Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Modbot Compensation System

  1. ISO #1
    τη καλλίστη Makaze's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    4,584
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Serenes Forest
    AKA
    Mak Daddy
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Gender

    Modbot Compensation System

    Modbot Compensation System

    The Compensation System allows you to give mafia teams extra factional kills for a specific game Cycle. Suppose that something unexpected happens that could potentially ruin the game, and you want to give the Mafia team a fighting chance. With this, you can give them a specific number of extra Factional Kills to compensate.

    This tool has been around for a while now but I forgot to announce it.

    How to add or remove compensation as a host:

    To add or remove a compensation rule, go to Host Tools at the top or bottom of the thread and click Manage Compensation. To add a new form of compensation, click [ADD EXTRA]. To remove a form of compensation, click [REMOVE] next to the corresponding rule.

    Big Image: https://i.imgur.com/w0dZEyL.gif
    Click to load this image


    How to use compensation as a player:

    To use compensation as a player, go to the Night Action Form at the bottom of the thread, where you will find additional forms for each extra Factional Kill for the current Cycle.

    Big Image: https://i.imgur.com/lSgM1QU.gif
    Click to load this image
    I hold you in the highest regard, my friends.


    [12:09 pm] Cory Curren: remember that we are marking down all of your reads to hold for our personal amusement
    [12:09 pm] Cory Curren: anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of lol

  2. ISO #2
    τη καλλίστη Makaze's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    4,584
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Serenes Forest
    AKA
    Mak Daddy
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Gender
    There is currently no other form of compensation for Town or otherwise. If you have any concrete ideas that might get used, let me know.
    I hold you in the highest regard, my friends.


    [12:09 pm] Cory Curren: remember that we are marking down all of your reads to hold for our personal amusement
    [12:09 pm] Cory Curren: anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of lol

  3. ISO #3
    this doesn't seem useful in any situation, unless there is an integrity-breaching event that:
    - is in an automated game
    - favours the village
    - is serious enough to warrant modkilling a villager
    - but isn't game-ending
    - and doesn't warrant modkilling a specific villager (e.g. modkilling a villager who posts their role pm in thread)

    automated games shouldn't have any integrity breaches of this type because most or all of the mechanics should be handled by the bot. the fact that this feature exists may encourage mods to use it, which will almost always be an inappropriate use

  4. ISO #4
    Mantichora's Avatar Game Manager
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    29,642
    Community
    MiniMafia
    Gender
    Being able to remove powers from players would be useful, since it'd work for conditional modifiers as well.

  5. ISO #5
    τη καλλίστη Makaze's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    4,584
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Serenes Forest
    AKA
    Mak Daddy
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantichora (#4)
    Being able to remove powers from players would be useful, since it'd work for conditional modifiers as well.
    Define "powers".
    I hold you in the highest regard, my friends.


    [12:09 pm] Cory Curren: remember that we are marking down all of your reads to hold for our personal amusement
    [12:09 pm] Cory Curren: anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of lol

  6. ISO #6
    Mantichora's Avatar Game Manager
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    29,642
    Community
    MiniMafia
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaze (#5)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantichora (#4)
    Being able to remove powers from players would be useful, since it'd work for conditional modifiers as well.
    Define "powers".
    Roles, non-goon/VT-ness

  7. ISO #7
    τη καλλίστη Makaze's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    4,584
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Serenes Forest
    AKA
    Mak Daddy
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantichora (#6)
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaze (#5)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantichora (#4)
    Being able to remove powers from players would be useful, since it'd work for conditional modifiers as well.
    Define "powers".
    Roles, non-goon/VT-ness
    That's even more vague.
    I hold you in the highest regard, my friends.


