Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 851 to 900 of 1093

Thread: Star Trek Mafia: The Next Gyration Night 5
Night 5 

  1. ISO #851
    Bandwagoner Ro Laren's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    104
    Community
    CivFanatics
    Gender
    Where is everyone tho

  2. ISO #852

  3. ISO #853
    Right time to clear away the tumbleweed.

    Firstly, let's look at the game state. I think we mostly agree that there is a 3rd party and we probably started with 3 scum. That would mean we started at 11-3-1.

    5 town and 1 scum have died so that puts us at 6-2-1

    I have had a look at total post counts for the first 3 days:

    Me - 76
    Tasha - 75
    Katherine - 66
    Ro - 55
    Geordi - 39
    Beverly - 22
    Worf - 21
    Simon - 21
    Deanna - 18

    So we have 5 players who have posted less than Mot who died 3 days ago!

    My concern is how this is going to play out. In Star Trek 1, the 3p was a Romulan spy who simply had to survive to the end to win. This may not be the case this time.

    If we have to make 3 kills then we are guaranteed to get to F5. Even if we only have to kill the 2 scum, we need to get 2 in a row to avoid getting there.

    My concern is that myself and Tasha are likely to be the next 2 NKs, which risks leaving 4 or 5 low posters at F5 with nothing to go on

    @Beverly Crusher
    @Deanna Troi
    @Geordi La Forge
    @Simon Tarses
    @Worf

    At least 2 of you must be town and maybe as many as 4. We really need you all to step up now as town can't win with so many low posters. Please share your latest reads and anything interesting you have spotted.

  4. ISO #854
    ##Vote Simon Tarses

  5. ISO #855
    I haven't been playing because this gamestate makes me not want to play. So I'm just going to vote who I think is scum.

  6. ISO #856
    Not a single one of my reads has been wrong btw.

  7. ISO #857
    Right let me now share my current thoughts.

    I thought there was a good chance I would be NK'd last night and the fact I haven't been has made me reassess. My last legacy post was it must be Simon and I'm starting to think I was wrong.

    What I really hate as well is that Ro and Katherine were straight out of the blocks to vote for Simon, which brought back bad memories of day 2. I'm strongly considering a Katherine and Ro team now.

    I re-read Picard's ISO and he was a bit all over the place with his votes but there were a couple of things that stood out from his ISO:



    Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Luc Picard (#490)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ro Laren (#487)
    Quote Originally Posted by Katherine Pulaski (#483)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Luc Picard (#480)
    But why would you choose Miles. He was an upstanding member of the crew
    You know what, fair enough.

    Ro owes it to the thread to explain why she went ahead with the soft and why she picked Miles.
    Why not?

    I came in, picked the person who gave me the worst vibes off a distant skim, and voted. You are all trying to interpret some form of deeper wisdom here, but I regret to inform you none exists.
    I'm sorry but if you hardly read, had a random suspicion on someone who did not deserve it, and let other people assume it was mech info to the point of a quick hammer, that is seriously anti-town and you should be ashamed of your play.
    Picard really nails Ro's day 2 here. Anti-town is the key phrase

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Luc Picard (#712)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ro Laren (#694)
    Reasoning: Riker self-pressed so that Geordi would go over instead of him. If Riker and Geordi are teamed, this means Riker is the more valuable wolf.

    Pulaski unvotes Geordi to force the tie. If she is teamed with Riker, she wouldn't. If she is teamed with both, she again wouldn't, because Riker is the more valuable wolf in this world.
    I do not entirely agree with this logic, I think it's exactly the kind of WIFOM that mafia can use to trip people up and trick them into a townread. I think the unvote-to-tie does not preclude her from being teamed with Riker at all. I can entertain your logic as making it a bit less likely, but absolutely not worthy of LOCK-towning. I'm coming around a bit on Katherine being townie for other reasons and your reasoning can add to that but it is by no means as solid as you are making it out to be here.
    This is a key post as it nails the assumption that Katherine is lock town solely due to the unvote

    Another reason to consider a Katherine-Ro team is that Ro seems to be strongly shielding Katherine

  8. ISO #858
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanna Troi (#855)
    I haven't been playing because this gamestate makes me not want to play. So I'm just going to vote who I think is scum.
    If everyone thinks like that nothing will change.

    Can you please share your most up-to-date list of reads.

