Page 1 of 111 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 8, Game 3: The Great Zoo Escape [The Mafia Championship]

1. ISO #1
    Mantichora's Avatar Game Manager
    Community
    MiniMafia
    Season 8, Game 3: The Great Zoo Escape [The Mafia Championship]

SEASON 8, GAME 3: THE GREAT ZOO ESCAPE (MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP)

Welcome to Season 8 of the Mafia Championship!

An international forum-based tournament for Mafia players from all over the world

Hosted By: Our automated @Mafia Host w/ @Dawoodle providing flavor
    Start Date: May 31st, 2021
    Start of Day/End of Day: 9 PM EDT
    Phase Lengths: 48/24
    Elimination Mechanics: Deadline Elimination (person with most votes is eliminated at the end of the deadline). In case of a tie, one of the tied players will randomly be eliminated. Sleep is a valid vote. Starting Day 2, Majority is enabled, meaning the players can end day early if someone attains a majority of the votes.
    Night Chat In Thread: No, thread will be locked during Night Phases
    Out of Thread Communication: Only the Mafia team may communicate with each other outside of the thread (24/7)
    LYLO Rules: Votes are automatically locked in at LYLO. I.e. when the game reaches a point where one more miselimination leads to a loss, you cannot change your vote once you have cast it.
    Minimum Posting Requirement: Minimum 10 posts per Game Day
    Maximum Posts Allowed: 150 posts per player per Game Day (restriction is lifted 2 hours before EOD though, so if you've reached your max you can post again at that time).

2x Mafia Goons
    1x Mafia Roleblocker
    1x Town Motion Detector
    1x 1-Shot Town Vigilante (n2+)
    1x Town Doctor
    9x Vanilla Townie

Flips are alignment only.

• Day start.
    • Majority elimination is enabled Day 2+, but majority is not required at any point for the elimination.
    • Tied votes will result in a player being eliminated at random from among the tied players.
    • No outside communication. I.e. you may not contact the other players outside of the thread (unless you are Mafia and wish to speak with your teammates).
    • Mafia factional kills are assigned. They can be tracked, watched, roleblocked, etc. (In this setup, that means they display as an action to the Motion Detector action.)
    • Mafia share a factional Night Kill, which is a single standard shot for their faction. The mafia factional kill is mandatory.
    • Mafia may communicate at any time.
    • The Mafia Roleblocker may submit both their roleblock and the factional kill
    • The Mafia Roleblocker and Town Doctor may not target the same player on consecutive nights
    • A Town Motion Detector result stating "Your action has failed" means that the motion detector was roleblocked

The game will have a host to oversee everything and make sure everyone’s following the code of conduct, but otherwise the game is completely automated (automatic votecounts, thread locks and reveals alignments automatically, the bot receives and processes actions, etc.).

Mafia Roleblocker Role PM:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafia Host
    Role PM for Example Game

You are Mafia Roleblocker. You win when you overpower the town and eliminate any other evil faction(s) in the game. Your teammates are:

Mafia Team

Mafia Chat: ...

As Mafia, you have access to the Factional Night Kill Night Action. Players targeted with this action will die at the end of the Night unless protected. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

If no Mafia submit an action, a player will be picked at random from the living non-Mafia players.

Mafia Roleblocker

As Mafia Roleblocker, you have access to the Roleblocking Night Action. Roleblocking another player prevents them from being able to successfully use any Night Action that they might have that night. You will not learn whether your target had a Night Action. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used. You cannot target the same player on consecutive nights.

If you do not submit an action, you will forego your action on that night.

Game Thread: ...

Town Motion Detector Role PM:

Role PM for Example Game

You are Town Motion Detector. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

Town Motion Detector

As Town Motion Detector, you have access to the Motion Detect Night Action. Motion Detecting another player will detect any motion surrounding that player that Night. If they visit someone or were visited by someone else, you will detect motion. If they did not visit anyone and were not visited by anyone, you will not detect motion. You will not learn what type of Night Action was used on or by your target or who used those actions. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

Town Vigilante (n2+) Role PM:
    Role PM for Example Game

You are 1-Shot Town Vigilante | Cycle 2+. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

Town Vigilante

As Town Vigilante, you have access to the Shoot Night Action. Players targeted with this action will die at the end of the Night unless protected. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used.

Cycle X

The Cycle X modifier makes your role restricted to one cycle. You may act during that cycle but will be unable to act before and after.

You can act on Cycle 2+ in this game.

