Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Newbie’s Paradise #4 Day 4
Day 4 

1. ISO #751
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Newbie’s Paradise #4 Day 4 Votecount

Town must eliminate correctly today.

Votes are locked. Your first vote is final. Day ends immediately upon majority or when everyone has cast a vote.

Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    7 Not voting Strategist Nagisa (1), Fruit (1), Hydreigon25 (0), cw357 (1), DonkiDori (1), scrawldragon (0), yurkin (0)

View Vote History

End day at majority is enabled. With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to reach majority.

Day 4 ends at 8:00 PM EDT on Wednesday, September 23rd, 2020. There are 1600905660000 remaining.

2. ISO #752
    Oh, I guess first votes are final votes. Be EXTREMELY cautious.

3. ISO #753
    ISOing Sun, now knowing his role, it seems like he cleared Hydreigon as town Night 1. He voted for Hydreigon Day 1, then never brought any substantial doubt upon him, even questioning his wagon Day 3.

I don't know what his Night 2 action was (it might've been blocked), but he was most suspicious of Nagisa at the end of Day 3. Can anyone else ISO him and back me up on these potential breadcrumbs?

4. ISO #754
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    MINDNIGHT
    AKA
    Mango
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by DonkiDori (#753)
    ISOing Sun, now knowing his role, it seems like he cleared Hydreigon as town Night 1. He voted for Hydreigon Day 1, then never brought any substantial doubt upon him, even questioning his wagon Day 3.

I don't know what his Night 2 action was (it might've been blocked), but he was most suspicious of Nagisa at the end of Day 3. Can anyone else ISO him and back me up on these potential breadcrumbs?
    There aren't much benefits to leave bread crumbs as a role cop, the only person he can clear is some select PR's. That said, he didn't clear Hydreigon when you look at posts like 521 and 522.

He definitely pointed towards being role blocked in posts 500, 504 and 508. This doesn't help us, but still something worth noting before someone else wants to check into his ISO.

5. ISO #755
    Timezone
    Community
    MINDNIGHT
    AKA
    Mango
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    There aren't much benefits to leave bread crumbs as a role cop, the only person he can clear is some select PR's. That said, he didn't clear Hydreigon when you look at posts like 521 and 522.
    523 also doesn't point to him clearing Hydreigon either, to some degree. I doubt he would add Hydreigon to this pool had he cleared him.

6. ISO #756
    This is very telling, however...

Seems like a suggestion to vigilante. This might have gotten him killed actually, but if he knew Nagisa's alignment, would he not have suggested shooting them instead of me? Regardless, I think a Nagisa lynch might be the best play.

7. ISO #757
    Quote Originally Posted by Fruit (#754)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonkiDori (#753)

He definitely pointed towards being role blocked in posts 500, 504 and 508. This doesn't help us, but still something worth noting before someone else wants to check into his ISO.
    Okay, I think I agree about him being blocked Night 2. Do you think he cleared anyone still alive, looking at his posts?

8. ISO #758
    Timezone
    Community
    MINDNIGHT
    AKA
    Mango
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    No, I don't think he cleared anyone nor do I think he had any red checks. It's hard to confirm someone's alignment with Role Cop given the setup. The only Scum role he can confirm is Watcher - this is because there's no Town Watcher. And, the only Town roles he can confirm are all of the Protective roles (which died) and Vigilante.

I haven't looked super in-depth, but I don't think there's much of value in his ISO from what I've looked at, especially when you consider the above.

9. ISO #759
    Wait, I just read that goons are read as vanilla. Dang.

10. ISO #760
    Timezone
    Community
    MINDNIGHT
    AKA
    Mango
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    And, the only Town roles he can confirm are all of the Protective roles (which died) and Vigilante.
    Correction: he can't confirm a Jailkeeper or Roleblocker since both alignments have it.

11. ISO #761
    Timezone
    Community
    MINDNIGHT
    AKA
    Mango
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Either way, his role was next-to-useless. The only information we got is that Scum have a Roleblocker.

