Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 950

Thread: S1: V+13er - Voyage of the Zamzadoodle

  1. ISO #1
    Mantichora's Avatar Game Manager
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    32,420
    Community
    MiniMafia
    Gender

    S1: V+13er - Voyage of the Zamzadoodle

    S1: V+13er - Voyage of the Zamzadoodle
    Hosted By: @Mafia Host ( @Mantichora )
    Start Date: January 9th, 2021.
    Phases: 36/12
    SoD/EoD: 7AM/PM EST
    Setup: V+ 13er
    Tracker
    2-shot Vigilante
    Vanilla Town
    Vanilla Town
    Vanilla Town
    Vanilla Town
    Vanilla Town
    Vanilla Town
    Vanilla Town
    Vanilla Town


    Mafia Roleblocker
    Mafia Goon
    Mafia Goon



    • No Elim is enabled.
    • Majority enabled D2+. If there is a tie the result will be randomized.
    • Voting will be locked in Fx and it will be announced.
    • Mafia has a mandatory factional kill. If no kill is submitted a non-mafia player will be selected at random.



    Playerlist:
    1. @fwogcarf
    2. @[NSM] Mikey
    3. @Sonrio
    4. @Gira
    5. @BNA
    6. @Esooa
    7. @GCEDW
    8. @Electriocardiogram Gundam
    9. @Sett
    10. @arlo
    11. @LiLi041
    12. @Syn
    13. @Seul

  2. ISO #2
    Mantichora's Avatar Game Manager
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    32,420
    Community
    MiniMafia
    Gender
    Game Information »
    S1: V+13er - Voyage of the Zamzadoodle: Game Information!

    This is an automated game of Mafia.


    Setup - 13 Players

    x2 Mafia Goon
    x1 Mafia Roleblocker
    x8 Vanilla Town
    x1 2-Shot Town Vigilante
    x1 Town Tracker

    Example Role PMs
    • Majority will be in effect starting Day 2. Day 2 onward will end the instant a majority is reached.
    • Town wins when there are no threats to Town remaining.
    • Mafia factions win when they achieve Parity and there are no other evil factions remaining at any time.
    • Votes are automatically locked in when the Town must eliminate correctly.
    • Sleep is enabled. Vote for Sleep to forgo an elimination that Day.
    • Mafia factional kills are mandatory. Mafia must submit a factional kill each night, or a player outside their faction will be chosen at random.
    • Mafia factional kills are assigned. They can be tracked, watched, or roleblocked.
    • Mafia share a factional Night Kill, which is a single standard shot for their faction.
    • Mafia may communicate at any time.
    • Tied votes will result in a player being eliminated at random from among the tied players.

    Phase Lengths

    Days are 36 hours in length. Nights are 12 hours in length.

    Players

    @arlo
    @BNA
    @Electriocardiogram Gundam
    @Esooa
    @fwogcarf
    @GCEDW
    @Gira
    @LiLi041
    @Sett
    @Seul
    @Sonrio
    @Syn
    @[NSM] Mikey

    FAQ

    Are you unsure about how actions are processed or how roles interact with each other? Then read more here:

    ORDER OF OPERATIONS

    Night actions are processed in this order:

    Strongman kills
    Roleblocks
    Jails
    Doctors
    Bodyguards
    Kills
    Investigations
    Backups

    When an action was submitted during the night will never matter when the actions are processed.

    ACTION FEEDBACK

    These are the results you will get when you submit certain actions.

    Non-investigative roles when they submit an action (they also receive this if they are roleblocked):

    Your action on Player A was received.
    Investigative actions return results even if the target dies on the same night.

    Actions that count as visits are counted as visits even if the actor dies on the same night.

    Investigative roles (Tracker, Cop, etc.) when roleblocked:

    Your action on Player B did not return any results.
    Trackers when tracking a person that didn't visit anyone (or if they targeted a Ninja):

    Player C did not visit anyone.
    Watchers when watching a person that wasn't visited by anyone (or only visited by a Ninja):

    Player D was not visited by anyone.
    Alignment Cop when investigating a town-aligned player (or a Godfather):

    Player E is Town
    Watcher when watching a person that was visited by multiple people:

    Player F was visited by Player G, Player H, Player I
    FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

    How do I submit my action?
    Use the form below the game thread. If your role has a night action, the form will only be visible during night phases. It's not possible to submit actions in advance of the night phase.

    What does it mean if the Mafia Host says that night kills are assigned?
    In games with this setting turned on, the member of the mafia team that made the most recent night kill submission will be the one assigned to the kill, which means that the kill can be blocked if a Town Roleblocker or Town Jailkeeper target the mafia player in question. Similarly, the kill can be tracked and watched by Town Trackers and Town Watchers. If this setting isn't turned on, then it doesn't matter who the last person to submit the mafia kill is, as the kill is unblockable and untrackable in this case.