  9. ISO #859
    Bandwagoner Ro Laren's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    104
    Community
    CivFanatics
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanna Troi (#855)
    I haven't been playing because this gamestate makes me not want to play. So I'm just going to vote who I think is scum.
    I can finally use this image I've been holding on to for a day.


  10. ISO #860
    Bandwagoner Ro Laren's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    104
    Community
    CivFanatics
    Gender
    Not as satisfying as I'd hoped.

  11. ISO #861
    Bandwagoner Ro Laren's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    104
    Community
    CivFanatics
    Gender
    Oh hey, we're back to sussing me. I am shocked.

    Okay, no I'm not.

  12. ISO #862
    Bandwagoner Ro Laren's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    104
    Community
    CivFanatics
    Gender
    I find it interesting that Guinan has gone out of her way to make clear that she can suspect and vote for anyone at any time. Finding town is uncool, I guess.

  13. ISO #863
    Bandwagoner Ro Laren's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    104
    Community
    CivFanatics
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinan (#857)
    Another reason to consider a Katherine-Ro team is that Ro seems to be strongly shielding Katherine
    Well, yes, I'd do that, given that I think she's as close to lock town as anyone can get. If anyone can suss her beyond "idk just kinda wanna," then by all means. Right now, any suspecting of Pulaski seems reliant on the theory that everyone is fair game, and that approach is possibly more "anti-town" than D2 was.

  14. ISO #864
    Bandwagoner Ro Laren's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    104
    Community
    CivFanatics
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinan (#857)
    Right let me now share my current thoughts.

    I thought there was a good chance I would be NK'd last night and the fact I haven't been has made me reassess. My last legacy post was it must be Simon and I'm starting to think I was wrong.
    Also, this is silly. You had and have no reason to think you're the go-to NK target. You would only believe this if you think a Pulaski doc-dodge was in the cards, but you've gone out of your way to place Pulaski as a genuine world to consider alongside me. There's no way you think you're more dangerous and more town-read than Pulaski and Tasha.

    If anything, you should be using this to suss Tasha.

  15. ISO #865
    ##Vote Simon Tarses

    More coming tonight, work has picked up for me I apologize for the lack of posts

  16. ISO #866
    I also wanted to post a bit more on a few posts where I really hate Katherine's tone

    Quote Originally Posted by Katherine Pulaski (#400)
    Since I promised to give Data a daypass

    ##Vote Miles O Brien

    Oops maj he dead now hahahahaha gibe Long Twilight
    This is the vote on Miles which I really hated. Katherine was 4th on the wagon and the jokey vibe is terrible

    Quote Originally Posted by Katherine Pulaski (#462)
    Yeah, I wasn't around for the denouement. Previously I was joking, not realizing that majority really was in effect from D2. My bad. But whether or not Roro was gambiting scum, which is hard to credit as an entrance for a zero-poster, that Miles wagon was at least as clean - proportionately - as the ruler wagon yesterday.

    So we legitimately lynched O'Brien. There's no other word for it.

    Anyway, I might as well respond to Miles' question to me about why this D1 post was distasteful.

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles O Brien (#241)
    Can someone else also do an ISO of Commander Riker?

    I saw nothing but surface level analysis, but that could come from a disengaged townie as much as an imposter.
    My feeling - or maybe more of my impression of stock reads - is that asking the thread D1 to ISO your partner while offering a hedgy, lo-substance read on them is a common mafia maneuver.

    Quote Originally Posted by Geordi La Forge (#403)
    ##Vote Miles O Brien

    O brien is superfluous (a word i learned from reading a book, an activity i highly recommend) when we have me around
    It is a difficult thing for an O'Brien to become sane.
    This is where Katherine responds to my push back. She says she was joking about it being maj. Weird thing to joke about if you ask me. She also says the Miles wagon was pure, which is ridiculous (Picard also found this risible)

    Quote Originally Posted by Katherine Pulaski (#640)
    Join us on the Data wagon.

    This is the third post of Katherine's that I really hate. The tone just feels all wrong. It feels to me like a spider catching a fly or someone saying "come on in sucker". In all my experience of mafia, I have never seen a town player post something like this.