12. ISO #762
    Is Parity Cop the one that reveals alignments?

13. ISO #763
    Timezone
    Community
    MINDNIGHT
    AKA
    Mango
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    No. Just "Cop" or "Alignment Cop" is the role that does that, but it's not present in this setup for whatever reason.

14. ISO #764
    Quote Originally Posted by Fruit (#763)
    No. Just "Cop" or "Alignment Cop" is the role that does that, but it's not present in this setup for whatever reason.
    That would've been helpful for a newbie game, lol

15. ISO #765
    Timezone
    Community
    MINDNIGHT
    AKA
    Mango
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Yeah, I've never seen a newbie setup without one in the setup.

Also, if he checked the Scum Roleblocker at any point, he would've been able to confirm it as Scum since our Protective was dead. However, I still don't think his mentions and interactions with Nagisa were telling enough for that to be the case. There's nothing that stood out to me in his ISO in regards to reports, so I think looking there is a waste of time.

@DonkiDori, do you still town-read cw? If so, can you walk me through that read in more depth?

16. ISO #766
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Newbie’s Paradise #4 Day 4 Votecount

Town must eliminate correctly today.

Votes are locked. Your first vote is final. Day ends immediately upon majority or when everyone has cast a vote.

Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    7 Not voting Strategist Nagisa (1), Fruit (8), Hydreigon25 (0), cw357 (1), DonkiDori (8), scrawldragon (0), yurkin (0)

View Vote History

End day at majority is enabled. With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to reach majority.

Day 4 ends at 8:00 PM EDT on Wednesday, September 23rd, 2020. There are 1600905660000 remaining.

17. ISO #767
    Quote Originally Posted by Fruit (#765)
    Yeah, I've never seen a newbie setup without one in the setup.

Also, if he checked the Scum Roleblocker at any point, he would've been able to confirm it as Scum since our Protective was dead. However, I still don't think his mentions and interactions with Nagisa were telling enough for that to be the case. There's nothing that stood out to me in his ISO in regards to reports, so I think looking there is a waste of time.

@DonkiDori, do you still town-read cw? If so, can you walk me through that read in more depth?
    I initially had a town read on cw because they didn't vote for me on Day 1, and I thought that mafia would surely want to hop on my wagon. From there I had similar reads with cw, such as Hydreigon and yurkin being scum, and we've voted the same since Day 2. I think I still town-read cw, but at this point I'm willing to believe that there's a "deepwolf". I'm new to this game, so my opinions could be entirely off.

18. ISO #768
    Timezone
    Community
    MINDNIGHT
    AKA
    Mango
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    My problem with cw is that at first he gave me the impression of a player who tries hard and wants to be helpful. But, the longer this game has gone on, he's now giving me the impression that he was doing it for cover. He hasn't reached many conclusions, nor has he taken much of a stance on anything. The majority of his posts are long without much of anything in them.

Comments like these are what's making me feel like he's forcing emotions:

Quote Originally Posted by cw357 (#285)
    The HawkAussie wagon -> hang. HOW.

seriously I have to go offline for about 2 hours and you hang hawk over...a readlist??? the readlist was admittedly bad, but hawk was showing patterns of contributing and being towny unlike other players.
    ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by cw357 (#391)
    hmph so at this point I guess i need to take a side here since it's maj oh i hate majority
    Quote Originally Posted by cw357 (#463)
    they feel sketchy, rushed, and trying to put on a show to get your wagon off the table imo

the problem is some people act anti-town regardless of whether or not they're scum

so i can't tell whether or not this is a scumtell argh
    Quote Originally Posted by cw357 (#484)
    i hate this situation
    although
    if richard flips scum, then yipee
    and if richard flips town, he had so many interactions that we'll probably be able to get some good info

besides i really don't see who's scummier
    i mean bo is close, and hydreigon and yurkin are scummy too
    but not as distinctly scummy

*fingers crossed, takes deep breath*
    Quote Originally Posted by cw357 (#730)
    ugh ugh ugh i really don't know what to do here since the kill will either rand on hyd or i can hammer on bo.
    Quote Originally Posted by cw357 (#747)
    and oh darn i just saw that pr is dead
    wait what that was sun tzu
    . . . i need to think, actually had sun in my list of people who i think are scum
    and why would maf nk sun, he was literally in the hang pool
    hmph

It could be a tonal thing, but I think there's too many instances of it for it to be solely that. I don't think he's the best lynch for today, but I think the people who are sold on him being town need to reconsider.

