Page 34 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,700 of 6619

Thread: Season 7, Finale: End of the Line [The Mafia Championship] Day 4
Day 4 

  1. ISO #1651
    Responsible for #8 Chemist1422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    23,887
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Mist
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedJimmyJay (#1648)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#1647)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedJimmyJay (#1646)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#1642)
    serious question, do you think 3 y/o meta is really that helpful for reading you?
    You asked for a very specific type of game. What do you expect?
    i don't get the point of this question, rhetorical or not
    Your question to dyachei looked packaged with shade as if she should have chosen a more recent example. Given that you prompted her with a very specific kind of game, I find your response to her kinda goofy. One might have to dig into the archives of their Mafia play to find exactly "a game where you were under heavy pressure as town".
    they, not she, and i don't think so?

    like I don't know how you find it weird that I'd expect someone who plays enough to be well-known on the site to have faced pressure as town more recently

  2. ISO #1652
    1610 roro__b's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,766
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Hattrick
    AKA
    dobby
    Pronouns
    it/it/its/its/itself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#1645)
    i feel like i'm this close to getting a solid grasp on the game

    @roro__b
    How should I be reading you right now?
    I did answer that last thing which is in 1609, if you saw it.

    Read me as whatever you want to, but have actual grounds for the reads. I want to know more about your thoughts and to find you towny/making sense for being you, because its falling a bit short rn

  3. ISO #1653
    Everyone's mom...except Roro__b's dyachei's Avatar Head Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    38,795
    Community
    SDN, MU
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedJimmyJay (#1650)
    Quote Originally Posted by dyachei (#1649)
    ohi'd put him in null for right now. i've liked a little of what he's been doing but not enough to move him up
    What does it mean to you that we're seeing 93% of the same game outside one another?
    you're the one i might be wrong on, particularly if michelle flips w

    it also seems weird to me because i've been talking about most of these reads for a bit and this is the first time you've picked up on it

  4. ISO #1654
    Soul Reader JaggedJimmyJay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Athens, Ohio, US
    Posts
    1,648
    Community
    The Syndicate | RateYourMusic
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#1651)
    they, not she, and i don't think so?

    like I don't know how you find it weird that I'd expect someone who plays enough to be well-known on the site to have faced pressure as town more recently
    Apologies, dya.

    If you ask me that I probably have to dig back 1.5-2 years.

  5. ISO #1655
    Responsible for #8 Chemist1422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    23,887
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Mist
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#1652)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#1645)
    i feel like i'm this close to getting a solid grasp on the game

    @roro__b
    How should I be reading you right now?
    I did answer that last thing which is in 1609, if you saw it.

    Read me as whatever you want to, but have actual grounds for the reads. I want to know more about your thoughts and to find you towny/making sense for being you, because its falling a bit short rn
    i'm currently less invested in how you're reading me relative to how i should be reading you/your posts

  6. ISO #1656
    Hee Ho! Jackofhearts2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    8,686
    Community
    HCRealms/MafiatheSyndicate
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedJimmyJay (#1637)
    @Jackofhearts2005 it'd be swell to get your general reads, free of any associations, in the form of a list or something. Explain them or don't, just some consolidated post would be super.
    K


    TOWN
    Mist - Her emotion has felt very honest.
    SPF - I agree with almost everything she says, either initially or upon being convinced after reading it. I can’t imagine a wolf being able to fool me this badly.
    Monkey - I see honesty in her reads. I see no agenda (ftr, I always mean this as “wolf agenda”) in her pushes either. She’s honest about her wolf meta (at least as of a few years back) to a group of players who largely don’t know it. I sense her honest frustration.
    Sloonei - Doing his Sloontown thing. The accusations against him largely fall flat because they’re about him defending wolf partners me (and I know I’m town) and Jay (who I townread).
    Jay - Generally attempting to do his Jay town leading thing. Taking townies out of the box.

    TOWNLEAN
    Radishes - General treatment of Shep and attitude feels townie.

    Dizzy - Felt legit excited to play. Particularly with Jimmy, who I am not a fan of playing with when he’s town and I’m a wolf. Generally feels like town Dizzy.

    Shep - Feels like the same slightly disconnected townShep from semis

    Arrette - Townie tone. Nothing pinging me in her iso. She’s probably been consensus locktowned too easily but is quiet enough she’ll be re-evaluated if needed.

    Hally - I haven’t interacted with Hally much but none of their posts have pinged me. Feels at least minimally solvey.

    TORN (give X another day)
    Phighter - There are compelling reasons to scumread and townread him. I’m not super worried about potential scumPhighter being in a winning position after this D1.

    Dobby - I don’t really know what to do with Dobby. I disagree with lots of their reads and there’s a bunch of emotion and frustration I don’t understand (contrast Jay and Monkey).

    Scumlean
    Dya - Basically hate all her self defense and her pushes against me. Potential tmi slip on my alignment. Late day spontaneous generation of Michelle as a scumread and pointing to it as self defense is bad. Seems way madder here than in the game she linked where she was chopped D1.

    Michelle - Wolf Michelle struggles to generate content more than town Michelle. She’s been absent. I don’t see the shiny, solvey, observant town Michelle I want to see.

  7. ISO #1657
    Soul Reader JaggedJimmyJay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Athens, Ohio, US
    Posts
    1,648
    Community
    The Syndicate | RateYourMusic
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by dyachei (#1653)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedJimmyJay (#1650)
    Quote Originally Posted by dyachei (#1649)
    ohi'd put him in null for right now. i've liked a little of what he's been doing but not enough to move him up
    What does it mean to you that we're seeing 93% of the same game outside one another?
    you're the one i might be wrong on, particularly if michelle flips w

    it also seems weird to me because i've been talking about most of these reads for a bit and this is the first time you've picked up on it
    It's the first time you've put all of your reads in one place for me to look at. It's much easier to notice the parallel in that form.

  8. ISO #1658
    Hee Ho! Jackofhearts2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    8,686
    Community
    HCRealms/MafiatheSyndicate
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Bleh $%#! my formatting.

  9. ISO #1659
    Responsible for #8 Chemist1422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    23,887
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Mist
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedJimmyJay (#1654)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#1651)
    they, not she, and i don't think so?

    like I don't know how you find it weird that I'd expect someone who plays enough to be well-known on the site to have faced pressure as town more recently
    Apologies, dya.

    If you ask me that I probably have to dig back 1.5-2 years.
    ...well then

    this post is more deflating than it should be tbh

  10. ISO #1660
    Everyone's mom...except Roro__b's dyachei's Avatar Head Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    38,795
    Community
    SDN, MU
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedJimmyJay (#1657)
    Quote Originally Posted by dyachei (#1653)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedJimmyJay (#1650)
    Quote Originally Posted by dyachei (#1649)
    ohi'd put him in null for right now. i've liked a little of what he's been doing but not enough to move him up
    What does it mean to you that we're seeing 93% of the same game outside one another?
    you're the one i might be wrong on, particularly if michelle flips w

    it also seems weird to me because i've been talking about most of these reads for a bit and this is the first time you've picked up on it
    It's the first time you've put all of your reads in one place for me to look at. It's much easier to notice the parallel in that form.
    i guess. i mean i keep getting told im not doing much outside of responding to jack but most of how i come these reads are there. if you even just skimmed an iso i feel like many would be obvious

  11. ISO #1661
    Hee Ho! Jackofhearts2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    8,686
    Community
    HCRealms/MafiatheSyndicate
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    I’m sorry for $%#!ing up Dy’s pronouns all game. I thought I knew them and hadn’t checked.

