Page 95 of 99 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,750 of 4912

Thread: Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship]

  1. ISO #4701
    Thread Analyst twomillionbucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    442
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    boardgamegeek
    Gender
    I thought dawn and I were likely to end up alive together, since I've expressed that Dawn is probably good most of the game and Dawn is suspicious of me. The utility of having the two of us in a final three together is obvious regardless of HD's true alignment.

  2. ISO #4702
    Thread Analyst Grumproro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    252
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    The Avocado
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by twomillionbucks (#4700)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumproro (#4699)
    Quote Originally Posted by twomillionbucks (#4698)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumproro (#4697)
    I think we are on opposite sides of the spectrum. I prefer to only vote when I feel as sure as I can that the person I'm voting for should be day killed. You use votes to try and build your investigation, and you're saying that it is your final vote that really counts in terms of who you truly suspect. You say that me withholding a vote to gain insight or only voting once a day is suspicious. I say that your vote jumping is suspicious. This is your normal style then?
    I think it's my normal style.
    It's difficult for me to read, I can't deny that, because I do think this voting style could be a benefit to wolves when it obscures the voting history.

    Can I ask...did you expect Michelle to die?
    BUT IT DOESN'T OBSCURE VOTING HISTORY. The voting history is right there. Anyone can read it. I think your approach has the downside that you never put your money anywhere your mouth is until the very end.

    I dunno, I kinda wondered if you would die.
    Ok...I disagree. Sorry. I'm trying to be generous because your style is different than mine while showing you my perspective. I'll stop now.

  3. ISO #4703
    Automatic Game Mod Mafia Host's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    209,045
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship] Day 8 Votecount

    Town must eliminate correctly today.

    Votes are locked. Your first vote is final. Day ends immediately upon majority or when everyone has cast a vote.

    Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    3 Not voting Grumproro (19), twomillionbucks (19), HumanDawn (7)


    View Vote History

    End day at majority is enabled. With 3 players alive, it takes 2 votes to reach majority.

    Day 8 ends at 4:00 PM EDT on Tuesday, June 30th, 2020. There are 1593547260000 remaining.

    Posted at 0 days, 23 hours, 38 minutes, 59 seconds remaining.

  4. ISO #4704
    Thread Analyst HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    652
    Community
    Bulbagarden
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by twomillionbucks (#4676)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumproro (#4672)
    So I'm alone in thinking Million was trying to save Colin and was then forced to bus him after Pilica claimed?
    I was not forced to vote Colin. HumanDawn was a safe vote after the claim. You might reply that I couldn't have voted Human then because I was reading him as good, but that's the point. I wouldn't have read HumanDawn as good if I was evil.
    Yeah, this is another thing that gives me pause about voting you. It feels like I could have been an easy vote down the line, and at one point, you even went to my homesite to defend how I could misinterpret some things with how things are quoted in this site compared to my homesite! Unless your strategy was to pocket me hard, but even then, was I worth pocketing at that point in Day 2 with my suspicion on Colin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grumproro (#4677)
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn (#4674)
    If it's your playstyle then that just makes you a harder player to read than everyone else... I don't consider not voting who you said was your top suspect a playstyle thing. I will admit that some votes can be seen like that, and twomillionbucks has caught my eye for doing it at times I don't think it should be done. In a way I feel like I'm dealing with two people who are claiming opposing playstyles... yikes...

    Quote Originally Posted by Grumproro (#4672)
    So I'm alone in thinking Million was trying to save Colin and was then forced to bus him after Pilica claimed?
    That was something I had already considered before, and I go a bit deeper about it here. I can't deny it, but the thing is I also found your lack of revote on Elbereth early Day 4 questionable so I'm kind of trying to find the bigger evil of two (one?) evils here. You mention the votes changing from Pilica to Colin, but you were still on the Pilica vote at the end of Day 2. Why didn't you vote Colin at that time, or me?
    I mean, yeah, you're not wrong about that. I can't say anything to convince you it's my style, but I also can't give you another answer because it's just the truth.

    I didn't move off Pilica because I didn't react fast enough before the thread closed.
    Again, your style can be whatever, but in the end you still did not vote your top suspect until later on.

    You could have simply unvoted - Elbereth hammered Colin in the last few seconds, too. I didn't pay much attention to it before but with it being F3 I have to be pickier.

  5. ISO #4705
    Thread Analyst HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    652
    Community
    Bulbagarden
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumproro (#4678)
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn (#4675)
    I agree that placeholder votes when the player has a clear top suspect doesn't make sense, but I'm not seeing how that applies to you when you didn't vote somebody other than Elbereth? With Eric it was also a unique case because at one point he voted for himself. Hmm, if you were a wolf, you might have cared more because you didn't want to risk Elbereth getting lynched. It would be pretty easy to shade Elbereth Day 3 because of the EricKline suspicion taking over. A wolf can hope that EricKline flipping Town incriminates somebody other than Elbereth.
    If I voted Elbereth right away, I worried we'd be in a situation, again, where Elbereth was the clear kill that day too early so everyone would end up dancing around her and making artificial votes elsewhere to avoid the hammer, which would lead to useless data the following day. This seems counterproductive me, and I really didn't get it on day 3. I actually agree with you what you're saying about Eric on day 3. It would be a relatively safe time to vote Elbereth because of that, which is exactly what I didn't want people to get away with on day 4. If you think I was trying to distance on day 3 with my Elbereth vote, that's an argument I can actually live with because it isn't a misunderstanding of style, but it isn't true, and I was doing a lot more than just voting for her or saying I agreed with others reads of her. If you look at my posts that day I was very focused on questioning her and pointing out all the confusing/suspicious things she was doing. I was building a case for everyone to see so that they would agree with me and also vote for her. The distancing vote I see that day is Million. On day 4, after Rula made his very good case against Elbereth, I think it looked even worse for her, so it makes sense that he would vote for her after that.

    I guess at this point all I can ask you to do is look at my day 3 posts again and compare them to Million's. Who looks like they're really investigating and who looks like they're distancing? I'll be doing the same with day 3 and day 4 to see if there's anything that makes me think differently of you or Million.
    If they unvoted Elbereth and voted somebody else, I wouldn't think it is useless data. It would still be something worth digging into to see the reasoning between vote changes. I understand being unsure of who to vote and voting later like with Psycho666Soldier vs. hey_monkey, but Elbereth was your top suspect regardless. My issue with you checking out if players were interested in voting her or not with your case is that you sounded very certain that Elbereth was Mafia to go so far... which again, doesn't make sense to me unless you had mechanical proof that Elbereth was Mafia herself.

