Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie's Paradise #2

1. ISO #251
    Thread Analyst
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Community
    Hungary
    Quote Originally Posted by Unity Bringer (#245)
    @Caccio72 A penny for your thoughts on my newest reads list then?
    Sure, will find and study it right now.

2. ISO #252
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Newbie's Paradise #2 Day 2 Votecount

Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    3 niphredil scrawldragon (5), Ydrasse (4), Caccio72 (21)
    4 Not voting Kokoro Mitsume (4), niphredil (2), Unity Bringer (7), gamer (11)

View Vote History

End day at majority is enabled. With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to reach majority.

Day 2 ends at 8:00 AM EDT on Saturday, May 23rd, 2020. There are 1590235260000 remaining.

Posted at 0 days, 3 hours, 6 minutes, 59 seconds remaining.

3. ISO #253
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Neoseeker: Interactive Role-playing Community
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Caccio72 (#249)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unity Bringer (#247)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer (#246)
    Huh, good timing, I was just about to post asking if everybody forgot this game existed or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Unity Bringer (#242)
    gamer - Plays a very nice game overall. I feel like he's very experienced at this, and while I feel like he could be a strong town player, I also am getting a scum reading off of him.

Like I said in my first post, I've played 10ish games. I don't think I'm too experienced, really.

Out of curiosity, why am I the only one of your three scumreads with such a short read?
    Out of my three scum reads, I'd say you're probably the one that I'd be most likely swayed on. My scum read on you is mostly based off your interactions if anything, and probably the overall weakest of my three scum leans.

Also, it is just a tiny bit funny to me that you've only played ten games then. I can just say I like your posts then, as my brain still reads it as more of experience. At the very least, it feels like the playstyle of some of the more experienced players of the forum I'm on.

Other than my read on you, what do you think of the other reads?
    Strange, I have exectly the opposite oppinion of Gamer, his posts made me believe too how he is an experienced player, but they sound to me as if he is really actively trying to find some clues, evidences for more accurate and convincing reads.
    That's why he's in the territory of leaning towards being more townish than the other two. I can see what you mean, but he'd be the one to flip to either side right now of my reads list at the moment rather than the others I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by gamer (#250)
    Huh, good timing, I was just about to post asking if everybody forgot this game existed or something.

gamer - Plays a very nice game overall. I feel like he's very experienced at this, and while I feel like he could be a strong town player, I also am getting a scum reading off of him.

Like I said in my first post, I've played 10ish games. I don't think I'm too experienced, really.

Out of curiosity, why am I the only one of your three scumreads with such a short read?
    Out of my three scum reads, I'd say you're probably the one that I'd be most likely swayed on. My scum read on you is mostly based off your interactions if anything, and probably the overall weakest of my three scum leans.

Also, it is just a tiny bit funny to me that you've only played ten games then. I can just say I like your posts then, as my brain still reads it as more of experience. At the very least, it feels like the playstyle of some of the more experienced players of the forum I'm on.

Interactions with who? There's no flipped scum, and the most likely person to flip scum imo is someone you said you don't think I'd be W/W with.

My playstyle is a bit influenced by some players on my home forum who are more experienced than I, but I appreciate the compliment!

Quote Originally Posted by gamer (#234)
    gamer
    Caccio72

Kokoro Mitsume
    Unity Bringer

Ydrasse
    scrawldragon
    niphredil
    I think the only two people we heavily disagree on are Kokoro and Ydrasse. (and I guess scrawl?) I think Kokoro has steadily gone down a bit since D1, but with what I've got I find them much more likely to be town than not - although I don't think your points on them are completely invalid. I think in a world where niph flips town that Kokoro is someone I'd really need to reevaluate, but I'm not convinced we live in that world yet.

I'd need to be convinced on the Ydrasse read though. As I said earlier, I think their posts today have been pretty weird, but I'd like to hear their own thoughts on what I said.
    Interactions with Kokoro more than anything. Maybe I'm just scumreading them too hard, but their actions alongside my gut feeling has made me wary of them - and subsequently you. While we don't live in the world of Niph being wolf or not, I thought I might as well discuss the possibility.

The other reason for my suspicions of you is actually on the Ydrasse posts. I find both of them to be actually compelling - in a way that I mean that to me, it makes sense that Ydrasse posted the way they did. I'll await on further posts from her though. Hopefully if she expands on things further, it will make the picture clearer. But I do see her as somewhat town for now despite the doubt thrown onto her. Hopefully she gets on before deadline.

