Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Grey Dog Software
    AKA
    i effin rule
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalPhoenix (#260)

Well. It's been a phase and we're not half done. I dunno, man...hellshock was at the top of The List, just kicked himself off it with authority. So...

Town: Can I pick me? No? Okay. Spartan, I guess. Though I can't read him to save my (metaphorical) life. Rev seems on the level, too.

Scum: Mark. One of the leaders of the charge on Emark, then hushed up. Jaded is his usual level of quiet, but seeing MTL beside him puts me off a bit.

I mean, it's Day 3. I'm just starting to get a read on folks.
    It was honestly this post that hit the radar. Yes, p4rk echoed a similar point towards me, which I answered, but the way this was worded and the fact it came after the fact caught my eye. Add that to the fact that I said, no guaranteed, there was scum who didn't vote for Emark for obvious reasons, thus he got my vote. I then went back and looked at his posts and you know what I saw? Nothing. Everything was non-committal, as if making sure not to not be associated with anyone. I don't have anything confirming someone is scum, so I've got to go with my instincts.

2. ISO #352
    Fair enough. I was hoping for a bit more. However I have to go with my instincts also and they remain on Jaded as he hasn't given me a reason to remove my vote. I also have to sleep now, and will check in the morning to see what we decided.

3. ISO #353
    Low Hanging Fruit
    Timezone
    UTC+03:00
    Community
    Grey Dog Software
    Right, I´m back from work. I will address few older posts so sorry about tha. Still trying to figure out which of the routes I would be more comfortable taking but I plan to set my vote before going to sleep tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by SometimesSomeone (#284)
    Quote Originally Posted by p4rk (#283)
    Since I’ve seen my name pop up a couple times, hopefully I can give this piece of info to clear my name and warn of potential danger, which I don’t believe anyone’s mentioned.

There’s a poisoner in the game.
    This is gonna be SHADY AF, but okay. This is what I was waiting for.

I now trust p4rk.

Ask me anything ya want.
    Hmm... not sure what to make of this when you earlier told you were vanilla and said you expected low power game which starts to now see more like misdirect than genuine opinion. Also, not sure what to think about p4rk to be honest, that is a strong claim, giving quite a bit of info but not too much. Correct me if I wrong but I believe he said this was his first game so he´s playing very well but I can´t help but wonder if he does get help from someone more experienced?

Quote Originally Posted by SometimesSomeone (#291)
    Quote Originally Posted by lukess1 (#290)
    Quote Originally Posted by SometimesSomeone (#289)
    Quote Originally Posted by lukess1 (#288)
    Quote Originally Posted by SometimesSomeone (#282)
    ...Interesting. Not what I had noted. For the record, also didn't have you down as the mason I feel like a lot did. Hm. How strong do you think this town is?
    Very.
    So many questions I want to ask you, but I don't know how to go about it. Real shame.
    Remember: my role is similar to one of the dead.
    ....Mine too.
    Seems that at least half of the players can say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinylives (#340)
    TSS, maybe my first post today might help. The information is there if you look for it, and it looks as though lukess has cottoned into it already. I'm happy to change my vote to EP later if needed but Mark needs to give us his definitive reason as to how he knows EP is scum. Why can't we look into multiple people today? Just want to make the most of the phase, feel like we need to lynch scum today.
    Managed to miss this on my first read but found it now.

4. ISO #354
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    GDS Barebones 5 Mafia(The Revival #2 July 2020) Day 3 Votecount

Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    2 Jaded lukess1 (29), Destinylives (11)
    2 EternalPhoenix markisprettyok (9), TooSweetSpartan (7)
    1 SometimesSomeone Imarevenant (5)
    1 lukess1 MLT (9)
    6 Not voting EternalPhoenix (3), p4rk (6), hellshock70 (7), SometimesSomeone (21), zergon (7), Jaded (8)

View Vote History

End day at majority is enabled. With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to reach majority.

Day 3 ends at 7:00 PM EDT on Monday, August 3rd, 2020. There are 1596495660000 remaining.

