1. ISO #1
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Tangy's Walrus

Hello again! I'm Tangrowth (Tangy for short), and I like music. This is a walrus, a game where you submit songs or instrumentals you think I might like and help us all discover new music.

Current Scores (after Category 8):

Procedure:
    PM or DM me links to at least 7 songs (between as few as 7 and as many as 14!) fitting the categories as described in detail below. The deadline is Saturday, February 6th.

Rules & Guidelines:
    Please submit at least 7 songs total, no more than 14, and no more than 1 per category.

Submissions cannot be from the following exhaustive list of banned / favorite artists. I also will not accept side projects of those artists. Please note that for your convenience, this list includes all example song artists.

Banned (Favorite & Example Song) Artists:
    Alva Noto
    Andrea
    Animal Collective
    Aphex Twin
    Arca
    Robert Ashley
    Autechre
    Caterina Barbieri
    Barker
    Basic Channel
    Biosphere
    Blanck Mass
    Boards of Canada
    Bowery Electric
    Burial
    Nuno Canavarro
    Cluster
    Cocteau Twins
    Coil
    Deepchord
    Brian Eno
    Mark Fell
    Fennesz
    The Field
    Fishmans
    Four Tet
    GAS
    Geinoh Yamashirogumi
    Global Communication
    Ground-Zero
    Jon Hassell
    Steve Hauschildt
    Tim Hecker
    James Holden
    Ryoji Ikeda
    Inoyama Land
    Jam City
    Jan Jelinek
    The Knife
    Korridor
    Kraftwerk
    Fela Kuti
    Lakker
    Graham Lambkin
    Marc Leclair / Akufen
    Jason Lescalleet
    Machinedrum
    Matmos
    Meitei
    Microstoria
    Mouse on Mars
    Muslimgauze
    My Bloody Valentine
    Pete Namlook
    Oneohtrix Point Never
    The Orb
    Oval
    Pan Sonic
    Panda Bear
    Pet Shop Boys
    Michael Pisaro
    Plastikman
    Pole
    Portishead
    R.E.M.
    Elaine Radigue
    Regis
    Steve Roach
    Lilien Rosarian
    Seefeel
    Lorenzo Senni
    SHXCXCHCXSH
    Sigur Rós
    Skee Mask
    Slowdive
    SND
    SOPHIE
    Laurie Spiegel
    SPK
    Squarepusher
    Stars of the Lid
    Stereolab
    Carl Stone
    Andy Stott
    Suicide
    Sweet Trip
    Talk Talk
    Talking Heads
    Tangerine Dream
    Troum
    Underworld
    Visible Cloaks
    Vladislav Delay
    Keith Fullerton Whitman
    A Winged Victory for the Sullen
    Yellow Magic Orchestra

I will be awarding a scoring bonus (see Scoring & Winning section) for artists I am not familiar with, so there is incentive to find obscure artists and/or ones not in my weird wheelhouse.

This is my second walrus; I have a walrus from last year that concluded on January 6th. Check it out if you want!

The best two words to describe my taste are probably atmospheric and unconventional. I will appreciate a good category fit and I generally try as much as possible to keep an open musical mind, but my particular taste will inevitably be a factor in scoring your submissions. Feel free to consult any or none of the following in your decision making at your own risk:

• I strongly recommend listening to any or all of the examples I provide for each category if you want to better understand what I want for the cat and to get a general feel for my taste.

• The duration of a song is not inherently a deterrent to my enjoyment, so feel inclined to send me any songs regardless of length.

Categories:
    Please select at least 7 of any of the following 14 categories for submission.

ACT I: Revisits

1. Wholesome 2.0
    wholesome, playful, wonder, confused, innocent, quirky

Hey, let's try this again! I feel like last time I wasn't clear enough with what I was aiming for. It's something I want to rectify, because I crave wholesome music still.

I want something that makes me think through the eyes of a child, which includes a range of: quirky and playful, wonder and confusion, and most notably innocence. There's a sense of exploration and awe juxtaposed with a lack of knowledge and self-awareness that we tend to lose over time, and I really want to be reminded of it.
    Nuno Canavarro - "Crimine"
    Inoyama Land - "Pon"
    Visible Cloaks - "Circle"
    Lorenzo Senni - "THINK BIG"
    Katamari Damacy OST - "Cherry Blossom Color Season" - (winner of last time)

2. Calm (the bizarro Anxious)
    calm, peaceful, soothing, meditative, otherworldly, ethereal

The Anxious cat was a highlight of my first walrus, something that I think many songs expressed rather well. I wanted to be unsettled, put on edge.

