Page 1 of 107 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 7, Game 7: Dr. Town and Mr. Mafia [The Mafia Championship]

1. ISO #1
    Mantichora's Avatar Game Manager
    Community
    MiniMafia
    Season 7, Game 7: Dr. Town and Mr. Mafia [The Mafia Championship]

SEASON 7, GAME 7: DR. TOWN AND MR. MAFIA (MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP)

Welcome to Season 7 of the Mafia Championship!

An international forum-based tournament for Mafia players from all over the world

Hosted By: Our automated @Mafia Host w/ @Owner Of A Lonely Heart providing flavor
    Start Date: May 26, 2020
    Start of Day/End of Day: 12 AM EDT
    Phase Lengths: 48/24
    Lynch Mechanics: Deadline Lynch (2 tied players will randomly be lynched. No lynch is a valid vote. Starting Day 2, Majority is6 enabled, meaning the players can end day early if someone attains a majority of the votes.
    Night Chat In Thread: No, thread will be locked during Night Phases
    Out of Thread Communication: Only the Mafia team may communicate with each other outside of the thread (24/7)
    LYLO Rules: Votes are automatically locked in at LYLO. I.e. when the game reaches a point where one more mislynch leads to a loss, you cannot change your vote once you have cast it.
    Minimum Posting Requirement: Minimum 10 posts per Game Day
    Maximum Posts Allowed: 150 posts per player per Game Day (restriction is lifted 2 hours before EOD though, so if you've reached your max you can post again at that time).

3x Mafia Goon
    2x Town Jack Of All Trades (9x Doctor, 9x Motion Detector, 9x Tracker)
    10x Vanilla Townie

Note that the Jacks Of All Trades must use all three actions before repeating an action, i.e. they are rotating. This does not mean they must use the actions in the same order every time.

Relevant mechanics info
    - Votes are automatically locked in at LYLO.
    - Mafia factional kills are assigned. They can be tracked, watched, roleblocked, etc. (In this setup, that means they display as an action to the Tracker and the Motion Detector actions.)
    - Mafia share a factional Night Kill, which is a single standard shot for their faction. The mafia faction kill is mandatory.
    - Mafia may communicate at any time.
    - Each individual player may make a maximum of 150 posts per day phase (this restriction is lifted 2 hours before day end).
    - The game will have a host to oversee everything and make sure everyone’s following the code of conduct, but otherwise the game is completely automated (automatic votecounts, thread locks and reveals roles automatically, the bot receives and processes actions, etc.).

Doctor: Protects the target from kills on that night only (cannot self-protect)

Tracker: Learns who the target visited, but not what actions they did

Motion Detector: Detects motion involving the target on that night (finds motion if the target visited someone or was visited, with no distinction between the two)

JOAT Role PM:
    Role PM for Vanilla+ Champs Test Game -- Euro-Friendly!

You are Town Jack of All Trades (x9 Doctor, x9 Tracker, x9 Motion Detector). You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

Town Jack Of All Trades

As Town Jack Of All Trades, you have access to one or more night actions.

x9 Doctor

You have access to the Protection Night Action. Protection will protect your target from being killed. You will not learn whether you successfully protected someone. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used. You cannot target the same player on consecutive nights.

x9 Tracker

You have access to the Tracking Night Action. Tracking another player informs you who that player used a Night Action on that night, if any. You will not learn what type of Night Action your target has. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

x9

You have access to the Motion Detect Night Action. Motion Detecting another player will detect any motion surrounding that player that Night. If they visit someone or were visited by someone else, you will detect motion. If they did not visit anyone and were not visited by anyone, you will not detect motion. You will not learn what type of Night Action was used on or by your target or who used those actions. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

If you do not submit an action, you will forego your action on that day. Keep in mind that if you have multiple uses of your abilities, you must cycle through all of them before being allowed to reuse any of them.

Game Thread: ~

# REPRESENTATIVE COMMUNITY BACK-UP(S)
    1 @AXIS TarValon.Net
    2 @Captain Video The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe @Vault_Dweller
    3 @feitan Hallyu Plus
    4 @IainC Broken Forum
    5 @KZA Canucks Community @Master Radishes
    6 @The Mighty Quinn The Giraffe Boards [
    7 @Marshmallow Marshall SC2 Mafia @Magoroth
    8 @roundbox Flash Flash Revolution @plopadop
    9 @Sheppard LA Gaming Circle
    10 @SilverKeith MafiaLandia
    11 @SmartBomb Mafia Universe @dyachei (secondary @theknightsofneeee)
    12 @tonystarkprime HeroClix Realms @Jackofhearts2005
    13 @trentonlf GOG ZFR
    14 @Trustworthy Liberal Ultimate Dangan Werewolf
    15 @Zone Q11 Novel Updates

Spectate the game on our Discord server

Read more about this season here
    Last edited by Lissa; May 26th, 2020 at 03:26 AM. Reason: game thread prefix

2. ISO #2
    Community
    MiniMafia

1) AXIS

REPRESENTING: TarValon.net

NATIONALITY: Australian

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2015

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: TarValon.net

BIO:
    I’m Australian so I often come off unintentionally as brash but I’ve learned to moderate that somewhat.

I like to play aggressively and turn the heat up under players to get reads on them.

I like activity and am the top poster in my home community, but I like contributing posts. Fluff spammers will draw my vote.

