Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354
Results 2,651 to 2,690 of 2690

Thread: Mushroom Fiesta Mafia! Night 5
Night 5 

1. ISO #2651
    buys toilet paper on the dark web Phighter's Avatar
    Could Have Been Anywhere in the World Tonight But Am Here for a Cabinet Meeting
    Community
    XHF, MU
    AKA
    Caffrey
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    I missed all the poisoner softs from Daisy. I spent most of my time enjoying the Fourth of July weekend rather than hunched over the thread. No regrets. Hamilton was amazing and better than any solving would have been.

Which I never do as mafia. I am a $#@!ing anxious thread control soldier who won't go away from a thread when mafia and definitely would at least use all fifty of my posts in a phase.

2. ISO #2652
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Daily Mafia
    AKA
    Frag
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#2651)
    I missed all the poisoner softs from Daisy. I spent most of my time enjoying the Fourth of July weekend rather than hunched over the thread. No regrets. Hamilton was amazing and better than any solving would have been.

Which I never do as mafia. I am a $#@!ing anxious thread control soldier who won't go away from a thread when mafia and definitely would at least use all fifty of my posts in a phase.
    So you're saying you don't have the capability to do either as mafia? I've seen you do both as mafia in the many games we've played together.

3. ISO #2653
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Mushroom Fiesta Mafia Day 5 Votecount

Town must eliminate correctly today.

Votes are locked. Your first vote is final. Day ends immediately upon majority or when everyone has cast a vote.

Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    1 TheFraggernaut Phighter (34)
    1 Phighter TheFraggernaut (18)
    3 Not voting Wisdom (33), Mantichora (35), Dumb Cat (14)

View Vote History

End day at majority is enabled. With 5 players alive, it takes 3 votes to reach majority.

Day 5 ends at 9:00 PM EDT on Monday, July 13th, 2020. There are 1594688460000 remaining.

4. ISO #2654
    Timezone
    Community
    Daily Mafia
    AKA
    Frag
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

Fun times where I live. Will be back.

5. ISO #2655
    Mantichora's Avatar Game Manager
    Community
    MiniMafia

6. ISO #2656
    Community
    Discord

7. ISO #2657
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    Akarna
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantichora (#2591)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#648)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin (#599)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#593)
    I think Phighter is obv!town, am still null on Virt and leaning scum on Frag.

I don’t think I actively have ignored you, I low effort this game but I still respond to questions and stuff that pings me.

In what way have I ignored you? Were you talking to me earlier and I missed it? In that case I apologize.
    I felt that Frag's annoyance was townie earlier in the thread. It made sense to me. I haven't played with him much (if at all?) and don't have a baseline though. Could you tell me more about it.

I also thought Phi was really townie, but then I read Duke's wall and it reminded me of the last time I played with Phighter and I was duped with a similar feeling, so I'm a little cautious there.
    I think his thread presence: solving ratio doesn't add up and that he TMI'd you town earlier.

Well. I can see your point on Phi. Earlier on he was exactly what I expected town!Phi to be, now he's not as much, but I still believe he's town. Town!Phi has a way of tunneling people with really strong feelings of someone being scum while being all over the place at the same time. I've seen some of that in this game and I generally think he's lacking that as scum. (I also don't think that sexist remark would come from wolf!Phi tbh)
    @Wisdom can you elaborate on this?
    The way Frag described Colin felt very confident and spot on even though Colin hadn't had many posts by this time. Felt like TMI overcompensation.

Phighter usually waffles more as scum and he did some of that mid game.

8. ISO #2658
    Timezone
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    Akarna
    Pronouns
    I slept way too little and might be a little salty about unrelated things but I'm catching up.

Nice to see one caught in Frag/Phighter. The last one is prob Manti.

Meaning I and @Dumb Cat has to agree here.

9. ISO #2659
    Community
    Discord
    So here's where I am at, after catching up.

I don't want to place a third vote on someone and have that be wrong and flip right then and there in my face, and immediately have to deal with borking the game right before I try to go to work.

So I think I gotta place the second vote here and then look away and not come back until the 14th and see if that's right. Because this kind of decision freaks me out.

It also couldn't have come on a worse day. Sundays are the worst and they kick my ass. It's like every single week, everyone in Oslo forgets what fast food tastes like and wants to go try it for the first time. The shifts are long, twice as hard as usual, and it's incredibly hot in the kitchen. No rest for the weary, I got a full 8 hours today plus the customary 2 hours of driving.

I'm also flat tapped out. I've been going hard in the paint basically nonstop since I made the Waluigi account in April.

I see I got a ping, what's up Wisdom.

10. ISO #2660
    Community
    Discord
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#2658)
    I slept way too little and might be a little salty about unrelated things but I'm catching up.

Nice to see one caught in Frag/Phighter. The last one is prob Manti.

Meaning I and @Dumb Cat has to agree here.
    I'm not sure it's true that we have to agree. Not unless you were planning on voting the opposite way that Mantichora does?

11. ISO #2661
    Timezone
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    Akarna
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantichora (#2638)
    @Wisdom You had Phi and Frag in your PoE for a pretty long time. What made you upgrade them both to village, and then instead choose to push me in LyLo?
    Effort comparison basically.

