Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Vengeance By Mafia Day 3
Day 3 

1. ISO #201
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephemera (#200)
    @Kajot - who is/are your top 1-3 townreads? They don't have to be strong, just the ones you have right now.
    Anyone else who wants to answer this question, go ahead – we have to start making stuff happen.

On my end, I'd say 3cheersforidiots/Yoloswag/Poison, in that order. None of these reads are pretty strong though, but that's what I've got so far.
    Poison, Triple, [Dumb Cat, Thunal] maybe. Will be back tomorrow probably

2. ISO #202
    Timezone
    UTC+05:30
    Community
    AnimeBase
    AKA
    Poison Chan
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephemera (#198)
    Macro read on Poison:
    Poison moving the game forward makes me want to townread her. I'm sorta conflicted though – I know this stuff can be done as either alignment, so reading her town just on that is precarious... but in this gamestate where town's not progressing much, would scum really be proactive and try to get activity going? I don't really know – Poison can join my "town for now" reads, I guess!

That being said, I'm gonna contest your last post though:

Quote Originally Posted by Poison (#197)
    Many believe in making a town core at the very beginning, I'm not among them. Building a town core right off has two cons:
    1. Possible con artists who once get into the top town core say in day 1 or earlier Day 2 would not be easy to lynch later on, cause most of the town might get a mindset which would refrain them for going against that player.
    2. If everyone town reads a person like totally locking them town, they are possibly sacrificing them as NK 1. Scum would definitely like to lynch lock towns on whom they can't throw mud at and get lynched.

So do not expect solid lock towns from me on day 1. I might just put my lockest town in null just to keep them safe, or I might not mention them at all, I might even shade them day 1.
    Finding town is the most important thing to do right now. Of course, that means scum can just kill the most towny person in the game, but if we all show exactly how towny we are, a) wolves won't be able to keep up, and b) scum can't kill all of us. Of course, wolves might try and get into the towncore, but it's not like we're just going to blindly follow them – it's hard for scum to keep projecting town consistently, and eventually they'll be caught.

As for reads – everyone needs to be straightforward with them. If we put our townreads in null, it's going to be hard to figure that out if we get nightkilled. Hiding information just helps scum.
    Yes. Moving the game forward isn't exactly AI. That being said, apart from giving my views on Dumb Cat's posts and slight ones on others, I don't think I've done anything yet worth calling moving the game forward.

As for your take on my last post:
    I was talking about town core withock town reads, which generally contains 1-2 players at max. I have no problem with what you said here, if a majority can bring about the their towniness out the game would be easy for us to solve. I'm just against choosing 1-2 lock towns D1.

3. ISO #203
    Timezone
    Community
    AnimeBase
    AKA
    Poison Chan
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    What do you guys think what a scum would do, ofc there would be variations according to players but generally, how would a scum react to a long post with worthy reads, it doesn't have to be right reads though, but worthy as in possibilities with logics?

4. ISO #204
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    Personality Cafe
    Just realised we can allow us only 4 misyeets or vigi shots, tough, should get some paranoia
    Yeah, I feel like this setup is kind of wolf sided. We could be in MyLo D2 if everything goes wrong.

5. ISO #205
    Timezone
    Community
    Personality Cafe
    So few posts and many wallposts this game. I feel like I'll probably become a spammer because lots of quick posts is more my style.

6. ISO #206
    Timezone
    Community
    Personality Cafe
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitewater Hysteria (#125)
    ##Vote Sleep

bbl
    I should have used it when I went to bed last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumb Cat (#130)
    Thunal, reason for suspicion is you had a slow start. Some mech discussion but it was mostly just sheeping what was already said.

When you do give reads, don't force them. I won't vote someone for taking a bit to form reads, as long as they believe them. Your town read on me doesn't seem right given you have over 1400 posts of experience, it reads too easy.

Please continue to develop reads and flesh them out in more depth so I don't get a false positive.

Looking forward to Poison's return. By then the game should be full of content, so everyone who has been slow to form reads, like Poison, can get on that by around that time, and help Dumb Cat solve.

It's 11pm for me and I prefer to conserve posts to the content heavy portion of D1. Sleepin now.