My favourite role is Vanilla Town, as you get to aggressively scum hunt without having to worry about losing the town a role potentially.

My favourite memory in mafia is probably as mafia false counter-claiming Cop and convincing the town to kill the real cop. Still makes me smile.

2) Captain Video

REPRESENTING: The Skeptic's Guide to the Universe

NATIONALITY: USA

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2010

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: The Skeptics Guide to the Universe Forum (SGU)

BIO:
    “Superhero of the Silver Screen!”
    I sometimes play Mafia during downtime while on set.

I'm excited to be playing in the championship for the first time. I really like the tools available on this forum and I like meeting new players.

I'm used to playing this game with skeptics and they usually don't miss much, I believe I have been well trained. Our play style is a bit different as we often play unusual setups with long days and fewer posts but I do have experience with standard setups. I won't have any problems keeping up here. I’ll be online throughout most of the game, I have odd sleep patterns and no work.

I admit to being an outside the box player with either team which can often get me in trouble.
    I don't trust quiet shadow players but high post counts don't impress me either.

3) feitan

REPRESENTING: Hallyu Plus

NATIONALITY:

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2016?

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: onehallyu, allkpop, hallyu+, discord, tos

BIO:
    neutral supremacy, $%#! town, playing wolf makes my pits sweaty

4) IainC

REPRESENTING: Broken Forum

NATIONALITY: British

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 1990ish

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Broken Forum, Something Awful, Live and in person.

BIO:
    I'm Iain. I design video games for a living and take photos for fun. I live in Thailand currently which is a lot of fun, and I've lived practically everywhere else before this.

I've been playing various versions of Mafia for a long time, as story-telling games around campfires, and across the worldwide web in various forms. Everything I say can be taken in absolute trust, I never try to mislead and I am incapable of bluffing.

5) kza

REPRESENTING: Canucks Community

NATIONALITY: Canadian

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2016

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Canucks Community

BIO:
    Lol.

Dreams do come true.

I knew BJ was maf. Well nit right away of course. BW was in the pms. He was very constructive in his pms. Thats why i sed it was a game with in a game. Aladeen wanted him in the pms but was not happy mh involved him. I figured he wanted to know where bw stood. The pms really took away from the original game. People were easily led. So he was tp. Bw was left in the game for safe vote. But he didnt reveal baka. I made that out. 112 was so brazen. Her outburst and antics made her tp. Her false claims did very little but raise needless suspicion on other players. That would be stoopid for her to act that way with 2 maf left in play. That made her tp. Along with her outburst to quit playing lol. BJ played on BW and 112s hate on for me. He built up their tunnel vision. I thought it was BW at first then reread all bjs comments. But the 2 tps were so blinded. Even when I was saved...i told u all at my lynching that I was TP. No reason to lie... So regardless if I played this out and spit all this out. It would not have ended any different. Right? Lol gg.

6) Marshmallow Marshall

REPRESENTING: SC2 Mafia

NATIONALITY: French/Sc2Mafia...sh?

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): My first forum game was in 2017, but I had played before.

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Sc2 Mafia, MafiaUniverse, Mafiascum, Gare aux Garous, MafiaColosseum.

BIO:
    I'm a marshmallow. I'm also a marshall, with two "L"s. If you forget one, I will shoot you. If you try to eat me, I will also shoot you. But if you want to play mafia, anytime! I strongly believe that listening to Soviet music or real kpop improves the game experience and skill; this may have something to do with why I once claimed my role's real name in a hidden setup when the scum team had my name on it.
    More seriously, I like to experience the metas of different communities, and this event is amazing, so I'm very happy to participate!
    P.S. post #1610 is for me.

7) Roundbox

REPRESENTING: Flash Flash Revolution

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2003 on some silly Homestar Runner fan forums, and more seriously in 2007

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Flash Flash Revolution, Last Life, and those Homestar Runner forums I can't remember

BIO:
    Well, Seymour, I made it- despite your directions. Ah. Superintendent Chalmers. Welcome.

I hope you're prepared for an unforgettable luncheon.

Yeah. Oh, egads! My roast is ruined. But what if I were to purchase fast food and disguise it as my own cooking? Delightfully devilish, Seymour. Ah- Skinner with his crazy explanations The superintendent's gonna need his medication When he hears Skinner's lame exaggerations There'll be trouble in town tonight Seymour! Superintendent, I was just- uh, just stretching my calves on the windowsill. Isometric exercise. Care to join me? Why is there smoke coming out of your oven, Seymour? Uh- Oh. That isn't smoke. It's steam. Steam from the steamed clams we're having. Mmm. Steamed clams. Whew. Superintendent, I hope you're ready for mouthwatering hamburgers. I thought we were having steamed clams. D'oh, no. I said steamed hams. That's what I call hamburgers. You call hamburgers steamed hams? Yes. It's a regional dialect.

Uh-huh. Uh, what region? - Uh, upstate New York. Really. Well, I'm from Utica, and I've never heard anyone use the phrase "steamed hams. " Oh, not in Utica. No. It's an Albany expression. I see. You know, these hamburgers are quite similar to the ones they have at Krusty Burger. Oh, no. Patented Skinner burgers. Old family recipe.

For steamed hams.

Yes. Yes. And you call them steamed hams despite the fact that they are obviously grilled. Ye- You know, the- One thing I should- - Excuse me for one second.

