Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: GDS Barebones 5 Mafia(The Revival #2 July 2020)

1. ISO #201
    I feel this is our only choice for the day. I know we still have 7ish hours left. I just am unsure of htis, but from past experience, if we don't lynch, this will pop up each day until we find out.

##Vote Emark

2. ISO #202
    I feel this is our only choice for the day. I know we still have 7ish hours left. I just am unsure of htis, but from past experience, if we don't lynch, this will pop up each day until we find out.
    Friday... payday... unless someone is off... that's tight fit getting in by 7pm.

3. ISO #203
    Low Hanging Fruit
    Community
    GDS
    Quote Originally Posted by hellshock70 (#202)
    Quote Originally Posted by MLT (#201)
    Friday... payday... unless someone is off... that's tight fit getting in by 7pm.
    I'm around.

4. ISO #204
    Low Hanging Fruit
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    GDS
    AKA
    rayelek
    I've been in and out. I was gonna drop my vote to put it to L-1 before I'm gone for the day (3ish more hours?), but since MLT did, I'm not gonna end the phase, or if I do, it'll only be 1 or 2 hours early, just some time before I start work tonight.

Since the impression is that someone wanted to kill me last night, I'll drop this theory now in case it happens again.

If Emark is scum, I have a small suspicion on Arrows and Zergon. Neither is/was on the lynch, and both, at the beginning of yesterday, seemed to be seeing if a trend could start to let Emark off the hook. Posts quoted below, my parts snipped out because reading on a phone, those long nested quotes drive me nuts. Also entirely possible that 2 people came to the same conclusion, but this caught my eye, and I haven't had a chance to dig any further.

Quote Originally Posted by zergon (#174)
    I think we already are L-1 and with over half left on a day phase that makes me bit uneasy.

As for top two scum reads I´m bit undecided at the moment because of Emark´s case. You see, Emark was my top scum read last phase and he´s slip up didn´t help him but there´s two things that makes me bit hesitant. First is the fact that there´s already enough votes on him that scum team can just end the phase at any given time if they so choose assuming they aren´t already in there and aren´t just hoping townie to hammer. The second is oddly enough to fact that when I asked him about scum reads he didn´t offer any. Which is bit of a non-answer but if he´s part of a team, wouldn´t they had come up with something? I also find myself suspecting people who are at the Emark train already, namely Hellshock, Jaded and p4rk who jumped into train later when there was already enough pressure put to Emark and he was already giving answers. But if I suspect them to be scum then would Emark really be one?

So, right now, I´m kind of working with the assumption that Emark just made a honest mistake and scum team is trying to end day phase quickly by hoping to lynch Emark. And because of that, I would actually say that Hellshock and Jaded would be my top two suspects, both for being in that Emark train but also neither haven´t posted that much (though I do admit that Hellshock gave good reasoning for not posting much and Jaded is always low poster so I might be overly paranoid here).
    Quote Originally Posted by SometimesSomeone (#178)
    This is where I'm at, too. Emark was already at the top of my list coming into this after a lot of nothing yesterday, but I didn't throw my vote on because I wanted to see how this would play out without having to remove my vote if it got too close and scare people off of voting. Glad I did, interesting list developed there.

Where I'm really stuck at is the possibility that Raydarr DID get protected last night, and Emark knows that, not because he saw it, but because he's the SK who tried to kill and it didn't go through. This game has more PRs than I expected. The town masons bring the power level up higher than I expected. If they were lovers of some sort I'd still believe we're just dealing with a 3 man team, but normal masons are strong. Add on the fact that we have to assume SOMEONE in this game can investigate, somehow, and I'm sure there's a protect in the midst as well.

If he's the SK the mafia could be on that vote just the same as if he's a townie who derped up. It could go either way. I'm less inclined to believe he's mafia, than town or SK. If this was day 3 and we'd seen 2 kills I'd lynch him fully believing he's the SK.

5. ISO #205
    Low Hanging Fruit EternalPhoenix's Avatar
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by SometimesSomeone (#203)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellshock70 (#202)
    Quote Originally Posted by MLT (#201)
    I'm around.
    Ditto, though this is my phone.

6. ISO #206
    Low Hanging Fruit
    Community
    GDS
    I've been in and out. I was gonna drop my vote to put it to L-1 before I'm gone for the day (3ish more hours?), but since MLT did, I'm not gonna end the phase, or if I do, it'll only be 1 or 2 hours early, just some time before I start work tonight.