5. ISO #355
    Low Hanging Fruit
    Timezone
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Also, not sure what to think about p4rk to be honest, that is a strong claim, giving quite a bit of info but not too much. Correct me if I wrong but I believe he said this was his first game so he´s playing very well but I can´t help but wonder if he does get help from someone more experienced?
    It's a strong claim yes, I just figured it was best to make my own position known, as well as reveal a potential threat. I saw a couple people claiming me as potential scum, so I made a bold move to clear my name, so that we didn't spend any unnecessary time chasing a lead that goes nowhere.

That said,
    ##Vote Jaded
    I'll put some pressure on Jaded as well. I've had suspicions on him since the start because of his quiet nature, but when you pair that with a tendency to be very non-committal, voting then unvoting this phase, and not really taking any stance, it's concerning. I'd like to know how Jaded is reading the game

Jaded, if you had to make one scum pick, and one town pick (besides hellshock for clear reasons) who would they be? Because I noticed you didn't answer when the question was posed to all players.

6. ISO #356
    Quote Originally Posted by zergon (#353)
    Right, I´m back from work. I will address few older posts so sorry about tha. Still trying to figure out which of the routes I would be more comfortable taking but I plan to set my vote before going to sleep tonight.

Since I’ve seen my name pop up a couple times, hopefully I can give this piece of info to clear my name and warn of potential danger, which I don’t believe anyone’s mentioned.

I now trust p4rk.

Ask me anything ya want.
    Hmm... not sure what to make of this when you earlier told you were vanilla and said you expected low power game which starts to now see more like misdirect than genuine opinion. Also, not sure what to think about p4rk to be honest, that is a strong claim, giving quite a bit of info but not too much. Correct me if I wrong but I believe he said this was his first game so he´s playing very well but I can´t help but wonder if he does get help from someone more experienced?
    There's one common thing to my play style, you can almost always count on. I'll lie non stop as town, and stick as close as I can to the truth as scum. I know I can back myself out of a corner if need be as town (unless I'm an inanimate object), but I struggle to keep up a lie as scum when I have no truth to fall back on to clear myself. It's why I'm not a great player at this game.

I expected a low power game because my abilities are literally three of the weakest town roles I've ever seen, as one shots, and I'm a JOAT. At the time I didn't expect MULTIPLE Joats. I figured there'd be a couple more basic roles. Emark dying started changing my mind on this. Go check back if you'd like to see how my stance began to change when I realized I wasn't one of the stronger roles in the game.

7. ISO #357
    Quote Originally Posted by SometimesSomeone (#356)

I now trust p4rk.

Ask me anything ya want.
    There's one common thing to my play style, you can almost always count on. I'll lie non stop as town, and stick as close as I can to the truth as scum. I know I can back myself out of a corner if need be as town (unless I'm an inanimate object), but I struggle to keep up a lie as scum when I have no truth to fall back on to clear myself. It's why I'm not a great player at this game.

I expected a low power game because my abilities are literally three of the weakest town roles I've ever seen, as one shots, and I'm a JOAT. At the time I didn't expect MULTIPLE Joats. I figured there'd be a couple more basic roles. Emark dying started changing my mind on this. Go check back if you'd like to see how my stance began to change when I realized I wasn't one of the stronger roles in the game.
    My role thought process was the exact same as this.

8. ISO #358
    Low Hanging Fruit
    Timezone
    Community
    Grey Dog Software
    Quote Originally Posted by SometimesSomeone (#356)

I now trust p4rk.

Ask me anything ya want.

Fair enough, I haven´t played with you before so kind of learning about you as we play.

9. ISO #359
    Quote Originally Posted by p4rk (#355)
    Also, not sure what to think about p4rk to be honest, that is a strong claim, giving quite a bit of info but not too much. Correct me if I wrong but I believe he said this was his first game so he´s playing very well but I can´t help but wonder if he does get help from someone more experienced?
    It's a strong claim yes, I just figured it was best to make my own position known, as well as reveal a potential threat. I saw a couple people claiming me as potential scum, so I made a bold move to clear my name, so that we didn't spend any unnecessary time chasing a lead that goes nowhere.

