Results 3,901 to 3,920 of 3920

Thread: Season 7, Finale: End of the Line [The Mafia Championship] Day 2
Day 2 

1. ISO #3901
    Community
    HCRealms/MafiatheSyndicate
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by staypositivefriend (#3859)
    this does have me thinking: "if mist is mafia, what is her partner doing?'

and i'm not sure i see a satisfying answer in any of the members of the POE. dya would be bussing - which would be suicidal. jack & phighter would be fos'ing her but without making real movements to get the vote off of her. either way, if chemist is mafia being voted right now, then it means the mafia isn't putting up much of a fight
    and this is part of why I’m townreading Phighter.

I mean, technically he is trying to chop me over Mist but like...he’s not trying that hard.

Either a Mist/Jack or a Mist/Phighter team just loses when Mist gets chopped.

2. ISO #3902
    Community
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackofhearts2005 (#3901)
    Quote Originally Posted by staypositivefriend (#3859)
    this does have me thinking: "if mist is mafia, what is her partner doing?'

and i'm not sure i see a satisfying answer in any of the members of the POE. dya would be bussing - which would be suicidal. jack & phighter would be fos'ing her but without making real movements to get the vote off of her. either way, if chemist is mafia being voted right now, then it means the mafia isn't putting up much of a fight
    and this is part of why I’m townreading Phighter.

I mean, technically he is trying to chop me over Mist but like...he’s not trying that hard.

Either a Mist/Jack or a Mist/Phighter team just loses when Mist gets chopped.
    And this applies double to wolf Dya, who is borderline throwing by bussing Mist this way. They’ll absolutely never win, even with Mist flip cred. So logic dictates they’re proooobably just town.

3. ISO #3903
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Mist
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    jack you went from pushing me because I could be partnered with the entire rest of the PoE to tunneling me for ??? reasons and clearing the rest of the PoE off of associations with me

how

4. ISO #3904
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Mist
    Pronouns

5. ISO #3905
    Community
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloonei (#3867)
    Quote Originally Posted by staypositivefriend (#3864)
    it is do or die for the mafia right now, so the lack of resistance on chemist does make me feel uneasy. that said, it's not like phighter/jack have the presence/clout right now to sway the lynch even if they gave all of their energy toward it
    I have noticed a little bit of resistance to the Chemist pressure:
    Quote Originally Posted by Arete (#3425)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#3310)
    @Arete
    can you scumread me too

just so i can say that everyone in the game has scumread me today
    I want to think you're town but everyone's arguments make sense to me and I'm considering the possibility that I'm just bad at the game

@Chemist1422
    Quote Originally Posted by Arete (#3502)
    the problem I'm having with Mist is that, like, everyone's arguments make logical and coherent sense to me but I still think she's town

if I had to point to something specific ... her play today feels more like deflated town Mist than deflated scum Mist? which could maybe be explained by the fact that we're in the finale, but, her posts about the Grand Conspiracy against her/Jack/Phighter feel really genuine even if I'm not actually sold on them being accurate

also this is WifoM but I think she would have bussed Michelle, bussing is definitely not outside of Mist's wolfrange (see: her qualifier game) and Michelle was super bussable. based on my admittedly limited experience with Mist-as-wolf-who's-actively-trying (disclaimer: this is mostly games I read parts of so it's probably not super accurate) she's very willing to bus slots that are LHFy (to the extent that word even applies to a finale game, but I do think it can fairly be applied to Michelle)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arete (#3529)
    a question that I'm open to discussing with Team It's-Just-Mist (...so, most of the rest of the game):

if Mist is a wolf, what's her gameplan here?

like I get that wolves don't necessarily come into the game with massively overarching plans for what to do

but if Phighter/Jack are V/W then as far as I can tell W!Mist's plan for the game has been 'let me look as sus as possible while defending 39-poster Michelle and then make my partner look really sus the next day, because I really like losing or something'

and if they're V/V then W!Mist's plan is 'let me look as sus as possible while defending 39-poster Michelle and then clear two of the tiny number of actually miselimable people'

both of these plans suck! I have no idea what Mist is doing if she's a wolf!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arete (#3680)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arete (#3675)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackofhearts2005 (#3545)
    @everyone

Can you give me your number one reason for trusting Monkey and Arete that does not boil down to “good tone” or “feels honest” about a thing that wolves could honestly feel?
    okay I was hesitant to call this post out when I first saw it because I was worried I was just biased because it was me

but this post is fairly straightforwardly trying to widen the PoE

and it's weird that I'm the first one to point that out
    especially when everyone wants to talk about how Mist is scared of boxes

because Jack's post here seems like a pretty central example of 'being scared of boxes'

so why are people super bothered by Mist being Scared Of Boxes and not at all bothered by Jack being Scared Of Boxes
    Quote Originally Posted by Arete (#3739)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackofhearts2005 (#3718)
    What’s the $%#!ing point of me townreading Phighter and Dya, who are easier to mischop if I’m wolves with Chem, in exchange for super light pressure on universal townreads Arete and Monkey? How is that a wider POE from wolf Jack’s perspective? It’s not. And even if it did, it only matters if Chem is NOT my partner in which case lol what are you even doing (except Arete, who is the only player defending Chem at all)?
    I mean

if you are a villager, and especially if you townread Phighter, you can say the same thing about Mist

what's the point of scum!Mist hardclearing you and Phighter, in worlds where the two of you are town

part of me is vaguely scared that you're TMIing Mist W here and I'm just bad, based on how you immediately started talking about the world where you're a wolf with her
    Yeah, this is exactly why they’re my top (if not at all certain) pick for a Mist partner. And Arete naysayed the Michelle wagon the whole way, parking her vote on me because of the way I treated Phighter.