And I used to believe Phighter's tunnel on Frag was according to his town meta and Frag's lack of self awareness was >rand town.

You're basically just PoE by the meaning of the word here, Manti.

I've pushed all three of you today tho, not sure who's town amongst you.

12. ISO #2662
    Community
    Discord
    I don't know if it matters to you or not but I really don't want to be the one who has to MAJ. @Wisdom

I wanted the first vote, but I'd settle on being the second person to place a vote, if that's okay with you.

Also, Mantichora wanted more time to talk to you and pick your brain. Odds are decent you both will end up in a final 3 even if I guess right, it would be a really good idea for you to use the time and talk it out.

13. ISO #2663
    Timezone
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    Akarna
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFraggernaut (#2647)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumb Cat (#2644)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#2635)
    @Mantichora
    @Dumb Cat

I'm down to answer any questions about why I'm mafia and/or town

Preferably the first, but also the second
    Same question as I asked Wisdom, I'll expand on it a bit: how did you form all your reads this game, when / how.

When did they change and why did they change?

Fraggernaut, same to you. Walk me through this game from day one, how did you form each read, why did your vote change when it did change.

Tell me any thoughts that you did not write in your posts that would help me connect the dots between each post.

I just want to know your processes. Do like Wisdom did and soar above the fence and out of the park, answer in detail. One liners bad, complete flowing thoughts good.
    Ive said before my reads and the way I form them are not traditional ways people play this game or garner reads and I tend to be scum read for it as town quite often, just as I have this game. I'm a more in the moment player, I go off instincts and what I'm seeing at the moment and how I formulate how I feel about them or what they said. Typically my reads on someone can flip often times two or three times in a single day. My strong town reads I typically tend to follow them more often then not. I got a solid town read on Pixi early d1, mid way through d1 I had a strong town read on Colin & by the start of d2 when the poison came through on Pixi it was almost confirmed in my mind that Daisy was always the town poisoner cause of the interactions between Glow/Daisy d1 and their little pissing match they had where Glow got really defensive.
    A lot of waffling here, nagl.

14. ISO #2664
    Timezone
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    Akarna
    Pronouns
    Is the Phi+Frag world plausible? Could that be why Frag didn't snap vote Phighter?

15. ISO #2665
    Community
    Discord
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#2664)
    Is the Phi+Frag world plausible? Could that be why Frag didn't snap vote Phighter?
    I had a tinfoil that they were the same alignment based on how they behaved with one another all game.

If they were coordinating today and they were both in the thread at the same time, typically, one snap votes back as it literally doesn't matter if you're wrong at that point because the game is over already if you are. But wolf acting is wolf acting and you can do whatever you want when the vote doesn't matter at all.

I get strong town vibes from Mantichora, and I literally had you higher than Phighter on my reads as of yesterday after your response.

I think it's plausible.

16. ISO #2666
    Timezone
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    Akarna
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumb Cat (#2662)
    I don't know if it matters to you or not but I really don't want to be the one who has to MAJ. @Wisdom

I wanted the first vote, but I'd settle on being the second person to place a vote, if that's okay with you.

Also, Mantichora wanted more time to talk to you and pick your brain. Odds are decent you both will end up in a final 3 even if I guess right, it would be a really good idea for you to use the time and talk it out.
    I've decided that you're town here so I'm gonna follow you. I don’t mind being maj here.

I would like your cases on both Frag and Phighter though, since you've town read both of them (at least Phighter through the whole game, don’t remember your take on Frag).

17. ISO #2667
    Timezone
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    Akarna
    Pronouns
    Ten posts left and gotta go, hear you later.

18. ISO #2668
    Community
    Discord

I want to convince you that Mantichora is a villager, as after isoing him yesterday he was, by far, the most villagery person in my list easily, literally tied with DaisyCloud as the highest nonlock tier.

This will take up zero of your posts.

If you're a wolf it literally doesn't matter what I say. If you're not, I'm dying overnight and you have to correctly read Mantichora.

19. ISO #2669
    Community
    Discord

This is why Mantichora is a villager. Please follow along.

------------------------------

I numbered most of the things I reacted to, what I'd like you to do is open up a tab and follow along in the main game, as opposed to just an iso, and skip to the relevant posts so you can see everything in full context.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumb Cat (#2300)
    Mantichora towncase d1

Fragger votes Mantichora, tells Phighter not to mutually tunnel each other. Mentions 3 now-dead townies.
    Manti / Fragg not w/w
    This is a snap judgment that this kind of thing happens less often than it not happening.

237 "Lots of words for what's basically a sideways look into the situation. Pretty interesting to read, not sure about alignment. The sheer volume could be good early game."
    Interesting in this case and context is not being used as "mislynchable"
    Manti is looking for villagers as opposed to just things he can misyeet.

301 solving question.
    350 makes me laff
    phighter / Manti not w/w
    Gotta check the context here, just another snap judgment probably.

589 can have contributed to the poisoning of Pixiglow.
    Can be keeping poisoner cover in the days that follow, as well.
    671 snap votes along with me, cross posting with "clicking buttons"
    Literally mindmelds with me about "pushing buttons"
    Not w/w with Fragg.
    It's impossible for me and Mantichora to both be wolves here.