  12. ISO #1662
    Responsible for #8 Chemist1422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    23,887
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Mist
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    I

    don't dislike that jack list

    but I've also been reasonably fine with dya's response to jack, especially comparing sf1 and the game they linked earlier

    but if they're both villagers then what am I doing wrong

  13. ISO #1663
    Soul Reader Sloonei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    1,597
    Community
    TheSyndicate/RYM
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedJimmyJay (#1643)
    We have the same reads. Like almost identical, down to replacing my name with yours. That's something I will have to think about. Also I think you forgot Sheppard.
    I just had this same thought, but I'd put you at the top and cross my own name out. dyachei themself is a player I am currently struggling to pin down, but I like this recent flurry.

    I think I am arriving at a more comfortable town read on Phighter. His harping on the point about my earliest prods of him strikes me as a civilian who was irked by something at the beginning of the game and can't move past it. Kinda like how I have been with him. We're a perfect match.

    I've also just been scanning Arete because I've hardly registered them at all this game. I think they look good. Their progression on Dizzy especially looks like something that a wolf has no reason to fake. Starts as a light suspect and eventually moves toward a more positive read without anyone ever asking for any updates.

    The thought I am coming back to as I try to decide where my vote belongs today (I only have about 3 more hours) is my investigation into the push on me, and why it did not actually take off beyond the two players who generated it. After my previous two games in this tournament, I'd expect the mafia team to be happy to seize an opportunity to get rid of me (toot toot), but when two players, both of whom I'd lean town on (Dobby + Phighter), became very vocal Sloonei opponents early/mid-Day 1, the case just kinda sat there limp in the middle of the thread. People talked about it, but it never progressed.

    The theory I was toying with at the time (as mentioned in the post) was that at least one Bad Guy had already established a plan to pocket me and thus they were struggling to adjust to the unforeseen suspicion against me. This prompted me to vote for Jack.

    Another very surface-level wrinkle to this is that I am a largely known quantity in this roster. We've joked about how this is basically just a Syndicate game. Over half the players in the game have played with me before. 1/3 have known me for a while prior to this tournament. The two players pushing me were not among that group. I think a wolf who knows me would be more wary of pushing on me in that position.

    I've dumped all these thoughts out in one post because I'm a little bit scattered right now and am also trying to make my remaining ~30 posts count. These words are not directed at anyone in particular, although I guess the fact that they're coming out in response to a Jay post is a subconscious request that we put our Big Brains together and solve this thing as best we can here and now. That hasn't really happened yet. Why hasn't that happened yet?

  14. ISO #1664
    Responsible for #8 Chemist1422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    23,887
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Mist
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    I don't know maybe that is a bad list

    The Phighter read is underdeveloped, I don't really think there's much behind the sloonei/jay ones other than "doing the sloonei/jay" thing, the Michelle read feels easy and I kinda just disagree with the dya one

    ugh

  15. ISO #1665
    1610 roro__b's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,766
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Hattrick
    AKA
    dobby
    Pronouns
    it/it/its/its/itself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#1655)
    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#1652)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#1645)
    i feel like i'm this close to getting a solid grasp on the game

    @roro__b
    How should I be reading you right now?
    I did answer that last thing which is in 1609, if you saw it.

    Read me as whatever you want to, but have actual grounds for the reads. I want to know more about your thoughts and to find you towny/making sense for being you, because its falling a bit short rn
    i'm currently less invested in how you're reading me relative to how i should be reading you/your posts
    It's really hard getting anything out of you tbh. I'm interested in your thoughts so that's what I'm going to be asking you about. If you're wondering anything that might help you, I'm here for you.

    Like, until Carlos joatclaimed sf1 I was towncored by everyone. It was deliberate. After the claim, I had to attempt something. To me it's a pretty drastic change of approach I've got this game whis has got close to everyone not understanding how I'm playing the game, or scumleaning me, and pretty much nobody caring to include me in their seven. I honestly kinda want to say that I know how to play the game to look good, except I'm not doing it here, nowhere near it. I'm interested in figuring it out so I will do what I think will help me with that. When it comes to "how you should be reading me" I've had like a lot of ppl saying I'm talking too much about how I'm approaching this game, I'm sure you'll find stuff there if you look

  16. ISO #1666
    Responsible for #8 Chemist1422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    23,887
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Mist
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    ##Vote Jackofhearts2005

    hee ho

    thinking on it more I don't like that he has two people he said he was going to be paranoid about in his top town tier with kinda lackluster explanations

  17. ISO #1667
    Responsible for #8 Chemist1422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    23,887
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Mist
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#1665)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#1655)
    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#1652)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#1645)
    i feel like i'm this close to getting a solid grasp on the game

    @roro__b
    How should I be reading you right now?
    I did answer that last thing which is in 1609, if you saw it.

    Read me as whatever you want to, but have actual grounds for the reads. I want to know more about your thoughts and to find you towny/making sense for being you, because its falling a bit short rn
    i'm currently less invested in how you're reading me relative to how i should be reading you/your posts
    It's really hard getting anything out of you tbh. I'm interested in your thoughts so that's what I'm going to be asking you about. If you're wondering anything that might help you, I'm here for you.

    Like, until Carlos joatclaimed sf1 I was towncored by everyone. It was deliberate. After the claim, I had to attempt something. To me it's a pretty drastic change of approach I've got this game whis has got close to everyone not understanding how I'm playing the game, or scumleaning me, and pretty much nobody caring to include me in their seven. I honestly kinda want to say that I know how to play the game to look good, except I'm not doing it here, nowhere near it. I'm interested in figuring it out so I will do what I think will help me with that. When it comes to "how you should be reading me" I've had like a lot of ppl saying I'm talking too much about how I'm approaching this game, I'm sure you'll find stuff there if you look
    okay

    what are your three strongest reads on players who weren't in sf1? can be either town or scum

  18. ISO #1668
    Automatic Game Mod Mafia Host's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    220,739
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Season 7, Finale: End of the Line [The Mafia Championship] Day 1 Votecount

    Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    4 Michelle Sheppard (122), JaggedJimmyJay (144), staypositivefriend (111), Jackofhearts2005 (147)
    4 Jackofhearts2005 hey_monkey (143), dyachei (100), Phighter (142), Chemist1422 (106)
    2 JaggedJimmyJay Michelle (26), Dyslexicon (87)
    1 Sloonei roro__b (127)
    1 Chemist1422 Sloonei (123)
    1 roro__b Arete (72)
    2 Not voting Hally (66), Master Radishes (69)

    View Vote History

    Day 1 ends at 7:00 PM EDT on Wednesday, September 16th, 2020. There are 1600297260000 remaining.

