Connoisseur of Spice nutella's Avatar Discord Moderator
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    nominating throne mash 2 for best mash.

this was just an incredible game overall. the ceiling on the performances of this game were very high, with excellent gameplay from the likes of 4maskwolf, fanmail, centuries, and viggorous. the game was also excellently modded and had some great events and setup ideas to boot. just a really solid and fun game overall.

also nominating 4maskwolf for best wolf performance (single player) in throne mash 2.

4mask ended up being this deepest wolf in the game, becoming a consensus villager extremely quickly, and made strategic busses and pushes in order to close the game out in the end. he pocketed an insane amount of villagers and pushed his wincon to the end. this will definitely go down as one of the cleanest wolf games i'll see all year.
    thirdsing
    avatar art credit to chardonnay/bland

3. ISO #53
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    Not interested in explaining to my boss why nominate Fahrtmaster69 is on my Outlook schedule. Fine with this requiring two +1s next week.

Apoc for best individual wolf performance in a mash in The Legend of Zelda. This game was a grand example of why the concept of half-way ruling exists. Swapped into a massive kp slot n0, Apoc grinded out five days of thread control and PR management in a very complicated build to lead the village down the rabbit hole while only bussing the most expendable wolf roles just enough to keep himself above serious scrutiny. He ultimately endgamed accounting for the majority of our team's kills, having managed the bulk of our mech while 1000-posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther
    I thought you were a nerd last week but then I saw you say you play golf and remember you said you chewed so you're some kind of unicorn or something

4. ISO #54
    Timezone
    Community
    Pennsylvania
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Not interested in explaining to my boss why nominate Fahrtmaster69 is on my Outlook schedule. Fine with this requiring two +1s next week.

Apoc for best individual wolf performance in a mash in The Legend of Zelda. This game was a grand example of why the concept of half-way ruling exists. Swapped into a massive kp slot n0, Apoc grinded out five days of thread control and PR management in a very complicated build to lead the village down the rabbit hole while only bussing the most expendable wolf roles just enough to keep himself above serious scrutiny. He ultimately endgamed accounting for the majority of our team's kills, having managed the bulk of our mech while 1000-posting.
    second

5. ISO #55
    Timezone
    AKA
    Goat Cat
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleHaven (#45)
    hopefully this is the right thread this time

Nominating the scumteam (@Alexa, @SchizoAffected and @Transcend) for Best Scum Performance (Small Game) in Mountain Climbing Mafia

With transcend's death on d1, the remaining two scum (schizo and alexa) had to run through the remaining 12 villagers on their own. Luckily a transcend buss had been planned out spectacularly by the other two wolves, basically locking them town until town was forced to re-evaluate. By that time Alexa and Schizo had both towned it up so much that they were found to be town by many players after looking at posts in isolation. Both players did an amazing job of distancing from each other. Alexa in particular is a player with extremely strong town meta who people expect to die quickly in games, which gave her some suspision after a certain point, but she still managed to take home the win for wolves in f3. Schizo sort of seemed like a wildcard at first but they were outragously townie, the highlight of their play might be them hard pushing neopests so desperately and unnecessarily that it pretty much made them universally townread. A wonderful performnace against many strong townies, it deserves this award.
    since transcend is self-banned nominate @Alexa for best scum performance (individual, small game)

will do a write up maybe someday
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleHaven (#284)
    HEY $%#!S
    Since some people obviously don't know this, even though it should be BASIC COMMON SENSE, I guess i have to point it out. if you are PR, and are about to be misyeeted, YOU NEED TO CLAIM. You need to claim with at least 45 seconds, preferably 1 minute left so that people have time to refresh and unvote you. If you claim at 30 seconds, if you claim at 15 seconds, if you don't claim at all, YOU WILL BE MISYEETED. PR staying alive is extremely important for town. There was a post on the general mafia forum about win rates when PR is yeeted D1 in turbos and its 1/14 or some $%#!.

I'm not going to call this gamethrowing, because some new players might not understand how important PR is to a setup, and others come from sites where you can't claim as PR. But please, for the love of god, claim if you're being killed. Thank you.

Copypasta over.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Bowser (#5246)
    Just picture King Bowser wearing baggy cargo pants, and trying to shove an enormous fluffy and supremely enraged kitty into his pockets all game, and all that happens is the cat keeps biting him and clawing him and tearing up his scaly flesh, while hissing and screeching with rage the whole time.

Yet King Bowser is just as stubborn and insists the kitty goes in his pocket, despite numerous failed attempts.

