he/him/his/his/himself

3. ISO #1953
    Timezone
    UTC+03:00
    AKA
    lendun
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicks (#1948)
    Thanks for playing everybody!

Really appreciate everybody for playing and helping me test my new setup. Thanks to everybody who played and thanks to everybody who gave me feedback in the spectator chat.

If you have feedback about the setup or the role in general, I'd appreciate it if you left a comment in this thread: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...ng-The-Inkpack I think I have decided, after some discussion, to name this new role the "inkbomb" and this particular setup "SPLAT".

This was my first game hosted with modbot and my first game hosted in many years. So I appreciate everyone for putting up with some of my errors and I apologize for making so many. (A lot of modbot mistakes considering that once, many years ago, I helped write the damned thing -- special thanks to Makaze for being patient with helping me this game.)

Special note, because of OGI information at one point in the game, the MU staff felt that the game had a potential to unravel and a small compensation was granted to the Mafia -- they learned that one of the slots in the game was Vanilla Town, to make it slightly easier to hunt for scum. It was felt that this was more delicate than modkilling a slot and reducing the number of mislynches by one.

I also apologize for any inconsistencies in activity prods or substitutes. I ran across a few thorny issues with this game -- double thanks to all the MU mods who answered some of my questions. I have some more questions and will probably make a thread for some open MU discussion about best mod practices. I really want to host more games in the future of a high quality (and you're all invited).

Thanks again everyone, good game.
    wow you got a new keyboard

4. ISO #1954
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Town Of Salem
    AKA
    fwogcarf22

What the $#@! were you doing.

5. ISO #1955
    Timezone
    Community
    Town Of Salem
    AKA
    fwogcarf22

This has been the worst game I've ever seen performance wise. Only beck somewhat of a decent job to actually play the game. Everyone else played like $#@!. I cannot believe that town somehow managed to lose the $#@!ing game to a noob wolf and to a wolf who I had already called out.

Improve your play for $#@!s sake

6. ISO #1956
    Timezone
    UTC+10:00
    Community
    Town of Salem
    AKA
    poly
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by fwogcarf (#1955)
    Can we ban quick for his god awful play.

This has been the worst game I've ever seen performance wise. Only beck somewhat of a decent job to actually play the game. Everyone else played like $#@!. I cannot believe that town somehow managed to lose the $#@!ing game to a noob wolf and to a wolf who I had already called out.

calm down everyone was bad who cares

7. ISO #1957

Are you really up at midnight ranting about a forum game? lol

Anyway

@Beck what should we have done differently? Hindsight says Fwog died because he sussed Boo, not Quick. Early Voting indicated some suspects, but not others. How does one find scum amongst a pool of low activity players anyway(always been my problem)?

8. ISO #1958
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    NovoCiv
    Quote Originally Posted by FaitAccompli (#1957)

Are you really up at midnight ranting about a forum game? lol

Anyway

@Beck what should we have done differently? Hindsight says Fwog died because he sussed Boo, not Quick. Early Voting indicated some suspects, but not others. How does one find scum amongst a pool of low activity players anyway(always been my problem)?
    tl;dr I don’t have an answer for you. I misread at least one of the wolves on D1 as well, Adrest, because KM invested time pushing them. That’s difficult to see past on D1.

But a few thoughts. First, Quick’s play was... suboptimal. It wasted 12 hours of the game and didn’t yield any meaningful results, at least not any that were later applied correctly. That will never make sense to me and the cost never outweighs the benefit. Maybe in an alternate reality a wolf totally TMIs, but I’d argue not even that is worth it given the stress placed on the rest of the players. Beyond that, wiggles just doesn’t deserve what happened to him.

Regarding low-posters, I have no answers. That’s an unfortunate side-effect of any game of werewolf. My best advice would actually be to Phoenicks, in the future to replace non-complicit players earlier. Hitting the minimum post count is a low barrier to clear, but the effort and desire clearly wasn’t there in two players.

On the other side, subs ruin game integrity and wouldn’t be fair to the wolves. What if someone like you subbed in on D3? Fresh eyes and no information overload can do wonders for a village. The best answer really happens before the game, to cultivate a strong, reliable player list for small games. Hopefully if Phoenicks runs these again we’ll get that.

My last piece of advice is to the village, why did you not use the full 48 hours last phase and the phase before that? I totally understand being frustrated and tired, you’ve all been playing for a full two weeks. But by letting the clock run out it gives players like FG more time to post, making it easier to read them correctly. And more than that, it forces the wolves to solve in front of your face. Boo and Adrest posted 3 times each a few phases ago when you killed FG early. That should’ve raised red flags immediately. They didn’t have to do any thinking. And the same can be applied to SirDerps vote on Logic. All in all those were the laziest moments by the village and likely contributed to our loss more than slankers (and dare I say more than Quick’s... whatever you wanna call his play).

These thoughts are all just off the top of my head. Feel free to disagree or ask for more.

9. ISO #1959
    Timezone
    Community
    Town Of Salem
    AKA
    fwogcarf22

10. ISO #1960
    Straight White Male wiggles1993's Avatar
    Community
    DailyMafia
    AKA
    The Potato King
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokoro Mitsume (#273)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrest (#268)
    Yes, so far i have a townread on you and Beck
    Can you explain it in more detail?

Also can you not talk about PR claims as otherwise that just creates spew for wolves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokoro Mitsume (#274)
    As for Quick, his behavior conffused me a bit, he seems more like a confused towny, but then again he could be using that to disguise himself?
    ...what...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokoro Mitsume (#275)
    @Adrest

GTH, is Quick a villager or a wolf?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokoro Mitsume (#281)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokoro Mitsume (#275)
    @Adrest

GTH, is Quick a villager or a wolf?
    @Adrest

Ahem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokoro Mitsume (#283)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrest (#280)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokoro Mitsume (#273)
    Yes, so far i have a townread on you and Beck
    Can you explain it in more detail?

Also can you not talk about PR claims as otherwise that just creates spew for wolves.
    i can try
    also whats PR?
    ...a Power Role.

As in the Cop and the Backup Cop.

Avoid talking about them in the thread as this can cause people to spew info regarding who they are which the wolves can use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokoro Mitsume (#287)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrest (#285)
    as for Quick, i only did a pressure vote but after what he said, he doesnt seem a wolf
    Can you walk me through your progression on Quick?
    The attention here and @'s were very partnery. Something to note

11. ISO #1961
    Why not just feed him lines in Discord then? Why play it out itt?