Results 1,901 to 1,927 of 1927

Thread: Season 7, Game 5: WARPLANES [The Mafia Championship] Day 3
Day 3 

1. ISO #1901
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Kylä
    After seeing what I missed and thinking about it. I’m sticking with my policy lynch. I do not believe catgode is outside his normal town meta and CK is both high info and very scummy, a hill I am very content to die on today.

Another point, I can’t help but point out CK has been in the hot seat for pressure every day and hasn’t removed themselves from it. Every game I’ve seen so far hasn’t had a player go day 1-3 as a wagon without being towncleared or lynched.

I guess CK would be informative, but I still do not like it. I'm really feeling that we are stuck right now and that even if Ck would have been lynched and flipped green yesterday, we'd proceed to lynch Wikki today while the actualy wolves are elsewhere. Maybe my perspective is entirely wrong and CK is wolf, but if not - WIkki would have been on the block today. I need to reflect this on for a moment.

2. ISO #1902
    Timezone
    Community
    PlanetCricket
    Ok, i'm proposing something controversial here. Go ahead and lynch me. I'm not quitting or anything, I genuinely think it would be the best thing the Town could do. I would finally be cleared as a VT, stop being a burden on the Town due to my poor play, and you could move to real scumhunting. I feel like half the game has consisted of half the players trying to convince the other half to lynch me, and we've wasted way too much time on me. At this point, i’m the Mafia's MVP. I genuinely think you should lynch if you want to beat the Mafia.
    I never was in this to progress beyond the first round, so the least i can do is help the Town in the best way i can, by dying.
    To restate this, i've not lost interest or become busy, just thing it would be the best thing from a scumhunting perspective.

3. ISO #1903
    Community
    Kongregate FGF
    AKA
    nikeas
    Quote Originally Posted by Capage (#1894)
    I don't know if Catgode's trying so hard because of the wagon on him or because he's town, but I really like his effort today and I wanted to appreciate it somehow.

I mean, wagonomics and associations are one thing, but the actual effort is another.

4. ISO #1904
    Community
    Kongregate FGF
    AKA
    nikeas
    Quote Originally Posted by CerealKiller (#1902)
    Ok, i'm proposing something controversial here. Go ahead and lynch me. I'm not quitting or anything, I genuinely think it would be the best thing the Town could do. I would finally be cleared as a VT, stop being a burden on the Town due to my poor play, and you could move to real scumhunting. I feel like half the game has consisted of half the players trying to convince the other half to lynch me, and we've wasted way too much time on me. At this point, i’m the Mafia's MVP. I genuinely think you should lynch if you want to beat the Mafia.
    I never was in this to progress beyond the first round, so the least i can do is help the Town in the best way i can, by dying.
    To restate this, i've not lost interest or become busy, just thing it would be the best thing from a scumhunting perspective.
    hell NO youre not getting off the hook, you dont get to just flip over on your back and play dead
    instead of making us waste a mislynch (if youre town), do something.

anything

the very least you can do is provide us a concise, parting list of final reads, or thoughts or anything really at this point

you dont get to play the $#@!ing "ok guys w/e just lynch me" card, you dont get to guilttrip us

you signed up for the bloody champs and you know what you were getting into

you were informed of the date beforehand

you had 39 hours of d3 where you could do literally anything else aside from making a weak push on me for daring to tie you at eod
    your ramadan thing ended and you never made an excuse this day

literally. do. ANYTHING.

@CerealKiller

5. ISO #1905
    Timezone
    Community
    Kylä
    We don't need sacrifises, we need reads. Assuming D2 wagons were V/V, what role do you think the wolves took on the wagons?