    [12:09 pm] Cory Curren: remember that we are marking down all of your reads to hold for our personal amusement
    [12:09 pm] Cory Curren: anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of lol

  8. ISO #8
    Mantichora's Avatar Game Manager
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    29,642
    Community
    MiniMafia
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaze (#7)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantichora (#6)
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaze (#5)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantichora (#4)
    Being able to remove powers from players would be useful, since it'd work for conditional modifiers as well.
    Define "powers".
    Roles, non-goon/VT-ness
    That's even more vague.
    Role actions ??

  9. ISO #9
    GOAT Tier bearsquared's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,692
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    MiniMafia
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantichora (#8)
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaze (#7)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantichora (#6)
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaze (#5)
    Define "powers".
    Roles, non-goon/VT-ness
    That's even more vague.
    Role actions ??

  10. ISO #10
    τη καλλίστη Makaze's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    4,584
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Serenes Forest
    AKA
    Mak Daddy
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Gender
    Actions works.
    I hold you in the highest regard, my friends.


    [12:09 pm] Cory Curren: remember that we are marking down all of your reads to hold for our personal amusement
    [12:09 pm] Cory Curren: anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of lol

  11. ISO #11
    Hype! Arapocalypse's Avatar Discord Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    31,231
    Community
    Mafia Games Discord
    AKA
    Ara
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitewater Hysteria (#3)
    this doesn't seem useful in any situation, unless there is an integrity-breaching event that:
    - is in an automated game
    - favours the village
    - is serious enough to warrant modkilling a villager
    - but isn't game-ending
    - and doesn't warrant modkilling a specific villager (e.g. modkilling a villager who posts their role pm in thread)

    automated games shouldn't have any integrity breaches of this type because most or all of the mechanics should be handled by the bot. the fact that this feature exists may encourage mods to use it, which will almost always be an inappropriate use
    You're correct in that most situations won't find the need for this; personally, I think I've only seen a handful of situations at most that would need it! However, in the very rare situations where it comes up... having something like this to be able to easily compensate players can be useful!!!

    If a host decided to use it inappropriately, that's a different issue and would be dealt with appropriately at the time!
    Message a ghost at Arapocalypse#0834!

    [9:07 AM] boq, bbt's boss: Be Boq
    [9:07 AM] boq, bbt's boss: Wait for the principal in the cafeteria
    [9:07 AM] boq, bbt's boss: Be offered coffee by the peeps there
    [9:08 AM] boq, bbt's boss: "Nice"
    [9:08 AM] boq, bbt's boss: Grab a random mug. Enjoy your coffee. Notice that it says "principal's mug" on it

  12. ISO #12
    Hype! Arapocalypse's Avatar Discord Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    31,231
    Community
    Mafia Games Discord
    AKA
    Ara
    Gender
    Someone somewhere also mentioned being able to remove the mafia factional, as compensation for town, which feels like a good idea!!!
    Message a ghost at Arapocalypse#0834!

    [9:07 AM] boq, bbt's boss: Be Boq
    [9:07 AM] boq, bbt's boss: Wait for the principal in the cafeteria
    [9:07 AM] boq, bbt's boss: Be offered coffee by the peeps there
    [9:08 AM] boq, bbt's boss: "Nice"
    [9:08 AM] boq, bbt's boss: Grab a random mug. Enjoy your coffee. Notice that it says "principal's mug" on it

  13. ISO #13
    The CEO Apoc's Avatar Game Manager
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Sharing opinions nobody asked for
    Posts
    41,883
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Arapocalypse (#12)
    Someone somewhere also mentioned being able to remove the mafia factional, as compensation for town, which feels like a good idea!!!
    that is not something i have ever seen done in any game in 6 years

    it also sounds like terrible punishment


    also, when's the last time town received compensation for anything? Wolves know everyone's roles, it's really hard for them to ever accidentally disadvantage the town

    You are hardly going to take away a NK for a mod-error are you? that wouldn't be very fair (regardless this is for automated games so even more ???)

  14. ISO #14
    The CEO Apoc's Avatar Game Manager
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Sharing opinions nobody asked for
    Posts
    41,883
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitewater Hysteria (#3)
    automated games shouldn't have any integrity breaches of this type because most or all of the mechanics should be handled by the bot.
    This seems correct tbh

    Automated games theoretically shouldn't ever have a scenario that requires compensation that isn't exactly a modkill...

