Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia Universe Awards 2021 - Nominations

1. ISO #101
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#96)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunbae (#94)
    I'm not entirely sure what category to submit this for but if there's some sort of "best group performance" category I'd like to nominate the neighborhood trio of Shad, Lissa, and Hornet in the Bastard mash. I know that we usually think of group performances as neutrals/cult/mafia but I think this would fit well. The trio found themselves in a neighborhood n0 and collectively were able to out one of their members as a wolf during their n0 discussions. On the second day they tried to kill a second member of their group who ended up also being a wolf. Then they completed the following actions:

Shad blocked wolf kill power on two different nights as a doctor/bodyguard.

Hornet shot three different wolves on day 3 and then shot + outed another wolf on day 4 with a triple ITA role.

Lissa peeked the most hidden wolf that happened to also be wolf kill power and then locked the game up by peeking people that didn't die.

Throughout all of this they were able to solve the game with very good reads. Just an all around a+ game.
    maybe “best use of a role/mechanic”? since a hood is a mechanic?

i dunno, that doesn’t quite fit though
    Not trying to toot my own horn, but I think a small group can function in the role/mechanic category depending on the circumstances. We weren't quite masons, but we were certainly coordinating all of our actions privately as a team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther
    I thought you were a nerd last week but then I saw you say you play golf and remember you said you chewed so you're some kind of unicorn or something

2. ISO #102
    Banned

Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

also fwiw i think the hood *might* fall under "use of a power role"? since technically the hood was part our roles? idk lol, it doeent fit cleanly under anything there
    Last edited by Hornet; April 13th, 2021 at 08:32 PM.

3. ISO #103
    Community
    Rajah, The Center
    Seconding all Bastard Mash noms, especially Haru GOAT
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion (#2780)
    psycho

you are a beacon of sanity

4. ISO #104
    five people have died Apoc's Avatar Game Manager
    Nominate Dunya for Best Town Performance in Congress of Vienna (22 Player Role Madness)

It is Day 2.

There are 19 players alive.

5 wolves. 1 lost wolf. 1 3P.

ITAs are happening.

And this is Dunya's shot list. 6/8 anti-town. This means her town list is 10/11 (1 lost wolf).

All 5 pack wolves are on this list...oh and one of them is currently being mistakenly peeked villager...but its role madness...so she adds them anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by dunya (#6048)
    well im caught up. i have work now. cool catchup guys, i feel like i resolved a lot of people today in my catchup (jpic never 3p or wolf, juliets lockest town lock it in, marmot could be pocketing me 0.0005% chance but exists, chloe is wolfin and this is another case of everyone ignoring me like fire&nice in the hydra game that just ended for reasons of tone that i can't defend against but can self resolve, mr wolf somehow despite dya's greencheck, c4 probably misyeet bait from thread environment towards his name in bottom of poe but would like to see the real c4 now that we're in d2 and onwards and not banking on it, alison question marks, dya still town from sod).

so people i could possibly shoot are:

Alison (the doc claim...)
    Apogee (the nook thing was crazy yea, but is there 3p potential?)
    c4e5g3d5 (i disagree with the assessment that w!c4 would struggle with tmi like the accusations say)
    Chloe (everyone shielding her claims)
    Fatmo (idk what to say here, i have a note to iso him he's in my poe because i have no reason for him not to be in my poe)
    Master Radishes (the "green check")
    staypositivefriend (something just not vibing completely with me)
    Timsup2nothin (something exaggerated about how he handled hally imo)
    Easy nom
    Last edited by Apoc; April 23rd, 2021 at 05:35 AM.

5. ISO #105
    alien shapeshifter Hally's Avatar Moderator
    Community
    PerC / The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    gonna wait until the 24 hours are up to second that ^ but hell yes

dunya GOAT
    Quote Originally Posted by litten
    hally you have a Wowee addicfion
    Quote Originally Posted by quas
    Name the wowee dog hally
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshal (#15)
    hi im hally
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshal (#26)
    im a big nerd something something gravity falls
    Quote Originally Posted by ran
    How To Tell If Your Hally Is An Alien Shapeshifter:
    - Apply moderate but steady pressure d1 and observe their reaction.
    - If your Hally is genuine, you will notice a distinct morphing of their facial features into an "anime" or "chibi" style resembling the kaomoji (〃>_<;〃), their arms will turn into fingerless drumsticks and begin rapidly vibrating up and down, and they will emit various phrases such as "no bulli!" and "give me space!" and "but why!"
    - On the other hand, if your Hally remains in a photorealistic human form and responds calmly with phrases like "That's unfortunate, but I hope we can work together!" and changes the subject, you have an alien shapeshifter on your hands and should quickly excuse yourself and break the glass on the nearest eod flamethrower.
    Quote Originally Posted by lute (#50)
    182. Bellossom

Bellossom, Bubbles, and @Hally. doing a little flower dance. travel agent who doesn't work on commission. knows she's pretty but loves being reminded. tries to maintain a vegetable garden but isn't very good at it.