Purple hearts for Kajot.

Senorsalt's posts continue to have no wolfy agenda. He's really loose this game.

Whitewater null to villagery, that kind of vote gets attention a lot from villages, and doesn't help the wolf agenda. Don't know their meta though so if they have villager meta on doing that they need to also have wolf meta on doing that or it sticks out. Null as the best assessment but I'm not voting there.

Yolo it's a 48 hour game we're fine. We're good broheim. The opener was actually more content heavy than I typically expect for 120 posts of play. I'm super satisfied with this game so far.

Really looking forward to solving this game for real when we get all the missing people. No subs, no inactives this game, no whammies.

17 left. LETS GOOOOOOOO!

@Dumb Cat
    Your case on Thunal:

You expect people to go all out within few hours of SoD? It's too weird to mention 1400 post of experience. At first from the long post I thought we weren't much sussing her at all, this post says the other way around. I personally didn't like the reason.

The Poison part:
    Timezones. I was sleepy that time. Even if I wasn't you are right I cannot come up with reads right at the start. I play mostly 36-48 hours DP, and I fluff for like the first 10-15 hours. Starts questioning the rest of the phase, while getting serious a little before EoD mostly. But given the environment of this game, it might vary.

What are wolfy agendas?

If according to you, salt is loose this game and hence have no wolfy agenda, what would you call your agenda when you are being completely opposite? It's no tunneling, shading or suspecting, a simple question, for now.

Oh btw, we don't have post restrictions do we?
    I feel like the expectation to go all out solving and get good reasons within the first few hours of a game is wrong, but I like that Dumb Cat is trying to do that and posting a lot of analysis. The response to me giving townleans also seemed reasonable.

7. ISO #207
    Timezone
    Community
    Personality Cafe
    Okay post 95, @Dumb Cat.

I really like posts like these, but not at all in the Begining. I expect posts like these forming somewhere in the middle or a little after that of a day phase. Right at the beginning would lean towards TMI.

How long phases do you play generally?

I do agree with Yolo and the litten theory and they are a great way to do this stuff tbh. (I have never played something of this sort so I have no knowledge of this)

You said, you are a strong wolf. Lemme ask you what you do as a strong wolf? As for pro town too? How would you distinguish both of you?

Also, I'm really amazed by your quick pick ups, it's not everyday I see a lot of people are able to get w/w or non w/w interactions based on as bare minimum as those. Don't you think during the semi-fluff period it's rather hard to come to those conclusions?
    This post feels towny, especially being impressed with the number of conclusions Dumb Cat is making this early.

8. ISO #208
    Timezone
    Community
    Personality Cafe
    Dumb Cat/Poison looks TvT. I'm running into the problem I usually have on D1 where I can find some townreads but nobody really looks suspicious.

9. ISO #209
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Vengeance By Mafia Day 1 Votecount

Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    2 Poison Apogee (10), 3cheersforidiots (17)
    1 YOLOSWAG Thunal33 (29)
    1 Apogee YOLOSWAG (15)
    1 Ephemera TripleHaven (24)
    1 learningWW senorsalt (12)
    1 Dumb Cat Whitewater Hysteria (7)
    1 Whitewater Hysteria Dumb Cat (7)
    7 Not voting learningWW (1), Soneji (0), Ephemera (7), Sirius9121 (0), WerewolfHunter (13), Poison (34), Kajot (27)

View Vote History

Day 1 ends at 1:00 PM EDT on Wednesday, July 1st, 2020. There are 1593622860000 remaining.

10. ISO #210
    Timezone
    UTC+08:00
    Community
    PokéBeach
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    ##Vote Sirius9121

Heyyyyy, come out and play with us!

11. ISO #211
    poison seems the most suspicious to me honestly, jut have a bad feeling reading her posts

12. ISO #212
    we might have to end up lynching sleep, seems like you guys aren't making any progress today

13. ISO #213
    Community
    2+2
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Like I said I’m trying a different approach. I find I post a lot of good reads and people often ignore them so I am trying to keep the post volume down but package it well.