Several times this game, both Mantichora and I, and Duk3star and I crossposted with almost the exact same thoughts, the same votes, using the same villaging process. If you want examples they are numerous and I remember them all and can find them easily.

Duk3 and I are town, Mantichora hitting the mindmelds and repeatedly crossposting with me is provably not wolf coordination due to the vote count right now, and I believe he only ends up doing so if he's also a villager here.

Igno was the cop so pushing Fragg here even if Fragg is a wolf is meaningless unless Fragg is poisoner. That said, Fragg was one of my top poisoner suspects for much of the latter half of the game, and if he is, I think Mantichora is just lock clear completely.

Thus, the lean that Mantichora is not w/w with Fraggernaut.

679 might be looking out for town PRs and trying NOT to lynch them actually.
    738 votes Virtuoso.
    837 Manti / GCEDW not w/w
    840 reminds me of when I said I'm too dumb to be lame. Manti is hilarious and might be my non-evil identical twin from the same universe. Just really really really different on style. He's me if I were a closed villager, not an open villager.
    The Virtuoso vote here kept pressure on the wolf role cop in a critical situation even after others took their eye off the ball, myself included.

This also contributed to Virtuoso being forced to claim, which is why we got the role cop early.

This can be hopping on late for credit, but not when compared to the rest of his iso. You could null or even wolf read this aspect for whatever reason and it doesn't erase the rest of his iso.

1350 reads both poison targets as villagers. Doesn't feel like TMI
    1356 nut reads Phighter villager, I agree.
    1357 no, I'm a kitty.
    1362 Manti / GCEDW not w/w again.
    1364 Manti / Ignoramus not w/w (snap read, this is mild because he was already outed)
    That last bit is probably null. Mac convinced me no one should really get much credit for pushing Ignoramus after Virt's day one which was terribad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantichora (#1370)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin (#1368)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantichora (#1361)
    I want to OMGUS this guy into the ground still
    Is it purely OMGUS, or do you have more?
    If you check my ISO, you'll see that nothing they said about me is in any way true.

I didn't have an agenda, because I was very obviously confused and not particularly pushing anyone.

I wasn't starting any wagons, because I was only ever following other people onto wagons.

I didn't make up random reads list, because I didn't even have any reads list.

I didn't make any reads definitively, and in fact for much of my reads I qualified them with things like "~fine", "whatever", or "~okay" - which is about as indefinite as you can get.

I never "just put pressure" on anyone, in fact I don't even talk about pressure.

In summation - literally everything they said was absolutely fake. If anything, GCEDW just opportunistically jumped onto the Mantichora wagon.
    This.

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...=1#post4082386

Also this, a lot. Click it.

1411 reads as leaving PR cover. Dunno why no one took a shot at Mantichora this game yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantichora (#1568)
    As one of the PRs, I too had >rand knowledge that Virt was not truly a PR, and I did not not just initially not see them softing.
    https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...28#post4087028

Ah, he borked it.

Manti was faking healer, so that's why no one took a shot at Manti.

This whole above quoted bit was just me trying to figure out why Manti hadn't been shot at, I just settled on his claim looking the weakest of those who had claimed.

Since he wasn't under any real vote pressure, it's unlikely a wolf would have bought his soft claim as being real. It's either a wolf move or a vanilla townie playing headgames, not really likely to be a PR. I can see shots being taken into the folks who never softed, which is probably why Lime died and Macdougall did, as that can be more likely to be a PR that genuinely doesn't want to get caught out.

1739 basically only ever w/w with GCEDW if Manti is exactly the mafia poisoner himself.
    1843 still reassessing GCEDW actively.
    GCEDW being town means he was low hanging fruit a lot this game. He got nearly yeeted on more than one occasion.

The folks trying to find him villagery might have been trying to pocket him, but "might have been" is not the same as "were".

Again, compare with everything else in Mantichora's iso.

Any one of these snap judgments can be wrong. But then all the other ones would have to be wrong as well.

I can get an iso completely ass backwards. I read Lamphouse as town by iso in essentially every single one of his posts in Mafia In Space, and he was a wolf. He even did the interesting tell and I missed it because everything else was so villagery from him.

But it's not usually the case that I get an iso completely wrong.

If someone looks like a villager in all their posts they're a villager 9 out of 10 times.

That's gonna have to be good enough. I don't gamble, I don't randomize my late game votes, I vote based on readable isos and meta knowledge and process.

If Mantichora is a wolf here, I just lose the game all of the time. That's all and I just suck it up and deal with it when it's wrong.

Which is why my legacy to you is that you shouldn't vote Mantichora tomorrow.

His iso is immensely superior to Phighter's iso, as is his vote record, and his process in general.

Phighter can be town when you're a wolf.

Your own iso is also weak for much of the game. It's really only the latter half that pings me as villagery. Coming back strong for me there.

2137 Manti / Wisdom not w/w
    Also obvious atp. The summary of why he's villager:

Tallies near end of day kind of spew him town.

Not wolf wolf with Fragg or Phighter. (was my judgment even before this round began)

Has been mindmelding with me all game in an uncanny way. My votes, my reasons. The timing is pure coincidence every time but it's happened like three different times on day one alone.