    I'll look at Day 3 tomorrow after work because it's getting late here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grumproro (#4679)
    Quote Originally Posted by twomillionbucks (#4676)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumproro (#4672)
    So I'm alone in thinking Million was trying to save Colin and was then forced to bus him after Pilica claimed?
    I was not forced to vote Colin. HumanDawn was a safe vote after the claim. You might reply that I couldn't have voted Human then because I was reading him as good, but that's the point. I wouldn't have read HumanDawn as good if I was evil.
    Here's how I see it:

    If the wolves hadn't bused Colin in that moment, and he had lived and HumanDawn died, he would have surely been the front runner to die the next day, and that would have made you look extra bad for moving to HumanDawn (who would have died and flipped town) whether you had said you suspected him earlier in the day or not. Basically, what I'm saying is, I think it was the smart play to bus Colin in that moment. The wolves tried, and almost succeeded, in saving him, but after Pilica's claim it was time to cut ties. Colin was under so much scrutiny already, so it makes sense to bus. I think you did the same thing with Elbereth. That's just how it looks to me.
    These are my thoughts too on what twomillionbucks could have thought up of if he hadn't voted Colin.

    Quote Originally Posted by twomillionbucks (#4686)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumproro (#4683)
    Quote Originally Posted by twomillionbucks (#4682)
    It's interesting that Grump is putting the most focus into persuading Dawn- as if she has already decided who the day's death will be and just needs to focus on getting the single vote of support.
    Yeah, that's true. It's because I don't think he's the final wolf. I think you are.
    Sorry, this was a trap. Although you were doing what I described, there was a very obvious reason that a villager would act in the way I described- namely that HD had deliberately interacted with you in a way that I had not. I would have expected a villager to reply here with, "What are you talking about? Dawn has been talking to me and asking me things, while you've been over there sniping from the sidelines." That would be a completely true statement, and one that I would expect to easily occur to a villager here.
    I see the reasoning in your statement because that's scaringly what I would also expect a villager to say as well too - but what Grumproro said makes sense as well, though yeah, what you said makes more sense for a villager to say.

  6. ISO #4706
    Thread Analyst HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    652
    Community
    Bulbagarden
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by twomillionbucks (#4688)
    Dawn, at the start of this day, how much more confident that I am the wolf than that Grump is?
    At the start of this day? You mean if I increased my confidence that you are a wolf after Michelle flipped Town? I was a bit more confident that you are a wolf compared to Grumproro, but not by that much. I rushed my read post on you before the previous day ended because of Michelle needing to hammer because I included why I suspected you but not why I had my doubts. My doubts come from how scaringly our thoughts and play aligned during the game. That's why when in Day 1 Elbereth voted you for you not sharing your reads, I just saw it as just a case of two potentially conflicting playstyles going on rather than any malicious intent. I still need more info and time to get any solid confidence, but I'm not liking Grumproro's replies to me so far and it's scary how this is the only time in the game that they had to deal with any consistent pressure, while both of us got our share of pressure throughout.

  7. ISO #4707
    Thread Analyst HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    652
    Community
    Bulbagarden
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumproro (#4689)
    I'm looking at some loose ends and reviewing more now that I have time to focus. Starting with Million because that's who I came into the day suspecting. But I'm going to look at HumanDawn next because I owe it to myself to put in the work and at least try to figure out who the final wolf is. Even if I die and town loses, it will sting less if I can at least be right in the end. Spoilering day 3 because it's long:



    Quote Originally Posted by twomillionbucks (#2351)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafia Host (#2234)
    Right, so I have good reads of Psycho, Dawn, Monkey, a lesser good read of Grumporo, and a lesser-lesser good read of Elbereth. Rula and Russia are claiming JOAT. So I guess my pool today is Eric, Michelle, Wisdom. Order of preference would be:

    Wisdom
    Michelle
    Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by twomillionbucks (#2352)
    I could possibly be persuaded to vote Elbereth? I don't know, that would take some doing, but I'm not near as set on that good read as I am others.

    And of course it's always possible there's scum in my good reads. That'll probably be something for tomorrow, though.
    Starts the day with Elbereth not in his PoE, but then adds that maybe he could vote for her. Could be leaving a window for him to distance later if it calls for that.

    Quote Originally Posted by twomillionbucks (#2409)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumproro (#2403)
    Quote Originally Posted by twomillionbucks (#2369)
    Seems fine? It wasn't obvious that Colin was a sinking ship when she switched, which decreases the chances of a bus I think.
    It actually looks a little more like it was a sinking ship to me when Monkey voted, but I'm still considering that. More than Monkey, Elbereth's Colin vote came at a point where it was a done deal, I think. How do you feel about Elbereth today? You said you had a lesser-lesser good read, is it because of this or more?
    I've mostly liked Elebereth's catchups; that's where a lot of my read same from. I had her below you because I've liked you in the moment questions more. I guess I figure that someone on my good reads list has to be evil and it might as well be you or Elbereth. I see the arguments for Eric et al but can't say I'm completely happy with them.
    Says he likes Elbereth's catchup posts. He's voting for me at the moment after having voted Wisdom before. His vote on Wisdom is consistent with his reads.

    Quote Originally Posted by twomillionbucks (#2831)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbereth Gilthoniel (#2655)
    Colin pushed back against Wisdom's read on you of one specific post, Wisdom replied, and then Colin replied going 'sorry for thinking you should've townread that', basically. It's actually one of the points I noted as being most pockety, since it was a disagreement and an immediate retraction - which was the only disagreement he had with her on any point (at least up to the post where I ISOd him D2). My notes also list four separate posts where he read her as village, usually his strongest village read. I'm not guaranteeing it's pocketing but I find it weird that you didn't see that at all.
    Why would somebody change their read of another person based on how that other person is reading them? That's silly.
    First interaction with Elbereth on day 3. She had 3 votes (tied with Michelle and Eric).

    Quote Originally Posted by twomillionbucks (#2835)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier (#2657)
    Quote Originally Posted by twomillionbucks (#2352)
    I could possibly be persuaded to vote Elbereth? I don't know, that would take some doing, but I'm not near as set on that good read as I am others.

    And of course it's always possible there's scum in my good reads. That'll probably be something for tomorrow, though.
    twomill, can you talk to me about your El read? I think you're the only one that's come in today with a confident read on her slot.

    How do you balance that against her play today?
    I'll be honest, I haven't been happy with her reads today. I think El looks worse and Michelle looks better. But it doesn't rise to the point I would change from either Wisdom or Eric for today, I think.

    I think what I thought was good in her catch-up phase was that it seemed like an effort was being made to generate original content and to take the thread on its own merits. It didn't seem like a person who was possibly being coached by other mafia to me. As she'd gotten more current, though, I find myself thinking that a lot of the takes are strange or irrelevent. Mostly I notice this with what El has to say about me ('cuz I'm a narcissist), but I also disliked the take on, for example, HD.
    After Psycho asks for his take on Elbereth, he says this. At the time, it seemed fine to me. But now I can see it as the start of some distancing because she was in real danger at this point. If he's the wolf, then he's smartly moving with the flow of the game while also knowing that Eric is going to die that die because so many people were vocal about that.

    Quote Originally Posted by twomillionbucks (#2872)
    Okay, so after catching up completely, I feel like Michelle and Eric have risen in my estimation while Elbereth has fallen. Eric and Michelle seem to be giving reads that are more raw, while Elbereth's have this impression of being carefully crafted. The confounder here is that some people just naturally craft their posts more, but that's what I saw.