    Where do I find example role PM's?
    This thread contains example role PM's for all roles currently supported by the Modbot as well as information on the various modifiers. Here you will find the answers to a lot of questions not covered in this FAQ section.

    Which roles can self-target?
    Only Watchers are able to use their ability on themselves at night. This means that Doctors or Jailkeepers aren't able to protect themselves, for example.

    Which roles are not able to target the same players on consecutive nights?
    Doctors, Jailkeepers, and Roleblockers are not allowed to target the same player twice in a row. Everyone else is, including Bodyguards. Note that this non-consecutive restriction still holds true even if one of these three roles were blocked the night before when targeting the person that they're attempting to target again.

    What happens if Jailkeeper A and Jailkeeper B or Roleblocker A and Roleblocker B target each other (and are not targetted by other blockers)?
    In the case of Jailkeepers, they will block and protect each other. In the case of Roleblockers, they also block each other. This means that the two players are trackable to each other that night by Trackers and Watchers. It also means that if one of them is mafia and happens to simultaneously be the one submitting the factional kill that night in a game with assigned kills, then this kill is blocked. This same principle applies to longer loops. I.e. in a A > B > C > D > A loop, everyone is blocked.

    What happens if Jailkeeper A targets Roleblocker B who targets Jailkeeper A?
    Jailkeeper A will be blocked in this scenario. Refer to the order of operations: Roleblocks process before jails.

    What happens if Jailkeeper A targets Roleblocker B who targets Player C?
    As stated above, roleblocks process before jails, so Roleblocker B will successfully block Player C. I.e. Jailkeeper A will fail to block Roleblocker B, but will still protect Roleblocker B.

    What happens if Jailkeeper A targets Jailkeeper B and Jailkeeper B targets Jailkeeper C (who isn't targeting any of the former two)?
    In this case, Jailkeeper A would prevent Jailkeeper B's block from occuring, meaning that Jailkeeper C's action is not blocked.

    If an X-Shot role is blocked while using a shot, do they lose that shot forever?
    Yes. A 1-shot Vigilante being blocked while attempting to kill someone will not have their shot refunded.

    If someone with a Strongman modifier kills Player A who is protected by Bodyguard B, who dies?
    Player A will die, and Bodyguard B will survive.

    Can a mafia team choose not to kill anyone during a night?
    The host can determine this using the Mafia Factional Kill setting. Kills can be mandatory, optional, or disabled altogether.

    The default is No. The mafia factional kill is compulsory. This is done in order to avoid deadlocked games where the town keeps no eliminating and the mafia refuses to submit a kill. If the game has assigned kills, it will be randomized which member of the team is carrying out the kill.

    If there is only one mafia member left in a game without assigned kills, can the mafia factional kill then be blocked and/or tracked?
    No.

    Can the mafia submit a kill for one of their own members?
    No.

    If I kill someone, does their night action, if they have one, still succeed?
    Yes, killing someone doesn't prevent them from performing their night action (unless they investigated someone, in which case they will not receive a report). Refer to the order of operations: All kills happen at the end of the night, and everyone pulls the trigger simultaneously.

    Can individual night actions be proxied on mafia teams?
    No. If the mafia team has a Mafia Roleblocker, for example, and they want to use this role's action, then the player occupying that slot must submit the action themselves.

    If a Lover is shot during the night, while the other Lover is protected that night, does the other Lover still die?
    Yes. It's not possible to prevent a Lover from dying of love sickness.

    If a Bodyguard protects Lover A, while Lover B is shot during that same night, what happens?
    A dies of love sickness and Bodyguard lives.

    If there are any Innocent Childs in the game, are these confirmed in the thread right when the game begins?
    No. Innocent Childs are able to decide themselves when or if they wish to have the Modbot confirm their role and alignment in the thread. Note that this is exclusively a day action and that it can take up to one minute for the Modbot to process the action.

    What results are Alignment Cops, Full Cops and Role Cops given if they investigate a Godfather or a Miller?
    Alignment Cops are told "Town" for Godfathers and "Mafia" for Millers. Full Cops are told "Vanilla Town" for Godfathers and "Mafia Goon" for Millers. Role Cops are told "Godfather" for Godfathers and "Miller" for Millers.

    Can Role Cops tell the difference between a Vanilla Town and Mafia Goon?
    No. They are told "Vanilla" when investigating either of these two roles.

    If I roleblock someone with a Bulletproof Vest, will that nullify the effect of the vest?
    No. Bulletproof Vests are passive modifiers that cannot be blocked from working.

    If I roleblock Masons, Neighbors or Lovers with out of thread communication privileges, can I prevent them from talking at night?
    No.

