Page 36 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,800 of 7750

Thread: Season 7, Finale: End of the Line [The Mafia Championship] Day 5
Day 5 

  1. ISO #1751
    1610 roro__b's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,766
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Hattrick
    AKA
    dobby
    Pronouns
    it/it/its/its/itself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheppard (#1737)
    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#1730)
    Why exactly is arete being towncored by so many? Is it on the merit of their strong start, or is it something else that stands out? I dont see it. I didnt see it even before they isod me and voted me. I thi k its another one of those core positions being dealt too easily.

    So like, arete, dizzy, ?sheppard? jack and.. phi? Can consider voting me today? Go ahead please. Actually doing it vs planting hedgy seeds would actually give us a lot more rn
    Arete is in my towncore bc I read 10k words of their games and it seems like they are playing pretty identical to their towngames and not much like their wolf games (not that the wolf games were paticulary informing), so for that they are on the back burner until I see a reason to start thinking more about them (which may be how uniform the townread on them is....)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sloonei (#1732)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheppard (#1725)
    I'm not sure. I'm ISOing you as soon as I get back to my desk. Did you send me games? I don't have access to my notes on my phone.

    It seems like everyone else is also confused about this.

    I think my takeaway right now is that we can't afford to send you to LYLO but idk what else to do.
    I have not sent you games, for no reason other than that I've been too lazy to collect links, and I suppose I was waiting for a direct prompt.

    Town Games
    Semifinal 3
    Game 9 - Replaced in late Day 1, got killed Night 1, so probably not a great representation. I'll give two recent games from my homesite to compensate.
    The Polka Heist
    Pyre Mafia

    Mafia Games
    The Wire - Replaced in late Day 1 (replacing JaggedJimmyJay, coincidentally)
    Ancient Greece
    Season 6, Game 3

    Sorry to have to go back so far for the mafia games. There's not a lot for me to choose from. Links on The Syndicate go directly to my ISO so you don't have to try to figure out how to navigate the page while you're there. MU links are just to game threads.

    Have played with the following players on a number of occasions (ranked by familiarity):
    JaggedJimmyJay, Jackofhearts, Dyslexicon, Master Radishes, Michelle

    Have played with 1-2 times:
    Hally (t/t), SPF (t/t), Phighter (t/t), Arete (t/t)

    This is my first time playing with everyone else.
    Thank you for sharing these, I will get to them in due time as well and hopefully that will help. I'm going to skim the wolf games for now.

    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#1724)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheppard (#1702)
    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#1578)
    I've skimmed through from where I left off last night. A few comments because something is seriously off here.

    @Phighter and @Sheppard. Please, don't give any weight to my $%#! yesterday. It's not deliberate ate. It's a consequence of spending like every hour since this game started in thread, except for when I've been asleep. Phi, you say you're a theater minor. You know that week where you do the same show over and over again, and live in a bubble with the same people that you love but are starting to get on your nerves and VC, which makes you lose a grip of what's realistic and ordinary in the outside world? That's where I was at last night.

    Another note which I feel is highly OT but should address because theres a life outside this game - I was never the perfect mod. I'm not the best person, I was $%#!posting and memeing and had close to my feelings in everything I did. I'm notn"better" nor even equally good as anyone else at keeping my emotions in check. I also dont think that's necessarily a good attribute for a mod. Idk why moderstorreads is even a thing tbh. It's how I am.

    And tbh, I'd be way more controlled and calculated in thread if i were wolf.iId probably be emotional as often, but I'd know how to limit it off in a better way. I still had moments like this in sf1, but just dont use this to read me because it's not accurate whatever you conclude.


    I also read through the isos of me. Cool takes, especially @Arete s conclusion. The way they're reading my posts is SEVERELY wrong. And the things they point out frankly makes me wonder if they linked the correct posts to comment on, or something. Maybe I'm just that bad at expressing myself.

    And this part right here




    Is such a misrep idk where to go with it. I've got my "seven". I've got my Poe. That's just, the order I'd want to approach it based on my thoughts of people. That's how I play the game, I make.a.poe and conclude $%#! after flips. The whole approach in that iso feels very off.

    You also addressed me with this

    P#375 'I'm going to throw out questions at everyone and I'm going to try to make people feel uncomfortable when we've got more to go on, because that's part of what made us struggle in that game.' - @roro__b how has that approach been reflected in your play? (like, obviously you've been asking people questions, but I feel like there's ?some sort of gap? between what you were describing and the actual substance of your questions)

    I'm not sure I understand you here tbh. Do you really? Because literally all of last night was discussions about this exact thing for me?


    And yeah, speaking of hedging. I've expressed frustration on how nobody is willing to take a stance on me despite most ppl not having been digging into my slot. At least this one qualifies as that. Good job I guess
    This desperation/emotion 12 hours later has such a similar tone to earlier. If someone walks away and comes back you would expect their tone to change more than this no?
    I write the way I write tbh. What's happening in my head right now is something completely different from what was going on last night. I dont feel any desperation in any direction, because like, I think my solve is solid rn and I feel like either way we're on our way to solving this. Part of me wants to flip as well because then we have a confirmed townies approach to the game to go after (because ppl are very good at looking at dead villagers lel) and also because I'm going to be up for discussion as a good alternative until I actually do get yeeted, which is bad for town.

    And like, probably/hopefully the last time I address emotion. And this is directed at @Dyslexicon too, related tot his

    And to me it's a bit like "Why?" Where does that get us? Why is it so hightened in feeling?

    I'm an emotional person. Everything I do is heightened in feeling. Literally everything. If you're working in psych or whatever it is you're doing, you should realise that all of us are different. Like, it's really easy to find out that it's a trait I have regardless of alignment. Look at literally ANY of my games. I linked 6 of them, I can link you more if you want. I'm emotional when it comes to music, I was crying when sf1 ended, I am emotional and get upset about stuff in mod discussion on a daily basis, I dont go into debate for the same reason. I'm bad at hiding my emotions, its who I am. I dont get why you fail to see this and base a read off it. It makes me emotional


    This is okay for now, I don't know if I buy it but like I said I'm hoping you and MR will self resolve or give me enough to have a really solid progression either at EOD or D2.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheppard (#1725)

    I need to reread my top 3 SPF, HM, Arete. I dont like how locktown they are by either myself or most people. I'm paranoid someone is slipping by.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#1727)
    i don’t want to be rude, but it’s slightly irritating to me that you would ask me this. i think i’ve been clear that i have spf, monkey and arete as my most confident town. i feel like you’re not reading my posts if you don’t know that
    This $%#! right here is exactly why I'm so paranoid about my townreads already.

    Also:

    ##Vote Dyslexicon


    I just like. I'm fine with the scumreads, but this one was based in the iso, we havent talked at all this game, and when I approach them today it's like, their mind is set from post 1 and wouldnt really matter what i said and it's a bonked mindset for town to have. Theres not even enough there for a tunnel, and the scumread isnt even like.. its lacking so much substance for them to be that set and unwilling to value its legitimacy idk. I might be overreacting here too but its making me uncomfortable because either I die, claim smth, or this type of thing will remain

  2. ISO #1752
    Soul Reader Sheppard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,194
    Community
    LA Gaming Circle
    AKA
    Keasby
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#1751)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheppard (#1737)
    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#1730)
    Why exactly is arete being towncored by so many? Is it on the merit of their strong start, or is it something else that stands out? I dont see it. I didnt see it even before they isod me and voted me. I thi k its another one of those core positions being dealt too easily.

    So like, arete, dizzy, ?sheppard? jack and.. phi? Can consider voting me today? Go ahead please. Actually doing it vs planting hedgy seeds would actually give us a lot more rn
    Arete is in my towncore bc I read 10k words of their games and it seems like they are playing pretty identical to their towngames and not much like their wolf games (not that the wolf games were paticulary informing), so for that they are on the back burner until I see a reason to start thinking more about them (which may be how uniform the townread on them is....)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sloonei (#1732)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheppard (#1725)
    I'm not sure. I'm ISOing you as soon as I get back to my desk. Did you send me games? I don't have access to my notes on my phone.