I am looking for the exact opposite now. Please help calm me down. The world and its minutiae does not matter to the truly meditative listener, and that's how I want to feel listening to your submission. There is nothing more I want than to be feeling like I am a feather floating on a cloud in the middle of a serene sky.
    Steve Roach - "Structures from Silence"
    Stars of the Lid - "December Hunting for Vegetarian $%#!face"
    Sigur Rós - "Svefn-g-englar"
    A Winged Victory for the Sullen - "We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, for the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year"

ACT II: Human

3. Masking
    masking, inauthentic, suppression, denial, insecure, hidden

Humans wear masks, hide parts or all of themselves inside, for a variety of reasons -- to protect ourselves and others, often for reasons we do not even understand or are cognizant of. I am fascinated with music that touches on this phenomenon, whether it's full-blown denial or the conscious masking of insecurities or anything in between.

For any LGBT+ / non-neurotypical / etc. submitters, this could be an I'm closeted (whether consciously aware or not) cat. That interpretation is up to the submitter, and is certainly welcome, but not required.
    Kraftwerk - "The Hall of Mirrors"
    Talking Heads - "Seen and Not Seen"
    R.E.M. - "Shiny Happy People"
    Ground-Zero - "Paraiso 2"

4. Euphoria
    euphoria, liberation, contentment, pride, triumph, jubilation

Phew, alright, this will sound especially good after the masking category. This submission should exude that feeling of complete euphoria that can come for any number of reasons, whether accomplishing something meaningful or being true to one's self.

For any LGBT+ / non-neurotypical / etc. submitters, this could be an I'm out of the closet now cat. That interpretation is up to the submitter, and is certainly welcome, but not required.
    Yellow Magic Orchestra - "Rydeen"
    SOPHIE - "Whole New World / Pretend World"
    Blanck Mass - "Hush Money"
    Pet Shop Boys - "Liberation"

ACT III: Reality

5. Existential
    existential, mortality, insignificance, impermanence, suspense, inevitability

Death. Death is coming! Death is here.

This is distinct from the Funereal cat from last time, in which I wanted to hear a submission that evoked something bleak or mournful. Here I want a song that deals with or exemplifies the impermanence of human existence -- how we, as a species, deal with an existential crisis and/or the inevitability of our own mortality.
    Coil - "Broccoli"
    Brian Eno - "On Some Faraway Beach"
    Sweet Trip - "Pretending"
    Graham Lambkin - "The Currency of Dreams"

6. Surreal
    surreal, demented, melting, dissonant, mysterious, avant-garde

I honestly believe I cannot possibly have enough surrealism in my music. So... I'll take more! Why not?

This submission should immerse me fully in a surrealist-esque soundscape painting. Surrealism in music is not-a-bug-but-a-feature practically always to me, and my favorite thing about it is when the artist takes something originally grounded in realism and re-appropriates or distorts it beyond recognition. The further from reality, the better.
    Oneohtrix Point Never - "Child Soldier"
    Meitei - "Man'yō"
    Tim Hecker - "Stab Variation"
    Robert Ashley - "Automatic Writing"

ACT IV: World

7. Urban
    urban, nocturnal, isolation, concrete, illuminated, movement

The goal with this cat is to envision walking or driving around a big city at night when listening to the submission.

There are a few important elements to that in my mind. First is that the song's textures feel distinctly urban, gritty, echoing off of the surrounding concrete structures. Second is some aspect of movement, the passing of cars, the illumination of neon signs, street lights, etc. Last is that feeling of being engrossed in civilization and feeling isolated, like I'm an ant among so many, gazing up at the downtown buildings above.
    Burial - "Archangel"
    Jam City - "Strawberries"
    Underworld - "Mmm...Skyscraper I Love You"
    Bowery Electric - "Fear of Flying"

8. Natural
    natural, lush, foliage, watery, weather, organic

This is the counterpiece to urban, so instead of being inside my apartment sheltering in place for COVID-19 because I work from home, I want to feel like I'm transported somewhere entirely natural, of this Earth.