A-Tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn (#142)
    Quote Originally Posted by staypositivefriend (#19)
    tfw i cant mindmeld with hally this game
    Quote Originally Posted by jump
    dear professor

i need an extension on this assignment if thats ok thank you so much or i can send you what i have already idk

kind regards
    hally
    Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash (#902)
    when i see hally in the playerlist of a non post cap game

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbae (#442)
    I'm going to apologize for this one in advance but I hope you'll all humor me for a little while. This is a champs level game after all and I can't help but try and post in a way to properly honor the occasion. Who knows when I'll be back in this situation again.

I don't think it's a secret for most of you that my track record in reading Hally has been rather … well … awful thus far in our games. I did have one specific game where I recognized Hally was a villager and confidently (and happily!) let the world know. They flipped wolf. After our Syndicate game together and then Anni (both of which saw me find Hally's eod wolfy and press there) I wanted to make a concentrated effort to finally read that slot correctly.

I spent some time today combing through recent-ish games this year of Hally's. The wolf game on the Org website, the Vig game over on the Syndicate one, and all sorts of mashes/smaller games through MU as well. Rocks fall, Anni, Homestuck, CoV, etc. You get the picture. All in all there were 16 different games I pulled isos from. I then went and ran through the isos extracting all the day one posts from the first half of the day, labeled them as W or V, and ran them through a bit of a homemade database that would do a few different things for me. One of the things was to make a word cloud which would count the number of times each word was used in these isos and make the word larger the more frequently it was used. For example:

Anyways, I separated the wolf isos from the villa isos and then removed things like articles (a, the, in, an, etc) as well as player names as those aren't really super relevant to our investigation and cross referenced them to see if anything word usage stood out as alignment indicative in the top 10 most common words. While there were small word choices favored it didn't seem super significant. What WAS significant were two other things:

One: While specific word choices weren't very telling I did notice a definitely trend of elegance in the wolf isos. The words may change but the idea remained the same. In wolf ISOs Hally had a habit of using larger, more elegant words whereas in the villa ISOs Hally just talked more casually. I'll call these Posts Exceedingly Elegant as we continue.

Two: Villager isos were much more full of observational posts rather than inquisitive ones. The wolf iso was full of open ended questions requesting elaboration. Not just directly to a specific player but also towards the thread at large asking if it saw what Hally was seeing. Meanwhile the villager iso was full of more pointed statement. It was telling the thread what Hally was seeing and making sure everyone understood. The village iso had a higher frequency – by a significant margin – of Posts Of Observation.

Again, I really want to get this right so I didn't stop there. Science isn't science until you write it down after all. I went ahead and charted the percentage of posts as a villager and as a wolf for both posts containing an elegant word and posts making observations. It's a bit crude but here's the quick jot down I made to visualize it:

So I wanted to see how this one was shaping up. Remember, these were all taken from the first half of day one isos which we've made it past here. I went ahead and ran through Hally's iso from this game, plotted the elegance and observational percentages on the chart, and ran the following equation to try and determine the exact percentage chance Hally has at being a wolf:

(Posts Exceedingly Elegant as a wolf)(Posts Exceedingly Elegant here) + (Posts of Observation as a villager)(Posts of Observation here) = the mathematical chance of Hally being a villager here (do 1-this for wolf obv).

Which looks something like this:

(Posts Exceedingly Elegant as a wolf)(Posts Exceedingly Elegant here) + (Posts of Observation as a villager)(Posts of Observation here)

Or written differently

PEEPEE POOPOO

6. ISO #106
    plinko boards and waterfalls vanity.'s Avatar
    Community
    mafia universe, mafia.gg
    AKA
    van, vanessa, nessa
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    congress of vienna noms incoming

nominating the village in congress of vienna for best village performance (small game). the village overall only miskilled one villager, which was yours truly. 2 if you count kza who desperado'd a villager, but overall the village was just on fire with killing all of the wolves and ended up winning decently decisively in the end if you ask me. just several fantastic performances from all the individual villagers that all contributed to their win, such as dunya, alison, fatmo, juliets, dya, and more.

nominating juliet for best use of a power role in congress of vienna. juliets had a x1 vanillize and also the ability to give the village an extra elimination of her choice every single day. while she did use the first 2 extra eliminations on 2 villagers, her actions for the rest of the game single-handedly won village the game. not only did she vanillize the wolf poisoner, which also blocked his action, but she also put the extra elimination onto another wolf, which resulted in her blundering her claim. of course, to matters better, she put the extra elimination onto the last wolf on the last day, sealing the game for village. just an outstanding use of her pr overall.

nominating alison for best village performance (single player) in congress of vienna. alison was one of the main driving forces of killing wolves in the game. not only did she help kill three wolves early on, she completely slayed in the endgame where she correctly cased the remaining wolves for mostly correct reasons and just did not let up on them at all. just an absolutely brilliant game from her and a great display of powervillaging at its finest.
    Last edited by vanity.; April 23rd, 2021 at 08:48 PM.