In the end, kitty was never pocketed. Did not survive the process, but left Bowser bloody and shredded and looking quite the fool.

Then everyone else in town is like, dude, Bowser, what happened to your faaaaaace. And your cat.

I uh... cut myself shaving. I'm still totally townie, honest.

That is the legend of Goat Cat.

6. ISO #56
    Timezone
    Community
    epicmafia
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

7. ISO #57
    alien shapeshifter Hally's Avatar Moderator
    Community
    PerC / The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by litten
    hally you have a Wowee addicfion
    Quote Originally Posted by quas
    Name the wowee dog hally
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshal (#15)
    hi im hally
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshal (#26)
    im a big nerd something something gravity falls
    Quote Originally Posted by ran
    How To Tell If Your Hally Is An Alien Shapeshifter:
    - Apply moderate but steady pressure d1 and observe their reaction.
    - If your Hally is genuine, you will notice a distinct morphing of their facial features into an "anime" or "chibi" style resembling the kaomoji (〃>_<;〃), their arms will turn into fingerless drumsticks and begin rapidly vibrating up and down, and they will emit various phrases such as "no bulli!" and "give me space!" and "but why!"
    - On the other hand, if your Hally remains in a photorealistic human form and responds calmly with phrases like "That's unfortunate, but I hope we can work together!" and changes the subject, you have an alien shapeshifter on your hands and should quickly excuse yourself and break the glass on the nearest eod flamethrower.
    Quote Originally Posted by lute (#50)
    182. Bellossom

Bellossom, Bubbles, and @Hally. doing a little flower dance. travel agent who doesn't work on commission. knows she's pretty but loves being reminded. tries to maintain a vegetable garden but isn't very good at it.

A-Tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn (#142)
    Quote Originally Posted by staypositivefriend (#19)
    tfw i cant mindmeld with hally this game
    Quote Originally Posted by jump
    dear professor

i need an extension on this assignment if thats ok thank you so much or i can send you what i have already idk

kind regards
    hally
    Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash (#902)
    when i see hally in the playerlist of a non post cap game

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbae (#442)
    I'm going to apologize for this one in advance but I hope you'll all humor me for a little while. This is a champs level game after all and I can't help but try and post in a way to properly honor the occasion. Who knows when I'll be back in this situation again.

I don't think it's a secret for most of you that my track record in reading Hally has been rather … well … awful thus far in our games. I did have one specific game where I recognized Hally was a villager and confidently (and happily!) let the world know. They flipped wolf. After our Syndicate game together and then Anni (both of which saw me find Hally's eod wolfy and press there) I wanted to make a concentrated effort to finally read that slot correctly.

I spent some time today combing through recent-ish games this year of Hally's. The wolf game on the Org website, the Vig game over on the Syndicate one, and all sorts of mashes/smaller games through MU as well. Rocks fall, Anni, Homestuck, CoV, etc. You get the picture. All in all there were 16 different games I pulled isos from. I then went and ran through the isos extracting all the day one posts from the first half of the day, labeled them as W or V, and ran them through a bit of a homemade database that would do a few different things for me. One of the things was to make a word cloud which would count the number of times each word was used in these isos and make the word larger the more frequently it was used. For example:

Anyways, I separated the wolf isos from the villa isos and then removed things like articles (a, the, in, an, etc) as well as player names as those aren't really super relevant to our investigation and cross referenced them to see if anything word usage stood out as alignment indicative in the top 10 most common words. While there were small word choices favored it didn't seem super significant. What WAS significant were two other things:

One: While specific word choices weren't very telling I did notice a definitely trend of elegance in the wolf isos. The words may change but the idea remained the same. In wolf ISOs Hally had a habit of using larger, more elegant words whereas in the villa ISOs Hally just talked more casually. I'll call these Posts Exceedingly Elegant as we continue.

Two: Villager isos were much more full of observational posts rather than inquisitive ones. The wolf iso was full of open ended questions requesting elaboration. Not just directly to a specific player but also towards the thread at large asking if it saw what Hally was seeing. Meanwhile the villager iso was full of more pointed statement. It was telling the thread what Hally was seeing and making sure everyone understood. The village iso had a higher frequency – by a significant margin – of Posts Of Observation.

