Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Mafia Universe Awards 2021 - Nominations

1. ISO #401
    Community
    Art of Problem Solving
    Oh $%#! lol that was one of the "I'm sure this was nominated but I can't find the second" ones

Same alt question about Biohaz? All the others I'm pretty sure either are mains or already have the mains listed
    Last edited by c4e5g3d5; October 24th, 2021 at 09:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatmo (#848)
    Wht is play by discovery. Lol you discover if the person you flip each day is scum or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by staypositivefriend (#8254)
    i'm gonna go on a walk and i'm gonna buy chicken nuggets. $%#! it all
    Quote Originally Posted by Marluxion (#8282)
    Where did the good vibes go
    Quote Originally Posted by Marluxion (#8284)
    Scum literally nightkilled the good vibes
    Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash (#764)

2. ISO #402
    Community
    Art of Problem Solving
    @Hally updated with Guillo's Tactics 2 nom
    Wht is play by discovery. Lol you discover if the person you flip each day is scum or not.

3. ISO #403
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    guillotine
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by c4e5g3d5 (#401)
    Oh $%#! lol that was one of the "I'm sure this was nominated but I can't find the second" ones

Same alt question about Biohaz? All the others I'm pretty sure either are mains or already have the mains listed
    Biohaz is a main. He comes from FoL
    Deck Mafia
    MU Annual Games

BASTARD CHAMPIONS (MARCH)
    OPEN WORLD (JUNE)
    ANIME WORLD (SEPTEMBER)
    VIDEO GAME WORLD (JANUARY)

4. ISO #404
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by c4e5g3d5 (#399)
    Anyone know if Doctor Neon was an alt/if so who?
    yes, silverkeith

5. ISO #405
    Community
    Art of Problem Solving
    Quote Originally Posted by c4e5g3d5 (#399)
    Anyone know if Doctor Neon was an alt/if so who?
    yes, silverkeith
    @Hally this has been added and this should be the last ping you get from me tonight unless one of a myriad of other possible errors is found

6. ISO #406
    Community
    Art of Problem Solving
    I lied @Hally I left out the entire bop MVP nomination I didn't even see wiggles' post
    Also swapped Jaleb's bop/UD nom for Dobby's since Jaleb's was technically ineligible at the time

Un-seconded nominations:
    TH Open World 1 best small scum game (nommed by Guillo)
    Ranmillia CoV best small scum game (nommed by Alison)
    Apogee CoV best small scum game (nommed by Alison)
    Lowercase shad for most enjoyable (nommed by Guillo)

Let me know if I missed any of these getting seconded

7. ISO #407
    alien shapeshifter Hally's Avatar Moderator
    Community
    PerC / The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by c4e5g3d5 (#406)
    I lied @Hally I left out the entire bop MVP nomination I didn't even see wiggles' post
    Also swapped Jaleb's bop/UD nom for Dobby's since Jaleb's was technically ineligible at the time

Un-seconded nominations:
    TH Open World 1 best small scum game (nommed by Guillo)
    Ranmillia CoV best small scum game (nommed by Alison)
    Apogee CoV best small scum game (nommed by Alison)
    Lowercase shad for most enjoyable (nommed by Guillo)

Let me know if I missed any of these getting seconded
    i second all of these
    Quote Originally Posted by litten
    hally you have a Wowee addicfion
    Quote Originally Posted by quas
    Name the wowee dog hally
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshal (#15)
    hi im hally
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshal (#26)
    im a big nerd something something gravity falls
    Quote Originally Posted by ran
    How To Tell If Your Hally Is An Alien Shapeshifter:
    - Apply moderate but steady pressure d1 and observe their reaction.
    - If your Hally is genuine, you will notice a distinct morphing of their facial features into an "anime" or "chibi" style resembling the kaomoji (〃>_<;〃), their arms will turn into fingerless drumsticks and begin rapidly vibrating up and down, and they will emit various phrases such as "no bulli!" and "give me space!" and "but why!"
    - On the other hand, if your Hally remains in a photorealistic human form and responds calmly with phrases like "That's unfortunate, but I hope we can work together!" and changes the subject, you have an alien shapeshifter on your hands and should quickly excuse yourself and break the glass on the nearest eod flamethrower.
    Quote Originally Posted by lute (#50)
    182. Bellossom

Bellossom, Bubbles, and @Hally. doing a little flower dance. travel agent who doesn't work on commission. knows she's pretty but loves being reminded. tries to maintain a vegetable garden but isn't very good at it.