X-Shot

The X-Shot modifier limits the number of times you can use your Night actions. If you spend all of your shots then you will not be able to use Night actions anymore.

You have 1 shots at the start of the game.

Game Thread: ...[/QUOTE]

Town Doctor Role PM:
    Role PM for Example Game

You are Town Doctor. You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated.

Town Doctor

As Town Doctor, you have access to the Protection Night Action. Protection will protect your target from being killed. You will not learn whether you successfully protected someone. Submit your Night Action each night using the form below the game thread. You may change your target as many times as you want. The last action submitted will be used. You cannot target the same player on consecutive nights.

# REPRESENTATIVE COMMUNITY BACK-UP(S)
    1 @alexa EpicMafia @illario
    2 @Angrypotato GreyWolf
    3 @AXIS TarValon.Net
    4 @Blue Jay 22 Canucks Community @falcon45ca
    5 @Bonatogether The Sock Drawer
    6 @Destinylives Grey Dog Software
    7 @Gellert Untrusted @lendunistus
    8 @Justinrs2 Play Diplomacy @sjg11
    9 @katze Throne of Lies @Underking
    10 @Lizard Cryptid Gamataria @Ceki
    11 @Melehan Wintreath @Silverfish
    12 @Sandwolf Something Awful
    13 @Storn Flash Flash Revolution @plopadop
    14 @TheGoldenTyranno DuelistGroundz
    15 @voth SSCU Trench Wars Forums @Jessup

Spectate the game on our Discord server

Read more about this season here
    Last edited by Arapocalypse; May 31st, 2021 at 07:07 AM.

2. ISO #2
    Community
    MiniMafia

1) alexa

REPRESENTING: EpicMafia

NATIONALITY: US

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2020

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: EpicMafia, Mafia Universe

BIO:

haiiii x3 my name is alexa!!! im super excited to be here!!! this is my first time playing in the Mafia Universe Championships, but i have a toooooooooon of experience in social games. what a lot of people don't know about me is that i'm the two time winner of TENGAGED stars, where i was known as teddybear/timecat/god. i plan to crush my opponents by throwing cows at them and if that doesn't work then i'll just ignore them until they ask me to stop ignoring them so i can say "whatever, ill still ignore you". i'm also gay o.o i like girlz haha holds up spork i luv to watch hannah montana with my girlfriend neopest (shoutouts babez XD) and she's almost as quirkyz as i am. i just hope i can at least make jury (another thing MU and tengaged have in common XD) oops i think i did something bad there? (TAYLOR SWIFT REFERENCE FOR ALL MY SWIFTIES LMFAO... if u kno u kno). thanks for having me guise!

(bio credit - neopest)

2) AngryPotato

REPRESENTING: GreyWolf

NATIONALITY: Singaporean

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2014

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Telegram mafia , Video mafia, MU, Chinese mafia and German mafia (once)

BIO:

Hi everyone, this is AP checking in from Singapore. Just in case you are wondering, what should be expect from AP?

In short, you should expect nothing and everything.

Here are some things you should expect from me.
    1. Ridiculous autocorrects in German on a frequent and regular basis
    2. No sense of Grammar rules whatsoever
    3. Insane stupidity at times
    4. Constant attempts to small talk
    5. Lots of fun, gifs and more gifs
    6. Strange stuff
    7. Be mildly embarrassing lols

As promised to Spec chat, I endeavour to make my presence as exciting as possible, thus presenting my first family tree of the game!

In this game, this family tree symbolises my read of you and the state of the game. The closer you are related to me, the townie you are.

This tree is just my first impressions of you
    ALEXA the Parent - Saw you in champs discord, says intelligent things = Parent of the family (I actually vibed all the players in this game, so I can actually give age , profession reads as well)

Bonatogther - Old $%#! avatar , naturally old as hell

AP- Me
    Golden T, my first partner - Played in champs before, seems mature and edgy , I Stan

I like Katie and storn for reasons and no reasons

Gellert and Axis are mildly scammer and seem like gamers so eh

Bluejay Voth and lizard are paired together because my brain thinks they are all edgy and goths people, like Metallica. It’s more due to me not knowing them lols.

Destiny Sand is like punk and rock people for even less reasons other than I think they are great rock band names.

Justin just feels like a cute baby and innocent, how i get to this conclusion is honestly beyond me.

In hindsight totally shouldn’t have written this, but weh. Lmao

3) AXIS

REPRESENTING: TarValon.net

NATIONALITY: Australian

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2015

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: TarValon.net, MafiaUniverse.com

BIO:

I’m Australian so I often come off unintentionally as brash, but I’ve learned to moderate that somewhat.

