Hello everyone! This is Doctor Neon, also known as your favorite player alt account alt account.
For a bit of context, I've threatened a couple of games in dead/lock situations with making an AAR of Digimon World for the PS1, mostly to have an excuse to re-play one of my favorite games.
The other day I got redpeeked as a wolf in the bastard mash, and with few players, left no ITAs, and basically nothing happening aside from my yeet, I decided to lolcat by hijacking the thread and forcing everyone there to watch me play Digimon.
I made it trough 10% of the game or so, but obviously didn't have time to finish it in the span of 12 hours, so might as well finish it here instead, because ppl seemed to like it.
A couple of things to know.
1) The first couple of posts will just be me quoting myself, plus a couple of questions I received at the time. So, things that have already happened. Some of the jokes were made in the context of that game.
2) AAR is finished when we beat the game, this is, defeat the final boss. We won't rush there speedrun style, but we also won't do everything there is to do, mostly bc some of the digimon have a random chance of appearing which I find a bit obnoxious.
3) I'm not sure how often I'll update but I'd like to finish the AAR this year. At least an update every 2 weeks but don't quote me on that.
4) As for the game itself, there isn't a lot you have to know to enjoy it. You enter the digital world alongside your Digimon, some dude there tells you that there used to be a city blooming with Digimon, but they eventually abandoned the city and forgot it existed, and nobody lives there now. Your job is to rebuild the city by recruiting Digimon and convincing them to join, and to find out wtf happened to the city in the past.
5) Any question, comment, feedback, whatever, are very much welcomed and appreciated.