Again, I really want to get this right so I didn't stop there. Science isn't science until you write it down after all. I went ahead and charted the percentage of posts as a villager and as a wolf for both posts containing an elegant word and posts making observations. It's a bit crude but here's the quick jot down I made to visualize it:

So I wanted to see how this one was shaping up. Remember, these were all taken from the first half of day one isos which we've made it past here. I went ahead and ran through Hally's iso from this game, plotted the elegance and observational percentages on the chart, and ran the following equation to try and determine the exact percentage chance Hally has at being a wolf:

(Posts Exceedingly Elegant as a wolf)(Posts Exceedingly Elegant here) + (Posts of Observation as a villager)(Posts of Observation here) = the mathematical chance of Hally being a villager here (do 1-this for wolf obv).

Which looks something like this:

(Posts Exceedingly Elegant as a wolf)(Posts Exceedingly Elegant here) + (Posts of Observation as a villager)(Posts of Observation here)

Or written differently

PEEPEE POOPOO

8. ISO #58
    あんた ばか Ampharos's Avatar Administrator
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Smogon | Serenes Forest | EIMM
    AKA
    Amy
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Hi. After some consideration I'm lowering the mandatory postgame waiting period from one week to 24 hours.
    DM Mixolydia#8907 on Discord with any suggestions/comments/complaints/unwarranted compliments (you'll need to friend request me first)
    [6:42 AM] Makaze: people unironically liking amy's themes is tilting

9. ISO #59
    i'll nominate gh for best replacement performance in Zelda Mash

subbed in d3 and crushed it so much that wolves used kp on him first during d3 itself and then killed him the next night when that failed. pushed a bunch of wolves, defended villagers, etc..

10. ISO #60
    five people have died Apoc's Avatar Game Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#58)
    Hi. After some consideration I'm lowering the mandatory postgame waiting period from one week to 24 hours.
    Thank $%#! for that

11. ISO #61
    five people have died Apoc's Avatar Game Manager
    Nominate the Zelda Mash wolf team for best wolf team

It's really rare for villagers to do this nom because they often have no idea just how much work the wolves were actually doing or how much wolves dictated what happened in the game (they are uninformed after all!!).

Then they'll blame a role or setup and just walk away from the game none the wiser...

But this team CRUSHED this game. With the exception of jonnyD I don't think a single wolf died on the village's terms up until N4, when it was already way too late. No boatz role will ever change that fact.

Definitely top 5 teams I've ever been a part of and I've been a part of a lot of good teams!!

I'll probably do a write-up at some point
    Last edited by Apoc; April 6th, 2021 at 04:46 AM.

12. ISO #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc (#61)
    Nominate the Zelda Mash wolf team for best wolf team

It's really rare for villagers to do this nom because they often have no idea just how much work the wolves were actually doing or how much wolves dictated what happened in the game (they are uninformed after all!!).

Then they'll blame a role or setup and just walk away from the game none the wiser...

But this team CRUSHED this game. With the exception of jonnyD I don't think a single wolf died on the village's terms up until N4, when it was already way too late. No boatz role will ever change that fact.

Definitely top 5 teams I've ever been a part of and I've been a part of a lot of good teams!!

I'll probably do a write-up at some point
    i'll second it

13. ISO #63
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleHaven (#55)
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleHaven (#45)
    hopefully this is the right thread this time

Nominating the scumteam (@Alexa, @SchizoAffected and @Transcend) for Best Scum Performance (Small Game) in Mountain Climbing Mafia

With transcend's death on d1, the remaining two scum (schizo and alexa) had to run through the remaining 12 villagers on their own. Luckily a transcend buss had been planned out spectacularly by the other two wolves, basically locking them town until town was forced to re-evaluate. By that time Alexa and Schizo had both towned it up so much that they were found to be town by many players after looking at posts in isolation. Both players did an amazing job of distancing from each other. Alexa in particular is a player with extremely strong town meta who people expect to die quickly in games, which gave her some suspision after a certain point, but she still managed to take home the win for wolves in f3. Schizo sort of seemed like a wildcard at first but they were outragously townie, the highlight of their play might be them hard pushing neopests so desperately and unnecessarily that it pretty much made them universally townread. A wonderful performnace against many strong townies, it deserves this award.
    since transcend is self-banned nominate @Alexa for best scum performance (individual, small game)

will do a write up maybe someday
    Nth

14. ISO #64
    Community
    PerC / The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    if i can nominate teams that i was on, i’ll nominate the villagers in champs test game #1 (esooa, alexa, yoloswag, chelsea, wiml, eliphas, wesmaster160, master radishes, illario, marluxion, wisdom and myself) for best town performance - group (small game)

