Page 28 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,400 of 7939

Thread: Season 7, Game Spec: A Spec Chat Warrior Semi-Invitational

  1. ISO #1351
    Season 4 Champion Dels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    13,930
    Community
    Gamefaqs
    Gender
    i did not lmao, in the context of tim's post it's clear he was talking about trusting my read due to respecting me and so i was using it in the same sense. "trust" can mean "trust me to be town" or "trust me to be right" and i was using the latter.

  2. ISO #1352
    GOAT Tier Litten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    12,190
    Community
    Throne Of Lies
    AKA
    FK, Firekitten
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by nutella (#1348)
    Quote Originally Posted by Litten (#1271)
    While waiting for holy to answer that question, while skimming the thread I remembered a post that Oats made, and I went back to look for it. Unless Oats is mafia with Holy, I don’t think oats is actually mafia judging by the game state.

    Quote Originally Posted by oatsmaster (#1009)
    ##Vote hollowkatt
    Firstly,I think that going on to Holyflare d1 is stupid because he will out himself as mafia later on because he somehow doesnt die.
    If oats is mafia and is active in mafia chat, I would think mafia would be talking about who to kill during the night and who to mislynch. Based on how this game went so far, I don’t think mafia would be likely to kill Holyflare during the night. I also don’t think oats is the type of person who would make this post knowing that.
    In case you don’t understand what I mean, here’s a better explanation. Oats may be used to Holy getting SPK’ed in games which is why they are saying leave the person alive. However, if they are in mafia chat, I’m pretty sure mafia chat would be talking about who to kill/lynch and Oats would had to have realized that Holy wasn’t going to be an option during the night based off what they should be discussing, if my game state read is correct. I think oats is the type of person to be influenced by what they see in mafia chat, to the point of where they never make that post if they realized Holy wasn’t an option.

    Does that make sense?

  3. ISO #1353
    Distinguished Medal of Sneaky Framing hollowkatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    4,536
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    GoodGamery
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by oatsmaster (#1009)
    ##Vote hollowkatt
    Firstly,I think that going on to Holyflare d1 is stupid because he will out himself as mafia later on because he somehow doesnt die. He knows how to play mafia as mafia and this aint it chief. I dont think hes ever been eliminated day 1 as scum. However he defintely has been miselimed on day 1 as town.

    I checked the votecount and I thought he had more votes than basically 1 but whatever. WE DO NOT ELIMINATE HOLYFLARE TODAY.

    However, instead we lynch HollowKatt. That is the true and righteous wagon.

    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#814)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timsup2nothin (#805)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#799)
    the latter

    english dumb
    English is dumb.

    Thanks for clarifying, and we have reached agreement.

    In my one game towning with HK the $#@!posting phase ending was CLEARLY marked by me and Hollowkatt getting in a down and dirty tunnelfest that boardered on "call the moderators to pry these guys apart" as far as some of the "we play kumbaya mafia where I come from" posters were concerned.

    HK, you went WAY too long without grabbing some prospective wolf by their imaginary tail for my tastes. I even offered to fight and you passed. Other people offered up things that could very easily have been wolfy enough for you to jump on, and you passed. This looks a lot more like "randed wolf, stay low key" than it looks like just a stretching your game making some changes kind of thing, at least to me.

    Talk to me buddy. Tell me where I'm wrong.

    ##Vote hollowkatt
    This is a goddamn trap post Tim.
    I didn't want to fight you because there wasn't anything to fight about (other than coffee) so fighting for the sake of fighting would be $#@!ing dumb. You know that too though, don't you.

    If I randed wolf and wanted to stay low key I'd be making $#@! tier reads about defensible bull$#@! but I'm not doing that, am I?

    You're baiting me into a fight so that you can say "Look, HK took the bait, he's got to be wolfing" and that's some disingenuous bull$#@! right there...
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#820)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timsup2nothin (#817)
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#814)
    This is a goddamn trap post Tim.
    I didn't want to fight you because there wasn't anything to fight about (other than coffee) so fighting for the sake of fighting would be $#@!ing dumb. You know that too though, don't you.

    If I randed wolf and wanted to stay low key I'd be making $#@! tier reads about defensible bull$#@! but I'm not doing that, am I?

    You're baiting me into a fight so that you can say "Look, HK took the bait, he's got to be wolfing" and that's some disingenuous bull$#@! right there...
    Well, no.

    I'm baiting you into a fight so I can say "okay, that's the villager HK I am more familiar with." So this is a good start, though a little late to be definitive.
    Putting the horse before the cart is a look unbecoming of you, don't you think? Look, you post bait, I take it, you come back with "little too late there HK, sorry", so what exactly is it that you want?

    I don't have some pre-prepared screed I can drop itt at a moments notice, I have to get worked up to that
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#856)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timsup2nothin (#821)
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#820)
    Putting the horse before the cart is a look unbecoming of you, don't you think? Look, you post bait, I take it, you come back with "little too late there HK, sorry", so what exactly is it that you want?

    I don't have some pre-prepared screed I can drop itt at a moments notice, I have to get worked up to that
    I dunno man. In our last game together you went like zero to sixty in three posts flat...but you didn't know how annoying I can really be back then. I'm maybe not going to be able to get a good sorting out on this situation. Chemist seemed reasonable in his expanding on my questions. You seem to be responding about how I expect. Either could be faked, but that's always possible but also harder to get away with than most people think IMO.

    I'm gonna move on here as soon as I find somewhere interesting to dig.
    ok, wait, what? You're going to bait me for a fight, claim to be able to get a read there, and then just fizzle out? Call you Mr. Inconsistent I guess.


    HollowKatt's interaction with Tim here is a bit odd, they seems kinda mad at tim but there isnt any further thinking about why tim is doing what hes doing. Its very surface level and I dont see HollowKatt really trying to figure out tim's alignment here even though it seems like a great time to do so.

    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#885)
    Quote Originally Posted by vanity. (#835)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepsaysmeep (#827)
    alright

    im bothered that, if im matching the context correctly, vanity is a pretty consensus v read and already has a ton of volume/content but hk pushes just for that one vanity post

    the unvote is also generally awkward


    gth hk is a wolf so i have no issue wiht the wagon but dont lean strongly either way
    bleh

    is anyone else getting wolf vibes from sheep? i wanted to leave him alone today for the popcorn read on litten but his recent posts just seem to be hedge-y and indecisive in a wolfy way

    though i think from my experience playing with sheep i never really get super strong villa vibes from him
    I mean their ISo is rubbish, they're waffly with reads, and generally vanish when anything useful happens.. so yee, would yeet

    ##Vote sheepsaysmeep
    This sheep vote very much feels like going after the easiest target I see in the thread currently. my current read on sheep is low hanging fruit (lhf) and its a vote thats very easy to defend and take off of. I dont really see why they also decided to vote sheep at this moment, there wasnt really any build up or any attempt to discuss their read with the people in the thread.