7. ISO #107
    Community
    PerC / The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    Nominate Dunya for Best Town Performance in Congress of Vienna (22 Player Role Madness)

It is Day 2.

ITAs are happening.

And this is Dunya's shot list. 6/8 anti-town. This means her town list is 10/11 (1 lost wolf).

All 5 pack wolves are on this list...oh and one of them is currently being mistakenly peeked villager...but its role madness...so she adds them anyway!

well im caught up. i have work now. cool catchup guys, i feel like i resolved a lot of people today in my catchup (jpic never 3p or wolf, juliets lockest town lock it in, marmot could be pocketing me 0.0005% chance but exists, chloe is wolfin and this is another case of everyone ignoring me like fire&nice in the hydra game that just ended for reasons of tone that i can't defend against but can self resolve, mr wolf somehow despite dya's greencheck, c4 probably misyeet bait from thread environment towards his name in bottom of poe but would like to see the real c4 now that we're in d2 and onwards and not banking on it, alison question marks, dya still town from sod).

c4e5g3d5 (i disagree with the assessment that w!c4 would struggle with tmi like the accusations say)
    Fatmo (idk what to say here, i have a note to iso him he's in my poe because i have no reason for him not to be in my poe)
    Easy nom
    Quote Originally Posted by vanity. (#106)

nominating the village in congress of vienna for best village performance in a small game. the village overall only miskilled one villager, which was yours truly. 2 if you count kza who desperado'd a villager, but overall the village was just on fire with killing all of the wolves and ended up winning decently decisively in the end if you ask me. just several fantastic performances from all the individual villagers that all contributed to their win, such as dunya, alison, fatmo, juliets, dya, and more.

nominating juliet for best use of a power role in congress of vienna. juliets had a x1 vanillize and also the ability to give the village an extra elimination of her choice every single day. while she did use the first 2 extra eliminations on 2 villagers, her actions for the rest of the game single-handedly won village the game. not only did she vanillize the wolf poisoner, which also blocked his action, but she also put the extra elimination onto another wolf, which resulted in her blundering her claim. of course, to matters better, she put the extra elimination onto the last wolf on the last day, sealing the game for village. just an outstanding use of her pr overall.

nominating alison for best village performance in congress of vienna. alison was one of the main driving forces of killing wolves in the game. not only did she help kill three wolves early on, she completely slayed in the endgame where she correctly cased the remaining wolves for mostly correct reasons and just did not let up on them at all. just an absolutely brilliant game from her and a great display of powervillaging at its finest.
    seconding all of these
    Name the wowee dog hally
    hi im hally
    - If your Hally is genuine, you will notice a distinct morphing of their facial features into an "anime" or "chibi" style resembling the kaomoji (〃>_<;〃), their arms will turn into fingerless drumsticks and begin rapidly vibrating up and down, and they will emit various phrases such as "no bulli!" and "give me space!" and "but why!"
    - On the other hand, if your Hally remains in a photorealistic human form and responds calmly with phrases like "That's unfortunate, but I hope we can work together!" and changes the subject, you have an alien shapeshifter on your hands and should quickly excuse yourself and break the glass on the nearest eod flamethrower.
    182. Bellossom

Bellossom, Bubbles, and @Hally. doing a little flower dance. travel agent who doesn't work on commission. knows she's pretty but loves being reminded. tries to maintain a vegetable garden but isn't very good at it.

A-Tier.
    dear professor

i need an extension on this assignment if thats ok thank you so much or i can send you what i have already idk

kind regards
    hally

I'm going to apologize for this one in advance but I hope you'll all humor me for a little while. This is a champs level game after all and I can't help but try and post in a way to properly honor the occasion. Who knows when I'll be back in this situation again.

I don't think it's a secret for most of you that my track record in reading Hally has been rather … well … awful thus far in our games. I did have one specific game where I recognized Hally was a villager and confidently (and happily!) let the world know. They flipped wolf. After our Syndicate game together and then Anni (both of which saw me find Hally's eod wolfy and press there) I wanted to make a concentrated effort to finally read that slot correctly.