In particular, the spoiled post that says it shows I’m afraid of boxes is good for a laugh.

6. ISO #3906
    Community
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist1422 (#3903)
    jack you went from pushing me because I could be partnered with the entire rest of the PoE to tunneling me for ??? reasons and clearing the rest of the PoE off of associations with me

how
    I’m not even really pushing you.

I’m just saying you’re a wolf for your treatment of Michelle and your treatment of Jack vs Phighter shows tmi.

Your turnaround on me as the deadline draws closer comes as no surprise.

The reasons you aren’t teamed with Phighter and Dya mostly have happened after I began to scumread you. The teammate potential was never the reason to chop you. It was the reason to chop you first if I thought the team was either Mist/Phighter or Mist/Dya. I don’t think that anymore. You’re still the most suspicious player.

7. ISO #3907
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Mist
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackofhearts2005 (#3127)
    Game theory says chop Mist because teammate potential with the entire rest of the poe. Like if the POE is right, it’s always Mist+Phighter/Dya/Jack, yeah?

I’m not like locking that in considering how much time we have left and I still think Phighter is worse on his own merits but it’s worth noting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackofhearts2005 (#3137)
    Quote Originally Posted by hey_monkey (#2803)
    These two posts feel like such a setup. Jack starts out wanting to thunderdome Phighter which twice chains into Phighter vs Dya. I think this is especially suspect if Mist and Jack are teamed because it leads in a different direction for not just one day, but potentially two.
    @hey_monkey

I clearing Dya specifically for antialignment with Phighter. People keep asking me what I do if Phighter is town.

What am I supposed to do? Hang on to a read that is entirely invalid?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackofhearts2005 (#3141)
    I kinda like Dya’s anti Chem posts on my page 57. Probably strictly because they’re anti Chem but still.
    these aren't back-to-back-to-back posts but they're 3/4 and the other one is about radishes

this is before he started pushing me as his top scum and you can see it in the first quote where he said phighter still looks the worst

8. ISO #3908
    Community
    The Syndicate | RateYourMusic
    Can’t lay right now, but I’ll drop in to say that if Mist is mafia, I agree that Arete becomes a person of interest. I don’t think they seem bad at all really, but the circumstances of the game demand they get a closer look in that world.

9. ISO #3909
    Community
    @Chemist1422, I’m not sure what point you mean to make there. What are you suggesting about Jack precisely?

10. ISO #3910
    Community
    Personality Cafe
    I may have to revert to phone reading.

11. ISO #3911
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Season 7, Finale: End of the Line [The Mafia Championship] Day 2 Votecount

Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    5 Chemist1422 Sloonei (71), Dyslexicon (82), Master Radishes (76), hey_monkey (119), staypositivefriend (131)
    4 Jackofhearts2005 Hally (137), Phighter (96), Arete (78), Chemist1422 (119)
    1 Phighter Sheppard (91)
    3 Not voting Jackofhearts2005 (117), dyachei (58), JaggedJimmyJay (126)

View Vote History

End day at majority is enabled. With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to reach majority.

Day 2 ends at 7:00 PM EDT on Saturday, September 19th, 2020. There are 1600556460000 remaining.

12. ISO #3912
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Mist
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedJimmyJay (#3908)
    Can’t lay right now, but I’ll drop in to say that if Mist is mafia, I agree that Arete becomes a person of interest. I don’t think they seem bad at all really, but the circumstances of the game demand they get a closer look in that world.
    when will you have time to be around more?

id kinda prefer to be hammered early but dont want it to get in anyone’s way

13. ISO #3913
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Mist
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedJimmyJay (#3909)
    @Chemist1422, I’m not sure what point you mean to make there. What are you suggesting about Jack precisely?
    he progressed from me being able to be partnered with the rest of the PoE to clearing the rest of the PoE off of associations with me in a way that I don’t think is natural

14. ISO #3914
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Season 7, Finale: End of the Line [The Mafia Championship] Day 2 Votecount

Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    5 Chemist1422 Sloonei (71), Dyslexicon (82), Master Radishes (76), hey_monkey (119), staypositivefriend (131)
    4 Jackofhearts2005 Hally (137), Phighter (96), Arete (78), Chemist1422 (121)
    1 Phighter Sheppard (91)
    3 Not voting Jackofhearts2005 (117), dyachei (58), JaggedJimmyJay (126)

View Vote History

End day at majority is enabled. With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to reach majority.

Day 2 ends at 7:00 PM EDT on Saturday, September 19th, 2020. There are 1600556460000 remaining.

15. ISO #3915
    Community
    Personality Cafe
    ##Unvote Chemist1422

16. ISO #3916
    Community
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyslexicon (#3910)
    I may have to revert to phone reading.
    Oh? Ya’ll don’t all just play on your phones to begin with?

17. ISO #3917
    Community

Will answer stuff in a bit

18. ISO #3918
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    ResetEra
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

Chill

19. ISO #3919
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Mist
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by hey_monkey (#3918)
    omg no one is going to hammer

Chill
    i don't see why not

i don't think the outcome ever changes and i don't have much more that i want to get out today

20. ISO #3920
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Mist
    Pronouns

i think everyone that is listed as town (not slight town) in my earlier readslist is confident town

that's about it really