Page 105 of 105 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105
Results 5,201 to 5,223 of 5223

Thread: The Mafia Universe Olympics: The Mayor Game [Round 2]

1. ISO #5201
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Quote Originally Posted by Haze with a Z (#5200)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhead (#5197)
    That lion stuff is hilarious. Completely passed me by at the time.

Though I did always have an inkling that I was never part of your plans long term @Apoc. The day I was first gonna be mayor, did you plan on waiting to see my shortlist and then bringing them to your side? Cos that's how it felt at the time.

I was this close to turning against you then and there. Had a whole post typed up and everything. The ALLIANCE-OFF. Had the numbers planned out, tonystark and Wes were always going to be with me, I had JC's vote come what may: all I would've needed was just one of Haze, Penguin and GH to join forces, which in my mind was all but guaranteed. But in the end decided to bide my time/pussyed out.
    Honestly I don’t even know why I made half of the decisions I did in the game. I wouldn’t guarantee anything to anyone. Also did you see my post about why you were mafia? You should read it.
    I did, I enjoyed it! The wagonomics were accurate, that CFD on Apoc D4 really did appear an attempt to save me.

Rather offended at the half my posts were connect 4 bit tho - there was plenty of crossword stuff in there as well!

2. ISO #5202
    Timezone
    For posterity, I would've voted for JC also. Ultimately he felt more of a leader as opposed to the follower that WWS perhaps better represented - but that's no slight on the latter's play at all.

It's like mafia, you can't all powerwolf, wolves need to function together as a unit and WWS played his role to a tee.

In fact all the final 4 did a great job planning successfully to get themselves there from a very early stage.

Makes it somewhat frustrating that I feel I, as much as anyone, had the power to thwart them, and came very close on a couple of occasions. But that's how it goes

Before things went sideways I had the vague idea of trying to get a me/Haze/Penguin/GH F4 (felt inevitable I'd have to end up opposed to Apoc/WWS at some point) and the way things transpired and looking at jury thread/postgame that could've been very feasible (GH having probably the loosest ties to the "Lion Alliance", though maybe he just pocketed me the best)

If I hadn't have gone AWOL when I did, things could've turned out very differently...or at least been made more, challenging, for you at the end. But ah well

3. ISO #5203
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    OGS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhead (#5201)

Though I did always have an inkling that I was never part of your plans long term @Apoc. The day I was first gonna be mayor, did you plan on waiting to see my shortlist and then bringing them to your side? Cos that's how it felt at the time.

I was this close to turning against you then and there. Had a whole post typed up and everything. The ALLIANCE-OFF. Had the numbers planned out, tonystark and Wes were always going to be with me, I had JC's vote come what may: all I would've needed was just one of Haze, Penguin and GH to join forces, which in my mind was all but guaranteed. But in the end decided to bide my time/pussyed out.
    Honestly I don’t even know why I made half of the decisions I did in the game. I wouldn’t guarantee anything to anyone. Also did you see my post about why you were mafia? You should read it.
    I did, I enjoyed it! The wagonomics were accurate, that CFD on Apoc D4 really did appear an attempt to save me.

Rather offended at the half my posts were connect 4 bit tho - there was plenty of crossword stuff in there as well! :p
    Well sorry. I must’ve forgotten about the crosswords when I wrote that. You ran the crosswords. I don’t know how I missed that part.

4. ISO #5204
    Timezone
    Quote Originally Posted by Haze with a Z (#5203)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhead (#5201)

Rather offended at the half my posts were connect 4 bit tho - there was plenty of crossword stuff in there as well!
    Well sorry. I must’ve forgotten about the crosswords when I wrote that. You ran the crosswords. I don’t know how I missed that part.
    Haha I'm only joking with ya!

5. ISO #5205
    Hey Cider! It's nice to see you back here!
    It seems as though we were thinking very similar things haha
    I my mind I wanted to try to form pretty much the exact same alliance for an alliance war on Day 4 but was too scared to try to make it happen knowing TSP's resistance to alliances and knowing Wes had pushed for my elim at times. A NP/Cider/Haze/+1 alliance was also another thought of mine, just with apoc instead of GH, so it's cool to see we were on very similar wavelengths there too! Wish we'd hinted our ideas to eachother better so we would have actually gone through with them lol
    I was really hoping that you'd take JC out as mayor to prevent Lion Alliance from happening so it's a shame to learn that you were in fact back and forth with it rip
    Last edited by NinjaPenguin; July 6th, 2020 at 08:25 AM.

6. ISO #5206
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhead (#5196)
    Quote Originally Posted by WaywardSon (#5195)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhead (#5192)
    Quote Originally Posted by WaywardSon (#5191)
    You were missed. I understand when rl needs to come first. Just glad you are okay. And hope things continue to get better.
    Cheers dude. Yeah, was just a temporary thing, things are back on the right track now I think 👍

And glad you were able to make it so far after your stuff earlier. Did you get that job you were looking for in the end?
    Yes sir, got a total of 4 offers. Including the one I was wanting most.
    Awesome! That's gotta be so satisfying
    Absolutely!