I spent some time today combing through recent-ish games this year of Hally's. The wolf game on the Org website, the Vig game over on the Syndicate one, and all sorts of mashes/smaller games through MU as well. Rocks fall, Anni, Homestuck, CoV, etc. You get the picture. All in all there were 16 different games I pulled isos from. I then went and ran through the isos extracting all the day one posts from the first half of the day, labeled them as W or V, and ran them through a bit of a homemade database that would do a few different things for me. One of the things was to make a word cloud which would count the number of times each word was used in these isos and make the word larger the more frequently it was used. For example:

Anyways, I separated the wolf isos from the villa isos and then removed things like articles (a, the, in, an, etc) as well as player names as those aren't really super relevant to our investigation and cross referenced them to see if anything word usage stood out as alignment indicative in the top 10 most common words. While there were small word choices favored it didn't seem super significant. What WAS significant were two other things:

One: While specific word choices weren't very telling I did notice a definitely trend of elegance in the wolf isos. The words may change but the idea remained the same. In wolf ISOs Hally had a habit of using larger, more elegant words whereas in the villa ISOs Hally just talked more casually. I'll call these Posts Exceedingly Elegant as we continue.

Two: Villager isos were much more full of observational posts rather than inquisitive ones. The wolf iso was full of open ended questions requesting elaboration. Not just directly to a specific player but also towards the thread at large asking if it saw what Hally was seeing. Meanwhile the villager iso was full of more pointed statement. It was telling the thread what Hally was seeing and making sure everyone understood. The village iso had a higher frequency – by a significant margin – of Posts Of Observation.

Again, I really want to get this right so I didn't stop there. Science isn't science until you write it down after all. I went ahead and charted the percentage of posts as a villager and as a wolf for both posts containing an elegant word and posts making observations. It's a bit crude but here's the quick jot down I made to visualize it:

So I wanted to see how this one was shaping up. Remember, these were all taken from the first half of day one isos which we've made it past here. I went ahead and ran through Hally's iso from this game, plotted the elegance and observational percentages on the chart, and ran the following equation to try and determine the exact percentage chance Hally has at being a wolf:

(Posts Exceedingly Elegant as a wolf)(Posts Exceedingly Elegant here) + (Posts of Observation as a villager)(Posts of Observation here) = the mathematical chance of Hally being a villager here (do 1-this for wolf obv).

(Posts Exceedingly Elegant as a wolf)(Posts Exceedingly Elegant here) + (Posts of Observation as a villager)(Posts of Observation here)

Or written differently

PEEPEE POOPOO

8. ISO #108
    Community
    PerC / The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    i’m also gonna go ahead and nominate congress of vienna for best small game

i can’t overstate how fun this game was. the mechanics were both very interesting and also very enjoyable. the setup was well-designed and was extremely creative while still being fun and not veering into bastard stuff too much. the hosts were really involved and did a great job fostering a positive environment in the thread. the flavor was great. the players were really fun to play with and everyone on all three teams played extremely well. it was everything you want a mafia game to be

dobby, dawoodle and apoc GOAT
    Last edited by Hally; April 23rd, 2021 at 08:42 PM.
    Name the wowee dog hally
    hi im hally
    182. Bellossom

A-Tier.
    dear professor

kind regards
    hally

Or written differently

PEEPEE POOPOO

9. ISO #109
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    Fortress of Lies
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

i can’t overstate how fun this game was. the mechanics were both very interesting and also very enjoyable. the setup was well-designed and was extremely creative while still being fun and not veering into bastard stuff too much. the hosts were really involved and did a great job fostering a positive environment in the thread. the flavor was great. the players were really fun to play with and everyone on all three teams played extremely well. it was everything you want a mafia game to be

seconding this for sure

10. ISO #110
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    FoL
    AKA
    kat
    Pronouns
    any
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#107)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc (#104)

It is Day 2.

ITAs are happening.

Easy nom

nominating the village in congress of vienna for best village performance in a small game. the village overall only miskilled one villager, which was yours truly. 2 if you count kza who desperado'd a villager, but overall the village was just on fire with killing all of the wolves and ended up winning decently decisively in the end if you ask me. just several fantastic performances from all the individual villagers that all contributed to their win, such as dunya, alison, fatmo, juliets, dya, and more.

nominating alison for best village performance in congress of vienna. alison was one of the main driving forces of killing wolves in the game. not only did she help kill three wolves early on, she completely slayed in the endgame where she correctly cased the remaining wolves for mostly correct reasons and just did not let up on them at all. just an absolutely brilliant game from her and a great display of powervillaging at its finest.
    seconding all of these
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#108)

seconding/thirding all of this

the town was goated. so many great players, great plays all around...

any point i tried to tinfoil alison i'd read her ISO and realize that she was either hellbussing to ridiculous extents or just... not a wolf. basically correct on every account after some point, for the right reasons most of the time

and juliets marks were all extremely village motivated (i disagreed with the spf one at the time, but hindsight tells me i was stupid for that) but despite me being convinced that "if it was village KP, it'd have been claimed by now" i still strongly struggled to find a good reason that wasn't just flat out tinfoil to justify it not being village aligned, especially once the 3ps died. and thats not even counting the clutch vanillization of the scum poisoner... just great usage overall

game was sick. great hosting, great gameplay, great experience, great playerlist, great setup... tiny hiccup here and there, but the positives outweigh the negatives sooooooooooooo many times over.