    If I roleblock a Godfather, will they still be revealed as being town-aligned to Alignment Cops and Full Cops that night?
    Yes.

    Are you wondering about how to vote, submit night actions or multi-isolate players? Read about this and more here:

    HOW TO VOTE

    Our forum votes for someone by using the vote tags: [V]Thingyman[/V]. Preview:

    ##Vote Thingyman

    Make sure that you spell out the full, correct name. Abbreviations or misspelled names will not be registered by the Modbot.

    To unvote, use the tags: [UNV][/UNV] . When unvoting you do not need to enter the name of the person that you are unvoting. Preview:

    ##Unvote

    VOTING BUTTONS


    You can also quickly vote for someone by clicking on the box with a checkmark icon, which will bring up an alphabetized dropdown containing the names of living players:



    This will insert [V][/V] tags with the name of the player you selected in the dropdown, perfect every time.

    Click the empty checkbox button to insert [UNV][/UNV].
    HOW TO SUBMIT NIGHT ACTIONS

    If you have a night action, simply submit this at night by scrolling to the bottom of the game thread. Here you will find a night action form like this:



    Click the dropdown and select the player whom you wish to use your night action on. You can change it as many times as you wish before the deadline expires.
    HOW TO REQUEST A VOTECOUNT

    Votecounts will appear automatically at various intervals, but you can also call up votecounts yourself by following these steps:

    First, you need to apply to join "Mafia Game Hosts" under Permission Groups.

    Second, once your request has been approved, you will be able to call up votecounts by simply pushing the "Post Votecount" button in the top right corner of any game thread that you'd like an updated votecount for.

    OTHER SPECIAL FEATURES

    VIEWING VOTE HISTORY

    There are three ways to access the vote history for any game.

    1. Click on the "Vote History" button in the top right corner of the game thread:

    2. Click on the "View Vote History" link, which accompanies all votecounts:

    3. Click on Modbot in the top forum menu. This will give you a list of ongoing and completed games:



      Next, simply click on "Vote History" to view all votes for that game.

    Following any of the above three steps will bring you to an overview like this one:



    Click on a Voter's username to view all of the votes by their slot.

    Click on a Target's username to view all of the votes for their slot.

    ISOLATING A PLAYER'S POSTS

    If you wish to read a player's posts in isolation, simply click on "ISO" in the top right corner of one of that player's posts in the relevant thread as illustrated here:



    Alternatively, you can access a player's posts in isolation by clicking on the number next to "Replies:" in the forum lobby.



    Doing so will pull up a window listing the post counts for everyone who has posted in that thread. You access someone's posts in isolation by simply clicking on the number next to "Posts:" for that person.



    The ISO view itself has Quote and Multi-Quote buttons inside it, which will make it very easy to quickly quote a lot of a player's posts for analysis or commentary:


    MULTI-ISOLATING

    If you wish to read not just one player's posts, but you want to ISO multiple players, then click the "Multi ISO" button to the left of "Game Tools" and select the players in question as shown here:


    MULTI-QUOTING WHILE THREAD IS LOCKED

    Note that you can multi-quote posts from even locked game threads. This is useful for when you wish to reread the game and do work during night phases.

    After quoting the relevant posts, you simply open a different, opened thread and press "Go Advanced". Then add the quotes to your post by clicking the prompt below the post area as shown here:



    Now, of course you can't post your work in the game thread while the thread is locked, but you can copy paste and save your work to a local file or the cloud and have it ready to post the very next day phase (if you're still alive, that is).

    BOOKMARKS

    Whenever you open a game thread, you are able to bookmark posts. This is for many players an important tool for keeping track of and remembering vital pieces of information, reads, claims etc.

    Also, note that these bookmarks are saved to your user account, meaning that it eliminates the trouble associated with keeping notes between different computers/devices.

    If you want to bookmark a post, you simply scroll to the post that you want to bookmark and press "Set Bookmark" as shown here:



    This will call up 5 different colored icons (Blue, Red, Yellow, Green, and Black) on the right side of the post in question. You can click any of these icons, which will then prompt you to include a note for the post.

    If you don't want to include a note, you don't have to - just leave it blank. The color coding in itself can be a valuable tool. Maybe you want to use Red bookmarks for posts that you find suspicious, Green bookmarks for posts that you find townie, Black bookmarks for posts containing claims, or whatever system you can think of that will be helpful to you.



    Once this is done, you have now successfully bookmarked a post with a certain color and maybe even a note. If you wish to remove the bookmark again, click on "Unset Bookmark".

    How do I access bookmarks?

    There are two ways to access your bookmarks.
    1. Inside a game thread, you can access the bookmarks for that specific game by simply right clicking on the "Bookmark" button and opening the link.