  19. ISO #1669
    Everyone's mom...except Roro__b's dyachei's Avatar Head Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    38,795
    Community
    SDN, MU
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Gender
    @JaggedJimmyJay have you done an iso/case on jack at all?

  20. ISO #1670
    Hee Ho! Jackofhearts2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    8,686
    Community
    HCRealms/MafiatheSyndicate
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#1666)
    ##Vote Jackofhearts2005

    hee ho

    thinking on it more I don't like that he has two people he said he was going to be paranoid about in his top town tier with kinda lackluster explanations
    I said I’d be paranoid about Sloonei. Jay’s not nearly so difficult to read and I think this environment makes Sloonei a lot easier to read.

    Please understand that I’ve played with these players for several years.

    Is there any part of your suspicion on me that you want me to address.

    A few minutes ago, you liked my readlist. I’m not sure what changed. :-/

  21. ISO #1671
    Soul Reader Arete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,945
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Forum of Lies
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Radishes (#1446)
    In truth, I think the scum would be hesitant to handle me. They'd want me as mischop bait but don't want to be the ones seen pushing it on D1. So if anything I expect 2-3 wolves ignored my slot to avoid taking a stance on my lacklustre opening.
    who do you see as fitting this category? @Master Radishes

  22. ISO #1672
    Responsible for #8 Chemist1422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    23,887
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Mist
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackofhearts2005 (#1670)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#1666)
    ##Vote Jackofhearts2005

    hee ho

    thinking on it more I don't like that he has two people he said he was going to be paranoid about in his top town tier with kinda lackluster explanations
    I said I’d be paranoid about Sloonei. Jay’s not nearly so difficult to read and I think this environment makes Sloonei a lot easier to read.

    Please understand that I’ve played with these players for several years.

    Is there any part of your suspicion on me that you want me to address.

    A few minutes ago, you liked my readlist. I’m not sure what changed. :-/
    what would you expect to see from wolf!sloonei/jay in this environment that you're not seeing here?

  23. ISO #1673
    Furry Collective Keeper of the Swans Michelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    11,189
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    AnimeBase
    Gender
    So i started off on the wrong foot because reasons and i will not insist on this.

    Deja-vu things that happened:
    - I think mafia!Jay pushed me based on the idea that i am LHF. they were expressing pretty early I have to be wolf for lol meta reasons
    - townies who knows me best are dissapointed because i am not the easy read Michelle they are used to. Now i have to find them. I think one is Phighter, i already said why.
    - i played at bad hours last night to try to connect myself to the game and i received a ton of Ate after an interaction with Roro. This brings me in memory my december hydra game and a recent game at MTGS where i freeze at accusation of violent play as villager. I play to enjoy the game, as the main reason to play. The slightest idea that someone/anyone can not have fun playing with me is depressing me. This is Ate, but mafia is like 1/3 pure emotion and I am expressing it to show my current state. Anyone who is cold like a brick is not a real mafioso, is just a posting machine.

    Now i will ISO Chemist - my first game with them, Mentor/Mentee game january 2019, i saw mafia Chem few times, he saw mafia me few times, we rand in almost all mafia roles in our games, turbos, mashes, normal games, Champs G11 season 6 too.

    Fluffing until P#181, Chem said a common sense thing
    'maybe it's because i came from a wolf win in my semifinal but i think pretty much everyone here is a super capable wolf and trying to townclear tons of people a half hour into the game is a recipe for disaster'
    expressing worry for the gamestate. Post feels genuine for me, why would a wolf point out a disaster?

    P#207 - shows a prudent approach, and a real thought imo
    P#362 ordering players - this is not a bad thing, i consider this not really AI. What i like at that post is the last line. What usefulness has for wolf!Chem to say 'i may or may not have replaced hally with monkey and had to fix it after i realized hally wasn't in there'

    P#372 if Chem is wolf he may support a teammate here in Dizzy or pocket villa!Dizzy 'i do think he could fake enthusiasm as a wolf here but i don't think he's doing that, '
    but in the same time that thought can be a genuine read and i think is the latest.

    P#376 - pointing out some faking paranoia in Jack's posts (i need to Iso Jack)
    In P#409 Chem shows how Jay is universally TR and no one pushes him.
    P#425 TR on Roro for how he was approaching reads
    P#431 Chem knows Poe is not perfect, he was in the Poe, I was/am in the Poe as villager countless times.
    P#474 to Jay 'i also think the basis of this read could easily be an attempt to establish/further a thread narrative and i dislike it' and P#475 voted Jay - puts the money where the mouth is. I fully agree with this idea.
    P#732 sees in Jay's posts an agenda and P#738 explains at Hally's question the train of thoughts regarding Jay 'He's been pushing Phighter for bad reasons and is essentially trying to force his own reads onto the thread using the strategy'
    P#745 they see me overwhelmed by the game, i am sorry i gave this impression, is just my lack of play time.
    P#781 Chem said they don't have other idea than the posted ones - i think not posting things just to be posted and not feeling the need to flood the thread is a good image.

    P#807 i wonder if Chem is accepting Jay pocketing him in P#792 'As it happens I think you're in a decent position to land among The Seven anyway.'
    P#883 is a TR on Arete and a non agression pact?
    P#896 - Chem shows that they are posting only what they need
    P#944 - gamestate post, i think i never did such analysis in day 1, is this a base for associative reads?
    p#962 '
    spf town
    arete town
    shepp townlean'
    P#1142 unvoted Jay and said they have trouble finding scum reads - as question mark, the lack of SRs is the one here but the rest of the ideas show that Chem is preoccupied to solve the game.
    P#1192 wants to vig me :/ and prob Dobby/Sloonei - BUT Dobby was TR in P#424, what happened in between @ Chem?
    P#1271 keeping posts to not post cap and have an interaction with SPF regarding Shep's AI - shows interest to solve, again
    P#1282, P#1288 , P#1354 he shows he wants to sort my slot not to go with a preconceived thing like i felt at Jay for eg.

    Tl;dr: I think Chem is villager, and for the possibility i may be wrong, not today is the day to check this.

    question: why you said you want to vig me?

  24. ISO #1674
    Soul Reader JaggedJimmyJay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Athens, Ohio, US
    Posts
    1,648
    Community
    The Syndicate | RateYourMusic
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by dyachei (#1669)
    @JaggedJimmyJay have you done an iso/case on jack at all?
    1243

    Long story short I don't find his posts awful. They sort of just exist, and I cannot find a good reason to say that Jack is town.

    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle (#1673)
    Deja-vu things that happened:
    - I think mafia!Jay pushed me based on the idea that i am LHF. they were expressing pretty early I have to be wolf for lol meta reasons
    I posted an entire ISO case against you. This is not a good representation of what I did.

  25. ISO #1675
    Responsible for #8 Chemist1422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    23,887
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Mist
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle (#1673)
    So i started off on the wrong foot because reasons and i will not insist on this.