    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#910)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranmilia (#851)
    Yeah I guess that makes no sense to anyone else huh.

    So here's the deal, as best as I can sum it up in my exhausted state and trying my best to be emotionally respectful.

    Dels and I are friends, right. We talk. We talk about mafia, quite a lot recently. We have different mafia philosophies. We've had some long conversations on things like town strategy and different ways of looking at the game.

    He prefers townreads and tone reading and towncoring, all that standard MU stuff.

    I prefer things like vote analysis, threadstate reads, agency analysis, looking at timings of pushes and evaluating whether things make sense, trying to find the thread of scum action in the weave of town action (or at least ways to correct bad town action)...

    I collectively refer to this stuff in discussion with him using a variety of metaphors and concept-keying.
    The "Dark Arts" and "Witchcraft" are vote history analysis and threadstate analysis. That's what that's about. "The Professor" in that latest post is ME, he calls me things like that for reasons I do not understand and treated as jokes, until this game.

    In this game, ever since his entry Dels has been tying himself to me, ultra super omega hardcore, and it has been driving me up the wall. And also not helping town at all, I can't think of reasons why he would do any of this as town. Just being a wolf and either freaking out or trying a very misguided pocket or disruption. In following post I will begin the dredge through the ISO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dels (#852)
    I don't know which part requires emotional respect. >_> I don't feel I've done anything wrong. That's why I'm asking for clarification about what I can and can't say. I'm worried to even ask more specifically about it, or even to bring it up at all.

    But I would like to see the ISO because I don't understand why you're not understanding me! In particular about one specific thing! Also you called yourself a professor in your wall! You literally used the word!

    If you'd prefer me to just stop talking then please tell me...
    This just feels town/town to me. Like Ran is trying super hard not to have to wolf read Dels whereas Dels is trying super hard to get Ran to realize he's town and really I think they're just miscommunicating right now.

    Like unless Dels wolfgame is godlike the AtE here on his part rings true to me. Likewise, Ran seems to be really trying to process and parse what Dels is doing and while again, could be godlike wolf I just don't see it.
    TMI like what I said earlier, I dont see why you would have this take again early. Its a really well explained town read, id say easily best in the thread from them so far but its just like in such an odd position that the rest of their content isnt like that and I think its because HollowKatt knows that they are both town.


    Spoiler bc that's a big post, but I really want to talk about this one:
    Quote Originally Posted by oatsmaster (#1009)
    TMI like what I said earlier, I dont see why you would have this take again early. Its a really well explained town read, id say easily best in the thread from them so far but its just like in such an odd position that the rest of their content isnt like that and I think its because HollowKatt knows that they are both town.
    this is such a bull$#@! take it's not even funny. You're going to wolf read me for TMI b/c I made an insightful read on two people who were having a large conflict at the time I got to their posts and THATS wolfy? what the actual $#@! mate?

    I can't have well explained town reads that make sense unless I'm exactly a wolf? In what universe is that a reasonable thing to think lol

  4. ISO #1354
    Professional Mod Pesterer Timsup2nothin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Where the winds of limbo roar
    Posts
    3,082
    Community
    Civ Fanatics Center
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by oatsmaster (#1343)
    Quote Originally Posted by vanity. (#1331)
    Quote Originally Posted by oatsmaster (#1323)
    Quote Originally Posted by vanity. (#1318)
    honestly it seems like half of oats' arguments come from just a different in mafia philosophy here. i don't think omgus is wolfy personally, there are several games on mu where i have blatantly omgus'd as a villa.

    i'm just not sure if oats is completely oblivious to this or if he's just doing this to thread$#@!
    Okay that’s fine, that’s not the main point to everyone reading this post.

    Do you think that Tims “anti town” agenda which is that me and holyflare are trying to eliminate him makes any sense at all? How is that an anti-town agenda?
    ?

    because if tim is a villager him getting misdefenestrated is bad? thus you or holyflare could be wolfing as a result?

    or am i missing the point here? that line of thinking isn't necessarily always true but it isn't absurd i don't think
    When I say anti town agenda, I talk about something that everyone can see and it affects the entire town, for example like fakeclaiming something, or making posts that consistently derail conversation. Basically not “they scumread me so they have an “anti town” agenda, when nobody even knows if Tim is town or not so how can that be an anti town agenda? Does that make sense?
    Last post and I'm out...

    Consider that even people who don't "know" that I'm town might be seeing "hmmm, trying to chop the low hanging fruit...is that an opportunistic wolf?"

    Then they might root around in your reasoning like I did with Holyflares "case" on me and say "gosh, this seems like a bunch of mostly NAI stuff dressed up in a cheap wolf suit...what's Holyflare up to here?"

    Then they might look at you and Holyflare acting like a WWE tag team wresting championship is in progress and taking turns just singlemindedly pushing this weak LHF case like it is the answer to the great game riddle and has been revealed to you on some mountain and think that your certainty is odd.

    And normally I would just continue to reflect that back at you for as long as you wanted to push it, but I have (charity volunteer) work to do...plus I am out of posts...so c ya!

  5. ISO #1355
    Automatic Game Mod Mafia Host's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    209,662
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Season 7, Game Spec: A Spec Chat Warrior Semi-Invitational Day 1 Votecount

    Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    6 Litten Ampharos (98), Paratroopa (30), iaafr (135), Dels (110), Chemist1422 (56), Ranmilia (46)
    5 hollowkatt vanity. (113), sheepsaysmeep (58), Amrock (74), oatsmaster (87), nutella (86)
    1 iaafr Litten (90)
    1 Ranmilia Holyflare (83)
    1 sheepsaysmeep hollowkatt (92)
    1 Holyflare Timsup2nothin (150)

    View Vote History

    Day 1 ends at 8:00 PM EDT on Tuesday, June 30th, 2020. There are 1593561660000 remaining.

  6. ISO #1356
    plinko boards and waterfalls vanity.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    5,271
    Community
    mafia.gg
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    oh lolme

    sorry dels carry on, when tim said "due to source" i didn't put the pieces together that the source was you

  7. ISO #1357
    Soul Reader nutella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    1,949
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Timsup2nothin (#1307)
    Quote Originally Posted by oatsmaster (#1301)
    Like I feel like I’m getting gaslighted somehow because Tim is saying objectively ridiculous things but no one seems to care and people actually want to argue for him?
    Consider that your reasons for wanting to mischop me look suspect.