every villager in the game played very well either in terms of conveying villageriness or having killer reads or both. there wasn’t a single weak link in the bunch. the consensus wasn’t always correct but we listened to each other well and constantly reevaluated our reads to clear villagers in the poe and sniff out the wolves. the result was a sweep with no wolf being voted out with less than six votes. it was just a great team effort through and through
    Last edited by Hally; April 7th, 2021 at 08:45 PM.
    Name the wowee dog hally
    hi im hally
    - If your Hally is genuine, you will notice a distinct morphing of their facial features into an "anime" or "chibi" style resembling the kaomoji (〃>_<;〃), their arms will turn into fingerless drumsticks and begin rapidly vibrating up and down, and they will emit various phrases such as "no bulli!" and "give me space!" and "but why!"
    - On the other hand, if your Hally remains in a photorealistic human form and responds calmly with phrases like "That's unfortunate, but I hope we can work together!" and changes the subject, you have an alien shapeshifter on your hands and should quickly excuse yourself and break the glass on the nearest eod flamethrower.
    182. Bellossom

Bellossom, Bubbles, and @Hally. doing a little flower dance. travel agent who doesn't work on commission. knows she's pretty but loves being reminded. tries to maintain a vegetable garden but isn't very good at it.

A-Tier.
    dear professor

i need an extension on this assignment if thats ok thank you so much or i can send you what i have already idk

kind regards
    hally

I'm going to apologize for this one in advance but I hope you'll all humor me for a little while. This is a champs level game after all and I can't help but try and post in a way to properly honor the occasion. Who knows when I'll be back in this situation again.

I don't think it's a secret for most of you that my track record in reading Hally has been rather … well … awful thus far in our games. I did have one specific game where I recognized Hally was a villager and confidently (and happily!) let the world know. They flipped wolf. After our Syndicate game together and then Anni (both of which saw me find Hally's eod wolfy and press there) I wanted to make a concentrated effort to finally read that slot correctly.

I spent some time today combing through recent-ish games this year of Hally's. The wolf game on the Org website, the Vig game over on the Syndicate one, and all sorts of mashes/smaller games through MU as well. Rocks fall, Anni, Homestuck, CoV, etc. You get the picture. All in all there were 16 different games I pulled isos from. I then went and ran through the isos extracting all the day one posts from the first half of the day, labeled them as W or V, and ran them through a bit of a homemade database that would do a few different things for me. One of the things was to make a word cloud which would count the number of times each word was used in these isos and make the word larger the more frequently it was used. For example:

Anyways, I separated the wolf isos from the villa isos and then removed things like articles (a, the, in, an, etc) as well as player names as those aren't really super relevant to our investigation and cross referenced them to see if anything word usage stood out as alignment indicative in the top 10 most common words. While there were small word choices favored it didn't seem super significant. What WAS significant were two other things:

One: While specific word choices weren't very telling I did notice a definitely trend of elegance in the wolf isos. The words may change but the idea remained the same. In wolf ISOs Hally had a habit of using larger, more elegant words whereas in the villa ISOs Hally just talked more casually. I'll call these Posts Exceedingly Elegant as we continue.

Two: Villager isos were much more full of observational posts rather than inquisitive ones. The wolf iso was full of open ended questions requesting elaboration. Not just directly to a specific player but also towards the thread at large asking if it saw what Hally was seeing. Meanwhile the villager iso was full of more pointed statement. It was telling the thread what Hally was seeing and making sure everyone understood. The village iso had a higher frequency – by a significant margin – of Posts Of Observation.

Again, I really want to get this right so I didn't stop there. Science isn't science until you write it down after all. I went ahead and charted the percentage of posts as a villager and as a wolf for both posts containing an elegant word and posts making observations. It's a bit crude but here's the quick jot down I made to visualize it:

So I wanted to see how this one was shaping up. Remember, these were all taken from the first half of day one isos which we've made it past here. I went ahead and ran through Hally's iso from this game, plotted the elegance and observational percentages on the chart, and ran the following equation to try and determine the exact percentage chance Hally has at being a wolf:

(Posts Exceedingly Elegant as a wolf)(Posts Exceedingly Elegant here) + (Posts of Observation as a villager)(Posts of Observation here) = the mathematical chance of Hally being a villager here (do 1-this for wolf obv).