    Deja-vu things that happened:
    - I think mafia!Jay pushed me based on the idea that i am LHF. they were expressing pretty early I have to be wolf for lol meta reasons
    - townies who knows me best are dissapointed because i am not the easy read Michelle they are used to. Now i have to find them. I think one is Phighter, i already said why.
    - i played at bad hours last night to try to connect myself to the game and i received a ton of Ate after an interaction with Roro. This brings me in memory my december hydra game and a recent game at MTGS where i freeze at accusation of violent play as villager. I play to enjoy the game, as the main reason to play. The slightest idea that someone/anyone can not have fun playing with me is depressing me. This is Ate, but mafia is like 1/3 pure emotion and I am expressing it to show my current state. Anyone who is cold like a brick is not a real mafioso, is just a posting machine.

    Now i will ISO Chemist - my first game with them, Mentor/Mentee game january 2019, i saw mafia Chem few times, he saw mafia me few times, we rand in almost all mafia roles in our games, turbos, mashes, normal games, Champs G11 season 6 too.

    Fluffing until P#181, Chem said a common sense thing
    'maybe it's because i came from a wolf win in my semifinal but i think pretty much everyone here is a super capable wolf and trying to townclear tons of people a half hour into the game is a recipe for disaster'
    expressing worry for the gamestate. Post feels genuine for me, why would a wolf point out a disaster?

    P#207 - shows a prudent approach, and a real thought imo
    P#362 ordering players - this is not a bad thing, i consider this not really AI. What i like at that post is the last line. What usefulness has for wolf!Chem to say 'i may or may not have replaced hally with monkey and had to fix it after i realized hally wasn't in there'

    P#372 if Chem is wolf he may support a teammate here in Dizzy or pocket villa!Dizzy 'i do think he could fake enthusiasm as a wolf here but i don't think he's doing that, '
    but in the same time that thought can be a genuine read and i think is the latest.

    P#376 - pointing out some faking paranoia in Jack's posts (i need to Iso Jack)
    In P#409 Chem shows how Jay is universally TR and no one pushes him.
    P#425 TR on Roro for how he was approaching reads
    P#431 Chem knows Poe is not perfect, he was in the Poe, I was/am in the Poe as villager countless times.
    P#474 to Jay 'i also think the basis of this read could easily be an attempt to establish/further a thread narrative and i dislike it' and P#475 voted Jay - puts the money where the mouth is. I fully agree with this idea.
    P#732 sees in Jay's posts an agenda and P#738 explains at Hally's question the train of thoughts regarding Jay 'He's been pushing Phighter for bad reasons and is essentially trying to force his own reads onto the thread using the strategy'
    P#745 they see me overwhelmed by the game, i am sorry i gave this impression, is just my lack of play time.
    P#781 Chem said they don't have other idea than the posted ones - i think not posting things just to be posted and not feeling the need to flood the thread is a good image.

    P#807 i wonder if Chem is accepting Jay pocketing him in P#792 'As it happens I think you're in a decent position to land among The Seven anyway.'
    P#883 is a TR on Arete and a non agression pact?
    P#896 - Chem shows that they are posting only what they need
    P#944 - gamestate post, i think i never did such analysis in day 1, is this a base for associative reads?
    p#962 '
    spf town
    arete town
    shepp townlean'
    P#1142 unvoted Jay and said they have trouble finding scum reads - as question mark, the lack of SRs is the one here but the rest of the ideas show that Chem is preoccupied to solve the game.
    P#1192 wants to vig me :/ and prob Dobby/Sloonei - BUT Dobby was TR in P#424, what happened in between @ Chem?
    P#1271 keeping posts to not post cap and have an interaction with SPF regarding Shep's AI - shows interest to solve, again
    P#1282, P#1288 , P#1354 he shows he wants to sort my slot not to go with a preconceived thing like i felt at Jay for eg.

    Tl;dr: I think Chem is villager, and for the possibility i may be wrong, not today is the day to check this.

    question: why you said you want to vig me?
    two things
    1 - i use she/they, not he
    2 - i said that i wanted to vig you because i wanted to see who was committed to the push on you, and how much. if i actually had a vig i'd probably holster it in this situation

  26. ISO #1676
    Hee Ho! Jackofhearts2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    8,686
    Community
    HCRealms/MafiatheSyndicate
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#1672)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackofhearts2005 (#1670)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#1666)
    ##Vote Jackofhearts2005

    hee ho

    thinking on it more I don't like that he has two people he said he was going to be paranoid about in his top town tier with kinda lackluster explanations
    I said I’d be paranoid about Sloonei. Jay’s not nearly so difficult to read and I think this environment makes Sloonei a lot easier to read.

    Please understand that I’ve played with these players for several years.

    Is there any part of your suspicion on me that you want me to address.

    A few minutes ago, you liked my readlist. I’m not sure what changed. :-/
    what would you expect to see from wolf!sloonei/jay in this environment that you're not seeing here?
    I think Jay would be pushing to townclear a partner or put a (not me) townie in the box in a way that looks scummy. He might not reevaluate Phighter.

    Sloonei would be less inquisitive. He’d take more of a back seat.

    They’d probably not mutually townread each other.

  27. ISO #1677
    Wants It More Hally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    6,282
    Community
    PerC/The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Gender
    good morning! i’m hyped for my day off! i’m gonna go catch up on what i missed and then do some iso’s. i really want to make the rest of this day count for me because i don’t know the next time that my day off will actually coincide with the day phase. so this may end up being my only chance ever to actually be fully present this game and i intend to use it well

    see you all in a little bit!

  28. ISO #1678
    Soul Reader Arete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,945
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Forum of Lies
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#1478)
    I'm a little confused on why @Arete voted roro with me but Arete's not here to ask about that
    I mean I literally linked my Iso on Dobby in the post where I voted for them

    but more seriously: I did an Iso of Roro and thought it was kinda wolfy, so I voted him

    it didn't really have to do with the fact that you were also voting him

  29. ISO #1679
    1610 roro__b's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,766
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Hattrick
    AKA
    dobby
    Pronouns
    it/it/its/its/itself
    Gender
    The way chemist stops answering my posts makes me want to read her as town because it's just as frustrating as I've perceived her before. I hate it though and want to snapvote her for it

    Meh. Shes probably town based on her attitude here but I hate it

  30. ISO #1680
    Furry Collective Keeper of the Swans Michelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    11,189
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    AnimeBase
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackofhearts2005 (#1656)
    Michelle - Wolf Michelle struggles to generate content more than town Michelle. She’s been absent. I don’t see the shiny, solvey, observant town Michelle I want to see.
    Busy Michelle is struggling to put the hand on the phone or computer, did you even been annoyingly busy and lost work focus thinking at the game? I also want to see a more solving Jack, like you were last summer in that mountainous game. Where is that Jack?