19. ISO #769
    Quote Originally Posted by Fruit (#768)
    My problem with cw is that at first he gave me the impression of a player who tries hard and wants to be helpful. But, the longer this game has gone on, he's now giving me the impression that he was doing it for cover. He hasn't reached many conclusions, nor has he taken much of a stance on anything. The majority of his posts are long without much of anything in them.

Comments like these are what's making me feel like he's forcing emotions:

Quote Originally Posted by cw357 (#285)
    The HawkAussie wagon -> hang. HOW.

seriously I have to go offline for about 2 hours and you hang hawk over...a readlist??? the readlist was admittedly bad, but hawk was showing patterns of contributing and being towny unlike other players.
    ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by cw357 (#391)
    hmph so at this point I guess i need to take a side here since it's maj oh i hate majority
    Quote Originally Posted by cw357 (#463)
    they feel sketchy, rushed, and trying to put on a show to get your wagon off the table imo

the problem is some people act anti-town regardless of whether or not they're scum

so i can't tell whether or not this is a scumtell argh
    Quote Originally Posted by cw357 (#484)
    i hate this situation
    although
    if richard flips scum, then yipee
    and if richard flips town, he had so many interactions that we'll probably be able to get some good info

besides i really don't see who's scummier
    i mean bo is close, and hydreigon and yurkin are scummy too
    but not as distinctly scummy

*fingers crossed, takes deep breath*
    Quote Originally Posted by cw357 (#730)
    ugh ugh ugh i really don't know what to do here since the kill will either rand on hyd or i can hammer on bo.
    . . . i need to think, actually had sun in my list of people who i think are scum
    hmph

It could be a tonal thing, but I think there's too many instances of it for it to be solely that. I don't think he's the best lynch for today, but I think the people who are sold on him being town need to reconsider.
    I can see why you think he's forcing emotions, though that could just be how he talks in general. I think you have a point with him being wishy washy, which is a turn from how he was playing in the beginning.

What do you think of scrawldragon. He's barely been making his post quota and his posts have been inaccurate after the fact, saying that CRichard and Bo could be w/w and that a Bo/Donki/Hyd team could be a likely scum team(which I obviously don't agree with).

20. ISO #770
    Timezone
    Community
    MINDNIGHT
    AKA
    Mango
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by DonkiDori (#769)
    What do you think of scrawldragon. He's barely been making his post quota and his posts have been inaccurate after the fact, saying that CRichard and Bo could be w/w and that a Bo/Donki/Hyd team could be a likely scum team(which I obviously don't agree with).
    I don't make much of his ISO, besides his early game posting. I can follow his thought process inside Posts 58, 117 and 118 very well. His read list in 231 isn't amazing by any means, but it's consistent with his thoughts. I'm getting the impression that he's trying to figure this out, but his lack of questioning others bothers me. Either way, 21 posts in 4 days is far from being enough content to reach a conclusion. I'm leaning towards him being town, but it's not a strong read.

21. ISO #771
    would claiming during this stage of the game be safe so town doesn't mis-lynch & lose ?

22. ISO #772
    if so i'll be a mis-lynch

23. ISO #773
    Timezone
    Community
    MINDNIGHT
    AKA
    Mango
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Yes, the remaining PR (Vigilante) should claim. It narrows down the lynch pool today, and their shot doesn't matter anymore.