(Posts Exceedingly Elegant as a wolf)(Posts Exceedingly Elegant here) + (Posts of Observation as a villager)(Posts of Observation here)

Or written differently

PEEPEE POOPOO

15. ISO #65
    Community
    Art of Problem Solving

16. ISO #66
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    CFC
    AKA
    Kirsten
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    if i can nominate teams that i was on, i’ll nominate the villagers in champs test game #1 (esooa, alexa, yoloswag, chelsea, wiml, eliphas, wesmaster160, master radishes, illario, marluxion, wisdom and myself) for best town performance - group (small game)

every villager in the game played very well either in terms of conveying villageriness or having killer reads or both. there wasn’t a single weak link in the bunch. the consensus wasn’t always correct but we listened to each other well and constantly reevaluated our reads to clear villagers in the poe and sniff out the wolves. the result was a sweep with no wolf being voted out with less than six votes. it was just a great team effort through and through
    second
    DkKoba: you're maybe not so much ego, but like, if an ego player had bottom energy lol?

17. ISO #67
    Timezone
    Community
    epicmafia
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    oooooh I didn't realize the waiting period changed!

I want to nominate @Hally for best replacement performance in champ test game #1

Hally subbed into a town slot that was in the POE and probably always going to get lunched day 2, and ended up not only bringing the slot into universal TR territory, but also burying a wolf who was fairly deep in the towncore, contributing greatly to a village sweep!

18. ISO #68
    Community
    PerC / The Syndicate
    Pronouns

I want to nominate @Hally for best replacement performance in champ test game #1

Hally subbed into a town slot that was in the POE and probably always going to get lunched day 2, and ended up not only bringing the slot into universal TR territory, but also burying a wolf who was fairly deep in the towncore, contributing greatly to a village sweep!
    thanks alexa!

Name the wowee dog hally
    hi im hally
    182. Bellossom

A-Tier.
    dear professor

kind regards
    hally

Or written differently

PEEPEE POOPOO

19. ISO #69
    Timezone
    AKA
    Goat Cat
    Pronouns

second!
    HEY $%#!S
    Since some people obviously don't know this, even though it should be BASIC COMMON SENSE, I guess i have to point it out. if you are PR, and are about to be misyeeted, YOU NEED TO CLAIM. You need to claim with at least 45 seconds, preferably 1 minute left so that people have time to refresh and unvote you. If you claim at 30 seconds, if you claim at 15 seconds, if you don't claim at all, YOU WILL BE MISYEETED. PR staying alive is extremely important for town. There was a post on the general mafia forum about win rates when PR is yeeted D1 in turbos and its 1/14 or some $%#!.

I'm not going to call this gamethrowing, because some new players might not understand how important PR is to a setup, and others come from sites where you can't claim as PR. But please, for the love of god, claim if you're being killed. Thank you.

Copypasta over.
    Just picture King Bowser wearing baggy cargo pants, and trying to shove an enormous fluffy and supremely enraged kitty into his pockets all game, and all that happens is the cat keeps biting him and clawing him and tearing up his scaly flesh, while hissing and screeching with rage the whole time.

Yet King Bowser is just as stubborn and insists the kitty goes in his pocket, despite numerous failed attempts.

In the end, kitty was never pocketed. Did not survive the process, but left Bowser bloody and shredded and looking quite the fool.

Then everyone else in town is like, dude, Bowser, what happened to your faaaaaace. And your cat.

20. ISO #70
    Community
    Art of Problem Solving

21. ISO #71
    plinko boards and waterfalls vanity.'s Avatar
    Community
    mafia universe, mafia.gg
    AKA
    van, vanessa, nessa
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by c4e5g3d5 (#70)
    Wait the waiting period changed?

22. ISO #72
    Community
    PerC / The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    Name the wowee dog hally
    hi im hally
    182. Bellossom

A-Tier.
    dear professor

kind regards
    hally

Or written differently

PEEPEE POOPOO

23. ISO #73
    Community
    PerC / The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    Name the wowee dog hally
    hi im hally
    182. Bellossom

A-Tier.
    dear professor

kind regards
    hally

Or written differently

PEEPEE POOPOO

24. ISO #74
    plinko boards and waterfalls vanity.'s Avatar
    Community
    mafia universe, mafia.gg
    AKA
    van, vanessa, nessa
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    nice x post

25. ISO #75
    Community
    Art of Problem Solving
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#72)
    That's how you know you're really behind :/

26. ISO #76
    Timezone
    UTC+03:00
    Community
    ToS
    AKA
    Debil
    i'll nominate gh for best replacement performance in Zelda Mash

subbed in d3 and crushed it so much that wolves used kp on him first during d3 itself and then killed him the next night when that failed. pushed a bunch of wolves, defended villagers, etc..
    second

27. ISO #77
    Community
    MafiaManiac
    Nominating TripleHaven's fake suicide bomber fakeclaim for funniest moment

TH got bored with a stale Esooa wagon that persisted for most of the day and decided to shake things up by using bold brown letters and a little bit of ingenuity. Most people believed she was actually trying to suicide into Marl and was told "nope sorry you can't do that" by the host.