    I will not answer at any question towards me until i will finish Jack's Iso, i know i have a few, please be patient everyone

  31. ISO #1681
    Responsible for #8 Chemist1422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    23,887
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Mist
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#1679)
    The way chemist stops answering my posts makes me want to read her as town because it's just as frustrating as I've perceived her before. I hate it though and want to snapvote her for it

    Meh. Shes probably town based on her attitude here but I hate it
    i literally did answer your last post

    dobby pls

  32. ISO #1682
    Everyone's mom...except Roro__b's dyachei's Avatar Head Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    38,795
    Community
    SDN, MU
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Gender
    @JaggedJimmyJay do you think jack has been trying to work on a team?

    feel free to answer later (i don't want to take up your limit of posts)

  33. ISO #1683
    Furry Collective Keeper of the Swans Michelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    11,189
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    AnimeBase
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#1675)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle (#1673)
    So i started off on the wrong foot because reasons and i will not insist on this.

    Deja-vu things that happened:
    - I think mafia!Jay pushed me based on the idea that i am LHF. they were expressing pretty early I have to be wolf for lol meta reasons
    - townies who knows me best are dissapointed because i am not the easy read Michelle they are used to. Now i have to find them. I think one is Phighter, i already said why.
    - i played at bad hours last night to try to connect myself to the game and i received a ton of Ate after an interaction with Roro. This brings me in memory my december hydra game and a recent game at MTGS where i freeze at accusation of violent play as villager. I play to enjoy the game, as the main reason to play. The slightest idea that someone/anyone can not have fun playing with me is depressing me. This is Ate, but mafia is like 1/3 pure emotion and I am expressing it to show my current state. Anyone who is cold like a brick is not a real mafioso, is just a posting machine.

    Now i will ISO Chemist - my first game with them, Mentor/Mentee game january 2019, i saw mafia Chem few times, he saw mafia me few times, we rand in almost all mafia roles in our games, turbos, mashes, normal games, Champs G11 season 6 too.

    Fluffing until P#181, Chem said a common sense thing
    'maybe it's because i came from a wolf win in my semifinal but i think pretty much everyone here is a super capable wolf and trying to townclear tons of people a half hour into the game is a recipe for disaster'
    expressing worry for the gamestate. Post feels genuine for me, why would a wolf point out a disaster?

    P#207 - shows a prudent approach, and a real thought imo
    P#362 ordering players - this is not a bad thing, i consider this not really AI. What i like at that post is the last line. What usefulness has for wolf!Chem to say 'i may or may not have replaced hally with monkey and had to fix it after i realized hally wasn't in there'

    P#372 if Chem is wolf he may support a teammate here in Dizzy or pocket villa!Dizzy 'i do think he could fake enthusiasm as a wolf here but i don't think he's doing that, '
    but in the same time that thought can be a genuine read and i think is the latest.

    P#376 - pointing out some faking paranoia in Jack's posts (i need to Iso Jack)
    In P#409 Chem shows how Jay is universally TR and no one pushes him.
    P#425 TR on Roro for how he was approaching reads
    P#431 Chem knows Poe is not perfect, he was in the Poe, I was/am in the Poe as villager countless times.
    P#474 to Jay 'i also think the basis of this read could easily be an attempt to establish/further a thread narrative and i dislike it' and P#475 voted Jay - puts the money where the mouth is. I fully agree with this idea.
    P#732 sees in Jay's posts an agenda and P#738 explains at Hally's question the train of thoughts regarding Jay 'He's been pushing Phighter for bad reasons and is essentially trying to force his own reads onto the thread using the strategy'
    P#745 they see me overwhelmed by the game, i am sorry i gave this impression, is just my lack of play time.
    P#781 Chem said they don't have other idea than the posted ones - i think not posting things just to be posted and not feeling the need to flood the thread is a good image.

    P#807 i wonder if Chem is accepting Jay pocketing him in P#792 'As it happens I think you're in a decent position to land among The Seven anyway.'
    P#883 is a TR on Arete and a non agression pact?
    P#896 - Chem shows that they are posting only what they need
    P#944 - gamestate post, i think i never did such analysis in day 1, is this a base for associative reads?
    p#962 '
    spf town
    arete town
    shepp townlean'
    P#1142 unvoted Jay and said they have trouble finding scum reads - as question mark, the lack of SRs is the one here but the rest of the ideas show that Chem is preoccupied to solve the game.
    P#1192 wants to vig me :/ and prob Dobby/Sloonei - BUT Dobby was TR in P#424, what happened in between @ Chem?
    P#1271 keeping posts to not post cap and have an interaction with SPF regarding Shep's AI - shows interest to solve, again
    P#1282, P#1288 , P#1354 he shows he wants to sort my slot not to go with a preconceived thing like i felt at Jay for eg.

    Tl;dr: I think Chem is villager, and for the possibility i may be wrong, not today is the day to check this.

    question: why you said you want to vig me?

    two things
    1 - i use she/they, not he
    2 - i said that i wanted to vig you because i wanted to see who was committed to the push on you, and how much. if i actually had a vig i'd probably holster it in this situation
    1- sumimasen, i know, it is a mistake when i didn't use they
    2 - i see, thanks for the answer, do you have a conclusion on that?

  34. ISO #1684
    Hee Ho! Jackofhearts2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    8,686
    Community
    HCRealms/MafiatheSyndicate
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle (#1680)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackofhearts2005 (#1656)
    Michelle - Wolf Michelle struggles to generate content more than town Michelle. She’s been absent. I don’t see the shiny, solvey, observant town Michelle I want to see.
    Busy Michelle is struggling to put the hand on the phone or computer, did you even been annoyingly busy and lost work focus thinking at the game? I also want to see a more solving Jack, like you were last summer in that mountainous game. Where is that Jack?

    I will not answer at any question towards me until i will finish Jack's Iso, i know i have a few, please be patient everyone
    Michelle you know me better than that and it’s weird for you to say I’m not solvey when I have a bunch of isos and only have 4 players at null or south of it D1 in a game with 3 wolves. When you haven’t been around.

    And now you’re isoing a player who literally has a single post to reply to you with. It feels like a foregone conclusion what you’re doing.

  35. ISO #1685
    1610 roro__b's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,766
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Hattrick
    AKA
    dobby
    Pronouns
    it/it/its/its/itself
    Gender
    I'm going to attempt doing irl stuff but I'll also read Jack when I can because I havent done much digging into that slot since our early engagements. I felt decently about him but since hes a top wagon I should tbh. My vote right now is on Michelle in spirit but I dont want to apply more pressure there than necessary so I'll wait with that for now. Might address sloonei in more detail as well at some point today if I get the time but it's not prioritized the way today has evolved. With regards to my seven, I dont think much of where in at will change based on this, these people will probably all remain Poe for me

  36. ISO #1686
    Soul Reader JaggedJimmyJay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Athens, Ohio, US
    Posts
    1,648
    Community
    The Syndicate | RateYourMusic
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#1451)
    this is kind of a weird question but during sf2 you correctly scum read dobby right from the start in spec chat. i remember because i really thought he was town. do you remember why you sr him that game at all? and what is he doing differently this game that makes you feel better about him?

    again, this is kind of a dumb question because i know spec chat is not actually mafia (suk eggs) but i’m still curious if you can remember at all
    @Hally

    To be honest my correct N1 guess on Dobby in that game was luck. I found a few of his game-entry posts suspicious and said what the hell. It wasn't until Day 2 that I truly locked in on that read because I thought he responded to the near-confirmed JOAT Carlos in extremely suspicious ways. It's difficult to draw a clear parallel to this game.