That said,
    ##Vote Jaded
    I'll put some pressure on Jaded as well. I've had suspicions on him since the start because of his quiet nature, but when you pair that with a tendency to be very non-committal, voting then unvoting this phase, and not really taking any stance, it's concerning. I'd like to know how Jaded is reading the game

Jaded, if you had to make one scum pick, and one town pick (besides hellshock for clear reasons) who would they be? Because I noticed you didn't answer when the question was posed to all players.
    Fairly sure I answered this - give me a few minutes and I'll see if I can find my post.

10. ISO #360
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded (#275)
    Quote Originally Posted by p4rk (#143)
    Quote Originally Posted by p4rk (#141)
    I agree, something's not right here. Especially considering the complete lack of explanation. Adding on my vote until we get a reasonable response.

##Vote Emark
    Oops, I'm a dummy too and posted this before I even realized there was a page 3. The point still stands though. We haven't gotten a good enough explanation, so I'm lumping my vote in. All signs point to Darr being a name the scum is targeting, and this let it slip
    I know Park explained it by saying he hadn't realised there was a page 3, but this vote seems like the best lead to me. Basically, I think scum are generally most likely to try and find in around the middle of a mislynch than kick it off or hammer it; I know I'm town, and we all know Hellshock is, so p4rk would be my biggest source of suspicion.

People I trust as town - obviously Hellshock, Luke looks good to. I think Arrows is town but Arrows is so convincing that I've possibly been in a mafia with him before and he's STILL convinced me he was town, so... yeah, not that confident on that.
    This was my answer when it was asked of everyone. Since then, I'm even more confident on Arrows and Luke as town. P4rk is still the one I'm least happy about.

11. ISO #361
    Low Hanging Fruit
    Timezone
    Pronouns
    This was my answer when it was asked of everyone. Since then, I'm even more confident on Arrows and Luke as town. P4rk is still the one I'm least happy about.
    I appreciate the slight narrowing down. Your original post here only serves to prove my point about your indecisiveness.

What more could I do in your eyes to prove my loyalty to the town? I've identified a threat to the town to help, in my eyes, clear my name, and identify a scum ability. That directly puts myself in a precarious position as a potential target of the scum. Not sure how after that, I am still your primary scum target.

12. ISO #362
    Low Hanging Fruit EternalPhoenix's Avatar
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by markisprettyok (#351)

Well. It's been a phase and we're not half done. I dunno, man...hellshock was at the top of The List, just kicked himself off it with authority. So...

Town: Can I pick me? No? Okay. Spartan, I guess. Though I can't read him to save my (metaphorical) life. Rev seems on the level, too.

Scum: Mark. One of the leaders of the charge on Emark, then hushed up. Jaded is his usual level of quiet, but seeing MTL beside him puts me off a bit.

It was honestly this post that hit the radar. Yes, p4rk echoed a similar point towards me, which I answered, but the way this was worded and the fact it came after the fact caught my eye. Add that to the fact that I said, no guaranteed, there was scum who didn't vote for Emark for obvious reasons, thus he got my vote. I then went back and looked at his posts and you know what I saw? Nothing. Everything was non-committal, as if making sure not to not be associated with anyone. I don't have anything confirming someone is scum, so I've got to go with my instincts.
    Yeah. That's how I play. That's how I've always played. Conservative and safe. That way I don't hurt town by becoming a distraction or a mislynch, and the scum ignore me long enough for me to get a bead on them. Which takes a few day phases at least. I don't understand how that makes me suspicious. I genuinely do not.

13. ISO #363
    Quote Originally Posted by p4rk (#361)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded (#360)
    I appreciate the slight narrowing down. Your original post here only serves to prove my point about your indecisiveness.