      This will bring you to a separate page that is automatically filtered to only show bookmarks from the game thread that you accessed the page from.
    2. You can also access your bookmarks by going to Features in the site's top menu:



      This will bring you to a page where no bookmarks are shown by default. However, you have several filtering options.

      You can filter by Game, by Player and by Color - and all of them at once if you so wish.

      Here's an example of filtering by only red bookmarks in one specific game:



    If you want to be taken directly to one of your bookmarked posts, you just click the post number.

    How do I quote bookmarks?

    You can also multi-quote bookmarked posts by clicking the little "+" button seen above on the far right side of each bookmark.

    Once you have multi-quoted all the bookmarked posts that you want to quote, you will then have to go to the game thread in which you wish to quote the bookmarked posts.

    Here you have two ways of quoting the posts.

    1. Click on "Reply With Quote" on another post as shown here:



      You will then probably want to delete the last post quoted in the reply box, but otherwise you should be good to go.
    2. Or you can do the more smooth option and click the "Reply To Thread" button at the top and bottom of the game thread - as shown here:



      By doing this you will open up a reply box containing only your multi-quoted bookmarked posts.

  3. ISO #3
    Automatic Game Mod Mafia Host's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    239,383
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    « Day 1 Start »
    S1: V+13er - Voyage of the Zamzadoodle Day 1 Start

    Day 1 has begun.

    Day 1 ends at 7:00 PM EST on Sunday, January 10th, 2021. There are 1610323260000 remaining.

  4. ISO #4
    Town Alignment Successfully Loaded.
    Initiating Unmaking of the Mafia Team.

  5. ISO #5
    Unable to gather enough data to proceed.
    Sleep Mode is activating...

  6. ISO #6
    Wants It More [NSM] Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    5,528
    Community
    NSM, FFR,Smogon, ZeldaDungeon, The Syndicate, 2+2, DailyMafia, elsewhere
    AKA
    bullheaded jackass
    Quote Originally Posted by Electriocardiogram Gundam (#4)
    Town Alignment Successfully Loaded.
    Initiating Unmaking of the Mafia Team.
    ##Vote Electriocardiogram Gundam

    policy this tbh

  7. ISO #7
    Thread Analyst LiLi041's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    679
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    NUF
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Electriocardiogram Gundam (#4)
    Town Alignment Successfully Loaded.
    Initiating Unmaking of the Mafia Team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Electriocardiogram Gundam (#5)
    Unable to gather enough data to proceed.
    Sleep Mode is activating...
    Is this a joke?

  8. ISO #8
    My personality is no joke.

  9. ISO #9
    ##Vote [NSM] Mikey

  10. ISO #10
    Thread Analyst LiLi041's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    679
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    NUF
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Electriocardiogram Gundam (#8)
    My personality is no joke.
    Okay...

  11. ISO #11
    Thread Analyst LiLi041's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    679
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    NUF
    Gender
    So guys~ Do you want to do a quick introduction? I'm asking this mainly because I don't know any of you and just joined MU. So.

    I'll give a short introduction of myself to start off!
    1. I'm from NUF (NovelUpdates Forum- I translate CN novels and love reading, so NUF is perfect for me~), where I've played a few forum mafia games, so I have a little experience playing.
    2. I don't really know how to navigate MU well, so if my posts come out wonky (as in, the quotes don't work right or whatever), don't be surprised.

  12. ISO #12
    Thread Analyst GCEDW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    A place
    Posts
    492
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    Mafia Returns (Chess.com)
    AKA
    GC
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Hey everyone. I'm looking forward to playing with y'all. Anyways, I'm not going to be able to post here for the next 12-24ish hours, but after that I should be here a fair amount. Also, I plan on being here at EOD. A quick few questions: What is your favorite role, and have you played with this setup before?

  13. ISO #13
    Thread Analyst LiLi041's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    679
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    NUF
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by GCEDW (#12)
    Hey everyone. I'm looking forward to playing with y'all. Anyways, I'm not going to be able to post here for the next 12-24ish hours, but after that I should be here a fair amount. Also, I plan on being here at EOD. A quick few questions: What is your favorite role, and have you played with this setup before?
    Looking forward to paying with you too! I plan on being on EOD too~ I'm in EST, so 7 pm's pretty good for me (hopefully).

    1. My favorite role... Innocent Child, maybe? Idk, I don't really have one. I just like being a townie~
    2. Nope. Bot FM games on NUF had a slightly different role set-up.
    -There would be 4 mafia, 3 goons (we called them "creeps") and 1 PR (King Leoric, who could kill a player at night. If the player was a PR, Leoric's role would be revealed).
    -Then among the town, apart from the vanilla towns ("radiant creeps"), there were 3 PRs (a one-time Global Silencer, an Omni (can save a person every night, including themselves- but not the same person twice in a row), and a Chen (can investigate a player's role every night)).
    -All day phases were 24 hours, all night phases were 24 hours.

