Timezone
    UTC+03:00
    AKA
    lendun
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Treestump mode

Hello!

Recently I ran a manual game with treestumps and since treestumps were counted as "dead" players in my game, the majority would have to be lowered by 1. I made an announcement in the thread about this, but unfortunately, one of my players didn't see it, which resulted in them majjing a townie and giving mafia the win. Even though the situaton was already bad for town, the only reason why the townie was majjed was because the correct amount of votes needed for a maj wasn't displayed in the modbot votecount.

So, I propose this. In the Manage Deaths page, add an option for treestumps (sort of like how the "alive" status can be changed for every player). By default, it would be set to "Not stumped". IF you change it to "Stumped", the player's ability to vote is removed, the amount of votes needed for a maj is reduced and the player is removed from the votecount. I'm not sure if this is how it works with modbot in automated games with treestumps (I'll make a test game later), but I think it's a good idea. It would remove the need to make an announcement in the game thread about the maj votes changing and since the whole point of modbot in manual games is to handle votecounts and lynches, the host wouldn't have to wake up to 23 pings from players asking for a flip because a player got non-Modbot majjed.

Any thoughts or feedback? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#747)

2. ISO #2
    Community
    MiniMafia // Smogon
    Step one: have a spoilered tagged playerlist on any large announcements you make. If they miss it becomes their fault not yours ezpz

Step two: When I wanted to use the treestump mechanic through modbot, I was randing games as automated and using the treestump role. Worked great for me in any Forest Fire iteration, just have to know what you’re doing when it comes to settings and processing actions manually in an automated game. And suppressing role PMs. You can check out those games to see how modbot handled treestumps

Step three: Don’t run games with manual games with non-modbot majjs, that sounds awful. That parts on you.
    Voxx GOAT

3. ISO #3
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Kongregate FGF
    AKA
    nikeas
    i'm all for a "stumped: yes/no" option in the manage deaths page (maybe separate "is alive?" "can vote?" "can post?" to make vengeful spirits viable) since it would be treestumpers viable

but your problem can be simply solved by randing a Treestump role from the rolelist - it works even if you set it to a manual game
    Quote Originally Posted by Precarious
    nikeas never host a mafia again please
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomb
    these is one of those bands where I really can't comprehend how people like them. like every single thing about them is grating to me. more power to you if you do but damn, it's like basically nails on a chalkboard to me

4. ISO #4
    Community
    MafiaManiac
    That game had a role that could turn people into treestumps who didn't start out as such.

No disagreement with anything else Empoof said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett (#1873)
    Insaner living up to his name tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Litten (#136)
    Just remember that no matter what happens, this wasn’t your fault.

5. ISO #5
    Timezone
    Community
    Kongregate FGF
    AKA
    nikeas
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaner (#4)
    That game had a role that could turn people into treestumps who didn't start out as such.

No disagreement with anything else Empoof said.
    lend didn't really state that
    treestumpers goat

i still stand by adding a "can post yes/no" option in manage deaths that can overwrite death, it just needs to automatically flip from yes to no when marking someone dead so that people dont confuse themselves and dont let people post while dead without explicit permission
    Quote Originally Posted by Precarious
    nikeas never host a mafia again please
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomb
    these is one of those bands where I really can't comprehend how people like them. like every single thing about them is grating to me. more power to you if you do but damn, it's like basically nails on a chalkboard to me

6. ISO #6
    Timezone
    Community
    Kongregate
    How about hosts unmuting players that have died?
    It would allow for "bah" posts, too.
    Finding out who you are is important.
    How to slank in Mafia games -- share your experiences!

7. ISO #7
    Community
    MiniMafia // Smogon
    Hosts can mute players, I think?
    Never tried to unmute a dead player, I assume you can’t. You can definitely mute loving players as a host in your games though
    Voxx GOAT

8. ISO #8
    τη καλλίστη Makaze's Avatar Administrator
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Serenes Forest
    AKA
    Mak Daddy
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Quote Originally Posted by mendel (#6)
    Never tried to unmute a dead player, I assume you can’t. You can definitely mute loving players as a host in your games though
    This is correct. Muting has no effect on the dead (unless they are stumped).
    I hold you in the highest regard, my friends.

[12:09 pm] Cory Curren: remember that we are marking down all of your reads to hold for our personal amusement
    [12:09 pm] Cory Curren: anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of lol

9. ISO #9
    Timezone
    Community
    Kongregate
    Quote Originally Posted by Empoof (#7)
    Quote Originally Posted by mendel (#6)
    This is correct. Muting has no effect on the dead (unless they are stumped).
    Yes, the idea was to simply enable that, which means there is no need to mess with the role system, and it would be a versatile way to introduce non-players (e.g. as ghosts) into the game if hosts could allow anyone to post in a game thread.
    Finding out who you are is important.
    How to slank in Mafia games -- share your experiences!