6. ISO #1906
    Community
    Hattrick
    Quote Originally Posted by ASmiller (#1798)
    Quote Originally Posted by GCEDW (#1793)
    @ASmiller: This comes with a caveat, it is my least sure in my POE. Hasn't done anything in terms of reads or analysis of the other players yet, and ignores the other players questions of him, which is why he lands here. The thing that is except for him suspecting CK hard for some reason, he's done nothing to help the town. Could he be a JOAT? Its at least a decent possibility, and would somewhat explain his gameplay thus far. He did say that he had a job to go back to, which may explain some of his inactivity, but I'm really not sure what to think of him in terms of the other players right now.
    Just wanted to answer this, and not feed the whole quote in, I came into the game after having to sub in for my groups rep because she had flooding because of the stuff that is happening in her area, then our backup and then back up to the back up were unable so I stepped up to do it as I was last years rep.

I have been getting vibes that Cereal is evil, I wanted to place a vote when I entered the game because votes provide information, and from the last two swings from what I gathered close to the end and him doing self preservation voting has made me continue to place a vote on him each day that I remained alive.

As well yes I am going back to my job today after being off for 2 months in about 3 hours, but I am not looking to use that as an excuse.
    May I ask, how are you enjoying this game so far? Do you find it exciting or is it more of a burden?

What's your thoughts about that nobody is able to read you because of lack of content, which makes it a lot harder for town to solve this?

7. ISO #1907
    Timezone
    Community
    rpgmaker.net
    AKA
    Cap_H, pzelda
    Quote Originally Posted by catgode (#1903)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capage (#1894)
    I don't know if Catgode's trying so hard because of the wagon on him or because he's town, but I really like his effort today and I wanted to appreciate it somehow.

I mean, wagonomics and associations are one thing, but the actual effort is another.

yeah trying hard because of being town having a wagon on him or because of being scum having a wagon on him cuts it clearer.

8. ISO #1908
    Timezone
    Community
    rpgmaker.net
    AKA
    Cap_H, pzelda
    Cmon, quitting is not a way to go. Even if you're getting lynched your goal should be to leave legacy, to force wolves slip on you like on a banana peel.
    Appealing to our feelings doesn't help your cause.

9. ISO #1909
    Timezone
    Community
    Kylä
    Quote Originally Posted by Capage (#1666)
    Ofc, Okosan dying changes some of this. It leaves me with a weird vote from GCE and Violet not focusing on anyone else yesterday.
    I need to take a further look at reads of the former and wait for today posts of the later. Honestly, Violet has been the towniest player and still is in my towncore otherwise. It's just a thing I find potentially scummy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Capage (#1749)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafia Host (#1656)
    Season 7, Game 5: WARPLANES [The Mafia Championship] Day 2 Votecount

Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    6 wikkiden Okosan (51), Capage (89), Pragmatic (11), CerealKiller (37), GCEDW (71), Violet (75)
    6 CerealKiller TK5141 (50), ASmiller (23), Aersoldorf (54), Chilly (15), wikkiden (42), catgode (47)
    1 Pragmatic Relm (77)

View Vote History

End day at majority is enabled. With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to reach majority.

It was a tie. wikkiden was lynched at random. They were: Vanilla Town.
    Role PM for Season 7, Game 5: WARPLANES [The Mafia Championship]

You are Vanilla Town. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

Day 2 has ended.

Day 2 ended at 4:00 PM EDT on Saturday, May 23rd, 2020.
    If we exclude Relm,
    We have five players on every wagon. There are two main situations to consider. CK W and CK V. With CK W, some kind of 2-1-0 scenario is the most likely. CK V makes it little more versatile and that's more likely imo.

In 3-0-0, Prag/Violet/CK or GCE/Violet/CK are the options I could see without reading too much. GCE went after Prag too hard for them to be together. EOD moves (Violet unvoting and voting again) as well as general odds makes this a less likely option.

In 2-1-0 (CK W), ASmiller is the only person on CK making sense as busser to me. I admit that Catgode's kinda in the running, because returning that vote was the only option he had after acting like a tiekeeper. But why would he choose such a role if he were with CK in the first place. The lack of commitment to reads certainly makes Catgode stand out in this game, tho.
    ASmiller and CK could be packed with all of Violet, GCE and Prag as none of them made anything beyond distancing to the other two. Even GCE and CK crossvoting d1 doesn't make sense as an optimal scum play, but even with so many votes flying around, Jamiet ended up being a runaway wagon - so while unlikely, it's not impossible for CK and GCE to be wolves together.