    As for the player-hosted games (I just hosted one recently), I've only played all-PR (or mostly-PR) games. So... that wouldn't apply here.

    Basically, the terminology is a bit different, and the game itself is a little different. I don't think it should be that hard to adapt, though.

  14. ISO #14
    Thread Analyst LiLi041's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    679
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    NUF
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by LiLi041 (#13)
    Quote Originally Posted by GCEDW (#12)
    Hey everyone. I'm looking forward to playing with y'all. Anyways, I'm not going to be able to post here for the next 12-24ish hours, but after that I should be here a fair amount. Also, I plan on being here at EOD. A quick few questions: What is your favorite role, and have you played with this setup before?
    Looking forward to paying with you too! I plan on being on EOD too~ I'm in EST, so 7 pm's pretty good for me (hopefully).

    1. My favorite role... Innocent Child, maybe? Idk, I don't really have one. I just like being a townie~
    2. Nope. Bot FM games on NUF had a slightly different role set-up.
    -There would be 4 mafia, 3 goons (we called them "creeps") and 1 PR (King Leoric, who could kill a player at night. If the player was a PR, Leoric's role would be revealed).
    -Then among the town, apart from the vanilla towns ("radiant creeps"), there were 3 PRs (a one-time Global Silencer, an Omni (can save a person every night, including themselves- but not the same person twice in a row), and a Chen (can investigate a player's role every night)).
    -All day phases were 24 hours, all night phases were 24 hours.

    As for the player-hosted games (I just hosted one recently), I've only played all-PR (or mostly-PR) games. So... that wouldn't apply here.

    Basically, the terminology is a bit different, and the game itself is a little different. I don't think it should be that hard to adapt, though.
    *playing (not paying lol)

  15. ISO #15
    GOAT Tier Esooa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,601
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    CFC
    AKA
    Kirsten
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    hello everyone

  16. ISO #16
    Soul Reader Gira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    1,061
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Gender
    hello

    ##Vote GCEDW

  17. ISO #17
    Low Hanging Fruit Seul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    In the Closet
    Posts
    6
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    N/A
    AKA
    Gray
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Good morning all. I'll scroll through the posts as quickly as possible so I can catch up on the current conversation.

  18. ISO #18
    Soul Reader Gira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    1,061
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Gender
    take your time theres a lot to catch up on

  19. ISO #19
    GOAT Tier Esooa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,601
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    CFC
    AKA
    Kirsten
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Gira (#16)
    hello

    ##Vote GCEDW
    are u from epicmafia

  20. ISO #20
    Soul Reader Gira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    1,061
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Gender
    yes i'm the user by the same name. i don't believe we talked much in that one game i was briefly in

  21. ISO #21
    Soul Reader Syn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    2,470
    Community
    CFC / BFC
    hi everyone i am so happy to have randed town and not wolf this game, i look forward to helping town with my town play

  22. ISO #22
    Low Hanging Fruit Seul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    In the Closet
    Posts
    6
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    N/A
    AKA
    Gray
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by LiLi041 (#11)
    So guys~ Do you want to do a quick introduction? I'm asking this mainly because I don't know any of you and just joined MU. So.

    I'll give a short introduction of myself to start off!
    1. I'm from NUF (NovelUpdates Forum- I translate CN novels and love reading, so NUF is perfect for me~), where I've played a few forum mafia games, so I have a little experience playing.
    2. I don't really know how to navigate MU well, so if my posts come out wonky (as in, the quotes don't work right or whatever), don't be surprised.
    Sure, I just got here too. This is my first game, I came from Shannii Forums and I've played very few mafia games one mafia.gg. Like I said this is my first game so I'll probably mess up on navigating too, but I have a friend who's helping me.

    Quote Originally Posted by GCEDW (#12)
    Hey everyone. I'm looking forward to playing with everyone. Anyways, I'm not going to be able to post here for the next 12-24ish hours, but after that I should be here a fair amount. Also, I plan on being here at EOD. A quick few questions: What is your favorite role, and have you played with this setup before?
    My favorite role is cop (I've rarely played games where a cop isn't involved so I'm new to any roles that have cop like powers.) Nope, never played with this setup but I'm looking forward to learning it.

