GAMEIS ALREADY ONGOING. ACCEPTING SUBS
Welcome to Anime World, a separate dimension where characters from several anime series were ominously abducted and locked in by yours truly Dohko Libra, Virgo Shaka and Sagittarius Seiya to carry out a sinister yet very fun game! You take control of one of these characters and you are cursed to spend eternity in this dimension unless you can break free. How? By fulfilling the win condition explained below or secretly given to you.
The game day 1 phase will begin September 14th at 9am US Pacific Time and end September 17th, aprox 72 hours later.
The rules are as follow, of course, most are the same rules as any other game of Mafia but to run it down for those who are new around here.
1. During the day phase, players will VOTE for a player they suspect of being a MAFIA. The mod-bot will post a vote-count every 8 hours. It takes a majority of votes on a single person to send that person to a fitting punishment (SLAY), at which point their alignment and role will be revealed and they will no longer be allowed to post in the thread. If no majority is reached by deadline a random SLAY will occur. UNLESS...
Players may also SLEEP. If this receives a majority of the votes then nobody will be sent off, and the current day will end. UNVOTING IS ALLOWED.
2. Players with a Day Phase action may activate them anytime during day phase (PMs will explain how). During the night phase, players with special abilities will PM me on here OR DISCORD: Guillotina#6679 to use their abilities and actions. Mafia will also vote on who to kill in the chat and the mafia leader will decide who does the actual killing.
3. The Town wins the game when they successfully eliminate all threats to the group and at least one townie is alive. The Mafia wins the game when there is no way to stop them becoming equal in number to the town. There may also be third-party roles in this game with their respective winning conditions. Demons are lurking!
4. Do not quote anything from your PMs with me. If you want to claim your role, do it by paraphrasing what I sent you. You can play flavorclaim if you want, but games are non-alignment indicative and the mafia also have safe fake-claims. Do not assume a character has a power that is logical to them as non-towns have safe-claims. Anyone can be scum and roles may or may not make sense.
5. For this game, each day phase will last no longer than 72 hours. Each night phase will last no longer than 24 hours. Day could end sooner as we majority slay but it is not guaranteed. Night can end sooner depending of all actions needing processing. No slay by deadline = random slay unless majority VOTE: SLEEP
6. If you want to get my attention in the thread, please post in BOLD. Refrain from using any kind of green text, as it is the official mod color.
7. Don't edit your posts. Three strikes and you out.
8. Don't talk to other players about the game outside of the game thread unless your role says you can. Don’t get caught and risk a modkill and a permanent ban from all mafia games I host in the future.
You are not allowed to post in the game thread after you have died except at the Game Host's discretion.
9. On Days 4, 6 and 8 a game modifier will be announced by me and will run until the next game modifier is announced.
10.There is a graveyard chat. I will post a piece of information every night starting the moment a player is killed.
11. There is no limit of Days and Nights. The game will finish when there is a winner.
12. This game is bastardized and role madness driven.
13. VERY IMPORTANT. In games, not all players wish to be competitive, and no one is required to be excellent at the game; that is an individual's right. Do not degrade your fellow guests and fellow players by calling them stupid or bad. In particular, I have a zero tolerance policy for flaming players that are new to the game.
In casual conversation, if they ask you to stop using insults / slurs / bigoted language or to quit attacking or bashing people, even if you think it is a joke, it is no longer a joke. Please stop. If you don’t stop, a modkill will.
You may receive moderation based on a series of objectionable posts or messages even if none of them are individually egregious. Rude and obnoxious posts may not individually merit moderator intervention, but they are not tolerated as a pattern of behavior. If you are frequently involved in unpleasant encounters, I will have a lower threshold for intervention. Ignoring a moderator’s instruction when asked to improve is grounds for moderation.
14. Mafia, as a game, can only work when the players inside the game abide by a certain kind of fiction. It's not roleplaying, not exactly, but the idea that a mafia game exists inside its own little bubble is what prevents games from degenerating into rampant angleshooting, prevents games from spilling over into other games, and lets us call each other liars without making it a personal attack. Respect and embrace the bubble but do not abuse it to break rule 13.
15. Everyone is required to post at least five times per day (Mafia day). No doing so will warrant you a warning. If your behavior persists, you will be subbed out. Unless of course you are muted by a role action.