Now, I need to take a break before writing down possible associations if CK's town. I excluded TK, Chilly and Aer so far as their votes were either too loud or cast at exactly the right moment (Chilly) to be bussing.
    I have strong town on chilly, relatively strong on TK and a weaker townlean on Aer too. That makes me less inclined to believe these words (same as with Relm).
    Violet is a different case rn. I have a townread on him, but he's also the only logical wolf in some scenarios. That, plus rigidity of his voting yesterday, cast some serious doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Capage (#1774)
    Quote Originally Posted by catgode (#1771)
    my hopes would be that your ideal scumteam would be composed of the most-likely team, not the easiest-to-think-of team. Sorry, but it's hard for me to take you seriously when you take two barely-posters and bundle me up with them - with the suggestion of my content having a similar level, despite the postcount difference.

I won't be arguing on whether you hurt my personal feelings or not, but you look as if you were channeling Jamie right now, trying to convince us that lurker lynches are superior, since that gives us a higher winrate (50.1% > 49.9%).

I think you need to reorganize your upper level of reads and tighten your towncore if that's the most likely scenario for you.
    Tbh, wolves trying to avoid activity and providing reads is often the case.
    But you also have a point. That's why I'm on you right now and not on Pragmatic again. You have higher postcount but your content isn't adequate to that postcount. Try to compare yourself with Aer or Violet.

I would like to tighten up my towncore today, but it's difficult. Chilly, Relm, TK are the only people locked in.
    These posts by Capage caught my attention as I have difficulty understanding the thought process. At the beginning of D3 he spesifically said that I am in his towncore.

One question here - Relm makes sense to many pairings due to being outside the main wagons on D2. What exactly lead to different progression regarding me and Relm here? I'm not sure if I entirely understand the though process and I agree with what TK said about Relm, that you clear him out a bit too eagerly.

What I feel like is happening here is that you considered me town, realized that considering me a town would invalidate many trios and kind off had to consider me suspicious here as wolf - and that lead to different outcomes with me and Relm.

10. ISO #1910
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    1453 Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Violet (#1900)
    Quote Originally Posted by Relm (#1898)
    @Violet

I’m gonna ask you a bold question here before I head off for a bit.

Why okosan and dys? Why are you not dead? Be as objective as possible, I’m curious as to your thoughts.
    It's always difficult to find the exact motvies behind the nightkills, but I try.

From an objective standpoint, there are two possibilities - that I'm town or that I'm wolf. If I am wolf, the answer is obvious. If I am town, it means the wolves considered someone else as better nightkill. There can be many reasons for that:

1) Other nightkills were just better

An example: If wolves would nightkill ASmiller, everyone would be questioning why player X was not killed instead as that would be a low impact nighkill. On N1 this argument can be made on Dizzy. There might be a reason why the wolves considered Okosan a better nightkill - that's something I cannot answer. I have not checked Okosan's posts if there was something that could be the reason. But overall, I'd say killing me would have been more impactful.

2) JOAT protection

I was part of towncore D1-D2, so maybe wolves were afraid that JOAT's would be protecting me. On N1 there were three candidates I'd consider likely: Me, Dizzy and you Relm. With three targets there is a lesser risk of hitting someone JOAT protected. On N2, after your absence, I'd guess that if wolves really want to avoid losing a shot to protection, they would not shoot me.

3) My takes on D2

I was the most vocal voter of Wikki. I was also the most avid supporter of CK, and I still seem to be that way. Wikki's green flip was definitely a hit on my credibility and my stance on CK has also made me suspicious for some players. Especially if CK ends up being a wolf, keeping me alive is a good wolfplay as they get someone else protect CK and take the blame if he flips red today.

4) Relm is wolf?