    As in "why would v!Oats be wanting to chop Tim?" Hmmm. Hard question, maybe just ask "why would w!Oats be wanting to mischop Tim?" Oh, hey, that just a much easier question to answer.
    I don't understand how anyone can wolf read oats at this point

    probably means you're town?

    hm

  8. ISO #1358
    Season 4 Champion Dels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    13,930
    Community
    Gamefaqs
    Gender
    Anyway, to be more clear:

    Tim and Hollowkatt have both gone after each other thoroughly, and have concluded that they didn't find anything.

    Same with Holy and Oats.

    I'm willing to trust both of these pairs that their tussles didn't turn up anything, and vote elsewhere on all four counts.

    Does anyone object?

  9. ISO #1359
    GOAT Tier Litten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    12,190
    Community
    Throne Of Lies
    AKA
    FK, Firekitten
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    The fact that I have a 6 vote wagon when I have been transparent with my thoughts and have had made long posts in a quick manner that come from stream of conscious, is absolutely appalling. With that being said, right now I’m pretty sure on iaafr and Amy being town based on my earlier read of them. Dels I’m leaning town with how they handled that JOAT situation. That leaves Para/Chemist/Ram and I’m guessing there’s at most probably one wolf in that group, if there are any.

  10. ISO #1360
    GOAT Tier Litten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    12,190
    Community
    Throne Of Lies
    AKA
    FK, Firekitten
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Dels (#1358)
    Anyway, to be more clear:

    Tim and Hollowkatt have both gone after each other thoroughly, and have concluded that they didn't find anything.

    Same with Holy and Oats.

    I'm willing to trust both of these pairs that their tussles didn't turn up anything, and vote elsewhere on all four counts.

    Does anyone object?
    I can agree with the Holy/Oat part, the Hollowkatt part though I want to wait on as I’m trying to sort them with my question that I’m waiting for them to answer.

  11. ISO #1361
    Quote Originally Posted by vanity. (#1350)
    Quote Originally Posted by oatsmaster (#1347)
    Quote Originally Posted by vanity. (#1345)
    ok why is so much equivocating going on

    pls
    what’s equivocating and why does that bother you?

    On a side note, people love answering questions not directed at them in this game lol
    equivocating is basically using language in an unclear way that is typically stripped of the words' typical definitions.

    so when you said, "anti-town agenda" i assumed that basically meant "agenda against what is good for town". but instead, you gave me a completely different, unintuitive definition

    same thing with dels. he meant "trust" in a completely different way than it's typically used

    it's probably not on purpose but it's wasting time trying to address people when they aren't using language clearly, so i'd rather not waste more time on this
    Well tim said anti town agenda, and he said it like it would be visible to everyone. Someone scumreading you wrongly isn’t an anti town agenda. I think that is pretty clear and objective

  12. ISO #1362
    plinko boards and waterfalls vanity.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    5,271
    Community
    mafia.gg
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    so are you just gonna completely dodge any attacks on you litten in favor of "LOL I'M TOWN YOU'RE ALL BAD"?

  13. ISO #1363
    GOAT Tier Litten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    12,190
    Community
    Throne Of Lies
    AKA
    FK, Firekitten
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    I’m having trouble where to go on from here in order to sort out people. I have a nice group of people that I don’t want to lynch today, however outside that I don’t really know how to approach getting an accurate read on the other people as they haven’t been really wolfy, they just haven’t been townie enough.

  14. ISO #1364
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#1353)
    Quote Originally Posted by oatsmaster (#1009)
    ##Vote hollowkatt
    Firstly,I think that going on to Holyflare d1 is stupid because he will out himself as mafia later on because he somehow doesnt die. He knows how to play mafia as mafia and this aint it chief. I dont think hes ever been eliminated day 1 as scum. However he defintely has been miselimed on day 1 as town.

    I checked the votecount and I thought he had more votes than basically 1 but whatever. WE DO NOT ELIMINATE HOLYFLARE TODAY.

    However, instead we lynch HollowKatt. That is the true and righteous wagon.

    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#814)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timsup2nothin (#805)
    English is dumb.

    Thanks for clarifying, and we have reached agreement.

    In my one game towning with HK the $#@!posting phase ending was CLEARLY marked by me and Hollowkatt getting in a down and dirty tunnelfest that boardered on "call the moderators to pry these guys apart" as far as some of the "we play kumbaya mafia where I come from" posters were concerned.

    HK, you went WAY too long without grabbing some prospective wolf by their imaginary tail for my tastes. I even offered to fight and you passed. Other people offered up things that could very easily have been wolfy enough for you to jump on, and you passed. This looks a lot more like "randed wolf, stay low key" than it looks like just a stretching your game making some changes kind of thing, at least to me.

    Talk to me buddy. Tell me where I'm wrong.

    ##Vote hollowkatt
    This is a goddamn trap post Tim.
    I didn't want to fight you because there wasn't anything to fight about (other than coffee) so fighting for the sake of fighting would be $#@!ing dumb. You know that too though, don't you.

    If I randed wolf and wanted to stay low key I'd be making $#@! tier reads about defensible bull$#@! but I'm not doing that, am I?

    You're baiting me into a fight so that you can say "Look, HK took the bait, he's got to be wolfing" and that's some disingenuous bull$#@! right there...
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#820)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timsup2nothin (#817)
    Well, no.

    I'm baiting you into a fight so I can say "okay, that's the villager HK I am more familiar with." So this is a good start, though a little late to be definitive.
    Putting the horse before the cart is a look unbecoming of you, don't you think? Look, you post bait, I take it, you come back with "little too late there HK, sorry", so what exactly is it that you want?

    I don't have some pre-prepared screed I can drop itt at a moments notice, I have to get worked up to that
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#856)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timsup2nothin (#821)
    I dunno man. In our last game together you went like zero to sixty in three posts flat...but you didn't know how annoying I can really be back then. I'm maybe not going to be able to get a good sorting out on this situation. Chemist seemed reasonable in his expanding on my questions. You seem to be responding about how I expect. Either could be faked, but that's always possible but also harder to get away with than most people think IMO.

    I'm gonna move on here as soon as I find somewhere interesting to dig.
    ok, wait, what? You're going to bait me for a fight, claim to be able to get a read there, and then just fizzle out? Call you Mr. Inconsistent I guess.


