

32. ISO #32
    Timezone
    Community
    Dominion Strategy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    ofc i realize now he hasn't posted yet and i was confusing him with Kary in my mind

33. ISO #33
    Timezone
    Community
    Town of Salem
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWabbit (#30)
    Quote Originally Posted by cayvie (#23)

i was mostly wondering if your vote on him was a little genuine or just total RVS.
    Definitely not RVS, but it's fairly easy to catch my drift with what I've said so far.

34. ISO #34
    Timezone
    Community
    Bay 12 Games
    AKA
    IcyTea31
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

What about my posts so far has implied I intend to be at all consistent on this first real-life day? Hell, I'm not even using the same strategy for different players!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWabbit (#26)

I think otherwise. RVS is inherently NAI but can draw associations before we transition to a higher form of discourse. It can be AI with specific approaches and in hindsight.

That it's NAI is the problem exactly. The situation is anti-town, as it's much more difficult for town to make useful connections before the RVS is over. It's in scum's interest to prevent the conversation from advancing further. Ideally, town would still have no idea and be throwing random votes on D3.

Is that a threat?

Quote Originally Posted by cayvie (#27)
    Quote Originally Posted by Icy Tea (#22)
    no idea, just answering between the options given; i would rather have a solved game than a dead townie n1.
    Unless one of the JOATs hits a doctor action, there will be a dead townie N1, and often one that seems like a threat to scum. What reason is there to prefer one player over another at this point of the game, as most of us don't know each other?

to answer your other question, i find RVS a little useful because i find that voting someone, even totally randomly, triggers my confbias a little. it may seem a little backwards, but i think that's how brains actually work: voting for you helps me see potential reasons you might be scum.

like, for example, the fact that you had a canned post to start the game. it's not a huge indicator, but wouldn't you say that starting the game with a pre-written post is a little safe?
    I don't see how actually doing some homework and coming to the came prepared is alignment-indicative.

35. ISO #35
    Timezone
    Community
    Town of Salem
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by El Quintron (#29)

##Vote Captan_Lunch

5-7 is probably fine, but as a mod anything longer than that I start getting worried that people are losing interest. Back in my absolute hands off days of modding I'd seen Day 1 go on for 2+ weeks, and I can't stand it.
    Anything longer than 72/24 generally means people are bound to lose interest*. Pop in investigatives and Town will struggle with playing around without relying too much on said investigative.

*depends on site meta

36. ISO #36
    Timezone
    Community
    Town of Salem
    Pronouns

That it's NAI is the problem exactly. The situation is anti-town, as it's much more difficult for town to make useful connections before the RVS is over. It's in scum's interest to prevent the conversation from advancing further. Ideally, town would still have no idea and be throwing random votes on D3.

Is that a threat?
    I don't believe RVS is anti-town. It's meant to be memey/explorative. If Town is incapable of transitioning to serious discussion after a brief period of RVS then they deserve being deepwolved.

Is it? I was asking for your foresight about your interactions with cayvie.

37. ISO #37
    Timezone
    Community
    Dominion Strategy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by cayvie (#27)
    Quote Originally Posted by Icy Tea (#22)
    Unless one of the JOATs hits a doctor action, there will be a dead townie N1, and often one that seems like a threat to scum. What reason is there to prefer one player over another at this point of the game, as most of us don't know each other?

I don't see how actually doing some homework and coming to the came prepared is alignment-indicative.
    in the scenario presented by Kary, it's not just a dead townie n1, but a dead obvious townie. there's a distinction!

lol you sound like hermione granger in your last statement there. is that fair? are you someone who really values doing your homework ahead of time and being extremely prepared for any situation?

38. ISO #38
    Timezone
    Community
    Town of Salem
    Pronouns

39. ISO #39
    Timezone
    Community
    Bay 12 Games
    AKA
    IcyTea31
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWabbit (#36)
    Quote Originally Posted by Icy Tea (#34)

Is that a threat?
    I don't believe RVS is anti-town. It's meant to be memey/explorative. If Town is incapable of transitioning to serious discussion after a brief period of RVS then they deserve being deepwolved.

Is it? I was asking for your foresight about your interactions with cayvie.
    What would you consider to be the correct length for the RVS in a 72/24 game?

