Thread: MU Live Streams & Podcasts

1. ISO #1
    Ruler of the Universe Thingyman's Avatar Administrator
    Community
    PokerNet / 2+2
    MU Live Streams & Podcasts

MU Live Streams & Podcasts

Going forward, I will regularly stream various things for the Mafia Universe crowd (and other Mafia communities).

Whenever I have a new stream planned for MU, I will post about it here. If you have some fun ideas, definitely let me know!

All streams will happen live here: https://www.twitch.tv/mrthingyman

The Mafia Championship Podcast

The Mafia Championship Podcast discusses the annual Mafia Championship hosted right here on Mafia Universe.

Hosted by me and streamed live on Twitch every Sunday from 4 PM EST to 5.30 PM EST, 3-4 guests are usually invited to talk about not only the Mafia Championship, but also general topics relating to the party game Mafia/Werewolf. As games start to finish, we will also do game post-mortems/analysis.

Find the podcast here:

Note: There will be no podcast on May 31.

Mafia Universe Plays Jackbox Party Pack

Jackbox Party Pack is a series of party video games. The games are designed to be played in large groups, including in conjunction with streaming services like Twitch which provide a means for audiences to participate.

Popular games include Mad Verse City where players must rap battle each other, or the mafia-like game Push the Button where the humans must sniff out the aliens before it's too late.

I will semi-regularly host some of these games for MU.

2. ISO #2
    Community
    PokerNet / 2+2
    Mafia Championship Podcast - Episode 1 (Guests: @DWetzel, @GeneralHankerchief, @Beck and @Dels)

Thank you to everyone who tuned in! We had more than a hundred people watching, which is very exciting. I hope to see all of you again this Sunday at 4 PM EST.

Find the episode here:

Episode Summary
    I talked with four former champions - DWetzel, GeneralHankerchief, Beck and Dels - about the Season 7 setup, the game line-ups, winner predictions, the jury system, spectator chat and advice for new players to the series.

3. ISO #3
    Community
    PokerNet / 2+2
    Mafia Universe Plays Jackbox Party Pack - Featuring the MU Staff

Today at 3 PM EST I will stream the very first edition of MU Plays Jackbox!

This first episode will mainly feature MU staffers:
    @Arapocalypse
    @Ampharos
    @Lissa
    @dyachei
    @LordQuas
    @Apoc
    + yours truly

There is room for 8 people. If a staffer doesn't grab the last spot, we will open it up to everyone live on the stream - the fastest person gets the spot

Remember that the audience plays a part in many of these games! So you definitely still want to be checking it out. And future episodes will feature non-staff, but for this first one we thought it was fun for you all to see us staffers goof around :P
    Last edited by Thingyman; May 15th, 2020 at 08:07 AM.

4. ISO #4
    Community
    PokerNet / 2+2
    Quote Originally Posted by Thingyman (#3)
    Mafia Universe Plays Jackbox Party Pack - Featuring the MU Staff

Today at 3 PM EST I will stream the very first edition of MU Plays Jackbox!

This first episode will mainly feature MU staffers:
    @Arapocalypse
    @Ampharos
    @Lissa
    @dyachei
    @LordQuas
    @Apoc
    + yours truly

There is room for 8 people. If a staffer doesn't grab the last spot, we will open it up to everyone live on the stream - the fastest person gets the spot

Remember that the audience plays a part in many of these games! So you definitely still want to be checking it out. And future episodes will feature non-staff, but for this first one we thought it was fun for you all to see us staffers goof around :P
    We are live:

https://www.twitch.tv/mrthingyman

5. ISO #5
    Community
    PokerNet / 2+2
    Get ready for the second episode of the Mafia Championship Podcast

Our second episode airs today at 4 PM EST! That's 21.00 UK time.

We will again discuss the Mafia Championship, but there will be a special sub-theme: Forum vs IRL vs Video vs Browser. In addition, we'll be talking about culture clashes and mafia competitions in general.