    HollowKatt's interaction with Tim here is a bit odd, they seems kinda mad at tim but there isnt any further thinking about why tim is doing what hes doing. Its very surface level and I dont see HollowKatt really trying to figure out tim's alignment here even though it seems like a great time to do so.

    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#885)
    Quote Originally Posted by vanity. (#835)
    bleh

    is anyone else getting wolf vibes from sheep? i wanted to leave him alone today for the popcorn read on litten but his recent posts just seem to be hedge-y and indecisive in a wolfy way

    though i think from my experience playing with sheep i never really get super strong villa vibes from him
    I mean their ISo is rubbish, they're waffly with reads, and generally vanish when anything useful happens.. so yee, would yeet

    ##Vote sheepsaysmeep
    This sheep vote very much feels like going after the easiest target I see in the thread currently. my current read on sheep is low hanging fruit (lhf) and its a vote thats very easy to defend and take off of. I dont really see why they also decided to vote sheep at this moment, there wasnt really any build up or any attempt to discuss their read with the people in the thread.


    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#910)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranmilia (#851)
    Yeah I guess that makes no sense to anyone else huh.

    So here's the deal, as best as I can sum it up in my exhausted state and trying my best to be emotionally respectful.

    Dels and I are friends, right. We talk. We talk about mafia, quite a lot recently. We have different mafia philosophies. We've had some long conversations on things like town strategy and different ways of looking at the game.

    He prefers townreads and tone reading and towncoring, all that standard MU stuff.

    I prefer things like vote analysis, threadstate reads, agency analysis, looking at timings of pushes and evaluating whether things make sense, trying to find the thread of scum action in the weave of town action (or at least ways to correct bad town action)...

    I collectively refer to this stuff in discussion with him using a variety of metaphors and concept-keying.
    The "Dark Arts" and "Witchcraft" are vote history analysis and threadstate analysis. That's what that's about. "The Professor" in that latest post is ME, he calls me things like that for reasons I do not understand and treated as jokes, until this game.

    In this game, ever since his entry Dels has been tying himself to me, ultra super omega hardcore, and it has been driving me up the wall. And also not helping town at all, I can't think of reasons why he would do any of this as town. Just being a wolf and either freaking out or trying a very misguided pocket or disruption. In following post I will begin the dredge through the ISO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dels (#852)
    I don't know which part requires emotional respect. >_> I don't feel I've done anything wrong. That's why I'm asking for clarification about what I can and can't say. I'm worried to even ask more specifically about it, or even to bring it up at all.

    But I would like to see the ISO because I don't understand why you're not understanding me! In particular about one specific thing! Also you called yourself a professor in your wall! You literally used the word!

    If you'd prefer me to just stop talking then please tell me...
    This just feels town/town to me. Like Ran is trying super hard not to have to wolf read Dels whereas Dels is trying super hard to get Ran to realize he's town and really I think they're just miscommunicating right now.

    Like unless Dels wolfgame is godlike the AtE here on his part rings true to me. Likewise, Ran seems to be really trying to process and parse what Dels is doing and while again, could be godlike wolf I just don't see it.
    TMI like what I said earlier, I dont see why you would have this take again early. Its a really well explained town read, id say easily best in the thread from them so far but its just like in such an odd position that the rest of their content isnt like that and I think its because HollowKatt knows that they are both town.


    Spoiler bc that's a big post, but I really want to talk about this one:
    Quote Originally Posted by oatsmaster (#1009)
    TMI like what I said earlier, I dont see why you would have this take again early. Its a really well explained town read, id say easily best in the thread from them so far but its just like in such an odd position that the rest of their content isnt like that and I think its because HollowKatt knows that they are both town.
    this is such a bull$#@! take it's not even funny. You're going to wolf read me for TMI b/c I made an insightful read on two people who were having a large conflict at the time I got to their posts and THATS wolfy? what the actual $#@! mate?

    I can't have well explained town reads that make sense unless I'm exactly a wolf? In what universe is that a reasonable thing to think lol
    To expand on this a little more, I think that those two reads are the best and most explained reads that hollowkatt has given this game by far. It is scummy to me that he shows this quality but only once and only for townreads.
    We can drop the TMI, people disagree that’s fine.

  15. ISO #1365
    GOAT Tier Litten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    12,190
    Community
    Throne Of Lies
    AKA
    FK, Firekitten
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by vanity. (#1362)
    so are you just gonna completely dodge any attacks on you litten in favor of "LOL I'M TOWN YOU'RE ALL BAD"?
    I’m saying their case is wrong, I haven’t called them bad. I don’t really see any point in arguing against the large case, I don’t really like to argue against cases made against me.

  16. ISO #1366
    Soul Reader nutella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    1,949
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by vanity. (#1315)
    ok so i've read over the litten case and i don't even want to address it immediately myself, i want to address someone else's opinion on it:

    @nutella, why do you think litten could still be a villager in light of the case?
    bc my initial reaction to most of his early posts was that they were just genuine

    like I can see the points amy is making and can definitely read litten's posts from that perspective (and his posts today have been trending down imo)

    but there was a point early in the phase where I just thought he was being pretty transparent with his thoughts

    also i want to believe the joat claim but maybe i shouldnt weigh that in

  17. ISO #1367
    Soul Reader nutella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    1,949
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Dels (#1324)
    Quote Originally Posted by Litten (#1316)
    Dels I read earlier that you were able to read Para, what are your current thoughts on that slot? I find them town, however I feel like they are a respected wolf even though I never played with them before because Amy mentioned that they wanted to sheep your read.
    I don't have a read on him. He seems fine so far. Haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. Townlean by default, basically, yes, because his posts are good.
    how? i don't remember, like, anything shes said

  18. ISO #1368
    Quote Originally Posted by Timsup2nothin (#1354)
    Quote Originally Posted by oatsmaster (#1343)
    Quote Originally Posted by vanity. (#1331)
    Quote Originally Posted by oatsmaster (#1323)
    Okay that’s fine, that’s not the main point to everyone reading this post.

    Do you think that Tims “anti town” agenda which is that me and holyflare are trying to eliminate him makes any sense at all? How is that an anti-town agenda?
    ?

    because if tim is a villager him getting misdefenestrated is bad? thus you or holyflare could be wolfing as a result?

    or am i missing the point here? that line of thinking isn't necessarily always true but it isn't absurd i don't think
    When I say anti town agenda, I talk about something that everyone can see and it affects the entire town, for example like fakeclaiming something, or making posts that consistently derail conversation. Basically not “they scumread me so they have an “anti town” agenda, when nobody even knows if Tim is town or not so how can that be an anti town agenda? Does that make sense?
    Last post and I'm out...