Rushing water, chirping birds, the sun shining on my back, water dripping off branches, feet crunching on leaf litter as I walk, etc. Hopefully that helps paint the picture. The setting could take place in a forest, in the ocean, at the beach, in the snow... it's your choice, as long as it's vivid.
    GAS - "Pop 3"
    Fennesz - "Endless Summer"
    Cluster - "Zum Wohl"
    Biosphere - "Kobresia"

ACT V: Beats

9. Rhythmic

For this cat just think of it like I'm like the Cookie Monster of rhythm. OM NOM NOM RHYTHM. This submission should be driven by its rhythm.

I am looking for something very specific in terms of how this song implores me to move. I want to be at the optimal amount of chair dancing. Basically I want to be moving around the most I can in my desk chair, but I simultaneously don't want to be getting up and actually dancing. Help find me that sweet spot. It's a guaranteed "banger" zone for me.
    Andrea - "TrackQY"
    Machinedrum - "GBYE"
    Fela Kuti - "Expensive $%#!"
    Four Tet - "As Serious As Your Life"

10. Hypnotic

This submission should entrance me literally. I want the song to conclude and then for me to snap out of that trance and be like, "huh, I have no clue how long that was" right before I inevitably look at how long it was.

In stark contrast to Rhythmic, I'm looking for something to utterly zone out to. If movement happens, great, but I don't want to be thinking about it. Nothing exists but the song and my body. For any of you who have played Undertale,
    I'm looking for something that makes me want to lie down and feel like garbage as when Napstablook shares that moment with the player in-game.
    Fishmans - "Long Season"
    Carl Stone - "Shing Kee"
    Cocteau Twins - "Heaven Or Las Vegas"
    Panda Bear - "Bros"

ACT VI: Dungeons & Dragons

This should be fun, hehe. This is the musical version of D&D alignments. Does your song exude Good, Neutral, or Evil? I really want to feel it. Get creative!

EASY / HARD MODE: These three categories can be submitted to in either EASY or HARD mode. EASY mode is just like a normal category, send me the submission, and I judge for enjoyment and catfit.

If you elect to try HARD mode, then along with your submission, please tell me whether your submission is Lawful X, Neutral X, or Chaotic X (where X depends on which of category 11-13 you are currently subbing to), and if I agree with you, I will award you up to a max of +1.0 bonus catfit point! Essentially, a full point of agreement on a 1-10 scale, where 2 is something like okay this pretty barely fits but it works enough (and you get +0.2) and 10 is like wow this is absolutely perfect (and you get +1.0). However, if I disagree with you, I will instead deduct catfit points up to a max of -1.0 (using a 1-10 scale for disagreement)! I think this will be a super fun experiment, so let's try it out.

Note, however, that each modifier can only be elected once (and True Neutral counts for a Neutral modifier). So once you have selected one of Lawful, Neutral, or Chaotic modifiers that you cannot sub another song with that modifier to another category. For example, you can sub Chaotic Good, Lawful Neutral, and Neutral Evil. You cannot sub Chaotic Neutral if you have already subbed Chaotic Good the category before.

11. Good
    Mort Garson - "Plantasia" - (Lawful Good)
    Squarepusher - "Iambic 9 Poetry" - (Neutral Good)
    Arca - "Mutant" - (Chaotic Good)

12. Neutral
    Jan Jelinek - "Tendency" - (Lawful Neutral)
    Eliane Radigue - "Kyema (Intermediate States)" - (True Neutral)
    Autechre - "Pen Expers" - (Chaotic Neutral)

13. Evil
    SHXCXCHCXSH - "SsSsSsSsSsSsSsSsSsSsSsSsSs" - (Lawful Evil)
    Suicide - "Frankie Teardrop" - (Neutral Evil)
    Aphex Twin - "Come to Daddy (Pappy Mix)" - (Chaotic Evil)

FINAL ACT: EVERYTHING

14. C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!

How many categories can you simultaneously evoke with a single submission? The more catfits, the better your score. I want my head to explode from you absolutely nailing so many categories at once.

The trick with this one is how risk-averse or risk-seeking you are willing to be. You must tell me exactly how many and which categories your song falls into. Unlike typical categories, feel free to explain your category selections.

You cannot submit multiple D&D alignments for this, so only one of Good, Neutral, or Evil may be selected.

This will work similarly to how the bonus points worked in the D&D cats, but with a more pronounced catfail reward and penalty. For each catfit that I agree with, your catfit bonus will increase by +0.25 bonus catfit points per catfit! But for each catfit that I disagree with, you catfail will cause a score decrease by -0.50 bonus catfit points per catfail!