4. ISO #254
    Timezone
    Community
    Pronouns
    @Caccio72 Not sure if is too late to help, and probably should have done this earlier to help you, but the post was #242 .

5. ISO #255
    Timezone
    Community
    Pronouns
    Trying to think if it's going to be worth it to set up an alarm in now two hours and a half. @gamer @Caccio72 ill you be on at that time? And anyone else doing a lurk?

6. ISO #256
    Timezone
    Community
    Pronouns

I've decided to set my alarm and hope I don't sleep through it. See y'all a half hour before EoD.

7. ISO #257
    Timezone
    Quote Originally Posted by Unity Bringer (#253)
    Interactions with Kokoro more than anything. Maybe I'm just scumreading them too hard, but their actions alongside my gut feeling has made me wary of them - and subsequently you. While we don't live in the world of Niph being wolf or not, I thought I might as well discuss the possibility.

The other reason for my suspicions of you is actually on the Ydrasse posts. I find both of them to be actually compelling - in a way that I mean that to me, it makes sense that Ydrasse posted the way they did. I'll await on further posts from her though. Hopefully if she expands on things further, it will make the picture clearer. But I do see her as somewhat town for now despite the doubt thrown onto her. Hopefully she gets on before deadline.
    While I don't agree with the preflipping (even if I'm a bit guilty of it myself earlier) I can at least follow your thought process there.

How Ydrasse responds to those posts will influence my read on her, but I'm pretty annoyed that she hasn't shown up at all. I don't think she's a lockwolf by any means, her posts absolutely can come from both alignments, but they didn't sit right with me so I wanted to hear more from her.

Quote Originally Posted by Unity Bringer (#255)
    Trying to think if it's going to be worth it to set up an alarm in now two hours and a half. @gamer @Caccio72 ill you be on at that time? And anyone else doing a lurk?
    Yeah, I'll be awake at EoD. My sleep schedule is pretty weird at the moment so 8AM isn't hard to pull off. Good night!

8. ISO #258
    Thread Analyst
    Timezone
    Community
    Hungary
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhead (#143)

If I'm calculating correctly, we have 2 mislynches in hand before we get to MYLO. Or in other words, we can afford one swing and a miss from the vig without affecting anything in terms of the amount of lynches we have available to us.

So on that basis, I'd suggest that the vig, whoever that may be, feel free to take a shot tonight if that's what they want to do, even if we lynch town. Then obviously if he misses and we mislynch again on D2 he should holster for the rest of the game unless there's a real nailed on scum. And clearly if we do catch scum in the day then re-evaluate.
    We only have four hours left, and therefore I think I should quote this again. This is important.

Quote Originally Posted by Ydrasse (#240)
    not defensive so much as indignant, honestly, that a person would say they agreed almost entirely with my reads and were willing to follow behind me and then come around the next day and say "nah, you guys, they're just trying to blend in with everyone else!" without explaining how or what led them to believing that. it seems incredibly tone deaf to the fact that they willingly chose to sheep onto the wagon.
    I get what you mean enough from this, well enough. Caccio was lacking a bit of explanation in that, admittedly.

Caccio72 - Feels like he could be a townie over most right now. He's new to the game as a whole, which is why I give him a pass on several things.

[COLOR="#8B4513"]Kokoro Mitsume[/COLOR] - Despite Caccio's newness, I'm going to actually agree with his read on Kokoro almost entirely. From how Kokoro is mostly passive, I feel like that they aren't actively pushing things here - and they're the most non newbie of this thread, at least in terms of MU. They push on Niph when things have already soured incredibly for them, and then they didn't really appear on thread since that early push in the Day Phase. Just really... nothing from them.

niphredil - The one person I feel actually red about. The only reason I'm not voting them (this post) is because I really, really want to give people a chance to step in again once or twice. We have an average of six posts per player, and that's only really because of Caccio's high vote count of seventeen. I'm also in this part too, but I'm not sure if I can stay up to 7am again for the discussion before EoD.

Scrawldragon - At least with the others I got their Day One posts to squint at also. I got four posts from Scrawl, and... eh. It's just pretty null at the moment.

Unity Bringer - It's a me. I'm town.

Ydrasse- I feel like, per the moment, Ydrasse is town. Gamer trying to say that Ydrasse was trying to justify a mislynch is... ehh? Not what I see personally. If anything.