    It seems like everyone else is also confused about this.

    I think my takeaway right now is that we can't afford to send you to LYLO but idk what else to do.
    I have not sent you games, for no reason other than that I've been too lazy to collect links, and I suppose I was waiting for a direct prompt.

    Town Games
    Semifinal 3
    Game 9 - Replaced in late Day 1, got killed Night 1, so probably not a great representation. I'll give two recent games from my homesite to compensate.
    The Polka Heist
    Pyre Mafia

    Mafia Games
    The Wire - Replaced in late Day 1 (replacing JaggedJimmyJay, coincidentally)
    Ancient Greece
    Season 6, Game 3

    Sorry to have to go back so far for the mafia games. There's not a lot for me to choose from. Links on The Syndicate go directly to my ISO so you don't have to try to figure out how to navigate the page while you're there. MU links are just to game threads.

    Have played with the following players on a number of occasions (ranked by familiarity):
    JaggedJimmyJay, Jackofhearts, Dyslexicon, Master Radishes, Michelle

    Have played with 1-2 times:
    Hally (t/t), SPF (t/t), Phighter (t/t), Arete (t/t)

    This is my first time playing with everyone else.
    Thank you for sharing these, I will get to them in due time as well and hopefully that will help. I'm going to skim the wolf games for now.

    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#1724)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheppard (#1702)
    This desperation/emotion 12 hours later has such a similar tone to earlier. If someone walks away and comes back you would expect their tone to change more than this no?
    I write the way I write tbh. What's happening in my head right now is something completely different from what was going on last night. I dont feel any desperation in any direction, because like, I think my solve is solid rn and I feel like either way we're on our way to solving this. Part of me wants to flip as well because then we have a confirmed townies approach to the game to go after (because ppl are very good at looking at dead villagers lel) and also because I'm going to be up for discussion as a good alternative until I actually do get yeeted, which is bad for town.

    And like, probably/hopefully the last time I address emotion. And this is directed at @Dyslexicon too, related tot his

    And to me it's a bit like "Why?" Where does that get us? Why is it so hightened in feeling?

    I'm an emotional person. Everything I do is heightened in feeling. Literally everything. If you're working in psych or whatever it is you're doing, you should realise that all of us are different. Like, it's really easy to find out that it's a trait I have regardless of alignment. Look at literally ANY of my games. I linked 6 of them, I can link you more if you want. I'm emotional when it comes to music, I was crying when sf1 ended, I am emotional and get upset about stuff in mod discussion on a daily basis, I dont go into debate for the same reason. I'm bad at hiding my emotions, its who I am. I dont get why you fail to see this and base a read off it. It makes me emotional


    This is okay for now, I don't know if I buy it but like I said I'm hoping you and MR will self resolve or give me enough to have a really solid progression either at EOD or D2.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheppard (#1725)

    I need to reread my top 3 SPF, HM, Arete. I dont like how locktown they are by either myself or most people. I'm paranoid someone is slipping by.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#1727)
    i don’t want to be rude, but it’s slightly irritating to me that you would ask me this. i think i’ve been clear that i have spf, monkey and arete as my most confident town. i feel like you’re not reading my posts if you don’t know that
    This $%#! right here is exactly why I'm so paranoid about my townreads already.

    Also:

    ##Vote Dyslexicon


    I just like. I'm fine with the scumreads, but this one was based in the iso, we havent talked at all this game, and when I approach them today it's like, their mind is set from post 1 and wouldnt really matter what i said and it's a bonked mindset for town to have. Theres not even enough there for a tunnel, and the scumread isnt even like.. its lacking so much substance for them to be that set and unwilling to value its legitimacy idk. I might be overreacting here too but its making me uncomfortable because either I die, claim smth, or this type of thing will remain
    Sorry this isn't really clear. Who is basing a scumread from an ISO and who are you approching? I'm not sure how this responds to my post

  3. ISO #1753
    Wants It More Hally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    6,283
    Community
    PerC/The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#1615)
    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#1612)
    Weeehhh
    I RELOADED IT LIKE 5 TIMES AND NO ONE POSTED SO I WENT "ok ill set him up by posting 1609" BUT I DID IT A HALF A SECOND LATE
    Top Ten Anime Betrayals

  4. ISO #1754
    Furry Collective Keeper of the Swans Michelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    11,228
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    AnimeBase
    Gender
    @Jackofhearts2005 i am very curious about some things

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackofhearts2005 (#239)
    Not the character I associated you with but okay.
    what character you think suits me better? How is it AI?

    P#321
    'yeah but I was hoping for town after the SF2 and SF3 butt kickings.'



    P#731
    'Not that worried about reading Michelle (the player I know best that I don’t have a read on) cause I’m on a really hot streak on reading her correctly before I die. She’ll get there if she’s town and I’ll barely have to do a thing.'

    Was your patience so short? smh

    P#1245
    I don't understand this 'You explained over and over about your handling of me (and I of all people already know we aren’t teamed) ' maybe is just me being nitpicky, but i want you to say it again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackofhearts2005 (#1321)
    Sometimes Michelle asks me questions that I think are unimportant and I ignore them (not that I don’t love her, I just don’t always want to explain references or round about reads). I started townreading her in SF3 when she made it a point to ask me again and voted for me, which I’d seen her do as town. Alone, it wasn’t the thing. It was just the start of me reevaluating and her posts going forward from that point mostly looked good to me.

    I ignored a question from her earlier that wasn’t super important. She never pursued it.

    I know that’s kinda dumb but I do find it suspicious.
    You think I ignored you ignoring me and this is AI for me?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackofhearts2005 (#1331)
    I isoed Michelle and I feel nothing from her iso. Like absolutely nothing except a bit of sympathy for her being tired at work.

    Apparently, I made up the bit about her asking me an unimportant question this game cause I don’t see it in her iso. Maybe I’m confusing it with someone asking an unimportant question about my comment on how I don’t view her as Naruto-like? Doesn’t really matter but I guess disregard that last post I made about her.
    do you pity me for being busy, sir?

  5. ISO #1755
    Soul Reader Sloonei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    1,722
    Community
    TheSyndicate/RYM
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by dyachei (#1747)
    @Sloonei have you seen jjj wolf recently? did you catch him? how accurate are you on reading him?
    We were recently wolves on opposite teams in a multiball game on our homesite. We both caught each other early on, but acted like we town-read each other for several days.

    Also I had forgotten about this game when compiling my list for Shep. So @Sheppard Here is another link to a more recent scum game for me. Note that this game featured two mafia teams, however, so my play was adapted to that format.

  6. ISO #1756
    Responsible for #8 Chemist1422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    23,888
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Mist
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#1753)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#1615)
    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#1612)
    Weeehhh
    I RELOADED IT LIKE 5 TIMES AND NO ONE POSTED SO I WENT "ok ill set him up by posting 1609" BUT I DID IT A HALF A SECOND LATE
    Top Ten Anime Betrayals
    WEH

  7. ISO #1757
    1610 roro__b's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,766
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Hattrick
    AKA
    dobby
    Pronouns
    it/it/its/its/itself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Arete (#1745)
    @roro__b

    when you talk about me pushing you I feel like you're ... upset? angry? ... that I'm voting you

    do you think that's accurate and if so can you talk about why that is?
    I just talked about it. You set your mind based on a read through and you're not attempting to consider a world where we approach the game differently and trying to see if what I'm presenting could be genuine. If I wanted to look towny I'd play like you. I'm not putting up an act, I'm trying to reach conclusions. I'm comfortable with most of the sevens thst have been presented, but I've got a few question marks and doubts I'm trying to figure out. Me dying doesnt matter other than I'd prefer it to happen sooner rather than later because right now my existence is apparently bad for town with most people hedging or scumreading based on emotion reads or just being scared of making up their mind on me. And theres this. I'm more concerned that you're being cored while doing this thing in particular.

