Thread: Marble League Fan Thread

1. ISO #1
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    MiniMafia
    Marble League Fan Thread

Thread to discuss the Marble League (formerly MarbleLympics). Assume spoilers from the point forward for Marble League 2020 and previous years.

YouTube Channel: Jelle's Marble Run
    Wiki: Jelle'sMarbleRuns Wiki

Previous Marble Leagues

Marbula One

Latest Marble League

Marble League 2020 Schedule
    No. Event Date
    OC Opening Ceremony 2020-06-21
    1 Balancing 2020-06-21
    2 Halfpipe 2020-06-28
    3 Funnel Endurance 2020-07-03
    4 Newton's Cradle 2020-07-09
    5 Long Jump 2020-07-12
    6 5 Meter Hurdles 2020-07-16
    7+ TBA TBA
    Last edited by bearsquared; July 3rd, 2020 at 07:26 PM.

2. ISO #2
    Timezone
    Community
    MiniMafia

Wanna give a about to the O'rangers for setting a Marble League record on the halfpipe in event 2 against the Savage Speeders.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

3. ISO #3
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    EpicMafia/DailyMafia
    AKA
    Onuzq
    I'm always greatly disappointed in any of the blue colored teams. They haven't gotten up on the stairs for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empoof (#4961)
    it was jaleb

@Jaleb is a god
    ??Frog ??Last Thursday at 8:11 AM
    ok dudes
    you can discuss the event here if you want

Jaleb (RB/1% ITA)Last Thursday at 8:05 AM
    Done, will take my prize now
    I do have a 1900 rating in solving tactics :smiley:

AndrewGreve(night vig/39%ITA)Last Thursday at 8:10 AM
    hey
    i dont know chess tactics
    should I try?

Jaleb (RB/1% ITA)Last Thursday at 8:10 AM
    1. Bf6 2. Qh7 3. Rf7 4. Nh6 5. Re5 6. ... Qh3 7. Qd8 8. h7 9. ... Ne5+; fxe5 h5 10. ... Bg1; Kg3 Qf2; Kh3 Qh2 i you want the answer, not that it matters
    if*

??Frog ??Last Thursday at 8:11 AM
    Jaleb, you're lowkey Magnus

4. ISO #4
    buys toilet paper on the dark web Phighter's Avatar
    Community
    XHF, MU
    AKA
    Caffrey
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    I'm rooting for the Balls of Chaos and want them to make merch so bad

My laptop demands a Balls of Chaos sticker
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#233)
    So here's the deal, Champ.

1. Phighter's $#@!ing with you.

5. ISO #5
    Timezone
    UTC+10:00
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Quote Originally Posted by bearsquared (#2)
    2020 E2 spoilers:

Wanna give a about to the O'rangers for setting a Marble League record on the halfpipe in event 2 against the Savage Speeders.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    I always call the O'Rangers the record snatchers, whenever there's a record remotely up for grabs and someone sets a new one, they'll set it the best. Been watching old MLs and the records change due to the event setups changing, the O'Rangers are so consistently good at them though lol. Was happy to see how well they performed in Half-Pipe - that's traditionally an event my Snowballs do well in, but in their absence I was cheering for my secondaries.

(I'm a big multiteamer but fairly solidified at this point after watching all the MLs, love the Snowballs, Pinkies, Midnight Wisps, Balls of Chaos, Green Ducks, O'Rangers, maybe in that order. It's pretty organic for me to multi because of how good the lore is tho, I think basically every team has something likable except maybe the Savage Speeders, who are really good but also very boring just imho, all the other teams with similar level of skill have been through stuff. Also cheer for Crazy Cats Eyes and Raspberry Racers sometimes but they don't really need my help LOL)

Looking forward to funnels in a few days, that's probably my favourite single event type tbh and got me hooked

Also watched the Marbula One races (not the qualifiers, although they sounded like they were pretty good) and enjoyed them very much, for those who are into the racing events and marble run aspects. I initially found this channel because of a viral Sand Rally and the commentator is an F1 diehard, so you can really tell the Marbula One is basically a fulfilment of his life dreams or something

6. ISO #6
    Timezone
    Pronouns

I believe there are official stickers? They started putting merch plugs in at some point

Hopefully I'm allowed to link this: https://store.dftba.com/collections/...aos-team-decal

(And, yes, the Balls of Chaos are amazing - visually, their names, and just the sheer unpredictableness, rowdiness, and hilarity they bring to most events. They really live up to their team name and I'm here for it)
    Last edited by jumpluff; June 30th, 2020 at 08:31 PM.

7. ISO #7
    Community
    Canucks.com

*Love the colour
    *Love the ocean
    *Love the sound of the word itself
    *Used to constant disappointment from every sports team I cheer for

8. ISO #8
    Timezone
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Radishes (#7)
    Only Oceanics fan, huh.

*Love the colour
    *Love the ocean
    *Love the sound of the word itself
    *Used to constant disappointment from every sports team I cheer for
    They have the funniest memes for sure.

9. ISO #9
    Oooooo Rangers!
    Just have great and simple chant.

Would be my favourite team if not for my totally reasonable hate for the dutch.

Watched the 2016 marblelymics the other day and fell in love with team momo.
    #momostrong

And phighter being into balls of chaos surprises no one tbh.