Global Communication - "14:31" - 4 categories (Calm, Surreal, Hypnotic, Neutral)
    Lilien Rosarian - "Theme for Empty Village" - 5 categories (Wholesome 2.0, Surreal, Existential, Natural, Good)

Scoring & Winning:
    The player with the highest average at the end of the walrus will be declared the winner, regardless of whether that player submitted to 7, 14, or any amount of categories in between.

As for individual submission scoring, songs will be scored using a 10-point scale with 0.01 decimals, and points will be awarded based on a combination of enjoyment and category fit. I would estimate a healthy balance of the two, but an egregious catfail could tank your score considerably more, so I heavily advise avoiding catfails.

In addition, bonuses will be awarded to any songs that: (1) finish within the podium of a category; (2) score an 8/10 or higher; and/or (3) I am unfamiliar with, as follows.

• +1.5 bonus points will be awarded for a category winner, +1.0 for 2nd, and +0.5 for 3rd.
    • +1.0 bonus points will be awarded for a 10/10, descending by 0.25 for each point range lower (i.e., 9.X/10 will receive +0.75, and 8.X/10 will receive +0.5).
    • +0.5 will be awarded for lack of familiarity (I haven’t heard or don’t remember hearing) with any song submitted.

Lastly, EASY / HARD bonuses and Combo bonuses will be awarded or deducted in Category 11-14 scoring only. (See those category descriptions for detail.)

The theoretical maximum number of points thus available for any category that is not Categories 11-14 is 13 points. For categories 11-13, the maximum is 14 points. For category 14, the maximum is 15 points. This is technically subject to change, but the general structure should not.

I would advise strategic participants to consider these scoring parameters when submitting.

If you have any questions about any of this (or anything else), please do not hesitate to ask!

Participants (33):
    Adam
    Aladyyn
    Ampharos
    BLOODYRAIN10001
    Boomslang
    Cuthalion
    dunya
    hollowkatt
    KarmaDope
    Keldeo
    LordQuas
    Made
    Marcher Jovian
    marmot
    Mars the Planet
    Moose
    MyNameIsNothing
    Newcomb
    nijuukyugou (Blooper)
    nutella
    Owner Of A Lonely Heart
    ploonet
    Rara
    Roman
    roro__b (Dobby)
    schadd
    Schiavetto
    Shad
    vanity.
    Visorslash
    wiggium
    Wisdom
    Zack
    Last edited by Tangrowth; October 28th, 2021 at 07:52 PM.

2. ISO #2
    Connoisseur of Spice nutella's Avatar Discord Moderator
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    a) wow lots of innovative cat stuff going on here, I especially like the multiple-category-fit concept
    2) I'm already planning to break my rule of not repeating an artist within a walrus because a certain artist I have in mind just fits too well for at least three or four cats oops
    Last edited by nutella; January 4th, 2021 at 04:30 PM.
    avatar art credit to chardonnay/bland

3. ISO #3
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    a) wow lots of innovative cat stuff going on here, I especially like the multiple-category-fit concept
    2) I'm already planning to break my rule of not repeating an artist within a walrus because a certain artist I have in mind just fits too well for at least three or four cats oops
    Yay! I hope the experiments work out intriguingly, if so I have some other ideas and applications too. If not, hopefully they'll at least be fun!

I'm totally cool with that, for the record. You could even sub the same artist across all of your cats if you really wanted to.

4. ISO #4
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Also, someone asked me a question I wanted to share here.

Q: For the cat combo how would you (MP7) feel about songs that progress from one category to another, like Masking --> Euphoric?

A: It... depends. Haha. I would say that if enough of the song is clearly a fit for enough of a percentage of the song, then sure. It's hard to quantify what that percentage is. It might not even need to be close to a majority. But what is most important is that I have to like... think once the song is over, holistically, "okay that song was Masking and then Euphoric and it told a story where both parts were absolutely integral and expressed clearly" for it to sufficiently pass both.

I hope this helps!

5. ISO #5
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    You could even sub the same artist across all of your cats if you really wanted to.
    I'm actually considering just going all out and trying to do that lol. Could be challenging/risky but I think it could work and would be really cool if I pull it off and you end up liking them

6. ISO #6
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by M Plus 7 (#3)
    You could even sub the same artist across all of your cats if you really wanted to.
    I'm actually considering just going all out and trying to do that lol. Could be challenging/risky but I think it could work and would be really cool if I pull it off and you end up liking them
    I agree, it would be interesting! Obviously I am looking to be exposed to like... as many (new) things that I like as possible as one of this walrus's goals, but if you think the optimal way for your enjoyment is to make it as many things from the same artist, then by all means.