Of course. Well, that was wonderful. A good time was had by all. I'm pooped. Yes. I should be- Good Lord! What is happening in there? - Aurora borealis.

Uh- Aurora borealis at this time of year at this time of day in this part of the country localized entirely within your kitchen? - Yes.

May I see it? No. Seymour. ! The house is on fire. ! No, Mother. It's just the northern lights. Well, Seymour, you are an odd fellow but I must say you steam a good ham.

8) Sheppard

REPRESENTING: LA Gaming Circle

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2016

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Town of Salem, IRL

BIO: I started playing werewolf/mafia at ALA 2017. My first game had a misdeal - 3 wolves in a group of 25 people. Day 1 and day 2 involved a lynch of two other wolves. As the remaining wolf, I navigated the next 3 hours for a clutch comeback. To this day there's some infamy about the game in the ALA gaming community, and I met people from there who regularly meet up to play to this day.

9) SilverKeith

REPRESENTING: MafiaLandia

NATIONALITY: Argentina

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2015

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: MafiaLandia, Fanficslandia, Mafia Universe, MyAnimeList, FurtherEntertainment, Pokexperto forums, and real life.

BIO:
    Hello everybody! I'm SilverKeith, an Argentinian player representing MafiaLandia, a Spanish Mafia site. My english isn't perfect so please have mercy on me. I have played over 100 games with a 50% winrate, but we mostly play for fun over here, so you'll realize I'm not a good player whatsoever. Nevertheless, I have my moments every once in a while, mostly when playing scum. I hope to get more experienced after playing here. See you soon! >>> This was my bio for last year. This year, $%#! you all. I somehow managed to become a worse player but I hope we can have some fun.

Ok that (last paragraph) was the 2017 bio, now this is the 2018 bio. I'll have mention the year on this thing otherwise it will become a mess. Soooo... this is my third year in a row! Not a lot has changed since past years tbh. I'm still the same person more or less, doing okay in uni, watching netflix, playing vidyas and occasionally reading. I somehow became an admin on my homesite. Right now I'm eating fruit salad and containing my hype for soccer world cup. Also my english has improved a little!

When it comes to mafia, I am now a mafia god. After making wildcards last year, my playstyle has improved to levels that are impossible for other players to even grasp. I have ascended and became more than a mafia player, I'm now a mafia being, a Quantum Keith that oscillates in perfect harmony in the mafia border of cowbois and woofs. I possess unlimited wisdom in mafia arts including the forbidden anglememe tells, advanced wagonomics science and the infinite ouroboros wifom. You shall now refer to me as Diamond Keith, Orichalcum Keith, Aether Keith, or SuperSilverGoatKeith (SSGK).

Enter a 2 year timeskip and we are now in 2020. I am now here for the fourth time. Everything above was my last year bio (and some out of context quotes about me I've left out because they $%#! up formatting). It's weird seeing this one specific bio changing in tone, following my evolution as a person and a mafia player. Things have gotten weird in my life in these two years. My homesite died over some /issues/, has become a Telegram/Discord community, and we're currently staying in another home. I worked a $%#!ty job last year which gave me anxiety and other problems. My 4 year relationship with my girlfriend ended. I switched career after years of self-sabotaging at university. After starting this year with the correct foot and full of optimism, quarantine $%#!ed up my plans. Such is life. I'm (actually) ok.

As for my mafia play, well...

Let's see if I still got it. Let's go big.

10) SmartBomb

REPRESENTING: Mafia Universe

NATIONALITY: Australian

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2011

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Neoseeker, Grey Dog Software, Mafia Universe, MiniMafia, Maidens of the Kaleidoscope [and depending on your definition, mafiascum and Dark Lord Potter

BIO:
    Ah $%#!. This isn't going to be as cute as the bio that Smartbomb wrote for me, is it.

Well... I can try my best. (especially without emoji seriously it's 2020 why does MU still not have emoji compliance i s2g)

I love Smartbomb. He's my best friend in the whole wide world. Have we really only known each other for three years? In the beginning, the Smartbomb I knew was a smol soft scared boy. I was his mentor, first in mafia and then outside of mafia, too. He trusted me, and asked me for advice when he needed it. Slowly, we moved in step with one another, and without needing to say anything we fell in love. Wow gay.

The Smartbomb y'all get to play with now has grown up so much since we first met. He is confident. He can speak with authority. He is assured of his own abilities. He has a very impressive wolf winrate hehehe. It's been so rewarding to watch Smartboi's transformation from a small blob-like creature into a calm, cool, focused, strategic player who is a great mentor in his own right. When people talk about how great Smartbomb is at helping other people in the same way that I've helped him before, my heart swells with pride. Honestly, I could trust him with my life. Uh, not in mafia, though. ;;

It's like Simon's glow up from TTGL except that Kamina didn't have to die first? Also, he didn't get a badass cape, just a maid outfit. Hehe.

We don't get to play mafia together anymore so I hope y'all enjoy playing this game with him because it's a special treat, ok.

I'm so proud of you, Smartbomb. I believe in you and your power. You can do anything you put your mind to, sweetie.