"Clicking buttons." - I said and did this same $#@! on D1.
    Indicates he's not tense and his energy is lighter than air while the wolf role cop's life is on the line on day one.

Possibly not w/w with the dead role cop.
    Poisoner would make some kind of sense, but again, his iso. The whole entire thing is good.

I guess a goon can bus a wolf PR too, I've seen that happen and that's even more of a mind$#@! than usual.

It just depends on how strong he is as a wolf when he's a wolf, and I don't know that.

1378 is STRONGLY villagery especially if GCEDW is a wolf.
    Overall read of Mantichora here is quite strong villagery.
    GCEDW wasn't a wolf so that doesn't apply.

This is everything I could find on Mantichora being a wolf, specifically looking for anything not villagery or agenda driven or strategic.

Manti wolfcase d1.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantichora (#229)
    Quote Originally Posted by awesome5000 (#64)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#62)
    Not a very good look that your response is to point at this rather than play any kind of defense I think
    you expect me to actually put up a defense at an rvs vote?
    Quote Originally Posted by awesome5000 (#69)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#68)
    It is very much not random tho
    i don't think being the first one to post in a thread is a valid reason to vote someone

if anything *your* vote seems opportunistic

##Vote Phighter
    The only 2 posts from awesome that elicited anything from me. Seems ~fine.
    This is incorrect but it's not like a defense and he wasn't under severe pressure. Can just be a wrong guess.

Voted Duk3, so that was wrong. Might be PR hunting.

Voted DaisyCloud. Might be PR hunting.

1367 might actually be true.

• I suppose Manti could have been PR hunting this game. Looks great otherwise, there's almost no wolfy agenda or TMI detected.

That's it. That's all, and you really have to squint to even see that.

That's why he went from a kind of I dunno probably a non invested villager to literally my top town read with DaisyCloud yesterday.

I do not believe he's a wolf. If he is, you gotta make that determination tomorrow, because I don't see it.

I'd need solid meta on him being a wolf in a game and looking just like this, a solving, competent villager who only has an air of not caring, but underneath his closed villager style, he absolutely does care.

That's why I've got him as my top villager.

20. ISO #2670
    Community
    Discord

Fraggernaut and Wisdom are wolves.
    Fraggernaut and Phighter are wolves.
    Phighter and Wisdom are wolves.

There's no world that includes Mantichora, for me.

I already determined yesterday that Manti isn't wolfing with either of these two specific suspects.

DaisyCloud was an innocent child that had to be murdered, which is why Manti is here in this final 5 with those two suspects cross voting each other and I literally never would have voted Mantichora today unless he voted me and the game didn't end immediately after.

In the Phighter and Fragger world, literally nothing I do today matters and I just die after having the single best town game of my life, easily surpassing the two plus two game where I only voted wolves all game, no villagers, and I voted every single wolf, all the way to LYLO. Which was like 6 years ago or something. It's even higher than color wheel because I had good reads but didn't do $#@! that game, my teammates did the actual work of yeeting the wolves.

I don't even care if we lose the game in that world because I was the Final Boss villager and I had to be killed for wolves to win. Basically.

In the world where Fraggernaut is a villager, it would have been really, really helpful if DaisyCloud had poisoned him literally any of the rounds I asked for him to be poisoned, because then I don't end up here with mega suspicions on a villager, and I could easily snap read Wisdom and Phighter as being the two remaining wolves.

I can't get there because Fraggernaut exists.

In the remaining world
    , I'm wasting my breath trying to convince Wisdom that Mantichora is town because she's a wolf and nothing I say or do matters because I have to get murdered there, and I'm not even talking to a villager anyway.

Which is why my towncase on Mantichora goes out to everyone. If I get any call correct this game it has to be Mantichora.

And if that's wrong, you have to determine that based on spotting something I didn't see after isoing him twice, and refer to some meta knowledge about Mantichora that I literally do not even have.

If I was in a game where Manti was a wolf, it was under Askthepizzaguy and it was probably a mash, or it never happened, as far as I know. And that's useless meta.

21. ISO #2671
    Timezone
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    Akarna
    Pronouns
    I might do a case on Manti later and compare, but if Cat's right then it doesn't matter where I go today.

22. ISO #2672
    Community
    Discord
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#2671)
    I might do a case on Manti later and compare, but if Cat's right then it doesn't matter where I go today.
    Please actually do it.

One thing about me is I put in the hours and hours of work connecting evidence, but people just skim past it and do not sit down side by side with me and go over it in a collaborative fashion.

If nothing else, you can at least determine why I am wrong if I am wrong, and help me see that.

I might be a bad villager as a teammate, because I like the game for the wolf hunt itself and I like isoing and diving and casing people as an exercise in raw skill and test my ability to tell when someone is bluffing.

I get caught up in that aspect, and that's why my village game is weak. I don't typically do collaborative efforts, I just plop my reads and assume that people will correct me when I am wrong or sheep me when I am right.

We've all put major amounts of hours into this game. Get the Mantichora call correct. His style lends itself to just lazily snap reading him one way or the other because he's a closed book.

He's not out to psychologically manipulate anyone this game and he's not pushing a wolfy agenda.

If he's a wolf here, he's exactly the kind of wolf I can never catch. The kind that doesn't leave tells.