I like to play aggressively and turn the heat up under players to get reads on them.

I like activity and am the top poster in my home community, but I like contributing posts. Fluff spammers will draw my vote.

My favourite role is Vanilla Town, as you get to aggressively scum hunt without having to worry about losing the town a role potentially.

My favourite memory in mafia is probably as mafia false counter-claiming Cop and convincing the town to kill the real cop. Still makes me smile.

4) Blue Jay 22

REPRESENTING: Canucks Community

NATIONALITY:

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR):

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES:

BIO:

5) bonatogether

REPRESENTING: The Sock Drawer

NATIONALITY: American

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2020

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: webdip and sock drawer

BIO:

hi guys. i'm bona. i might be inactive every other week for part of the day. i say a lot of things that seem weird and get scumread for it even though im usually town. if you say happy late birthday for me i'll townread you. People also tunnel on me a lot.

keep calm and wear :socks:

6) Destinylives

REPRESENTING: Grey Dog Software

NATIONALITY: English but living in Thailand

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2005?

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Grey Dog Software

BIO:
    We didn't have anybody representing us so I asked on Discord if I could volunteer and nobody responded so I volunteered and here I am. I once got banned from playing mafia for spamming vote counts after I already died but now I have rebuilt and redesigned myself as bigger, stronger and faster Destiny. I am a man although I have a stripper name. I am in Thailand so will be on Thai time. When I am around most of the other players are usually sleeping so I end up talking to myself.

7) Gellert

REPRESENTING: Untrusted

NATIONALITY: Hungarian

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2018

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Epicmafia, Mindnight, and Untrusted

BIO:

I like playing social deduction games in general, and have an around 60% overall winrate, but I'm just here to either dominate the game, or just watch from the background. I'm usually pushing people who have suspicions, and watching what comes out of it. Don't really like to change my opinions on a player. I'd rather push what I have in my mind. Other people call me a good player, and I'm sure as hell experienced.

8) Justinrs2

REPRESENTING: Play Diplomacy

NATIONALITY:

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR):

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES:

BIO:

Hey all! I'm just a simple man who enjoys his mafia. I hold to the Ace Attorney Legal System in Mafia- guilty until proven innocent, and if you're town and I accuse you you need to find the actual scum. Sorry, I don't make the rules.

I'm not the best at mafia, but games I'm in are very rarely boring. Looking forward to playing with y'all.

9) katze

REPRESENTING: Throne of Lies

NATIONALITY: Florida

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): Late 2019

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Forum of Lies, Mafia Universe, The Syndicate (once )

BIO:

hi im katze im a pretty by the books player if i say so myself but i don't know how to write bios so i made a picture and asked for some quotes from my homesite and from spec chat (with some creative liberty)

Quote Originally Posted by sulit
    ti-84 plus ce graphing calculator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokon
    best pantheon wolf gravedigger
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshal
    Hi internet strangers, I have a real life name but you guys can call me “katze”. It’s actually the german word for cat, haha. It’s pronounced “kat-zuh”, for the record, and it’s a name i really just like using. Whenever I need to choose a profile picture, I choose a cat of course. I’m a kitty cat! I love randomly saying “meow”, or saying things like “meowch” instead of “ouch”, or “right meow” instead of “right now”. Did you guys know that before I actually spoke in forum of lies voice calls, i’d just randomly meow. How quirky! But there’s one thing to remember. IM NOT A FURRY!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chloe
    hi im katze and i love my sister shes the coolest most awesomeist sister in the world and shes so much better than me and her cats are wayyy cuter than mine and shes way better at fps games than me. like WAY better
    Quote Originally Posted by Arete
    Hello, everyone, my name is katze! I’m proud to represent the Forum of Lies community here in the Mafia Championships. I’m not really sure what to put here, so here are some facts about me!

• I’m a moderator on Forum of Lies! Following the rules is very important to me. I hope we can have a nice friendly game with no toxicity!
    • Some players on my homesite say I’m hard to read, but I don’t really think that’s true! ^-^
    • I’ll probably be playing a fairly conventional game by the standards of my site, but I know a lot of you will be coming from sites with different playstyles! I’m hoping to learn more about how Mafia is played on other sites!
    • On my site, I’m a bit of a hyperposter, but the postcap this game should help me avoid that, don’t worry!