    I'm gonna check on the vote totals to see how close voting Elbereth would bring us to hammertime.
    Quote Originally Posted by twomillionbucks (#2879)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbereth Gilthoniel (#2874)
    Good morning!! Gonna start catching up now, but happened to see the Bayes post and I have Thoughts @twomillionbucks Sure, you use Bayes to do your reasoning. So does pretty much everyone else, if less explicitly - you yourself pointed out Wisdom using it. If Wisdom doesn’t get something about your posts it’s not “how you reason”. You could’ve just said “yes the meta point makes me shift you slightly towards town, it’s just that there’s so much other stuff pointing to your evilness that I still think you’re evil on balance” and you would’ve got the same message across way clearer! Your other point is essentially “you have so many posts that each one can only shift my opinion of you a little bit” which is true and fine, but I think there’s a logical leap between there and “therefore I skim your posts” - because you’re basically saying that there have already been so many posts by her that your read on her is perfect / going to be extremely hard to change. But how long have you been skimming them? How many of them have you seen as signal rather than noise? The expected information value on her alignment is only low relative to other players; relative to each other they’re all the same value. They shift your posterior probability less because you’ve seen more of them, but I feel like treating them as less valuable is a mistake, especially when you’re reading her as evil.
    Also just. There’s a line between Bayesian reasoning and confirmation bias and I personally feel like you’ve crossed it.

    Anyway, I don’t think I said that as well as I could have, but basically I would advise against using fancy terminology if you want to explain in a way people will understand and agree with, particularly when the concept you’re explaining is something everyone already uses all the time.
    Fair point. I'm not trying to obfuscate. Thanks for the insight.
    Checks the vote, makes this comment to Elbereth, then votes her. She's in the lead now, so it looks good for him, which is what makes it smart for a wolf to do. Again, the fact that Eric was very likely going to die that day is making analyzing these votes so difficult.

    That being said, that comment from Elbereth is actually something I marked as green in my review. I can't deny that makes me question the theory I have about him distancing here. It's a little strange to me that a wolf would talk to another wolf in the open like this. I don't know, this is bothering me.

    Quote Originally Posted by twomillionbucks (#2931)
    I'd be lying if I said I wasn't questioning a lot of my reads right now.

    ##Vote Michelle

    This vote puts Eric on top without it being -1 to hammer.
    Later switches to Michelle, then back to Elbereth. Near EoD says he might not be around. He does end up being in the thread, and almost switches to Eric to hammer, but Wisdom does it for him.


    Conclusions for day 3: I can see him distancing with Elbereth based on his early reads of her, the movement of his votes, and the fact that Eric was the clear kill for the day, but there is one post from Elbereth that makes me question my theory. I'm not so stubborn that I can't see something in his favor and question myself. I'll have to weigh that against the other evidence I have.

    Now on to day 4. I have less here, and it's mostly just questions for Million, so I won't spoiler.

    The next day, he picks up the Elbereth thread and votes her. This is smart if he's a wolf. She's suspicious and Rula has made a very good case against her. What's concerning is that he doesn't stay on her. He switches a few times. This is consistent with his voting habits, but that doesn't mean it couldn't have been an attempt to get some other wagons going.

    @Million;, can you please take me through your thoughts with this votes as well?

    Quote Originally Posted by twomillionbucks (#3277)
    ##Vote Hey_Monkey

    YOLO
    Quote Originally Posted by twomillionbucks (#3364)
    ##Vote Michelle
    Quote Originally Posted by twomillionbucks (#3365)
    Nah, I like this better

    ##Vote Grumproro
    Also, I just happened to see this while reviewing. Can I asked what changed? Here you say I've been consistent with my focus on Elbereth, even though I haven't voted for her:

    Quote Originally Posted by twomillionbucks (#3552)
    Rereading Grumproro's posts, I think I'm satisfied seeing town there for now. The Elbereth read is fairly developed and consistently portrayed. Will have to revaluate is Elbereth turns up good I think.
    Not bad, I like the sound of this. The PoE thing is definitely not something that can be chalked up as playstyle thing at least.

  8. ISO #4708
    Thread Analyst HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    652
    Community
    Bulbagarden
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by twomillionbucks (#4692)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumproro (#4690)
    Quote Originally Posted by twomillionbucks (#4686)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumproro (#4683)
    Yeah, that's true. It's because I don't think he's the final wolf. I think you are.
    Sorry, this was a trap. Although you were doing what I described, there was a very obvious reason that a villager would act in the way I described- namely that HD had deliberately interacted with you in a way that I had not. I would have expected a villager to reply here with, "What are you talking about? Dawn has been talking to me and asking me things, while you've been over there sniping from the sidelines." That would be a completely true statement, and one that I would expect to easily occur to a villager here.
    I don't follow you here, sorry. Why would I try to convince the person I suspect of being the wolf that I'm not a wolf?
    My point is that I think a wolf is much more likely to go into today with an agenda to kill a specific person. A villager is more likely to think, "Okay, TwoMil might be evil, but I guess I could be wrong."

    Now let's say someone calls you out as showing an agenda. If you're a wolf, and you actually have an agenda, your instinctive reaction will probably be, "Dang, he caught me". If you're a villager, your reaction will probably be more like, "What? I don't have an agenda."

    The fact that your reaction was completely in line with, "Yes, I have an agenda" seems evil to me. If you're as convinced I'm evil as all that, why not go ahead and vote me?
    I think with it being F3 it makes more sense to be cautious compared to any other phase regardless of alignment. I think what I bolded here applies more to the lack of Elbereth vote in the beginning despite the shading on her.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grumproro (#4697)
    Quote Originally Posted by twomillionbucks (#4696)
    Maybe there isn't any thread that connects all the votes. Maybe there isn't any compelling pattern. Maybe life isn't so simple or time so clear that we can easily stamp a conceivable motive across our history. For myself, I'm satisfied that when dusk fell I was voting at that moment for the person I thought was best.

    That's what I aim for. Not every vote can be right. Not every vote can even be the best. But you bet your bottom dollar that I was paying attention to who I was voting for when the deadline came down.
    I think we are on opposite sides of the spectrum. I prefer to only vote when I feel as sure as I can that the person I'm voting for should be day killed. You use votes to try and build your investigation, and you're saying that it is your final vote that really counts in terms of who you truly suspect. You say that me withholding a vote to gain insight or only voting once a day is suspicious. I say that your vote jumping is suspicious. This is your normal style then?
    Can I get a Town meta-game of this at least?

  9. ISO #4709
    Thread Analyst HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    652
    Community
    Bulbagarden
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumproro (#4699)
    Can I ask...did you expect Michelle to die?
    Not directed at me, but I expected Michelle to die if she were Town because I noted she was Town read by Wisdom, Psycho666Soldier and I think hey_monkey too more than us. Probably the hardest lynch to sell for scum of any of us because she could claim to not be a good vote candidate because of how many dead Town town-read her.