23. ISO #2673
    Community
    Mafia Universe

Votes are locked. Your first vote is final. Day ends immediately upon majority or when everyone has cast a vote.

1 TheFraggernaut Phighter (34)
    1 Phighter TheFraggernaut (19)
    3 Not voting Wisdom (41), Mantichora (36), Dumb Cat (23)

View Vote History

End day at majority is enabled. With 5 players alive, it takes 3 votes to reach majority.

Day 5 ends at 9:00 PM EDT on Monday, July 13th, 2020. There are 1594688460000 remaining.

Posted at 0 days, 16 hours, 58 minutes, 59 seconds remaining.

24. ISO #2674
    Community
    Discord
    I have a checklist of stuff I'd really prefer to do before I vote.

I'd want to iso Phighter and Fragger again, or ideally, just flat out read them in context with the dead villagers on ignore mode, no iso.

I'd like to case Fraggernaut as being a wolf here, in order to indicate that I think it's Fragger in most worlds and that of the remaining worlds, I lean Fraggernaut being a wolf over Phighter and Wisdom being wolves together.

I'd also like to sit here and answer any questions anyone else has for me, but there haven't been any. I may have missed one Wisdom asked me.

25. ISO #2675
    Community
    Discord
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#2666)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumb Cat (#2662)

I've decided that you're town here so I'm gonna follow you. I don’t mind being maj here.

I would like your cases on both Frag and Phighter though, since you've town read both of them (at least Phighter through the whole game, don’t remember your take on Frag).
    Fragg, I've tried to town read at various points. And his iso contains a lot of villagery stuff.

The thing is, it also contains a lot of wolfy stuff, particularly tells.

This is what I call a majority read. By majority, I don't mean you guys. And I don't mean my own snap reads of stuff.

Not every snap read of an individual post is equally as strong as another. I get mild "this is unlikely to be w/w" kinds of reads, but those aren't actually a villager read and it isn't strong. That's the weakest read and those kinds of reads vanish unless they're supported by more reads of the same kind, and stronger ones, and then someone flips and is a wolf.

Some posts are incredibly wolfy, some votes are. That can flush an entire iso worth of villagery feeling posts, when something sticks out as bright red bolded wolfy.

Other stuff is the rare "strongly towntell" read, like I gave Sherlock Holmes in the Tick game for both of the accounts doing the continuing thoughts towntell, which overrode most of his wolfy iso and even though he looked w/w with you a lot that game, I almost made it through the game not wavering on that towntell, but I cracked at the end and decided the towntell had failed me, and it hadn't done so.

Certain reads are just stronger than others because they highly indicate a wolfy mindset and perspective, they indicate a genuine process slip, or they reveal that the person is almost always a villager in spite of looking like a howling wolf.

I believe Fraggernaut made a process slip very early on that Moth caught. I also believe he had a perspective slip earlier in the round when he opened the round today, which I only caught from re-reading both Phighter and Fragger's posts from this day phase.

He also did the "interesting tell" twice, and I'm sorry, but that tell is usually a wolf when in the correct context of finding someone mislynchable.

Manti said the word interesting but that was in the opposite context of finding someone villagery.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumb Cat (#2287)
    Fragger towncase- D1

35 reads as not w/w with Virtuoso.
    Fragger says to V that he was continuing a joke from signups and that V is reachy.
    42 Fragger says both Duke and Pixi are townie as $#@!.
    94 " fragg would appear to be caught trying to give a reachy reason to TR pixi"
    Fragg and moth not w/w
    101 moth to fraggs "you just townread her for something she says she plans to do every game. and then you called it natural."
    This is not w/w but I guess when it comes to a mafia poisoner, you have to assume some typically non w/w interactions can be.
    106 moth calls fraggs read "reachier"
    Don't agree.
    170 Fragg predicts Phighter will tunnel him all game based on previous games. That wasn't inaccurate. (This can be v/v)
    186 moth and Phighter not w/w
    187 both Phighter and Fragg being still alive and hating on each other does not make a ton of sense if only one of them was a wolf. This is town on town or staged wolf on wolf stuff.
    210 Fragg town reads colin, disagrees with moth.
    253 Fragger nulls Virtuoso and scum leans Awesome.
    " awesome had a weird push on me then just disappeared. Moth had actual reasoning for their push on glows intro post which I read town. Awesome just seemed to want to tack onto it trying to gain some early favor. Idk if I explained that well, just seemed kind of fake and like a reach "
    Seems not w/w unless Fragg is the poisoner exactly.
    304 another solving question i like, this one from Fragger toward the same townie, Fontana.
    318 Fragger jumps on Fontana again.
    367 "Frag prob scum" from Wisdom, igno is plopped on top of him and he's been spitting hot fire at 2 wolves.
    371 nice snap back from Fraggernaut here on Wisdom.
    "TheFraggernaut and Phighter seem to have some sort of... history? This can be interesting"
    Wolfy use of interesting against both Fraggernaut and Phighter.
    "Dumb Cat how many alts do you have? I guess I like his read list, I suppose it’s largely sheepable. I suspect that he usually would post more but it seems like his location is <20 posts so w/e"
    Awesome calls my reads list sheepable, which might spew Fraggernaut town, as Fragg was my top wolf day 1 even while I was voting Virtuoso.
    478 great snap back by Fragger.
    508 Wisdom votes Fraggernaut, splitting the tie. (tally posted) (If Wisdom is a wolf, Fragg is not)
    555 Fragg votes for Virtuoso.
    953 Fragg is still trying to solve maybe. Or afraid of being caught with a village lynch.
    Rereading his iso again:
    218 not w/w with Phighter actually.
    253 towncore looks maybe perfect, has an actual scum in his bottom 2 scums.
    265 might have actually confused two players he should never confuse if he is a wolf. I can see it both ways.
    Lots of solving questions asked. Great process.
    Keeps reevaluating Phighter and not tunnelling him d1. See also 729
    394 townread of MacDougall seems real because it's trivial to make up and excuse to scum read that, and Mac is basically always town here.
    519. just 519
    766 reads as real in depth thoughts when suddenly asked a solving question by me.
    953 still looks like solving and not relaxing because Virt is off the hook.