Quote Originally Posted by Arapocalypse (#2181)
    ...meow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa (#10803)
    REVEAL (PART SEVEN)

In first place and winning the Mafia Championship with 99 points is...

@katze (Throne of Lies)!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshal (#174)
    tl;dr: kat called my $%#! small, I townread it
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#39)
    what if kat is vt

would she throw like this

Quote Originally Posted by Transcend (#217)
    Quote Originally Posted by Transcend (#160)
    Quote Originally Posted by katze (#42)
    ##Vote Sleep

im tired and feel like staying in bed

also we don’t have enough info to execute someone d1 or something
    This immediately pings me a bit. Partially because i know it's not smart but also seems like he doesn't wanna step on toes so early.
    Yo katze

I feel like this might have been a joke post

But also i feel like there's some truth behind every joke and I just got pinged by this

So can you tell me the rationale behind this post?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marluxion (#714)
    Katze is uwu
    Quote Originally Posted by illario (#2944)
    Pretty sure Katze is just an innocent memer gamer girl who likes to joke around and play seriously as well and genuinely gets upset when her jokes are taken seriously and her seriousness is taken as jokes

And if she’s maf then she’s just a borderline sociopath memer girl whose jokes are just lies and her seriousness are just lies and everything about her is a lie and if she flips maf this game and I see her say anything remotely scummy in a future game I’m just gonna death tunnel her to the ends of the earth regardless of how genuine her posts may feel
    Quote Originally Posted by AYAYA (#6543)
    signing my posts makes me feel subhuman

- chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunal33 (#238)
    you're not a reliable source of redcheck yet
    Quote Originally Posted by nutella
    i looked away for five minutes and katze faked a red?
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaze (#5)
    Why are you doing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#11644)
    katze how the hell do you have 225 posts in a dead end phase

11. ISO #111
    Banned

Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

12. ISO #112
    Community
    Art of Problem Solving
    everyone on all three teams played extremely well.
    :,D

13. ISO #113
    Community
    Art of Problem Solving
    Nominating Chloe for Best Scum/3p Performance - Single Player (Small Game) in Congress of Vienna

The great thing about 3ps is that you have a whole extra faction reading you. For this game, that meant Chloe had to fool a whole 6 extra players.

Holy $%#!.

3p and WIM are two things you rarely see in the same sentence, let alone place. Chloe brought more WIM than most of the townies. It would've been an amazing game she played from any alignment, and that it came from a 3p with her partner caught D1 is mind-boggling.
    Last edited by c4e5g3d5; April 23rd, 2021 at 09:37 PM.

14. ISO #114
    Community
    PerC / The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by c4e5g3d5 (#113)
    Nominating Chloe for Best Scum/3p Performance - Single Player (Small Game) in Congress of Vienna

The great thing about 3ps is that you have a whole extra faction reading you. For this game, that meant Chloe had to fool a whole 6 extra players.

Holy $%#!.

3p and WIM are two things you rarely see in the same sentence, let alone place. Chloe brought more WIM than most of the townies. It would've been an amazing game she played from any alignment, and that it came from a 3p with her partner caught D1 is mind-boggling.
    second
    Name the wowee dog hally
    hi im hally
    182. Bellossom

A-Tier.
    dear professor

kind regards
    hally

Or written differently

PEEPEE POOPOO

15. ISO #115
    Connoisseur of Spice nutella's Avatar Discord Moderator
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    thirding/etc literally all of the vienna noms
    avatar art credit to chardonnay/bland

16. ISO #116
    scary pink lady staypositivefriend's Avatar Moderator
    Timezone
    UTC+08:00
    Community
    Epicmafia
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    seconding/thirding/etc all congress of vienna nominations. one of the most intense/memorable games in recent memory!