Highlight of this moment is the reaction of Marl who was actually a wolf and surely came close to having a heart attack as he was catching up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett (#1873)
    Insaner living up to his name tbh.

28. ISO #78
    Timezone
    AKA
    Goat Cat
    Pronouns

TH got bored with a stale Esooa wagon that persisted for most of the day and decided to shake things up by using bold brown letters and a little bit of ingenuity. Most people believed she was actually trying to suicide into Marl and was told "nope sorry you can't do that" by the host.

Highlight of this moment is the reaction of Marl who was actually a wolf and surely came close to having a heart attack as he was catching up.

i was also hoping that the suicide bomb would go through because 1. lolbastard and 2. i was sheeping someone (mistyx?) on the marl scumread
    HEY $%#!S

Copypasta over.

29. ISO #79
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

Second

30. ISO #80
    Timezone
    UTC-03:00
    Community
    MafiaLandia
    Nominating Haru Okumura for Best Town Performance - Single Player (Mash)
    in Fourth Annual B4ST4RD Mash - Isekai

In the 5 years I've been on this site I've never made a nomination but Haru killed it so much in this game that she deserves to be nominated at exactly 24 hours and a minute after the game ended.

Haru started the game pretty under the radar, albeit with some decent reads. By the end of D3 tho, she had a hand in the fall of both OwO and Vanity, two of our best players on the wolfteam, by virtue of pushing OwO to death, and being the person to start a shot train at Vanity at ITAs.

Come N3, we thought about killing Haru, but ultimately decided not to, because people would look for wolf KP, and Haru might fit that spot, so we decided to kill people who were either mechclear or had good roles. Big mistake.

Start of D4, wolves are close to sealing the deal, at 4-11, with the catch that we had 3 ppl on the wolfteam who could use KP. ITAs are about to start, and Haru was receiving so much heat that it was agreed she had to make the first shot. And she made the shot that would win town the game. Not only she shot Allund, the wolf dayvig who was somewhat going under people's radar, but immediately after that, she encouraged people to shot me, the other direct wolf KP, when I was considered by most people a very likely villager, and slammed down a bunch of extremely solid arguments on why I was scum.

But there's still more. Inmediatly after she shot the wolf dayvig, we used an ability from a dead mafia that we (both the wolves and townies who read the role) thought would convert a townie into a wolf after a period of time. So, instead of shutting up and being quietly converted to the wolfteam for an easy win, she posts this:

Quote Originally Posted by Haru Okumura (#20670)
    Lissa

Dear Lissa,

We have a problem. In the gacha Triple Haven rolled a 99. Shortly after I received a gift that activated. Based on the reveal of Triple Haven I am almost positive that it is from Triple Haven's role. I have unlocked new abilities and have become a Magical Girl. Triple Haven's role reveal says that players who accept your invitation will succumb to despair eventually and be transformed into a witch. I take this to mean that I will be converted to the mafia faction at an undisclosed time in the future.

Based on math my role is often a 45% day vigilante. I am currently town and am supposed to try and help town win. If I converted to a mafia 45% day vigilante I believe the mafia are going to win. I am impossible to suspect at this time and will get to kill any town I want tomorrow to lock up the game if I convert. I could sit here and be quiet and take my near certain victory in that way but I have poured my soul into the town this game and want to win as town. Not get some cheap asterisk win by converting at the end game.

I think the correct play is for you to kill me. You. A peeked, clear town that cannot get suspicion put on them for the shot. That way poe town and mafia have to shoot into themselves. I say this with full knowledge that it will undo any positive actions I've done this game if I am incorrect. I say this knowing that if I ever play here again I'll be met with copy pastas of this until I put out a halfhearted laugh and pretend to take it on the chin. Flooded messages of game throwing will occur but it is my desire that others factor in the amount of thought I've given this since it happened hours ago. So far this game I've ignored what people would say if I were wrong and followed my magical girl heart and it's lead to correct shots on OwO, Vanity and Allund. None of them were under heavy suspicion when I fired. I must go out believing in myself in the same way.

If this ends the game I know we were so outnumbered that it wouldn't have mattered. If the game is close then losing me is salvageable yet being converted is a disaster. If the game is heavily in our favor then it does not matter and I trust in the town to finish strong.

