Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    AKA
    lendun
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Secret Attorney Signups

Secret Attorney: A Scuffed Version of Secret Hitler

Since Secret Hitler is, out of the box, themed around pre-WW2 Germany, this will be a version of Secret Hitler with Ace Attorney flavor! (pretty much everything below is copy-pasted from hollowkatt, thanks hollowkatt)

All of the information in the spoilers below is subject to change. I'll have an updated version of these in the game thread when it is made, but these are here for your review to ensure you understand the kind of game you're signing up for. There are links to the official rules below as well.

RULES
    1. Set up
    I randomize the order of players. I allocate EVERYBODY an Attorney "identity". For the Investigators, this is their actual role. For the Murderers, this is who they can pretend to be. I do this before allocating alignments so there is NO CORRELATION.
    Player 1 is the first President. I also allocate roles - 6 Attorneys, 3 Murderers, and 1 Secret Von Karma. Role pms are sent out. The Murderers know the identities of each other and the Secret Von Karma, but the Secret Von Karma does not know the identities of the Murderers. There is no private communication at any point.

2. Game Play
    Phase 1: Election

Whoever the President is has 12 hours to nominate: a Chancellor. This player cannot be the President or Chancellor from the last round. No takebacks.
    Then, all players (including those nominated) vote yes or no. This is in secret, so rather than post it, you pm me. You can also post what you're going to do in the thread if you wish. When I have all players votes, I publish them in the thread.

If the vote fails (6 no votes), then the government is quashed, the potential president passes down the list and the next player nominates a Chancellor.

If this happens 3 times in a row, a policy gets enacted at random (which is probably bad) and the process restarts.

If, however, the vote passes, we go to the next stage.

Phase 2: Policy Enaction
    I will have a random ordering of 6 "Lawful" and 11 "Unlawful" policies. I take the top 3 and pm the president them. This will be in the format "2 Lawful, 1 Unlawful". The president "removes" one and sends a brand new pm to the chancellor, e.g. "1 Lawful, 1 Unlawful". The president should NOT forward my pm to the chancellor, as the removal of one policy is done in secret. I MUST be CC’d in this pm.
    Then the chancellor posts in the thread what they chose, e.g. "I hereby enact a Lawful policy." This must be from the selection that the president sent them. They can make this post as colorful as they want, as long as it's unambiguous.

Phase 3: Aftermath
    If an Unlawful policy is enacted, something happens. The effects are:
    3rd Unlawful policy: The current president picks the next presidential candidate (inserted into the running order, not changing the entire queue)
    4th Unlawful policy: The president kills a player. If that player is Von Karma, the Attorneys win instantly.
    5th Unlawful policy: The president kills a player. Veto power is unlocked (see below spoiler for detail if this ever comes about).

VETO RULES (only unlocked after 5th Cultist policy):
    After I PM the set of three policies to the President, and after they PM the set of 2 to the Chancellor, the Chancellor may PUBLICLY ask to veto the current policies. If the President PUBLICLY endorses this, then no policy gets enacted, the President Marker gets passed on down the list, the missed election tracker increases and the game continues with the next round. If the President PUBLICLY refuses this, then the Chancellor must still pick one of their two policies. (This is so that if the President and Chancellor are both good guys and they unfortunately picked 3 Unlawful policies, they can't auto lose).[/b]

The next round begins immediately with the next player as president.

The game ends when:
    Von Karma is dead (Attorneys win)
    5 Lawful policies are enacted (Attorneys win)
    6 Unlawful policies are enacted (Von Karma and the murderers win)
    3 Unlawful policies have been enacted and Von Karma is then elected chancellor (Von Karma and the murderers win).

Players can post anything they want whenever they want.

A note on behaviour: THIS IS NOT MAFIA. I don't enjoy participating in games where there are personal insults etc. The only insult you can level at another player is to accuse them of being Cthulhu or Cultist. You can talk game logic and criticise ideas and plans all you want, but personal attacks are not fair game here. I will be enacting Rule 0 whenever possible, and have a plan for handling aggravation which I really don't think will be necessary, but I wanted this up front - this game is meant to be fun, and fun for all players. If anybody feels like it's not fun, please PM me to review. You're trying to find the Murderers. Not assholes. Not dumb people. Not Fascists or Hitler (which is not acceptable nomenclature from now on). Murderers, and Von Karma.

I will take action if you start $%#!ting up the thread.

A note on deadlines and prompts: They aren't an official part of the game; but I reserve the right to move the gamestate forwards after 24 hours since the last game action. If, 24 hours from nomination, you haven't pm'd me your vote, I take it as a yes. Other actions I will resolve as I deem appropriate; this may be a resolution that goes against your alignment. I am counting on you guys to know the game state and take the next action without prompting. Once a president nominates, feel free to PM me immediately (that includes the president themselves!)

Deck Odds: https://www.reddit.com/r/SecretHitle...ds_spreadsheet

IMPORTANT GAME DATA AND INFORMATION

I need at least 6 players for this game, but can run as high as 10 players!
    That's right, Signups end at 10 players!

Signups will be open till 8th Mar 2021 OR we hit 10 players, which ever happens first.
    I want to start this game on 10th Mar 2021 (Wednesday) at 8am.
    That is 8am Eastern Standard Time, 5am Pacific Time, 1pm GMT

The Deadlines are as follows:

Nominations for Government:
    24 hours from Game Start / 24 hours from Last Revealed Ballots

Voting for Government: 24 hours from Nominations being final

Policies will be provided to the President as quickly as possible once I have a Government in place. The President will then have 12 hours to pass two of the policies to the Chancellor. The Chancellor will then have 12 hours to pass ONE Policy.

This means "Day" is 72 hours from start to finish. I'd like to start with these deadlines for this game.

Ideally deadlines are 12 hours for each section of the phase, but I understand time zones are a thing and I don't want to shut my American friends out of this one!

I expect the game to last approximately 2 weeks or so.

There is not as much discussion in Secret Attorney as there is in Mafia so don't expect to need to thread camp, just make sure to check in regularly and take your actions as quickly as possible.

Notes: There will (maybe) be spectator chat for this game.
    There is no outside chatting for players in this game. Please CC me on all PMs sent between President and Chancellor.

http://secrethitler.com/assets/Secret_Hitler_Rules.pdf
    Last edited by lendunistus; February 20th, 2021 at 08:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#747)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#408)
    Quote Originally Posted by Everyone
    ##Vote lendunistus
    Going to bed soon , but this is a very $%#!ty vote

2. ISO #2
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    AKA
    lendun
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#747)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#408)
    Quote Originally Posted by Everyone
    ##Vote lendunistus
    Going to bed soon , but this is a very $%#!ty vote