    Consider that even people who don't "know" that I'm town might be seeing "hmmm, trying to chop the low hanging fruit...is that an opportunistic wolf?"

    Then they might root around in your reasoning like I did with Holyflares "case" on me and say "gosh, this seems like a bunch of mostly NAI stuff dressed up in a cheap wolf suit...what's Holyflare up to here?"

    Then they might look at you and Holyflare acting like a WWE tag team wresting championship is in progress and taking turns just singlemindedly pushing this weak LHF case like it is the answer to the great game riddle and has been revealed to you on some mountain and think that your certainty is odd.

    And normally I would just continue to reflect that back at you for as long as you wanted to push it, but I have (charity volunteer) work to do...plus I am out of posts...so c ya!
    I don’t think anyone has said the first part of your statement about my read on you specifically so I really don’t know why you feel the need to lie about something like that if you were town, furthermore, I also don’t know why you are hypothesizing a bunch of what people “might do” instead of saying what theyve actually done.

  19. ISO #1369
    Automatic Game Mod Mafia Host's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    209,662
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Season 7, Game Spec: A Spec Chat Warrior Semi-Invitational Day 1 Votecount

    Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    6 Litten Ampharos (98), Paratroopa (30), iaafr (135), Dels (111), Chemist1422 (56), Ranmilia (46)
    5 hollowkatt vanity. (115), sheepsaysmeep (58), Amrock (74), oatsmaster (90), nutella (89)
    1 iaafr Litten (94)
    1 Ranmilia Holyflare (83)
    1 sheepsaysmeep hollowkatt (92)
    1 Holyflare Timsup2nothin (150)

    View Vote History

    Day 1 ends at 8:00 PM EDT on Tuesday, June 30th, 2020. There are 1593561660000 remaining.

  20. ISO #1370
    Soul Reader Holyflare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,226
    Community
    Team Liquid Mafia
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#1325)
    Quote Originally Posted by Litten (#1319)
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#1317)
    Quote Originally Posted by Litten (#1282)
    @hollowkatt can you do me a favor and make a never lynch list and a list of people you would like to lynch today? I want to see where your head is at today.
    never yeet today:

    Amy
    Ran
    Amrock
    Dels


    would yeet today:
    sheep
    holy
    you
    Why does it feel like you are so narrow minded this game.
    Sorry, what do you mean narrow minded? There are some super obvs villagers in this game to me, those are the never yeets.

    The would yeets are the people I'm most suspect of, and everyone else is in that middle ground where they could be wolfing, could be town, but I don't have enough to go on for either direction. Not saying they're all a null read, but they're not in the yeet or sheep piles
    Why are you suspect of me? I feel like you have said nothing about me all game?

  21. ISO #1371
    Soul Reader nutella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    1,949
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Dels (#1341)
    Quote Originally Posted by vanity. (#1340)
    fwiw dels the massive amount of people that know you decently well (i.e. amy, para) have you as a villager for the way you're playing so i don't really wanna look at you today

    dunno about anyone else tho
    I didn't mean trust as town, I meant trust as in respect
    first of all, what, that's not what that means

    second of all, you're a literal champion, you shouldn't be baffled at being respected

  22. ISO #1372
    Soul Reader Holyflare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,226
    Community
    Team Liquid Mafia
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Timsup2nothin (#1326)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dels (#1321)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timsup2nothin (#1314)
    That's why I always look to have other people back up my reads in situations where I am emotionally invested (which is most situations).
    well. oats is a townie, so.
    That'd be why I am not driving any wagons on him today. If a bunch of people become convinced that you are wrong there I might follow them, but your argument carries considerable weight too.
    His argument is literally just calling oats town lol? What kind of meek af backing down is that.

  23. ISO #1373
    Season 4 Champion Dels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    13,930
    Community
    Gamefaqs
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by nutella (#1371)
    first of all, what, that's not what that means
    he literally said he was respecting my read

    that means he was trusting my read out of respect

    that's literally what it means

    how are we seriously having this argument and why am i wasting posts on it

  24. ISO #1374
    Soul Reader nutella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    1,949
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Dels (#1351)
    i did not lmao, in the context of tim's post it's clear he was talking about trusting my read due to respecting me and so i was using it in the same sense. "trust" can mean "trust me to be town" or "trust me to be right" and i was using the latter.
    oh

    I.....guess that makes sense

  25. ISO #1375
    Sorry, @Ampharos, but your case against @Litten is purely NAI for litten

    I can see where you are coming from but a genuine question: have you ever seen Litten as town? He's LAMISTY and over-explainy and uses too many words no matter what his alignment.

    If Litten is actually a wolf, then everyone voting him randomly stumbled into it for NAI things glgl

    Trying to resist the urge to say litten is locktown just because I know the case is bad for litten, but also bad cases can sometimes be right randomly

  26. ISO #1376
    Soul Reader nutella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    1,949
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Litten (#1352)
    Quote Originally Posted by nutella (#1348)
    Quote Originally Posted by Litten (#1271)
    While waiting for holy to answer that question, while skimming the thread I remembered a post that Oats made, and I went back to look for it. Unless Oats is mafia with Holy, I don’t think oats is actually mafia judging by the game state.

    Quote Originally Posted by oatsmaster (#1009)
    ##Vote hollowkatt
    Firstly,I think that going on to Holyflare d1 is stupid because he will out himself as mafia later on because he somehow doesnt die.
    If oats is mafia and is active in mafia chat, I would think mafia would be talking about who to kill during the night and who to mislynch. Based on how this game went so far, I don’t think mafia would be likely to kill Holyflare during the night. I also don’t think oats is the type of person who would make this post knowing that.
    In case you don’t understand what I mean, here’s a better explanation. Oats may be used to Holy getting SPK’ed in games which is why they are saying leave the person alive. However, if they are in mafia chat, I’m pretty sure mafia chat would be talking about who to kill/lynch and Oats would had to have realized that Holy wasn’t going to be an option during the night based off what they should be discussing, if my game state read is correct. I think oats is the type of person to be influenced by what they see in mafia chat, to the point of where they never make that post if they realized Holy wasn’t an option.