Summary:

• Fragg is not wolf wolf with Phighter actually. Or Moth. Or Wisdom.
    • Awesome spewed Fraggernaut town.
    • Awesome the wolf used the "interesting" scumtell (translation: it means this person is mislynchable) on Fraggernaut and Phighter both.
    • Virtuoso basically got caught because he pushed on Fragger in a way that was so wolfy half the town shouted him away on page one of the damned game.
    • So Virtuoso spewed Fraggernaut town as well.
    • Great snap backs. Good depth of reads.
    • Excellent process from start to finish.
    • Solving questions.
    • Answered solving questions correctly.
    • Tally was 4-4 where Fragger was against Virtuoso, I think it reached 5-5 at one point in the game as well. That doesn't look w/w with Virt/igno. Maybe. I guess it's null.
    • Good towncore d1, which boxes in the wolves and limits his vote options if he is personally a wolf.
    • He can be the poisoner, but if he is, the 5-5 igno tally doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I think that was day 2?

Phighter Macdougall

Opinions? His day one was great. Two wolves spew him town.

There is still a fair scum case against him, particularly the "interesting" tell which nails wolves every game.

Fragger wolfcase D1

21 opener feels performative. Mentions 3 dead villagers which is prophetic.
    170 Fragg predicts Phighter will tunnel him all game based on previous games. That wasn't inaccurate. (This can be w/w)
    "Also interesting that my vote on Manti is getting reactions when its the exact same thing I did in the sign-ups and is literally just a joke vote lol." Interesting
    187 both Phighter and Fragg being still alive and hating on each other does not make a ton of sense if only one of them was a wolf. This is town on town or staged wolf on wolf stuff.
    259 Fraggs votes Awesome "for the time being" can be distancing since A5 was a goon.
    265 this post by Fragg is something I didn't remember happening. Fragg confuses awesome5000 with virtuoso, both have flipped scum. That can just be confusing players normally and by coincidence they are both scum but I think a wolf can also do that more often with 2 buddies.
    My gut says that's wolfy, even though my head says it can be NAI a lot.
    269 this post by fragg feels wolfy too. " Also so much for conserving posts on a 50 post limit till a hour before EOD. Not very helpful to town when you haven't exactly said much outside the select few. " Almost like a taunt.
    4 people suspected Fontana that I can see (some might be ignored) that are still alive.
    I think one of them has to be a wolf at this point.
    Too many are still alive and this caused a lot of wagon switching by end of day.
    335 Fragg also accuses Fontana again.
    683 unvoted Virtuoso.
    " Interesting to me is where did rusty get cleared to think he has the power to call shots?"
    This has happened twice now.
    896 does help bury Fontana which saves Virtuoso.

Summary:

• "Interesting" is a wolf tell in these contexts, and did it twice in a single day.
    • Unvoted Virtuoso at a key moment and wagoned Fontana.
    • Perhaps slightly prophetic with his town mentions, they all died.
    • Votes on wolves can be distancing since it didn't kill them.
    • Ignoramus spews Fraggernaut wolf a lot on D2 (I remember this part strongly, even though this is a d1 analysis)

So I have two wolves spewing him villager and the other half of one of those wolves spewing him wolf.
    He might have just distanced from the other wolves.
    "Interesting" is actually a scum tell in this context.

26. ISO #2676
    Community
    Discord
    Since people skim or don't read my walls, I'll put this one in its own separate post.

Ultimately, this is the deciding factor. This is the reason why I'm all done killing myself doing isos and other solving crap.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFraggernaut (#2507)
    I dont even know where to look now. I was wrong on GDECW. I have Dumb Cat town and I'm pretty sure Phighter is town.
    If it's final 5 and he has two people as town but doesn't know where to look, then he's accusing himself of being a wolf. There are only 2 other suspects remaining and if he doesn't "know where to look" then he's never actually legitimately solving the game. He's outed.

This is the White Knighting tell that nailed UncleDynamite in Three Musketeers all those years back.

UncleDynamite had defended basically every villager I had accused that game, and there were a lot of those, unfortunately.

But he had defended more people than there were villagers in the game, excluding himself.

At that point I told everyone that this is what he had done, and they still proceeded to yeet me. And he and Visorslash won the game.