    Also dont apologize for sarcasm and stuff, it fine

  8. ISO #1758
    Soul Reader Arete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,997
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Forum of Lies
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#1736)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arete (#1731)
    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#1699)
    Originally Posted by Arete

    on September 16, 2020, 11:53:00 AM
    (#1688)









    Originally Posted by Phighter

    on September 16, 2020, 08:48:46 AM
    (#1492)


    The Real Seven (bookmarking this for postgame creds):
    Phighter
    hey_monkey
    Chemist1422
    Arete
    roro_b
    dyachei
    Sheppard

    if I can't include myself:

    hey_monkey
    Chemist1422
    Arete
    roro_b
    dyachei
    Sheppard
    Dyslexicon

    ^^ 0 wolves above this line



    Why is Roro town

    Why is Dya town



    Because the role PM says so tbh
    Do you feel like if you peel down playstyle, that my solving or approach to the game has been less towny or genuine than anyone else's- say yours for example?
    I mean I was asking Phighter not you, 'my role PM says so' is not really a super helpful answer

    I'm not really sure why you're asking me to compare your solving to my own when ... I know that I am town ... but yes, I think your solving has been less townie/genuine than a lot of people's (including mine), there were a few points in your Iso that felt villagery but nothing where I was like 'this is definitely genuine solving, for sure' (and the villagery parts of your Iso mostly weren't the solving parts )
    I didnt expect it to change your mind. I dont really think you want to either. You're basing your read solely on iso (I dont think weve interacted at all this game?) and you seem set. I dont believe that you've tried to approach my posts from a viewpoint where it's actually town having posted it. It's easy to identify the likes of spf and hey monkey because they're doing just the right amount of digging with a mixture of bit of everything. They're nice, theyre consensus townreads etc etc. And their playstyle and tone is similar to yours. I really think this read comes down to you not being able to weigh in the fact that I'm approaching this differently or just dont feel the motivation/need to try it.
    I mean I went into my initial Iso of you with vague townie vibes and came out with a distinct lack of said vibes, clearly I am capable of changing my mind 🙃

    you're probably not entirely wrong that it's easier for me to find people as town when their playstyles are more aligned with mine

  9. ISO #1759
    Everyone's mom...except Roro__b's dyachei's Avatar Head Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    38,845
    Community
    SDN, MU
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloonei (#1755)
    Quote Originally Posted by dyachei (#1747)
    @Sloonei have you seen jjj wolf recently? did you catch him? how accurate are you on reading him?
    We were recently wolves on opposite teams in a multiball game on our homesite. We both caught each other early on, but acted like we town-read each other for several days.

    Also I had forgotten about this game when compiling my list for Shep. So @Sheppard Here is another link to a more recent scum game for me. Note that this game featured two mafia teams, however, so my play was adapted to that format.
    i can't recall if you've responded to me about my jjj concerns (sorry if you have just on strong meds) but what are your thoughts on it

  10. ISO #1760
    1610 roro__b's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,766
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Hattrick
    AKA
    dobby
    Pronouns
    it/it/its/its/itself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheppard (#1752)
    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#1751)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheppard (#1737)
    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#1730)
    Why exactly is arete being towncored by so many? Is it on the merit of their strong start, or is it something else that stands out? I dont see it. I didnt see it even before they isod me and voted me. I thi k its another one of those core positions being dealt too easily.

    So like, arete, dizzy, ?sheppard? jack and.. phi? Can consider voting me today? Go ahead please. Actually doing it vs planting hedgy seeds would actually give us a lot more rn
    Arete is in my towncore bc I read 10k words of their games and it seems like they are playing pretty identical to their towngames and not much like their wolf games (not that the wolf games were paticulary informing), so for that they are on the back burner until I see a reason to start thinking more about them (which may be how uniform the townread on them is....)

    Thank you for sharing these, I will get to them in due time as well and hopefully that will help. I'm going to skim the wolf games for now.

    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#1724)
    I write the way I write tbh. What's happening in my head right now is something completely different from what was going on last night. I dont feel any desperation in any direction, because like, I think my solve is solid rn and I feel like either way we're on our way to solving this. Part of me wants to flip as well because then we have a confirmed townies approach to the game to go after (because ppl are very good at looking at dead villagers lel) and also because I'm going to be up for discussion as a good alternative until I actually do get yeeted, which is bad for town.

    And like, probably/hopefully the last time I address emotion. And this is directed at @Dyslexicon too, related tot his

    And to me it's a bit like "Why?" Where does that get us? Why is it so hightened in feeling?


    I'm an emotional person. Everything I do is heightened in feeling. Literally everything. If you're working in psych or whatever it is you're doing, you should realise that all of us are different. Like, it's really easy to find out that it's a trait I have regardless of alignment. Look at literally ANY of my games. I linked 6 of them, I can link you more if you want. I'm emotional when it comes to music, I was crying when sf1 ended, I am emotional and get upset about stuff in mod discussion on a daily basis, I dont go into debate for the same reason. I'm bad at hiding my emotions, its who I am. I dont get why you fail to see this and base a read off it. It makes me emotional


    This is okay for now, I don't know if I buy it but like I said I'm hoping you and MR will self resolve or give me enough to have a really solid progression either at EOD or D2.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheppard (#1725)

    I need to reread my top 3 SPF, HM, Arete. I dont like how locktown they are by either myself or most people. I'm paranoid someone is slipping by.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#1727)
    i don’t want to be rude, but it’s slightly irritating to me that you would ask me this. i think i’ve been clear that i have spf, monkey and arete as my most confident town. i feel like you’re not reading my posts if you don’t know that
    This $%#! right here is exactly why I'm so paranoid about my townreads already.

    Also:

    ##Vote Dyslexicon


    I just like. I'm fine with the scumreads, but this one was based in the iso, we havent talked at all this game, and when I approach them today it's like, their mind is set from post 1 and wouldnt really matter what i said and it's a bonked mindset for town to have. Theres not even enough there for a tunnel, and the scumread isnt even like.. its lacking so much substance for them to be that set and unwilling to value its legitimacy idk. I might be overreacting here too but its making me uncomfortable because either I die, claim smth, or this type of thing will remain
    Sorry this isn't really clear. Who is basing a scumread from an ISO and who are you approching? I'm not sure how this responds to my post
    I'm on phone, didnt format it, but you were answering me about arete, so this post is about arete from me.

  11. ISO #1761
    Soul Reader Sloonei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    1,722
    Community
    TheSyndicate/RYM
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by dyachei (#1759)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloonei (#1755)
    Quote Originally Posted by dyachei (#1747)
    @Sloonei have you seen jjj wolf recently? did you catch him? how accurate are you on reading him?
    We were recently wolves on opposite teams in a multiball game on our homesite. We both caught each other early on, but acted like we town-read each other for several days.

    Also I had forgotten about this game when compiling my list for Shep. So @Sheppard Here is another link to a more recent scum game for me. Note that this game featured two mafia teams, however, so my play was adapted to that format.
    i can't recall if you've responded to me about my jjj concerns (sorry if you have just on strong meds) but what are your thoughts on it
    I did a quick scan of your ISO to try to identify precisely what your concerns are, but I did not find anything clear and succinct (not to say you haven't talked about him, but your comments are in the form of several brief and scattered posts, and like to have things consolidated in one easy-to-digest post). Could you briefly summarize what your concerns are? An example or two would be stellar, but not a necessity.

  12. ISO #1762
    Soul Reader Sheppard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,194
    Community
    LA Gaming Circle
    AKA
    Keasby
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#1760)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheppard (#1752)
    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#1751)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheppard (#1737)
    Arete is in my towncore bc I read 10k words of their games and it seems like they are playing pretty identical to their towngames and not much like their wolf games (not that the wolf games were paticulary informing), so for that they are on the back burner until I see a reason to start thinking more about them (which may be how uniform the townread on them is....)



    Thank you for sharing these, I will get to them in due time as well and hopefully that will help. I'm going to skim the wolf games for now.

    I write the way I write tbh. What's happening in my head right now is something completely different from what was going on last night. I dont feel any desperation in any direction, because like, I think my solve is solid rn and I feel like either way we're on our way to solving this. Part of me wants to flip as well because then we have a confirmed townies approach to the game to go after (because ppl are very good at looking at dead villagers lel) and also because I'm going to be up for discussion as a good alternative until I actually do get yeeted, which is bad for town.

