Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    Akarna
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet Cupid (#898)
    GG everyone, wp scum. Thanks for hosting and having me.
    sorry for wrongly wolf reading you again

2. ISO #902
    Timezone
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Kajot and Jeeper, it was a pleasure to wolf with you!
    Kajot and I pljayed a hydra game simultaneously for some of the game, so it's good that we had the same alignment here. And thankfully, Wisdom was already dead by the time our hydra game started :P

3. ISO #903
    Timezone
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    (except for turbos and hydras)

4. ISO #904
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Cafe
    AKA
    Erika Belzy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    I really wanted you to vote Kajut with me when I dared you.

5. ISO #905
    AKA
    Not Your Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajot (#892)
    Phew, this was tough. We thought at the last day town would more or less just eat each other but all of you have been extremely townie and it didn't feel like there was much missing for the game to come to a turn.

@Jeeper5 Still feel guilty of bussing you there Turned out well tho!
    Ikka, pleasure to scum with you as well!

Enkidu, I of course tried to pocket you, abusing your trust. Sorry In a different world we would have been a great team.

GGs everyone
    No hard feelings; your pocketing was not successful, as I did not even notice the attempt. However, I was certain it was not Egix, and the way all players (including ikka) attempted to sway the train onto you today, made me believe that you were likely Town, and that ikka was almost certainly teamed with Daw.

6. ISO #906
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidu (#888)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawoodle (#884)
    gg wp scum. Sorry that I couldn't figure out how to be townie.
    I'm sorry I wasn't able to get there on you. Despite what you may think, I was scrutinizing Egix very closely, and the way you kept insisting I should be Mafia-reading him because he was voting me, made me think you were trying to get me to MisLynch him. I just couldn't get past that.
    I was wrong on ikka and Egix.

For the Egix push, I didn't even think that was a major point in my case against him. I'm fine with you disagreeing on the case, but it would help me find both of you as town if you can explain why my case is bad or wrong.

I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to say this, but I think I'm just going to get to the point. It was incredibly frustrating to know that I was the third town you had death tunneled on with no indication in thread that you were re-evaluating besides you promising that you were doing it. It was incredibly hard for me to believe your claim that you are reconsidering things when you ignore any points against your case, do not publicly discuss the re-evaluation and always come to the same conclusion. Please try to be more open with your thoughts, and open to changing your tunnel.

7. ISO #907
    Timezone
    Community
    Maffia Sverige
    AKA
    Akarna
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet Cupid (#904)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#901)
    I should have. I was too stubborn on Egix being the wolf of the two.

8. ISO #908
    Quote Originally Posted by ikka (#899)
    exhales

Well played, everyone! It was very fortunate for us that town had strong opinions and never managed to agree on a town core or poe.

@Dawoodle I was so impressed by your effort and wim, I just gave up scum reading your spot because I didn't know what to accuse you of. I really didn't know how to tinfoil you to be scum with anyone alive
    Thanks. I probably should have just voted you there, but I didn't have time to do everything I wanted to do today, and Kajot was literally the only player left who (FMPOV) fit in all the worlds, especially after she pointed out that Enk/Egix was never a team.

9. ISO #909
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Cafe
    AKA
    Erika Belzy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet Cupid (#904)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom (#901)
    I should have. I was too stubborn on Egix being the wolf of the two.
    This is what town made lose the game: there was too much conflicted reads and disagreements. Ikka was deep-wolfing I only figured out by me during this final day purely for POE reasons. Sadly I am burned out and couldn't continue playing; still recovering and needing a decent rest from a lot of things right now. My day 2 was dreadful awful and the only good thing I did day 2 was when I said Kajut is scummiest of all to me purely vibes based.

10. ISO #910
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Town of Salem
    Just checking in after the game. Well played everyone! It was a pleasure to play with all of you, especially my partners ikka and Kajot.

Fun Fact: There wasn't a single vote on scum on Day 4.

11. ISO #911
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Cafe
    AKA
    Erika Belzy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeper5 (#910)
    Just checking in after the game. Well played everyone! It was a pleasure to play with all of you, especially my partners ikka and Kajot.

Fun Fact: There wasn't a single vote on scum on Day 4.
    Fun fact: you are the only scum who received votes at all.

And that's part of the problem, from town's point of view.