Forgetting to put yourself as town is a wolf tell, for obvious reasons.

27. ISO #2677
    Community
    Discord
    I have a few hours to sleep again before work, and I have given of my soul to this village.

I am all done playing. I would ask you not to actually MAJ and use the remaining time to talk things out between Phighter, Wisdom, and Mantichora.

I would also ask you to follow Dumb Cat to glory.

28. ISO #2678
    Community
    Discord

I am logging off. I think this is always a hit, but if it's wrong, I don't need that stress in my life before I try and sleep again.

Thank you all for your patience. Sorry if I did not find the exact 2 remaining wolves. I just don't have any energy left and I have to put this game away.

29. ISO #2679
    Community
    Discord
    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#2650)
    #18 Phighter voted for awesome5000
    #333 Phighter voted for Fontana
    #553 Phighter voted for awesome5000
    #588 Phighter voted for DaisyCloud
    #698 Phighter voted for awesome5000
    #737 Phighter voted for Fontana
    #1079 Phighter voted for TheFraggernaut
    #1718 Phighter voted for Wisdom
    #1732 Phighter voted for TheFraggernaut
    #2045 Phighter voted for TheFraggernaut
    #2434 Phighter voted for DaisyCloud
    #2492 Phighter voted for TheFraggernaut
    #2607 Phighter voted for TheFraggernaut

So I voted for:
    Awesome (3 times)
    Fontana (2 times)
    DaisyCloud (2 times)
    Wisdom (1 time)
    The Fraggernaut (5 times)

Starting with Fontana. Fontana kept like going back to this well of "look at me I'm so dumb and new don't kill me" and it was driving me crazy because it looked exactly like my game with them during Champs game 3. I just advanced to semi-finals off of nailing Fontana and drawing the first NK so I felt pretty confident I had them there.

My votes on Awesome are a little weirder. This game is a late SOD for me -- 9pmET. I felt that mafia are typically rushing in to go be towny or try to be towny anyway and with the timing keeping the usual suspects away, I threw out a vote on Awesome at the beginning of the game. Awesome's remaining posts were not good enough to justify not even having a single vote on them at EOD, so I was interested there, but I got caught up in Fontana again by the EOD. Rusty also voted Awesome, who again, wasn't getting enough attention, so that's where I ended there.

DaisyCloud's reads on me this game made no $#@!ing sense and I stand by that. If she wasn't the prisoner I would have driven her wall to wall yesterday thinking she was a wolf.

Honestly this game I've had a really hard time separating Wisdom/Virtuoso as people? One of the two sold me a really strong read that was the equivalent of "hey Phighter good to see you were town" and I bought the pocket hard. Virt I wasn't going to vote on day one because they basically said they had the $#@!ing coronavirus so I wasn't gonna go vote them because holy $#@! that's bad.

I really thought moth was mafia yesterday because he played like someone ate his lunch rather than actually solving and helping or being like "yo I'm town here's my dying breath."

Colin I was always gonna keep around because I like Colin, he is my mafia father.

Dumb Cat is pinging me really badly because honestly if I'm mafia I kill him over Daisy and then kill him next time. Like Dumb Cat is doing such a ridiculous amount of solving that he should be basically clear and he's more likely to solve the $#@!in' game than anyone else so why leave him alive and not just kill him?

Fraggernaut constantly constantly constantly could not give me answers why he was town and every time I pushed him he like $#@!ing just melted into a "Grr you f you rage" kind of mentality rather than solving and scoring or answering any of my questions. The refusal to work with me had me thinking he was scum, and now that it's f5?? I kinda was just like $#@! it! I'll lose the game on my strongest scum read or win it there. I will regret it if I don't vote there and no one else really voting there felt very bad.

I have no read on Mantichora. I think Wisdom is the most likely to be scum out of all of you. I hope one of you is not pretending to be honorable about slow-rolling but man, I don't feel great.

This is also a bit more in depth and not-diplomatic than Fraggernaut's answer, not that this answer factored at all into my vote here.

I just see Phighter as villagery in a vacuum and this answer indicates to me that he cares about cooperating with investigations more than at a perfunctory level.

This is how I cleared benneh in final 3 over the remaining wolf. His response had depth.

Here, Phighter's response has okay depth. Would have preferred more than a couple sentences on each suspect but some folks can't be arsed.

Given the two responses, Phighter's is more villagery than Fragger's. Not lock clearing but okay.

I can also see that there was no MAJ after my vote, so I'm assuming I'm correct or that everyone is AFK

Which I really have to be, as well.

30. ISO #2680
    Timezone
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    Akarna
    Pronouns

I don't think I'll put the effort in right now since it won’t change much and it might help scum deciding the nk.

I also think it's good if scum isn't sure whether I'm going for Phighter or Manti, so that they don't know if I'll be to their help in f3 or not. Since DC is set on Manti!town, that help scum deciding on where to shoot.

31. ISO #2681
    Timezone
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    Akarna
    Pronouns
    The only world where I lose by voting Frag is if the combo is exactly Phighter/DC. And why would DC do a town case on Manti then? Hm, makes no sense. It's most likely not that.

If it's Phighter/Manti the game is already over and my vote on Frag won’t matter.

I'll just do some final reads before voting.