I'd guess if you are wolf Relm, you would benefit from nightkilling people in order Dizzy-Okosan-Me instead of Dizzy-Me-Okosan because now I can be nightkilled on D3. If it were the other way around, on D4 people would be asking you the same question you asked me: "Why Okosan and not you". In this order, I doubt that would happen. Even if you are wolf, it might have been more beneficial for you to kill me off anyways - not a strong point and I acknowledge that, but as it already sprung to my mind, I can as well write it.

I'm not sure what to make of your question though. I have been thinking the same reason about us both - Okosan dying N2 over both of us is strange. It is possible you have a wolfy motivation behind that question - with us W/T, you would know I cannot answer that question and could use that as a springboard to suspect me. But right now I feel like you are genuinely puzzled about the whole game just like I am, and hoped this might provide some clarity to the overall situation - or that you are town trying to figure me out, which is also paints you green.
    I asked for a few reasons, a few being the ones you said at the end. I’m genuinely curious and have spent a lot of thought on it, which is why I’d like to expand something you touched on in 4 a bit but in the inverse.

If one of us are wolf, then this kill order looks good for us on day four being able to point to themselves being the last of towncore... but what about day 5? They can’t quite kill themselves then and joats would be too risky because double doc scares.

I think another reason that is potentially in play is the opposite of it being one of us two, But that it’s to frame one of us later on.

This is a play I’ve seen done before to great effect, but I have little basis for it in this game beyond a few shade attempts on me and you so far. Something to keep in mind for later though.

Where I think we disagreed was dys and okosan. I felt both were off center hits and you felt that only of okosan. If we go with your view then obviously the question is why was dys killed for (likely) joat protection reasons and then was okosan viewed by scum as being the same position as dys? Or was he killed for another reason, namely good reads? If the latter then I’ve got no clue as both EoD he tunneled the wagon that lynched.

After the game I’m diving the scum chat for answers to these if they don’t present themselves lol

No matter how many times I try and jump you with a question to see if some deep tinfoil has merit you continue to convince me again that you’re town. So for that I thank you, but also for that reason I’m gonna need your reasoning for catgode over cereal.

11. ISO #1911
    Timezone
    Community
    1453 Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Violet (#1901)
    Quote Originally Posted by Relm (#1896)
    After seeing what I missed and thinking about it. I’m sticking with my policy lynch. I do not believe catgode is outside his normal town meta and CK is both high info and very scummy, a hill I am very content to die on today.

Another point, I can’t help but point out CK has been in the hot seat for pressure every day and hasn’t removed themselves from it. Every game I’ve seen so far hasn’t had a player go day 1-3 as a wagon without being towncleared or lynched.

I guess CK would be informative, but I still do not like it. I'm really feeling that we are stuck right now and that even if Ck would have been lynched and flipped green yesterday, we'd proceed to lynch Wikki today while the actualy wolves are elsewhere. Maybe my perspective is entirely wrong and CK is wolf, but if not - WIkki would have been on the block today. I need to reflect this on for a moment.
    Didn’t see this when I made my last post. The way I view it there can realistically be no safer lynch today than CK. Whereas some would lynch him on policy alone, as my practice game showed I don’t consider policy as the ultimate reason. He has had a scummier track record and has not cleared himself by any standard since first gaining traction as the counter wagon for both days. If you plan to vote catgode I’d like to see your pitch for him being scummier than CK on it’s own merit.

12. ISO #1912
    Timezone
    Community
    1453 Mafia
    I hate this post.

I hate everything it stands for.

I hate the anti town mindset that forms it’s core.

I hate that you’ve put us in this position regardless of your alignment.

If you are town, then I hope you take away from this game never to make a post like this.

If you are maf, I love the gambit, works more often than not but I refuse to allow it.

13. ISO #1913
    Bandwagoner
    Timezone
    UTC±00:00
    Community
    The World of Werewolf
    Quote Originally Posted by catgode (#1869)
    Quote Originally Posted by ASmiller (#1868)
    Just got done work a bit ago, and about to head to bed.
    are we ever going to get some solving/analysis/readlists/anything out from you? something that's longer than 3 lines. you've been in the game for some time now, im confident you can form some opinions

@ASmiller
    Probly not, I’m not the type of person who puts this big slap of stuff, sometimes I do but I have the be very into the game, this game I just haven’t been able to get into.