Since the impression is that someone wanted to kill me last night, I'll drop this theory now in case it happens again.

If Emark is scum, I have a small suspicion on Arrows and Zergon. Neither is/was on the lynch, and both, at the beginning of yesterday, seemed to be seeing if a trend could start to let Emark off the hook. Posts quoted below, my parts snipped out because reading on a phone, those long nested quotes drive me nuts. Also entirely possible that 2 people came to the same conclusion, but this caught my eye, and I haven't had a chance to dig any further.
    Valid. Feel like I explained why my vote was not placed on Emark though.

7. ISO #207
    Community
    Grey Dog Software
    Quote Originally Posted by markisprettyok (#121)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emark (#119)
    Well, that was a big flub. Face palm moment. Poop, it's because I observed Darr/Ray. Did mean bad to lose Leionhart. Jumped in at phase start and went too fast while trying to multi-task. No other way to explain.
    Observed, as in watched?
    Quote Originally Posted by TooSweetSpartan (#122)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emark (#119)
    Well, that was a big flub. Face palm moment. Poop, it's because I observed Darr/Ray. Did mean bad to lose Leionhart. Jumped in at phase start and went too fast while trying to multi-task. No other way to explain.
    What'd you see? And why'd you target Ray?
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinylives (#199)
    Quote Originally Posted by lukess1 (#198)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinylives (#197)
    TSS was more subtle about it. I see what you mean though. How about the question I asked you about Lukess, did you answer that yet?
    You didn’t ask a question.
    I didn't ask you a question you're right. I was asking Rev.
    I was satisfied how he approached addressing why he acted the way he did, so my vote is off him for now. If Emark turns up scum then yeah, I'll be looking that direction again.

Would like to see Emark address the request TSS had earlier to give his reads on everyone.

8. ISO #208
    Low Hanging Fruit
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Imarevenant (#207)
    Would like to see Emark address the request TSS had earlier to give his reads on everyone.
    Seconding this. I'm very eager to see what Emark has to say on everyone.

9. ISO #209
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    GDS Barebones 5 Mafia(The Revival #2 July 2020) Day 2 Votecount

Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    7 Emark TooSweetSpartan (11), lukess1 (19), markisprettyok (10), Jaded (4), p4rk (5), hellshock70 (4), MLT (4)
    7 Not voting zergon (5), EternalPhoenix (7), Destinylives (7), SometimesSomeone (6), Emark (14), Darr (6), Imarevenant (7)

View Vote History

End day at majority is enabled. With 14 players alive, it takes 8 votes to reach majority.

Day 2 ends at 7:00 PM EDT on Friday, July 31st, 2020. There are 1596236460000 remaining.

10. ISO #210
    Quote Originally Posted by Imarevenant (#207)
    Seconding this. I'm very eager to see what Emark has to say on everyone.
    He's running out of time for that.

11. ISO #211
    Which one of us gives up when he's scum and about to get lynched?

12. ISO #212
    Low Hanging Fruit
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    Greydog Software
    I've answered every question posed to me to this point. I have never done lists like that as it's not my style of play for better or worse and won't be in this case.

I've been a distraction long enough due to personal error that has really hurt this phase.

13. ISO #213
    Low Hanging Fruit TooSweetSpartan's Avatar
    Community
    Gray Dog Software
    I've answered every question posed to me to this point. I have never done lists like that as it's not my style of play for better or worse and won't be in this case.

I've been a distraction long enough due to personal error that has really hurt this phase.
    You mentioned when we talked game breakdown/mechanics that you feel like there are 4 scum (including an SK).

If you had to predict right now, who are the mafia team and the sk?

14. ISO #214

15. ISO #215
    About to doze off waiting to see this either dramatic or anticlimactic end of the day phase.

16. ISO #216
    Someone better finish this lynch. If we have to waste another day phase doing it, that’s going to hurt us bad.

17. ISO #217
    Community
    Mafia Universe

7 Emark TooSweetSpartan (12), lukess1 (20), markisprettyok (10), Jaded (4), p4rk (5), hellshock70 (8), MLT (4)
    7 Not voting zergon (5), EternalPhoenix (7), Destinylives (7), SometimesSomeone (6), Emark (15), Darr (6), Imarevenant (7)

View Vote History

End day at majority is enabled. With 14 players alive, it takes 8 votes to reach majority.

