Page 146 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146
Results 7,251 to 7,279 of 7279

Thread: OPEN WORLD 1.0 Winners: Town & TripleHaven

1. ISO #7251
    @Guillotina thank you for hosting & @Timsup4nothin thank you for the amazing flavor

2. ISO #7252
    Community
    CFC
    AKA
    guillotine
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    These ability descriptions are only made available upon purchasing.

Ability Thief: The ability thief provides its bearer seven extra ability slots. In addition he may target a player every night and steal one of their abilities. But, there is a 40% chance that the game will snitch on you and tell everyone what you just did.
    The thief may only use two abilities per night.

Summoner: It’s a third party role that allows the bearer to resurrect a player that dies the next day after their death. The summoner wins when he has resurrected 2 players. The third party loses when he is killed or when unused characters run out before he can meet his winning quota.
    Upon winning, the player leaves the game.
    To revive a player, they have to predict their death first, if the target dies, everything except its alignment will be revealed in the thread. The player will land in The Tunnel as it normally would after dying but he will get the discord role “Resurrected”. At the start of the next day the target will be prompted to pay $100 gils for a new character. If the target can’t buy a new character, it can’t get resurrected and your action will fail.
    To predict someone’s death, you must call it at the start of the day. For example at the start of Day 1, you predict Player A to die and the player gets yeeted on Day 1, he’ll get resurrected the next day.

Dominator Owner: The Dominator is a gun. If you shoot it, you kill the target and then you steal their roles and items, which replace the ones you got. But, there is a 50% chance the game will snitch on you and tell everyone what you just did. Character with this role may not buy items. May shoot it any time. This ability can only be used once per game.

Coroner: The Coroner may each night investigate a dead player and learn clues about who killed him/her.

Item Thief: The item thief may target a player and steal a random item (if any), if the item is not compatible with the item thief character, the thief may sell it back to the store for a quarter of the original price.

Gil Thief: You may target a player and steal half of the target’s Gil balance. Whoever kills the gil thief may keep all the Gil he had at the time. If the thief’s target is under the protection of any kind of Cops or has a special weapon, the Gil Thief dies and the money is split between the target and the cop.

Weapon Inspector: This inspector may each night investigate a player and learn whether that person has a weapon or not. If the inspector visits the same target the following night, he will learn his role and role description.

Destiny Controller: During the day at any time, you may kill all unused characters, making it impossible for a player to resurrect. You also get a 1-shot Godfather ability (you must activate it) and a 1-shot super janitor.

Godfather gives cops the opposite of your alignment if they check you.

The Super Janitor allows you to body wash a dead target during that night or the following day, revealing a different role (you will not know what role the target will flip us and revealing its true roles to you.

Black Market Dealer: This role can force a player to replace one of his roles for a role (that is still in the store) the Black Market Dealer wants .This action must be activated on days and a max of two times in the entire game!

You also can raise the price of a role twice per game.

Defrauded Townie: This vanillalizes the target permanently.

Hooker: The hooker chooses one player per Night to block from performing his or her night action. The target's night action will not be performed -- that is, the Hooker blocks the target's role or item power from working. If she targets angel characters, the hooker loses her ability.

Items Store

These items can only be used by compatible characters.
    There is only one copy available for each. G1000 each.
    The Effects are only revealed to whoever buys the item.

Excalibur: The Excalibur is a blade that can only be used by male village characters.
    3D Maneuver Gear: Can only be used by female characters from any alignment.
    The Extase: The Extase may only be used by female mafia characters.
    Saiga’s Camera: This weapon can be used only by male characters from any alignment.
    Substitution Jutsu Log: Can only be used once per game and only by players with kill roles.
    Bubble Shield: Can only be used by Science Fiction characters, once per game.
    Daedric Armor: Can be used by fantasy characters only.

Special Weapons
    For Private Use with Purchaser Only

Excalibur: The Excalibur is a blade that can only be used by male village characters.
    Effect: On Night 4, you may kill a player ignoring all protections and evasions.

3D Maneuver Gear: Can only be used by female characters from any alignment.
    Effect: This gives you a one shot at protecting yourself during a night and kills the player that tried to kill you. You must let the host know the night that you wish to use this weapon.
    If no one targets you, you still lose the weapon.