17. ISO #117
    Community
    PerC / The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    i’d say our congress of vienna was more successful than the first one
    Last edited by Hally; April 23rd, 2021 at 10:12 PM.
    Name the wowee dog hally
    hi im hally
    182. Bellossom

A-Tier.
    dear professor

kind regards
    hally

Or written differently

PEEPEE POOPOO

18. ISO #118
    Timezone
    Community
    FoL
    AKA
    kat
    Pronouns
    any
    Quote Originally Posted by c4e5g3d5 (#113)

Holy $%#!.

thirding/fourthing/whatevering.

this is also disregarding the fact that their targeting was pretty good?

she had a decent mix of villagers who were kept alive + mafia targeted, so no matter the direction of the game, she was basically always 1-2 nights from winning after a point

it took the wolves rolecopping her, a villager directly CCing her, and literally the entire wolfteam to pile on to her for her to get voted out. if she didn't get unlucky and claim alisons exact role, im pretty sure the wolves are forced to NK her/literally openwolf to out her the next day. super unlucky, insanely villagery play by her. even after the direct CC i was struggling to find it in me for me to vote her until she folded herself.

yes. im biased. chloe good.

Quote Originally Posted by Arapocalypse (#2181)
    ...meow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa (#10803)
    REVEAL (PART SEVEN)

In first place and winning the Mafia Championship with 99 points is...

@katze (Throne of Lies)!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshal (#174)
    tl;dr: kat called my $%#! small, I townread it
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally (#39)
    what if kat is vt

would she throw like this

Quote Originally Posted by Transcend (#217)
    Quote Originally Posted by Transcend (#160)
    Quote Originally Posted by katze (#42)
    ##Vote Sleep

im tired and feel like staying in bed

also we don’t have enough info to execute someone d1 or something
    This immediately pings me a bit. Partially because i know it's not smart but also seems like he doesn't wanna step on toes so early.
    Yo katze

I feel like this might have been a joke post

But also i feel like there's some truth behind every joke and I just got pinged by this

So can you tell me the rationale behind this post?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marluxion (#714)
    Katze is uwu
    Quote Originally Posted by illario (#2944)
    Pretty sure Katze is just an innocent memer gamer girl who likes to joke around and play seriously as well and genuinely gets upset when her jokes are taken seriously and her seriousness is taken as jokes

And if she’s maf then she’s just a borderline sociopath memer girl whose jokes are just lies and her seriousness are just lies and everything about her is a lie and if she flips maf this game and I see her say anything remotely scummy in a future game I’m just gonna death tunnel her to the ends of the earth regardless of how genuine her posts may feel
    Quote Originally Posted by AYAYA (#6543)
    signing my posts makes me feel subhuman

- chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunal33 (#238)
    you're not a reliable source of redcheck yet
    Quote Originally Posted by nutella
    i looked away for five minutes and katze faked a red?
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaze (#5)
    Why are you doing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos (#11644)
    katze how the hell do you have 225 posts in a dead end phase

19. ISO #119
    Community
    Art of Problem Solving

20. ISO #120
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    I'm endorsing all Congress of Vienna noms.

I can't overstate how well dunya played. She was super accurate in virtually all her reads and there's no doubt in my mind that she would have easily carried the game if she hadn't been killed for being too right. To be honest she ended up carrying anyway because her legacy shielded two townies that would otherwise be POE'd (Marmot and juliets) and forced scum into a very tight box where their designated misexes just became clears because of dunya's insistence that they were town. Chloe was a force of nature as 3P. I directly counterclaimed her and still hesitated to vote her because of how damn townie she was.

I'm not sure which category for this is most appropriate, but Ranmilia and Apogee showed immense fighting spirit and played optimally up until the very end, using every trick in the book to try to scrape out a win even when everyone else was mech confirmed. Ballsy plays like Ranmilia's scum claim and the two of them concocting an entirely fictitious 3P faction to make town fear and doubt their own conclusions are excellent mafia play and should be rewarded.

I've already seconded the juliets nom but I will point out I think she played both part of her role EXTREMELY well. With a single vanillaizer shot she simultaneously permanently denied scum their second KP as well as outed their poisoner, and her gladiator role essentially gave town free dayvigs: even though she wasn't allowed to claim it and we all thought it might be a scum ability because no townie would claim the role, she used it to town's advantage and allowed us to gain victory off it.
    There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.

21. ISO #121
    Connoisseur of Spice nutella's Avatar Discord Moderator
    Timezone
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    I've already seconded the juliets nom but I will point out I think she played both part of her role EXTREMELY well. With a single vanillaizer shot she simultaneously permanently denied scum their second KP as well as outed their poisoner, and her gladiator role essentially gave town free dayvigs: even though she wasn't allowed to claim it and we all thought it might be a scum ability because no townie would claim the role, she used it to town's advantage and allowed us to gain victory off it.

yeah I wanna emphasize that it must have been INCREDIBLY frustrating for her not being allowed to claim it, especially when the consensus turned toward assuming it was an anti-town role and this could have added a layer of wifom to it but it ended up working out
    avatar art credit to chardonnay/bland

22. ISO #122

nominating the village in congress of vienna for best village performance (small game
    You guys are obviously on a high from winning a game which (imo) could easily have gone either way

But without being too harsh (you can read DVC during day 1 & 2 for that )...
    I'm not even sure you guys were the best team in this game, let alone a team of the year.