Day 2 ends at 7:00 PM EDT on Friday, July 31st, 2020. There are 1596236460000 remaining.

18. ISO #218
    Breathe Emark Breathe... don't be holding your breath.

19. ISO #219
    Community
    Grey Dog Software

20. ISO #220
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    « Day 2 Elimination: Emark was »

8 Emark TooSweetSpartan (12), lukess1 (20), markisprettyok (10), Jaded (4), p4rk (5), hellshock70 (9), MLT (4), Imarevenant (8)
    6 Not voting zergon (5), EternalPhoenix (7), Destinylives (7), SometimesSomeone (6), Emark (15), Darr (6)

View Vote History

Emark was eliminated.

Day 2 has ended.

Day 2 ended at 7:00 PM EDT on Friday, July 31st, 2020.

21. ISO #221
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    « Night 2 Start »
    GDS Barebones 5 Mafia(The Revival #2 July 2020) Night 2 Start

Night 2 has begun.

Please submit your night actions below the thread.

Night 2 ends at 7:00 PM EDT on Saturday, August 1st, 2020. There are 1596322860000 remaining.

22. ISO #222
    Timezone
    Community
    Grey Dog Software
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

Role PM for

You are Town Jack of All Trades (x1 Alignment Cop, x1 Voyeur, x1 Vigilante). You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

Town Jack Of All Trades

As Town Jack Of All Trades, you have access to one or more night actions.

x1 Alignment Cop

You have access to the Alignment Inspection Night Action. Alignment Inspection will reveal a target's alignment. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

x1 Voyeur

You have access to the Voyeur Night Action. Voyeuring another player will inform you of the types of actions done to that player that Night, if any. You will not learn who used those actions. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

x1 Vigilante

You have access to the Shoot Night Action. Players targeted with this action will die at the end of the Night unless protected. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

If you do not submit an action, you will forego your action on that day. Keep in mind that if you have multiple uses of your abilities, you must cycle through all of them before being allowed to reuse any of them.

23. ISO #223
    Timezone
    Community
    Grey Dog Software
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Low Posters in GDS Barebones 5 Mafia(The Revival #2 July 2020)

Jaded low posted on Day 2. (4 posts)
    MLT low posted on Day 2. (4 posts)

24. ISO #224
    Timezone
    Community
    Grey Dog Software
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Due to my schedule changing at work, I will be pushing the SOD/EOD times to 800PM EST. Sorry for any inconvenience but I need to be around for EoDs especially. Thanks for your understanding.

25. ISO #225
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    « Night 2 Results: Darr was 1-Shot Town Day Vigilante »
    GDS Barebones 5 Mafia(The Revival #2 July 2020) Night 2 Results

Darr has died. They were: 1-Shot Town Day Vigilante.
    Role PM for

You are 1-Shot Town Day Vigilante. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

Town Day Vigilante

As Town Day Vigilante, you have access to the Shoot Day Action. Players targeted with this action will die within one minute after submission unless protected. Only one shot can be fired per player per Day. Submit your action during the Day using the form below the game thread.

If you do not submit an action, you will forego your action on that day.

X-Shot

The X-Shot modifier limits the number of times you can use your Night actions. If you spend all of your shots then you will not be able to use Night actions anymore.

You have 1 shots at the start of the game.

Night 2 has ended.

Night 2 ended at 7:00 PM EDT on Saturday, August 1st, 2020.

26. ISO #226
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    « Day 3 Start »
    GDS Barebones 5 Mafia(The Revival #2 July 2020) Day 3 Start

Day 3 has begun.

Living Players

@Destinylives
    @EternalPhoenix
    @hellshock70
    @Imarevenant
    @Jaded
    @lukess1
    @markisprettyok
    @MLT
    @p4rk
    @SometimesSomeone
    @TooSweetSpartan
    @zergon

Day 3 ends at 7:00 PM EDT on Monday, August 3rd, 2020. There are 1596495660000 remaining.

27. ISO #227
    I’m gonna throw this out here: I think the roles are way more powerful in general than we thought.

28. ISO #228
    Low Hanging Fruit
    Community
    GDS
    Sigh. Was hoping that wouldn't happen. Alright, back to the drawing board to try and figure something out.