11) The Mighty Quinn

REPRESENTING: The Giraffe Boards

NATIONALITY:

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR):

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES:

BIO:

idk wtf im doing at this point im not creative enough for this $%#! i need to delegate

12) tonystarkprime

REPRESENTING: HeroClix Realms

NATIONALITY: American

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2012, 2016 On Forums

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: hcrealms, The Syndicate, Mafia Universe

BIO:
    Hey, I’m Iron Man, Blah blah blah. It usually gets shortened to Tony or TSP; I prefer TSP. As far as mafia goes, I just like playing. Nothing really to say stylistically.

About me not in mafia: I’m a perpetual student, working on degrees in mathematics, music, philosophy, and international political economy. When I’m not studying or playing mafia, I’m probably playing chess or guitar hero or writing a jokey essay. If you have anything interesting to share, please tell me! I love learning new things.

13) trentolf

REPRESENTING: GOG

NATIONALITY:

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): About 6 years ago

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES:

BIO:
    I've been playing forum mafia for about 6 years now. I prefer a Role Madness style game and to play on the Mafia side, but as long as the game is fun and emotions stay in check it's all good. I really enjoy the whole concept of the game, and it's always a blast to truly deceive people or figure out who is doing the deceiving.

When I asked some of my fellow players if they had anything they wanted to say about me I was given a couple of quotes "Don't talk about roles on Day 1. Don't hint about them. Just don't." and “Honest as a heartbeat.”

Now I really HATE role discussion Day 1, it's a distraction and can lead to someone revealing something they shouldn't, even though it seems to be inevitable that it will be discussed Day 1 almost every game.

The honest as a heartbeat quote I was told the comparison is Steinbeck’s. It suits the man.

Thanks for reading,

Joe

14) Trustworthy Liberal

REPRESENTING: Ultimate Dangan Werewolf

NATIONALITY: Canadian

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2018 on home server and 2010 for other forms

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Town of salem, Epic mafia, Tabletop Simulator, Mafia Universe, Throne of Lies Forums, mafiathesyndicate, Discord

BIO:
    I am simply a wild card. That's the best way to say I am sent here from my home site because of the enigma I am. Last year i gave a simple intro but a lot has changed in that year and this is a test of my skills that was my first ever forum mafia game. It ended in myself being Lynched Day 2 and being super overwhelmed but am still stand by and am the strongest person my home site has to offer here.

Now I am standing before you all ready to play in this grand tournament. Some I know but most i have never played with the one thing to take away here is i might sound weird. I talk a lot differently than most being from a home site where we use Voice>Text and it shows. But again i am standing in front of you all to show that i have EVOLVED and that i WILL win this game no matter how much it takes and with every part of my being will be at play here even parts that i have yet to use and strategies that even those that have played multiple games with me have yet to see.

So once more I stand before you, the representative and one of the people responsible for our community being alive. An enigma to most and a trusted friend to those that know me.

Let’s play a clean game, all have fun and lastly I DARE the mafia to kill me cause once an Enigma is revealed everything around them will come crashing down.

Close friend wanted me to link this song due to "This is totally you" kinda things.
    https://youtu.be/Dbe0Id860_w?t=80

15) Zone Q11

REPRESENTING: Novel Updates Forum

NATIONALITY: Dutch, Former Indonesian.

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): Same story as 2018; Had to look up my answer from previous Seasons; it was 2016. No, Zone Q11 from 2018, I don't feel old yet. I only feel more reckless and more crazier than ever.

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Novel Updates Forum, Mafia Universe, Imperium42 (AKA Throne of Lies), PokeBeach, ChiefDelphi (even if the entire concept of FMs are banned when I played, I still played there once), Mafia451 (also only played once, as continuation from the one time in ChieDelphi), Mafia Colosseum. ...wow, 2 years can make a lot of difference, can't they?

BIO:
    Summarized BIO Championship S4:
    - [Insert Newbie BIO]
    - I like playing as Mafia Goon, as they have the information avaible to manipulate others.

Summarized BIO Championship S5:
    - [Insert Idiot Tunneler BIO]
    - I still like to play as a Mafia more than I do as a Town. They still have more information to work with.

BIO Championship S7:
    - [Insert Hypocrite BIO]
    - I gave S6 to Fossil to broaden his horizons. Dunno whether it changed anything or not.
    - When I rand Town, I YELL a lot. When I rand Mafia, I act more defensive. I am self-aware of this fact, and yet I somehow can't change it.
    - Note: I hate it that I have to WRITE IN CAPITAL LETTERS every time I rand Town, to prove I am Town. Still, it's conveniently also the fastest way to prove my alignment.
    - I like swearing when I am stressed. It puts me at ease and strengthens my Town meta. Please put me in a toxic game.
    - S4 and S5 I said I like being Mafia Goon. Both times I randed Mafia Goon, both times Mafia won. See the pattern yet? My only regret is that it's Goon instead of a Power Role, but it was still fun! XD

FM Portfolio; https://bit.ly/3erYt18
    Last edited by Lissa; May 26th, 2020 at 03:00 PM. Reason: sheppard submitted his bio like a month ago and I lost it

3. ISO #3
    Community
    MiniMafia

While Mafia Universe runs on vBulletin, we have many custom-made features that you may not have seen anywhere else. Read this guide to learn about them.

The animated images are set to load on click to lessen the load on mobile users.