A-Tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn (#142)
    Quote Originally Posted by staypositivefriend (#19)
    tfw i cant mindmeld with hally this game
    Quote Originally Posted by jump
    dear professor

i need an extension on this assignment if thats ok thank you so much or i can send you what i have already idk

kind regards
    hally
    Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash (#902)
    when i see hally in the playerlist of a non post cap game

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbae (#442)
    I'm going to apologize for this one in advance but I hope you'll all humor me for a little while. This is a champs level game after all and I can't help but try and post in a way to properly honor the occasion. Who knows when I'll be back in this situation again.

I don't think it's a secret for most of you that my track record in reading Hally has been rather … well … awful thus far in our games. I did have one specific game where I recognized Hally was a villager and confidently (and happily!) let the world know. They flipped wolf. After our Syndicate game together and then Anni (both of which saw me find Hally's eod wolfy and press there) I wanted to make a concentrated effort to finally read that slot correctly.

I spent some time today combing through recent-ish games this year of Hally's. The wolf game on the Org website, the Vig game over on the Syndicate one, and all sorts of mashes/smaller games through MU as well. Rocks fall, Anni, Homestuck, CoV, etc. You get the picture. All in all there were 16 different games I pulled isos from. I then went and ran through the isos extracting all the day one posts from the first half of the day, labeled them as W or V, and ran them through a bit of a homemade database that would do a few different things for me. One of the things was to make a word cloud which would count the number of times each word was used in these isos and make the word larger the more frequently it was used. For example:

Anyways, I separated the wolf isos from the villa isos and then removed things like articles (a, the, in, an, etc) as well as player names as those aren't really super relevant to our investigation and cross referenced them to see if anything word usage stood out as alignment indicative in the top 10 most common words. While there were small word choices favored it didn't seem super significant. What WAS significant were two other things:

One: While specific word choices weren't very telling I did notice a definitely trend of elegance in the wolf isos. The words may change but the idea remained the same. In wolf ISOs Hally had a habit of using larger, more elegant words whereas in the villa ISOs Hally just talked more casually. I'll call these Posts Exceedingly Elegant as we continue.

Two: Villager isos were much more full of observational posts rather than inquisitive ones. The wolf iso was full of open ended questions requesting elaboration. Not just directly to a specific player but also towards the thread at large asking if it saw what Hally was seeing. Meanwhile the villager iso was full of more pointed statement. It was telling the thread what Hally was seeing and making sure everyone understood. The village iso had a higher frequency – by a significant margin – of Posts Of Observation.

Again, I really want to get this right so I didn't stop there. Science isn't science until you write it down after all. I went ahead and charted the percentage of posts as a villager and as a wolf for both posts containing an elegant word and posts making observations. It's a bit crude but here's the quick jot down I made to visualize it:

So I wanted to see how this one was shaping up. Remember, these were all taken from the first half of day one isos which we've made it past here. I went ahead and ran through Hally's iso from this game, plotted the elegance and observational percentages on the chart, and ran the following equation to try and determine the exact percentage chance Hally has at being a wolf:

(Posts Exceedingly Elegant as a wolf)(Posts Exceedingly Elegant here) + (Posts of Observation as a villager)(Posts of Observation here) = the mathematical chance of Hally being a villager here (do 1-this for wolf obv).

Which looks something like this:

(Posts Exceedingly Elegant as a wolf)(Posts Exceedingly Elegant here) + (Posts of Observation as a villager)(Posts of Observation here)

Or written differently

PEEPEE POOPOO

8. ISO #408
    Community
    Art of Problem Solving

9. ISO #409
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    AKA
    guillotine
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Nominating @Michelle for Best Town Player.

She is an excellent town leader, she is one of the best scum hunters I've seen across all games I've seen her play as town, she is not imposing and opaque the efforts of her teammates, she works as part of a team instead of trying to be the hero of the game. I've never seen her become toxic or use unnecessary AtE.