    ##Vote Electriocardiogram Gundam

  23. ISO #23
    GOAT Tier Esooa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,601
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    CFC
    AKA
    Kirsten
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn (#21)
    hi everyone i am so happy to have randed town and not wolf this game, i look forward to helping town with my town play
    syn is scum (this is where you self vote)

  24. ISO #24
    Soul Reader Syn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    2,470
    Community
    CFC / BFC
    Quote Originally Posted by Esooa (#23)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn (#21)
    hi everyone i am so happy to have randed town and not wolf this game, i look forward to helping town with my town play
    syn is scum (this is where you self vote)
    might switch it up this game and vote for other people instead

    see if that works out

  25. ISO #25
    GOAT Tier Esooa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,601
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    CFC
    AKA
    Kirsten
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Gira (#20)
    yes i'm the user by the same name. i don't believe we talked much in that one game i was briefly in
    oh cool

  26. ISO #26
    GOAT Tier Esooa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,601
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    CFC
    AKA
    Kirsten
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn (#24)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esooa (#23)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn (#21)
    hi everyone i am so happy to have randed town and not wolf this game, i look forward to helping town with my town play
    syn is scum (this is where you self vote)
    might switch it up this game and vote for other people instead

    see if that works out
    you'll get there

  27. ISO #27
    Thread Analyst arlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    367
    Timezone
    UTC+08:00
    Community
    HoN
    Gender
    hey guys, just releasing my notes for the first 25+ posts of the game

    4: NAI

    5: NAI

    6: NAI - would be annoyed by this as either town or maf, maybe slightly more as town

    7: Town - New to the website/seems like something a townie would say in their first game upon being greeted by a weird gimmick. Don’t see maf being so confrontational/questioning on it immediately

    8: NAI

    9: NAI

    10: NAI

    11: NAI - However, have seen scum in the past use introduction posts to bypass the awkwardness of entering the game. This is a bit different though since this came after LiLi had already posted.

    12: Slightly scummy - Comes off as a bit awkward and is a semi-intro post. I don’t think gauging people’s experiences with the setup or roles is a bad thing, but I’d rather that come up naturally as the game progresses to get tells out of it rather than forcing people to answer.

    13: NAI

    14: NAI

    15: NAI

    16: Slight town - That post from GCEDW pinged me a bit. I can easily see someone making that early vote.

    17: Slight town - A bit hard to believe mafia would talk about catching up on a thread with such little posts. Shows a lack of awareness that could come from town.

    18: NAI

    19: NAI - could point towards the fact that Esooa and Gira cannot be partners, though. Esooa might ask that in scum chat and the timing seems a bit random to be planned out.

    20: NAI

    21: Slightly scum (but more null) - just seems so sarcastic and unhappy lel

    22: Slightly scummy - not sure what the basis of this vote is? Almost seems like a vote of nervousness and I don’t think Elec Gun has really been scummy, just gimmicky.

    23: NAI - not sure how to take the sudden jump on syn. Do agree the intro was scummy, but could easily see town making the same introduction

    24: NAI - Assuming this is a reference to a previous game

    25 & 26: NAI

    so far, i would say LiLi and Gira slight townleans. Seul is probably someone whose slot I will be able to figure out quite quickly, but getting conflicted signals right now! Everyone else null. Hope this is a fun game

  28. ISO #28
    Low Hanging Fruit Seul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    In the Closet
    Posts
    6
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    N/A
    AKA
    Gray
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    We can still change our votes and they aren't final, from what I understand of the game.

    (this is directed to arlo btw)

  29. ISO #29
    Thread Analyst arlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    367
    Timezone
    UTC+08:00
    Community
    HoN
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Seul (#28)
    We can still change our votes and they aren't final, from what I understand of the game.

    (this is directed to arlo btw)
    yes, i'm aware!!!!! that doesn't mean that votes can't be alignment indicative even if they aren't final. i will admit that voting patterns actually aren't as helpful as one would think, but i'm hoping to avoid misconclusions by analyzing the votes as they are happening in the thread rather than looking at what has already happened in the game.

  30. ISO #30
    Soul Reader Syn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    2,470
    Community
    CFC / BFC
    i used "town" so many times in my post and still I get scum-read

    but yes the self-vote thing was reference to older games

  31. ISO #31
    Low Hanging Fruit Seul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    In the Closet
    Posts
    6
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    N/A
    AKA
    Gray
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by arlo (#29)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seul (#28)
    We can still change our votes and they aren't final, from what I understand of the game.

    (this is directed to arlo btw)
    yes, i'm aware!!!!! that doesn't mean that votes can't be alignment indicative even if they aren't final. i will admit that voting patterns actually aren't as helpful as one would think, but i'm hoping to avoid misconclusions by analyzing the votes as they are happening in the thread rather than looking at what has already happened in the game.
    Just wanted to make sure I didn't have the rules wrong, but as for reason in their first post I indicated what they said as a soft claim on a towny role. And then in his fourth post they 'omgus'ed Mikey, unless they had a valid reason and chose not to share at the time.