24. ISO #774
    Timezone
    UTC+08:00
    AKA
    ignoramus
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself

Hi! We're currently at either LYLO/MYLO, and you two haven't uttered a word yet. I'd appreciate if you two posted your thoughts/reads.
    (it'd also be nice if you gave your reasons for them)

25. ISO #775
    Timezone
    AKA
    ignoramus
    Pronouns
    @yurkin how many mafia games have you played? What is your latest mafia game where you were mafia? (can you send link?) @DonkiDori can you please give us your thoughts? The more explanation, the better.

hi everyone

(i've copy-and-pasted this post in from windows notepad, so my apologies if some of this ends up not being 100% accurate)

p#730
    explanations coming at the start of d3 unless I can type some of them up fast; I'm sorry for having not been online
    my vote on hydreigon was intended to create a counterwagon
    my initial intention was to switch over to bo (primarily due to the "slip"), but after reconsidering this slip a little and whether or not it actually was a slip (I mean how could scum have accidentally typed into the wrong chat) but regardless, here we are

anyways, hydreigon is in the hang pool for me, as well as a few others but i need to think about that in more detail

and since there's no more protective role, unless vig hits scum here, then it is now in lylo, and we haven't gotten any scum

there was a similar situation to this that happened on AoPS (mafia game 201 for those of you interested) where misguided town led us in the wrong directions and posted endlessly, having great control of town, on the first two days. Then, everyone started to question those town and the three scum were able to come in and powerwolf to a win. I suspect a similar situation is going on here: scum could have lurked early days as town was screwing everything up and then entered into the game more on later days

with regards to this strategy today, i mean we're really just trying to look for just one person who is probably scum, 1. so doing a gth (gun to head) or something might be a good idea
    in general though, I'm going to make a readlist by tomorrow morning and ask that everyone else do that if possible; that way we can try and collectively pick the person who has the most scummy and least towny characteristics

2. lastly, keeping a "pick your poison" mindset today will probably help us find scum; sure, everybody does towny things; we're just trying to find the person whose redeeming qualities least mitigate their scumtells

hmph
    @cw357 how long have you been playing mafia games in AoPS? Do you often bus your teammates as mafia? (links would be nice) Also! When you see this ping:
    1. give me a GTH as early as you can.
    2. Please clarify the concept of "pick your poison".

26. ISO #776
    Timezone
    UTC+03:00
    Community
    Mafia Colosseum
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Strategist Nagisa (#775)
    @yurkin how many mafia games have you played? What is your latest mafia game where you were mafia? (can you send link?) @DonkiDori can you please give us your thoughts? The more explanation, the better.

hi everyone

(i've copy-and-pasted this post in from windows notepad, so my apologies if some of this ends up not being 100% accurate)

p#730
    explanations coming at the start of d3 unless I can type some of them up fast; I'm sorry for having not been online
    my initial intention was to switch over to bo (primarily due to the "slip"), but after reconsidering this slip a little and whether or not it actually was a slip (I mean how could scum have accidentally typed into the wrong chat) but regardless, here we are

anyways, hydreigon is in the hang pool for me, as well as a few others but i need to think about that in more detail

and since there's no more protective role, unless vig hits scum here, then it is now in lylo, and we haven't gotten any scum

there was a similar situation to this that happened on AoPS (mafia game 201 for those of you interested) where misguided town led us in the wrong directions and posted endlessly, having great control of town, on the first two days. Then, everyone started to question those town and the three scum were able to come in and powerwolf to a win. I suspect a similar situation is going on here: scum could have lurked early days as town was screwing everything up and then entered into the game more on later days

with regards to this strategy today, i mean we're really just trying to look for just one person who is probably scum, 1. so doing a gth (gun to head) or something might be a good idea
    in general though, I'm going to make a readlist by tomorrow morning and ask that everyone else do that if possible; that way we can try and collectively pick the person who has the most scummy and least towny characteristics

2. lastly, keeping a "pick your poison" mindset today will probably help us find scum; sure, everybody does towny things; we're just trying to find the person whose redeeming qualities least mitigate their scumtells

hmph
    @cw357 how long have you been playing mafia games in AoPS? Do you often bus your teammates as mafia? (links would be nice) Also! When you see this ping:
    Well, I haven't really counted the games I have played
    This was the latest

https://www.mafiacolosseum.com/threa...e-3#post-45788

27. ISO #777
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Colosseum
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Strategist Nagisa (#774)
    @scrawldragon @yurkin

Hi! We're currently at either LYLO/MYLO, and you two haven't uttered a word yet. I'd appreciate if you two posted your thoughts/reads.
    I had hard time waking up today, I'll be posting in a bit.