Thin Reads so Far

I have a villa lean on senorsalt. He was not so overtly wolfy in previous games we played. He seems looser and less protective. This is a thin read and I have been rather bad at reading him in my MU career.

I have a null to slightly town read on Cat. Unfortunately I love this man so I will always read him as such. I suspect he always comes across as null to slightly town, at minimum, regardless of role. Later I will follow along with his reads post and see if anything is contrived.

I have a slight wolf lean on Poison. Did not like the way she opened the game.

14. ISO #214
    Community
    2+2
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Also to keep it completely real I don’t find a lot of value in what I just posted or a lot of spam you guys posted earlier. I’m just trying not to get subbed out you feel me. The only people who posted solid “attempts at value” so far are Cat and Poison.

15. ISO #215
    Timezone
    Community
    PokéBeach
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitewater Hysteria (#212)
    we might have to end up lynching sleep, seems like you guys aren't making any progress today
    No. I'm not gonna go down this rabbit hole, so here's the cliffs: if we don't eliminate today, we basically start D2 with the same thing we did today, but in a worse position.

In addition, we also have the vig shots in this game. If we can find a good target for the vig shot, we can find a target for our elimination.

16. ISO #216
    Quote Originally Posted by learningWW (#213)
    Like I said I’m trying a different approach. I find I post a lot of good reads and people often ignore them so I am trying to keep the post volume down but package it well.

Thin Reads so Far

I have a villa lean on senorsalt. He was not so overtly wolfy in previous games we played. He seems looser and less protective. This is a thin read and I have been rather bad at reading him in my MU career.

I have a null to slightly town read on Cat. Unfortunately I love this man so I will always read him as such. I suspect he always comes across as null to slightly town, at minimum, regardless of role. Later I will follow along with his reads post and see if anything is contrived.

i find it difficult to accept that you can justify your belief by openly admitting to bias. seems at best a bad read

17. ISO #217
    Timezone
    Community
    PokéBeach
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by learningWW (#214)
    Also to keep it completely real I don’t find a lot of value in what I just posted or a lot of spam you guys posted earlier. I’m just trying not to get subbed out you feel me. The only people who posted solid “attempts at value” so far are Cat and Poison.
    I agree with the sentiment, but something feels a bit off about the way this was phrased – devaluing your own posts feels like something scum might do when trying to seem like town.

It's not too major, but it pinged me, and we don't have too much stuff to go on right now, so I don't mind pursuing this.
    ##Vote learningWW

18. ISO #218
    you don't need an excuse to low post in this game either

19. ISO #219
    i love forum mafia, it's my favourite game and never hurts me. i try to live as long as possible to enjoy the game to its greatest

20. ISO #220
    Timezone
    Community
    PokéBeach
    Pronouns
    @Whitewater Hysteria same question I posed to Kajot: top 1-3 townreads?

21. ISO #221
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephemera (#217)
    I agree with the sentiment, but something feels a bit off about the way this was phrased – devaluing your own posts feels like something scum might do when trying to seem like town.

It's not too major, but it pinged me, and we don't have too much stuff to go on right now, so I don't mind pursuing this.
    ##Vote learningWW
    this is hilarious please tell me this was intentional, either way thank you for the laughs

trying to boost morale in dead thread, easy first village read

22. ISO #222
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephemera (#220)
    @Whitewater Hysteria same question I posed to Kajot: top 1-3 townreads?
    just you at the moment, i'll keep you posted if anything changes

23. ISO #223
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephemera (#215)
    No. I'm not gonna go down this rabbit hole, so here's the cliffs: if we don't eliminate today, we basically start D2 with the same thing we did today, but in a worse position.

In addition, we also have the vig shots in this game. If we can find a good target for the vig shot, we can find a target for our elimination.
    maybe you guys should play the game then idk

24. ISO #224
    Community
    2+2
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitewater Hysteria (#216)

Thin Reads so Far

i find it difficult to accept that you can justify your belief by openly admitting to bias. seems at best a bad read
    Hm let me be more clear (I’m assuming you are talking about me and Cat.) I think he is the type of player to always open with a pro village type let’s go get them I’m a cool guy battle veteran vibe. This is not related to my throbbing bias for him, which is real.