How do I vote for a player? (Vote // Reply With Vote)

To vote for a player, click the Checked Box icon located in the Post Reply toolbar. A dropdown list of all live players will appear. Select a username to be automatically placed within the Vote BBCode ([V]USERNAME[/V]). When you vote for a new player, the old vote will be automatically removed to make room.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/nkmX4ov.gif
    Click to load this image

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/UNJ2vU2.gif
    Click to load this image

How do I unvote / remove a vote from a player? (Unvote)

To manually unvote and set yourself as Not voting, click the Unchecked Box icon located in the Post Reply toolbar. The username currently being voted for will automatically be placed within the Unvote BBCode ([UNV]USERNAME[/UNV]). The username is optional.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/cqBeZGf.gif
    Click to load this image

What is Vote History? // How do I view all votes cast throughout the game? (Vote History)

Vote History is an ordered list of all votes cast in the game. To view all votes cast throughout the game, click Vote History located in the Game Tools navbar, or below a vote count post. The Vote History page contains instructions on how to filter votes cast.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/oQ1U4JI.gif
    Click to load this image

How do I request a vote count? // How do I view the current votes cast? (Post Votecount)

To generate a current Votecount in-thread, click Post Votecount located in the Game Tools navbar at the top and bottom of the thread.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/7KzsQXW.gif
    Click to load this image

How do I submit a Night Action in an automated game? (Automated Games)

In automated games, you may submit your actions by scrolling to the bottom of the thread and selecting your target(s) from a dropdown list using the Night Action Form for the each action. When you have selected a target, press Submit, and your current target will be changed to the player you selected. Note: Some actions process instantly and cannot be edited, such as Day Kills.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/fusXh6j.gif
    Click to load this image

What is the Thread Summary? // How do I find important game events? // Can I view all Phase updates in one location? (Thread Summary)

The Thread Summary is a list of important events, such as Start and End of Phase, within the thread. Most games will generate them automatically, but hosts, moderators and thread creators can add them for their own events. To view a list of all significant events throughout the game, click Thread Summary located in the Game Tools navbar. A dropdown of all events deemed significant by the Host, including each Phase Update, will be listed.

Alternatively, check the OP and other reserved posts at the beginning of the thread. The [SUMMARY][/SUMMARY] BBCode automatically inserts the thread summary into the post wherever it appears.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/EhHSyl6.gif
    Click to load this image

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/rAEpW1z.gif
    Click to load this image

What is an ISO? // How do I search a single player's posts? (ISO)

An ISO is a search that contains all of one user's posts in that thread. To search for a single player's posts in the thread, click ISO ( short for Isolate) located at the top right of any one of their posts.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/eNDvDMB.gif
    Click to load this image

What is Multi-ISO? // How can I search by more than one user? (Multi-ISO)

A Multi-ISO is a search that contains all posts by multiple users within the thread. It can also be used as a convenient way to ISO a player without finding one of their posts to find an ISO button. To search posts by one or more users at a time, click Multi-ISO located in the Game Tools navbar at the top of the thread. Then, select one or more usernames and click Submit.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/VuOv8Rm.gif
    Click to load this image

What are Bookmarks? // How do I save a post so I can easily access it later? (Bookmarking)

Bookmarks are color-coded notes you can attach to each post for later use. Only you can see your Bookmarks. To save an important post, click Bookmark located at the top right of any single post. Select a color that appears to the right of said post, and enter a note. To remove a saved post, click Un-Bookmark located at the top right of any Bookmarked post.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/OoDuwuM.gif
    Click to load this image

To view all Bookmarks in the thread, click Bookmarks in the Game Tools navbar at the top of the thread.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/uyoJyNB.gif
    Click to load this image

To view all Bookmarks created in all threads, click My Bookmarks located in the Features menu at the top of the page.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/QBhqDUc.gif
    Click to load this image

What is Notepad // Can I write and save notes for a specific game? (Notepad)

The Notepad is a tool you can use for writing and saving notes for games that you are playing. Access it by clicking the Pen icon in the top right of your screen.

If you click it, you will see a Notepad dialog box. This Notepad saves notes for the current game. Only you can see your notes, and only you can edit them, via the same button.

If you do not want to use it, you can disable the icon via a button in the toolbar at the top of the thread.

Note that the disable feature is remembered by the browser, so you will need to disable it on each device if you want to hide it completely.

How do I view all players currently alive? (Living Players List)

To view (and Insert) a list of all players currently alive, click the Crowd icon located in the Post Reply toolbar. A dropdown list of all live players will appear.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/AM2TEez.gif
    Click to load this image

How do I link a specific post in the thread? (POSTNUM)

To link to a specific post without copying the link itself, click the Arrow icon located in the Post Reply toolbar and place the specific post's # within the [POSTNUM] BBCode tags.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/swNxcqd.gif
    Click to load this image

How do I jump between Game Threads (Graveyard / Mafia / Mason / ...) without opening PMs? (Game Threads)

To visit any Game-related threads you have access to, open the Game Threads dropdown in the navbar above any Game-related thread. Every thread will become accessible in the post-game.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/JEG88HG.gif
    Click to load this image
    WHAT THE $%#! DOES "WTF" MEAN?

Are you not familiar with some of the terminology used by the other players? Maybe this will help you: TERMINOLOGY EXPLANATIONS.
    MAFIA GAME RULES
    Rules may vary from community to community, so we highly advise you to carefully read these rules.