D1 in particular was a crime against the game of werewolf.
    Some very good play from 2 or 3 villagers dug you guys out (along with a large helping of mech/claims which probably prevented about 6 misyeets).

Sorry
    Last edited by Apoc; April 24th, 2021 at 06:26 AM.

23. ISO #123

Juliet must be one of the only players to avoid villages flash-wagon & mass claim strategy...which was really amazing as she had one of the only unclaimable roles so i shudder to think what ye would have done to her if she wasnt posting so well

The game itself was full of great people and looked extremely pleasant/fun for everyone involved

24. ISO #124
    You guys are obviously on a high from winning a game which (imo) could easily have gone either way
    this is 95% of all noms and why the rule to make people wait was put in :P

(granted people would still make the noms anyway)

25. ISO #125
    Community
    CFC / The Syndicate
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoc (#122)

nominating the village in congress of vienna for best village performance (small game

I'm not even sure you guys were the best team in this game, let alone a team of the year.

Some very good play from 2 or 3 villagers dug you guys out (along with a large helping of mech/claims which probably prevented about 6 misyeets).

Sorry
    Nominations don't obligate you to vote for them when the time comes. I am not sure why it's necessary to "set someone straight" and drag a whole bunch of people. Let people feel good about themselves.

26. ISO #126
    I didn't read it as unnecessary dragging, always teachable moments to improve everyones play in every game

I got nominated for a best team award in a game where I played "meh" and did obvious moves at best and got carried by a teammate, feels like a bit devalued?

I guess I don't care about these awards much though so I don't know why I'm writing this
    Last edited by SchizoAffected; April 24th, 2021 at 12:57 PM.

27. ISO #127
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    If we can't talk about what qualifies as good play in the thread where we decide who the best players are then why are we doing this.
    I thought you were a nerd last week but then I saw you say you play golf and remember you said you chewed so you're some kind of unicorn or something

28. ISO #128
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    If we can't talk about what qualifies as good play in the thread where we decide who the best players are then why are we doing this.
    there's a difference between talking about what qualifies as a good play and dumping on something that's perceived as bad play, and i think this falls into the latter easily

first is fine, second should be avoided imo

29. ISO #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistyx (#128)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad (#127)
    there's a difference between talking about what qualifies as a good play and dumping on something that's perceived as bad play, and i think this falls into the latter easily

Why?

30. ISO #130
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by SchizoAffected (#129)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistyx (#128)

Why?
    because it's literally in the rules?

code of conduct rule 7 - don't mock people's perceived skill or performance in a game

31. ISO #131
    Community
    CFC / The Syndicate
    Because it's not up to you. Other people think it was good play. It got nominated, seconded. That you think (well, not you you, but a general you) it was actually garbo is irrelevant. What gain is there in trying to convince someone they've nominated bad play? What's the end goal there? "You're right, we actually sucked. Thanks. Nomination rescinded"?
    Last edited by Syn; April 24th, 2021 at 01:14 PM.

32. ISO #132
    Community
    PerC / The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    i think we should keep the discussion focused on talking positively about the nominees. that’s the purpose of this thread. if people disagree with a nomination, just don’t vote for it when the time comes
    Name the wowee dog hally
    hi im hally
    182. Bellossom

A-Tier.
    dear professor

kind regards
    hally

Or written differently

PEEPEE POOPOO

33. ISO #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistyx (#130)

code of conduct rule 7 - don't mock people's perceived skill or performance in a game
    There's a difference between mocking someone and pointing out qualitative "good" or "bad" without being toxic. Preferably constructively, but there's more to learn from mistakes than there is from glorifying everything if you want to grow as a player. (That said, I'm the player I am today because I was flamed, not that I appreciate that vibe anymore.)

34. ISO #134
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by SchizoAffected (#133)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistyx (#130)

There's a difference between mocking someone and pointing out qualitative "good" or "bad" without being toxic. Preferably constructively, but there's more to learn from mistakes than there is from glorifying everything if you want to grow as a player. (That said, I'm the player I am today because I was flamed, not that I appreciate that vibe anymore.)
    i didn't say don't point out bad play if you see it (i do think this isn't the place for doing that for what it's worth)

but i think there's a difference between constructively criticizing play and just bashing it

35. ISO #135
    I don't disagree with you there, but I don't think Apoc was trying to bash anyone.

36. ISO #136
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by SchizoAffected (#135)
    I don't disagree with you there, but I don't think Apoc was trying to bash anyone.
    i dont think theres much positivity to be gained from "this was a crime against the game of werewolf"

37. ISO #137
    Community
    MU, 2+2
    MU has ascended to the level of toxic anti-toxicity. Can we just stick to reminding people that this thread is not for critiquing nominations instead of diving like vultures any time someone forgets?