Guests will be reigning champion Beck representing forum mafia, ryanyb from Town of Salem representing browser mafia, shakespeare from Liars Club representing IRL mafia, and finally DaveDob representing video mafia!

GET HYPED!

Streamed live on Twitch today at 4 PM EST: https://www.twitch.tv/mrthingyman

6. ISO #6
    Community
    PokerNet / 2+2
  7. ISO #7
    Community
    PokerNet / 2+2
    Mafia Championship Podcast - Episode 2 (Guests: @Beck, @DaveDob, @ryanyb and @shakespeare)

Thank you once again for the great turnout, we had a lot of fun and hope you did as well!

Next weekend will have two podcasts! One on both Saturday and Sunday starting at 4 PM EST. The one on Saturday will be a post-mortem on Qualifier 1, featuring @Achromatic, @hollowkatt, @Frinckles and @Mr.Tweetums!

Find episode 2 here:

Episode Summary
    I talked with reigning champion Beck, DaveDob, ryanyb and shakespeare about forum mafia vs. video mafia vs. browser mafia vs. IRL mafia. Finally, we talked about mafia competitions in general, including the Mafia Championship - can it be improved, does it work well, what is the true purpose and potential behind the Championship? And of course, the guests give us some winner predictions!
    Last edited by Thingyman; May 19th, 2020 at 11:10 AM.

8. ISO #8
    Community
    PokerNet / 2+2
    Mafia Championship Podcast going live both today and tomorrow at 4 PM EST!

Later today at 4 PM EST we will be doing a post-mortem of Game 1, featuring @Achromatic, @Frinckles, @hollowkatt and @Mr.Tweetums! Be there or be square

And tomorrow - also at 4 PM EST - we will be looking at Game 2 - with @Exalt, @Justplayingitcool, @Rhand and @TheWabbit! AND as a bonus, @Lissa will also reveal the Game 2 votes live on the podcast!

Both are can't miss podcasts. Hope to see you!

If you have any questions for any of the guests - or any questions relating to Games 1 or 2, quote this and let me know, and I will probably ask it on the podcast.

All happening right here: https://www.twitch.tv/mrthingyman

9. ISO #9
    Community
    PokerNet / 2+2

Going live in 2 minutes!

10. ISO #10
    Community
    PokerNet / 2+2
    Mafia Championship Podcast - Episode 3 - Game 1 Discussion (Guests: @Achromatic, @hollowkatt, @Mr.Tweetums and @Frinckles)

It was another great podcast with once again more than 100 people tuning in, so thanks for that.

Make sure to also be there later today at 4 PM EST when we do the Game 2 podcast (along with a live reveal of the Game 2 results!).

And a reminder that there won't be any podcasts next weekend, but we'll be making a strong return the weekend after that!

Find episode 3 here:

Episode Summary
    I talked with hollowkatt and Achromatic - the two advancees - as well as Mr.Tweetums and cowboy Frinckles from Game 1. We touched on a variety of subjects, including the post-game voting, the significance of bios, key moments in the game, how to approach Day 1, and of course Frinckles' cowboy antics/roleplaying in general.

11. ISO #11
    Community
    PokerNet / 2+2

GOING LIVE WITH GAME 2 VOTE RESULTS + GUESTS FOR DISCUSSION NOW!

12. ISO #12
    Community
    PokerNet / 2+2
    Mafia Championship Podcast - Episode 4 - Game 2 Discussion (Guests: @Rhand, @TheWabbit, @Justplayingitcool and @Exalt + special guest appearance by @Lissa)

Thanks for tuning in, everyone!

We will be back June 7. Maybe we'll even do one June 6 as well, but not confirmed yet!

Find episode 4 here:

Episode Summary
    I talked with Rhand and TheWabbit - the two advancees - as well as Justplayingitcool and Exalt from Game 2. For the first time ever the post-game results were revealed live on the stream! After that we dug into the game, talking about key moments in the game, where the line goes with regards to aggression, pressure pushes versus analytical pushes, and we got some keen insight from Rhand on what strategies the mafia prepared to ensure the sweep as well as what their backup plans were.