The Extase: The Extase may only be used by female mafia characters.
    Effect: Once per game, you may kill a target and roleblock another one.
    There is a 30% the game will snitch on you and tell everyone what you just did.

Saiga’s Camera: This weapon can be used only by male characters from any alignment.
    Effect: Once per game, during a night. You may take a picture. The next day, every player that visited someone during the previous night submits to a russian roulette game with a 20% chance of getting killed immediately. Decided by a number picker program where 1 and 2 are the deadly numbers.

Protection Gear
    For Private Use with Purchaser Only

Substitution Jutsu Log: Can only be used once per game and only by players with kill roles.
    Effect: If your kill attempt is countered by the target with a kill action of its own, your body will be replaced by this log, saving your life. You cannot get protected in the next phase.

Bubble Shield: Can only be used by Science Fiction characters, once per game.
    Effect: protects you from one night kill with 30% chance of discovering the name of the killer.

Daedric Armor: Can be used by fantasy characters only.
    Effect: Prevents any kind of theft or role swapping against you. If you get attacked by a Special Weapon the Daedric Armor is destroyed.

3. ISO #7253
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    CFC
    AKA
    Kirsten
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

4. ISO #7254
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    SC2Mafia
    AKA
    Martin / That One Idiot
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Gikkle (#7248)
    @MartinGG99 you were very obvious town to me and I was quite surprised when you said you've only played forum mafia for 3/4th of a year since you seemed way more skilled and experienced than that to me. It was very calming reading your posts compared to everyone else's. It was fun playing with you :p
    Thanks, and it was fun to play with you too.

I think even though I think my skill in some ways is arguably not good (my experience notwithstanding), I've tried to augment it by trying to play with people or in communities who I think or know are really good. Sometimes I don't really learn anything new, but sometimes I do.

The sole reason I strongly found you town instead of most other people was because of something I learned from a player who I think is reasonably good. They recommended me this YouTube channel on Criminal Psychology (literally called Criminal Psychology) and most of its videos detail at one point or another how guilty people react compared as to innocent people in parts of their video.

To me, or at least how I saw things, you checked nearly all if not all of the boxes when you were accused of being 3p or mafia on D1. You were quite innocent of that, and with your tone I figured I would stick you as town. I could not imagine a wolf, unless they studied this, would be capable of doing that easily and authentically.

Its not always clear cut though, because there are always people who are a-neurotypical who might react somewhat differently when truly innocent. Additionally, it also depends on how invested people are in this game; if a town player isn't that invested they may not act in a way or the same degree as a more-invested player would when being falsely accused of something under pressure. But if you apply it in the right circumstance, presuming it isn't likely the person you're applying to can fool you, its rather easy to see someone is town just by virtue of being innocent of what they were accused of.

And finally there's the possibility of a wolf being falsely accused of something, then giving a pure innocent reaction to it, and then one just incorrectly labels that as towny AI. So I have to be careful with that sort of read, but I think its really promising and I'm glad it proved itself in this game

5. ISO #7255
    Timezone
    Community
    SC2Mafia
    AKA
    Martin / That One Idiot
    Pronouns
    And thanks a lot for this interesting game @Guillotina

Probably was not balanced well but it was fun for me in the vast majority of the time.

6. ISO #7256
    Timezone
    UTC+08:00
    Community
    Epicmafia
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself

7. ISO #7257
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    Community
    NUF
    I didn't expect the game to end at this time lol

But anyways~

8. ISO #7258
    Timezone
    Community
    NUF
    Ability Thief: The ability thief provides its bearer seven extra ability slots. In addition he may target a player every night and steal one of their abilities. But, there is a 40% chance that the game will snitch on you and tell everyone what you just did.
    Woah!! This is really amazing!!

Effect: Once per game, during a night. You may take a picture. The next day, every player that visited someone during the previous night submits to a russian roulette game with a 20% chance of getting killed immediately. Decided by a number picker program where 1 and 2 are the deadly numbers.
    ...I visited 3 people... that's so scary.

Also, arlo... you lied about this? QAQ

9. ISO #7259
    Timezone
    Community
    NUF

I really enjoyed this set-up. Being able to buy my own roles was really really fun and having a guaranteed town role (rather than waiting for RNG to decide with bated breath) felt super good!