  37. ISO #1687
    Everyone's mom...except Roro__b's dyachei's Avatar Head Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    38,795
    Community
    SDN, MU
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#1685)
    I'm going to attempt doing irl stuff but I'll also read Jack when I can because I havent done much digging into that slot since our early engagements. I felt decently about him but since hes a top wagon I should tbh. My vote right now is on Michelle in spirit but I dont want to apply more pressure there than necessary so I'll wait with that for now. Might address sloonei in more detail as well at some point today if I get the time but it's not prioritized the way today has evolved. With regards to my seven, I dont think much of where in at will change based on this, these people will probably all remain Poe for me
    remnd me what your read on sloonei is if you do address it

  38. ISO #1688
    Soul Reader Arete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,945
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Forum of Lies
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#1492)
    The Real Seven (bookmarking this for postgame creds):
    Phighter
    hey_monkey
    Chemist1422
    Arete
    roro_b
    dyachei
    Sheppard

    if I can't include myself:

    hey_monkey
    Chemist1422
    Arete
    roro_b
    dyachei
    Sheppard
    Dyslexicon

    ^^ 0 wolves above this line
    Why is Roro town

    Why is Dya town

  39. ISO #1689
    Responsible for #8 Chemist1422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    23,887
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Mist
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle (#1683)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#1675)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle (#1673)
    So i started off on the wrong foot because reasons and i will not insist on this.

    Deja-vu things that happened:
    - I think mafia!Jay pushed me based on the idea that i am LHF. they were expressing pretty early I have to be wolf for lol meta reasons
    - townies who knows me best are dissapointed because i am not the easy read Michelle they are used to. Now i have to find them. I think one is Phighter, i already said why.
    - i played at bad hours last night to try to connect myself to the game and i received a ton of Ate after an interaction with Roro. This brings me in memory my december hydra game and a recent game at MTGS where i freeze at accusation of violent play as villager. I play to enjoy the game, as the main reason to play. The slightest idea that someone/anyone can not have fun playing with me is depressing me. This is Ate, but mafia is like 1/3 pure emotion and I am expressing it to show my current state. Anyone who is cold like a brick is not a real mafioso, is just a posting machine.

    Now i will ISO Chemist - my first game with them, Mentor/Mentee game january 2019, i saw mafia Chem few times, he saw mafia me few times, we rand in almost all mafia roles in our games, turbos, mashes, normal games, Champs G11 season 6 too.

    Fluffing until P#181, Chem said a common sense thing
    'maybe it's because i came from a wolf win in my semifinal but i think pretty much everyone here is a super capable wolf and trying to townclear tons of people a half hour into the game is a recipe for disaster'
    expressing worry for the gamestate. Post feels genuine for me, why would a wolf point out a disaster?

    P#207 - shows a prudent approach, and a real thought imo
    P#362 ordering players - this is not a bad thing, i consider this not really AI. What i like at that post is the last line. What usefulness has for wolf!Chem to say 'i may or may not have replaced hally with monkey and had to fix it after i realized hally wasn't in there'

    P#372 if Chem is wolf he may support a teammate here in Dizzy or pocket villa!Dizzy 'i do think he could fake enthusiasm as a wolf here but i don't think he's doing that, '
    but in the same time that thought can be a genuine read and i think is the latest.

    P#376 - pointing out some faking paranoia in Jack's posts (i need to Iso Jack)
    In P#409 Chem shows how Jay is universally TR and no one pushes him.
    P#425 TR on Roro for how he was approaching reads
    P#431 Chem knows Poe is not perfect, he was in the Poe, I was/am in the Poe as villager countless times.
    P#474 to Jay 'i also think the basis of this read could easily be an attempt to establish/further a thread narrative and i dislike it' and P#475 voted Jay - puts the money where the mouth is. I fully agree with this idea.
    P#732 sees in Jay's posts an agenda and P#738 explains at Hally's question the train of thoughts regarding Jay 'He's been pushing Phighter for bad reasons and is essentially trying to force his own reads onto the thread using the strategy'
    P#745 they see me overwhelmed by the game, i am sorry i gave this impression, is just my lack of play time.
    P#781 Chem said they don't have other idea than the posted ones - i think not posting things just to be posted and not feeling the need to flood the thread is a good image.

    P#807 i wonder if Chem is accepting Jay pocketing him in P#792 'As it happens I think you're in a decent position to land among The Seven anyway.'
    P#883 is a TR on Arete and a non agression pact?
    P#896 - Chem shows that they are posting only what they need
    P#944 - gamestate post, i think i never did such analysis in day 1, is this a base for associative reads?
    p#962 '
    spf town
    arete town
    shepp townlean'
    P#1142 unvoted Jay and said they have trouble finding scum reads - as question mark, the lack of SRs is the one here but the rest of the ideas show that Chem is preoccupied to solve the game.
    P#1192 wants to vig me :/ and prob Dobby/Sloonei - BUT Dobby was TR in P#424, what happened in between @ Chem?
    P#1271 keeping posts to not post cap and have an interaction with SPF regarding Shep's AI - shows interest to solve, again
    P#1282, P#1288 , P#1354 he shows he wants to sort my slot not to go with a preconceived thing like i felt at Jay for eg.

    Tl;dr: I think Chem is villager, and for the possibility i may be wrong, not today is the day to check this.

    question: why you said you want to vig me?

    two things
    1 - i use she/they, not he
    2 - i said that i wanted to vig you because i wanted to see who was committed to the push on you, and how much. if i actually had a vig i'd probably holster it in this situation
    1- sumimasen, i know, it is a mistake when i didn't use they
    2 - i see, thanks for the answer, do you have a conclusion on that?
    not really, i don't think anyone took note of it

  40. ISO #1690
    Wants It More Hally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    6,282
    Community
    PerC/The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Radishes (#1459)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#1455)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheppard (#1434)

    I know this wasn't addressed to me, but I will say this was pretty much the MR from semis to a T. To really tell what is up will come the closer we get to EOD/D2 and if MR makes the same pivot they did in the Semis (which would be hard to fake, especially with how well the gamesolve turned out to be). I don't trust MR but I think they will self-resolve as stated earlier.
    can you explain what you think is so similar about radishes compared to sf2? i remember town reading him pretty much right away from spec chat but i haven’t been able to do that yet here. he doesn’t strike me as similar beyond his general vibe which i would say is more of a personality tell than an alignment tell. but you were actually in the game, so maybe your perception is different. what do you think i’m missing?
    It's definitely a personality thing tbh. I can act this way as scum.

    On a tangent, my in game personality changes around. I don't choose it, I just respond to the thread state or to individuals.