---------------

Notes for W/W. I feel if Niph turns out to be a wolf, she could be w/w with Ydrasse, but not so much with Gamer. Not sure who else she could be potentially be a wolf with. Maybe Scrawl, as I could see a newly revived partner bus their teammate, and we can't really tell, but that's more of a complete and utter guess than anything. Could possibly be w/w with Kokoro - I thought so based off early interactions, but I need to reexamine that again.

Gamer however I can feel like could be W/W with Kokoro. Or Scrawl. The latter is something I'm more hesitant on, but I feel like Scrawl could have been a missing wolf evaluating his new partner's posts also.

Kokoro as mentioned could be W/W with Gamer, but perhaps also with Scrawl. For some reason I am putting those three into a pool together at the moment.
    I mostly agree with this read, but again, as a player who still counts for new, I may very likely be wrong, and judging false.

1st of all, I would like to know, why you refuse to vote on someone who you believe to be a wolf, and has the highest number of votes atm?

Is it really only for you feel sorry to lynch him, throw him out of the game merely for him playing for such short time?

Oh, the goodness of your heart, this is the very 1st time I hear such a reasoning, and to be honest, it doesn't sound too townie to me, we should focus on our success, aka to find and execute the wolves, it is our mutual, common goal, and by achieving it we cannot be this considerate to other's feelings, aka how much a new player will be disappointed by voted out this early, nonsense, if we consider him/her for a wolf, we vote for him, and out he/she goes, it's this simple.

Or, Could it be you are too cautious to join the wagon, and become suspicious with that if that wagon turns to be the wrong one?

I agree with you about Cocoro totally, but not about Gamer, his iintentions and efforts seem sincerely townie to me.

Ydras is also someone I don't consider for a likely wolf due the same reason, but he still could be a wolf of a bit more cautious approach than the one shown by Gamer, who is, again, in my book, the most efficient of us all for now.

As for Scraul, he just joined today, and is too new, posted too few for me to form an oppinion of, his passivity may have many different, both game rl related reasons, so it is not a clue for me.

My read of, and reasons to vote on Niph I have already told.

So for me a Niph-Cocoro wolf team sounds quite possible, while Scraul, Ydras, and Unity are only nulls for me, who eventually, if I am wrong, may replace one of the mentioned members of the wolf team.

Of those nulls it is actually you Unity, who sounds a bit more "reddish" to me, especially due what I told of you above in this post.

Which means if I turn out to be wrong with my today's vote, those "nulls" will be who I will watch more closely, starting with you Unity.

Oh and Unity, I like your simple read about yourself, but you could still have provided some reasons in your own favor, meaning trying to prove your town alignment, to back it up for us somehow.

9. ISO #259
    So I'm back.

I had some issues regarding complications due to hypothyroidism, but yeah. I'll re-read the thread rn.

10. ISO #260
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafia Host (#172)
    Newbie's Paradise #2 Day 1 Votecount

4 [NSM] Mikey Ydrasse (4), Caccio72 (19), Ciderhead (34), niphredil (9)
    3 niphredil polypies (18), Unity Bringer (15), gamer (24)
    1 gamer Kokoro Mitsume (18)
    2 Not voting King of New York (1), [NSM] Mikey (13)

View Vote History

Day 1 ends at 8:00 AM EDT on Wednesday, May 20th, 2020. There are 1589976060000 remaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafia Host (#178)
    Newbie's Paradise #2 Day 1 Votecount

5 [NSM] Mikey Ydrasse (4), Caccio72 (19), Ciderhead (36), niphredil (9), Unity Bringer (17)
    2 niphredil polypies (18), gamer (25)
    1 gamer Kokoro Mitsume (18)
    2 Not voting King of New York (1), [NSM] Mikey (13)

View Vote History

Day 1 ends at 8:00 AM EDT on Wednesday, May 20th, 2020. There are 1589976060000 remaining.
    @gamer

VCA-wise I don't think UB is W/W with Niph. That was a possibility that I checked before seeing the wagons moving, but the results make UB look more unaligned with her.

She looks relatively uninformed here being that if she/Niphy were W/W then there would be no need for her to go to Mikey's wagon as that'd just make her look worse as the wagons were still going to result in a Mikey lynch regardless if she moved or not.

Plus, her paranoia here looks very villagery.

11. ISO #261
    Regarding Caccio, I'm extremely sure he doesn't flip W here.

Aside from him being a state of being thread-spewed, I don't think a wolf with his experience in this position would keep up with the steam to trudge on like this. Plus, him being W/W with Niph is unlikely as hell as there's no way a wolf would be so annoyed with their partners getting TR'd like Niph comment D1.