14. ISO #1914
    Timezone
    Community
    1453 Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by ASmiller (#1913)
    are we ever going to get some solving/analysis/readlists/anything out from you? something that's longer than 3 lines. you've been in the game for some time now, im confident you can form some opinions

@ASmiller
    Probly not, I’m not the type of person who puts this big slap of stuff, sometimes I do but I have the be very into the game, this game I just haven’t been able to get into.
    ctrl+c ctrl+v my post above.

If you’re not going to solve you could at the least help us clear you as town so we don’t have to pray you are town. That is all I ask of you.

15. ISO #1915
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Returns (Chess.com)
    AKA
    GC
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    If you are a town, I really dislike this post, its anti-town mentality, and how you are just rolling over. If you are scum, I get the mentality of this post, as you are trying to make the town feel bad for voting you. We don't need info lynches right now, we need scum lynches. Instead of giving up, in the scenario where you are town, can you provide some reads?
    Since Pragmatic doesn't seem suspicious enough to lynch for anyone here, and I don't see catgode being a likely scum right now. ##Vote CerealKiller

16. ISO #1916
    Community
    Hattrick
    Quote Originally Posted by catgode (#1867)
    im gonna need an added pair of eyes or two to aid me in this endeavor

@TK5141 @Capage @Aersoldorf @Relm i trust ya w/ this

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...archid=6793247

this is an iso of CK in game 9 of season 6 champs. he has 37 posts in the game, is active for first two days - posts once d3 citing health issues and ask for replacement, never gets one, is lynched, flips town.

surface level differences i can see is

*less posting (but theyre gone for first 400 posts because of login issues apparently)

*they have only a single, i think, town read, that actually has a bunch of reasoning behind it despite starting pretty hedgy. feels like whatever trs he gave this game weren't as well reasoned

*he also seemed more comfortable with throwing out negative reads on people based on a single eod and their wagon placements. compare it to this game where aside from voting a lurkslot, he fires off at people that vote him p much exclusively.

*also completely different vote discipline. he's willing to throw out a vote left and right to people who slight him, and happily selfpresses. of note is the fact he never really ends up as a leading wagon - only tied for 2nd in 5-4-4 - so not sure how much of influence it has. regardless, CK moved his votes quite a bit this game, whereas last year he made a whopping 2 votes through the entire game - once on day 1, and once on day 2.

technically its been a year, but he also admits his site rarely ever plays mafia... how does that really affect someone's meta, then?
    Hmm, your link didn't work for me, it just says "Sorry - no matches", anyone knows why?

But anyway, if it's a game where he had health issues, maybe it's not a good comparison to do anyway? That could very likely explain that he posts less. And he barely talks about town- or scumreads here either, rather he's been looking for ways to survive and not be the next lynch. I guess that's his gamestyle, many gets a more defensive focus when they're accused themselves, no matter of alignment.

I wouldn't read too much into that. I'll see if I find time to read it myself later, I put it on hold for now since I already have thoughts in my head that I wanna look deeper into first.

17. ISO #1917
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Season 7, Game 5: WARPLANES [The Mafia Championship] Day 3 Votecount

Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    4 CerealKiller ASmiller (5), catgode (37), Relm (27), GCEDW (28)
    3 catgode CerealKiller (9), Violet (30), Pragmatic (4)
    4 Not voting TK5141 (18), Aersoldorf (25), Chilly (2), Capage (57)

View Vote History

End day at majority is enabled. With 11 players alive, it takes 6 votes to reach majority.

Day 3 ends at 4:00 PM EDT on Tuesday, May 26th, 2020. There are 1590523260000 remaining.