7. ISO #7
    Community
    DailyMafia / 2+2
    R.E.M.
    Suicide
    Talking Heads

overlap intensifying /s

idk if i'll be able to find more than 3-4 things in my playlist that fit your niche. i'll take a look

Q1: what aspects of folk/indie music interest you? (i saw some folk stuff in a quick scan of your RYM)

Q2: is an 80%+ "weird stuff" submission what you're looking for? (i assume yes?)

Q3: is there any common/popular music you enjoy and listen to regularly that wouldn't have made it into RYM?

8. ISO #8
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

9. ISO #9
    Timezone
    Community
    GoodGamery
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

10. ISO #10
    The Self Narrator Owner Of A Lonely Heart's Avatar
    Community
    personalitycafe.com/daily mafia
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

11. ISO #11
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    R.E.M.
    Suicide
    Talking Heads

overlap intensifying /s

idk if i'll be able to find more than 3-4 things in my playlist that fit your niche. i'll take a look

Q1: what aspects of folk/indie music interest you? (i saw some folk stuff in a quick scan of your RYM)

Q2: is an 80%+ "weird stuff" submission what you're looking for? (i assume yes?)

Q3: is there any common/popular music you enjoy and listen to regularly that wouldn't have made it into RYM?
    Hey, I'm down for whatever! I just appreciate getting the subs from you all, even if it may not feel like it when I give out low scores, haha. Part of what's important in this experience is getting more data about what I don't like too.

A1: I have a complicated relationship with indie/folk stuff, it definitely is something that I would say is hit or miss with me at best. My feelings on it (and various other sub-genres and stuff) have naturally shifted over time, with certain artists falling clearly out of favor (Decemberists) and others holding up decently well (Sufjan, Microphones) or even really well (Neutral Milk Hotel). I would say cryptic and meaningful lyricism is a highlight. I kind of wish I could find more I like here, actually, even as I've drifted from it. I find that sometimes an issue I can have with indie/folk sphere is that it sounds immediately insincere to me... more so the material that one could throw the label singer/songwriter onto and it'd at least not be totally crazy. I'm still trying to parse out exactly why that is. I would say I'd prefer anything of this nature to at least have some sense of compelling atmosphere, which is I suppose my go-to response for anything, hahaha.

A2: Probably? Hehe! Weird probably has a strong enough association with stuff I like in terms of any buckety words one could use to try to describe various genres at once. With that said, if you think you have a homerun catfit and I wouldn't be viscerally averse to it (like if it's country or something), I think I wouldn't necessarily restrict yourself to sending stuff that sounds weird per se, even if my taste trends pretty heavily towards unconventional / atmospheric / weird / artsy... whatever other words you want to use there. Of course I would love to hear things in my wheelhouse I'm not as familiar with, but I am absolutely game to be taken out of my comfort zone too, even if a substantial amount of those times end up flopping. To me, it's worth it even if I find only 1 in every 10 things that I think would be outside my normal wheelhouse that really does something for me.

A3: Gosh, that's a good question. After mulling over it for a bit, I don't think so though, as long as we're talking about last few years at a minimum. Probably some stuff that isn't logged in RYM that could fall into that, but it would have to be very solidly not in my rotation these days, because I'm rather obsessive about making sure that anything I'm giving any serious listening to on an album basis is in there... even if I still have a ways to go. I would actually guess the most likely genre to be missing in this sort of regard would be jazz.

It is possible that I still have some significant popular music blind spots due to how insular my tastes can be. Whether you want to try and take a chance on any of those is up to you, I wouldn't say it's an awful idea generally speaking or anything.

I hope these rambling answers are of some use at least!

12. ISO #12
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    potentially in
    Awesome, would love to have you!

Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt (#9)
    /in, submitted, and already panicking
    Wow, that was fast! I'm hyped!

Quote Originally Posted by Owner Of A Lonely Heart (#10)
    I think I want to go for all 14
    I don't want to influence any strategic decision-making as the host, but also I am so beyond fascinated to see how many of you do something like this. That distribution alone should be some neat surface-level data.