12. ISO #262
    Quote Originally Posted by scrawldragon (#215)
    Quote Originally Posted by niphredil (#214)
    Quote Originally Posted by scrawldragon (#203)
    niphredil – Scum lean. I wasn’t a fan of their early posts, which was just fluff and agreeing with other people’s reads without really giving any of their own. I was also not that impressed by their reads list when I first saw it and in retrospect, it looks worse with one townie in the nulls and my top TR in there as well
    And? What exactly is suspicious in having some townie as null? I had 4 nulls and there's 2 wolves in this game, of course some of my nulls were town. I assume this "one townie" means Mikey, and I think no one was townreading him, so it's interesting you've decided to suspect only me for that...
    That's true, nobody was townreading Mikey. I'll give you that. But I was also suspicious of your disappearances on Day 1. That played a factor into my ISO and read as a whole. I also had to consider you being the last vote in that Mikey group. Everybody else seemed to have solid reasoning while you just seemed to go with the flow and also self-preservation. The latter I'm not that concerned about, but the former rubs me the wrong way.
    Frankly I'm weighting between Scrawl/Ydra as the second wolf and tbh I think it's just Scrawl.

He's focusing way too much on Niph despite that she's already dead rather than trying to find out her partner in the case she flips W.

13. ISO #263
    Thread Analyst
    Timezone
    Community
    Hungary
    guys, I still haven't received any explanation for the game related "poe" abreviation, nor of this "vca" one I just read in the previous post.

(or I missed the reply somehow, please mention or ping my nick in your posts directed to me to avoid this to happen)

14. ISO #264
    Quote Originally Posted by Caccio72 (#217)
    Guys, something just crossed my mind:

Are you absolutely sure roles are decided totally randomly in all games here on mafiaunivers, or can they be asigned manually as well?

For if so, then wouldn't it be likely that 2 of the more experienced players would get those roles?

Hear this Cocoro Mitsu?
    Game hosts on MU are not allowed to influence or manipulate rolls, IIRC.

15. ISO #265
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer (#250)

Interactions with who? There's no flipped scum, and the most likely person to flip scum imo is someone you said you don't think I'd be W/W with.

My playstyle is a bit influenced by some players on my home forum who are more experienced than I, but I appreciate the compliment!

Quote Originally Posted by gamer (#234)
    gamer
    Caccio72

Kokoro Mitsume
    Unity Bringer

Ydrasse
    scrawldragon
    niphredil
    I think the only two people we heavily disagree on are Kokoro and Ydrasse. (and I guess scrawl?) I think Kokoro has steadily gone down a bit since D1, but with what I've got I find them much more likely to be town than not - although I don't think your points on them are completely invalid. I think in a world where niph flips town that Kokoro is someone I'd really need to reevaluate, but I'm not convinced we live in that world yet.

I'd need to be convinced on the Ydrasse read though. As I said earlier, I think their posts today have been pretty weird, but I'd like to hear their own thoughts on what I said.
    Eh, thing is Ydrasse's read on Niph doesn't really look like a wolf's reaction to their buddy get caught.

Usually wolves on this position are more forced regarding bussing and aren't really going to make wishy-washy statements on them.

16. ISO #266
    Thread Analyst
    Timezone
    Community
    Hungary
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokoro Mitsume (#261)

Aside from him being a state of being thread-spewed, I don't think a wolf with his experience in this position would keep up with the steam to trudge on like this. Plus, him being W/W with Niph is unlikely as hell as there's no way a wolf would be so annoyed with their partners getting TR'd like Niph comment D1.

So many new game related expressions to me...what do you actually mean when using the expression "flip"?

And I also totally failed to figure out your explanation for being sure me being town, thanks, you are right man, but please try to explain it to me in some less...professional way, so without all those expressions like in this sentence:

"Aside from him being a state of being thread-spewed, I don't think a wolf with his experience in this position would keep up with the steam to trudge on like this."

And I thought my english is very good...
    :(

17. ISO #267
    Community
    Mafia Universe

3 niphredil scrawldragon (5), Ydrasse (4), Caccio72 (24)
    4 Not voting Kokoro Mitsume (10), niphredil (2), Unity Bringer (11), gamer (12)

View Vote History

End day at majority is enabled. With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to reach majority.

Day 2 ends at 8:00 AM EDT on Saturday, May 23rd, 2020. There are 1590235260000 remaining.