  32. ISO #32
    Soul Reader Gira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    1,061
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn (#30)
    i used "town" so many times in my post and still I get scum-read

    but yes the self-vote thing was reference to older games
    ##Vote Syn

  33. ISO #33
    Soul Reader Syn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    2,470
    Community
    CFC / BFC
    Quote Originally Posted by Gira (#32)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn (#30)
    i used "town" so many times in my post and still I get scum-read

    but yes the self-vote thing was reference to older games
    ##Vote Syn
    no u

    ##Vote Gira

  34. ISO #34
    Automatic Game Mod Mafia Host's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    239,383
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    S1: V+13er - Voyage of the Zamzadoodle Day 1 Votecount

    Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    2 Electriocardiogram Gundam [NSM] Mikey (1), Seul (4)
    1 [NSM] Mikey Electriocardiogram Gundam (4)
    1 Syn Gira (4)
    1 Gira Syn (4)
    8 Not voting fwogcarf (0), Sonrio (0), BNA (0), Esooa (5), GCEDW (1), Sett (0), arlo (2), LiLi041 (5)

    View Vote History

    Day 1 ends at 7:00 PM EST on Sunday, January 10th, 2021. There are 1610323260000 remaining.

  35. ISO #35
    Thread Analyst arlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    367
    Timezone
    UTC+08:00
    Community
    HoN
    Gender
    28: NAI - however, I did find it a bit odd how Seul chose to clarify the rules to me. I don't really want to go down this rabbithole though since there's explanations for that as either alignment

    30: NAI

    31: I want to point out here that I don't think Elec Gun was softing anything and was just simply stating he is town. If Seul thought he was softing a town role, why would that warrent a vote? The OMGUS does not ping me since Mikey never provided a reasoning for the vote and the game had literally just started. OMGUS was fine in this case. I'm going to chalk this up as NAI as I can't really gauge Seul's experience just yet, but this is a reminder to self to come back to this post later.

    32: Slightly town - I probably wouldn't vote Syn here as nothing they've said has pinged me hard enough, but I can see how a town might want to pressure Syn and force them to tell. I think using a vote here when Syn has already expressed a tiny bit of frustration at being called wolf might be just the perfect way to pile on even more pressure.

    33: Slightly scummy - Don't LOVE the OMGUS vote here from Syn. I think it should be pretty obvious why someone might vote them here, by no means damning.

    34: This is the vote log. We have two votes on Elec Gun, one that was placed almost immediately at the start of the game that I consider valid and one that was placed later on that I don't quite understand the reasoning to. That being said, I almost feel like if Elec was town, they'd have more votes on them at this point. I remember being quite annoyed at their introduction myself, multiple other people expressed this same sentiment, and yet only two votes. HOWEVER, I will say that I have been in games where someone joined a game and declared themselves as town immediately and got relatively little heat for it because mafia was too intimidated to challenge it. Will need to see more from all players involved first before making conclusions. The OMGUS vote on [NSM] Mikey is fine because of how early it happened, but I don't consider is quite as valid as Mikey's initial vote. I think Gira's vote on Syn here is mostly to put on pressure due to Syn's early start. Syn's OMGUS on Gira seems like a bit of a stilted reaction.

  36. ISO #36
    Thread Analyst arlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    367
    Timezone
    UTC+08:00
    Community
    HoN
    Gender
    also i'm aware that my final point is mostly just reiterating things i've already said, but i wanted to have it all in one place so that i can look back on later

  37. ISO #37
    Soul Reader Syn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    2,470
    Community
    CFC / BFC
    Quote Originally Posted by arlo (#35)
    32: Slightly town - I probably wouldn't vote Syn here as nothing they've said has pinged me hard enough, but I can see how a town might want to pressure Syn and force them to tell. I think using a vote here when Syn has already expressed a tiny bit of frustration at being called wolf might be just the perfect way to pile on even more pressure.

    33: Slightly scummy - Don't LOVE the OMGUS vote here from Syn. I think it should be pretty obvious why someone might vote them here, by no means damning.
    If you're going to take my posts seriously/literally, you're going to get frustrated very quickly

  38. ISO #38
    Soul Reader Syn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    2,470
    Community
    CFC / BFC
    also it's early D1... what pressure do you think can be realistically put on a person that is in any way meaningful to the game state?

  39. ISO #39
    Thread Analyst arlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    367
    Timezone
    UTC+08:00
    Community
    HoN
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn (#37)
    Quote Originally Posted by arlo (#35)
    32: Slightly town - I probably wouldn't vote Syn here as nothing they've said has pinged me hard enough, but I can see how a town might want to pressure Syn and force them to tell. I think using a vote here when Syn has already expressed a tiny bit of frustration at being called wolf might be just the perfect way to pile on even more pressure.