38. ISO #138
    Community
    Art of Problem Solving
    toxic anti-toxicity
    We've reached critical mass.

39. ISO #139
    Community
    MU, 2+2

40. ISO #140
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    guillotine
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

Sorry
    Nominations don't obligate you to vote for them when the time comes. I am not sure why it's necessary to "set someone straight" and drag a whole bunch of people. Let people feel good about themselves.
    Because the nominations are not for that, this is turning into a popularity contest rather than an event where true great play is awarded.
    Deck Mafia
    MU Annual Games

BASTARD CHAMPIONS (MARCH)
    OPEN WORLD (JUNE)
    ANIME WORLD (SEPTEMBER)
    VIDEO GAME WORLD (JANUARY)

41. ISO #141
    Community
    CFC / The Syndicate
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillotina (#140)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn (#125)

Sorry
    Because the nominations are not for that, this is turning into a popularity contest rather than an event where true great play is awarded.
    It's unfortunate your opinion of your fellow players is so low.

42. ISO #142
    i think we should keep the discussion focused on talking positively about the nominees. that’s the purpose of this thread. if people disagree with a nomination, just don’t vote for it when the time comes
    It's impossible to keep up with the number of games on this site these days to ever possibly have enough of an opinion to make a real vote at the end of the year

If we allow people to rewrite history in post-game just because they got the win and in 9 months time the only thing people know about a game is a heavily biased write-up...then whats the $%#!ing point tbh.

Normally i would not knock any nom, because everyone is right... that's not really fun and i felt bad writing it...but this one is just too egregious to let go...like, i just can't even stress that enough...

I feel like i should just be MORE honest here, but then people will just be MORE upset

I don't even know what else to say tbh.

That nom is, misguided? I guess is the nicest way to describe it

43. ISO #143
    I probably wont come back to this thread again

Gl everyone

44. ISO #144
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Fortress of Lies
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    I don't know how it works on MU but on my homesite we have a "no self-nominating" rule that extends to nominating and seconding teams you were a part of, I feel like something like that would resolve this issue because presumably a team that can get two people not on it to support it being nominated is not so awful as to be undeserving of a space on the ballot

45. ISO #145
    Community
    PerC / The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    I don't know how it works on MU but on my homesite we have a "no self-nominating" rule that extends to nominating and seconding teams you were a part of, I feel like something like that would resolve this issue because presumably a team that can get two people not on it to support it being nominated is not so awful as to be undeserving of a space on the ballot
    we have a no self-nominating rule for individual categories. i would personally be in favor of extending it to team nominations as well, but amy has the final say. you can suggest that in the feedback thread here:

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...gestion-Thread

let’s try to keep this thread focused on nominations please just so it doesn’t become too cluttered
    Last edited by Hally; April 25th, 2021 at 02:36 PM.
    Name the wowee dog hally
    hi im hally
    182. Bellossom

A-Tier.
    dear professor

kind regards
    hally

Or written differently

PEEPEE POOPOO

46. ISO #146
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    guillotine
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    It's unfortunate your opinion of your fellow players is so low.
    It's unfortunate that you are willing to misrepresent what is said by your friends just so can get to say you are right.

I'm sorry Syn but nominations are not feel-good subjects. You wanna make someone feel good about their play? Do it after game in the Deadchat or Spectator chat, approach them privately and praise their play. Nominations should be specially selective or they lose their importance. You can't honestly tell me that every town, scum or third party win deserves a nomination, they don't, only exceptional great play should.
    Deck Mafia
    MU Annual Games

OPEN WORLD (JUNE)
    ANIME WORLD (SEPTEMBER)

47. ISO #147
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    guillotine
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillotina (#25)
    Nominating for best Town Performance in a small game, the town crew from Team Mafia 2021.

Rescinding this nomination because I was part of that team and even though we swept the mafia faction in that game, it should be others with no bias nominating it.
    Deck Mafia
    MU Annual Games

OPEN WORLD (JUNE)
    ANIME WORLD (SEPTEMBER)

48. ISO #148
    Community
    Kings Landing

Sorry
    The awards are indeed a popularity contest and I think its important to think of it as such its really just a fun event where enjoyable players and moments are celebrated and relived in good company anf in the spirit of having fun in a semi competitive game. MU is not highly competitive and the awards likewise. Its all fun n games

49. ISO #149
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Community
    Neoseeker
    God bless @Hally@'s noble sacrifice for town mech clearing four villagers in the process.

50. ISO #150
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

Sorry
    Sometimes that's the difference between a team victory and a disconjugated loss.