29. ISO #229
    Low Hanging Fruit
    Community
    GDS
    Quote Originally Posted by lukess1 (#227)
    I’m gonna throw this out here: I think the roles are way more powerful in general than we thought.
    Just very limited.

30. ISO #230
    Low Hanging Fruit
    Timezone
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by SometimesSomeone (#228)
    Sigh. Was hoping that wouldn't happen. Alright, back to the drawing board to try and figure something out.
    Darr was one of the people in my mind least likely to be scum, so this makes for an interesting round.

There certainly seems to be a good amount of strong roles out there. It'd be far too big of a coincidence if Emark and Darr were the only ones with that strong of roles, and just so happened to be among the first to die.

31. ISO #231
    Quote Originally Posted by p4rk (#230)
    Quote Originally Posted by SometimesSomeone (#228)
    Darr was one of the people in my mind least likely to be scum, so this makes for an interesting round.

There certainly seems to be a good amount of strong roles out there. It'd be far too big of a coincidence if Emark and Darr were the only ones with that strong of roles, and just so happened to be among the first to die.
    They aren’t.

32. ISO #232
    Low Hanging Fruit
    Timezone
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by lukess1 (#231)
    They aren’t.
    A claim made with authority. Have anything to share? Or just a strong assumption based on what we’ve all seen?

33. ISO #233
    Quote Originally Posted by p4rk (#232)
    Quote Originally Posted by lukess1 (#231)
    They aren’t.
    A claim made with authority. Have anything to share? Or just a strong assumption based on what we’ve all seen?
    I have a similar role to one of the dead.

34. ISO #234
    Low Hanging Fruit
    Timezone
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by lukess1 (#233)
    I see, thanks for sharing. I have a feeling there's quite a few interesting roles hiding out there still, so I'm interested in seeing how this phase develops.

35. ISO #235
    Morning all. I would agree with lukesss that it seems there are more power roles in play than we first thought, albeit a little different than we're used to.

36. ISO #236
    Quote Originally Posted by p4rk (#234)
    Quote Originally Posted by lukess1 (#233)
    I see, thanks for sharing. I have a feeling there's quite a few interesting roles hiding out there still, so I'm interested in seeing how this phase develops.
    I only mentioned because my role is significantly less useful now.

37. ISO #237

38. ISO #238
    Low Hanging Fruit
    Timezone
    UTC+03:00
    Community
    Grey Dog Software
    Morning everyone. I agree that it looks like there´s quite a few power roles even if they seem to be bit limited which is an interesting way to balance things.

Also. with Emark flipping as town, two one-shot kills for town and no second dead this night either it starts to look like there´s no SK.

39. ISO #239
    Low Hanging Fruit
    Timezone
    Community
    Grey Dog Software
    Right, back to questioning people. @EternalPhoenix and @MLT, who would you look this phase as potential scum?

40. ISO #240
    Low Hanging Fruit TooSweetSpartan's Avatar
    Community
    Gray Dog Software
    Sucks to see Ray eliminated. With Emark's slip up proven to actually just be a townie accidentally saying who his night action was for, it's a shame that we lynched him. But as others have said, it was one of those situations where we wouldn't be able to move on from it until something decisive was done.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that there definitely isn't an SK yet. We could've still been lucky with our protections, both sides choosing the same target, etc. But each night phase where we see only one death does make it seem like we're only dealing with a mafia group.

Truthfully, I'm a little directionless at the start of this phase. I think Zergon had the right idea with starting up some questions and having us go from there. I'm going to pose one to everyone.

Right this second: If you had to name one person as likely town (other than yourself) and one person as likely scum, who would it be and why?

My answers:

Town: Lukess. A flip from my thoughts last day phase when we were thinking Emark was scum. With Emark coming up town and a look at some of his posts.

Scum: I'd say Hellshock. It's not any one particular post that stands out, mostly just the more relaxed nature that feels like he's not needing to scrutinize each post and so he can be a little more loose in his play style.

Is that grasping at straws? Maybe. But that's why I want us each to do this, to see where everyone stands and see if there's a general direction that we should push further on.