  10. ISO #4710
    Thread Analyst HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    652
    Community
    Bulbagarden
    Gender
    Off to sleep, I have work tomorrow, but I will try taking a peek before leaving. We still have 22 hours so no need to rush.

  11. ISO #4711
    Thread Analyst Grumproro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    252
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    The Avocado
    Gender
    @HumanDawn

    I'm pretty sure this is the game I linked when asked before, but if you go here you can see all my votes for each day by clicking "Sort by Oldest" in the comment section. Our vote thread is there. We vote by replying. You can either just scroll the replies to see my votes or search my name to do it quickly. If you want to check the following days in the game, you can click "Sort by Newest", the link to the next day should be the first comment you see. If you need more info on how to read it, let me know.

    https://the-avocado.org/2020/03/13/w...g-day-1-again/

  12. ISO #4712
    Thread Analyst Grumproro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    252
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    The Avocado
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn (#4704)
    Again, your style can be whatever, but in the end you still did not vote your top suspect until later on.

    You could have simply unvoted - Elbereth hammered Colin in the last few seconds, too. I didn't pay much attention to it before but with it being F3 I have to be pickier.
    Yeah, I meant I didn't even have time to unvote. I was slow on refreshing the page.

  13. ISO #4713
    Thread Analyst HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    652
    Community
    Bulbagarden
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumproro (#4711)
    @HumanDawn

    I'm pretty sure this is the game I linked when asked before, but if you go here you can see all my votes for each day by clicking "Sort by Oldest" in the comment section. Our vote thread is there. We vote by replying. You can either just scroll the replies to see my votes or search my name to do it quickly. If you want to check the following days in the game, you can click "Sort by Newest", the link to the next day should be the first comment you see. If you need more info on how to read it, let me know.

    https://the-avocado.org/2020/03/13/w...g-day-1-again/
    Oh my god... How do you guys even play like this??

    How can I tell when somebody has voted or not?

  14. ISO #4714
    Thread Analyst Grumproro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    252
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    The Avocado
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn (#4713)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumproro (#4711)
    @HumanDawn

    I'm pretty sure this is the game I linked when asked before, but if you go here you can see all my votes for each day by clicking "Sort by Oldest" in the comment section. Our vote thread is there. We vote by replying. You can either just scroll the replies to see my votes or search my name to do it quickly. If you want to check the following days in the game, you can click "Sort by Newest", the link to the next day should be the first comment you see. If you need more info on how to read it, let me know.

    https://the-avocado.org/2020/03/13/w...g-day-1-again/
    Oh my god... How do you guys even play like this??

    How can I tell when somebody has voted or not?
    You see the comment when they vote, so you see it immediately. Then the mod updates their comment to reflect the vote. It adds a human element that I really like, but it's not for everyone. Part of our play involves posting vote counts and histories ourselves with time stamps and stuff, which adds all kinds of fun elements because if a wolf does that they might be trying to look helpful, and they might "accidentally" make mistakes that people don't check. Some people also make spreadsheets. Anyway, it's fun. Also, usually when someone votes they make a top-level comment about it, so it's rare not to see when someone votes. You can also have another tab open that stays on the vote comment if you're worried about someone sneaking in a vote.

  15. ISO #4715
    Thread Analyst Grumproro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    252
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    The Avocado
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn (#4709)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumproro (#4699)
    Can I ask...did you expect Michelle to die?
    Not directed at me, but I expected Michelle to die if she were Town because I noted she was Town read by Wisdom, Psycho666Soldier and I think hey_monkey too more than us. Probably the hardest lynch to sell for scum of any of us because she could claim to not be a good vote candidate because of how many dead Town town-read her.
    Yeah, after yesterday I thought it very unlikely that Michelle was the wolf, so maybe the final wolf picked up on that too.

  16. ISO #4716
    Automatic Game Mod Mafia Host's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    209,045
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship] Day 8 Votecount

    Town must eliminate correctly today.

    Votes are locked. Your first vote is final. Day ends immediately upon majority or when everyone has cast a vote.

    Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    3 Not voting Grumproro (23), twomillionbucks (19), HumanDawn (15)


    View Vote History

    End day at majority is enabled. With 3 players alive, it takes 2 votes to reach majority.

    Day 8 ends at 4:00 PM EDT on Tuesday, June 30th, 2020. There are 1593547260000 remaining.

    Posted at 0 days, 17 hours, 38 minutes, 59 seconds remaining.

  17. ISO #4717
    Automatic Game Mod Mafia Host's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    209,045
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship] Day 8 Votecount

    Town must eliminate correctly today.

    Votes are locked. Your first vote is final. Day ends immediately upon majority or when everyone has cast a vote.

    Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    3 Not voting Grumproro (23), twomillionbucks (19), HumanDawn (15)


    View Vote History

    End day at majority is enabled. With 3 players alive, it takes 2 votes to reach majority.

    Day 8 ends at 4:00 PM EDT on Tuesday, June 30th, 2020. There are 1593547260000 remaining.

    Posted at 0 days, 11 hours, 38 minutes, 59 seconds remaining.

  18. ISO #4718
    Thread Analyst twomillionbucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    442
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    boardgamegeek
    Gender
    I feel like Grumproro has been more consistently read as good this game than Michelle has. A non-grump killing Michelle seems a little strange.

  19. ISO #4719
    Automatic Game Mod Mafia Host's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    209,045
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship] Day 8 Votecount

    Town must eliminate correctly today.

    Votes are locked. Your first vote is final. Day ends immediately upon majority or when everyone has cast a vote.

    Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    3 Not voting Grumproro (23), twomillionbucks (20), HumanDawn (15)


    View Vote History

    End day at majority is enabled. With 3 players alive, it takes 2 votes to reach majority.

    Day 8 ends at 4:00 PM EDT on Tuesday, June 30th, 2020. There are 1593547260000 remaining.

    Posted at 0 days, 5 hours, 38 minutes, 58 seconds remaining.

  20. ISO #4720
    Thread Analyst Grumproro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    252
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    The Avocado
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by twomillionbucks (#4718)
    I feel like Grumproro has been more consistently read as good this game than Michelle has. A non-grump killing Michelle seems a little strange.
    A few days ago, I would have agreed with you. But when Psycho died that changed. I'm not surprised to be here after Michelle was so focused on me.

  21. ISO #4721
    Thread Analyst twomillionbucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    442
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    boardgamegeek
    Gender
    Will more talk do more good or should I just cast a vote and let come what may?

  22. ISO #4722
    Thread Analyst HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    652
    Community
    Bulbagarden
    Gender
    On mobile

    Quote Originally Posted by twomillionbucks (#4721)
    Will more talk do more good or should I just cast a vote and let come what may?
    We have two hours left... The pressure is too big for me and I feel like I’ve been kind of sucked up the whole phase by both players and it’s throwing me off.

    @Grumproro You said you were going to do an ISO on me - what happened to that?