7. ISO #5207
    Timezone
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaPenguin (#5205)
    Hey Cider! It's nice to see you back here!
    It seems as though we were thinking very similar things haha
    I my mind I wanted to try to form pretty much the exact same alliance for an alliance war on Day 4 but was too scared to try to make it happen knowing TSP's resistance to alliances and knowing Wes had pushed for my elim at times. A NP/Cider/Haze/+1 alliance was also another thought of mine, just with apoc instead of GH, so it's cool to see we were on very similar wavelengths there too! Wish we'd hinted our ideas to eachother better so we would have actually gone through with them lol
    I was really hoping that you'd take JC out as mayor to prevent Lion Alliance from happening so it's a shame to learn that you were in fact back and forth with it rip
    Yeah, I disappeared just as things were getting interesting

Could've ended up with two evenly sized factions with like Wes as the swing voter or something. Guess we'll never know how things may have gone down..

Prob should've got rid of JC tbh you're right. Not quite sure why I didn't in the end, I always had him down as the likely bigger threat. Just a sign of weakness on my part I guess

8. ISO #5208
    Timezone
    Community
    NovoCiv
    Glad to see you’re doing well, Ciderhead. Thank you for playing.
    leaping up into the air getting juiced up beyond belief

9. ISO #5209
    Timezone
    Community
    NovoCiv
    Here’s the Jury thread. Took me a bit to figure out the move, apologies for the delay.

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...-Game-The-Jury

@JohnCarter
    @WaywardSon

If anyone has any trouble viewing it, please let me know.

10. ISO #5210
    Timezone
    Community
    NovoCiv
    I’ll also publicize those with private threads later this evening unless they request otherwise.

11. ISO #5211
    Timezone
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Here’s the Jury thread. Took me a bit to figure out the move, apologies for the delay.

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...-Game-The-Jury

@JohnCarter
    @WaywardSon

If anyone has any trouble viewing it, please let me know.
    Read and take no offense at anything said. Much love. I had a strategy and it helped me reach my ceiling in this game. Much respect to all who played.

12. ISO #5212
    Cool read everyone and fair takes by everyone.

Thanks for hosting @Beck :>

13. ISO #5213
    The CEO Apoc's Avatar Game Manager

you must have just been Mayoring all day every day for like 2 weeks!?

mad lad

14. ISO #5214
    Community
    The Bell Tree
    AKA
    Dad
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Society if the rand didn't rob Geo of the final mayorship in game 7:

15. ISO #5215

I'd have burned it down tbh

16. ISO #5216
    Timezone
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo (#5214)

I'd have burned it down tbh
    I can believe this.

17. ISO #5217
    Timezone
    Community
    NovoCiv

18. ISO #5218
    Timezone
    Hey at least you made the most posts i the private threads @Haze with a Z

19. ISO #5219
    Season 5 Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Timezone
    Community
    Totalwar.org (The Org)
    AKA
    GH, Fuchs

I read your private thread

the Survivor who I REALLY modeled my game after was Vecepia, but I don't think I was quite as successful
    Lenny - Today at 10:08 AM
    Atpg sometimes the paragraphs you write are pretty good

Looking to waste an afternoon? Vamos Cartagena - Football Manager 2018 AAR (complete!)
    The sequel to the above: An American Manager in America (complete!)

20. ISO #5220
    Timezone
    Community
    OGS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhead (#5218)
    Haha. I didn’t even know that. Nor was I trying to. I just posted about a bunch of random stuff that was on my mind and had fun in there.

21. ISO #5221
    Timezone
    Community
    OGS
    Quote Originally Posted by Haze with a Z (#5220)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhead (#5218)
    Haha. I didn’t even know that. Nor was I trying to. I just posted about a bunch of random stuff that was on my mind and had fun in there.
    There are two types of styles people used in those threads. 1 - actually talk about the game a bunch. 2 - talk about a bunch of nonsense for basically no reason. I would categorize basically everyone in category one except for me. Don’t ask me how talking about game directors helped me with anything in this game. Same with posting a ton of drafts that are basically the same. I am one of those people who is worried they will misclick sometimes and so I posted drafts so I wouldn’t accidentally delete them. I just clicked on everyone’s thread(even if I didn’t read them), and I was honestly kinda surprised that people posted 7 posts total or something. I thought it would be more(falsely judging based on my post count).

22. ISO #5222
    Oh those were some interesting private threads to read! Didn't realize how much apoc didn't want to go with Lions but felt forced to by the lack of strategy; I should have communicated my willingness to be allies more
    Funny enough @GeneralHankerchief I think that Marquesas is a perfect way to describe the Final 4 here! I feel like all four of you fit the role in the game of the person who ended up with the same placement in the show lol
    Sorry for making you Paschal and WWS Neleh but you getting fourth while having an obviously strong alliance with the person who got second fits super well, as does JC/Apoc as Vee/Kathy

23. ISO #5223
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief (#5219)
    @Apoc

I read your private thread

the Survivor who I REALLY modeled my game after was Vecepia, but I don't think I was quite as successful
    lol, i don't remember anything about her tbh