I think Scumpaltine should boost you and you should shoot me. I will flip town with some convoluted math resulting in a 45% kill every day phase. I still think it's correct.

I hope you remember Haru in death as she lived. Recklessly firing from the hip and yoloing her way to a potential grave.

Yours truly,
    Haru Okumura
    Phantom Thief

PS: let me fire one last shot before I go
    If sacrificing yourself for the sake of the village isn't the most villagery thing ever then I don't know what it is. But Haru's tale doesn't even end there. Village decided to rely on a role that had a chance of preventing the possible conversion, so they decided to go for that so that Haru doesn't have to out. The days pass and the game gets in a pretty weird mechanical situation that it's a bit hard to explain, but every alive player is either mech cleared or peeked... including the last wolf, a godfather. The only player who makes sense as the last wolf at the village's eye, is Haru trough being converted. And while Haru wasn't converted, mechanically the correct play was to yeet her.

And yes, Haru was yeeted, so this might possibly be the only nomination for this category towards a townie who was eliminated. But Haru didn't go down easily, because she spent every moment from that phase solving the game, in a votecount that shows just how much $%#!ing WIM she poured into the game.

31. ISO #81
    Mantichora's Avatar Game Manager
    Community
    MiniMafia

That's 24h

32. ISO #82
    Community
    PerC / The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    Name the wowee dog hally
    hi im hally
    182. Bellossom

A-Tier.
    dear professor

kind regards
    hally

Or written differently

PEEPEE POOPOO

33. ISO #83
    Community
    Flopturnriver

34. ISO #84
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    fifth or whatever, haru goat can be said an unlimited number of times

(also the alt is outed now so ig the nom can go to their main if thats how that should work?)
    Last edited by nutella; April 12th, 2021 at 08:50 PM.

35. ISO #85
    Banned

Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    seconding haru. again. they really deserve the award

36. ISO #86
    Seventh Haru! Haru GOAT!

37. ISO #87
    Timezone
    Community
    MiniMafia
    eighth the Haru nom or whatever it's going to be at by the time I'm done writing this

I wanted to nominate the DUEL OF FATE from BM4 Isekai for funniest/most memorable moment or whatever the category is called now.

An in game event pitted LordQuas (with the Jax Wessso fake jedi character) against The Cryptozoologist (with the Dynast Insidia fake sith empress character) in a lightsaber beamsaber duel. The winner was, of course, determined by the amount of hype the players in the game, in wolf chat, and in the graveyard could generate for either Quas or Crypto. And oh boy did everyone bring their A game.

The event starts here: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...=1#post4814208

It goes from post #18276 to #18655, and it's just non-stop hype posts and memes. Easily one of the most fun events I've seen in a mash, and it was all the participants making it happen rather than something us hosts were doing.

If I remember correctly someone needs to be nominated specifically for this award which is hard because so many players, dead and alive, just killed it. Quas killed it. Crypto killed it. Just everyone.

But, if I had to choose someone out of all of it, I have to go with @Boquise for this absolute masterpiece:

https://www.captiongenerator.com/219...t-vs-Lord-Quas

Just a brutal takedown of the wolves. It was technically submitted outside of the event, but if it had made it before the cutoff it would've single-handedly tipped things in favor of Jax Wesso. Perfection, truly.

38. ISO #88
    Community
    CFC / The Syndicate
    Quote Originally Posted by bearsquared (#87)
    eighth the Haru nom or whatever it's going to be at by the time I'm done writing this

I wanted to nominate the DUEL OF FATE from BM4 Isekai for funniest/most memorable moment or whatever the category is called now.

An in game event pitted LordQuas (with the Jax Wessso fake jedi character) against The Cryptozoologist (with the Dynast Insidia fake sith empress character) in a lightsaber beamsaber duel. The winner was, of course, determined by the amount of hype the players in the game, in wolf chat, and in the graveyard could generate for either Quas or Crypto. And oh boy did everyone bring their A game.

It goes from post #18276 to #18655, and it's just non-stop hype posts and memes. Easily one of the most fun events I've seen in a mash, and it was all the participants making it happen rather than something us hosts were doing.

If I remember correctly someone needs to be nominated specifically for this award which is hard because so many players, dead and alive, just killed it. Quas killed it. Crypto killed it. Just everyone.

But, if I had to choose someone out of all of it, I have to go with @Boquise for this absolute masterpiece:

Just a brutal takedown of the wolves. It was technically submitted outside of the event, but if it had made it before the cutoff it would've single-handedly tipped things in favor of Jax Wesso. Perfection, truly.
    i love this, seconded

39. ISO #89
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Separately nominating both Doctor Neon and Haru Okumura for best lolcats in B4ST4RD M4SH.