    Does that make sense?
    I understood what you meant


    it was a wolfy perspective lol




    (also just not having already towncleared oats and having to find reasoning like this to townclear him is wolfy)

  27. ISO #1377
    GOAT Tier Litten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    12,190
    Community
    Throne Of Lies
    AKA
    FK, Firekitten
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Dels (#1373)
    Quote Originally Posted by nutella (#1371)
    first of all, what, that's not what that means
    he literally said he was respecting my read

    that means he was trusting my read out of respect

    that's literally what it means

    how are we seriously having this argument and why am i wasting posts on it
    Dels this is a random thought but do you remember a long time ago in a mash where I was town and when you were a wolf. If you do remember it, do you remember why i town read you in that mash because I don’t but I remember being pocketed because of something and it’s scratching my head that I can’t remember it.

  28. ISO #1378
    Season 4 Champion Dels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    13,930
    Community
    Gamefaqs
    Gender
    no

  29. ISO #1379
    Reading back now, just wanted to look at the case bc of the wagon

  30. ISO #1380
    Distinguished Medal of Sneaky Framing hollowkatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    4,536
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    GoodGamery
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by oatsmaster (#1364)
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#1353)
    Quote Originally Posted by oatsmaster (#1009)
    ##Vote hollowkatt
    Firstly,I think that going on to Holyflare d1 is stupid because he will out himself as mafia later on because he somehow doesnt die. He knows how to play mafia as mafia and this aint it chief. I dont think hes ever been eliminated day 1 as scum. However he defintely has been miselimed on day 1 as town.

    I checked the votecount and I thought he had more votes than basically 1 but whatever. WE DO NOT ELIMINATE HOLYFLARE TODAY.

    However, instead we lynch HollowKatt. That is the true and righteous wagon.

    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#814)
    This is a goddamn trap post Tim.
    I didn't want to fight you because there wasn't anything to fight about (other than coffee) so fighting for the sake of fighting would be $#@!ing dumb. You know that too though, don't you.

    If I randed wolf and wanted to stay low key I'd be making $#@! tier reads about defensible bull$#@! but I'm not doing that, am I?

    You're baiting me into a fight so that you can say "Look, HK took the bait, he's got to be wolfing" and that's some disingenuous bull$#@! right there...
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#820)
    Putting the horse before the cart is a look unbecoming of you, don't you think? Look, you post bait, I take it, you come back with "little too late there HK, sorry", so what exactly is it that you want?

    I don't have some pre-prepared screed I can drop itt at a moments notice, I have to get worked up to that
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#856)
    ok, wait, what? You're going to bait me for a fight, claim to be able to get a read there, and then just fizzle out? Call you Mr. Inconsistent I guess.


    HollowKatt's interaction with Tim here is a bit odd, they seems kinda mad at tim but there isnt any further thinking about why tim is doing what hes doing. Its very surface level and I dont see HollowKatt really trying to figure out tim's alignment here even though it seems like a great time to do so.

    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#885)
    I mean their ISo is rubbish, they're waffly with reads, and generally vanish when anything useful happens.. so yee, would yeet

    ##Vote sheepsaysmeep
    This sheep vote very much feels like going after the easiest target I see in the thread currently. my current read on sheep is low hanging fruit (lhf) and its a vote thats very easy to defend and take off of. I dont really see why they also decided to vote sheep at this moment, there wasnt really any build up or any attempt to discuss their read with the people in the thread.


    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#910)
    I don't know which part requires emotional respect. >_> I don't feel I've done anything wrong. That's why I'm asking for clarification about what I can and can't say. I'm worried to even ask more specifically about it, or even to bring it up at all.

    But I would like to see the ISO because I don't understand why you're not understanding me! In particular about one specific thing! Also you called yourself a professor in your wall! You literally used the word!

    If you'd prefer me to just stop talking then please tell me...

    This just feels town/town to me. Like Ran is trying super hard not to have to wolf read Dels whereas Dels is trying super hard to get Ran to realize he's town and really I think they're just miscommunicating right now.

    Like unless Dels wolfgame is godlike the AtE here on his part rings true to me. Likewise, Ran seems to be really trying to process and parse what Dels is doing and while again, could be godlike wolf I just don't see it.
    TMI like what I said earlier, I dont see why you would have this take again early. Its a really well explained town read, id say easily best in the thread from them so far but its just like in such an odd position that the rest of their content isnt like that and I think its because HollowKatt knows that they are both town.


    Spoiler bc that's a big post, but I really want to talk about this one:
    Quote Originally Posted by oatsmaster (#1009)
    TMI like what I said earlier, I dont see why you would have this take again early. Its a really well explained town read, id say easily best in the thread from them so far but its just like in such an odd position that the rest of their content isnt like that and I think its because HollowKatt knows that they are both town.
    this is such a bull$#@! take it's not even funny. You're going to wolf read me for TMI b/c I made an insightful read on two people who were having a large conflict at the time I got to their posts and THATS wolfy? what the actual $#@! mate?

    I can't have well explained town reads that make sense unless I'm exactly a wolf? In what universe is that a reasonable thing to think lol
    To expand on this a little more, I think that those two reads are the best and most explained reads that hollowkatt has given this game by far. It is scummy to me that he shows this quality but only once and only for townreads.
    We can drop the TMI, people disagree that’s fine.
    Here's something for reference that Tim asked earlier in the thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#352)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timsup2nothin (#283)
    Okay, I'm out for several hours. By the time I get back I'm guessing that pretty much everyone will be past the $#@!post phase so I will need to be serious when I am catching up. This justifies a serious question and I'd appreciate it if you would @ me when you answer.

    Is the next step for you finding town, or hunting wolves?
    @Timsup2nothin finding town
    I find town much easier than I find wolves, it's just where my skill-set is strongest. I'm better at finding people I don't want to yeet early in the game and as the game goes on I get better at finding wolves. I mean sure, we can fight about style/method differences, but for you to take that I've given a solid town read and tell me it's wolfy and TMI is uncool

  31. ISO #1381
    plinko boards and waterfalls vanity.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    5,271
    Community
    mafia.gg
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Litten (#1365)
    Quote Originally Posted by vanity. (#1362)
    so are you just gonna completely dodge any attacks on you litten in favor of "LOL I'M TOWN YOU'RE ALL BAD"?
    I’m saying their case is wrong, I haven’t called them bad. I don’t really see any point in arguing against the large case, I don’t really like to argue against cases made against me.
    i'm just going to consider "bad" and "wrong" to be synonymous with each other because in a mafia game sense they usually mean the same thing anyways

    Quote Originally Posted by nutella (#1366)
    Quote Originally Posted by vanity. (#1315)
    ok so i've read over the litten case and i don't even want to address it immediately myself, i want to address someone else's opinion on it:

    @nutella, why do you think litten could still be a villager in light of the case?
    bc my initial reaction to most of his early posts was that they were just genuine

    like I can see the points amy is making and can definitely read litten's posts from that perspective (and his posts today have been trending down imo)

    but there was a point early in the phase where I just thought he was being pretty transparent with his thoughts

    also i want to believe the joat claim but maybe i shouldnt weigh that in
    alright i'm going to address the case now, but i did want nutella's opinion for the sole reason that i did think it was strange to think "yeah the case is convincing but litten's might still town". maybe it's analogous to the me vs ccc situation to wc1? but i do think the situations are distinctly different

    also slightly hedge-y but whatever

    anyways i do think the case is convincing and litten is going to have to downtrend in light of it. litten deflecting off the case doesn't really look good either, but from what i can infer, that doesn't seem to be alignment indicative for him.

    litten does seem to be using more words than necessary when taking a microscope to his posts. the "after i got my rolecard" thing just seems like an aside that goes against litten's goal of being "blindingly town" as he calls it

    i will iso litten a bit more in depth to give my own opinion on this matter because, like i said earlier, my early townreads tend to be good and one of my first townreads was litten. but i can't ignore the case, especially since litten is trying to just dodge around it so blatantly.

    think the most important thing is to find an agenda behind litten's posts (if there are any)

  32. ISO #1382
    GOAT Tier Litten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    12,190
    Community
    Throne Of Lies
    AKA
    FK, Firekitten
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Amrock (#1375)
    Sorry, @Ampharos, but your case against @Litten is purely NAI for litten

    I can see where you are coming from but a genuine question: have you ever seen Litten as town? He's LAMISTY and over-explainy and uses too many words no matter what his alignment.

    If Litten is actually a wolf, then everyone voting him randomly stumbled into it for NAI things glgl

    Trying to resist the urge to say litten is locktown just because I know the case is bad for litten, but also bad cases can sometimes be right randomly


    Have you actually seen me play town in a game? I swear I have switched play styles every game I rolled town on MU. I don’t really remember ever playing like this as town in a previous game of mine.

  33. ISO #1383
    Quote Originally Posted by Litten (#1382)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amrock (#1375)
    Sorry, @Ampharos, but your case against @Litten is purely NAI for litten

    I can see where you are coming from but a genuine question: have you ever seen Litten as town? He's LAMISTY and over-explainy and uses too many words no matter what his alignment.

    If Litten is actually a wolf, then everyone voting him randomly stumbled into it for NAI things glgl

    Trying to resist the urge to say litten is locktown just because I know the case is bad for litten, but also bad cases can sometimes be right randomly


    Have you actually seen me play town in a game? I swear I have switched play styles every game I rolled town on MU. I don’t really remember ever playing like this as town in a previous game of mine.
    Yes? I just had an in-depth look into hours upon hours of your town gameplay in the bastard game I hosted lmao, both in thread and in your neighbor chat which I was highly amused with

    Also probably dozens and dozens of turbos

  34. ISO #1384
    Soul Reader nutella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    1,949
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#1353)
    this is such a bull$#@! take it's not even funny. You're going to wolf read me for TMI b/c I made an insightful read on two people who were having a large conflict at the time I got to their posts and THATS wolfy? what the actual $#@! mate?

    I can't have well explained town reads that make sense unless I'm exactly a wolf? In what universe is that a reasonable thing to think lol


    hmmm I have to admit this feels more like bastardfiesta (town) HK than g1 (wolf) HK



    $#@! it


    ##Vote Litten



    his response to pressure is bad and his oats thing is bad

  35. ISO #1385
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#1007)
    Upon rereading while not multitasking, the way Ran cleared me for my claim is actually extremely villagery.

    Already had them in the veto pile but now I feel good about it.
    Just felt the urge to comment on this and say that I still think Ran could be within their wolfrange

    glgl

  36. ISO #1386
    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#1020)
    i have pause on litten because i know he tends to give off LAMIST vibes as a villager

    but he's still voting me so...

    oh my god litten sucks

    ##Vote Litten
    Meh

  37. ISO #1387
    Soul Reader nutella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    1,949
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Amrock (#1375)
    Sorry, @Ampharos, but your case against @Litten is purely NAI for litten

    I can see where you are coming from but a genuine question: have you ever seen Litten as town? He's LAMISTY and over-explainy and uses too many words no matter what his alignment.

    If Litten is actually a wolf, then everyone voting him randomly stumbled into it for NAI things glgl

    Trying to resist the urge to say litten is locktown just because I know the case is bad for litten, but also bad cases can sometimes be right randomly
    i believe this bc i felt the same about amy's case

    but

    litten's recent posts are garbo

  38. ISO #1388
    GOAT Tier Litten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    12,190
    Community
    Throne Of Lies
    AKA
    FK, Firekitten
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Amrock (#1383)
    Quote Originally Posted by Litten (#1382)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amrock (#1375)
    Sorry, @Ampharos, but your case against @Litten is purely NAI for litten

    I can see where you are coming from but a genuine question: have you ever seen Litten as town? He's LAMISTY and over-explainy and uses too many words no matter what his alignment.

    If Litten is actually a wolf, then everyone voting him randomly stumbled into it for NAI things glgl

    Trying to resist the urge to say litten is locktown just because I know the case is bad for litten, but also bad cases can sometimes be right randomly


    Have you actually seen me play town in a game? I swear I have switched play styles every game I rolled town on MU. I don’t really remember ever playing like this as town in a previous game of mine.
    Yes? I just had an in-depth look into hours upon hours of your town gameplay in the bastard game I hosted lmao, both in thread and in your neighbor chat which I was highly amused with

    Also probably dozens and dozens of turbos
    If you actually did this then what did you learn from reading hours of hours of my gameplay?

  39. ISO #1389
    Soul Reader nutella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    1,949
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Litten (#1377)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dels (#1373)
    Quote Originally Posted by nutella (#1371)
    first of all, what, that's not what that means
    he literally said he was respecting my read

    that means he was trusting my read out of respect

    that's literally what it means

    how are we seriously having this argument and why am i wasting posts on it
    Dels this is a random thought but do you remember a long time ago in a mash where I was town and when you were a wolf. If you do remember it, do you remember why i town read you in that mash because I don’t but I remember being pocketed because of something and it’s scratching my head that I can’t remember it.
    why on earth does this post exist

  40. ISO #1390
    GOAT Tier Litten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    12,190
    Community
    Throne Of Lies
    AKA
    FK, Firekitten
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by nutella (#1389)
    Quote Originally Posted by Litten (#1377)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dels (#1373)
    Quote Originally Posted by nutella (#1371)
    first of all, what, that's not what that means
    he literally said he was respecting my read

    that means he was trusting my read out of respect

    that's literally what it means

    how are we seriously having this argument and why am i wasting posts on it
    Dels this is a random thought but do you remember a long time ago in a mash where I was town and when you were a wolf. If you do remember it, do you remember why i town read you in that mash because I don’t but I remember being pocketed because of something and it’s scratching my head that I can’t remember it.
    why on earth does this post exist
    I randomly thought of it for some reason, I don’t really know why I did, however I did.