  17. ISO #867
    Quote Originally Posted by Ro Laren (#862)
    I find it interesting that Guinan has gone out of her way to make clear that she can suspect and vote for anyone at any time. Finding town is uncool, I guess.
    If you look at my reads I have been consistent in putting Tasha as town. The reason it has been so difficult to expand the town list is because there have been so many slanky players (and also your's and Picard's slots were mostly absent day 1)

  18. ISO #868
    Quote Originally Posted by Ro Laren (#863)
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinan (#857)
    Another reason to consider a Katherine-Ro team is that Ro seems to be strongly shielding Katherine
    Well, yes, I'd do that, given that I think she's as close to lock town as anyone can get. If anyone can suss her beyond "idk just kinda wanna," then by all means. Right now, any suspecting of Pulaski seems reliant on the theory that everyone is fair game, and that approach is possibly more "anti-town" than D2 was.
    I have also considered the thought that someone mentioned early on that the 3p could be a cult leader in which case you could be a cult recruit.

    So please provide 3 good reasons why Pulaski is lock town.

  19. ISO #869
    Bandwagoner Ro Laren's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    104
    Community
    CivFanatics
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinan (#868)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ro Laren (#863)
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinan (#857)
    Another reason to consider a Katherine-Ro team is that Ro seems to be strongly shielding Katherine
    Well, yes, I'd do that, given that I think she's as close to lock town as anyone can get. If anyone can suss her beyond "idk just kinda wanna," then by all means. Right now, any suspecting of Pulaski seems reliant on the theory that everyone is fair game, and that approach is possibly more "anti-town" than D2 was.
    I have also considered the thought that someone mentioned early on that the 3p could be a cult leader in which case you could be a cult recruit.

    So please provide 3 good reasons why Pulaski is lock town.
    A cult leader in an 11-3-1 game?

    ##Vote Guinan

  20. ISO #870
    I'll go ahead and give Guinan a TR. Picard sussed Simon, Beverly, Worf, and Deanna in that order though, so wrt Simon you and he were ~.

    The only defense necessary against a Ro-Kath pairing is WIFOM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deanna Troi (#856)
    Not a single one of my reads has been wrong btw.
    I mean, that's not necessarily something to brag about...

    Quote Originally Posted by Guinan (#866)
    This is the third post of Katherine's that I really hate. The tone just feels all wrong. It feels to me like a spider catching a fly or someone saying "come on in sucker". In all my experience of mafia, I have never seen a town player post something like this.
    I literally just plagiarized a certain player's town trademark style right there.

    When I'm feeling confident my tone gets loose, no offense to the victims of wrong reads.

  21. ISO #871
    Quote Originally Posted by Ro Laren (#869)
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinan (#868)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ro Laren (#863)
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinan (#857)
    Another reason to consider a Katherine-Ro team is that Ro seems to be strongly shielding Katherine
    Well, yes, I'd do that, given that I think she's as close to lock town as anyone can get. If anyone can suss her beyond "idk just kinda wanna," then by all means. Right now, any suspecting of Pulaski seems reliant on the theory that everyone is fair game, and that approach is possibly more "anti-town" than D2 was.
    I have also considered the thought that someone mentioned early on that the 3p could be a cult leader in which case you could be a cult recruit.

    So please provide 3 good reasons why Pulaski is lock town.
    A cult leader in an 11-3-1 game?

    ##Vote Guinan
    I may be wrong on my reads. Show me why

    3 good reasons why Pulaski is lock town please.

  22. ISO #872
    If I were cult, could I claim to be cult? Aha.

    (Technically I could have used up my recruit shots, but that's high-tin.)

  23. ISO #873
    But seriously, the strongest argument against my being Cult is that I scumread Mot, Data, Miles, and either TRed or SRed Wesley, who were all strong players here, yet none of them flipped cult (and I would have converted Data if I could have, not wasted an ouster).

  24. ISO #874
    Quote Originally Posted by Katherine Pulaski (#873)
    But seriously, the strongest argument against my being Cult is that I scumread Mot, Data, Miles, and either TRed or SRed Wesley, who were all strong players here, yet none of them flipped cult (and I would have converted Data if I could have, not wasted an ouster).
    Maybe I am on the wrong track with the cult.

    Who do you think is the scum team right now?

  25. ISO #875
    In catching up, I don't see a cult mechanism in a 15 slot game. Third party/Indy type is a possibility. But never say never in a Tim game, just my opinion.

  26. ISO #876
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinan (#874)
    Quote Originally Posted by Katherine Pulaski (#873)
    But seriously, the strongest argument against my being Cult is that I scumread Mot, Data, Miles, and either TRed or SRed Wesley, who were all strong players here, yet none of them flipped cult (and I would have converted Data if I could have, not wasted an ouster).
    Maybe I am on the wrong track with the cult.