    And like, probably/hopefully the last time I address emotion. And this is directed at @Dyslexicon too, related tot his

    And to me it's a bit like "Why?" Where does that get us? Why is it so hightened in feeling?


    I'm an emotional person. Everything I do is heightened in feeling. Literally everything. If you're working in psych or whatever it is you're doing, you should realise that all of us are different. Like, it's really easy to find out that it's a trait I have regardless of alignment. Look at literally ANY of my games. I linked 6 of them, I can link you more if you want. I'm emotional when it comes to music, I was crying when sf1 ended, I am emotional and get upset about stuff in mod discussion on a daily basis, I dont go into debate for the same reason. I'm bad at hiding my emotions, its who I am. I dont get why you fail to see this and base a read off it. It makes me emotional


    This is okay for now, I don't know if I buy it but like I said I'm hoping you and MR will self resolve or give me enough to have a really solid progression either at EOD or D2.



    I need to reread my top 3 SPF, HM, Arete. I dont like how locktown they are by either myself or most people. I'm paranoid someone is slipping by.


    i don’t want to be rude, but it’s slightly irritating to me that you would ask me this. i think i’ve been clear that i have spf, monkey and arete as my most confident town. i feel like you’re not reading my posts if you don’t know that

    This $%#! right here is exactly why I'm so paranoid about my townreads already.

    Also:

    ##Vote Dyslexicon


    I just like. I'm fine with the scumreads, but this one was based in the iso, we havent talked at all this game, and when I approach them today it's like, their mind is set from post 1 and wouldnt really matter what i said and it's a bonked mindset for town to have. Theres not even enough there for a tunnel, and the scumread isnt even like.. its lacking so much substance for them to be that set and unwilling to value its legitimacy idk. I might be overreacting here too but its making me uncomfortable because either I die, claim smth, or this type of thing will remain
    Sorry this isn't really clear. Who is basing a scumread from an ISO and who are you approching? I'm not sure how this responds to my post
    I'm on phone, didnt format it, but you were answering me about arete, so this post is about arete from me.
    This is really disengenious. I townread someone after an ISO + reading FIVE of their other games + that person has played extremely town this game. I'm willing to reconsider, and I keep making that clear as I never "lock" anyone town and I don't think anyone should (which is why I'm happy with Phi pushing onto SPF a bit even if I think SPF is town and Phi is approaching scumlean)

  13. ISO #1763
    Wants It More Hally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    6,283
    Community
    PerC/The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedJimmyJay (#1624)
    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#1617)
    I mightve even forgotten about it being a thing until I read Jay's post


    I'll be disappointed in specchat if nobody bet on mafia host getting 1610

    Suck eggs
    I feel like that meme has a tangible impact upon your motivation and investment so I wanted you to get it. Oh well you seem fine.
    potentially dumb take:

    i don’t feel like jay would think to fake this post as scum. he sees dobby is down on himself and thinks that dobby getting 1610 will make dobby happy and boost his morale. in my experience, this is the sort of thing town!jay cares about. he thinks dobby is town and wants villages to feel good (something something play with love). there is an argument to be made that he is pocketing dobby here, but i don’t think scum!jay would think that letting dobby get 1610 for the memes is the way to do that, so i’m inclined to just say this is genuine

    i’d like to know what people think of this, particularly people who are suspicious of jay. is this something you think he’d write as scum?

  14. ISO #1764
    1610 roro__b's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,766
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Hattrick
    AKA
    dobby
    Pronouns
    it/it/its/its/itself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Arete (#1758)
    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#1736)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arete (#1731)
    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#1699)
    Originally Posted by Arete

    on September 16, 2020, 11:53:00 AM
    (#1688)









    Originally Posted by Phighter

    on September 16, 2020, 08:48:46 AM
    (#1492)


    The Real Seven (bookmarking this for postgame creds):
    Phighter
    hey_monkey
    Chemist1422
    Arete
    roro_b
    dyachei
    Sheppard

    if I can't include myself:

    hey_monkey
    Chemist1422
    Arete
    roro_b
    dyachei
    Sheppard
    Dyslexicon

    ^^ 0 wolves above this line



    Why is Roro town

    Why is Dya town



    Because the role PM says so tbh
    Do you feel like if you peel down playstyle, that my solving or approach to the game has been less towny or genuine than anyone else's- say yours for example?
    I mean I was asking Phighter not you, 'my role PM says so' is not really a super helpful answer

    I'm not really sure why you're asking me to compare your solving to my own when ... I know that I am town ... but yes, I think your solving has been less townie/genuine than a lot of people's (including mine), there were a few points in your Iso that felt villagery but nothing where I was like 'this is definitely genuine solving, for sure' (and the villagery parts of your Iso mostly weren't the solving parts )
    I didnt expect it to change your mind. I dont really think you want to either. You're basing your read solely on iso (I dont think weve interacted at all this game?) and you seem set. I dont believe that you've tried to approach my posts from a viewpoint where it's actually town having posted it. It's easy to identify the likes of spf and hey monkey because they're doing just the right amount of digging with a mixture of bit of everything. They're nice, theyre consensus townreads etc etc. And their playstyle and tone is similar to yours. I really think this read comes down to you not being able to weigh in the fact that I'm approaching this differently or just dont feel the motivation/need to try it.
    I mean I went into my initial Iso of you with vague townie vibes and came out with a distinct lack of said vibes, clearly I am capable of changing my mind 🙃

    you're probably not entirely wrong that it's easier for me to find people as town when their playstyles are more aligned with mine
    Solid self reflection skills right there

    I was close to imitating you and quoting a post and drawing a completely unrelated conclusion, because that is what your reasoning sounds like to me. You really seem to feel like ou think that you're on to something here with the saucy attitude which really makes me torn, but as a whole your play here really makes me feel bad about you.

  15. ISO #1765
    1610 roro__b's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,766
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Hattrick
    AKA
    dobby
    Pronouns
    it/it/its/its/itself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheppard (#1762)
    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#1760)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheppard (#1752)
    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#1751)




    I just like. I'm fine with the scumreads, but this one was based in the iso, we havent talked at all this game, and when I approach them today it's like, their mind is set from post 1 and wouldnt really matter what i said and it's a bonked mindset for town to have. Theres not even enough there for a tunnel, and the scumread isnt even like.. its lacking so much substance for them to be that set and unwilling to value its legitimacy idk. I might be overreacting here too but its making me uncomfortable because either I die, claim smth, or this type of thing will remain
    Sorry this isn't really clear. Who is basing a scumread from an ISO and who are you approching? I'm not sure how this responds to my post
    I'm on phone, didnt format it, but you were answering me about arete, so this post is about arete from me.
    This is really disengenious. I townread someone after an ISO + reading FIVE of their other games + that person has played extremely town this game. I'm willing to reconsider, and I keep making that clear as I never "lock" anyone town and I don't think anyone should (which is why I'm happy with Phi pushing onto SPF a bit even if I think SPF is town and Phi is approaching scumlean)
    Sorry, no. I am talking about arete and how they made up their mind on me, jotnsbout you. I was just answering the comment you addressed me with. I'm not writing about you.

  16. ISO #1766
    Soul Reader Sheppard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,194
    Community
    LA Gaming Circle
    AKA
    Keasby
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by dyachei (#1759)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloonei (#1755)
    Quote Originally Posted by dyachei (#1747)
    @Sloonei have you seen jjj wolf recently? did you catch him? how accurate are you on reading him?
    We were recently wolves on opposite teams in a multiball game on our homesite. We both caught each other early on, but acted like we town-read each other for several days.

    Also I had forgotten about this game when compiling my list for Shep. So @Sheppard Here is another link to a more recent scum game for me. Note that this game featured two mafia teams, however, so my play was adapted to that format.
    i can't recall if you've responded to me about my jjj concerns (sorry if you have just on strong meds) but what are your thoughts on it
    Hey Dya what's your current take on SPF?

