Welcome to Open World Mafia 1.2 Sign ups
Hosted by Guillotina, Trustworthy Liberal and Timsup2nothin
Open World simulates a huge RPG sandbox with a plethora of characters, abilities and items to choose from. The game runs on a fictional currency we’ll call GIL.
Role abilities can be purchased with GIL via Private Message ONLY.
Most roles can be purchased by either alignment this time, with very few exceptions.
These abilities will be displayed publicly for purchase (in the store) in the OP.
There is only ONE COPY of each ability.
Items can only be purchased if you meet the requirements to use them. Items can only be attempted to buy over private messages.
Players will get $600 gil after the first 48 hours of each day have passed.
Players' inventory and GIL balance will be kept private. Roles are displayed publicly for purchase but not who has them, nor will be known that a role is no longer available until someone flips with it.
This game is considered bastard because of abilities that might force the host to lie to a player and certain game events that may alter the path of the game.
There may or may not be game events.
We cannot guarantee game balance.
Further information will be posted in the Open World 1.2 Info Discord Server channel
No player from any alignment may own two killing roles at the same time.
Great Fun Comes with Great Responsibility!
Game Play and Rules (MUST READ!) ;)
- This is a very high variance Open setup.
- Game starts June 14th, 12:00 PM EDT
- SoD/SoN at 12:00 PM EDT.
- Game phases are 72/24
- DISCORD is mandatory. We reserve the right to make exceptions to this rule.
- Flakes will be reported.
- 10 posts minimum requirement within the first 24 hours of every SoD phase will be enforced, failing to meet it will not get you replaced but something much worse may get you the next night.
- During the day phase, players will VOTE: PERSON if they suspect that person of being a MAFIA. The modbot will post a vote count every 6 hours. It takes a majority of votes on a single person to send that person to a fitting punishment, at which point I will reveal their role and they will no longer be allowed to post in the thread. If no majority is reached by deadline, the yeet will be decided by plurality, if no plurality then a random yeet will occur between the ties. . UNLESS...
- Players may also VOTE: SLEEP. If this receives a majority of the votes then nobody will be sent off.
- MAJORITY DOES NOT end the day early until Final 9.
- Players with a Day Phase action may activate them anytime during day phase (PMs will explain how). During the night phase, players with special abilities will PM me on their OPEN WORLD SERVER private chat only to use their abilities and actions (unless I made an special exception for you). Mafia will also vote on who to kill in the chat and the mafia leader will decide who does the actual killing.
- The Town wins the game when they successfully eliminate all threats to the group and at least one townie is alive. The Mafia wins the game when there is no way to stop them becoming equal in number to the town and all other factions are dead. There may also be Demons with roles in this game with their respective winning conditions.
- Mafia can multitask but they cannot proxy each other's individual actions.
- You can only purchase Role Abilities and Items via private message in our dedicated discord server. Purchases have a default of 30% chance of failing, if your purchase fails after the first two attempts, you will have to wait until next the next day to try again.
- Roles that you buy stay permanently on your character until you die, they are stolen from you or you repurpose.
- Roles actions have a 70% chance of success only unless you are classed.
- Classes cost GIL.
- If you die, so do the abilities that you acquired except for Roles that ignore this rule.
- If you are revived, you come back as a different character randomly assigned to you, as long as you can pay the G100 for the character. If not, you can’t come back to life. You cannot copy and paste what you find in the dead channel but you can paraphrase.
- Players can only hold ONE ITEM at a time unless you are personally told otherwise.
- Roles and GIL CANNOT be transferred between players, unless there is a role that directly influences otherwise. ITEMS can be transferred ONCE per cycle.
- Do not quote anything from your PMs with me. If you want to claim your role, do it by paraphrasing what I sent you.
- Don't talk to other players about the game outside of the game thread unless your role says you can. Don’t get caught and risk a modkill and a permanent ban from all mafia games we host in the future.
- You are not allowed to post in the game thread after you have died except at the Game Host's discretion
- There is an UNSPOILED graveyard chat.
- There is no limit of Days and Nights. The game will finish when there is a winner.
- Due to being able to purchase up to two abilities, this game is considered Role Madness.
- VERY IMPORTANT. In games, not all players wish to be competitive, and no one is required to be excellent at the game; that is an individual's right. Do not degrade your fellow guests and fellow players by calling them stupid or bad. In casual conversation, if they ask you to stop using insults / slurs / bigoted language or to quit attacking or bashing people, even if you think it is a joke, it is no longer a joke. Please stop. If you don’t stop, a warning will hint you that you must. After that, it’s mod kill time and I always have my guillotine ready!
- Mafia, as a game, can only work when the players inside the game abide by a certain kind of fiction. It's not roleplaying, not exactly, but the idea that a mafia game exists inside its own little bubble is what prevents games from degenerating into rampant angleshooting, prevents games from spilling over into other games, and lets us call each other liars without making it a personal attack. Respect and embrace the bubble but do not abuse it to break rule 28.
- Mafia has a mandatory and assigned factional kill.
- There IS a SOUP KILL mechanic in this game
- The host reserves the right to add rules and make adjustments to fix unforeseen loopholes during the game.
- Demons default wincon is reaching parity to town and all mafia members death. This wincon changes with roles that are specific for third parties that come with their own win condition. Demons quantity changed from three to two. Demons can choose between being able to buy three abilities but can never buy items or the standard two abilities and one item.
If the first one then the demon can never repurpose.
- I will only answer to questions about the roles and items you buy, I will ignore all questions about roles you have not purchased and about game mechanics. This is a game about solving mysteries, so do that!
- There is a limit of 310 posts per day phase that will never lift. This is to prevent making it a chore for everyone to follow and play the game due to hyper posting.
- Game winners will get "Deck Mafia" booster packs as prize.
Sign up and Pick Your Character From This List.
|Spiritus |Rock Fist
|White Robe |Randy
|Doc Marl |Cat