• Only post/talk about the game in this thread. Don't PM other players, unless you are mafia and wish to talk with your teammates. Also, don't post anything about the game in other threads or on other forums.
    • Don't try to use the form of your role PM. So a screenshot of your role PM would be cheating.
    • You are not allowed to change your avatar, location or any other profile info during game in any way that could be construed as hinting at your role.
    • This is a game of lying. Players are expected to lie. No statement or promise a player makes within the game has any force outside the game. As an example, a bet offered in a game is not something you can collect if you win.
    • If we believe you to be bending the rules intentionally in a way that clearly goes against the spirit of the rules and the game, then that would also be grounds for modkill.
    • If you have any questions about rules, send a PM to your host. Avoid asking questions to the host in the thread.
    • Don't ever refer to private communications with the Game Host.
    • If you should ever require a replacement, PM Lissa and stop posting in the thread.
    • No hydra'ing / multi-accounting is allowed. Do not share your account with anyone else.
    • You are not allowed to reference the post-game voting during the game. I.e. you cannot post "if you lynch me, you're not getting my vote after the game" or anything like that.
    • Treat your fellow players with respect. Hostility will not be tolerated.

Refer to this post for the complete, standard ruleset for mafia games.

I will repeat this particular rule once more in big letters to make sure you understand:

DO NOT EVER REFERENCE THIS GAME OUTSIDE OF THIS GAME THREAD. YOU SHOULD NOT BE TALKING ABOUT THIS GAME WHATSOEVER ON YOUR HOME SITE. IF PEOPLE ASK YOU QUESTIONS, TELL THEM YOU CAN'T TALK ABOUT THE GAME AND LINK THEM TO THIS THREAD.
    MINIMUM ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS
    All players are required to make a minimum of 10 posts per game day.

The game hosts and tournament organizers reserve all rights to immediately sub out any player not meeting this requirement, regardless of whether or not the player has met the requirement on previous days. Similarly, if players are only meeting this requirement by spamming and/or posting in the last hour of the day, that and similar circumstances would also be cause for substitution.

If players aren't posting, the tournament organizers will always first try to prod the players in question.

SUBSTITUTION PROCEDURE
    If your representative needs to sub out during a QUALIFIER, your community's backup will take their place, assuming 1) you've elected one, 2) they've registered a user on Mafia Universe, and 3) that I'm able to get a hold of them within a reasonable amount of time (i.e. with enough time left in the current phase for the sub to work with).

If I can't get a hold of your backup, I will give the spot to a representative from a community that joined the series late - or failing that, a backup from one of the larger communities.

If your representative needs to sub out during a SEMIFINAL or FINALE game, your community's backup will NOT take their place. Instead the next person who was in line to receive a semifinal or finale spot will take their place.
    DISCLAIMER ALERT
    The beauty of the Mafia Championship is that it brings communities closer together, and it provides an opportunity for players to learn new playstyles, metas and mechanics. And hopefully make new friends as well.

All that being said, the games can also very quickly become overwhelming and frustrating since you probably won't be able to play completely in the same way that you're used to. You don't necessarily need to adapt, but you will probably need to accept that some of the other players will have a different approach to the game than you.

We hope that you will embrace this as part of the experience. It's easy to grow frustrated with people when you don't know them (imagine how you would have felt playing with your friends on your home site if you didn't know any of them when you played your first game together), so a huge part of playing in the Championship is also getting to know the other players in some way.

Specifically, the seasons have taught us that you should be prepared for:
    • A very high level of activity. On average, there will be 500-600 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game in qualifier games, and likely more in semifinal/finale games. This is a melting pot of dedicated and enthusiastic players all gathered in one game.
    • You will likely face very different posting styles: Some will post walls of texts with many quotes, some will post a ton of one-liners, and some people will be very keen to interact in real-time in the thread (using the thread as a chat rather than a thread you pop into a few times a day).
    • A flurry of activity towards the end of the day. This means that if you check out 5 hours before the day ends, you should not be surprised to return the next day to see that the wagons were changed multiple times. If you want your vote to count, be careful to not agree to a game where you can never be around for EOD.
    • A few players in your game will probably have played with each other before. This has become impossible to prevent as increasingly many players have played on Mafia Universe.
    • We do not condone abusive remarks and we have banned several communities from participating based on this before, but each season features dozens of new communities, so there is always a slight risk that you might encounter abusive players. If you do, please report them and we'll take care of it.

Past seasons have shown that players get more enjoyment out of the games when they make connections with the other players, so we highly encourage you to join our Discord server either before or after the game.

Finally, we encourage you to at least skim some of the season 6 games to get a sense of how the games usually play out: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...mmunity-Events

4. ISO #4
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Game Information »
    Season 7, Game 7: Dr. Town and Mr. Mafia [The Mafia Championship]: Game Information!

This is an automated game of Mafia.

Setup - 15 Players

x3 Mafia Goon
    x10 Vanilla Town
    x2 Town Jack of All Trades (x9 Doctor, x9 Tracker, x9 Motion Detector)
    • POST RESTRICTION: You may only post 150 times per Day phase. This restriction will be lifted 2 hours before phase end.
    • Majority will be in effect starting Day 2. Day 2 onward will end the instant a majority is reached.
    • Town wins when all threats to Town have been eliminated.
    • Mafia factions win when they achieve Parity and all other evil factions have been eliminated at any time.
    • Votes are automatically locked in at LYLO.
    • No Lynching is enabled. Vote for No Lynch to forgo a lynch that Day.
    • Mafia factional kills are mandatory. Mafia must submit a factional kill each night, or a player outside their faction will be chosen at random.
    • Mafia factional kills are assigned. They can be tracked, watched, or roleblocked.
    • Mafia share a factional Night Kill, which is a single standard shot for their faction.
    • Mafia may communicate at any time.
    • Tied votes will result in a player being lynched at random from among the tied players.