  17. ISO #1767
    Galaxy Brain Phighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Could Have Been Anywhere in the World Tonight But Am Here for a Cabinet Meeting
    Posts
    54,117
    Community
    XHF, MU
    AKA
    Caffrey
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#1763)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedJimmyJay (#1624)
    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#1617)
    I mightve even forgotten about it being a thing until I read Jay's post


    I'll be disappointed in specchat if nobody bet on mafia host getting 1610

    Suck eggs
    I feel like that meme has a tangible impact upon your motivation and investment so I wanted you to get it. Oh well you seem fine.
    potentially dumb take:

    i don’t feel like jay would think to fake this post as scum. he sees dobby is down on himself and thinks that dobby getting 1610 will make dobby happy and boost his morale. in my experience, this is the sort of thing town!jay cares about. he thinks dobby is town and wants villages to feel good (something something play with love). there is an argument to be made that he is pocketing dobby here, but i don’t think scum!jay would think that letting dobby get 1610 for the memes is the way to do that, so i’m inclined to just say this is genuine

    i’d like to know what people think of this, particularly people who are suspicious of jay. is this something you think he’d write as scum?


    updates chart to put down "Hally/JJJ" as potential partners

  18. ISO #1768
    Responsible for #8 Chemist1422's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    23,888
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Mist
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    @Sheppard

    Arete - high experience level
    dyachei - have played with a good amount
    Dyslexicon - one game only
    Hally - 3 games iirc?
    hey_monkey - one game only
    Jackofhearts2005 - a good amount
    JaggedJimmyJay - haven't played
    Master Radishes - once i think?
    Michelle - high experience level
    Phighter - high experience level
    roro__b - at least a few
    Sheppard - haven't played
    Sloonei - haven't played
    staypositivefriend - haven't played

    this is all off the top of my head

  19. ISO #1769
    Soul Reader Arete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,997
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Forum of Lies
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#1746)
    Originally Posted by Phighter

    on September 16, 2020, 10:21:53 AM
    (#1601)


    My data sucks doo doo doo
    This was hard doo doo doo
    Why does anyone try doo doo doo
    To do this task doo doo doo





    Hi guys remember when I made a list and tried to crowdsource this and then only JJJ quoted it?

    Makes me think I've got something spicy and/or holy $%#! someone reward my work by at least looking at the damn thing for a minute
    mostly when I look at it I'm like 'that sure is a lot of yellow-orange' and don't really process it

    if I look closer ... I don't really have questions, per se, but I feel like a lot of this boils down to 'townreading each other -> compatible, scumreading each other -> not compatible' and I think that's kind of simplistic

  20. ISO #1770
    Wants It More Hally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    6,283
    Community
    PerC/The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackofhearts2005 (#1656)
    TORN (give X another day)
    Phighter - There are compelling reasons to scumread and townread him. I’m not super worried about potential scumPhighter being in a winning position after this D1.
    jack, can you talk about this read more? what are the compelling reasons to tr and sr phighter, in your opinion? and what do you mean when you say scum!phighter won’t be in a winning position after this day? what is that based on?

  21. ISO #1771
    Soul Reader Sheppard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,194
    Community
    LA Gaming Circle
    AKA
    Keasby
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#1770)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackofhearts2005 (#1656)
    TORN (give X another day)
    Phighter - There are compelling reasons to scumread and townread him. I’m not super worried about potential scumPhighter being in a winning position after this D1.
    jack, can you talk about this read more? what are the compelling reasons to tr and sr phighter, in your opinion? and what do you mean when you say scum!phighter won’t be in a winning position after this day? what is that based on?

    Why are you asking someone at Postcap to explain themselves?

  22. ISO #1772
    Soul Reader Master Radishes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,087
    Community
    Canucks.com
    Gender
    Since we're doing association charts, here's mine so far:


  23. ISO #1773
    Soul Reader Master Radishes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,087
    Community
    Canucks.com
    Gender
    Anyway, I'm back home from work now. Just gonna get dinner started then will come and hang out with mah frens.

  24. ISO #1774
    Furry Collective Keeper of the Swans Michelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    11,228
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    AnimeBase
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#1318)
    @Michelle why did you feel you should omgus dizzy and jay here? do you think it’s scummy for them to vote you? as in, how do you view your own play this game? do you think it’s unreasonable for others to suspect you?

    your instant omgus here reminds me of how you omgused wisdom in the light game we just played together

    also, your reads here don’t feel like reads to me. you seem to actually be saying you don’t have reads on any of these people? they’re really empty lines that all seem to be saying “i don’t know what i think of them yet.” the only person you actually come to a conclusion here on is monkey
    Can you show me the omgus on Dizzy, i really don't remember to do this. Jay is not a real Omgus as long as I have a SR on him isn't it? Is this idea wrong?

    I view my play as perfectible (don't want to agree is so bad tbh), so yes, a level of suspicion can fairly exist.
    However, being the constant scum read from some people all the DP is not a solvy thing from them.
    I don't think a meta action like i did on Wisdom in that game is representing me.

    I think some things about my shared reads changed from this post of yours, sorry to reply so late at it, but i don't play to guess, i need a more educated opinion about the game, so before sharing reads i need to form them.

  25. ISO #1775
    Soul Reader Arete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,997
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Forum of Lies
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#1757)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arete (#1745)
    @roro__b

    when you talk about me pushing you I feel like you're ... upset? angry? ... that I'm voting you

    do you think that's accurate and if so can you talk about why that is?
    I just talked about it. You set your mind based on a read through and you're not attempting to consider a world where we approach the game differently and trying to see if what I'm presenting could be genuine. If I wanted to look towny I'd play like you. I'm not putting up an act, I'm trying to reach conclusions. I'm comfortable with most of the sevens thst have been presented, but I've got a few question marks and doubts I'm trying to figure out. Me dying doesnt matter other than I'd prefer it to happen sooner rather than later because right now my existence is apparently bad for town with most people hedging or scumreading based on emotion reads or just being scared of making up their mind on me. And theres this. I'm more concerned that you're being cored while doing this thing in particular.

    Also dont apologize for sarcasm and stuff, it fine
    I mean, I am though? I think in general a lot of the things you're writing about my read on you feel like you're presenting it as a lot more of a rock-solid unchangeable read that I will never reconsider than it actually is

    and I'm not sure if that's because you're legitimately misinterpreting the strength of my read or because you're trying to misrepresent what I'm doing

  26. ISO #1776
    Everyone's mom...except Roro__b's dyachei's Avatar Head Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    38,845
    Community
    SDN, MU
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloonei (#1761)
    Quote Originally Posted by dyachei (#1759)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloonei (#1755)
    Quote Originally Posted by dyachei (#1747)
    @Sloonei have you seen jjj wolf recently? did you catch him? how accurate are you on reading him?
    We were recently wolves on opposite teams in a multiball game on our homesite. We both caught each other early on, but acted like we town-read each other for several days.

    Also I had forgotten about this game when compiling my list for Shep. So @Sheppard Here is another link to a more recent scum game for me. Note that this game featured two mafia teams, however, so my play was adapted to that format.
    i can't recall if you've responded to me about my jjj concerns (sorry if you have just on strong meds) but what are your thoughts on it
    I did a quick scan of your ISO to try to identify precisely what your concerns are, but I did not find anything clear and succinct (not to say you haven't talked about him, but your comments are in the form of several brief and scattered posts, and like to have things consolidated in one easy-to-digest post). Could you briefly summarize what your concerns are? An example or two would be stellar, but not a necessity.
    its hard to give clear examples in posts but i'll go through them again and see if i can find any for you. it's more his general demeanor this game. he seems less "shiny" than he did in sf3. like he's not got the same spirit he had in sf3. he falls flat for me.

    like 165. it's just...not really inspiring or anything. it's just there

  27. ISO #1777
    Soul Reader Sloonei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    1,722
    Community
    TheSyndicate/RYM
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#1767)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#1763)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedJimmyJay (#1624)
    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#1617)
    I mightve even forgotten about it being a thing until I read Jay's post


    I'll be disappointed in specchat if nobody bet on mafia host getting 1610

    Suck eggs
    I feel like that meme has a tangible impact upon your motivation and investment so I wanted you to get it. Oh well you seem fine.
    potentially dumb take:

    i don’t feel like jay would think to fake this post as scum. he sees dobby is down on himself and thinks that dobby getting 1610 will make dobby happy and boost his morale. in my experience, this is the sort of thing town!jay cares about. he thinks dobby is town and wants villages to feel good (something something play with love). there is an argument to be made that he is pocketing dobby here, but i don’t think scum!jay would think that letting dobby get 1610 for the memes is the way to do that, so i’m inclined to just say this is genuine

    i’d like to know what people think of this, particularly people who are suspicious of jay. is this something you think he’d write as scum?


    updates chart to put down "Hally/JJJ" as potential partners
    I suppose it will not surprise you to learn that I nodded in slight agreement with Hally's post.