  23. ISO #4723
    Thread Analyst Grumproro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    252
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    The Avocado
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn (#4722)
    On mobile

    Quote Originally Posted by twomillionbucks (#4721)
    Will more talk do more good or should I just cast a vote and let come what may?
    We have two hours left... The pressure is too big for me and I feel like I’ve been kind of sucked up the whole phase by both players and it’s throwing me off.

    @Grumproro You said you were going to do an ISO on me - what happened to that?
    I got to the point where I felt I was just inventing reasons to find what you've said or done suspicious. In a vacuum, I can find stuff that looks like what a wolf might do, but when I step back and look at the whole picture, I just can't see it. So I decided to sleep on it and see if you said anything new today that would make me question my reads. I think it's Million, but I'm terrified of being wrong because this is the end.

  24. ISO #4724
    Thread Analyst Grumproro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    252
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    The Avocado
    Gender
    I keep coming back to this as possible busing, but your progression on Elbereth here looks good to me. It feels real. The only thing that really stands out is you agree with Michelle's read of Elbereth, but at the time you were voting Michelle. Did her read list make you suspect Michelle less?

    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn (#2757)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle (#2330)
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn (#2322)
    Not sure who to look into next after Wisdom, I'm not really feeling the EricKline wagon. Elbereth voted last minute, maybe to score last minute Towny points. Michelle's vote on me is kind of alarming, but it seems like a genuine mistake. If Wisdom is Town I can see Michelle as scum after her entrance.

    ##Vote Michelle
    Eli's last vote can't clear her for me and my entrance doesn't incriminate me no matter Wisdom's AI, so i need you to back up your vote with actual thoughts. Thanks
    @HumanDown
    Knowing that Colin flipped Mafia and you didn't pay attention to both wagons at that point made you distant. I think you panicked but thought it would be too OMGUSy to go after Wisdom so you found an excuse to vote me. If it succeeded and later down the line, you or Colin got lynched, it would be much more obvious the other is Mafia.

    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier (#2332)
    hey_monkey kinda looks like lost scum after the Pilica claim. I also get a bad vibe that she went from clashing with me to buddying me, in the process trying to talk me out of my Colin read.

    I think El mostly looks good for having Colin as a mild evil lean fairly early. It still kinda felt like she was temperature-taking, since it took her forever to coming around to actually voting Colin, spending her time trying to vote Pilica and HumanDawn instead. Actually, now that I think about it, it looks like she was trying to find any vote other than Colin.
    That's very interesting about hey_monkey - could you link me to where you got the feeling he was trying to talk you out of the Colin read?

    I will have to look into Elbereth's earlier reads but it's not uncommon for Mafia to scum read their partners early on.

    @Elbereth Gilthoniel

    Sorry if this was already answered, but could you tell me why you didn't vote either Colin or Wisdom?
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn (#2783)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle (#2607)
    Finally i can have some reads

    I am suspecting Eric and El and my vote goes to El for now. I will go to read Colin's posts later and if i find any reason to town read El based on interactions/refferences i will change my vote.
    So:
    DarkRula - TR after Iso-ing yday, claimed Joat todat, un-cc-ed.
    Elbereth Gilthoniel - suspicios for me after i read Colin's Iso
    EricKline - idem, with a questiom mark, what if Colin said the truth about t/t wagons?
    Grumproro - TL without a deep look on the slot yet
    hey_monkey - TL yday because he didn't like to take the easy path of eliminating an inactive, TR today because she put Colin in leading wagon.
    HumanDawn - villager by Colin's Iso
    Michelle - villager
    Pilica - didn't ping as wolf behaviour yday, claimed Joat, un-cc-ed.
    Psycho666Soldier - active in finding scum Colin, should be villager
    twomillionbucks - in my oppinion not w/w with Colin.
    Wisdom - her logic about knowing Rula was Joat should be true because she posted that in short time after Rula claimed.

    If the scum team is Colin-Eric-El mafia is easy, but looks way to easy to be true and so i can't say for sure this is the team.

    ##Vote Elbereth Gilthoniel
    Not a lynch I'm against considering Elbereth didn't engage with the wagons as much as I feel she should have.
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn (#2784)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbereth Gilthoniel (#2642)
    Stuff About HumanDawn
    So, I'm poking around the vote history to try to get a better idea of what things actually looked like, and... I don't especially feel that HD's vote was much of a clear? He voted on Colin to bring Wisdom and Colin to a 4-4 tie. At that point Colin hadn't said anything relevant but had indicated he'd be on before the day ended, so still could have saved himself through self preservation just fine. (Now, it's still more of a clear than my vote on Colin - I'm not saying it's not AI at all/that I think it makes him more evil. I just also think it's less strong of a village clear than most people seem to be thinking.) Then nothing important really changed until #2186 when $2M voted for Pilica at my request; for a short amount of time Colin was in the lead but there was a train on Pilica and she was in the lead by #2202 (HD didn't post between those two points, fyi). And that stayed strong until Pilica hardclaimed, at which point there's not really anything HD could've done to save Colin.

    Until the hardclaim, the votes on Colin were: Psycho, Rula, Pilica, HD, NAC. I don't think there has to be a Cultist in there, but if there is it's Dawn. (Could theoretically be Psycho; see my paranoia; I'm choosing to ignore that right now because I'm pretty sure it's just paranoia.)

    So, idk. Maybe I'm focusing on him too much because I already wanted to look at him before EoD happened. But I think it's worth pointing out that from what I see, his vote is not all that clearing, especially if the evil team were worried about Colin getting eliminated.
    Though I do remember he could've basically as easily chosen Wisdom without scrutiny. So. That helps.

    Basically I don't know, I'm still figuring it out, but my expectation is he'll end up in my village reads but lower in them than most of y'all have him. Or put another way, I don't think he's worth eliminating today - I think the case on Eric in particular is very solid/I don't really have anything to add to it (and am probably going to mostly ignore it in an effort to get some discussion done today), but may be worth looking at more closely in a future cycle.


    Proper reads list to come in my next post. Along with all the quotes I still have yet to respond to.
    Yeah, I guess the self-preservation vote on Wisdom is a good point if Wisdom is Town, but he never ended up voting her when he came back and that's what pinged me more about Wisdom. IIRC, there was still around an hour or so, and votes can vastly change during EoD like these past two days, and maybe Colin planned to vote Wisdom later if things stayed the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn (#3127)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbereth Gilthoniel (#2908)
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn (#2784)
    If Michelle is good I would be looking into Grumproro, Elbereth, EricKline as potentially the last two Mafia. Maybe twomillionbucks too but I don't feel like he is Mafia from his interactions with Colin and we've generally been on the same wavelength. Could be pocketing but I don't feel like that's the case now.
    ....And if she’s evil?
    And of those, who would you go to first?
    Forgot to answer this originally but if she is evil I would definitely go for you. Considering how the lynch wagons and you ended up being saved I'm okay with switching up my vote today.