Phase Lengths

Days are 48 hours in length. Nights are 24 hours in length.

Players

@AXIS
    @Captain Video
    @feitan
    @IainC
    @KZA
    @Marshmallow Marshall
    @roundbox
    @Sheppard
    @SilverKeith
    @SmartBomb
    @The Mighty Quinn
    @tonystarkprime
    @trentonlf
    @Trustworthy Liberal
    @Zone Q11

FAQ

Are you unsure about how actions are processed or how roles interact with each other? Then read more here:

ORDER OF OPERATIONS

Night actions are processed in this order:

Strongman kills
    Roleblocks
    Jails
    Doctors
    Bodyguards
    Kills
    Investigations
    Backups

When an action was submitted during the night will never matter when the actions are processed.

ACTION FEEDBACK

These are the results you will get when you submit certain actions.

Non-investigative roles when they submit an action (they also receive this if they are roleblocked):

Your action on Player A was received.
    Investigative actions return results even if the target dies on the same night.

Actions that count as visits are counted as visits even if the actor dies on the same night.

Investigative roles (Tracker, Cop, etc.) when roleblocked:

Your action on Player B did not return any results.
    Trackers when tracking a person that didn't visit anyone (or if they targeted a Ninja):

Player C did not visit anyone.
    Watchers when watching a person that wasn't visited by anyone (or only visited by a Ninja):

Player D was not visited by anyone.
    Alignment Cop when investigating a town-aligned player (or a Godfather):

Player E is Town
    Watcher when watching a person that was visited by multiple people:

Player F was visited by Player G, Player H, Player I
    FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

How do I submit my action?
    Use the form below the game thread. If your role has a night action, the form will only be visible during night phases. It's not possible to submit actions in advance of the night phase.

What does it mean if the Mafia Host says that night kills are assigned?
    In games with this setting turned on, the member of the mafia team that made the most recent night kill submission will be the one assigned to the kill, which means that the kill can be blocked if a Town Roleblocker or Town Jailkeeper target the mafia player in question. Similarly, the kill can be tracked and watched by Town Trackers and Town Watchers. If this setting isn't turned on, then it doesn't matter who the last person to submit the mafia kill is, as the kill is unblockable and untrackable in this case.

Where do I find example role PM's?
    This thread contains example role PM's for all roles currently supported by the Modbot as well as information on the various modifiers. Here you will find the answers to a lot of questions not covered in this FAQ section.

Which roles can self-target?
    Only Watchers are able to use their ability on themselves at night. This means that Doctors or Jailkeepers aren't able to protect themselves, for example.

Which roles are not able to target the same players on consecutive nights?
    Doctors, Jailkeepers, and Roleblockers are not allowed to target the same player twice in a row. Everyone else is, including Bodyguards. Note that this non-consecutive restriction still holds true even if one of these three roles were blocked the night before when targeting the person that they're attempting to target again.

What happens if Jailkeeper A and Jailkeeper B or Roleblocker A and Roleblocker B target each other (and are not targetted by other blockers)?
    In the case of Jailkeepers, they will block and protect each other. In the case of Roleblockers, they also block each other. This means that the two players are trackable to each other that night by Trackers and Watchers. It also means that if one of them is mafia and happens to simultaneously be the one submitting the factional kill that night in a game with assigned kills, then this kill is blocked. This same principle applies to longer loops. I.e. in a A > B > C > D > A loop, everyone is blocked.

What happens if Jailkeeper A targets Roleblocker B who targets Jailkeeper A?
    Jailkeeper A will be blocked in this scenario. Refer to the order of operations: Roleblocks process before jails.

What happens if Jailkeeper A targets Roleblocker B who targets Player C?
    As stated above, roleblocks process before jails, so Roleblocker B will successfully block Player C. I.e. Jailkeeper A will fail to block Roleblocker B, but will still protect Roleblocker B.

What happens if Jailkeeper A targets Jailkeeper B and Jailkeeper B targets Jailkeeper C (who isn't targeting any of the former two)?
    In this case, Jailkeeper A would prevent Jailkeeper B's block from occuring, meaning that Jailkeeper C's action is not blocked.

If an X-Shot role is blocked while using a shot, do they lose that shot forever?
    Yes. A 1-shot Vigilante being blocked while attempting to kill someone will not have their shot refunded.

If someone with a Strongman modifier kills Player A who is protected by Bodyguard B, who dies?
    Player A will die, and Bodyguard B will survive.

Can a mafia team choose not to kill anyone during a night?
    The host can determine this using the Mafia Factional Kill setting. Kills can be mandatory, optional, or disabled altogether.

The default is No. The mafia factional kill is compulsory. This is done in order to avoid deadlocked games where the town keeps no lynching and the mafia refuses to submit a kill. If the game has assigned kills, it will be randomized which member of the team is carrying out the kill.