13. ISO #13
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by M Plus 7 (#11)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam (#7)
    R.E.M.
    Suicide
    Talking Heads

overlap intensifying /s

Hey, I'm down for whatever! I just appreciate getting the subs from you all, even if it may not feel like it when I give out low scores, haha. Part of what's important in this experience is getting more data about what I don't like too.

A1: I have a complicated relationship with indie/folk stuff, it definitely is something that I would say is hit or miss with me at best. My feelings on it (and various other sub-genres and stuff) have naturally shifted over time, with certain artists falling clearly out of favor (Decemberists) and others holding up decently well (Sufjan, Microphones) or even really well (Neutral Milk Hotel). I would say cryptic and meaningful lyricism is a highlight. I kind of wish I could find more I like here, actually, even as I've drifted from it. I find that sometimes an issue I can have with indie/folk sphere is that it sounds immediately insincere to me... more so the material that one could throw the label singer/songwriter onto and it'd at least not be totally crazy. I'm still trying to parse out exactly why that is. I would say I'd prefer anything of this nature to at least have some sense of compelling atmosphere, which is I suppose my go-to response for anything, hahaha.

A2: Probably? Hehe! Weird probably has a strong enough association with stuff I like in terms of any buckety words one could use to try to describe various genres at once. With that said, if you think you have a homerun catfit and I wouldn't be viscerally averse to it (like if it's country or something), I think I wouldn't necessarily restrict yourself to sending stuff that sounds weird per se, even if my taste trends pretty heavily towards unconventional / atmospheric / weird / artsy... whatever other words you want to use there. Of course I would love to hear things in my wheelhouse I'm not as familiar with, but I am absolutely game to be taken out of my comfort zone too, even if a substantial amount of those times end up flopping. To me, it's worth it even if I find only 1 in every 10 things that I think would be outside my normal wheelhouse that really does something for me.

A3: Gosh, that's a good question. After mulling over it for a bit, I don't think so though, as long as we're talking about last few years at a minimum. Probably some stuff that isn't logged in RYM that could fall into that, but it would have to be very solidly not in my rotation these days, because I'm rather obsessive about making sure that anything I'm giving any serious listening to on an album basis is in there... even if I still have a ways to go. I would actually guess the most likely genre to be missing in this sort of regard would be jazz.

It is possible that I still have some significant popular music blind spots due to how insular my tastes can be. Whether you want to try and take a chance on any of those is up to you, I wouldn't say it's an awful idea generally speaking or anything.

Addendum to the indie/folk answer:

This could swiftly orient more towards my liking too if it becomes more like... surreal and repetitive (Animal Collective / Panda Bear) or folktronica influenced and calming (Mid-Air Thief). So perhaps there's some sort of inventiveness or innovation element that could increase my reception to something? Just sort of musing.

14. ISO #14
    Community
    DailyMafia / 2+2
    Quote Originally Posted by M Plus 7 (#13)
    Quote Originally Posted by M Plus 7 (#11)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam (#7)
    R.E.M.
    Suicide
    Talking Heads

overlap intensifying /s

Addendum to the indie/folk answer:

This could swiftly orient more towards my liking too if it becomes more like... surreal and repetitive (Animal Collective / Panda Bear) or folktronica influenced and calming (Mid-Air Thief). So perhaps there's some sort of inventiveness or innovation element that could increase my reception to something? Just sort of musing.
    i'm likelier to go the other direction, but noted :P and ty

15. ISO #15
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Absolutely, if you come up with more questions I’d be happy to ramble some more, haha!

16. ISO #16
    Low Hanging Fruit LordQuas's Avatar Game Manager
    Timezone

you're really making it confusing for Moose to sub to these
    :wiwe

17. ISO #17
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by LordQuas (#16)
    /in

Quas and Moose hype!

18. ISO #18
    Timezone
    Quote Originally Posted by M Plus 7 (#17)
    /in

Quas and Moose hype!
    no guarantee on Moose, he's been subbing a lot lately. He'll try though

19. ISO #19
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by LordQuas (#18)
    Quote Originally Posted by M Plus 7 (#17)
    /in

Quas and Moose hype!
    no guarantee on Moose, he's been subbing a lot lately. He'll try though
    Sounds like a plan, please tell him that regardless the effort is appreciated!

20. ISO #20
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    Quote Originally Posted by M Plus 7 (#1)
    Geinoh Yamashirogumi
    KANEDA
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther
    I thought you were a nerd last week but then I saw you say you play golf and remember you said you chewed so you're some kind of unicorn or something

21. ISO #21
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by M Plus 7 (#1)
    Geinoh Yamashirogumi
    KANEDA :flamingsword:
    Hahaha, they're really $%#!ing good, right?