What more could I do in your eyes to prove my loyalty to the town? I've identified a threat to the town to help, in my eyes, clear my name, and identify a scum ability. That directly puts myself in a precarious position as a potential target of the scum. Not sure how after that, I am still your primary scum target.
    Sorry, that's on me, I misremembered who'd revealed the poisoner thing. (Slightly worrying given what happened to emark; I should be taking more care!)

Okay, yeah, you're way lower down my suspicion list after that.

14. ISO #364
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalPhoenix (#362)

Yeah. That's how I play. That's how I've always played. Conservative and safe. That way I don't hurt town by becoming a distraction or a mislynch, and the scum ignore me long enough for me to get a bead on them. Which takes a few day phases at least. I don't understand how that makes me suspicious. I genuinely do not.
    Really? Because that's the way I play as well, and I absolutely understand how it makes us look suspicious. You're into protesting too much territory for me here.

15. ISO #365
    Low Hanging Fruit
    Timezone
    Pronouns
    With me removed from your list, who would be your top scum pick? Why?

16. ISO #366
    Quote Originally Posted by p4rk (#365)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded (#363)
    I'm actually not particularly liking EP's play - as I said above, he feels like he's protesting too much. GDS players suspecting people who are relatively quiet has been a thing for as long as I can remember. Not saying it's not frustrating, but the whole "I don't understand" is a bit weird.

17. ISO #367
    Low Hanging Fruit
    Timezone
    Pronouns
    I'm actually not particularly liking EP's play - as I said above, he feels like he's protesting too much. GDS players suspecting people who are relatively quiet has been a thing for as long as I can remember. Not saying it's not frustrating, but the whole "I don't understand" is a bit weird.
    Ok, understandable. With your misunderstanding about me cleared up, and after hearing your takes on the game, I'm comfortable taking my vote off you. I'm in the same boat as you currently, with EP as one of the top suspects for today.

I did suspect Mark at the beginning of the phase, but he's earned my trust for now, and raised some good points against EP.

##Vote EternalPhoenix

18. ISO #368
    Low Hanging Fruit
    Timezone
    Pronouns
    My attempt at clearing nested quotes turned ugly, ew. Disregard that fail, my points still stand

19. ISO #369
    I’m comfortable enough with that Jaded response to wait another phase before grilling. I do want to hear more from EP as well before I place a vote with us being more than halfway to lynch.

20. ISO #370
    Low Hanging Fruit markisprettyok's Avatar
    Timezone
    Community
    Grey Dog Software
    AKA
    i effin rule
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by lukess1 (#369)
    I’m comfortable enough with that Jaded response to wait another phase before grilling. I do want to hear more from EP as well before I place a vote with us being more than halfway to lynch.
    Less than half.

21. ISO #371
    Quote Originally Posted by markisprettyok (#370)
    Less than half.
    My vote would put us over half

22. ISO #372
    Low Hanging Fruit EternalPhoenix's Avatar
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by markisprettyok (#347)
    Quote Originally Posted by SometimesSomeone (#333)
    How sure?
    87%

Quote Originally Posted by EternalPhoenix (#334)
    I'd like to know this, too. I've done nothing but answer questions and try to spark conversation.
    Se above.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinylives (#335)
    This. Being vague isn't going to help us too much when it comes to deciding a lynch target. If you have something specific please share it with the group. I'll also join lukesss in ##Vote Jaded. We need to hear from you.
    So when I ask someone to clarify it is scummy, but then you do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinylives (#340)
    TSS, maybe my first post today might help. The information is there if you look for it, and it looks as though lukess has cottoned into it already. I'm happy to change my vote to EP later if needed but Mark needs to give us his definitive reason as to how he knows EP is scum. Why can't we look into multiple people today? Just want to make the most of the phase, feel like we need to lynch scum today.
    Since when do we need a definitive reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded (#342)
    Okay, with a rare moment of thinking I actually understand a hint, I'm reasonably satisfied with Destiny.

##Unvote

I think I'd be interested in hearing more from Mark. 2 JOATs is a weird enough claim that I believe them, more than 2 is starting to raise my eyebrows.