In hindsight, I also realized that I asked a bunch of dumb questions in the private convo, so thanks for answering them patiently!

Overall, I had a great time!

10. ISO #7260
    Thanks for hosting Guillo and Tim

Thanks for playing everyone!

11. ISO #7261
    Timezone
    AKA
    Haven, TH
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself

i wouldn't worry too much about poor balancing here. This was a very experimental setup and honestly hte first time I had seen most of these mechanics in place. Now you know from experience what should and shouldn't be done in these sort of setups and will make better ones in the future. All about that feedback

NGL i signed up for this sort of bastard hellscape anyways so I enjoyed this game overall.

12. ISO #7262
    Timezone
    AKA
    Haven, TH
    Pronouns
    now if only the 3p and mafia awards weren't merged i would have a chance at an award this year

13. ISO #7263
    Community
    CFC
    AKA
    guillotine
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by LiLi041 (#7259)
    Also, thanks for hosting @Guillotina!

I really enjoyed this set-up. Being able to buy my own roles was really really fun and having a guaranteed town role (rather than waiting for RNG to decide with bated breath) felt super good!

In hindsight, I also realized that I asked a bunch of dumb questions in the private convo, so thanks for answering them patiently!

Look the good thing about me is that I'm old so I forget easily lol, I already forgot your questions, so all is forgiven if they merited forgiveness haha.

14. ISO #7264
    Community
    CFC
    AKA
    guillotine
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleHaven (#7261)
    FIRST 3P WIN LETS GOOOO

i wouldn't worry too much about poor balancing here. This was a very experimental setup and honestly hte first time I had seen most of these mechanics in place. Now you know from experience what should and shouldn't be done in these sort of setups and will make better ones in the future. All about that feedback

NGL i signed up for this sort of bastard hellscape anyways so I enjoyed this game overall.
    I think you also learnt something important from this game. To never give up.

15. ISO #7265
    Community
    CFC
    AKA
    guillotine
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by LiLi041 (#7258)
    Woah!! This is really amazing!!

...I visited 3 people... that's so scary.

Also, arlo... you lied about this? QAQ
    Yah Arlo took a picture, 6 people were in it and Young Pyromancer died to it.

16. ISO #7266
    Timezone
    UTC-06:00
    Community
    Forum of Lies / Mafia Colosseum
    AKA
    Marl
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    FIRST 3P WIN LETS GOOOO

I'm glad we decided to shield you and random yeeted sett d1

A soul for a soul

17. ISO #7267
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Marl
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    My day 1 reads this game were $%#!ing nuts

I had sett and th both pegged as 3p, I had Lukundo as scum, I had TWL and Sky all as town, I thought Esooa and Arlo were both scum (albeit together not scum/3p)

I'm proud

18. ISO #7268
    Timezone
    Community
    SC2Mafia
    AKA
    Martin / That One Idiot
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by Marluxion (#7266)
    FIRST 3P WIN LETS GOOOO

i wouldn't worry too much about poor balancing here. This was a very experimental setup and honestly hte first time I had seen most of these mechanics in place. Now you know from experience what should and shouldn't be done in these sort of setups and will make better ones in the future. All about that feedback :thumbsup:

I'm glad we decided to shield you and random yeeted sett d1

A soul for a soul
    He actually got duked by insaner as said somewhere in the discord server for this game, which means my suspicions of Sett being duked were right

19. ISO #7269
    Timezone
    Community
    AKA
    Marl
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

20. ISO #7270
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    OPEN WORLD 1.0 Night 4 Votecount

Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    6 Samantha Chocolate (0), Garden Gnome (0), MartinGG99 (0), LiLi041 (0), Chelsea (0), TripleHaven (0)
    3 MartinGG99 arlo (0), SkyWalker (0), Samantha (0)
    2 SkyWalker staypositivefriend (0), Esooa (0)
    9 Not voting Hydreigon25 (0), Sett (0), Insaner (0), The Lukundo (0), The Young Pyromancer (0), Gikkle (0), Trustworthy Liberal (0), Pilica (0), Marluxion (0)

View Vote History

Night 4 ends at 12:00 PM EST on Thursday, March 4th, 2021. There are 1614877260000 remaining.