25. ISO #225
    wait i didn't read the setup. this is munted as $#@!

26. ISO #226
    is this not insanely mafia sided? what the $#@!

village wins this ~never

27. ISO #227
    Community
    2+2
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

##Vote learningWW
    Did it really ping you? Or did it “ping you.” I suspect it is the latter. And I want you to know my door is open to hug it out. You can unvote and it never happened in my book.

Also I’m doing it again. But I can’t ignore a direct question or statement

28. ISO #228
    Quote Originally Posted by learningWW (#227)

##Vote learningWW
    Did it really ping you? Or did it “ping you.” I suspect it is the latter. And I want you to know my door is open to hug it out. You can unvote and it never happened in my book.

Also I’m doing it again. But I can’t ignore a direct question or statement :(
    what is the latter

29. ISO #229
    Community
    2+2
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitewater Hysteria (#225)
    Can you explain? And thanks for the compliment.

One thing that struck me is can’t the mafia pick the strongest villager to holster each night? It’s like they get two night kills.

30. ISO #230
    Timezone
    Community
    PokéBeach
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitewater Hysteria (#223)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephemera (#215)

maybe you guys should play the game then idk
    I'm trying :P

Anyhow, sorta updated reads (sorta because only a few people have posted much since I last tried to read people):

The stuff that stayed the same
    Yoloswag stays as townlean on general tone, feeling open and genuine.
    I liked 3cheersforidiots in her opening solving and tone.

New/updated reads
    Poison has dropped a little bit (is this gut? I think it's probably gut), but still town gth.
    I like Kajot's solving and tone more now, so she can be town for now as well.
    Again, learningWW's devaluing of his own content feels like a wolf trying to sound towny. Scumlean.

Those five are the ones who stuck out to me most (i.e. stuff that pinged me as scum/town). I'll try to form more opinions on the rest as the game goes on.

31. ISO #231
    Community
    2+2
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitewater Hysteria (#228)

##Vote learningWW

what is the latter
    The latter as in I think it just “pinged” the homie Ephe. Think Ephe was pinging just to ping.

Was it to feign activity? Was it to feel alive? Not sure.

32. ISO #232
    Quote Originally Posted by learningWW (#224)

Thin Reads so Far

Hm let me be more clear (I’m assuming you are talking about me and Cat.) I think he is the type of player to always open with a pro village type let’s go get them I’m a cool guy battle veteran vibe. This is not related to my throbbing bias for him, which is real.
    so you think he's just as likely as random to be a wolf? i.e. you null read him

33. ISO #233
    Timezone
    Community
    PokéBeach
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by learningWW (#229)

One thing that struck me is can’t the mafia pick the strongest villager to holster each night? It’s like they get two night kills.
    If we all shoot the same person, mafia can't control the vig shot – we just need to make sure those shots are accurate.

34. ISO #234
    Community
    2+2
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitewater Hysteria (#232)

Thin Reads so Far

This is a tough question to answer. This is my second game with him. The answer is very close to a yes but I think the content/direction of the post itself was pro village. But I haven’t canvassed his reads yet.

But my answer to your question is a spiritual “yes.”

35. ISO #235

yes it's extremely $#@! for us villagers (noticed you were one as well ;)), mafia have 2 kpn AND way more people than they should have in a regular game let alone $#@!ing mountainous

whoever designed this setup probably incorrectly believes that airquotes competent villagers are capable of making reads significantly better than random on average

36. ISO #236
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephemera (#233)

If we all shoot the same person, mafia can't control the vig shot – we just need to make sure those shots are accurate.
    that won't work though because you guys will probably pick someone bad, i'm just gonna shoot my top wolf read (randomly)

that way wolves won't night kill me and i can play my favourite game more

37. ISO #237
    Timezone
    Community
    PokéBeach
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by learningWW (#231)

##Vote learningWW

what is the latter
    The latter as in I think it just “pinged” the homie Ephe. Think Ephe was pinging just to ping.

(hope this works)

But in seriousness, it's the biggest thing I've seen so far. Usually I prefer reading people on their progression (or lack of it), but we don't have much of that yet, so my vote's on you for now.