    ##Vote Elbereth Gilthoniel

    I also don't like how this slot is trying to discredit my Colin vote so much. IIRC, she questioned it when I tied up the votes, maybe to bring suspicion on it to indirectly discredit it, and then did the same thing later:

    Quote Originally Posted by Elbereth Gilthoniel (#2642)
    Stuff About HumanDawn
    So, I'm poking around the vote history to try to get a better idea of what things actually looked like, and... I don't especially feel that HD's vote was much of a clear? He voted on Colin to bring Wisdom and Colin to a 4-4 tie. At that point Colin hadn't said anything relevant but had indicated he'd be on before the day ended, so still could have saved himself through self preservation just fine. (Now, it's still more of a clear than my vote on Colin - I'm not saying it's not AI at all/that I think it makes him more evil. I just also think it's less strong of a village clear than most people seem to be thinking.) Then nothing important really changed until #2186 when $2M voted for Pilica at my request; for a short amount of time Colin was in the lead but there was a train on Pilica and she was in the lead by #2202 (HD didn't post between those two points, fyi). And that stayed strong until Pilica hardclaimed, at which point there's not really anything HD could've done to save Colin.

    Until the hardclaim, the votes on Colin were: Psycho, Rula, Pilica, HD, NAC. I don't think there has to be a Cultist in there, but if there is it's Dawn. (Could theoretically be Psycho; see my paranoia; I'm choosing to ignore that right now because I'm pretty sure it's just paranoia.)

    So, idk. Maybe I'm focusing on him too much because I already wanted to look at him before EoD happened. But I think it's worth pointing out that from what I see, his vote is not all that clearing, especially if the evil team were worried about Colin getting eliminated.
    Though I do remember he could've basically as easily chosen Wisdom without scrutiny. So. That helps.
    I don't know how she'd come to the conclusion that it's probably me? I didn't suspect Pilica enough to vote her over Colin or Wisdom and I definitely wasn't going to vote myself.
    Were you able to get anything out of the game I linked? I know the format isn't what people are used to.

  25. ISO #4725
    Thread Analyst twomillionbucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    442
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    boardgamegeek
    Gender
    Here goes nothing.

    ##Vote Grumproro

  26. ISO #4726
    Thread Analyst HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    652
    Community
    Bulbagarden
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumproro (#4724)
    I keep coming back to this as possible busing, but your progression on Elbereth here looks good to me. It feels real. The only thing that really stands out is you agree with Michelle's read of Elbereth, but at the time you were voting Michelle. Did her read list make you suspect Michelle less?

    Were you able to get anything out of the game I linked? I know the format isn't what people are used to.
    Alright, may as well with it being almost EOD to clear any potential doubts.

    My Day 3 was focused on trying to find Mafia who tried saving Colin EoD Day 2. At first, I went for Wisdom because I thought that it was strange that despite Colin and Wisdom being top wagons they didn't put much focus on each other. IIRC Colin completely ignored Wisdom and Wisdom said she'd vote Colin only for self-preservation down the line. I think what really bugged me off at that time is that she kept on painting me as Mafia and said that I didn't add anything to the Colin case when that wasn't the case at all despite ISOing me - it felt like she conveniently left out something out just to make me look worse, and it happened just when I left the Colin wagon - so maybe it was to shade me and not make her and Colin look connected. After Wisdom posted the reasons why she thought DarkRula was the JOAT, and he wasn't NK'd N2, I thought that it was likely that Wisdom was really Town despite the shaky EoD 2 because if she was going to go to the lengths of faking JOAT to find the real ones to NK, and then ultimately not Nightkill them, then what was the point? Meanwhile, Michelle and Elbereth both looked like they were trying to save Colin EoD 2. Michelle voted me for no reason here, and she had only unvoted me before because she made the mistake of thinking I wasn't there for EoD. To me it looked like it was possible that she was looking for excuses to save her partner. The fact Michelle voted Elbereth was confusing but it could have been a distancing attempt, ultimately she helped get Elbereth lynched over hey_monkey and her posts consistently showed that she was trying to solve the game. Elbereth went after Pilica but ultimately voted Colin the last few seconds, but then she shaded me for reasons that made no sense to me and I couldn't help but think that was potential scum trying to open up potential Town lynches.

    Also, no, because I still couldn't understand the game for sure. I feel like it's something I have to experience myself playing to make anything good out of it.

  27. ISO #4727
    Thread Analyst HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    652
    Community
    Bulbagarden
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by twomillionbucks (#4725)
    Here goes nothing.

    ##Vote Grumproro
    Well... @Grumproro ?

    Got anything to say?

  28. ISO #4728
    Thread Analyst Grumproro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    252
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    The Avocado
    Gender
    Well, seeing Million vote first definitely gives me doubts, but nothing to do about it now I guess. I'll go with my gut and hope for the best.

    ##Vote twomillionbucks

  29. ISO #4729
    Thread Analyst Grumproro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    252
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    The Avocado
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn (#4726)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumproro (#4724)
    I keep coming back to this as possible busing, but your progression on Elbereth here looks good to me. It feels real. The only thing that really stands out is you agree with Michelle's read of Elbereth, but at the time you were voting Michelle. Did her read list make you suspect Michelle less?

    Were you able to get anything out of the game I linked? I know the format isn't what people are used to.
    Alright, may as well with it being almost EOD to clear any potential doubts.

    My Day 3 was focused on trying to find Mafia who tried saving Colin EoD Day 2. At first, I went for Wisdom because I thought that it was strange that despite Colin and Wisdom being top wagons they didn't put much focus on each other. IIRC Colin completely ignored Wisdom and Wisdom said she'd vote Colin only for self-preservation down the line. I think what really bugged me off at that time is that she kept on painting me as Mafia and said that I didn't add anything to the Colin case when that wasn't the case at all despite ISOing me - it felt like she conveniently left out something out just to make me look worse, and it happened just when I left the Colin wagon - so maybe it was to shade me and not make her and Colin look connected. After Wisdom posted the reasons why she thought DarkRula was the JOAT, and he wasn't NK'd N2, I thought that it was likely that Wisdom was really Town despite the shaky EoD 2 because if she was going to go to the lengths of faking JOAT to find the real ones to NK, and then ultimately not Nightkill them, then what was the point? Meanwhile, Michelle and Elbereth both looked like they were trying to save Colin EoD 2. Michelle voted me for no reason here, and she had only unvoted me before because she made the mistake of thinking I wasn't there for EoD. To me it looked like it was possible that she was looking for excuses to save her partner. The fact Michelle voted Elbereth was confusing but it could have been a distancing attempt, ultimately she helped get Elbereth lynched over hey_monkey and her posts consistently showed that she was trying to solve the game. Elbereth went after Pilica but ultimately voted Colin the last few seconds, but then she shaded me for reasons that made no sense to me and I couldn't help but think that was potential scum trying to open up potential Town lynches.

    Also, no, because I still couldn't understand the game for sure. I feel like it's something I have to experience myself playing to make anything good out of it.
    I also thought Michelle was distancing that day with her Elbereth vote (Wisdom provided meta info that made me doubt that in the end though). So yeah, if you're the wolf, congrats.