18. ISO #268
    Quote Originally Posted by Caccio72 (#266)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokoro Mitsume (#261)

So many new game related expressions to me...what do you actually mean when using the expression "flip"?

And I also totally failed to figure out your explanation for being sure me being town, thanks, you are right man, but please try to explain it to me in some less...professional way, so without all those expressions like in this sentence:

"Aside from him being a state of being thread-spewed, I don't think a wolf with his experience in this position would keep up with the steam to trudge on like this."

And I thought my english is very good...
    In English, you're very unlikely to be mafia.

19. ISO #269
    Thread Analyst
    Timezone
    Community
    Hungary
    ah, I got your point Unity, you meant Nyth will reach the majority with 1 more, vote, and have no time, opportunity to explain, defend herself anymore due the instant lynch.
    (what I assume happens in that case)

Just realized this when I checked the votecount, sorry, I am taking that part of your suspicion in you back.

20. ISO #270
    Thread Analyst
    Timezone
    Community
    Hungary

So this returns you to total null status in my read.

21. ISO #271
    Like, after today I'm basically settled on my 4-person towncore rn. That's the main thing I was focusing on today as we just need to find enough confident villagers to be able to safely burn through the PoE.

There's no way in hell that gamer doesn't kill me if he's a wolf, plus their thoughts have been extremely fluid and villagery today.

Caccio is very unlikely to be a wolf from what I've said above. Newbwolves lose their steam as the game goes on. Not seeing this from Caccio, plus he's kind of got into threadspewed territory.

UB had a fairly villagery EoD1 and her paranoia here looks genuine and reeks of a villager who's wary of their reads after a ML and a misvig. Wolves usually have a hard time faking it, let alone one on her skill level.

I'm fairly certain that both wolves are in Ydra/Scrawl/Niph.

22. ISO #272
    Thread Analyst
    Timezone
    Community
    Hungary
    Hey, I just remembered something which may serve us as a clue vs Nyth:

It is highly unlikely that wolves started, created, and jumped on more than 1 wagon at the same day.

So since the leading wagon was on Mikey, but nyth also had some votes on her, it ismuch more likely they simply joined the Mikey-vagon, which they maybe even started, in order to save, secure their own member, aka Nyth.

And a question:

What happens if we still commit a mislynch, and our vigilante misses again, so 2 more of us villagers will die?
    Will we lose the game, or not yet?

Maybe it would be better for our vigilante to pause this night...

23. ISO #273
    Thread Analyst
    Timezone
    Community
    Hungary
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokoro Mitsume (#271)
    Like, after today I'm basically settled on my 4-person towncore rn. That's the main thing I was focusing on today as we just need to find enough confident villagers to be able to safely burn through the PoE.

There's no way in hell that gamer doesn't kill me if he's a wolf, plus their thoughts have been extremely fluid and villagery today.

Caccio is very unlikely to be a wolf from what I've said above. Newbwolves lose their steam as the game goes on. Not seeing this from Caccio, plus he's kind of got into threadspewed territory.

UB had a fairly villagery EoD1 and her paranoia here looks genuine and reeks of a villager who's wary of their reads after a ML and a misvig. Wolves usually have a hard time faking it, let alone one on her skill level.

err...and what if you are only trying to clear yourself by pretending to suspect in Nyth?

Especially now, when more of us are starting to suspect in you, it sounds for a clever enough defense to me.

24. ISO #274
    Quote Originally Posted by Caccio72 (#272)
    What happens if we still commit a mislynch, and our vigilante misses again, so 2 more of us villagers will die?
    We have 7 people alive.

A) If we ML, tomorrow we'll be 3-2 before the vig shot. So basically if the vig mis-shoots after we ML then we lose.

B) If we correctly lynch, tomorrow we'll be 4-1 before the vig shot.

Case A it may be ideal to holster so we get more info from the night kill.

Case B the vig should always shoot.

25. ISO #275
    Thread Analyst
    Timezone
    Community
    Hungary
    my point is, is it possible you are using your suspicion in Nyth, your mafia teammate, who will most obviously be lynched today anyway, as a cover, to convince us of your town loyalty, and have an easy job killing us 1 by one after that, since we will stop suspecting in you...

Not saying I am sure with this assumption, but it is one of the likely possibilities.
    (at least it sounds as a logical one enough to me)

26. ISO #276
    Quote Originally Posted by Caccio72 (#273)

err...and what if you are only trying to clear yourself by pretending to suspect in Nyth?