If there is only one mafia member left in a game without assigned kills, can the mafia factional kill then be blocked and/or tracked?
    No.

Can the mafia submit a kill for one of their own members?
    No.

If I kill someone, does their night action, if they have one, still succeed?
    Yes, killing someone doesn't prevent them from performing their night action (unless they investigated someone, in which case they will not receive a report). Refer to the order of operations: All kills happen at the end of the night, and everyone pulls the trigger simultaneously.

Can individual night actions be proxied on mafia teams?
    No. If the mafia team has a Mafia Roleblocker, for example, and they want to use this role's action, then the player occupying that slot must submit the action themselves.

If a Lover is shot during the night, while the other Lover is protected that night, does the other Lover still die?
    Yes. It's not possible to prevent a Lover from dying of love sickness.

If a Bodyguard protects Lover A, while Lover B is shot during that same night, what happens?
    A dies of love sickness and Bodyguard lives.

If there are any Innocent Childs in the game, are these confirmed in the thread right when the game begins?
    No. Innocent Childs are able to decide themselves when or if they wish to have the Modbot confirm their role and alignment in the thread. Note that this is exclusively a day action and that it can take up to one minute for the Modbot to process the action.

What results are Alignment Cops, Full Cops and Role Cops given if they investigate a Godfather or a Miller?
    Alignment Cops are told "Town" for Godfathers and "Mafia" for Millers. Full Cops are told "Vanilla Town" for Godfathers and "Mafia Goon" for Millers. Role Cops are told "Godfather" for Godfathers and "Miller" for Millers.

Can Role Cops tell the difference between a Vanilla Town and Mafia Goon?
    No. They are told "Vanilla" when investigating either of these two roles.

If I roleblock someone with a Bulletproof Vest, will that nullify the effect of the vest?
    No. Bulletproof Vests are passive modifiers that cannot be blocked from working.

If I roleblock Masons, Neighbors or Lovers with out of thread communication privileges, can I prevent them from talking at night?
    No.

If I roleblock a Godfather, will they still be revealed as being town-aligned to Alignment Cops and Full Cops that night?
    Yes.

Are you wondering about how to vote, submit night actions or multi-isolate players? Read about this and more here:

HOW TO VOTE

Our forum votes for someone by using the vote tags: [V]Thingyman[/V]. Preview:

##Vote Thingyman

Make sure that you spell out the full, correct name. Abbreviations or misspelled names will not be registered by the Modbot.

To unvote, use the tags: [UNV][/UNV] . When unvoting you do not need to enter the name of the person that you are unvoting. Preview:

##Unvote

VOTING BUTTONS

You can also quickly vote for someone by clicking on the box with a checkmark icon, which will bring up an alphabetized dropdown containing the names of living players:

This will insert [V][/V] tags with the name of the player you selected in the dropdown, perfect every time.

Click the empty checkbox button to insert [UNV][/UNV].
    HOW TO SUBMIT NIGHT ACTIONS

If you have a night action, simply submit this at night by scrolling to the bottom of the game thread. Here you will find a night action form like this:

Click the dropdown and select the player whom you wish to use your night action on. You can change it as many times as you wish before the deadline expires.
    HOW TO REQUEST A VOTECOUNT

Votecounts will appear automatically at various intervals, but you can also call up votecounts yourself by following these steps:

First, you need to apply to join "Mafia Game Hosts" under Permission Groups.

Second, once your request has been approved, you will be able to call up votecounts by simply pushing the "Post Votecount" button in the top right corner of any game thread that you'd like an updated votecount for.

OTHER SPECIAL FEATURES

VIEWING VOTE HISTORY

There are three ways to access the vote history for any game.

1. Click on the "Vote History" button in the top right corner of the game thread:

2. Click on the "View Vote History" link, which accompanies all votecounts:

3. Click on Modbot in the top forum menu. This will give you a list of ongoing and completed games:

Next, simply click on "Vote History" to view all votes for that game.

Following any of the above three steps will bring you to an overview like this one:

Click on a Voter's username to view all of the votes by their slot.

Click on a Target's username to view all of the votes for their slot.

ISOLATING A PLAYER'S POSTS

If you wish to read a player's posts in isolation, simply click on "ISO" in the top right corner of one of that player's posts in the relevant thread as illustrated here:

Alternatively, you can access a player's posts in isolation by clicking on the number next to "Replies:" in the forum lobby.

Doing so will pull up a window listing the post counts for everyone who has posted in that thread. You access someone's posts in isolation by simply clicking on the number next to "Posts:" for that person.

The ISO view itself has Quote and Multi-Quote buttons inside it, which will make it very easy to quickly quote a lot of a player's posts for analysis or commentary:

MULTI-ISOLATING

If you wish to read not just one player's posts, but you want to ISO multiple players, then click the "Multi ISO" button to the left of "Game Tools" and select the players in question as shown here:

MULTI-QUOTING WHILE THREAD IS LOCKED

Note that you can multi-quote posts from even locked game threads. This is useful for when you wish to reread the game and do work during night phases.

After quoting the relevant posts, you simply open a different, opened thread and press "Go Advanced". Then add the quotes to your post by clicking the prompt below the post area as shown here:

Now, of course you can't post your work in the game thread while the thread is locked, but you can copy paste and save your work to a local file or the cloud and have it ready to post the very next day phase (if you're still alive, that is).