22. ISO #22
    Low Hanging Fruit MyNameIsNothing's Avatar
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

23. ISO #23
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsNothing (#22)
    in! subbed!! exciting!!!
    Hype!

24. ISO #24
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    1. Wholesome 2.0

I had no idea what won last time, but my first idea was literally a track off Katamari Damacy and then I read your samples....
    I thought you were a nerd last week but then I saw you say you play golf and remember you said you chewed so you're some kind of unicorn or something

25. ISO #25
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    1. Wholesome 2.0

I had no idea what won last time, but my first idea was literally a track off Katamari Damacy and then I read your samples....
    Hehe, I know right, definitely some low hanging fruit on that OST for that cat. A little surprised I only got one sub from it last time, I thought if I had a possible double sub candidate it'd be that.

26. ISO #26
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by M Plus 7 (#25)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad (#24)
    1. Wholesome 2.0

Hehe, I know right, definitely some low hanging fruit on that OST for that cat. A little surprised I only got one sub from it last time, I thought if I had a possible double sub candidate it'd be that.
    Oh yeah, you subbed that Boris song from their j-pop / dream pop album last time.

27. ISO #27
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

28. ISO #28
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    guillotine
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Do you accept links to other sources other than youtube such as soundcloud and spotify?
    Deck Mafia
    MU Annual Games

BASTARD CHAMPIONS (MARCH)
    OPEN WORLD (JUNE)
    ANIME WORLD (SEPTEMBER)
    VIDEO GAME WORLD (JANUARY)

29. ISO #29
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    done!!
    Yay!

30. ISO #30
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillotina (#28)
    Do you accept links to other sources other than youtube such as soundcloud and spotify?
    Sure, although it would be super great to be able to play the song during the live reveal in the discord server, and I think soundcloud and bandcamp can do that.

31. ISO #31
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    guillotine
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by M Plus 7 (#30)
    Sure, although it would be super great to be able to play the song during the live reveal in the discord server, and I think soundcloud and bandcamp can do that.
    Ok. Then im /in
    Deck Mafia
    MU Annual Games

OPEN WORLD (JUNE)
    ANIME WORLD (SEPTEMBER)

32. ISO #32
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillotina (#31)
    Quote Originally Posted by M Plus 7 (#30)
    Ok. Then im /in
    Awesome!

33. ISO #33
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    guillotine
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Cat 11, 12, 13. I dont entirely grasp the concept even with the examples provided. What is Good, Neutral and Evil if i were to submit the easy mode?
    Last edited by Guillotina; January 10th, 2021 at 01:07 AM.
    Deck Mafia
    MU Annual Games

OPEN WORLD (JUNE)
    ANIME WORLD (SEPTEMBER)

34. ISO #34
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillotina (#33)
    Cat 11, 12, 13. I dont entirely grasp the concept even with the examples provided. What is Good, Neutral and Evil if i were to submit the easy mode?
    Basically it’s:

Easy mode - send me a song that’s Good (11), Neutral (12), Evil (13)
    Hard mode - same as above but you need to specify a modifier (Lawful, Neutral, or Chaotic) as well, and you can only use a modifier once

Hopefully that makes sense, let me know!

35. ISO #35
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    guillotine
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by M Plus 7 (#34)
    Basically it’s:

Hard mode - same as above but you need to specify a modifier (Lawful, Neutral, or Chaotic) as well, and you can only use a modifier once

Ok, but is it about a song that makes you feel good? Or that portrays a story about goodness?
    Deck Mafia
    MU Annual Games

OPEN WORLD (JUNE)
    ANIME WORLD (SEPTEMBER)

36. ISO #36
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillotina (#35)
    Quote Originally Posted by M Plus 7 (#34)
    Basically it’s:

Ok, but is it about a song that makes you feel good? Or that portrays a story about goodness?
    Not really either, but closer to the latter. I’m looking in like... the traditional D&D alignment sense, like if assigning a character to a song. For example listening to a song and thinking “this song sounds evil”. If you haven’t already, you could try consulting a few of the samples I have and referring to the character alignment chart, and if they still don’t make sense or anything let me know. I get that it’s sort of abstract, but hopefully that clarifies.

37. ISO #37
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Hey everyone! Just wanted to give a reminder to anyone who wanted to sub to my walrus that the deadline is by the end of January, although I am flexible to extend a bit. Thanks to those who have subbed so far!