Let’s all have fun and play together!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arete
    this is tied for my third-most-liked post

(kat, put this post in your bio)
    Quote Originally Posted by Icibalus
    i regularly interact with katze and i feel i somehow understand them less than when we first met
    Quote Originally Posted by dota
    she’s a real gamer because she knows Billy Herrington
    the rest is irrelevant don’t read it
    Quote Originally Posted by KZA
    KZA
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistyx
    wait even better

just link this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Underking
    meow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren4977
    kat im going to steal your soul and eat it for lunch
    Quote Originally Posted by billymills
    Kat sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranmilia
    Out of all the FoLers, Katze is by far the most purehearted magical girl protagonist type, the one who will stand up at the climax and shout "joycat may be a meme, but the joy is real in our hearts!" and rally town with the power of hope and teamwork.
    Quote Originally Posted by vanity
    katze goat ������
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephemera (or was it Ephermeral?)
    ������
    Quote Originally Posted by Hally
    i made a good philosophy pun smh

acknowledge me
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison
    Begin the game with a copypasta, vote sleep/vote someone you know because of an inside joke, try to get the thread to vote a meme wagon, throw out a couple of meta based reads on someone you know, get into a small argument about minutiae before backing off, another meme vote, develop a read you feel strongly attached to and spend the rest of the day going with the consensus except for that one read you feel strongly about which you defend to the death.

Every FoLer, every game. It's why I can never tell them apart.
    katze has died. They were: Town
    Quote Originally Posted by Esooa
    I'm dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by orangeandblack5
    kat protecc

kat attac

most importantly

kat pulls random bs for no reason
    Quote Originally Posted by orangeandblack5
    Imagine if kat put as much effort into being readable as he does into these memes

You were openwolfing in the first 100 posts and claiming PR in the first 300
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgard
    ily kat except when we play mafia together
    Quote Originally Posted by Marluxion (#714)
    Katze is uwu

spec chat is only one letter off of 'spec cat' (and i will play a spectator role in this game while also potentially posting cat pictures) however this does not redeem spec chat. you all know what you did.

except @Chloe. i love her. god what an amazing sister she is.

������

10) Lizard Cryptid

REPRESENTING: Gamataria

NATIONALITY: English

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2018

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Gamataria, B&C, mafia.gg

BIO:

I’m a forever wolf with a particular affinity towards scum conversion so I know how we they think.
    Joking aside my favourite method of getting information is doing something surprising and then record everyone’s reactions. If I’ve played mafia with you, you probably have a page in my notebook.
    My proudest mafia moment was when I as scum softed every single role in a all pr game, not enough that no one noticed at the time but enough that when I pointed back to the role I wanted to claim town believed me.

11) Melehan

REPRESENTING: Wintreath

NATIONALITY: USA

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2000ish

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Wintreath, 1000 Islands, Zelda Dungeon, GaiaOnline, various forums long lost to the transience of the Early 2000s Internet

BIO:

Melehan is a lurkery lurker who lurked the far-flung forums of the internet, irregularly emerging from reclusion to play mafia. Laurentus roped Melehan into participating in this year's championships. Whether this was a good idea remains to be seen.

12) Sandwolf

REPRESENTING: Something Awful

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2009

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Something Awful

BIO:

Whatsup folks. I'm Sandwolf from the SA Mafia community, you can call me any variation on that name (Sand, Sandy, Sandypants, Wolf, Wolfie, SW, lobo del arena). I have been playing Mafia since 2009 on SA, technically sneaking onto the site to be able to play at 13. I have since become a part of the SA Mafia Community which is an extremely diverse and varied group of some of the loveliest people I've ever met and also this guy named Hal. I love playing mafia, for some reason, and find its a really enjoyable social-adjacent activity that allows you to make friends and build relationships. I'm legitimately excited to play here without any meta interference. I'm excited to get to know all of ya and I must say I can sometimes become quite short or abrasive in game, but it never reflects real world hatred or anything. This is a game.

My favorite role is easily confirmed town mason, getting to chat with someone in private that you know you can trust is single-handedly more impactful than a cop or a doc.

I once won a game as third party by holding onto a vigilante kill until the last possible day as I was -1 to kill the last scum. This is my high water mark and I will never again accomplish something so impressive.

