Thread: Mother's Day Massacre (May Ultra-Light Game)

1. ISO #1

Mother's Day Massacre (May Ultra-Light Game)

Mother's Day Massacre
    May Ultra-Low Volume Game

Note: This is an extremely low volume game, for people who don't want to spend a lot of time on a mafia game for whatever reason. If a limit of 30 posts a day or a per-post character limit sounds like a nightmare to you, you are not the intended audience for this game! Please only sign up for this game if you are sure that a postcap of 30 is not going to make you miserable. For an example of what to expect, you can look at the posts from the last time bbt ran a game like this.

About character limits: There will be a hard limit of 30 posts per day, with a character limit of 2000 characters per post, in order to keep the volume a bit more predictable.
    • There will be an icon that shows up in the post editor (you will need to use either Standard Editor or WYSIWYG) that you can click to enable the character counter. When enabled, a character counter will show up in the bottom right corner of the editor. This counter will not update automatically; you'll need to click the Character Count button or the character counter itself to update the count.
    • The character counter will only show up once you've actually clicked into the post editor, and this only happens in game threads. If you want to try it out, you can try clicking in the editor in this test game, for example.
    • BBCode tags and the contents of img, video, url, and quote tags will not count towards the character limit.
    • If you have a lot of content you want to post at once, you're still absolutely welcome to do so; you'll just have to split it into multiple posts and it'll take up more of your post quota.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawoodle (#483)
    Now that we know the alignments of the wagons on day 1, we can do proper analysis.

The fact that the top two wagons were villa strongly indicates that at least one wolf is off wagon since wolves don't care as much who is eliminated if their partners are not in the mix. This would point to Ichigo, Egix and Hydre as potrntial scum (and yes, I know that Egix said they were going to be afk, but it's still a wolfy vote placement, especially when all their votes were sheeps.)

Looking at day 2, it gets more complicated because we don't know jeeper's alignment. But we can still draw some conclusions.

If jeeper is scum, it reflects poorly on me and Egix for voting their counter wagon. It also looks good for mor, ichigo and enkidu in that order since there was really no reason to try to shift wagons there an hour before EoD (I put them in that order because it is entirely possible that enkidu still expected Wisdom to flip with all the votes on her. Ichigo was a sheep vote so gets no credit one way or the other and mor had no reason to jump on a partner 1 minute to EoD). Hydre also looks okay for not voting to save Jeeper when there was a viable wagon.

If Jeeper is town, ichigo and mor look slightly better for calling wisdom likely town and voting to save her. Everybody else looks bad to some extent. Enkidu voted Jeeper instead of my slot (which already had a vote, and was a strong scum read if wisdom flipped town) or mor (who was scum in all of enk's worlds) or Wisdom who they had been pushing to flip all day. ikka, Hydre and Kajot were all off wagon (Kajot being off is particularly egregious because she seemed to town read wisdom, but didn't bother to move her vote when my slot was clearly bit gaining traction). And then my slot and Egix both voted Wisdom who was one of the strongest solvers yesterday.

Writing this up, @Kurosaki Ichigo why were you willing to sheep enkidu off of Wisdom and onto Jeeper yesterday instead of any of the other options at EoD?

If you want to play a low-postcount game but don't have the time now: I'll be hosting another game with longer phases and a 30 post limit in a month or a game with the same phase length and a 20 post limit (with no character limits) in ~2 months. Let me know if you want to be on the ping list!

Setup: Cop 9er or 13er with no n0 peak
    Flavor: Probably nonexistent, but open to requests/suggestions
    Hosted by: @Dawoodle
    Start Date: Monday, May 17, 8 pm EDT
    SOD/EOD: 8 pm EDT (5 pm PDT, 12 am UTC)
    Phase Lengths: 48h/24h
    Out of Thread Communication: Mafia only
    Posting Requirement: Minimum of 5 posts per day phase, hard maximum of 30 posts per day phase which will not be lifted at any point in the phase. Hard limit of 2000 characters per post. No posters will be prodded ~12 hours into the day phase and may be subbed out ~24 hours into the day phase if they cannot be reached.
    Note: Even though this is a low volume game, you are still expected to contribute at a reasonable level. Some variation is expected due to life, but you can expect most people to post at least 10-15 times per day phase (with some variability in post length).

• Majority will be disabled for this game, except when votes are locked.
    • Votes are automatically locked in when the Town must eliminate correctly.
    • Sleep is enabled. Vote for Sleep to forgo an elimination that Day.
    • Tied votes will result in a player being lynched at random from among the tied players.

Last edited by Dawoodle; Today at 03:02 PM.

2. ISO #2
    Community
    Neoseeker
    AKA
    Carlos
    No posters will be prodded ~12 hours into the day phase and subbed out ~24 hours into the day phase if they cannot be reached.
    Seems excessive in a ultra-low volume 72er @Dawoodle? Was otherwise going to play if this rule weren't here.

3. ISO #3
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCarter (#2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawoodle (#1)
    No posters will be prodded ~12 hours into the day phase and subbed out ~24 hours into the day phase if they cannot be reached.
    Seems excessive in a ultra-low volume 72er @Dawoodle? Was otherwise going to play if this rule weren't here.
    I don't think it's unreasonable to expect everyone to check in at least once in the first half of a 48 hour day phase. It doesn't even have to be a post in the thread (although that would be preferred). I will accept a simple note acknowledging that the player remembers the game exists, but will not have time to post until later in the phase.

(I am also not strict about subbing right at 24 hours and typically call off the sub if a player starts posting before I have confirmed with anyone. I have updated the language in the OP to reflect this.)

4. ISO #4
    Timezone
    UTC+08:00
    Community
    PokéBeach
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself

5. ISO #5
    Starting the mass pings and recruitment. As always, if you can't play this game but want to be added to the list, let me know. On the other hand, if you are tired of getting monthly pings from me, you'll just have to deal with it let me know as well, and I'll remove you from the list.

On an unrelated topic, if you have any ideas for a setup you'd like me to try, let me know. As you can probably tell, I got kind of lazy with setup this time.
    Last edited by Dawoodle; Yesterday at 11:06 AM.

6. ISO #6
    Timezone
    Community
    tarvalon.net
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    Yeah chuck me in. Probably can get one more in before champs

/in

7. ISO #7
    Timezone
    UTC-05:00
    AKA
    Haven, TH
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + she/her/her/hers/herself
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleHaven (#284)
    HEY $%#!S
    Since some people obviously don't know this, even though it should be BASIC COMMON SENSE, I guess i have to point it out. if you are PR, and are about to be misyeeted, YOU NEED TO CLAIM. You need to claim with at least 45 seconds, preferably 1 minute left so that people have time to refresh and unvote you. If you claim at 30 seconds, if you claim at 15 seconds, if you don't claim at all, YOU WILL BE MISYEETED. PR staying alive is extremely important for town. There was a post on the general mafia forum about win rates when PR is yeeted D1 in turbos and its 1/14 or some $%#!.

I'm not going to call this gamethrowing, because some new players might not understand how important PR is to a setup, and others come from sites where you can't claim as PR. But please, for the love of god, claim if you're being killed. Thank you.

Copypasta over.

8. ISO #8
    Timezone
    UTC-07:00
    Community
    CFC
    AKA
    Kirsten
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    DkKoba: you're maybe not so much ego, but like, if an ego player had bottom energy lol?

9. ISO #9
    Community
    Thrillerbark

10. ISO #10
    Timezone
    Community
    ShanniiWrites Forum
    ╰⊱♥⊱╮ღ꧁ 可惜沒有如果 ꧂ღ╭⊱♥≺