21. ISO #7271
    Timezone
    Community
    League of Legends
    AKA
    Sett
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    I think if the gil balanc wasnt public and i didnt have my ability crossed out from the shop (arms dealer, which was 3p only) maaaybe i would have had a chance, but honestly for a first run this was fairly within what i expect for a bastard game. Sure the mechanics need tuning but even spectating this game was fun.

22. ISO #7272
    Community
    MafiaManiac

But I enjoyed it anyway

Thank you @Guillotina for all the effort you put in designing and running this, as well as @Timsup2nothin for the awesome flavor.

23. ISO #7273
    Community
    MafiaManiac
    Quote Originally Posted by Marluxion (#7269)
    @Insaner good $%#!
    Same to you - you had me sweating there for a good portion of D2 and D3, but always seemed to do the right thing in the end. GJ

24. ISO #7274
    Community
    MafiaManiac
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleHaven (#6318)
    Yeah, pretty much

wolves are esooa and samantha ez clap
    And some fools thought it wasn't worth it to keep you around smh @TripleHaven

25. ISO #7275
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Cafe
    AKA
    Gnome, Gnomey
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    It was a wild ride.
    I was getting discouraged when people were scum reading me, but I was determined not to give up.
    Because I'm stubborn.
    And it was fulfilling one of my mafia dreams for me (to be goo!!!)
    When I bought the alien role, I was sure that it would be a failure because it seemed like something that everyone would want to have, so I was surprised to get it.
    @Chocolate said the words to me toward the end that helped me decide on my last abduction target. She said, "follow your heart." Those words meant everything to me. By that time, I believed that Esooa was scum but wasn't certain, and that's where my heart was leading me. I felt that it would be good, no matter what the result was.
    Just three words made all of the difference for me. Thank you, Chocolate. Best town teammate ever.

26. ISO #7276
    Timezone
    AKA
    Haven, TH
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Gnome (#7275)
    Thank you for the game, @Guillotina.
    It was a wild ride.
    I was getting discouraged when people were scum reading me, but I was determined not to give up.
    Because I'm stubborn.
    When I bought the alien role, I was sure that it would be a failure because it seemed like something that everyone would want to have, so I was surprised to get it.
    @Chocolate said the words to me toward the end that helped me decide on my last abduction target. She said, "follow your heart." Those words meant everything to me. By that time, I believed that Esooa was scum but wasn't certain, and that's where my heart was leading me. I felt that it would be good, no matter what the result was.
    Just three words made all of the difference for me. Thank you, Chocolate. Best town teammate ever.
    yeah seriously, i feel like a dumbass for not nominating michelle last year for best town. Maybe i can rectify it this year

27. ISO #7277
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Cafe
    AKA
    Gnome, Gnomey
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleHaven (#7276)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Gnome (#7275)
    Thank you for the game, @Guillotina.
    It was a wild ride.
    Because I'm stubborn.
    yeah seriously, i feel like a dumbass for not nominating michelle last year for best town. Maybe i can rectify it this year
    I will happily second that nomination!

28. ISO #7278
    Timezone
    UTC+01:00
    Community
    Wolfia Discord
    AKA
    Siskia, Peko, Surafin
    GG town! This game was a mess (I agree) but it was a lot of fun! I'd enjoy playing with everyone again!

@LiLi041 I honestly felt bad for making you believe me that much. You were still bringing up the Framer in the last day but you really got me there with the red check even if I almost managed to talk my way out of it. In hindsight and seeing Specchat I really should've just dominator shot Lukundo and claimed it for the cred but you're always smarter in hindsight.

Thank you for the flavor Tim it was great and thank you for hosting Guillotina! And I'm glad I could read your mind some in that post you mentioned Guillo XD

29. ISO #7279
    Timezone
    Community
    NUF
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillotina (#7263)
    Quote Originally Posted by LiLi041 (#7259)
    Also, thanks for hosting @Guillotina!

Look the good thing about me is that I'm old so I forget easily lol, I already forgot your questions, so all is forgiven if they merited forgiveness haha.
    (〃∇〃)
    Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Pilica (#7278)
    @LiLi041 I honestly felt bad for making you believe me that much. You were still bringing up the Framer in the last day but you really got me there with the red check even if I almost managed to talk my way out of it.
    That's not on you 😅

I think I'm just gullible lol (sadly)