    And thanks for trying to look at my home site. I appreciate that. Sorry it wasn't helpful.

  30. ISO #4730
    Thread Analyst twomillionbucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    442
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    boardgamegeek
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn (#4727)
    Quote Originally Posted by twomillionbucks (#4725)
    Here goes nothing.

    ##Vote Grumproro
    Well... @Grumproro ?

    Got anything to say?
    You didn't jump on this vote immediately, so I now know that you are good, right?

  31. ISO #4731
    Thread Analyst HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    652
    Community
    Bulbagarden
    Gender
    Alright.

    It was a fun game, everyone!

    ##Vote Grumproro



    No hard feelings, promise?

  32. ISO #4732
    Automatic Game Mod Mafia Host's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    209,045
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    « Day 8 Elimination: Grumproro was Vanilla Town »
    Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship] Day 8 Votecount

    Town must eliminate correctly today.

    Votes are locked. Your first vote is final. Day ends immediately upon majority or when everyone has cast a vote.

    Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    2 Grumproro twomillionbucks (23), HumanDawn (19)
    1 twomillionbucks Grumproro (28)


    View Vote History

    End day at majority is enabled. With 3 players alive, it takes 2 votes to reach majority.

    Grumproro was eliminated. They were: Vanilla Town.
    Role PM for Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship]

    You are Vanilla Town. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.


    Day 8 has ended.

    Day 8 ended at 2:50 PM EDT on Tuesday, June 30th, 2020.

  33. ISO #4733
    Automatic Game Mod Mafia Host's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    209,045
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    « Game Over: Mafia Wins
    Game Over

    The Town has been overrun. The Mafia team wins.

    Mafia Members

    @Colin
    @Elbereth Gilthoniel
    @HumanDawn
    x3 Mafia Goon
    x2 Town Jack of All Trades (x9 Doctor, x9 Tracker, x9 Motion Detector)
    x10 Vanilla Town
    Colin (Mafia Goon)
    Role PM for Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship]

    You are Mafia Goon. You win when you overpower the town and eliminate any other evil faction(s) in the game. Your teammates are:

    Mafia Team

    Colin (Mafia Goon)
    Elbereth Gilthoniel (Mafia Goon)
    HumanDawn (Mafia Goon)

    As Mafia, you have access to the Factional Night Kill Night Action. Players targeted with this action will die at the end of the Night unless protected. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

    If no Mafia submit an action, a player will be picked at random from the living non-Mafia players.

    Mafia Chat: Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship] Mafia Chat

    Game Thread: Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship]


    DarkRula (Town Jack of All Trades (x9 Doctor, x9 Tracker, x9 Motion Detector))
    Role PM for Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship]

    You are Town Jack of All Trades (x9 Doctor, x9 Tracker, x9 Motion Detector). You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

    Town Jack Of All Trades

    As Town Jack Of All Trades, you have access to one or more night actions.

    x9 Doctor

    You have access to the Protection Night Action. Protection will protect your target from being killed. You will not learn whether you successfully protected someone. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used. You cannot target the same player on consecutive nights.

    x9 Tracker

    You have access to the Tracking Night Action. Tracking another player informs you who that player used a Night Action on that night, if any. You will not learn what type of Night Action your target has. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

    x9

    You have access to the Motion Detect Night Action. Motion Detecting another player will detect any motion surrounding that player that Night. If they visit someone or were visited by someone else, you will detect motion. If they did not visit anyone and were not visited by anyone, you will not detect motion. You will not learn what type of Night Action was used on or by your target or who used those actions. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

    Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

    If you do not submit an action, you will forego your action on that day. Keep in mind that if you have multiple uses of your abilities, you must cycle through all of them before being allowed to reuse any of them.

    Game Thread: Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship]


    DENMON (Vanilla Town)
    Role PM for Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship]

    You are Vanilla Town. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

    Game Thread: Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship]


    Elbereth Gilthoniel (Mafia Goon)
    Role PM for Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship]

    You are Mafia Goon. You win when you overpower the town and eliminate any other evil faction(s) in the game. Your teammates are:

    Mafia Team

    Colin (Mafia Goon)
    Elbereth Gilthoniel (Mafia Goon)
    HumanDawn (Mafia Goon)

    As Mafia, you have access to the Factional Night Kill Night Action. Players targeted with this action will die at the end of the Night unless protected. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

    If no Mafia submit an action, a player will be picked at random from the living non-Mafia players.

    Mafia Chat: Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship] Mafia Chat

    Game Thread: Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship]


    EricKline (Vanilla Town)
    Role PM for Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship]

    You are Vanilla Town. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

    Game Thread: Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship]


    Grumproro (Vanilla Town)
    Role PM for Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship]

    You are Vanilla Town. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

    Game Thread: Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship]


    Hectic (Vanilla Town)
    Role PM for Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship]

    You are Vanilla Town. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

    Game Thread: Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship]


    hey_monkey (Vanilla Town)
    Role PM for Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship]

    You are Vanilla Town. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

    Game Thread: Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship]


    HumanDawn (Mafia Goon)
    Role PM for Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship]

    You are Mafia Goon. You win when you overpower the town and eliminate any other evil faction(s) in the game. Your teammates are:

    Mafia Team

    Colin (Mafia Goon)
    Elbereth Gilthoniel (Mafia Goon)
    HumanDawn (Mafia Goon)

    As Mafia, you have access to the Factional Night Kill Night Action. Players targeted with this action will die at the end of the Night unless protected. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

    If no Mafia submit an action, a player will be picked at random from the living non-Mafia players.

    Mafia Chat: Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship] Mafia Chat

    Game Thread: Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship]


    Michelle (Vanilla Town)
    Role PM for Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship]

    You are Vanilla Town. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

    Game Thread: Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship]


    NotACop (Vanilla Town)
    Role PM for Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship]

    You are Vanilla Town. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

    Game Thread: Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship]


    Pilica (Town Jack of All Trades (x9 Doctor, x9 Tracker, x9 Motion Detector))
    Role PM for Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship]

    You are Town Jack of All Trades (x9 Doctor, x9 Tracker, x9 Motion Detector). You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

    Town Jack Of All Trades

    As Town Jack Of All Trades, you have access to one or more night actions.

    x9 Doctor

    You have access to the Protection Night Action. Protection will protect your target from being killed. You will not learn whether you successfully protected someone. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used. You cannot target the same player on consecutive nights.

    x9 Tracker

    You have access to the Tracking Night Action. Tracking another player informs you who that player used a Night Action on that night, if any. You will not learn what type of Night Action your target has. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

    x9

    You have access to the Motion Detect Night Action. Motion Detecting another player will detect any motion surrounding that player that Night. If they visit someone or were visited by someone else, you will detect motion. If they did not visit anyone and were not visited by anyone, you will not detect motion. You will not learn what type of Night Action was used on or by your target or who used those actions. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

    Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

    If you do not submit an action, you will forego your action on that day. Keep in mind that if you have multiple uses of your abilities, you must cycle through all of them before being allowed to reuse any of them.