Especially now, when more of us are starting to suspect in you, it sounds for a clever enough defense to me.
    It's too late to bus her. Nobody's getting credit for her pelt.

I don't care about being TR'd, I just want to further refine my towncore.

I haven't seen any villagery pings from Scrawl or Ydrasse, though Ydra looks to be more uninformed than the former.

27. ISO #277
    Timezone
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokoro Mitsume (#260)
    @gamer

VCA-wise I don't think UB is W/W with Niph. That was a possibility that I checked before seeing the wagons moving, but the results make UB look more unaligned with her.

She looks relatively uninformed here being that if she/Niphy were W/W then there would be no need for her to go to Mikey's wagon as that'd just make her look worse as the wagons were still going to result in a Mikey lynch regardless if she moved or not.

Plus, her paranoia here looks very villagery.
    The possibility of you/Mikey/KONY coming around to vote niph wasn't a nonzero percent chance, is my point. If you were around for EoD do you think you would have voted Mikey? Mikey would definitely vote niph to selfpres.

I think Unity is very likely a villager, their posts don't really feel wolfy, but I disagree that VCA clears them at this moment - especially if niph flips W. If D1 wagons are T/T then I'm not really sure where to go from there with VCA actually.

I definitely think it's most likely both are in those three, but I'm still wary of a deepwolf. The lack of real resistance to niphs lynch is offputting...

Quote Originally Posted by Caccio72 (#263)
    guys, I still haven't received any explanation for the game related "poe" abreviation, nor of this "vca" one I just read in the previous post.

(or I missed the reply somehow, please mention or ping my nick in your posts directed to me to avoid this to happen)
    @Caccio72

PoE = Process of Elimination
    VCA = Vote Count Analysis - This is when you analyse a players voting patterns to 'look for clues', in simple terms.

28. ISO #278
    Quote Originally Posted by Caccio72 (#275)
    my point is, is it possible you are using your suspicion in Nyth, your mafia teammate, who will most obviously be lynched today anyway, as a cover, to convince us of your town loyalty, and have an easy job killing us 1 by one after that, since we will stop suspecting in you...

Not saying I am sure with this assumption, but it is one of the likely possibilities.
    As I said before, nobody gets credit for her flip, except you for how she reacted to everyone TR'ing you.

If I were a wolf then I'd have done plenty of distancing with her as that's my personal wolfing style.

29. ISO #279
    Thread Analyst
    Timezone
    Community
    Hungary
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokoro Mitsume (#274)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caccio72 (#272)
    We have 7 people alive.

A) If we ML, tomorrow we'll be 3-2 before the vig shot. So basically if the vig mis-shoots after we ML then we lose.

B) If we correctly lynch, tomorrow we'll be 4-1 before the vig shot.

Case A it may be ideal to holster so we get more info from the night kill.

Case B the vig should always shoot.
    Ok, so if both we and the vig miss, then...it is game over for us, right?

Pheww, now that would be a short game...
    :(

And also, you are my suspect nr 2 atm, can you please try to bring up something for your defense?

Actually, if I would be the vig, and would decide to risk to shoot, I would most likely choose you for my target, for I fail to find any more suspicious candidates for now.

30. ISO #280
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer (#277)
    I definitely think it's most likely both are in those three, but I'm still wary of a deepwolf. The lack of real resistance to niphs lynch is offputting...
    How else would a wolf react to a partner in niph's situation?

They're basically required to bus as there was very little potential for a CW from how the thread began SoD2.

31. ISO #281
    Thread Analyst
    Timezone
    Community
    Hungary
    except Nyth, who will, most likely, be lynched today anyway.

Just imagine, we both lynch and shoot correctly today, and bingo!, the game is over, we won!

But we lose if we miss the both...so it is a very interesting situation now, lol!

32. ISO #282
    Quote Originally Posted by Caccio72 (#279)
    And also, you are my suspect nr 2 atm, can you please try to bring up something for your defense?
    And you're suspicious of me because?

33. ISO #283
    The possibility of you/Mikey/KONY coming around to vote niph wasn't a nonzero percent chance, is my point. If you were around for EoD do you think you would have voted Mikey? Mikey would definitely vote niph to selfpres.
    Wolves don't think like this. UB voted right at the last nine minutes before the EoD. I don't think regardless of her alignment that she predicted either of us three sniping Nith.