  28. ISO #1778
    Automatic Game Mod Mafia Host's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    220,999
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Season 7, Finale: End of the Line [The Mafia Championship] Day 1 Votecount

    Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    4 Michelle JaggedJimmyJay (147), staypositivefriend (111), Jackofhearts2005 (150), dyachei (109)
    2 JaggedJimmyJay Michelle (32), Dyslexicon (88)
    2 Jackofhearts2005 hey_monkey (145), Chemist1422 (115)
    1 Sloonei roro__b (143)
    1 Chemist1422 Sloonei (132)
    1 roro__b Arete (87)
    1 Dyslexicon Sheppard (139)
    1 Master Radishes Phighter (145)
    2 Not voting Hally (78), Master Radishes (71)

    View Vote History

    Day 1 ends at 7:00 PM EDT on Wednesday, September 16th, 2020. There are 1600297260000 remaining.

  29. ISO #1779
    Wants It More Hally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    6,283
    Community
    PerC/The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloonei (#1663)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedJimmyJay (#1643)
    We have the same reads. Like almost identical, down to replacing my name with yours. That's something I will have to think about. Also I think you forgot Sheppard.
    I just had this same thought, but I'd put you at the top and cross my own name out. dyachei themself is a player I am currently struggling to pin down, but I like this recent flurry.

    I think I am arriving at a more comfortable town read on Phighter. His harping on the point about my earliest prods of him strikes me as a civilian who was irked by something at the beginning of the game and can't move past it. Kinda like how I have been with him. We're a perfect match.

    I've also just been scanning Arete because I've hardly registered them at all this game. I think they look good. Their progression on Dizzy especially looks like something that a wolf has no reason to fake. Starts as a light suspect and eventually moves toward a more positive read without anyone ever asking for any updates.

    The thought I am coming back to as I try to decide where my vote belongs today (I only have about 3 more hours) is my investigation into the push on me, and why it did not actually take off beyond the two players who generated it. After my previous two games in this tournament, I'd expect the mafia team to be happy to seize an opportunity to get rid of me (toot toot), but when two players, both of whom I'd lean town on (Dobby + Phighter), became very vocal Sloonei opponents early/mid-Day 1, the case just kinda sat there limp in the middle of the thread. People talked about it, but it never progressed.

    The theory I was toying with at the time (as mentioned in the post) was that at least one Bad Guy had already established a plan to pocket me and thus they were struggling to adjust to the unforeseen suspicion against me. This prompted me to vote for Jack.

    Another very surface-level wrinkle to this is that I am a largely known quantity in this roster. We've joked about how this is basically just a Syndicate game. Over half the players in the game have played with me before. 1/3 have known me for a while prior to this tournament. The two players pushing me were not among that group. I think a wolf who knows me would be more wary of pushing on me in that position.

    I've dumped all these thoughts out in one post because I'm a little bit scattered right now and am also trying to make my remaining ~30 posts count. These words are not directed at anyone in particular, although I guess the fact that they're coming out in response to a Jay post is a subconscious request that we put our Big Brains together and solve this thing as best we can here and now. That hasn't really happened yet. Why hasn't that happened yet?
    i already tr sloonei but i wanted to add that i think how he’s gone about analyzing the push on him is more likely to come from town

    as in, i expect scum to take more the angle that they’re being pushed by scum in order to play more of a victim card. but instead sloonei has concluded that he doesn’t believe scum are really pushing along the suspicion of him and has decided to focus on people like jack who are actually town reading him. to me this doesn’t seem like the line that a scum!sloonei would want to take if he found himself under pressure

    does this track at all? i’m once again especially interested in hearing from the people who suspect sloonei

  30. ISO #1780
    Soul Reader Master Radishes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,087
    Community
    Canucks.com
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#1748)
    ##Vote Master Radishes

    Michelle is a MILE townier than Radishes.
    She's really not.

  31. ISO #1781
    Furry Collective Keeper of the Swans Michelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    11,228
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    AnimeBase
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#1763)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedJimmyJay (#1624)
    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#1617)
    I mightve even forgotten about it being a thing until I read Jay's post


    I'll be disappointed in specchat if nobody bet on mafia host getting 1610

    Suck eggs
    I feel like that meme has a tangible impact upon your motivation and investment so I wanted you to get it. Oh well you seem fine.
    potentially dumb take:

    i don’t feel like jay would think to fake this post as scum. he sees dobby is down on himself and thinks that dobby getting 1610 will make dobby happy and boost his morale. in my experience, this is the sort of thing town!jay cares about. he thinks dobby is town and wants villages to feel good (something something play with love). there is an argument to be made that he is pocketing dobby here, but i don’t think scum!jay would think that letting dobby get 1610 for the memes is the way to do that, so i’m inclined to just say this is genuine

    i’d like to know what people think of this, particularly people who are suspicious of jay. is this something you think he’d write as scum?
    Jay's scum range is scary.

  32. ISO #1782
    Automatic Game Mod Mafia Host's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    220,999
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Season 7, Finale: End of the Line [The Mafia Championship] Day 1 Votecount

    Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    4 Michelle JaggedJimmyJay (147), staypositivefriend (111), Jackofhearts2005 (150), dyachei (109)
    2 JaggedJimmyJay Michelle (33), Dyslexicon (88)
    2 Jackofhearts2005 hey_monkey (145), Chemist1422 (115)
    1 Sloonei roro__b (143)
    1 Chemist1422 Sloonei (132)
    1 roro__b Arete (87)
    1 Dyslexicon Sheppard (139)
    1 Master Radishes Phighter (145)
    2 Not voting Hally (79), Master Radishes (72)

    View Vote History

    Day 1 ends at 7:00 PM EDT on Wednesday, September 16th, 2020. There are 1600297260000 remaining.

  33. ISO #1783
    1610 roro__b's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,766
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Hattrick
    AKA
    dobby
    Pronouns
    it/it/its/its/itself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Arete (#1775)
    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#1757)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arete (#1745)
    @roro__b

    when you talk about me pushing you I feel like you're ... upset? angry? ... that I'm voting you

    do you think that's accurate and if so can you talk about why that is?
    I just talked about it. You set your mind based on a read through and you're not attempting to consider a world where we approach the game differently and trying to see if what I'm presenting could be genuine. If I wanted to look towny I'd play like you. I'm not putting up an act, I'm trying to reach conclusions. I'm comfortable with most of the sevens thst have been presented, but I've got a few question marks and doubts I'm trying to figure out. Me dying doesnt matter other than I'd prefer it to happen sooner rather than later because right now my existence is apparently bad for town with most people hedging or scumreading based on emotion reads or just being scared of making up their mind on me. And theres this. I'm more concerned that you're being cored while doing this thing in particular.

    Also dont apologize for sarcasm and stuff, it fine
    I mean, I am though? I think in general a lot of the things you're writing about my read on you feel like you're presenting it as a lot more of a rock-solid unchangeable read that I will never reconsider than it actually is

    and I'm not sure if that's because you're legitimately misinterpreting the strength of my read or because you're trying to misrepresent what I'm doing
    Thst rock solid thing you're talking about is how you approached this discussion with me after the actual iso where you made the read.