If me and donki are town here, I have just 2 players to deduce as town, but nothing is off the table

28. ISO #778
    Timezone
    AKA
    ignoramus
    Pronouns

hi everyone

p#730

hmph
    This was the latest

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by yurkin (#777)
    @scrawldragon @yurkin

If me and donki are town here, I have just 2 players to deduce as town, but nothing is off the table
    ...perspective slip?
    Or do you mean "if Donki is town here as well"?

29. ISO #779
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Colosseum
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Strategist Nagisa (#778)
    Quote Originally Posted by yurkin (#776)

hi everyone

p#730

hmph
    This was the latest

thank you

@scrawldragon @yurkin

...perspective slip?
    Plural form

30. ISO #780
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Colosseum
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

31. ISO #781
    Timezone
    AKA
    ignoramus
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by Strategist Nagisa (#778)
    Quote Originally Posted by yurkin (#776)

hi everyone

p#730

hmph
    This was the latest

thank you

@scrawldragon @yurkin

...perspective slip?
    Plural form
    Quote Originally Posted by yurkin (#780)
    Please don't catch for straws
    Yep
    Sorry
    Just on edge since I normally don't live until MYLO/LYLO

32. ISO #782
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    AoPS

1) here you go:
    • scrawldragon
    • DonkiDori
    • yurkin

I'd put hyd on there except that he softed pr (i think) and hasn't been counter-claimed yet, where he asked about whether pr would claim so he wouldn't get mishanged or something like that.

2) haha that note was probably directed to myself truthfully; i'll clarify what I mean by that below

yeah so i see in whatever post it was but I'll just do @Fruit @DonkiDori so you see this regardless
    with regards to me being wishy-washy, yeah you're probably right that on d3 i wasn't really trying to scumhunt and convince others of my conclusions enough. truthfully I've just kind of gotten apathetic since i feel like the games has gotten stuck, but i'll try not to do that. to elaborate further, i'm going to link to aops below so you can read both my meta and how games play on the site, which i'll outline below, the point being that i actually don't have much experience with plain old scumhunting to the current game-state (being in lylo with basically no info from pr) is kind of why i'm apathetic:

first game i played in (game 198), newbie game: got hanged d1 because i pushed for two quickhammers and then claimed both of them were reaction tests, then didn't claim 1-sbp (which i was) when I got hanged Day 1. oof didn't really play much in that game, but the setup was matrix9 fyi
    second game i played in, (game 200), for game 200, one of our few forum dictators (or should I say oligarchy) put together an insane setup that basically took power roles from his other games. (there were like only 3 vts or so i think, in a setup with almost 20 people) basically, we used a massclaim strategy and were constantly sharing night actions and other information. I say this because my point is that the game was thoughrouly mechanical, and truthfully we didn't do that much scumhunting
    third game i played in, mafia game 201, this game was an absolute mess, in part thanks to me and one other player, who decided that it would be nice to spam the game thread endlessly. i nearly got force-replaced twice, and scum coasted to victory. didn't really gain any experience from that other than tunneling = bad
    fourth game i played, mafia game 203, so this turned out to be a super demented setup by the mind behing MG200 in which there were two town masons and 11 "amniesic" goons, who did not know their partners and flipped goon when killed: in essence, town was scum and scum was town. I was one of the masons, so I guess that counts as a scumgame?? (although i didn't know it until later on) regardless, my partner was HannahW @Strategist Nagisa and i bussed a lot since you asked about that.
    fifth game, mafia game 204, ok this was pretty embarrassing, this game in conjunction with 201 got me a 3-month ban from aops mafia that ended about a week ago actually. basically i posted pictures of a bunch of weird flavors of oreos and then spammed LiKe ThIs and claimed that I was a BM serial killer that flipped VT when i was hanged, even though I was actually just a VT. i've mended my ways since, but just an fyi if you want to read 204

the link to the forum is: https://artofproblemsolving.com/community/c49 it's pretty easy to find games since all of the locked games are ordered.