    33: Slightly scummy - Don't LOVE the OMGUS vote here from Syn. I think it should be pretty obvious why someone might vote them here, by no means damning.
    If you're going to take my posts seriously/literally, you're going to get frustrated very quickly
    when you make a serious post then i will evaluate it seriously. until then, i just evaluate what i see.

  40. ISO #40
    Soul Reader Syn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    2,470
    Community
    CFC / BFC
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn (#38)
    also it's early D1... what pressure do you think can be realistically put on a person that is in any way meaningful to the game state?
    like, do you think someone voting me in the first 10 hours is going to make me PR slip or be all "yeah I'm actually a wolf goon guys, good catch"? i don't get it

  41. ISO #41
    Thread Analyst arlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    367
    Timezone
    UTC+08:00
    Community
    HoN
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn (#38)
    also it's early D1... what pressure do you think can be realistically put on a person that is in any way meaningful to the game state?
    the day is only 36 hours. so while it is a bit early still, this game will end up being a lot more fast-paced. you'll notice i haven't even voted anyone myself, but early game tells can be valuable and putting a vote on someone is one of the ways to get them to tell.

  42. ISO #42
    Thread Analyst arlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    367
    Timezone
    UTC+08:00
    Community
    HoN
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn (#40)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn (#38)
    also it's early D1... what pressure do you think can be realistically put on a person that is in any way meaningful to the game state?
    like, do you think someone voting me in the first 10 hours is going to make me PR slip or be all "yeah I'm actually a wolf goon guys, good catch"? i don't get it
    anything can happen but to take your question more seriously: the way you're responding to me now is the perfect example of what i want to happen. people slip in the smallest of ways and these slips may not be wholly conclusive, but when put together can paint a much larger picture.

  43. ISO #43
    Wants It More Sett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    7,671
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    League of Legends
    AKA
    Sett
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    Sup.

  44. ISO #44
    Soul Reader Syn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    2,470
    Community
    CFC / BFC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett (#43)
    Sup.
    we've sett the table in anticipation of your arrival

  45. ISO #45
    Soul Reader Syn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    2,470
    Community
    CFC / BFC
    Quote Originally Posted by arlo (#42)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn (#40)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn (#38)
    also it's early D1... what pressure do you think can be realistically put on a person that is in any way meaningful to the game state?
    like, do you think someone voting me in the first 10 hours is going to make me PR slip or be all "yeah I'm actually a wolf goon guys, good catch"? i don't get it
    anything can happen but to take your question more seriously: the way you're responding to me now is the perfect example of what i want to happen. people slip in the smallest of ways and these slips may not be wholly conclusive, but when put together can paint a much larger picture.
    what are you doing with all those banana peels, arlo?

  46. ISO #46
    Thread Analyst arlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    367
    Timezone
    UTC+08:00
    Community
    HoN
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn (#45)
    Quote Originally Posted by arlo (#42)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn (#40)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn (#38)
    also it's early D1... what pressure do you think can be realistically put on a person that is in any way meaningful to the game state?
    like, do you think someone voting me in the first 10 hours is going to make me PR slip or be all "yeah I'm actually a wolf goon guys, good catch"? i don't get it
    anything can happen but to take your question more seriously: the way you're responding to me now is the perfect example of what i want to happen. people slip in the smallest of ways and these slips may not be wholly conclusive, but when put together can paint a much larger picture.
    what are you doing with all those banana peels, arlo?
    make a banana boat to sail away from the wolves

  47. ISO #47
    GOAT Tier Esooa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,601
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    CFC
    AKA
    Kirsten
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Gender
    banana boat time

  48. ISO #48
    Wants It More [NSM] Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    5,528
    Community
    NSM, FFR,Smogon, ZeldaDungeon, The Syndicate, 2+2, DailyMafia, elsewhere
    AKA
    bullheaded jackass
    big fan of you in your comic arlo, hows janis doing

    ps, wolves are trying to find prs, don't make their job easier

    pps, if a wolf fake claims vig don't cc, just shoot them
    obvious mechanics is obvious but hey maybe someone doesn't know idk

  49. ISO #49
    Thread Analyst Sonrio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    712
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    epicmafia
    AKA
    Gio
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    ##Vote arlo

  50. ISO #50
    Thread Analyst Sonrio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    712
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    epicmafia
    AKA
    Gio
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Gender
    hi im gay and also town

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  •  

Keyboard Shortcuts

about us
Mafia Universe is a community hub for people who enjoy playing the forum variant of Mafia (also known as Werewolf). We offer fully automated Mafia games and a wide variety of customized features crafted to optimize your game experience. We also proudly host the Internet's only database of Mafia/Werewolf communities.

We hope you stick around!
Role of the Day
Mad Gunman

The Mad Gunman will passively kill a random player if they are ever lynched.