    And like, you're clearly voting me while I'm here with all my cards on the table, so you cant really say I'm trying to misinterpret what you're doing when you're not giving any inclination of actually considering whether you could be wrong. And obviously you're having a fairly strong read.. Which is why I talked to you in the first place. something is obviously off about what you're doing here and it worries me.

    It's cool. I'm not wasting more posts on this, keep doing your thing, I hope I'll be able to find you based on other stuff. I just sorta want someone to tell me why you'd be so firmly towncored because I'm not seeing it and people are just happy with having it this way since your first 10 posts or smth.

  34. ISO #1784
    Soul Reader Sloonei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    1,722
    Community
    TheSyndicate/RYM
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by dyachei (#1776)
    its hard to give clear examples in posts but i'll go through them again and see if i can find any for you. it's more his general demeanor this game. he seems less "shiny" than he did in sf3. like he's not got the same spirit he had in sf3. he falls flat for me.

    like 165. it's just...not really inspiring or anything. it's just there
    I've responded to a similar concern when hey_monkey expressed it. Jay and I play very similarly, and his emotional responses to the thread have resonated with me at times, and I've attributed this to a thread environment that is not quite ideal for what he tries to do when he's assuming a leadership role. I empathize with his frustration in places, and I think that sort of thing can weigh on the mind. For instance, I feel like my mindset in this game was disrupted earlier by Phighter's blanket suspicion of me. That sort of thing just prevents me from getting a proper foothold in the game, and I think Jay has been pushed into a similar posture, regardless of his alignment.

    But you are citing a very early example of him "not shining." I don't think that particular post says much, it's just a generic commentary on the player list that could very well have been thought up pre-game (indeed, I suspect it was), so it tells me nothing about his alignment here.

    If I had more time I would ISO Jay a bit to clearly articulate some reasons I have for town-reading him. I need to leave for work soon, so instead I'll just link to 870 where I gave one concise but firm reason for him to be town.

  35. ISO #1785
    Wants It More Hally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    6,283
    Community
    PerC/The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle (#1673)
    So i started off on the wrong foot because reasons and i will not insist on this.

    Deja-vu things that happened:
    - I think mafia!Jay pushed me based on the idea that i am LHF. they were expressing pretty early I have to be wolf for lol meta reasons
    - townies who knows me best are dissapointed because i am not the easy read Michelle they are used to. Now i have to find them. I think one is Phighter, i already said why.
    - i played at bad hours last night to try to connect myself to the game and i received a ton of Ate after an interaction with Roro. This brings me in memory my december hydra game and a recent game at MTGS where i freeze at accusation of violent play as villager. I play to enjoy the game, as the main reason to play. The slightest idea that someone/anyone can not have fun playing with me is depressing me. This is Ate, but mafia is like 1/3 pure emotion and I am expressing it to show my current state. Anyone who is cold like a brick is not a real mafioso, is just a posting machine.

    Now i will ISO Chemist - my first game with them, Mentor/Mentee game january 2019, i saw mafia Chem few times, he saw mafia me few times, we rand in almost all mafia roles in our games, turbos, mashes, normal games, Champs G11 season 6 too.

    Fluffing until P#181, Chem said a common sense thing
    'maybe it's because i came from a wolf win in my semifinal but i think pretty much everyone here is a super capable wolf and trying to townclear tons of people a half hour into the game is a recipe for disaster'
    expressing worry for the gamestate. Post feels genuine for me, why would a wolf point out a disaster?

    P#207 - shows a prudent approach, and a real thought imo
    P#362 ordering players - this is not a bad thing, i consider this not really AI. What i like at that post is the last line. What usefulness has for wolf!Chem to say 'i may or may not have replaced hally with monkey and had to fix it after i realized hally wasn't in there'

    P#372 if Chem is wolf he may support a teammate here in Dizzy or pocket villa!Dizzy 'i do think he could fake enthusiasm as a wolf here but i don't think he's doing that, '
    but in the same time that thought can be a genuine read and i think is the latest.

    P#376 - pointing out some faking paranoia in Jack's posts (i need to Iso Jack)
    In P#409 Chem shows how Jay is universally TR and no one pushes him.
    P#425 TR on Roro for how he was approaching reads
    P#431 Chem knows Poe is not perfect, he was in the Poe, I was/am in the Poe as villager countless times.
    P#474 to Jay 'i also think the basis of this read could easily be an attempt to establish/further a thread narrative and i dislike it' and P#475 voted Jay - puts the money where the mouth is. I fully agree with this idea.
    P#732 sees in Jay's posts an agenda and P#738 explains at Hally's question the train of thoughts regarding Jay 'He's been pushing Phighter for bad reasons and is essentially trying to force his own reads onto the thread using the strategy'
    P#745 they see me overwhelmed by the game, i am sorry i gave this impression, is just my lack of play time.
    P#781 Chem said they don't have other idea than the posted ones - i think not posting things just to be posted and not feeling the need to flood the thread is a good image.

    P#807 i wonder if Chem is accepting Jay pocketing him in P#792 'As it happens I think you're in a decent position to land among The Seven anyway.'
    P#883 is a TR on Arete and a non agression pact?
    P#896 - Chem shows that they are posting only what they need
    P#944 - gamestate post, i think i never did such analysis in day 1, is this a base for associative reads?
    p#962 '
    spf town
    arete town
    shepp townlean'
    P#1142 unvoted Jay and said they have trouble finding scum reads - as question mark, the lack of SRs is the one here but the rest of the ideas show that Chem is preoccupied to solve the game.
    P#1192 wants to vig me :/ and prob Dobby/Sloonei - BUT Dobby was TR in P#424, what happened in between @ Chem?
    P#1271 keeping posts to not post cap and have an interaction with SPF regarding Shep's AI - shows interest to solve, again
    P#1282, P#1288 , P#1354 he shows he wants to sort my slot not to go with a preconceived thing like i felt at Jay for eg.

    Tl;dr: I think Chem is villager, and for the possibility i may be wrong, not today is the day to check this.

    question: why you said you want to vig me?
    michelle, i’m noticing that your two most substantive posts so far have been explaining tr’s on phighter and mist. why have you decided to focus on isoing people you tr? i’m more interested on if you can go more in depth with the people you’re suspicious of or are torn on

  36. ISO #1786
    Soul Reader Sloonei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    1,722
    Community
    TheSyndicate/RYM
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle (#1781)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#1763)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedJimmyJay (#1624)
    Quote Originally Posted by roro__b (#1617)
    I mightve even forgotten about it being a thing until I read Jay's post


    I'll be disappointed in specchat if nobody bet on mafia host getting 1610

    Suck eggs
    I feel like that meme has a tangible impact upon your motivation and investment so I wanted you to get it. Oh well you seem fine.
    potentially dumb take:

    i don’t feel like jay would think to fake this post as scum. he sees dobby is down on himself and thinks that dobby getting 1610 will make dobby happy and boost his morale. in my experience, this is the sort of thing town!jay cares about. he thinks dobby is town and wants villages to feel good (something something play with love). there is an argument to be made that he is pocketing dobby here, but i don’t think scum!jay would think that letting dobby get 1610 for the memes is the way to do that, so i’m inclined to just say this is genuine

    i’d like to know what people think of this, particularly people who are suspicious of jay. is this something you think he’d write as scum?
    Jay's scum range is scary.
    Fear is the mind killer.

  37. ISO #1787
    1610 roro__b's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,766
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Hattrick
    AKA
    dobby
    Pronouns
    it/it/its/its/itself
    Gender
    ##Vote Arete

    For now. If only because I hope someone will even consider not coring them for cheap reasons. I need to read Jack tbh, also running very low on posts

  38. ISO #1788
    Soul Reader Sheppard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,194
    Community
    LA Gaming Circle
    AKA
    Keasby
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + he/him/his/his/himself
    ##Vote roro__b

  39. ISO #1789
    Everyone's mom...except Roro__b's dyachei's Avatar Head Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    38,845
    Community
    SDN, MU
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheppard (#1766)
    Quote Originally Posted by dyachei (#1759)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloonei (#1755)
    Quote Originally Posted by dyachei (#1747)
    @Sloonei have you seen jjj wolf recently? did you catch him? how accurate are you on reading him?
    We were recently wolves on opposite teams in a multiball game on our homesite. We both caught each other early on, but acted like we town-read each other for several days.