  41. ISO #1391
    Soul Reader nutella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    1,949
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by vanity. (#1381)
    i'm just going to consider "bad" and "wrong" to be synonymous with each other because in a mafia game sense they usually mean the same thing anyways

    fwiw I usually use "bad" as synonymous with "wolfy"

    just a culture/background thing ig

  42. ISO #1392
    Quote Originally Posted by Litten (#1388)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amrock (#1383)
    Quote Originally Posted by Litten (#1382)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amrock (#1375)
    Sorry, @Ampharos, but your case against @Litten is purely NAI for litten

    I can see where you are coming from but a genuine question: have you ever seen Litten as town? He's LAMISTY and over-explainy and uses too many words no matter what his alignment.

    If Litten is actually a wolf, then everyone voting him randomly stumbled into it for NAI things glgl

    Trying to resist the urge to say litten is locktown just because I know the case is bad for litten, but also bad cases can sometimes be right randomly


    Have you actually seen me play town in a game? I swear I have switched play styles every game I rolled town on MU. I don’t really remember ever playing like this as town in a previous game of mine.
    Yes? I just had an in-depth look into hours upon hours of your town gameplay in the bastard game I hosted lmao, both in thread and in your neighbor chat which I was highly amused with

    Also probably dozens and dozens of turbos
    If you actually did this then what did you learn from reading hours of hours of my gameplay?
    Presumably, how you think as a villager? Where are you going with this Litten

  43. ISO #1393
    plinko boards and waterfalls vanity.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    5,271
    Community
    mafia.gg
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    oh almost forgot @Ranmilia how much meta experience do you have with holyflare if any? i remember you saying something about holyflare being a good wolf in spec chat and i want to know how credible a read from you is

    for what its worth when you said that i think you were sorta scumreading holyflare in g9? but obv holyflare was v there. still curious.

    litten/holyflare is gonna be my focus for the next couple of posts

  44. ISO #1394
    Soul Reader nutella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    1,949
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    well i guess

    in the context of a case being bad it's more like "wrong"

    in that a townie can make a bad case

    so nvm

  45. ISO #1395
    Quote Originally Posted by nutella (#1394)
    well i guess

    in the context of a case being bad it's more like "wrong"

    in that a townie can make a bad case

    so nvm
    Yeah I didn't mean "bad" as in wolfy, I just meant it's NAI for litten

  46. ISO #1396
    Soul Reader nutella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    1,949
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Amrock (#1395)
    Quote Originally Posted by nutella (#1394)
    well i guess

    in the context of a case being bad it's more like "wrong"

    in that a townie can make a bad case

    so nvm
    Yeah I didn't mean "bad" as in wolfy, I just meant it's NAI for litten
    yeah no I knew in this context it meant bad case, was just responding to vanity's general statement

  47. ISO #1397
    Quote Originally Posted by Timsup2nothin (#1081)
    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#1078)
    I'm gonna snapvote Tim in LiLo.

    LOL...you expect me to get to LYLO?

    Compliment returned, and appreciated.
    This is a wolf slip? Why is it a good thing for him to get to LiLo unless he's a wolf

  48. ISO #1398
    Quote Originally Posted by Amrock (#1397)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timsup2nothin (#1081)
    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#1078)
    I'm gonna snapvote Tim in LiLo.

    LOL...you expect me to get to LYLO?

    Compliment returned, and appreciated.
    This is a wolf slip? Why is it a good thing for him to get to LiLo unless he's a wolf
    Oh god I just realized 10 posts after I mindmelded with oats

  49. ISO #1399
    GOAT Tier Litten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    12,190
    Community
    Throne Of Lies
    AKA
    FK, Firekitten
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Amrock (#1392)
    Quote Originally Posted by Litten (#1388)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amrock (#1383)
    Quote Originally Posted by Litten (#1382)


    Have you actually seen me play town in a game? I swear I have switched play styles every game I rolled town on MU. I don’t really remember ever playing like this as town in a previous game of mine.
    Yes? I just had an in-depth look into hours upon hours of your town gameplay in the bastard game I hosted lmao, both in thread and in your neighbor chat which I was highly amused with

    Also probably dozens and dozens of turbos
    If you actually did this then what did you learn from reading hours of hours of my gameplay?
    Presumably, how you think as a villager? Where are you going with this Litten
    I guess where I’m going with this is that I’m trying to figure out why you did this, if you did this how much did you actually read compared to skimming, and if you would do this as a wolf. I think you just grabbed my attention because you were one of the first people in a while to actually defend me which I felt was read as I didn’t think you would put that much effort into trying to get a meta-read of me.

    Like, I’m trying to figure out if you are a wolf who would do this, and my first instinct is that Wolf!Amrock wouldn’t put much effort into trying to read my past games, because even if you look townier doing it, I’m pretty sure you are under the impression as a wolf that it’s much better to a Powerwolf rather then Deepwolf.

  50. ISO #1400
    Soul Reader nutella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    1,949
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Amrock (#1397)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timsup2nothin (#1081)
    Quote Originally Posted by iaafr (#1078)
    I'm gonna snapvote Tim in LiLo.

    LOL...you expect me to get to LYLO?

    Compliment returned, and appreciated.
    This is a wolf slip? Why is it a good thing for him to get to LiLo unless he's a wolf
    this has all been covered

    you'll see in his exchange with oats and I'm inclined to agree with you that it's a bad look

    maybe not necessarily a full on slip but like... the mindset/wording of his posts in that whole exchange felt off

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  •  

Keyboard Shortcuts

about us
Mafia Universe is a community hub for people who enjoy playing the forum variant of Mafia (also known as Werewolf). We offer fully automated Mafia games and a wide variety of customized features crafted to optimize your game experience. We also proudly host the Internet's only database of Mafia/Werewolf communities.

We hope you stick around!
Role of the Day
Executioner

The Executioner may once per game choose to execute a player during day if that person has received 50% or more of the required votes (for majority) at that time. This action immediately ends the day phase and causes the target to be lynched.