    Game Thread: Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship]


    Psycho666Soldier (Vanilla Town)
    Role PM for Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship]

    You are Vanilla Town. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

    Game Thread: Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship]


    twomillionbucks (Vanilla Town)
    Role PM for Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship]

    You are Vanilla Town. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

    Game Thread: Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship]


    Wisdom (Vanilla Town)
    Role PM for Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship]

    You are Vanilla Town. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

    Game Thread: Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship]

    D2: Seabiscuit subbed in for inky
    D2: Michelle subbed in for Seabiscuit
    N1: Wisdom — Motion Detect
    N2: Pilica — Track
    N3: Pilica — Protection
    N4: Wisdom — Track
    N5: twomillionbucks — Motion Detect
    N1: DENMON — Factional Kill
    N2: NotACop — Factional Kill
    N3: DarkRula — Factional Kill
    N4: Pilica — Factional Kill
    N5: DarkRula — Factional Kill
    N6: Wisdom — Factional Kill
    N7: Michelle — Factional Kill
    N1: Psycho666Soldier — Track
    N2: hey_monkey — Motion Detect
    N3: DarkRula — Protection
    N4: hey_monkey — Track

    Mafia Chat: Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship] Mafia Chat
    Graveyard Chat: Season 7, Game 11: The Cult of Vanilla [The Mafia Championship] Graveyard Chat

    Post-game discussion starts now.

  34. ISO #4734
    Hype! Arapocalypse's Avatar Discord Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    29,216
    Community
    Mafia Games Discord
    AKA
    Ara
    Gender
    Congratulations mafia!!!!!!!!

  35. ISO #4735
    Soul Reader Hally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    2,127
    Community
    personality cafe
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Gender
    wow

    congrats scum, wp town!

  36. ISO #4736
    Thread Analyst twomillionbucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    442
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    boardgamegeek
    Gender
    Welp.

    I did warn you guys about my record in final 3s. :P

    I went back over HD's posts a few times, just wasn't seeing evil there. A full suckering. Good work HD. Sorry team.

  37. ISO #4737
    Wants It More NotACop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    6,218
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Community
    PokerNet
    What a slowroll, HumanDawn! Congratz!
    Alos yay, I won a bet on you being last scum

    Great game all around; actually I thought it would be easy win for town after Colin elim. But nope!

  38. ISO #4738
    Soul Reader Colin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    3,610
    Community
    Mini Mafia & SMAS
    Gender
    Well done Human, you played it out brilliantly. You also did magnificently El.

    This was a fun game. I'm sorry that life interrupted my enjoyment of it. Thanks to Psycho for giving me an enjoyable person to play off of and help keep the game enjoyable.

  39. ISO #4739
    Season 5 Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    On my ethereal cloud
    Posts
    11,118
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Totalwar.org (The Org)
    AKA
    GH, Fuchs
    Gender
    Oof.

    Don't feel bad about misvoting there 2MB, final threes are their own special brand of torture.

    Congrats to the mafia!

  40. ISO #4740
    Wants It More Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    5,223
    Community
    Rajah, The Center
    Gender
    Damn, HD, you $#@!ing wolf. Didn't even hammer.

    GG wolves, you pulled this one off.

  41. ISO #4741
    Thread Analyst braided pain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    477
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    PersonalityCafe
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Oh, wow. Congrats, mafia! gg, town!

  42. ISO #4742
    Soul Reader Colin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    3,610
    Community
    Mini Mafia & SMAS
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by NotACop (#4737)
    What a slowroll, HumanDawn! Congratz!
    Alos yay, I won a bet on you being last scum

    Great game all around; actually I thought it would be easy win for town after Colin elim. But nope!
    I was saying on Discord that I was worried when they nk'd you after I went out. They played it out really well though.

  43. ISO #4743
    Wants It More NotACop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    6,218
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Community
    PokerNet
    Quote Originally Posted by twomillionbucks (#4736)
    Welp.

    I did warn you guys about my record in final 3s. :P

    I went back over HD's posts a few times, just wasn't seeing evil there. A full suckering. Good work HD. Sorry team.
    I think most in dead chat had same suspect as you, so I wouldn't feel bad at all or sorry.
    Enjoyed your play style and posts a lot!

  44. ISO #4744
    Thread Analyst Grumproro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    252
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    The Avocado
    Gender
    Ah, I'm so sorry everyone.

    @HumanDawn you really fooled me. Well done!

  45. ISO #4745
    Thread Analyst twomillionbucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    442
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    boardgamegeek
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief (#4739)
    Oof.

    Don't feel bad about misvoting there 2MB, final threes are their own special brand of torture.

    Congrats to the mafia!
    Listen, there's no pain a few beers can't get rid of.

  46. ISO #4746
    Soul Reader Pilica's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    3,515
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Community
    Wolfia Discord
    AKA
    Siskia, Peko, Surafin
    Congrats mafia! Well played! This was a great game!

    After Monkey's flip I was sold on you HD.

  47. ISO #4747
    Thread Analyst HumanDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    652
    Community
    Bulbagarden
    Gender
    I Nightkilled NotACop because he knew my scum meta of bussing from the game 5 years ago. I'm surprised nobody made the possible connection.

  48. ISO #4748
    Soul Reader Colin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    3,610
    Community
    Mini Mafia & SMAS
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by HumanDawn (#4747)
    I Nightkilled NotACop because he knew my scum meta of bussing from the game 5 years ago. I'm surprised nobody made the possible connection.
    Haha, I was wondering. I don't think you have to worry too much about a five-year old read though. GJ partner!

  49. ISO #4749
    Thread Analyst EricKline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Bellevue, WA
    Posts
    615
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    Cheif Delphi
    AKA
    Eric Kline
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Bro this game was too much 😧

    GG HD

    You had me there.

  50. ISO #4750
    Wants It More Psycho666Soldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    5,223
    Community
    Rajah, The Center
    Gender
    twomill, you did great there at the end. I probably would have voted the exact same way. I was thinking it was Grump at the end there.

    Grump, really good job. I feel like you stepped up a lot in this game, and your case on El was strong and independent. Good on ya, and it was a pleasure to play with you.

    HumanDawn, $#@! you.

    J/K, you did good, man. A lot of good tone, some questionable pushes I thought were a bit TWTBAW, and just generally coming off like someone who's too unpressured to be a wolf


    Votes are gonna be tough here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  •  

Keyboard Shortcuts

about us
Mafia Universe is a community hub for people who enjoy playing the forum variant of Mafia (also known as Werewolf). We offer fully automated Mafia games and a wide variety of customized features crafted to optimize your game experience. We also proudly host the Internet's only database of Mafia/Werewolf communities.

We hope you stick around!
Role of the Day
Suicide Bomber

The Suicide Bomber may once per game choose a target to suicide bomb during a day phase, killing both the Suicide Bomber and the target.