    Also I had forgotten about this game when compiling my list for Shep. So @Sheppard Here is another link to a more recent scum game for me. Note that this game featured two mafia teams, however, so my play was adapted to that format.
    i can't recall if you've responded to me about my jjj concerns (sorry if you have just on strong meds) but what are your thoughts on it
    Hey Dya what's your current take on SPF?
    currently think they are town but a weaker read than of hally for instance. i think she's also wrong on a couple of her reads but not for lack of trying

  40. ISO #1790
    Wants It More Hally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    6,283
    Community
    PerC/The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedJimmyJay (#1686)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#1451)
    this is kind of a weird question but during sf2 you correctly scum read dobby right from the start in spec chat. i remember because i really thought he was town. do you remember why you sr him that game at all? and what is he doing differently this game that makes you feel better about him?

    again, this is kind of a dumb question because i know spec chat is not actually mafia (suk eggs) but i’m still curious if you can remember at all
    @Hally

    To be honest my correct N1 guess on Dobby in that game was luck. I found a few of his game-entry posts suspicious and said what the hell. It wasn't until Day 2 that I truly locked in on that read because I thought he responded to the near-confirmed JOAT Carlos in extremely suspicious ways. It's difficult to draw a clear parallel to this game.
    okay, thanks. i didn’t really expect you would have a good answer

  41. ISO #1791
    Soul Reader Arete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,997
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Forum of Lies
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    A thing that I've seen a lot of people noticing is that the game is splitting into two 'sides' (though admittedly fewer people can really agree which people are on which side) each of which townreads itself and scumreads the other 'side'

    and a thing I'm vaguely worried about is people basically deciding that all the wolves are on one side, in my experience sides like that rarely end up being 'all wolves + a couple pocketed people' vs. 'all villagers' and I've seen a lot of villagers lose because they were convinced that one "side" or the other must have all the wolves and it was just a matter of figuring out or proving which one

  42. ISO #1792
    Furry Collective Keeper of the Swans Michelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    11,228
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    AnimeBase
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloonei (#1403)
    @Michelle which players in the game do you feel you have the strongest reads on so far? Is there anyone you can't read yet?
    is not a secret i still have a lot to read from the game but i feel the best for Phighter, Chemist and SPF as villagers and for Jay as scum.

    i think I can't read Dya and Roro at all. Everyone else have a hue of colour in my mind.

  43. ISO #1793
    Soul Reader Arete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1,997
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Forum of Lies
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    I'm having a hard time seeing Dobby's take on me as anything but OMGUS but I'm vaguely worried that I'm just biased because it's me

    can I get a second opinion

  44. ISO #1794
    Automatic Game Mod Mafia Host's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    220,999
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Season 7, Finale: End of the Line [The Mafia Championship] Day 1 Votecount

    Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    4 Michelle JaggedJimmyJay (147), staypositivefriend (111), Jackofhearts2005 (150), dyachei (110)
    2 JaggedJimmyJay Michelle (34), Dyslexicon (88)
    2 Jackofhearts2005 hey_monkey (145), Chemist1422 (115)
    2 roro__b Arete (89), Sheppard (140)
    1 Chemist1422 Sloonei (134)
    1 Master Radishes Phighter (145)
    1 Arete roro__b (145)
    2 Not voting Hally (81), Master Radishes (72)

    View Vote History

    Day 1 ends at 7:00 PM EDT on Wednesday, September 16th, 2020. There are 1600297260000 remaining.

  45. ISO #1795
    Soul Reader Sheppard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,194
    Community
    LA Gaming Circle
    AKA
    Keasby
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by dyachei (#1789)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheppard (#1766)
    Quote Originally Posted by dyachei (#1759)
    i can't recall if you've responded to me about my jjj concerns (sorry if you have just on strong meds) but what are your thoughts on it
    Hey Dya what's your current take on SPF?
    currently think they are town but a weaker read than of hally for instance. i think she's also wrong on a couple of her reads but not for lack of trying
    I'm re-examining my townreads in light of recent things and I get a weird vibe from SPF's progression on you. Especially early on when they never responded after you answered their questions.

    Nothing solid here just going noting this now.

  46. ISO #1796
    1610 roro__b's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,766
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Hattrick
    AKA
    dobby
    Pronouns
    it/it/its/its/itself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Arete (#1791)
    A thing that I've seen a lot of people noticing is that the game is splitting into two 'sides' (though admittedly fewer people can really agree which people are on which side) each of which townreads itself and scumreads the other 'side'

    and a thing I'm vaguely worried about is people basically deciding that all the wolves are on one side, in my experience sides like that rarely end up being 'all wolves + a couple pocketed people' vs. 'all villagers' and I've seen a lot of villagers lose because they were convinced that one "side" or the other must have all the wolves and it was just a matter of figuring out or proving which one
    Which is literally what I tried weighing in in that post that you called "setting up miselims"

    (:

  47. ISO #1797
    Automatic Game Mod Mafia Host's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    220,999
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Season 7, Finale: End of the Line [The Mafia Championship] Day 1 Votecount

    Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    4 Michelle JaggedJimmyJay (147), staypositivefriend (111), Jackofhearts2005 (150), dyachei (110)
    2 JaggedJimmyJay Michelle (34), Dyslexicon (88)
    2 Jackofhearts2005 hey_monkey (145), Chemist1422 (115)
    2 roro__b Arete (89), Sheppard (141)
    1 Chemist1422 Sloonei (134)
    1 Master Radishes Phighter (145)
    1 Arete roro__b (146)
    2 Not voting Hally (81), Master Radishes (72)

    View Vote History

    Day 1 ends at 7:00 PM EDT on Wednesday, September 16th, 2020. There are 1600297260000 remaining.

  48. ISO #1798
    1610 roro__b's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,766
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Hattrick
    AKA
    dobby
    Pronouns
    it/it/its/its/itself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Arete (#1793)
    I'm having a hard time seeing Dobby's take on me as anything but OMGUS but I'm vaguely worried that I'm just biased because it's me

    can I get a second opinion
    Okay wasting another post o this. I didnt include you in my seven, I expressed doubt on your slot before you had even mentioned me this game. I put you around the middle. And then the scumread from you came, but sure, call it omgus. I want to see what else you've got in your repertoire

  49. ISO #1799
    Soul Reader Master Radishes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,087
    Community
    Canucks.com
    Gender
    Imma just play on my own over in this corner for now. Come say hi if you want to.


    I'm exhausted from work and not feeling very eloquent, so if you need me to expand/clarify let me know. (Ping me so I don't miss/forget it.)


    Dizzy
    Dizzy has moved up into my near-lock-town reads, up with Shep and Monkey. He feels like a carbon copy of SF2. He's loose, comfortable, engaged, and enthusiastic. His posts, if you actually read them (I suspect some people, like I did to him in SF2, skimmed the long ones rather than parse them closely) have some very astute takes that are more likely to come from a townie mindset. He's just going about the game in his own way and engaging whoever he feels like, and that just feels like town!Dizzy to me.

  50. ISO #1800
    Soul Reader Sheppard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,194
    Community
    LA Gaming Circle
    AKA
    Keasby
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + he/him/his/his/himself
    ##Vote JaggedJimmyJay

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  •  

Keyboard Shortcuts

about us
Mafia Universe is a community hub for people who enjoy playing the forum variant of Mafia (also known as Werewolf). We offer fully automated Mafia games and a wide variety of customized features crafted to optimize your game experience. We also proudly host the Internet's only database of Mafia/Werewolf communities.

We hope you stick around!
Role of the Day
Hobo

The Hobo will each night passively receive a random piece of information about something that occured that night. Because the Hobo doesn't have a house, they cannot be detected by Trackers or Watchers, and nor can anyone visiting the Hobo.