34. ISO #284
    Thread Analyst
    Timezone
    Community
    Hungary
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokoro Mitsume (#278)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caccio72 (#275)

As I said before, nobody gets credit for her flip, except you for how she reacted to everyone TR'ing you.

If I were a wolf then I'd have done plenty of distancing with her as that's my personal wolfing style.
    Well, I must admit, this sounds quite convincing...but still not convincing enough to totally end my suspicion of you.

And thanks for the abreviation explanations Gamer.

35. ISO #285
    Timezone
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokoro Mitsume (#280)
    How else would a wolf react to a partner in niph's situation?

They're basically required to bus as there was very little potential for a CW from how the thread began SoD2.
    I don't think proposing a counter wagon would be impossible, but I suppose if both wolves are in the three player PoE we think they're in then that'd be potentially suicidal.

Hmm, now I'm leaning against Unity/niph being W/W at least. I think they had a pretty reasonable chance of a counter wagon onto someone else and the towncred to probably get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokoro Mitsume (#283)
    Wolves don't think like this. UB voted right at the last nine minutes before the EoD. I don't think regardless of her alignment that she predicted either of us three sniping Nith.
    ...I definitely should have looked at the timestamps, huh.

36. ISO #286
    Thread Analyst
    Timezone
    Community
    Hungary
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokoro Mitsume (#282)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caccio72 (#279)
    And you're suspicious of me because?
    Mostly because of your very experienced looking playing style, backed off by all those game related terms you keep throwing around, despite you claiming to have as little as insignificant game-experience.

I highly doubt someone would be able to use so many game-related expressions, abreviations this often as this accurately after playing only a few online games of this type.

íThen comes your wolf read of Gamer, who I consider for my most reliable town read.

It is possible you are trying to turn the attemtion from you to him, convince us of him being a wolf, and then later at some point starting a wagon on him, to get rid of him, for he obviously sounds to you as your most dangerous opponent you should deal with, by making him lynched the next day instead of yourself.

Sorry, but this sounds like a quite likely case to me.

37. ISO #287
    Quote Originally Posted by Caccio72 (#286)
    íThen comes your wolf read of Gamer, who I consider for my most reliable town read.

It is possible you are trying to turn the attemtion from you to him, convince us of him being a wolf, and then later at some point starting a wagon on him, to get rid of him, for he obviously sounds to you as your most dangerous opponent you should deal with, by making him lynched the next day instead of yourself.
    ...he's in my towncore. I re-eval'd between D1 and D2.

Like, I don't think Gamer ever flips wolf here as his game today has been fairly villagery and genuine and it'd be nonsense for him not to NK me last night.

38. ISO #288
    Thread Analyst
    Timezone
    Community
    Hungary
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokoro Mitsume (#287)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caccio72 (#286)

...he's in my towncore. I re-eval'd between D1 and D2.

Like, I don't think Gamer ever flips wolf here as his game today has been fairly villagery and genuine and it'd be nonsense for him not to NK me last night.
    and what if you did that "revaluation" of yours exactly with the intention to sound less suspicious to us, and make us suspecting in some indeed town aligned participants?

I only played a little time with you here, but based on your clever style of playing, you are someone I consider capable of pulling such a trick.

39. ISO #289
    Thread Analyst
    Timezone
    Community
    Hungary
    anyway if Nyth will turn out to be indeed a wolf, for me it will make you her most likely companion, even if you claim to read her as a wolf, for as I said, I consider you capable of such a clever gameplay, which even includes sacrificing your teammate with the intention to totally "clarify" yourself, for wolves it is maybe better to lose one of their already suspicious, more obvious members, but keep one who is "clear" for all the rest, due "proving" his loyalty to them by assisting in lynching his teammate.

My only other possible candidate is Unity, but only in case Nyth will indeed prove to be a wolf, for she was willing to give her more time to defend and explain herself, which is a fair enough play, except in case being both of them wolves, then it may also be a desperate attempt to save her companion by giving her time enough to eventually talk herself out of the trouble.

40. ISO #290
    Thread Analyst
    Timezone
    Community
    Hungary
    now this is why I like this game so much, I feel like a detective trying to solve a very hard case, looking for clues, suspects, reasons, proves, evidences...
    :)

Elementary my dear Watson...

41. ISO #291
    Thread Analyst
    Timezone
    Community
    Hungary
    a looot of brainwork, logical thinking, conclusions...and plus an active online communication, with other alive people instead of dumb, limited ais, not to mention the tought concurrency of real people to compete, and win against, which totally fits my competitive nature and expectations.