38. ISO #38
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    I'm stumbling on cat 9 because I don't think I have ever actually danced to anything in my life.

Unless smashing into people at metal concerts and occasionally my office furniture counts.

39. ISO #39
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    I'm stumbling on cat 9 because I don't think I have ever actually danced to anything in my life.

Unless smashing into people at metal concerts and occasionally my office furniture counts.
    Fascinating!

40. ISO #40
    Low Hanging Fruit

Timezone
    UTC+00:00
    Community
    2+2
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

However I can't seem to send PM's yet. I imagine there is an arbitrary number of posts I must make before I have this ability. When I hit that I'll send you my entry, which is ready to go.

41. ISO #41
    1610 roro__b's Avatar Moderator
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    Hattrick
    AKA
    dobby
    Pronouns
    it/it/its/its/itself
    Quote Originally Posted by KarmaDope (#40)
    I intend to do an entry.

However I can't seem to send PM's yet. I imagine there is an arbitrary number of posts I must make before I have this ability. When I hit that I'll send you my entry, which is ready to go.
    Yeah, 3 posts!

42. ISO #42
    Low Hanging Fruit

Timezone
    UTC+00:00
    Community
    2+2
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Excellent, thank you. I couldn't find that information anywhere on the forum and can't PM any staff to ask!

43. ISO #43
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by KarmaDope (#42)
    Excellent, thank you. I couldn't find that information anywhere on the forum and can't PM any staff to ask!
    Feel free to DM me your submission too! My Discord is M Plus 7#1007.

44. ISO #44
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Hey everyone! Reminder that today is the last planned day to sub, although I'll be basically extending it 48-72 hours as a buffer. Please make sure to touch base with me if you can so I know how many subs to expect. Thank you so much to those of you who have subbed already and those who plan to!

45. ISO #45
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by M Plus 7 (#44)
    Hey everyone! Reminder that today is the last planned day to sub, although I'll be basically extending it 48-72 hours as a buffer. Please make sure to touch base with me if you can so I know how many subs to expect. Thank you so much to those of you who have subbed already and those who plan to!
    Definitely DM or get in touch with me if you're still interested or working on anything, but otherwise consider there to be at least an effective deadline extension to end of day Thursday, February 4th.

46. ISO #46
    Community
    Civ Fanatics Center
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself

47. ISO #47
    Timezone

finishing sub tonight but Moose might need a couple extra days so good to know deadline extended

48. ISO #48
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

49. ISO #49
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Okay, so I know my schedule for this week and the next couple better now that I'm into the swing of this semester, and honestly I won't get to listening until this Sunday anyway... and more importantly, I don't want anyone interested or actively working on subs to get cut off if possible so. At this point I'm also okay with whatever amount of subs I get, as it's clear this will be a lot of work that I'm excited about anyway. So also no player cap that anyone has to worry about. If you sub, you'll get in. Just need to set a hard timing deadline for my own sanity nonetheless.

Setting the absolute final day to submit or change subs or any of that to end of day (Pacific time) Saturday, February 6th.

Mentioning people who have subbed already (in case you want to switch any subs) or otherwise expressed interest or intent (or played last time and didn't express lack of interest and/or time. if I forgot you, which I likely did because this is far from exhaustive and I did this really quickly, please still sub if you'd like!)

@Adam
    @Aladyyn
    @Ampharos
    @birdwithteeth11
    @BLOODYRAIN10001
    @Boomslang
    @Cuthalion
    @Guillotina
    @hollowkatt
    @KarmaDope
    @Keldeo
    @LordQuas
    @Marcher Jovian
    @Mistyx
    @MyNameIsNothing
    @nutella
    @Newcomb
    @Owner Of A Lonely Heart
    @ploonet
    @Roman
    @roro__b
    @schadd
    @Schiavetto
    @Shad
    @vanity.
    @Visorslash
    @Zack
    Last edited by Tangrowth; February 2nd, 2021 at 06:50 PM.

50. ISO #50
    あんた ばか Ampharos's Avatar Administrator
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Smogon | Serenes Forest | EIMM
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    it only took 18 deadline extensions but i'm in
    DM Mixolydia#8907 on Discord with any suggestions/comments/complaints/unwarranted compliments (you'll need to friend request me first)
    [6:42 AM] Makaze: people unironically liking amy's themes is tilting