    What series of events would lead to such a thing?

    What can an individual villager do in a game where they can't dead-post? can't accidentally have their action processed multiple times? can't accidentally have an action not processed by the mod?


    I mean, the only thing you can do in an automated game is claim something unclaimable (modkill), post your role pm (modkill), use OGI or some other angleshoot (modkill)


    What am i missing?

  15. ISO #15
    τη καλλίστη Makaze's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    4,584
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Serenes Forest
    AKA
    Mak Daddy
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc (#14)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitewater Hysteria (#3)
    automated games shouldn't have any integrity breaches of this type because most or all of the mechanics should be handled by the bot.
    This seems correct tbh

    Automated games theoretically shouldn't ever have a scenario that requires compensation that isn't exactly a modkill...

    What series of events would lead to such a thing?

    What can an individual villager do in a game where they can't dead-post? can't accidentally have their action processed multiple times? can't accidentally have an action not processed by the mod?


    I mean, the only thing you can do in an automated game is claim something unclaimable (modkill), post your role pm (modkill), use OGI or some other angleshoot (modkill)


    What am i missing?
    Host error.
    I hold you in the highest regard, my friends.


    [12:09 pm] Cory Curren: remember that we are marking down all of your reads to hold for our personal amusement
    [12:09 pm] Cory Curren: anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of lol

  16. ISO #16
    Mantichora's Avatar Game Manager
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    29,642
    Community
    MiniMafia
    Gender
    I want to use all of these features for semi-automated games, rather than their originally intended purposes.

    As is the modbot way.

  17. ISO #17
    τη καλλίστη Makaze's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    4,584
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Serenes Forest
    AKA
    Mak Daddy
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantichora (#16)
    I want to use all of these features for semi-automated games, rather than their originally intended purposes.

    As is the modbot way.
    Speak and he shall appear!
    I hold you in the highest regard, my friends.


    [12:09 pm] Cory Curren: remember that we are marking down all of your reads to hold for our personal amusement
    [12:09 pm] Cory Curren: anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of lol

  18. ISO #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantichora (#16)
    I want to use all of these features for semi-automated games, rather than their originally intended purposes.

    As is the modbot way.
    i guess we have to keep it now :P

  19. ISO #19
    Low Hanging Fruit Syn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    10
    Community
    CivFanatics
    I've yet to use the hosting system here, so perhaps this is already possible elsewhere, but can the compensation system also be used for event or community kills? For example, if the game setup has an event-based kill during a cycle (on my home site, someone mused about a plague mechanic), or if dead/spec chat has some kind of bet/prize system where a kill can be pushed through?

  20. ISO #20
    τη καλλίστη Makaze's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    4,584
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Serenes Forest
    AKA
    Mak Daddy
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn (#19)
    I've yet to use the hosting system here, so perhaps this is already possible elsewhere, but can the compensation system also be used for event or community kills? For example, if the game setup has an event-based kill during a cycle (on my home site, someone mused about a plague mechanic), or if dead/spec chat has some kind of bet/prize system where a kill can be pushed through?
    Host can manually kill players but that is unrelated to this feature.
    I hold you in the highest regard, my friends.


    [12:09 pm] Cory Curren: remember that we are marking down all of your reads to hold for our personal amusement
    [12:09 pm] Cory Curren: anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  •  

Keyboard Shortcuts

about us
Mafia Universe is a community hub for people who enjoy playing the forum variant of Mafia (also known as Werewolf). We offer fully automated Mafia games and a wide variety of customized features crafted to optimize your game experience. We also proudly host the Internet's only database of Mafia/Werewolf communities.

We hope you stick around!
Role of the Day
Doppelgänger

The Doppelgänger will be viewed as another specific role/character in the game if investigated by a Cop ability.