32. ISO #2682
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Retrospective Day 1 Votecount as of Post #722

Post #722 was originally posted at 8:08 PM EDT on Wednesday, July 1st, 2020.

4 TheFraggernaut Macdougall, Wisdom, Dumb Cat, Mantichora
    3 ignoramus Duk3star, Limestone, Colin
    3 Phighter awesome5000, Fontana, DaisyCloud
    2 awesome5000 rusty, Phighter
    1 rusty moth
    1 Mantichora PixiGlow
    1 Limestone ignoramus
    2 Not voting GCEDW, TheFraggernaut

View Vote History

Requested by Wisdom.

33. ISO #2683
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Retrospective Day 1 Votecount as of Post #936

Post #936 was originally posted at 8:56 PM EDT on Wednesday, July 1st, 2020.

6 Fontana Phighter, Dumb Cat, ignoramus, TheFraggernaut, Duk3star, awesome5000
    2 TheFraggernaut Wisdom, rusty
    2 ignoramus Limestone, Colin
    2 Phighter Fontana, DaisyCloud
    2 Mantichora PixiGlow, GCEDW
    2 GCEDW Macdougall, Mantichora
    1 rusty moth

View Vote History

Requested by Wisdom.

34. ISO #2684
    Timezone
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    Akarna
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafia Host (#2682)
    Retrospective Day 1 Votecount as of Post #722

Post #722 was originally posted at 8:08 PM EDT on Wednesday, July 1st, 2020.

4 TheFraggernaut Macdougall, Wisdom, Dumb Cat, Mantichora
    3 ignoramus Duk3star, Limestone, Colin
    3 Phighter awesome5000, Fontana, DaisyCloud
    2 awesome5000 rusty, Phighter
    1 rusty moth
    1 Mantichora PixiGlow
    1 Limestone ignoramus
    2 Not voting GCEDW, TheFraggernaut

View Vote History

Requested by Wisdom.
    In the Frag/Phighter world, literally all scum were wagoned here and that's crazy.

But Ig tried to make a new wagon on Lime, which got no traction.

Then they switched to Fontana and since DC joined on her, the flash wagon started.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafia Host (#2683)
    Retrospective Day 1 Votecount as of Post #936

Post #936 was originally posted at 8:56 PM EDT on Wednesday, July 1st, 2020.

6 Fontana Phighter, Dumb Cat, ignoramus, TheFraggernaut, Duk3star, awesome5000
    2 TheFraggernaut Wisdom, rusty
    2 ignoramus Limestone, Colin
    2 Phighter Fontana, DaisyCloud
    2 Mantichora PixiGlow, GCEDW
    2 GCEDW Macdougall, Mantichora
    1 rusty moth

View Vote History

Requested by Wisdom.
    And here all scum are on Fontana unless Manti is scum.

But seeing how Frag unvoted Fontana after this he probably didn't want this to be noticed.

Six posts left

35. ISO #2685
    Timezone
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    Akarna
    Pronouns
    No I think I'm ready to vote. There's so much pointing to Frag being scum and if the teams are Phighter/DC, well played. If the team is Phighter/Manti I couldn't win anyway.

@Dumb Cat if I die tonight I'll be rooting for you but I won’t flame you if you're wrong this has been a fun game regardless.

And if you in some weird world is scum here then GOAT.

36. ISO #2686
    Timezone
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    Akarna
    Pronouns

##Vote TheFraggernaut

37. ISO #2687
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    « Day 5 Elimination: TheFraggernaut was Mafia Goon »

3 TheFraggernaut Phighter (34), Dumb Cat (29), Wisdom (46)
    1 Phighter TheFraggernaut (19)
    1 Not voting Mantichora (36)

View Vote History

TheFraggernaut was eliminated. They were: Mafia Goon.
    Role PM for Mushroom Fiesta Mafia

You are Mafia Goon. You win when you overpower the town and eliminate any other evil faction(s) in the game.

As Mafia, you have access to the Factional Night Kill Night Action. Players targeted with this action will die at the end of the Night unless protected. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

If no Mafia submit an action, a player will be picked at random from the living non-Mafia players.

Day 5 has ended.

Day 5 ended at 5:52 AM EDT on Monday, July 13th, 2020.

38. ISO #2688
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    « Night 5 Start
    Mushroom Fiesta Mafia Night 5 Start

Night 5 has begun.

Please submit your night actions below the thread.

Night 5 ends at 9:00 PM EDT on Tuesday, July 14th, 2020. There are 1594774860000 remaining.

39. ISO #2689
    Timezone
    Community
    Personality Cafe
    AKA
    Gnome, Gnomey
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    The Fraggernaut had been looking awfully suspicious lately. He had been caught doing strange things, which included pouring ketchup into delicate mushroom soup. As a result, the instructors and other participants in the Mushroom Fiesta had been looking at him cross eyed. If he was willing to add ketchup to soup, was he also willing to pretend to be a mycologist and lead unsuspecting people to patches of poisonous mushrooms? The participants met and decided that The Fraggernaut had to be removed from the Mushroom Fiesta immediately. And so, he was.

40. ISO #2690
    Timezone
    Community
    Personality Cafe
    AKA
    Gnome, Gnomey
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself