Thread: That Time My Town MVP Got Reincarnated as a Digital Pet in a Capitalist Dystopia [Digimon World AAR]

1. ISO #1
    AKA
    SilverKeith
    Pronouns
    Any

That Time My Town MVP Got Reincarnated as a Digital Pet in a Capitalist Dystopia [Digimon World AAR]

Hello everyone! This is Doctor Neon, also known as your favorite player alt account alt account.

For a bit of context, I've threatened a couple of games in dead/lock situations with making an AAR of Digimon World for the PS1, mostly to have an excuse to re-play one of my favorite games.

The other day I got redpeeked as a wolf in the bastard mash, and with few players, left no ITAs, and basically nothing happening aside from my yeet, I decided to lolcat by hijacking the thread and forcing everyone there to watch me play Digimon.

I made it trough 10% of the game or so, but obviously didn't have time to finish it in the span of 12 hours, so might as well finish it here instead, because ppl seemed to like it.

A couple of things to know.

1) The first couple of posts will just be me quoting myself, plus a couple of questions I received at the time. So, things that have already happened. Some of the jokes were made in the context of that game.

2) AAR is finished when we beat the game, this is, defeat the final boss. We won't rush there speedrun style, but we also won't do everything there is to do, mostly bc some of the digimon have a random chance of appearing which I find a bit obnoxious.

3) I'm not sure how often I'll update but I'd like to finish the AAR this year. At least an update every 2 weeks but don't quote me on that.

4) As for the game itself, there isn't a lot you have to know to enjoy it. You enter the digital world alongside your Digimon, some dude there tells you that there used to be a city blooming with Digimon, but they eventually abandoned the city and forgot it existed, and nobody lives there now. Your job is to rebuild the city by recruiting Digimon and convincing them to join, and to find out wtf happened to the city in the past.

5) Any question, comment, feedback, whatever, are very much welcomed and appreciated.

2. ISO #2
    Pronouns
    she/they/xe

3. ISO #3
    alien shapeshifter Hally's Avatar Moderator
    Community
    PerC/The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by litten
    hally you have a Wowee addicfion
    Quote Originally Posted by quas
    Name the wowee dog hally
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshal (#15)
    hi im hally
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshal (#26)
    im a big nerd something something gravity falls
    Quote Originally Posted by ran
    How To Tell If Your Hally Is An Alien Shapeshifter:
    - Apply moderate but steady pressure d1 and observe their reaction.
    - If your Hally is genuine, you will notice a distinct morphing of their facial features into an "anime" or "chibi" style resembling the kaomoji (〃>_<;〃), their arms will turn into fingerless drumsticks and begin rapidly vibrating up and down, and they will emit various phrases such as "no bulli!" and "give me space!" and "but why!"
    - On the other hand, if your Hally remains in a photorealistic human form and responds calmly with phrases like "That's unfortunate, but I hope we can work together!" and changes the subject, you have an alien shapeshifter on your hands and should quickly excuse yourself and break the glass on the nearest eod flamethrower.
    Quote Originally Posted by lute (#50)
    182. Bellossom

Bellossom, Bubbles, and @Hally. doing a little flower dance. travel agent who doesn't work on commission. knows she's pretty but loves being reminded. tries to maintain a vegetable garden but isn't very good at it.

A-Tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn (#142)
    Quote Originally Posted by staypositivefriend (#19)
    tfw i cant mindmeld with hally this game
    Quote Originally Posted by jump
    dear professor

i need an extension on this assignment if thats ok thank you so much or i can send you what i have already idk

kind regards
    hally

4. ISO #4
    AKA
    SilverKeith
    Pronouns
    Any
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Neon (#21312)
    I'm hijacking this thread. This is now a Digimon World for the PSOne AAR.

5. ISO #5
    AKA
    SilverKeith
    Pronouns
    Any
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Neon (#21318)
    The game starts with Jijimon asking you a bunch of $%#! to decide which digimon to start with.

Night, obviously, it's where wolves do best.

I named myself Neon and my Digimon Haru just because I could.

Thanks, very cool.

6. ISO #6
    AKA
    SilverKeith
    Pronouns
    Any
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Neon (#21319)
    Me rn surrounded by villas:

Also, Ambient Track! This is what you hear whenever you're in File City, during the day:

Last edited by Doctor Neon; April 12th, 2021 at 10:57 PM.

7. ISO #7
    AKA
    SilverKeith
    Pronouns
    Any
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Neon (#21322)

The gist of the game is that you get Isekai'ed into the digimon world and have to go around "rebuilding" the village, which slowly over time faded away from digimon memories, and return them to "File City".

Haru is a Gabumon! Let's go!

8. ISO #8
    AKA
    SilverKeith
    Pronouns
    Any
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Neon (#21331)
    Jijimon Crib. We'll see it often cause it's at the center of town and he let's you know important stuff. House also gets fancier as you recruit more digimon for the city, which always blew my mind as a kid.

This is the meat farm. Yes they grow farm in meats, the $%#!ing vegan paradise lmao.

Forgot to talk about it is also a raising simulator kind of like the sims but your sims is a digimon. You have to feed it, take care of him, take him to the restroom, make him go to sleep when it's sleepy time, that kind of thing. Pretty cool tbh.

There's also a day/night timer and a happiness/discipline bar

This is the gym, we'll be training here. Depending on your stats, weight, happiness/discipline and your raise mistakes, you'll evolve into different digimon. We won't try to go for anything specific and just wing it instead.

9. ISO #9
    AKA
    SilverKeith
    Pronouns
    Any
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Neon (#21349)

We've encountered our first wild digimon! It's an agumon and he wants to fight.

$%#! his $%#! up haru! I missed screenshoting Haru doing a cool blue blaster but that's ok.

The combat system is easy, you just let your digimon do it's thing and heal him or w/e, the smarter your digimon is the more tactics it can follow, like "be offensive" "defend" or whatever, if your digimon is rly rly smart you can select exactly which attack he'll use.

We won easily so let's invite him to work for us at the city. Took some convincing but dats ok.

Agumon opened up a bank. Pretty capitalist of him if you ask me, I don't think it's the first thing the city needed but ok. You can store up items in the bank.

Also in pic, Haru is hungry, often we run out of meat cause they just give you 3, so you have to go in the wild to look for funky mushrooms to eat.

10. ISO #10
    AKA
    SilverKeith
    Pronouns
    Any
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Neon (#21368)
    Haru not in front of the thread

Also, I love the general aesthetics of File City and some parts of the game. It's a mix of a small forest but heavily mixed with circuits, trees that grow from electricity sockets, that kind of $%#!.

Native forest is our next stop, we'll find food, a couple of digimon to fight and get stronger, and maybe someone who's willing to join the city!

11. ISO #11
    AKA
    SilverKeith
    Pronouns
    Any
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Neon (#21389)

It's afternoon now. We encounter a Kunemon eating from a bush in the forest, but it's still not enough for him, stil hungry.

We give him some mushrooms from earlier in the forest and... he wasn't that much into it. Lettuce fight Haru!

Haru won but not as easy since he wasn't full HP. Haru has a higher speed which sometimes made Kunemon not being able to finish his attack bc it has a long wind up animation (it's pretty stronk). Also the $%#!ing bush blocked the view from Haru's cool attack. sigh.

We go back to the city. After a good night sleep (missed the screenshot oops), we find Kunemon.

He ate up so much grass that he cleared up a path inside the city! Now we can go directly to the east, whereas before we would have to traverse the forest to get there. There is a bridge that leads to a mysterious island, but the bridge is broken... for now.
    Another Ambient Track. This plays whenever there's an /Important/ battle, this is, one that moves the story forward in any way.

12. ISO #12
    AKA
    SilverKeith
    Pronouns
    Any
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Neon (#21422)

After some training at the gym we decide to keep exploring the forest to the south, and we find a cute palmon trying to blend in with the flowers!

Upon closer inspection, it was just a flower, my bad.

I prolly should be minding my own business instead of annoying plants. Oh well. Fight!

Palmon has poison effects which is a big oof. Prolly our toughtest fight yet, but we pull ahead in the end cause Palmon runs out of MP and we had one MP item from an earlier fight.

We invite the cute flower to our city, and she says yes because she doesn't like to fight

Palmon is reverse-vegan. And by reverse vegan I mean carnivore, she doesn't like to eat her plant friends. Therefore she's at the meat farm now!

Giant meat is very good. The regular meat is not nutritious enough for Haru who's in his important growing phase, and could cause him to have weight issues.

Palmon is also another $%#!ing capitalist I guess.

And now Tanemon gets to chill in a weird flowerpot! let's go~

13. ISO #13
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself

nice

14. ISO #14
    AKA
    SilverKeith
    Pronouns
    Any
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Neon (#21443)

Tsunemon here sometimes has new rumors about stuff that go down in town. Apparently the rare digimon only shows in the afternoon, so we might as well check that out. But until then...

Forgot I had to collect this. Here's a bunch of free $%#! they give you to start the game. Will come in useful. Thanks ~

You might not see him clearly, but Haru's training hard on that waterfall. He's doing his best!

We arrive at the beach and at the southest point there's a weird shadow in the water. That doesn't look like a fish...

I'm a wolf, so, answer would be no. Coelamon asks us about the town project and he seems interested... but for now, offers to help us cross the sea so we don't need to use the bridge. Pretty nice of him.

We're in the jungle baby! Tropical Jungle has a killer OST for a jungle zone, and is full of new digimon. Sadly we don't know our way yet, and Coelamon is nowhere to be seen, so we have no way of going back to File City :^(

15. ISO #15
    AKA
    SilverKeith
    Pronouns
    Any
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Neon (#21482)

How convenient! Just as we travel to the otherside of the bridge thanks to coelamon, the bridge gets repared! We decide to go because it's almost Haru's sleeptime and Jungle is a difficult zone for him anyway.

Bridge looking good. Some very cool (Biopunk? Tech Noir?) vibe goin around.

We decide to go west this time because we haven't gone there. We can't go north fwiw

The drill tunnels are close to the forest. We want to go there bc there are some Goburimon around, which are rookie digimon and shouldn't be so hard to defeat, but most importantly have some fire techniques which Haru has some chance to learn after defeating one.

Goburimon eats $%#! inside of the cave, but no new techniques. Deeper in the cave there's Drimogemon which is a champion digimon and it's a bit scary for Haru yet. Lettuce go back to the city.

16. ISO #16
    AKA
    SilverKeith
    Pronouns
    Any
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Neon (#21484)
    Another day, another chance to train yourself.

This one boosts defense don't judge me.

Not a lot going on today. Training, eating, $%#!ting, defeating some wild digimons, the usual.

At the afternoon we go back to Coela Point to see our friend Coelamon again and thank him for the ride last time.

Woah! A bit over the top perhaps but still glad that he's into the whole let's rebuild the city thingy. We chat a bit and he decides to help us, which gives us another habitant, let's go.

I thought this was the end of the day when suddenly...

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HARU IS DIGIVOLVING!!!!!!! CHECK OUT THOSE POLYGONS AND BITS REFORMING!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Haru's now a Tyrannomon! Omg he has grown so much he's so big now. I feel like a proud mom haha. Tyrannomon is a pretty decent digimon, I was surprised he evolved into him because you need a lot of weight I think and it didn't feel like Haru was that chonky.

In digimon world you can't evolve/devolve like in the series, once you digivolve that's it. He went from a Rookie digimon to a Champion. Next step is Ultimate but there's a long road till we get there.

Big boi stats.

17. ISO #17
    AKA
    SilverKeith
    Pronouns
    Any
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Neon (#21496)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Neon (#21492)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Neon (#21491)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oderus Urungus (#21485)

Why does he have a poop meter?
    wdym, you also have a poop meter.
    Like, we all do, you're not able to see it but this is a game so you can see it alongside your stats
    Actual answer:

When your digimon has to go, you need to take em to the nearest bathroom or use a portable toilet. If you don't then they, well, answer nature's call right there, like a dog. That counts as a care mistake (another thing that influences your digivolution), but also fills the poop meter, which is actually virus related. The poop just stays there and there's nothing you can do about it, the next time you go to the place it will still be there. When the poop meter is full, you automatically digivolve to Sukamon.

Sukamon for reference, viewer discretion advised

The good thing about Sukamon is that he can eat the poops all of your past digimon have left around the digiworld. Which when you think about it, isn't that weird because inside the digiworld everything is a bunch of 1s and 0s anyway.
    Last edited by Doctor Neon; April 12th, 2021 at 11:14 PM.

18. ISO #18
    AKA
    SilverKeith
    Pronouns
    Any
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Neon (#21502)
    Quote Originally Posted by LanMisa (#21499)
    From what I remember reading game magazines back when the game came out, many playtesters couldn't figure out how exactly toilets in the game worked and how to deal with the poop meter. Maybe it was because the game was in English and back then most games were translated. Or maybe the German translation just sucked, I can't say.
    The game does have some funky mechanics to it, specially when it comes to digivolution requirements. I think that in itself the whole "care mistakes" thing would be hard to figure out bc it's subjective and you can't exactly keep track of it aside from poop.

For the toilets itself to actually make them use the portable toilet you have to "scold" them when they refuse to use it. Then they'll use it after that and it boosts discipline without being too harsh on happiness.

This popped up in my recommended when I was looking for the game OST.

19. ISO #19
    AKA
    SilverKeith
    Pronouns
    Any
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Neon (#21507)
    Some night training before calling it a day.

So, Haru being a big boi now has it's pros and cons.

On the plus side, he has better stats, obviously, and he's able to master different techniques. Keep in mind we only have like one basic punch technique and the ultimate attack that's unique to each digimon. So we can tackle more harder zones/digimon and explore more places.

On the negative side, uhh, he eats a $%#!ton. Like 5 pieces of meat for meal, and he has like 2 or 3 meals a day. I'll have to go battling to earn money to feed him, bc the free ammount of meat they give me at the farm isn't enough. He also has a different sleep where he sleeps at like 3 am lol.

So, off we go to the caves again to fight more goburimon. I think they have both fire/fighting techniques which can be learned by Haru

We encounter a blocked road just before the caves. Like the bridge situation, we can't go there yet.

We learnt spit fire from a goburimon inside the cave! This is like the basic fire technique but it's still better that what we were using.

Inside the tunnels we'll find a lot of drimogemon. A drimogemon is like a purple hamster the size of a car and instead of a nose they have a $%#!ing drill lmao. They look really fluffy also.

Inside the cave there's 3 main paths, we go to the south one first and find a drimogemon drilling.

"Today, we're drilling", he tells me.

"Tomorrow, we're drilling", he insists.

Welp, at least the guy likes his job. We go to the path on the right to find yet another drimogemon drilling.

Tf do you think I am, do you think Haru evolved yesterday or some $%#!?

He thinks I'm some kind of idiot so we go to the left path to find the rest zone. Here the drimogemons who are working in the tunnels can eat/relax, have his break, whatever. Pretty chill place so whoever is hiring here is prolly a more respectable boss than the one I had at my last job. Here we find another drimogemon, this time not drilling.

You might think he's chilling by the pic but in the game he's actually moving erratically, like a dog trying to scratch himself or me having a nightmare last night about Lissa surviving the night and peeking me.

So of course we help him by beating the $%#! out of him.

Haru got smarter by digivolving and now he can use "Attack" command.

Apparently the guy was having a heat stroke or some $%#!. Down the caves it gets very hot, which favors Haru a ton because he has fire affinity, so he's super happy every time we're around.

Ayyy. He thanks us and asks if there's any way to repay us, so we drop the ol' reliable: "Well y'know, there's this new city we're rebuilding and..."

Y'know my last comment about the guys who runs the place here? Yeah discard it he's prolly not a good boss.

Prolly no surprise than in this greedy capitalist digiworld there's worker exploitation I guess. He tells us that he can come to the city when the tunnel is finished, so we, like the good ppl we are, offer to help.

We go to the guy who's in charge apparently and well well well if it isn't the guy from before. Now we have some street cred with the ppl from around here so he has to hear us.

"Lemme help by diggin yo'"

I didn't go to college for this wtf. Carry dirt pfff. You wish.

And then the mofo starts to sweet talk us. It's a learning experience, you can train, you need the money, it'll look good on your resume...

NEON WHAT ARE YOU DOING NOOOO STOOOOOOOOOP

And thus it starts.

The "Manual Labor" arc.

20. ISO #20
    AKA
    SilverKeith
    Pronouns
    Any
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Neon (#21509)
    Guys there's 3 hours left in the day and I prolly have time to finish Manual Labor Arc but we'll be left in the middle of Retail Arc and it's such a waste because you kinda need Retail Arc to re-contextualize the previous Arc and also appreciate both the nuances and the foreshadowing.

Can we lunch another wolf so I can keep going tomorrow? Please, the game is decided already, the only relevant thing is whether Haru gets converted or not and/or wheter she gets in a shot or not.

21. ISO #21
    AKA
    SilverKeith
    Pronouns
    Any
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Neon (#21528)
    So here's what my daily shift looks like.

First I'll have to explain what I'll be doing. There's a bunch of dirt right there and I have to put it in something that looks like a baby wagon, travel trough the mine, take the dirt outside, take the wagon back to the dirt pile, and talk to drimogemon. Repeat a bunch of times. The bad part is that the baby wagon looks like it's attached to Haru and it looks a bit degrading but sigh, what can you do, a job is a job.

Those 3 are Alberto, Rodolfo and Carlos. I've never learnt what their job is in all the time I've been here, but they're around.

We take the dirt outside...

We go back in without the dirt.

Don't mind me just working my shift.

At least I get money for it... I guess.

22. ISO #22
    AKA
    SilverKeith
    Pronouns
    Any
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Neon (#21531)
    Any Haruhi fans out there?

Cause we're into endless eight territory now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Neon (#21533)
    I could move on with the game and do other $%#! but I kinda do have to dig this tunnel.

I could rush trough it and talk about the cool $%#! that happens after I dig.

But the diggin process is so repetitive.

That you'll have to do it alongside me.

Suffer the banality of the dirt carrier.

We'll carry this one together.

23. ISO #23
    AKA
    SilverKeith
    Pronouns
    Any
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Neon (#21534)
    Day 1: We carry dirt.

Load up the dirt

Say hi to the guys.

Take dirt outside.

same old same old.

uh oh

the guys warned me about this. Should've payed more attention.

There's not a lot of ways of obtaining portable toilets at this stage of the game. And since I still have the wagon attached I have to go all the way back into the deep part to drop it and then make it all the way out of the mine to the nearest bathroom.

I don't think Haru's going to make it guys...
    Ambient OST. This isn't one of the good ones sadly. $%#!s prolly did it on purpose. Also keep in mind: Whenever Haru moves, his feet do a big DUM, DUM, DUM, DUM sound at every step he takes.

24. ISO #24
    AKA
    SilverKeith
    Pronouns
    Any
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Neon (#21537)
    Day 2: We carry dirt

Same as yesterday.

Just a bit different each time.

I wonder who dropped that there...Someone has to clean that and it ain't gonna be me.

We got some stats today at least....

Doing some extra hours, going back home late in the night.

25. ISO #25
    AKA
    SilverKeith
    Pronouns
    Any
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Neon (#21538)
    Day 3: We carry dirt.

Dirtpile staying as strong as ever.

This one goburimon is named Steve. I also don't know what he does but he's always looking at me work. At least sometimes you hear the other three laugh at each other...

That's still there....

Another day, another pay.

We at the rest room. There's meat here but it doesn't taste the same as the one that comes from the farm. We cook what we can and are happy for another day.

I think we might spend the night in the rest room so we're on time tomorrow, there seems to be a rudimentary hay bed around.

26. ISO #26
    AKA
    SilverKeith
    Pronouns
    Any
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Neon (#21539)
    Day 4: We carry dirt

You know how it goes.

Or as the drimogemons like to say...

You know the drill.

It seems rumors have spread that Haru was the one who took a $%#! in the middle of the lounge area. We argued that there was no proof but the size of the thing itself was almost as big as a goburimon so there's not a lot of room to argue.

$%#! it I'm leaving early tonight.

27. ISO #27
    AKA
    SilverKeith
    Pronouns
    Any
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Neon (#21540)
    Day 5: We carry dirt.

Today is kind of a weird day. There's still tension over the $%#! accident, and me leaving early last night.

The drimogemon in charge of the operation asked me to take a dirt report (or dirtport as they like to call it) to Carlos instead of the usual of carrying dirt.

You can't tell, but this was said sarcastically.

We still ended up carrying dirt.

You know the drill... hehe.

yup...

You drill the know... haha.

Steve told me that since I left earlier last night I'll have to work overnight until the morning and then again the next day.

He was kind of a little $%#! about and he threatened firing me. I said "Are you really going to fire me" while pointing at Haru. That's what I thought, I'm the one with the big $%#!ing dinosaur lol.

Haru did look at me weirdly when I said "fire me" instead of "fire us". Whatever.

We did do a couple extra hours. The only redeeming thing about this was that there's one drimogemon who was willing to cook for us at midnight. Apparently he lives here.

28. ISO #28
    AKA
    SilverKeith
    Pronouns
    Any
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Neon (#21541)
    Day 6: We carry dirt.

There is kind of a pond inside of the cave. I've seen some goburimon do their stuff in the pond but apparently is against the rules, yet everyone does it. Haru wasn't looking too happy so I dropped the topic.

You know the drill

You know the drill

You know the drill.

We had to evacuate early because there was some kind of accident today. It was very weird because everyone was still inside. Whatever, I'll use the chance to go home.

29. ISO #29
    AKA
    SilverKeith
    Pronouns
    Any
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Neon (#21552)
    Day 7: We carry dirt.

Haru said today he was tired of drill jokes and that they weren't funny anymore. I had to agree because he put on a serious face, but I'd still laugh if I hear one.

So apparently there wasn't an accident yesterday. They told me there was one, but all the time while they were telling us to evacuate, the drimogemons kept saying "this is not a drill, I repeat, this is not a drill" while they were holding in a laugh.

I'll admit that one was on us.

Also Alberto and the rest started making fun of us. They were kind of mean actually.

I wanted to let it slide but Haru kinda wasn't having it.

GO HARU, $%#! EM UP

I wonder if they forgot Haru was a firebreathing dinosaur.

As soon as Alberto fell the other two didn't want to fight anymore but Haru still kept going.

You know th.... You know how it goes. We carry dirt.

30. ISO #30
    AKA
    SilverKeith
    Pronouns
    Any
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Neon (#21559)
    Day 8: We carry dirt.

We're still at it.

Haru was kind of hungry today, I think mostly because of the exercise from yesterday.

We carry dirt.

Rodolfo wasn't at work today. I asked around and they told me it was Covid but that isn't even a thing in the digiworld.

Also Haru was really hungry and there still was an hour to lunch time. Haru said he was so hungry "He could eat anything".

Pond looking real nice after you get used to the smell.

Nobody was around at the lounge. Alberto's lunch was in the floor which is kind of weird since he always carries it around. Finders keepers I guess.

31. ISO #31
    AKA
    SilverKeith
    Pronouns
    Any
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa (#21568)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Neon (#21564)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrypotato (#21561)
    Yeah now the game looks really boring now.
    That's the whole point of the Manual Labor Arc.

You're supposed to enjoy it ironically.
    It kinda works tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Haru Okumura (#21576)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Neon (#21573)
    I want to end up this part but to do this I actually have to finish the dirt carrying job lol.
    an accurate description of the work force. slowly drains you of your enthusiasm while you repeat the same menial task every day.

32. ISO #32
    AKA
    SilverKeith
    Pronouns
    Any
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Neon (#21578)
    Day 9: We carry dirt.

Day 78: We carry dirt.

Haru had another accident.

Day 169: We carry dirt.

Day 358: We don't carry dirt.

Today's Haru's birthday so I took him to this neat waterfall for a shower.

Day 451: We carry dirt.

Day ???: We carry dirt.

I can't even see the dirt pile anymore. Must be losing my head.

Apparently we're done with the job.

I hate that this dude just used "WE" and "MOST".

He says it still will take some time until they finish the tunnel. I told him to go $%#! himself.

After all this time, there's a tunnel.

And with this, the Manual Labor Arc, my job at the tunnel, and myself in the bastard mash, all come to and end.

33. ISO #33
    AKA
    SilverKeith
    Pronouns
    Any
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Neon (#21579)
    We enter the tunnel right there to see what await us.

What's inside? The mistery after all this time gets unveiled.

Follow me next time for the next major arc...

Return of the Manual Labour: Boulder Pushing Arc

34. ISO #34
    AKA
    SilverKeith
    Pronouns
    Any
    So, that was all which was posted in the game. Next time I'll actually continue with Haru and Neon's adventure, but not right now because I have to sleep.

35. ISO #35
    Connoisseur of Spice nutella's Avatar Discord Moderator
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    avatar art credit to chardonnay/bland

36. ISO #36
    I'm Haru Okumura and this is my favorite thread in the citadel

37. ISO #37
    vast tonal gap Lissa's Avatar Moderator
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    Ultimate Mafia / Mafia Universe
    I'm happy this exists
    Quote Originally Posted by benneh (#28799)
    she's hard defended 90% of the dead wolves and the whole thread still wants to wish her happy birthday

38. ISO #38
    AKA
    SilverKeith
    Pronouns
    Any
    Luckily for us, the boulder pushing arc isn't really a thing.

$%#! I was born for this. Rock pushing is my passion. Just let me roll up my sleeves a bit and...

Extremely easy.

Haru growled at me a bit. C'mon Haru, /WE/ are a team! I wonder where he learnt that from, geez.

Yeah whatever lol just lemme go I need to know what the $%#! is in the tunnel.

endofevangelionposter.jpg

$%#!s really were digging TOWARDS A VOLCANO. Can't make this $%#! up. And then they wonder why the get heat strokes and $%#!. I mean I guess there's no OSHA equivalent in the digiworld so can't really blame'em there.

We'll try to go into the Volcano tomorrow, prolly need to prepare well for this.

39. ISO #39
    Community
    Rajah, The Center
    I'm gonna love this until you get to where my copy of the game freezes and have never gotten past.

Legit, my copy freezes in Freeze Land, on the same screen where it says "Freeze Land" as I try to make my way to the Ice Sanctuary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion (#2780)
    psycho

you are a beacon of sanity

40. ISO #40
    Hype! Arapocalypse's Avatar Discord Moderator
    Community
    Mafia Games Discord
    AKA
    Ara
    We carry dirt!!!
    Message a ghost at Arapocalypse#0834!

[9:07 AM] boq, bbt's boss: Be Boq
    [9:07 AM] boq, bbt's boss: Wait for the principal in the cafeteria
    [9:07 AM] boq, bbt's boss: Be offered coffee by the peeps there
    [9:08 AM] boq, bbt's boss: "Nice"
    [9:08 AM] boq, bbt's boss: Grab a random mug. Enjoy your coffee. Notice that it says "principal's mug" on it

41. ISO #41
    AKA
    SilverKeith
    Pronouns
    Any
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier (#39)
    I'm gonna love this until you get to where my copy of the game freezes and have never gotten past.

Legit, my copy freezes in Freeze Land, on the same screen where it says "Freeze Land" as I try to make my way to the Ice Sanctuary.
    Fun fact every PAL version of the game is bugged, you can't access Ogremon Fortress, an Agumon blocks the way and you can't battle him to move. This locks you out from a significant portion of the game, including the ending. Every spanish version of the game was PAL and bugged. My dumbass childself bought the game 3 times to get past it but it never did anything.

42. ISO #42
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Neon (#41)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier (#39)

Fun fact every PAL version of the game is bugged, you can't access Ogremon Fortress, an Agumon blocks the way and you can't battle him to move. This locks you out from a significant portion of the game, including the ending. Every spanish version of the game was PAL and bugged. My dumbass childself bought the game 3 times to get past it but it never did anything.
    oh oof

thats quite the bug

43. ISO #43
    AKA
    SilverKeith
    Pronouns
    Any
    I was somewhat busy these past weeks but we back at it with Haru.

We start the day by teaching everything I learned in school about volcanoes. Which amounts to nothing because I was sick the day they did that one specific volcano experiment in class.

We make sure to stock up on provisions and $%#! for our fight. Small recovery and MP floppys are somewhat the equivalent of HP/MP potions, and you can carry /a lot/ of them, so most of the battles become a lot easier if you threw a $%#!ton of recovery items at your digimon. The problem is that if enemy digimons are a lot stronger that you, they can oneshot you, or you might end up spending all 99 recovery items you brought... which aren't cheap btw, so our biggest enemy in this world, once again, is obtaining money. Which as you might remember was kind of a pain in the $%#!.

Haru found one of those funky mushrooms! It description reads "Boost happiness, but risky".

That... uhmm...

I told Haru it was very poisonous but he didn't know what that was. I told him it meant it tasted really bad and he seemed a sad about it.

He asked me then why I was storing the item in the backpack. I changed subjects. Let's enter the cave.

We find Meramon in here. He is the one responsible for all the heat (he's made of fire), and is also the boss of the drimogemon.

Apparently in ancient times there used to be a Volcano here who was a big deal, he's trying to put it back in action because, and I $%#! you not, the heat here is the only thing that can properly cook the "sickest digimon meat you'll ever eat in your life".

I told him "lol just use an oven", and had to explain to him what an oven was.

Apparently he wasn't too keen on the idea of exploiting the power of the fire like that. He had this idea where he'd put a restaurant around the lava river (like how you'd place a hydroelectrical plant on a water river) so the food would be warm for longer.

Honestly I was almost interested in tasting anything that was worth this much trouble. But then he said he was looking for employees, remarking that a firebreathing dinosaur would be a great fit for the team, and told me about the initial pay we'd get.

I knew where this was going.

Sorry but we kinda have to beat the $%#! out of you.

HA! All the training in the heat of the caves made us prepared for all the fire you have. Your attacks are useless on us!

Now Haru, use your ultimate! Fire brea-

Ah $%#!.

Took some time but we defeat Meramon. "Not so hot anymore, huh? Get it, because you're made of fire"

It seems not every digimon is into puns, because Meramon called me "a bunch of anthropomorphized meat running on electricity". I don't even know what he meant.

After some... emh... convincing, he agreed to join the city, not without having some conditions first.

One of the conditions was that we should carry the dishwashers out of the cave. Very funny Meramon. He can't possibly have a dishwasher while not knowing what an oven is, right?

I $%#!ing hate Digimon sometimes.

44. ISO #44
    AKA
    SilverKeith
    Pronouns
    Any
    Now that the cave is Meramon-Free, the lava river is no more and the heat cave is back to a regular cave.

We can go to some paths the lava blocked before, and there we find some digimon we haven't seen before.

DemiMeramon are like baby meramon flames and they are also very cute.

The Lava has hardened.

Wtf is even a Meramon card lol. Sounds sketchy.

After all this time we /still/ can't go across the cave. I'm pretty sure we both could fit trough that hole but ok whatever. Keep on doing your thing I guess.

This was West of the city, north of the cave/tunnels. This is the next place we'll visit... but not now, because it's night and Haru has to eat before having his good night sleep. I wonder if Palmon is still awake so she can sell me some meat.

$%#! Meramon with every inch of my being.

"Everyone else is too incompetent so I'll do everything by myself". I'm not eating here ever, the prices are too high dude.

Ok so Haru had a bit of a tantrum over eating here and whaddayaknow turns out it does increase your stats, so, uhh... we might be here everyday I guess, ye.

We ask Yuramon about any new rumors before parting, just to see what's new.

Imagine being the guy who has to built a $%#!ing invisible bridge lol.

Yuramon also strongly advised me not to enter the new area that just oppened up yet, because apparently I don't have enough "street cred level".

I think I know a thing or two about the digital world, I'll be fine. Let's just head to the new zone and-

45. ISO #45
    AKA
    SilverKeith
    Pronouns
    Any
    We vanquish the Goburimon and thus enter a new area, MT Panorama.

This $%#! my jam. Really dig how the nature feels at peace with the machinery. Some Aruraumon in the pic, those are basically Palmon recolors which makes you feel like there are more digimon in the game I guess, lol.

"If we stay still they might not see us"

A group of gotsumon and goburimon were ready to fight. Welp, one of them wasn't really feeling it. We learn "War Cry" from that fight, which is a generic stat boost move, but better than what we have right now. Go Haru!

Some Flarerizamon here. This is yet another digimon made of fire.

They like to scream into the void and that's how the move heat laser is produced. I didn't manage to screencap it, but this move hit's everything around, even other digimon, which sometimes causes the digimon in the wild to start battling each other. Just like real life :^)

We get through MT Panorama (there's not a lot to do for now) and we reach Gear Savanna! I love the OST for this site, it really feels adventure-like.

We can see Haru in all of his low polygon splendor. There's a zebra going back and forth and another one pretending to be cool by looking at the horizon in a cliff.

Someday Haru. Someday.

We go a bit deeper into the place and we fine a Dark Patamon and some ugly recolor of Goburimon. Apparently the recolor are called "variations" or "Subspecies", and Patamon's one is called Tsukaimon.

He told me he was tired of living in Patamon's shadow, because everyone knows who patamon is but no one has ever heard of Tsukaimon.

I honestly felt sorry for the guy and felt like he might use some help from us. Told him he should rebrand as "ShadowPatamon" because it was a cool name and people would take him seriously.

Geez, can't believe how ungrateful some digimon can be. I really thought the name ShadowPatamon was so good that now he should give me something in return for my renaming services. Apparently he was very cheap or something because he didn't took it very well. He abruptly used a weird move on Haru and was instantly sent to the shadow realm for his insolence.

Haru can now use Dynamite Kick. So I guess in some way, we did get something in return. It actually does a $%#!ton of damage and can even stun, but the best part is seeing a big red dinosaur kick the $%#! out of someone, very funny.

46. ISO #46
    Community
    Rajah, The Center
    Mt. Panorama/Gear Savannah was always an area that made me feel like I was finally getting somewhere in the game. I remember seeing it in the strategy guide for a long time before I ever actually made it there.

And you're right, that soundtrack piece is a BANGER
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion (#2780)
    psycho

you are a beacon of sanity

47. ISO #47
    AKA
    SilverKeith
    Pronouns
    Any
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier (#46)
    Mt. Panorama/Gear Savannah was always an area that made me feel like I was finally getting somewhere in the game. I remember seeing it in the strategy guide for a long time before I ever actually made it there.

And you're right, that soundtrack piece is a BANGER

Night version also sick, if you have digimon who are active during the day you don't get to hear a lot of the night OST, which is a shame.

Also yeah you also get a couple of digimon into the city really easily on Gear Savannah, and it also is connected to a couple of cool event/locations.

48. ISO #48
    AKA
    SilverKeith
    Pronouns
    Any
    So we are uhhh kind of really far away and night is coming, but we're still here so we might as well explore Gear Savannah more.

They weren't kidding, the streets are tough around here.

It's only a goburimon so it should be a pretty easy fight for us. But there's no need to get involved after all~

Omg it's him. It's the guy from the cereal box, AKA Furry Daddy.

Leomon comes in and saves the day, because obviously a sword wielding humanoid lion sells more as a hero than a silly red dinosaur.

I hate this guy already. Imagine actually helping people just for the sake of helping. Imagine not asking them to come to your city. Not even ask them to join your weird MLM company or those referral friends you need on your obscure mobile game.

If you hadn't come in I'd have already kidnapped Patamon into the town for the glory of File City, in exchange for his life, to force him into a life of labor for our profit as adventurers.

We're real life heroes Haru, don't get any weird ideas from this guy. We do the $%#! other people don't want to do.

I'll follow him to his house to tell him off actually.

His whole crib is like a training gym omg can't believe this $%#!. Apparently he can only talk comfortably with me in his "designated cliff to look down from".

I told him he $%#!ed me over in the Patamon thing and now I need someone to take Patamon place in the city. I mean, he /owes/ me, Patamon was practically in the bag I just needed to save him there and bam, new dude in town.

Because I actually want this guy to join the city I had to abstain from making a joke here, which is a shame cause I had 10 different ones, and only like half of them were furry-related.

Find I'll find... whatever the $%#! is it you're looking for.

But first you'll have to let me use your sick training instalations because I'll have whatever workout you're having, like, just look at those abs man.

GANBARE HARU!

We spent the night in Leomon's house. And by spent the night I mean sleep on the floor in the area because wild digimon don't dare to go around here. I wonder why lol.

We wake up and head on to explore more of the Savanna. We then find Biyomon, who is, for some reason, trying to avoid us. Biyomon is kind of fast actually and doesn't want to get caught. Every time we go to her she starts running away.

The worst part is that she's Naruto-Running.

I use all of my brainpower to come up with a failproof plan: We each come from a different direction.

YES! Haru coming clutch from the other side, she now has nothing to escape and has to hear what we have to say.

That small piece of pink you see next to Haru is Biyomon. Haru is just so big he covers most of Biyomon.

We can now talk to Biyomon and invite her to the city. C'mon girl we're just on a recruitment mission for-

[...]