41. ISO #241
    Low Hanging Fruit
    Community
    GDS
    Quote Originally Posted by TooSweetSpartan (#240)
    Sucks to see Ray eliminated. With Emark's slip up proven to actually just be a townie accidentally saying who his night action was for, it's a shame that we lynched him. But as others have said, it was one of those situations where we wouldn't be able to move on from it until something decisive was done.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that there definitely isn't an SK yet. We could've still been lucky with our protections, both sides choosing the same target, etc. But each night phase where we see only one death does make it seem like we're only dealing with a mafia group.

Truthfully, I'm a little directionless at the start of this phase. I think Zergon had the right idea with starting up some questions and having us go from there. I'm going to pose one to everyone.

Right this second: If you had to name one person as likely town (other than yourself) and one person as likely scum, who would it be and why?

My answers:

Town: Lukess. A flip from my thoughts last day phase when we were thinking Emark was scum. With Emark coming up town and a look at some of his posts.

Scum: I'd say Hellshock. It's not any one particular post that stands out, mostly just the more relaxed nature that feels like he's not needing to scrutinize each post and so he can be a little more loose in his play style.

Is that grasping at straws? Maybe. But that's why I want us each to do this, to see where everyone stands and see if there's a general direction that we should push further on.
    Picking two right now off the top of my head. Feeling a bit defeated and doubting myself somewhere after yesterday, so forgive the lack of strong feeling about scum at the moment.

Town: Lukess, for much the same reason as you, as well as something else. Won't comment further at the moment, but I trust him until I see something specific.

Scum: Again, doubting my ability to read scum at the moment. If I had to pick someone right now, I'd default to markisprettyok, because we don't like being the same color.

42. ISO #242
    Low Hanging Fruit
    Timezone
    Community
    Grey Dog Software

My answers:

Town: I actually can´t decide between two so I cheat and give two names. Namely you and SometimesSomeone. Now, I´m somewhat hesitant to say I got a town read on you simply because I know how good you are as scum and know you can easily lead me into happy garden path of destruction, murder and general misery but I genuine have a town read on you based on how you handled Emark´s case last day and the fact that you are again trying to get discussion going. As for SometimesSomeone, I haven´t played with him before so he´s bit of a wild card to me but so far I don´t have reason to not trust his claim and some of his other posts reinforce his claim in my eye. Oh, also, he looked to have similar view on Emark´s case last day that what I did and that of course helps as well.

Scum: I said I suspect Hellshock in last day phase and he´s who I still find the most likely suspect. He´s answer to that quick L-2 vote didn´t convince me and he also somewhat ignored my question on him which didn´t help his cause in my eyes either.

43. ISO #243
    Low Hanging Fruit
    Community
    GDS

Why not.

Tell us something we don't know about you.

44. ISO #244
    Low Hanging Fruit
    Timezone
    Community
    Grey Dog Software

I´ll add a bit of pressure. @hellshock70, hearing your answer on TSS´s question would be good to hear.

45. ISO #245
    Low Hanging Fruit
    Timezone
    Pronouns
    Town: lukess1, giving us such information about his role, and Emark turning up to be town has made me trust him

Scum: You all have made me rather suspicious of hellshock, after reading back through, keeping what you said in mind. Personally though, i'll have to say markisprettyok. The evidence isn't particularly damning, but he was one of the primary ones pushing for the Emark lynch, then just went silent. I'd like to hear from him again.

46. ISO #246
    Community
    Grey Dog Software
    Town: given his blatant claim putting Lukess here is a cop out. I would rather not see everyone play it safe with this one tbh. Thus far Phoenix is who I have the strongest town lean on.

Scum: either Sometimes or Zergon. Just iso'd them and there's too much parrotting going on there for my liking.

47. ISO #247
    My town would prob be Rev and Arrows. Both have been the right amount of shady where I don’t think they’re pretending to be town or are scummy. My scum would be hellshock or Jaded. Hellshock has been active without being too forthcoming and seeing Jaded/MLT so quiet is off putting.

48. ISO #248
    I'm actually more likely to be sitting at home eating ice cream than arrows unless there's more than one of us. Where others seem to have these nice PR roles I get the flip side of my last role.

49. ISO #249
    And wth is this token expired nonsense when I try to post half the time?

50. ISO #250
    Community
    Grey Dog Software
    Quote Originally Posted by hellshock70 (#249)
    And wth is this token expired nonsense when I try to post half the time?
    Did you check the remember me checkbox?

So you and arrows have Ice cream parties at night huh?

Do you want to weigh in on your town and scum leans?