38. ISO #238
    Quote Originally Posted by learningWW (#234)
    This is a tough question to answer. This is my second game with him. The answer is very close to a yes but I think the content/direction of the post itself was pro village. But I haven’t canvassed his reads yet.

so you'd take back that read if you had a chance to post 213 again?

haha i'm just messing with you man. don't take it personally

39. ISO #239
    Timezone
    Community
    PokéBeach
    Pronouns

40. ISO #240
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephemera (#237)

Also I’m doing it again. But I can’t ignore a direct question or statement :(
    what is the latter

(hope this works)

But in seriousness, it's the biggest thing I've seen so far. Usually I prefer reading people on their progression (or lack of it), but we don't have much of that yet, so my vote's on you for now.
    it seems he misread your post while skimming and/or couldn't decide whether to throw shade or conciliation

still a villager though probably

41. ISO #241
    Community
    2+2
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    If all village picks the same target and wolves pick the strongest villager threat each night, it’s like you’re trading an extra vote removal (lynch) for an extra night kill each day right?

Seems like a bad trade for the village. Good thing they have me. Devourer of Souls.

42. ISO #242
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephemera (#239)
    YES IT WORKED YAY
    i prefer the instrumental

43. ISO #243
    Community
    2+2
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitewater Hysteria (#238)
    Quote Originally Posted by learningWW (#234)

so you'd take back that read if you had a chance to post 213 again?

haha i'm just messing with you man. don't take it personally
    No worries, I am a fan. Though suspicious. But yes that might have been poor wording. What I meant to say was I have a null town read on this guy because he is a master who feels so damn null town read-y all the time. And then you try to tell yourself he just ain’t no good for you. He even tells you what a great wolf he is himself. but the heart wants what it wants and next thing you know you’re sheeping anyway.

44. ISO #244
    Quote Originally Posted by learningWW (#241)
    If all village picks the same target and wolves pick the strongest villager threat each night, it’s like you’re trading an extra vote removal (lynch) for an extra night kill each day right?

Seems like a bad trade for the village. Good thing they have me. Devourer of Souls.
    are you gonna ignore village consensus and not pick the second lynch for your conditional vig target like too me?

45. ISO #245
    Community
    2+2
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitewater Hysteria (#240)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephemera (#237)
    what is the latter

(hope this works)

it seems he misread your post while skimming and/or couldn't decide whether to throw shade or conciliation

still a villager though probably
    I think he wants to be friends but realized he took things too far in the other direction and doesn’t know how to make it right yet. So he wants to see if I like Linkin Park too because that’s a deal breaker for him.

I like Linkin Park

46. ISO #246
    Community
    2+2
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitewater Hysteria (#244)
    Quote Originally Posted by learningWW (#241)

are you gonna ignore village consensus and not pick the second lynch for your conditional vig target like too me?
    I might. Eventually the wolves are going to be shook and select me. And I don’t want to go down like a punk taking orders from the village council you know what I mean? I want to get mine before I go down.

I respect your swagger. I still can’t embrace you fully but I’ll see you on the other side mate

47. ISO #247
    Community
    2+2
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    There goes my resolution to not $#@!post. Thanks a lot WWH!

48. ISO #248
    Timezone
    Community
    AnimeBase
    AKA
    Poison Chan
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunal33 (#206)
    I feel like the expectation to go all out solving and get good reasons within the first few hours of a game is wrong, but I like that Dumb Cat is trying to do that and posting a lot of analysis. The response to me giving townleans also seemed reasonable.
    that's fair, is that the only thing for you to town lean him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunal33 (#207)
    This post feels towny, especially being impressed with the number of conclusions Dumb Cat is making this early.
    I have had other feelings which were stronger than me being impressed by the number of conclusions he drew. Are you trying to force a read on me here?

49. ISO #249
    Quote Originally Posted by learningWW (#247)
    There goes my resolution to not $#@!post. Thanks a lot WWH!
    glad to be of service

50. ISO #250
    Quote Originally Posted by Poison (#248)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunal33 (#207)
    I have had other feelings which were stronger than me being impressed by the number of conclusions he drew. Are you trying to force a read on me here?
    what do you mean by this?