    Not quoting but,

    Your take on me seems fair, Hally. Makes me feel okay about you in fact, especially the bit about whether I'll meet your expectations, which comes from a solving mindset imo. I expect you're someone who can see the green in me eventually even if I remain in the general PoE.
    i’m curious, is there a reason that you think i in particular am “someone who will eventually see the green in you”? this phrasing pings me as possibly trying to placate or pocket me because you know that i’ve caught you in the past

  41. ISO #1691
    Soul Reader Sheppard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,108
    Community
    LA Gaming Circle
    AKA
    Keasby
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#1559)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheppard (#1015)
    Sheppard Info Update #2 (if I missed you posting your answers to my first post please let me know)


    Dyachei - P#122

    Chemist - Actively Refused.

    Phighter - Actively Refused. UPDATE: Pending to send video mafia VODS

    Michelle - P#618

    Arete - P#268

    Hey_Monkey P#442

    JJJ's: #983

    Everyone Else: No word yet.
    is your read just going to be on whether or not people send this
    This feels so disingenuous.

  42. ISO #1692
    Soul Reader Sloonei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    1,597
    Community
    TheSyndicate/RYM
    Gender
    @JaggedJimmyJay I am bumfuzzed and a bit uncertain what to do. You appear to be encountering the same predicament. Let's think our way out of this with our thinkiness.

    In a few words, how would you summarize this game as it has progressed through Day 1?
    What are your most confident reads on either side of the spectrum?
    What's the most important thing I've done in this game to help you establish your read on me?

  43. ISO #1693
    Soul Reader Sheppard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,108
    Community
    LA Gaming Circle
    AKA
    Keasby
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#1455)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheppard (#1434)
    Quote Originally Posted by staypositivefriend (#1428)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#1421)
    at the moment this is essentially where i’m at with everyone too. a point of disagreement i have is with radishes. when he is town i feel i can find him early even if he doesn’t post a lot, but so far i haven’t felt it. but the point you raise that he would maybe be more accommodating as scum and less abrasive is a good one. i don’t know. i’m just waiting for some solving from him that makes me feel something, because atm all i really have is conjecture about how he would or wouldn’t play from this position as scum and i don’t really feel confident putting much stock in that over actual content

    i also want to talk about dya. i had them as null but they’re sort of trending down lately in the sense that i don’t really get what they’re doing or if they’re actually solving. i’m just finding it hard to see their thought process behind the things they say or how they’re getting their reads. and i kind of expect that if they were town i would be able to see their thought process better and would agree with more of their takes, because i have tended to agree with them a lot when they’re town in the past and i haven’t this game outside of their top tr’s. but i’m reluctant to press them because they’re recovering from surgery and i think that’s probably affecting their ability to get into the game regardless of their alignment. i just don’t want to make their life harder right now...

    i also have been having a hard time getting what sheppard is doing. his way of viewing the game and a lot of the posts he makes strike me as odd, but i don’t think that’s scummy for him really. iirc i had a similar reaction when watching him in the previous rounds and all the people who played with him in sf2 seem fully convinced this is his town game, so i feel i should go with that

    i’m somewhere like here now:

    spf
    arete
    monkey

    sloonei
    mist
    jay
    dizzy
    shep

    dobby
    phighter
    dya

    radishes
    jack
    michelle

    that's an interesting point about radishes. have you ever seen him play so abrasively as either alignment? is this type of laid-back/casual attitude typical of his playstyle?


    i feel similarly about dya in that i dont want to make their life harder either, but it's really tough for me to cut them slack when so many of their posts feel scummy to me. i feel like i'm bordering on bullying dya with how hard im pressuring them and i dont like doing that - but i really just want to see more. i am extremely underwhelmed with their content/posts so far

    also, i am especially interested in hearing your thoughts on dizzy. i know you've had a lot of back and forth with him, but what would you say is the biggest thing keeping you from confidently tr'ing him right now?
    I know this wasn't addressed to me, but I will say this was pretty much the MR from semis to a T. To really tell what is up will come the closer we get to EOD/D2 and if MR makes the same pivot they did in the Semis (which would be hard to fake, especially with how well the gamesolve turned out to be). I don't trust MR but I think they will self-resolve as stated earlier.
    can you explain what you think is so similar about radishes compared to sf2? i remember town reading him pretty much right away from spec chat but i haven’t been able to do that yet here. he doesn’t strike me as similar beyond his general vibe which i would say is more of a personality tell than an alignment tell. but you were actually in the game, so maybe your perception is different. what do you think i’m missing?
    I want to clarify still: its not that I TR Radish, in fact I hated his posts after my comments here. I just think he will resolve without me getting mad at his flippant playstyle again. It's not worth the time of town to get mad at it since it won't change his behavior.

    That said, the closer we get to EOD without Radish gears turning the more sus I become of him

  44. ISO #1694
    Wants It More Hally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    6,282
    Community
    PerC/The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#1461)
    Good morning

    ##Vote Sloonei

    I'm absolutely not letting this crew misexile Michelle today because of a language barrier and a perceived lack of effort when there are multiple players in this game who have done less with more.

    I'm mostly thinking about Jack when I type that but I still feel Sloonei is very scummy. I stayed off of Sloonei at theirbrequest yesyerday and gave them a pump of the brakes to see if they'd produce stuff I rrally liked. They did not.

    Hally is also in my scum circle today. I think no one has tslked about them but their rrsds this game seem too off to be villagery.

    I would go back to killing JJJ or Jack too.

    Radishes is a punt kill but yeah, I could see that also happening.

    I gotta sort my thoughts but my headache feels very hangovery this morning.
    phighter, i think one of the reasons i have had a hard time understanding you is because you seem extremely tunneled on a w!sloonei world to the point where it seems like you’re basing all your other reads around that. i remember your reads list yesterday seemed to essentially be pre-flipping sloonei as scum and reading people based on that. and it’s really making hard for me to enter your headspace because i tr sloonei

    could you humor me for a moment? i just want to know what your view of the game would look like if you were able to peek sloonei right now and find out he was a villager. what does that town!sloonei world look like for you?

  45. ISO #1695
    1610 roro__b's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,766
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Hattrick
    AKA
    dobby
    Pronouns
    it/it/its/its/itself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#1681)
    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#1679)
    The way chemist stops answering my posts makes me want to read her as town because it's just as frustrating as I've perceived her before. I hate it though and want to snapvote her for it

    Meh. Shes probably town based on her attitude here but I hate it
    i literally did answer your last post

    dobby pls
    My b, townread retracted

    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#1667)
    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#1665)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#1655)
    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#1652)
    I did answer that last thing which is in 1609, if you saw it.

    Read me as whatever you want to, but have actual grounds for the reads. I want to know more about your thoughts and to find you towny/making sense for being you, because its falling a bit short rn
    i'm currently less invested in how you're reading me relative to how i should be reading you/your posts
    It's really hard getting anything out of you tbh. I'm interested in your thoughts so that's what I'm going to be asking you about. If you're wondering anything that might help you, I'm here for you.