12. ISO #912
    Community
    2+2

well played wolves and well deserved

thanks for running bbt

13. ISO #913
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    The Cave of Dragonflies
    AKA
    Eifie, zeep
    gg everyone and well-played mafia! this was a really hard game for town what with the unfortunate jailkeeper yeet d1. will post a couple more comments later when not at work!
    I saw a lot of hard work put in by town players and mafia alike in this game; was unfortunate for town that it was difficult to find each other, particularly because mafia were choosing their kills to keep tensions between fellow town members as high as possible!

I'd say mafia chat this time is a particularly interesting read because it really highlights the differences between how the informed minority and the uninformed majority perceived the game state. notably the mafia tended to believe that they were in a worse position than they actually were, and this influenced their choices of votes in ways that town members had difficulty interpreting. was definitely cool to watch happening in real time!

I'm going to be taking a bit of a break from hosting but hope to see you all again after the holidays! to those of you that are new to MU, hope you stick around!

14. ISO #914
    AKA
    Not Your Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawoodle (#906)
    I'm sorry I wasn't able to get there on you. Despite what you may think, I was scrutinizing Egix very closely, and the way you kept insisting I should be Mafia-reading him because he was voting me, made me think you were trying to get me to MisLynch him. I just couldn't get past that.

For the Egix push, I didn't even think that was a major point in my case against him. I'm fine with you disagreeing on the case, but it would help me find both of you as town if you can explain why my case is bad or wrong.

I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to say this, but I think I'm just going to get to the point. It was incredibly frustrating to know that I was the third town you had death tunneled on with no indication in thread that you were re-evaluating besides you promising that you were doing it. It was incredibly hard for me to believe your claim that you are reconsidering things when you ignore any points against your case, do not publicly discuss the re-evaluation and always come to the same conclusion. Please try to be more open with your thoughts, and open to changing your tunnel.
    Some of that is a fair assessment, I was Tunnelled on you, however, it's not fair to say I did not reassess, or that I Death-Tunnelled 3 Towns. I got there on Wisdom on Day 2, and I believe if she had voted with me on Jeeper, this game would've had a very different outcome. I also got there on mor_tilt after Jeeper was revealed on Day 3, but the Mafia killed him overnight before I could announce that he was clear Town to me.

As I said during the game, while I am happy to discuss individual reads and reasons, I'm not a player who posts novel-like analyses in the thread. Believe it or not, I did re-evaluate you, but re-evaluating does not necessarily mean I come to a different conclusion. I re-evaluated on all players, came to the same conclusion on you and Egix (Mafia/Town respectively), a different conclusion on ikka (Mafia) and a "probably clear due to Jeeper" conclusion on Kajot.

The reason I struggled to clear you is because, from my point of view, you were being very manipulative. Despite the fact that I couldn't always verbalize my opinion of why Egix was Town, he was very strongly Town to me, and the way you kept insisting I should be Mafia-reading him for voting me felt like you were a Mafia frustrated by my lack of OMGUS on another Town, and when you said things like "I think you can be Town if Egix is Mafia" felt very much like you were trying to blackmail me into voting my Town-read by saying you would Town-read me if I did it. Additionally, when I said on Day 4 or so that I had mis-cleared ikka by trusting Wisdom's read on her and that she was definitely not clear to me, you immediately leapt on this as being a scummy change of mind, despite claiming you wanted me to re-evaluate. So overall, you came across as very manipulative, and I struggled to trust a single word you said. Even when I re-evaluated I saw a lot of what I thought to be manipulation, coupled with some pretty hard defending of Jeeper that I had not noticed before.

So yes, perhaps overall I played badly and am responsible for Town losing the game. But given that this was my first Town game in three years, I had a list of Towns that contained only a single wolf, I got there on 2/3 of the Towns in my PoE (Ichi, Wisdom) and I only didn't get to Kajot because of her association with Jeeper, I am not too disappointed with my play this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidu (#110)
    My thoughts so far:

Towns
    In order of decreasing confidence

YouAreNotGoingToNeedIt
    niphredil

Kajot
    NK15
    Egix96
    Hydreigon25

Unsorted
    In alphabetical order

ikka
    Internet Cupid
    Jeeper5
    Kurosaki Ichigo
    mor_tilt
    Wisdom
    Thank you, everyone, for the opportunity to play with you. And thank you, bbt, for hosting. Once more, congratulations to the Mafia team.

15. ISO #915
    AKA
    Not Your Friend
    Oh, and eliminating Hydre?

Still awful.