As for me, my role is significantly less useful than I was hoping it would be, due to what's happened so far. Haven't been out at night or anything, btw.
    I'm like a delicious cake. I have many layers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded (#343)
    If Mark wanted to do this, then it would definitely make me feel happier with him, yeah.
    If I had something definitive via a night action or something, don't you think I would have led this phase with that? I'm telling you all he is scum because of what has happened in this game thread. ISO him, you'll see it. You can go back to the moment I realized it. It is all right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded (#366)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded (#363)
    All right, that's fair. I'm letting the frustration do the posting a bit. So instead let's take a different tack.
    Rev's a townie. I'm more than 87% sure of it.

23. ISO #373
    Low Hanging Fruit
    Timezone
    Community
    Grey Dog Software

That said,
    ##Vote Jaded

You could be what you claim or it could be scum team deciding to give newer player a good cover by giving out useful info. Now, forgive me if you are playing alone and maybe I´m bit paranoid since I was myself called out for playing "too calm" on my first game (and yes, I was part of a scum team that helped me back then) but you play really well for first timer and way better than what I did back then so I kind of assume you would have someone to help you and with one mason already in graveyard that doesn´t leave much options.

But regardless, that´s probably for another day so just wanted to get this out in case night actions happen. Right now the question to me is if I would rather put my vote on EternalPhoenix or Jaded and think I go with Jaded as I trust EP slighly more at this point.

##Vote Jaded

24. ISO #374
    Community
    Mafia Universe

3 EternalPhoenix markisprettyok (10), TooSweetSpartan (7), p4rk (11)
    3 Jaded lukess1 (32), Destinylives (11), zergon (9)
    1 SometimesSomeone Imarevenant (5)
    1 lukess1 MLT (9)
    4 Not voting EternalPhoenix (5), hellshock70 (7), SometimesSomeone (22), Jaded (13)

View Vote History

End day at majority is enabled. With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to reach majority.

Day 3 ends at 7:00 PM EDT on Monday, August 3rd, 2020. There are 1596495660000 remaining.

25. ISO #375
    Community
    Grey Dog Software

Not a lot of time left here, I'm not seeing what you are with EP Mark and I've had a town lean on EP based on what I've read from him this far.

26. ISO #376
    ##Vote Eternal Phoenix

Looks like there's only two ways to go, and I know I'm town.

For what it's worth, I'm the second mason, which is why I said earlier that events so far in the game (losing my partner night 1) had left me less useful that I wanted to be.

27. ISO #377
    Oops ##Vote EternalPhoenix

28. ISO #378
    Community
    Mafia Universe

4 Jaded lukess1 (32), Destinylives (11), zergon (9), Imarevenant (6)
    4 EternalPhoenix markisprettyok (10), TooSweetSpartan (7), p4rk (11), Jaded (15)
    1 lukess1 MLT (9)
    3 Not voting EternalPhoenix (5), hellshock70 (7), SometimesSomeone (22)

View Vote History

29. ISO #379
    Low Hanging Fruit TooSweetSpartan's Avatar
    Community
    Gray Dog Software
    Truthfully, I'm kind of okay if we ended up without a lynch this day phase.

My biggest concern with doing that is we leave a day phase without using our ultimate power to reveal information. But this phase in particular, we've had so much information revealed and dissected, I think we've accomplished a lot. Not trying to be too much of a "rah-rah" cheerleader but genuinely, if we win this game I think this will be the phase that ultimately made the long term difference.

All that being said, being right and lynching a scum wouldn't just be the icing on the cake, it'd be a whole extra layer of cake on top of what we've done. So I'll be here and ready to swing as needed.

Right now, it's 4 for Jaded, 4 for EP. If Jaded gets a 5th, I don't mind hammering. I also don't mind staying on EP if the votes go his way. It's not a slight on either of them but I think we're in a spot that potentially losing another townie is worth it for the potential of getting a scum and neither Jaded or EP have a particularly solid case for being a townie especially compared to some others still alive.