    Who do you think is the scum team right now?
    Too many possibilities.

    I have misgivings about Simon, but I'm not at a point on him where I could fight the push.

    I'm suss on Deanna and Tasha, but I have no case for why they were aligned with Riker (which, to be fair, must be impossible to uncover by Riker's posts alone).

    My townpoints for Beverly and Worf haven't found much approval. They're not the strongest, but what can I say?

    I'll just continue to clear Ro and Geordie for contemporaneous gamestate reasons, for now.

    The only bet I would want to make is that there are no more than two mafia on the tied wagons from D1 (Riker + 1) unless Geordie is scum.

  27. ISO #877
    I have misgivings about Simon,
    Misgivings about the Simon wagon, that is.

  28. ISO #878
    I feel like I've wrongly suspected every high poster in the game at some point, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's just Simon-Geordie.

  29. ISO #879
    I'm going to bed and hoping for a better night's sleep. Hoping the tumbleweed doesn't return.

  30. ISO #880
    That's right, I disliked Wesley's D1 interactions with Miles and thought anti-pair with points in Miles' favor, then found reasons to justify the apparent red scan on Miles D2, and TRed Wesley that day (because anti-pair).

    Can I even sheep?


  31. ISO #881
    I'm at the point where I can give reasons to townread every player that isn't Worf/Tasha/Simon. If you have problems with a lot that isn't in that three please let me know. I can also give reasons on why I townread not inside that

  32. ISO #882
    Automatic Game Mod Mafia Host's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    241,565
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Star Trek: The Next Gyration Day 4 Votecount

    Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    2 Simon Tarses Deanna Troi (3), Beverly Crusher (2)
    1 Worf Simon Tarses (3)
    1 Deanna Troi Katherine Pulaski (13)
    1 Guinan Ro Laren (20)
    4 Not voting Geordi La Forge (3), Guinan (15), Tasha Yar (0), Worf (1)


    View Vote History

    End day at majority is enabled. With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to reach majority.

    Day 4 ends at 7:00 PM EDT on Wednesday, May 5th, 2021. There are 1620255660000 remaining.

    Posted at 0 days, 23 hours, 58 minutes, 59 seconds remaining.

  33. ISO #883
    Bandwagoner Ro Laren's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    104
    Community
    CivFanatics
    Gender
    ##Vote Simon Tarses

    :/

  34. ISO #884
    Quote Originally Posted by Ro Laren (#883)
    ##Vote Simon Tarses

    :/
    why the :/?

    Anyways hi. Sorry I've been busy

  35. ISO #885
    Quote Originally Posted by Ro Laren (#832)
    ##Vote Simon Tarses

    I guess.

    I tinfoiled Tasha after Data last night but sleeping on it dulled that quite a bit. I still like her. I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ro Laren (#833)
    I feel better about Geordi too.
    can you explain these?

  36. ISO #886
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Luc Picard (#817)
    Beverly/Simon is easy world

    I'm not sure I have the sense the game is that easy, but with the low volume maybe it could be
    haven't gone through Picard's ISO fully to look at where he was at but how much he posted about Beverly makes me want to at least consider her more strongly

  37. ISO #887
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanna Troi (#855)
    I haven't been playing because this gamestate makes me not want to play. So I'm just going to vote who I think is scum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanna Troi (#856)
    Not a single one of my reads has been wrong btw.
    Enlighten us, then. Give some more of where your thoughts are at

  38. ISO #888
    Quote Originally Posted by Worf (#875)
    In catching up, I don't see a cult mechanism in a 15 slot game. Third party/Indy type is a possibility. But never say never in a Tim game, just my opinion.
    do you have nothing to comment on outside mechanics?

  39. ISO #889
    I'm still pretty confident in Katherine being town. I disagree with what Guinan is saying there but nothing about what's she's doing today and before has made me want to tinfoil her that much

    I'd like Ro to explain her read there, I don't really understand how the cultist comment is vote worthy?