10. ISO #10
    Timezone
    AKA
    Haven, TH
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    havent watched the newest episode yet but GO BALLS OF CHAOS GO!
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleHaven (#37)
    HAVEN AND HEAVEN ARE TWO DIFFERENT WORDS PEOPLE !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleHaven (#984)
    whitewater hysteria? more like whiteice hysteria, cause they're frozen

11. ISO #11
    Timezone
    AKA
    Haven, TH
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    RIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

12. ISO #12
    Timezone
    AKA
    Haven, TH
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

wanna be friends

13. ISO #13
    For a moment I was in shock because some of my favourite events are not in your list.

But after checking the wiki .. 10 events are still unkown.

There is hope to see some of the greatest events of marble history to comeback.

#momostrong

14. ISO #14
    Timezone
    Community
    MiniMafia
    For a moment I was in shock because some of my favourite events are not in your list.

#momostrong
    Updated the OP to make that more clear. To you and anyone else, let me know if you think something should be added to the OP.

15. ISO #15
    Funnel endurance premier 57 minutes from now!

16. ISO #16
    Timezone
    Community
    MiniMafia
    The moves at the end by Kinnowin to stay in the last funnel, and podium were insane. So close to the gold, and easily the best overall performance in the event.

17. ISO #17
    Timezone
    Pronouns
    I was really impressed by the O'Rangers' performance in this event. They were coming last (in the bad way) in the qualifiers AND I believe the finals, and recovered really well. Truly earned. They're an experienced team and have continually shown overall that they have a lot of grit and good strategy as well as raw athleticism, which is something that sets them apart from the other well-performing/veteran teams to me.

But, well, cheering for the teams I do, this may have been the most emotionally impactful thing in the entire ML so far. Just a complete rollercoaster. Including anything that's happened to Team Momo :P My poor Ducks. (Although this did improve our standing a lot.)

Not sure if the new funnels improved or took away from the event ultimately after having seen more funnel events since I watched the qualifiers. The small funnels maximise the collisions that cause positions to change, whereas the angled/flat alternating funnels can escalate existing things while still somehow dragging it out. But we saw some really wild spinning from the Balls of Chaos and Crazy Cats' Eyes in the green funnels, so I'm divided.

Also, Minty Maniacs roiding. (Also, it continually disappoints me that funnels aren't the one event Savage Speeders suck at!)
    Last edited by jumpluff; July 3rd, 2020 at 11:16 PM.

18. ISO #18
    Timezone
    Community
    MiniMafia
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpluff (#17)
    I was really impressed by the O'Rangers' performance in this event. They were coming last (in the bad way) in the qualifiers AND I believe the finals, and recovered really well. Truly earned. They're an experienced team and have continually shown overall that they have a lot of grit and good strategy as well as raw athleticism, which is something that sets them apart from the other well-performing/veteran teams to me.

But, well, cheering for the teams I do, this may have been the most emotionally impactful thing in the entire ML so far. Just a complete rollercoaster. Including anything that's happened to Team Momo :P My poor Ducks. (Although this did improve our standing a lot.)

Not sure if the new funnels improved or took away from the event ultimately after having seen more funnel events since I watched the qualifiers. The small funnels maximise the collisions that cause positions to change, whereas the angled/flat alternating funnels can escalate existing things while still somehow dragging it out. But we saw some really wild spinning from the Balls of Chaos and Crazy Cats' Eyes in the green funnels, so I'm divided.

Also, Minty Maniacs roiding. (Also, it continually disappoints me that funnels aren't the one event Savage Speeders suck at!)
    I feel like Momo is a good team that can't catch a break.

I really like the green funnels. They add a good twist and allow for some recovery if you get a bad start (although I may be biased).

O'rangers took the all time ML point lead today, 498 to the Savage Speeders 496

Kinnowin I think has the most individual medals and points now as well which is pretty impressive. Even though we only got silver it was a good day for the O'rangers!

Minty Maniacs also the first team to podium in 3 consecutive events too. They're going nuts right now.

19. ISO #19
    Timezone
    Community
    DailyMafia

Just got caught up and glad to see my boys in orange doing so well, only behind the behemoth that is the Minty Maniacs this season. I guess not qualifying for the 2019 games really was a wake up call for them, cause whatever work they've been putting in in practice is clearly working.

20. ISO #20
    Timezone
    Community
    DailyMafia

#momostrong
    As a Momo fan, you couldn't be referring to collision could you? They did recently bring it back for the Cravendale Cup, though this time without fidget spinners (I'd have to imagine for the safety of the competitors after the last incident).

21. ISO #21
    Timezone
    Community
    DailyMafia
    Quote Originally Posted by bearsquared (#18)

I really like the green funnels. They add a good twist and allow for some recovery if you get a bad start (although I may be biased).

Kinnowin I think has the most individual medals and points now as well which is pretty impressive. Even though we only got silver it was a good day for the O'rangers!

Minty Maniacs also the first team to podium in 3 consecutive events too. They're going nuts right now.
    @bearsquared most Marble League records as well for Kinnowin.

22. ISO #22
    Timezone
    Community
    MiniMafia
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesmaster160 (#21)
    Quote Originally Posted by bearsquared (#18)

@bearsquared most Marble League records as well for Kinnowin.
    Hell yeah. I learned that the O'rangers home city is Orlango, a fictional city in the southeastern US, one letter off of Orlando which is a short drive away. They're my hometown team and there's nothing anyone can say to convince me otherwise.

23. ISO #23
    IKEA Aquilla's Avatar Game Manager
    Community
    Daily Mafia
    the minty maniacs are on fire this season. O'rangers doing great too.