    Like, until Carlos joatclaimed sf1 I was towncored by everyone. It was deliberate. After the claim, I had to attempt something. To me it's a pretty drastic change of approach I've got this game whis has got close to everyone not understanding how I'm playing the game, or scumleaning me, and pretty much nobody caring to include me in their seven. I honestly kinda want to say that I know how to play the game to look good, except I'm not doing it here, nowhere near it. I'm interested in figuring it out so I will do what I think will help me with that. When it comes to "how you should be reading me" I've had like a lot of ppl saying I'm talking too much about how I'm approaching this game, I'm sure you'll find stuff there if you look
    okay

    what are your three strongest reads on players who weren't in sf1? can be either town or scum
    Right now, if I include gut feel, I'd say heymonkey (oh wait she was in sf1)

    I'd say I feel good about dizzy after some parts of our exchange last night that I really struggle to see coming from anything but town.

    Phighter is still a solid townread for me, but the sloonjay world kind of decides where I go with this. If they're both town that is, and I struggle to see that right now, so phi strong town.

    Honestly I want to add hally too. I'm really interested to see how hally/dizzy reads on eachother evolve but both of these did really well for me last night.


    Honestly I'm also looking at like MR/shepp/spf tbh. The first two have both had unique approaches to the game. Shapps digging and stuff is really good, and I like that its consistent with the sf2 play. MR would just be.. too much to have faked for it to be scum.

    Looks like I feel really good about a lot of players, since i feel good about dya, and heymonkey, and fairly good about you right now.

    If I were scum I'd have boxed myself in by now, the way I'm playing

  46. ISO #1696
    Furry Collective Keeper of the Swans Michelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    11,189
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    AnimeBase
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackofhearts2005 (#1684)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle (#1680)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackofhearts2005 (#1656)
    Michelle - Wolf Michelle struggles to generate content more than town Michelle. She’s been absent. I don’t see the shiny, solvey, observant town Michelle I want to see.
    Busy Michelle is struggling to put the hand on the phone or computer, did you even been annoyingly busy and lost work focus thinking at the game? I also want to see a more solving Jack, like you were last summer in that mountainous game. Where is that Jack?

    I will not answer at any question towards me until i will finish Jack's Iso, i know i have a few, please be patient everyone
    Michelle you know me better than that and it’s weird for you to say I’m not solvey when I have a bunch of isos and only have 4 players at null or south of it D1 in a game with 3 wolves. When you haven’t been around.

    And now you’re isoing a player who literally has a single post to reply to you with. It feels like a foregone conclusion what you’re doing.
    i think i need to Iso first the players i know best. Instead reading all the thread and maybe not reading more than half because i am reading slow i prefer to make few Isos.
    Tbh I want to know how did you form those reads and i will come back to you. Maybe i will not make an Iso with many posts refferences and maybe i will just ask stuff, but i don't see why would you be worried about the fact i want to read your posts.

    Foregone conclusion.. can you reformulate?

  47. ISO #1697
    Soul Reader Sheppard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,108
    Community
    LA Gaming Circle
    AKA
    Keasby
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackofhearts2005 (#1500)
    ##Vote Michelle

    Most viable chop under null on my readlist. Continued support of my townread on Sloonei. Will trigger Phighter for a laugh.

    Over under is 3 people saying they hate this vote.
    This feels like just an early self-pres vote.

  48. ISO #1698
    1610 roro__b's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,766
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Hattrick
    AKA
    dobby
    Pronouns
    it/it/its/its/itself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedJimmyJay (#1686)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#1451)
    this is kind of a weird question but during sf2 you correctly scum read dobby right from the start in spec chat. i remember because i really thought he was town. do you remember why you sr him that game at all? and what is he doing differently this game that makes you feel better about him?

    again, this is kind of a dumb question because i know spec chat is not actually mafia (suk eggs) but i’m still curious if you can remember at all
    @Hally

    To be honest my correct N1 guess on Dobby in that game was luck. I found a few of his game-entry posts suspicious and said what the hell. It wasn't until Day 2 that I truly locked in on that read because I thought he responded to the near-confirmed JOAT Carlos in extremely suspicious ways. It's difficult to draw a clear parallel to this game.
    Tbh I was in everyone's n1's that game.


    @Syndicategang and wherever else Jack plays. Does he usually top post as scum? I think we played one game together where we were 3p iirc? And he wasnt very active there. Machines in bastard mash. But I might be misremembering

  49. ISO #1699
    1610 roro__b's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,766
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Hattrick
    AKA
    dobby
    Pronouns
    it/it/its/its/itself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by dyachei (#1687)
    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#1685)
    I'm going to attempt doing irl stuff but I'll also read Jack when I can because I havent done much digging into that slot since our early engagements. I felt decently about him but since hes a top wagon I should tbh. My vote right now is on Michelle in spirit but I dont want to apply more pressure there than necessary so I'll wait with that for now. Might address sloonei in more detail as well at some point today if I get the time but it's not prioritized the way today has evolved. With regards to my seven, I dont think much of where in at will change based on this, these people will probably all remain Poe for me
    remnd me what your read on sloonei is if you do address it
    Will try to remember. I like sloonei approach today, I prolly overreacted d1 but I'm not comfortable putting him in my seven by any means. This is pre-reread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arete (#1688)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#1492)
    The Real Seven (bookmarking this for postgame creds):
    Phighter
    hey_monkey
    Chemist1422
    Arete
    roro_b
    dyachei
    Sheppard

    if I can't include myself:

    hey_monkey
    Chemist1422
    Arete
    roro_b
    dyachei
    Sheppard
    Dyslexicon

    ^^ 0 wolves above this line
    Why is Roro town

    Why is Dya town
    Because the role PM says so tbh
    Do you feel like if you peel down playstyle, that my solving or approach to the game has been less towny or genuine than anyone else's- say yours for example?

  50. ISO #1700
    Soul Reader Sloonei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    1,597
    Community
    TheSyndicate/RYM
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#1698)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedJimmyJay (#1686)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#1451)
    this is kind of a weird question but during sf2 you correctly scum read dobby right from the start in spec chat. i remember because i really thought he was town. do you remember why you sr him that game at all? and what is he doing differently this game that makes you feel better about him?

    again, this is kind of a dumb question because i know spec chat is not actually mafia (suk eggs) but i’m still curious if you can remember at all
    @Hally

    To be honest my correct N1 guess on Dobby in that game was luck. I found a few of his game-entry posts suspicious and said what the hell. It wasn't until Day 2 that I truly locked in on that read because I thought he responded to the near-confirmed JOAT Carlos in extremely suspicious ways. It's difficult to draw a clear parallel to this game.
    Tbh I was in everyone's n1's that game.


    @Syndicategang and wherever else Jack plays. Does he usually top post as scum? I think we played one game together where we were 3p iirc? And he wasnt very active there. Machines in bastard mash. But I might be misremembering
    I don't think Jack has such a reliably consistent meta that we can say something like that is going to be indicative of any alignment.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  •  

Keyboard Shortcuts

about us
Mafia Universe is a community hub for people who enjoy playing the forum variant of Mafia (also known as Werewolf). We offer fully automated Mafia games and a wide variety of customized features crafted to optimize your game experience. We also proudly host the Internet's only database of Mafia/Werewolf communities.

We hope you stick around!
Role of the Day
Leader

The Leader will cause all votes to be anonymous during the next day if they are ever killed or lynched.