And boys, every scum that has tried to push her as LHF has suffered the consequences. She is the definition of a townie with a good poker face.
    Deck Mafia
    MU Annual Games

BASTARD CHAMPIONS (MARCH)
    OPEN WORLD (JUNE)
    ANIME WORLD (SEPTEMBER)
    VIDEO GAME WORLD (JANUARY)

10. ISO #410
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    Mafia Cafe
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillotina (#409)
    Nominating @Michelle for Best Town Player.

She is an excellent town leader, she is one of the best scum hunters I've seen across all games I've seen her play as town, she is not imposing and opaque the efforts of her teammates, she works as part of a team instead of trying to be the hero of the game. I've never seen her become toxic or use unnecessary AtE.

And boys, every scum that has tried to push her as LHF has suffered the consequences. She is the definition of a townie with a good poker face.
    Second!

11. ISO #411
    Furry Collective Keeper of the Swans Michelle's Avatar
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    AnimeBase
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleHaven (#390)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyther (#387)
    nominating or seconding or whatever deck mafia for best mechanic cuz that $%#! is $%#!ing dope and guillo is an inhuman force of mafia creativity
    fourth, but i should get an award for running one of the games too

nah im pissing around, guillo deserves that award
    5th i guess!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#3563)
    MU is not a betting game, it's a lie detection and lying game.
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#4792)
    But, soft! What light through yonder window breaks? It is the sun, and Michelle is the east.

Quote Originally Posted by ladd (#933)
    jaleb probably willaging too

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrman (#13168)
    Wolves never w peek someone
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilica (#720)
    Some pressure makes Diamonds out of coal so why not do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mich-El (#3032)
    Update: Michelle has gone to a Christmas Market! Until she returns, you just got me.
    Quote Originally Posted by m; on December 25,2019, 20:21, discord chat
    you guys make perfect partners in crime :slight_smile:

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall (#2318)
    By the reads formulated yesterday, I hereby declare you, Michelle, scum by PoE, and sentence you to death for the accusation of High Treason and Werewolfing.

##Vote Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by Dimma Davidoff (#102)
    Mafia is a real world game. The situations in Mafia are real, and one can not use anything but oneself. It is life. Very dense life. Look at it this way - Mafia are zombies, they are not free, they are bound by their knowledge of each other and a need to eliminate others. Citizens are free to make their own bounds. If you learn to do it well, then you could find zombies (people with alliance with past) in real life and turn them over to your side of the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Trustworthy Liberal (#153)
    Well am here not here sorta-kinda asleep but kinda not 3 expresso shots was too much so let me think of something to entertain you most likely won't and will just pass out the second the expresso wears off, to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Makaze (#15)
    I'll get right on downloading the PM's directly into your brain.

Coming on Christmas 2040.

12. ISO #412
    Furry Collective Keeper of the Swans Michelle's Avatar
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Community
    AnimeBase
    Quote Originally Posted by Phighter (#3563)
    MU is not a betting game, it's a lie detection and lying game.
    Quote Originally Posted by El-ahrairah (#4792)
    But, soft! What light through yonder window breaks? It is the sun, and Michelle is the east.

Quote Originally Posted by ladd (#933)
    jaleb probably willaging too

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrman (#13168)
    Wolves never w peek someone
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilica (#720)
    Some pressure makes Diamonds out of coal so why not do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mich-El (#3032)
    Update: Michelle has gone to a Christmas Market! Until she returns, you just got me.
    Quote Originally Posted by m; on December 25,2019, 20:21, discord chat
    you guys make perfect partners in crime :slight_smile:

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall (#2318)
    By the reads formulated yesterday, I hereby declare you, Michelle, scum by PoE, and sentence you to death for the accusation of High Treason and Werewolfing.

##Vote Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by Dimma Davidoff (#102)
    Mafia is a real world game. The situations in Mafia are real, and one can not use anything but oneself. It is life. Very dense life. Look at it this way - Mafia are zombies, they are not free, they are bound by their knowledge of each other and a need to eliminate others. Citizens are free to make their own bounds. If you learn to do it well, then you could find zombies (people with alliance with past) in real life and turn them over to your side of the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Trustworthy Liberal (#153)
    Well am here not here sorta-kinda asleep but kinda not 3 expresso shots was too much so let me think of something to entertain you most likely won't and will just pass out the second the expresso wears off, to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Makaze (#15)
    I'll get right on downloading the PM's directly into your brain.

Coming on Christmas 2040.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789