16. ISO #916
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidu (#914)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawoodle (#906)

Some of that is a fair assessment, I was Tunnelled on you, however, it's not fair to say I did not reassess, or that I Death-Tunnelled 3 Towns. I got there on Wisdom on Day 2, and I believe if she had voted with me on Jeeper, this game would've had a very different outcome. I also got there on mor_tilt after Jeeper was revealed on Day 3, but the Mafia killed him overnight before I could announce that he was clear Town to me.

As I said during the game, while I am happy to discuss individual reads and reasons, I'm not a player who posts novel-like analyses in the thread. Believe it or not, I did re-evaluate you, but re-evaluating does not necessarily mean I come to a different conclusion. I re-evaluated on all players, came to the same conclusion on you and Egix (Mafia/Town respectively), a different conclusion on ikka (Mafia) and a "probably clear due to Jeeper" conclusion on Kajot.

The reason I struggled to clear you is because, from my point of view, you were being very manipulative. Despite the fact that I couldn't always verbalize my opinion of why Egix was Town, he was very strongly Town to me, and the way you kept insisting I should be Mafia-reading him for voting me felt like you were a Mafia frustrated by my lack of OMGUS on another Town, and when you said things like "I think you can be Town if Egix is Mafia" felt very much like you were trying to blackmail me into voting my Town-read by saying you would Town-read me if I did it. Additionally, when I said on Day 4 or so that I had mis-cleared ikka by trusting Wisdom's read on her and that she was definitely not clear to me, you immediately leapt on this as being a scummy change of mind, despite claiming you wanted me to re-evaluate. So overall, you came across as very manipulative, and I struggled to trust a single word you said. Even when I re-evaluated I saw a lot of what I thought to be manipulation, coupled with some pretty hard defending of Jeeper that I had not noticed before.

So yes, perhaps overall I played badly and am responsible for Town losing the game. But given that this was my first Town game in three years, I had a list of Towns that contained only a single wolf, I got there on 2/3 of the Towns in my PoE (Ichi, Wisdom) and I only didn't get to Kajot because of her association with Jeeper, I am not too disappointed with my play this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidu (#110)
    My thoughts so far:

Towns
    In order of decreasing confidence

YouAreNotGoingToNeedIt
    niphredil

Kajot
    NK15
    Egix96
    Hydreigon25

Unsorted
    In alphabetical order

ikka
    Internet Cupid
    Jeeper5
    Kurosaki Ichigo
    mor_tilt
    Wisdom
    Thank you, everyone, for the opportunity to play with you. And thank you, bbt, for hosting. Once more, congratulations to the Mafia team.
    I'm just going to leave a quote from the game that I think illustrates my point:

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidu (#517)
    It would be more accurate to state that because I very strongly believed that Wisdom was Mafia, I believed she was using YANG's death as a way of lining up MisLynches on Kajot and Egix. It was only as the deadline neared that to me, Wisdom began to project real Town. By that point it was too late for me to analyze the posts of Kajot and Egix and give it the time it deserved.
    You did the same thing with both mor and me. You decided we were scum and then treated any arguments we made as scum agenda/manipulation. (As I said in the game, you brought up Egix's vote, not me. If you are referring to my discussion of his push on you, you are ignoring both the nuance of the argument that I made by reducing it to "you should omgus him," and every other point in my case against him that you decided didn't matter, but also wasn't worth discussing in the thread.)

As for the Hydre elimination, you might be right but for the wrong reasons. The game was lost day 4 anyway (and honestly, probably day 2 when Wisdom flipped).

17. ISO #917
    I kept re-writing things and forgot one point.

It is impossible to tell that you reconsider things when you do not put your thoughts in the thread or even address things that conflict with your view of the game.

From my perspective, Wisdom was lock to likely scum until it was too late. (You didn't move until 1 hour and 10 minutes before EoD when Wisdom was the runaway wagon with no counters in a vote that was a crosspost with what was obviously her last post of the day. It was honestly surprising that enough people moved to even tie Jeeper with her.)

Mor was lock scum until the night that he died, and it's really easy to say "I thought he was clear from the flip" after you know his alignment.

I tried to get you to look for a wolf outside of me. I tried to get you to realize that you were left alive because you were wrong. But you had decided that my slot was scum day 2, so everything I said was manipulation and deflection to get you off my case instead of a serious thought that should be considered.