30. ISO #380
    Community
    Gray Dog Software
    Forgot actually, Jaded made a significant claim as the other mason. Unless someone steps up to call him out as a liar I wouldn't feel comfortable voting for him. If no one interjects, it's essentially a second Innocent Child and a big nuisance for mafia and support to town.

31. ISO #381
    Quote Originally Posted by TooSweetSpartan (#380)
    Forgot actually, Jaded made a significant claim as the other mason. Unless someone steps up to call him out as a liar I wouldn't feel comfortable voting for him. If no one interjects, it's essentially a second Innocent Child and a big nuisance for mafia and support to town.
    If someone wants to claim Mason, they should do so pubicly. We've got enough targets for the mafia they wont be hurting anything. Any half claims at it should be considered fake and hoping the real one doesn't realize that's what they're hinting at.

32. ISO #382
    Quote Originally Posted by SometimesSomeone (#381)
    If someone wants to claim Mason, they should do so pubicly. We've got enough targets for the mafia they wont be hurting anything. Any half claims at it should be considered fake and hoping the real one doesn't realize that's what they're hinting at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded (#376)
    ##Vote Eternal Phoenix

For what it's worth, I'm the second mason
    , which is why I said earlier that events so far in the game (losing my partner night 1) had left me less useful that I wanted to be.
    Not sure I can GET much more public than this post!

33. ISO #383
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded (#382)
    ##Vote Eternal Phoenix

, which is why I said earlier that events so far in the game (losing my partner night 1) had left me less useful that I wanted to be.
    Saw the messed up vote and somehow completely blanked on that beneath it.

34. ISO #384
    ##Vote Eternal Phoenix

For what it's worth, I'm the second mason, which is why I said earlier that events so far in the game (losing my partner night 1) had left me less useful that I wanted to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SometimesSomeone (#383)
    ##Vote Eternal Phoenix

No worries, I was assuming that was the case rather than a desperate scum attempt to make people think I hadn't claimed. I still trust you - even though that's bitten me on the backside so many times in previous games, lol.

35. ISO #385
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded (#384)
    ##Vote Eternal Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by SometimesSomeone (#383)
    ##Vote Eternal Phoenix

No worries, I was assuming that was the case rather than a desperate scum attempt to make people think I hadn't claimed. I still trust you - even though that's bitten me on the backside so many times in previous games, lol.
    I've admitted to being off my game this game. I blame it on a combination of not playing for so long as well as playing sober for the first time.

36. ISO #386
    Is anyone else finding it weird there's so little activity considering it's nearly the end of the phase?

37. ISO #387
    Community
    Grey Dog Software
    Here's my issue I believe both jaded and EP to be town.

Take my vote off jaded and EP is the majority for the phase and eliminated. Keep it on and one of the 2 is eliminated. Wish I kept my vote on sometimes tbh

38. ISO #388
    Community
    Gray Dog Software
    Is anyone else finding it weird there's so little activity considering it's nearly the end of the phase?
    I think it can be a combination of a busier earlier part of the day phase or the lack of a smoking gun this day phase unlike the last one where it felt like we had Emark dead to rights off a scum slip.

Regardless, it looks like we're not getting a lynch this day phase unless there's a gangpile in the next 30 seconds.

39. ISO #389
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    « Day 3 Elimination: Sleep »

4 Jaded lukess1 (32), Destinylives (11), zergon (9), Imarevenant (7)
    4 EternalPhoenix markisprettyok (10), TooSweetSpartan (10), p4rk (11), Jaded (18)
    1 lukess1 MLT (9)
    3 Not voting EternalPhoenix (5), hellshock70 (7), SometimesSomeone (25)

View Vote History

It was a tie. No one was eliminated.

Day 3 has ended.

Day 3 ended at 7:00 PM EDT on Monday, August 3rd, 2020.

40. ISO #390
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    « Night 3 Start
    GDS Barebones 5 Mafia(The Revival #2 July 2020) Night 3 Start

Night 3 has begun.

Please submit your night actions below the thread.

Night 3 ends at 7:00 PM EDT on Tuesday, August 4th, 2020. There are 1596582060000 remaining.