42. ISO #292
    Community
    Mafia Universe

3 niphredil scrawldragon (5), Ydrasse (4), Caccio72 (37)
    4 Not voting Kokoro Mitsume (19), niphredil (2), Unity Bringer (11), gamer (14)

View Vote History

43. ISO #293
    Timezone
    Community
    Pronouns
    As promised I am here and barely coherent. Thankfully there aren't that many posts to have read.

@Caccio72 I don't know where you got I had been voting Niph to defend them, but as you soon realized later, it was because of majority. I'm someone who always likes spendjng as much time as possible during a Day Phase and utilizing it. When EoD immediatelly.brings a halt to diacussion, a halt to voting, and more...

The reason I am now awake is to be able to be here to continue that discussion and vote if A) no one else was here or B) if new information was brought up suddenly. Considering it isn't a PR heavy game, and people are up and active, I'm.glad to say neithet was really used.

Glad to see Kokoro back and posting wondering where the rest are still. Rip.

44. ISO #294
    Thread Analyst
    Timezone
    Community
    Hungary
    Quote Originally Posted by Unity Bringer (#293)
    As promised I am here and barely coherent. Thankfully there aren't that many posts to have read.

@Caccio72 I don't know where you got I had been voting Niph to defend them, but as you soon realized later, it was because of majority. I'm someone who always likes spendjng as much time as possible during a Day Phase and utilizing it. When EoD immediatelly.brings a halt to diacussion, a halt to voting, and more...

The reason I am now awake is to be able to be here to continue that discussion and vote if A) no one else was here or B) if new information was brought up suddenly. Considering it isn't a PR heavy game, and people are up and active, I'm.glad to say neithet was really used.

What do you mean by a "pr-heavy" game?

Man, how comes there seem to be tons of game-related abreviations and expressions I have no idea about, is it possible Ionly I am this newbie, and you all lerned all those this well after playing only a couple of mafia type games online?

And yes, I agree, the more time for discussion, the more chance to find some clues, and make more accurate reads, if majority lynches happen, they will always mean lost time, which, especially in later phase, could prove to be a crucial handicap.

So yes, I totally see your point now.

45. ISO #295
    Timezone
    Community
    Pronouns
    From what I gather: Kokoro is stating if Niphh flips red, they'd guess it is Scrawl sincr they think it's in the three and Ydrasse unlikely.

Gamer is still leaning towards Ydrasse is flip is red.

Caccio thinks it's likely me or Kokoro ig the flip is red.

This is what I understand at least.I'd agree with either a Scrawl or Kokoro lynch if it's red.

Especially Kokoro is green.

46. ISO #296
    Timezone
    Quote Originally Posted by Caccio72 (#294)

Man, how comes there seem to be tons of game-related abreviations and expressions I have no idea about, is it possible Ionly I am this newbie, and you all lerned all those this well after playing only a couple of mafia type games online?

And yes, I agree, the more time for discussion, the more chance to find some clues, and make more accurate reads, if majority lynches happen, they will always mean lost time, which, especially in later phase, could prove to be a crucial handicap.

I assume by PR Heavy they mean a setup with more power roles than just one. This setup only has 1 PR (the vig) while some are composed with several, to the point where most townies can be PRs.

Anyway, in the off chance that niph flips V, we're in LyLo unless the vig shoots correctly, or we just lose if they shoot another villager.

If niph flips W, then the vig should probably shoot in PoE.

47. ISO #297
    Timezone
    Community
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by Caccio72 (#294)

Power role heavy. I usually play games where 90% of rveryone including scum has power roles. It is pure chaos, and I love it.

48. ISO #298
    Timezone
    Community
    Pronouns

49. ISO #299
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    « Day 2 Lynch: niphredil was Vanilla Town »

4 niphredil scrawldragon (5), Ydrasse (4), Caccio72 (38), Unity Bringer (15)
    3 Not voting Kokoro Mitsume (19), niphredil (2), gamer (15)

View Vote History

niphredil was lynched. They were: Vanilla Town.
    Role PM for Newbie's Paradise #2

You are Vanilla Town. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

Day 2 has ended.

Day 2 ended at 8:00 AM EDT on Saturday, May 23rd, 2020.

50. ISO #300
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    « Night 2 Start »
    Newbie's Paradise #2 Night 2 Start

Night 2 has begun.

Please submit your night actions below the thread.

Night 2 ends at 8:00 AM EDT on Sunday, May 24th, 2020. There are 1590321660000 remaining.