I foresee that I will obtain useful data about cayvie's playstyle through talking with her (even if the talk itself is somewhat irrelevant to the current game), and if I'm lucky, a hint to her alignment.

40. ISO #40
    Timezone
    Community
    Dominion Strategy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWabbit (#38)
    being prepared is overrated
    personally i prefer doing my homework in-class, as it were. lets me show my work as i go.

41. ISO #41
    Timezone
    Community
    Bay 12 Games
    AKA
    IcyTea31
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    lol you sound like hermione granger in your last statement there. is that fair? are you someone who really values doing your homework ahead of time and being extremely prepared for any situation?
    Can't you see the utility in wanting to win this game and making a show of it, as either alignment?

42. ISO #42
    Timezone
    Community
    Bay 12 Games
    AKA
    IcyTea31
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Also, as an aside, I don't think comparing someone to Hermione Granger is a very effective insult, considering the nature of the game.

43. ISO #43
    Timezone
    Community
    Town of Salem
    Pronouns
    What would you consider to be the correct length for the RVS in a 72/24 game?
    I'd say that RVS shouldn't be longer than 8 hours for this timing. It provides an ample window for people to check in and have light conversation, without taking too much time. RVS ending earlier is always better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Icy Tea (#39)
    I foresee that I will obtain useful data about cayvie's playstyle through talking with her (even if the talk itself is somewhat irrelevant to the current game), and if I'm lucky, a hint to her alignment.
    Perfectly reasonable. I don't think the conversation will escalate, but it's cayvie's turn to call the shot.

What do you think of El Quintron right now? I find them rather evasive of small talk, sans technicalities.

44. ISO #44
    Timezone
    Community
    Smashboards
    Quote Originally Posted by Icy Tea (#34)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kary (#25)

What about my posts so far has implied I intend to be at all consistent on this first real-life day? Hell, I'm not even using the same strategy for different players!
    I would prefer zero real-life days of posting nonsense but I guess I'll allow one.

45. ISO #45
    Timezone
    Community
    Dominion Strategy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by cayvie (#37)
    Can't you see the utility in wanting to win this game and making a show of it, as either alignment?
    what do you mean by "making a show of it"? are you playing particularly theatrically?

if that's what you mean, it certainly sounds valuable, yes; making the game entertaining will keep players engaged, which is good for morale and wolf hunting.

otoh, there's also the potential for using humor and entertaining posts as a method of self-preservation; if someone is deciding between voting a boring player and an entertaining player, they'll probably vote for the boring player (assuming all else equal).

46. ISO #46
    Timezone
    Community
    Dominion Strategy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Also, as an aside, I don't think comparing someone to Hermione Granger is a very effective insult, considering the nature of the game.
    it wasn't intended as an insult! i like her a lot

47. ISO #47
    Timezone
    Community
    Bay 12 Games
    AKA
    IcyTea31
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWabbit (#43)
    What do you think of El Quintron right now? I find them rather evasive of small talk, sans technicalities.
    Two posts is hardly enough to make a judgment, but so far they have been answers to questions without asking any of his own. If his content stays at this level, it will be suspicious, but it's too early to say anything yet.

48. ISO #48
    Timezone
    Community
    Town of Salem
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by Icy Tea (#41)
    Quote Originally Posted by cayvie (#37)
    what do you mean by "making a show of it"? are you playing particularly theatrically?

if that's what you mean, it certainly sounds valuable, yes; making the game entertaining will keep players engaged, which is good for morale and wolf hunting.

otoh, there's also the potential for using humor and entertaining posts as a method of self-preservation; if someone is deciding between voting a boring player and an entertaining player, they'll probably vote for the boring player (assuming all else equal).
    One would generally assume to wear their best skin and being as vocal and flashy as possible to probably win some votes postgame. That's bull$%#! excuse to tryhard and sound unnatural, though.

I don't think you should choose wagons based on how "entertaining" someone is. Biases, maybe, but never wagons.

49. ISO #49
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Community
    Neoseeker
    I didn't sleep a wink last night, my wired Internet connection is acting up so I have to use my phone's network, and the

Sure thing.

Icy Tea is scum. That's a fact

50. ISO #50
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Community
    Neoseeker
    And don't worry town, I am here to lead you to victory