Writeups tbd, unless someone else feels like doing them before I get a chance/remember.

40. ISO #90
    Timezone
    Community
    MiniMafia
    Separately nominating both Doctor Neon and Haru Okumura for best lolcats in B4ST4RD M4SH.

Writeups tbd, unless someone else feels like doing them before I get a chance/remember.
    Second

41. ISO #91
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    guillotine
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    I nominate Kurosaki Ichigo for Best Town Performance - Single Player (Mash) in the game Everyone's JOATED: The Guillo & Dawoodle's cut.

The player was the main contributor in finding, casing and leading town to eliminate the last three scum, always keeping a logical and cold head against a very experienced and skillful scum team, who tried everything to discredit Kurososaki Ichigo to no avail, including bit not limited to a fake town reveal.
    Last edited by Guillotina; April 12th, 2021 at 11:09 PM.
    Deck Mafia
    MU Annual Games

BASTARD CHAMPIONS (MARCH)
    OPEN WORLD (JUNE)
    ANIME WORLD (SEPTEMBER)
    VIDEO GAME WORLD (JANUARY)

42. ISO #92
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

1000% seconding this

43. ISO #93
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

second dr neon for we carry dirt

you know the drill

44. ISO #94
    I'm not entirely sure what category to submit this for but if there's some sort of "best group performance" category I'd like to nominate the neighborhood trio of Shad, Lissa, and Hornet in the Bastard mash. I know that we usually think of group performances as neutrals/cult/mafia but I think this would fit well. The trio found themselves in a neighborhood n0 and collectively were able to out one of their members as a wolf during their n0 discussions. On the second day they tried to kill a second member of their group who ended up also being a wolf. Then they completed the following actions:

Shad blocked wolf kill power on two different nights as a doctor/bodyguard.

Hornet shot three different wolves on day 3 and then shot + outed another wolf on day 4 with a triple ITA role.

Lissa peeked the most hidden wolf that happened to also be wolf kill power and then locked the game up by peeking people that didn't die.

Throughout all of this they were able to solve the game with very good reads. Just an all around a+ game.

45. ISO #95
    Community
    mafiamaniac

Reeee-ing into the void and flailing around like a magikarp since 2013

46. ISO #96
    Community
    PerC / The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    I'm not entirely sure what category to submit this for but if there's some sort of "best group performance" category I'd like to nominate the neighborhood trio of Shad, Lissa, and Hornet in the Bastard mash. I know that we usually think of group performances as neutrals/cult/mafia but I think this would fit well. The trio found themselves in a neighborhood n0 and collectively were able to out one of their members as a wolf during their n0 discussions. On the second day they tried to kill a second member of their group who ended up also being a wolf. Then they completed the following actions:

Shad blocked wolf kill power on two different nights as a doctor/bodyguard.

Hornet shot three different wolves on day 3 and then shot + outed another wolf on day 4 with a triple ITA role.

Lissa peeked the most hidden wolf that happened to also be wolf kill power and then locked the game up by peeking people that didn't die.

Throughout all of this they were able to solve the game with very good reads. Just an all around a+ game.
    maybe “best use of a role/mechanic”? since a hood is a mechanic?

i dunno, that doesn’t quite fit though
    Name the wowee dog hally
    hi im hally
    182. Bellossom

A-Tier.
    dear professor

kind regards
    hally

Or written differently

PEEPEE POOPOO

47. ISO #97
    Timezone
    Community
    MiniMafia

@GeneralHankerchief

48. ISO #98
    Community
    MafiaManiac
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillotina (#91)
    I nominate Kurosaki Ichigo for Best Town Performance - Single Player (Mash) in the game Everyone's JOATED: The Guillo & Dawoodle's cut.

The player was the main contributor in finding, casing and leading town to eliminate the last three scum, always keeping a logical and cold head against a very experienced and skillful scum team, who tried everything to discredit Kurososaki Ichigo to no avail, including bit not limited to a fake town reveal.
    Second
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett (#1873)
    Insaner living up to his name tbh.

49. ISO #99
    Timezone
    AKA
    Goat Cat
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillotina (#91)

second this & all the bastard mash noms we've gotten so far
    HEY $%#!S

Copypasta over.

50. ISO #100
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    ninth haru

also +1 for duel of fate and for neon's lolcats
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther
    I thought you were a nerd last week but then I saw you say you play golf and remember you said you chewed so you're some kind of unicorn or something