18. ISO #1918
    Community
    Kongregate FGF
    AKA
    nikeas
    @TK5141 no idea whats up with taht but heres the gaem proper https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...a-Championship

19. ISO #1919
    Timezone
    Community
    1453 Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by catgode (#1918)
    @TK5141 no idea whats up with taht but heres the gaem proper https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...a-Championship
    I read the first portion it when it happened as a bit of prep for my game right after it so I only saw his first day. Reading the rest it reads very different from his play here.

20. ISO #1920
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    GC
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic (#1858)
    #664 – Yes. Ofc. You’re supposed to wait… like multiple cycles. Also, lol. That reminds me @GCEDW – um. Want to quote that post where you accused me of stuff? I must’ve missed it. Or toss me a post number? Links to old forum. They all seem to have the same theme, unrelated.
    Sure Pragmatic, I really suspected you especially after doing an ISO on you in P#1337. I also laid out my concerns with you in my reads on P#1793.

21. ISO #1921
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    GC
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic (#1858)
    #664 – Yes. Ofc. You’re supposed to wait… like multiple cycles. Also, lol. That reminds me @GCEDW – um. Want to quote that post where you accused me of stuff? I must’ve missed it. Or toss me a post number? Links to old forum. They all seem to have the same theme, unrelated.
    Sure Pragmatic, I really suspected you especially after doing an ISO on you in P#1337. I also laid out my concerns with you in my reads on P#1793.
    @Pragmatic

22. ISO #1922
    Bandwagoner
    Timezone
    Community
    The World of Werewolf

@ASmiller

If you’re not going to solve you could at the least help us clear you as town so we don’t have to pray you are town. That is all I ask of you.
    I am town, and one confused as to what post you want me to copy and paste exactly, I have had a hard time getting into this game as I came in late.

23. ISO #1923
    Timezone
    Community
    1453 Mafia
    Quote Originally Posted by ASmiller (#1922)
    Quote Originally Posted by Relm (#1914)

@ASmiller

I am town, and one confused as to what post you want me to copy and paste exactly, I have had a hard time getting into this game as I came in late.
    I was referring to the post I made before this responding to cereal, saying that what I said also applies perfectly to this one.

That said, funnily enough I believe you, even if you’ve given me almost no reason to.

24. ISO #1924
    Community
    Hattrick
    Quote Originally Posted by Violet (#1875)
    Quote Originally Posted by Relm (#1842)
    Quote Originally Posted by Violet (#1651)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilly (#1648)
    The CK wagon looks purer than the Wikki wagon at this point.
    Yikes
    This begs the question @Violet, in hindsight which wagon do you believe scum were on? Answer from both the perspective of scum and town CK for a fulfilling answer, please.
    With wolf CK, at I agree with the numbers Capage and TK came up with. I heavily doubt that both wolves were on CK wagon if CK was a wolf. I have already made a quite detailed powt where I analyzed CK's scum equity, but it's too much of a hassle to link that on mobile. Sorry.

If CK was town, the wolves could be spread in any way in the wagons, but I heavily doubt that they would join one wagon en masse. Of course, this is a bit different if you are a wolf Relm - then I think it's plausible the two other wolves were on one wagon and that one wagon was indeed pure. I have the gut feeling that Ck wagon is purer, even though I did not feel that way when voting.

I'm heading to work rn, but once I return I will take a closer look on Capage.
    What do you mean with this bolded?

25. ISO #1925
    Bandwagoner
    Timezone
    Community
    The World of Werewolf
    I don’t you what happened, my phone puts weird $#@! in sometimes but “I am” where “one” is

26. ISO #1926
    Bandwagoner
    Timezone
    Community
    The World of Werewolf
    Quote Originally Posted by ASmiller (#1922)
    Quote Originally Posted by Relm (#1914)

I was referring to the post I made before this responding to cereal, saying that what I said also applies perfectly to this one.

That said, funnily enough I believe you, even if you’ve given me almost no reason to.
    Which I totally get, I am not a person that lays all this stuff out like some people do.

27. ISO #1927
    Timezone
    Community
    1453 Mafia
    @TK5141 I’ve interacted with you the least in the game. Let’s change that.

How are you feeling about today?