    I was about to say it's a bad look for Simon that he hasn't posted yet, then I saw he did

    Which with how forgettable his posts are is even worse, lmao

    At a similar place with Worf. Going to look for partner equity there later

    Georgi's posting today has left me very uninspired

    I think Ro has been fine today and good yesterday, thought I've not re-read anything from then with the flip in mind

    Hopefully this isn't too hard to understand I'm just kinda giving my thoughts on the gamestate right now. I'm probably not going to immediately read more but I'll be in and out of ISO's/the thread for the rest of tonight

  40. ISO #890
    mmm

    I realized I had no thoughts on Troi/Crusher and was at first just like if they've not pinged me yet it's whatever for right now, but realizing BOTH the players who

    1. have generally not done much of anything
    2. are not under suspicion

    Are also the people who first voted Simon does make me feel pretty bad

    ##Vote Beverly Crusher

  41. ISO #891

  42. ISO #892
    Quote Originally Posted by Katherine Pulaski (#891)
    How about Deanna?
    what about her

  43. ISO #893
    I don't know if that's a stance I believe Tasha would make at this stage in the game but that might be because I was already suspecting them. I'll let others weigh in

  44. ISO #894
    Bandwagoner Ro Laren's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    104
    Community
    CivFanatics
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasha Yar (#885)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ro Laren (#832)
    ##Vote Simon Tarses

    I guess.

    I tinfoiled Tasha after Data last night but sleeping on it dulled that quite a bit. I still like her. I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ro Laren (#833)
    I feel better about Geordi too.
    can you explain these?
    For the sake of moving forward, mostly. My suspicion of Geordi was based on a lack of further context: the D1 EOD situation. I can't consider Pulaski lock town if I keep Geordi in the sus pile, since Pulaski is lock town in my town world due to a lack of fancy play.

    Also this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Geordi La Forge (#281)
    ##Vote William T Riker

    Even a blind man can see that his iso is less likely to be town than Tarses'
    His vote pushed Riker in the lead over Simon Tarses.

    This will sound familiar, but the only world that makes sense with Geordi as wolf is if he's w/w with both Riker and Simon.

  45. ISO #895
    Bandwagoner Ro Laren's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    104
    Community
    CivFanatics
    Gender
    RE: Tasha, nothing definitive. Just had a surge of suspicion after Data's meltdown and subsequent flip. Slept on it. Felt less suspicious. I did not do any reading to get there.

    Maybe I should.

    p#651 is when the Data stuff starts happening.

  46. ISO #896
    Bandwagoner Ro Laren's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    104
    Community
    CivFanatics
    Gender
    @Geordi La Forge, what are your thoughts on Tasha and Simon today?

  47. ISO #897
    Bandwagoner Ro Laren's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    104
    Community
    CivFanatics
    Gender
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasha Yar (#692)
    nah though this time we shouldn't let fate decide because I'm still pretty confident on data being town
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Tarses (#693)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasha Yar (#692)
    nah though this time we shouldn't let fate decide because I'm still pretty confident on data being town
    Coward, afraid day one will repeat itself?
    This would be funny w/w theatre, tbh.

  48. ISO #898
    Bandwagoner Ro Laren's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    104
    Community
    CivFanatics
    Gender
    ##Vote Worf

    ???

  49. ISO #899
    Bandwagoner Ro Laren's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    104
    Community
    CivFanatics
    Gender
    p#762 is Data's legacy.

    Notable is that the only person to really outright deny his scum-read of Tasha is Picard, who was the NK.

    Excellent WIFOM potential.

    Worf shows up shortly after. Tasha votes Data. Picard puts Data within one of hammer. Worf hammers.

    Hmm.

  50. ISO #900
    Automatic Game Mod Mafia Host's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    241,565
    Community
    Mafia Universe
    Star Trek: The Next Gyration Day 4 Votecount

    Votes Target Voters (Posts in Phase)
    2 Simon Tarses Deanna Troi (3), Beverly Crusher (3)
    2 Worf Simon Tarses (3), Ro Laren (27)
    1 Deanna Troi Katherine Pulaski (14)
    1 Beverly Crusher Tasha Yar (8)
    3 Not voting Geordi La Forge (3), Guinan (15), Worf (1)


    View Vote History

    End day at majority is enabled. With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to reach majority.

    Day 4 ends at 7:00 PM EDT on Wednesday, May 5th, 2021. There are 1620255660000 remaining.

    Posted at 0 days, 19 hours, 58 minutes, 58 seconds remaining.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  •  

Keyboard Shortcuts

about us
Mafia Universe is a community hub for people who enjoy playing the forum variant of Mafia (also known as Werewolf). We offer fully automated Mafia games and a wide variety of customized features crafted to optimize your game experience. We also proudly host the Internet's only database of Mafia/Werewolf communities.

We hope you stick around!
Role of the Day
Encryptor

The Encryptor is a mafia-aligned role that enables the mafia to communicate privately with each other during day phases for as long as they are alive.