13) Storn

REPRESENTING: Flash Flash Revolution

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2015

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: FlashFlashRevolution

BIO:

Hello everyone. I'm Storn and I'm the representative for FlashFlashRevolution this year. We've sent many great competitors who've gone far in the mafia championships. We knew that if we wanted to keep up our record, we would need to send the strongest player we had. With the community awarding me such great accolades as "Always Myslynched" and "Least Dense Black Hole" I was the obvious choice to be this year's representative. Boasting a stellar win rate of less than 50%, all can see how i shall dominate this competition. I am an opponent who must be FEARED! My sometimes incomprehensible tangents and confusing logic will doom all who oppose me. As FFR's favorite D0 lynch, I am here to show everyone just how strong FFR truly is.

Ok, so maybe i'm not the strongest player around. But i am at the center of some of FFR's greatest memes and that's gotta count for something. My gameplan here is simple; Have fun, make memes. While i may not be the best, i do believe in my skill. I've gotten better over the years and have pulled off some crazy plays. My favorite games to play are the most bastard ones. They are the games where the most fun things happen, and where some of the most memorable events occurred. I still enjoy a standard game and being able to play with a bunch of new people will provide a new challenge. It'll be fun seeing how i fare against you all.

14) TheGoldenTyranno

REPRESENTING: DuelistGroundz

NATIONALITY: North America, United States, Tennessee, Middle Tennessee

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2016

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: Exodia.gg(Now defunct), Duelistgroundz.com, MafiaScum, MafiaUniverse, PokeCummunity, and Civfanatic

BIO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qVPNONdF58

15) voth

REPRESENTING: SSCU Trench Wars

NATIONALITY: Proud to be an American

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2004

HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: SSCU Trench Wars Forums. Learned there, thrived there, and only played there. Our "filter" is a bit non-existent.

BIO:

Now this is the story all about how
    My mafia career got yuge, turned straight savage
    And I'd like to take a minute, just sip that Bang
    I'll tell you how I became the King of Trench Wars Mafia

In a universe far far away, born and raised
    Being terrible at shooting spaceships, I spent most of my days
    Chilling out, losing games, winning undeserved championships
    And all the while, crushing skulls in forum mafia games
    When a couple of scrubs, who I never liked much
    Said "hey man, the internet says there is a mafia championship"
    I signed up for one big game and I hope I don't get banned
    Because you guys probably aren't used to this man

^ that was so cringe-worthy. Even I want to beat me up.
    Last edited by Arapocalypse; May 31st, 2021 at 08:02 AM.

3. ISO #3
    Community
    MiniMafia

While Mafia Universe runs on vBulletin, we have many custom-made features that you may not have seen anywhere else. Read this guide to learn about them.

The animated images are set to load on click to lessen the load on mobile users.

How do I vote for a player? (Vote // Reply With Vote)

To vote for a player, click the Checked Box icon located in the Post Reply toolbar. A dropdown list of all live players will appear. Select a username to be automatically placed within the Vote BBCode ([V]USERNAME[/V]). When you vote for a new player, the old vote will be automatically removed to make room.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/nkmX4ov.gif
    Click to load this image

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/UNJ2vU2.gif
    Click to load this image

How do I unvote / remove a vote from a player? (Unvote)

To manually unvote and set yourself as Not voting, click the Unchecked Box icon located in the Post Reply toolbar. The username currently being voted for will automatically be placed within the Unvote BBCode ([UNV]USERNAME[/UNV]). The username is optional.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/cqBeZGf.gif
    Click to load this image

What is Vote History? // How do I view all votes cast throughout the game? (Vote History)

Vote History is an ordered list of all votes cast in the game. To view all votes cast throughout the game, click Vote History located in the Game Tools navbar, or below a vote count post. The Vote History page contains instructions on how to filter votes cast.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/oQ1U4JI.gif
    Click to load this image

How do I request a vote count? // How do I view the current votes cast? (Post Votecount)

To generate a current Votecount in-thread, click Post Votecount located in the Game Tools navbar at the top and bottom of the thread.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/7KzsQXW.gif
    Click to load this image

How do I submit a Night Action in an automated game? (Automated Games)

In automated games, you may submit your actions by scrolling to the bottom of the thread and selecting your target(s) from a dropdown list using the Night Action Form for the each action. When you have selected a target, press Submit, and your current target will be changed to the player you selected. Note: Some actions process instantly and cannot be edited, such as Day Kills.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/fusXh6j.gif
    Click to load this image

What is the Thread Summary? // How do I find important game events? // Can I view all Phase updates in one location? (Thread Summary)

The Thread Summary is a list of important events, such as Start and End of Phase, within the thread. Most games will generate them automatically, but hosts, moderators and thread creators can add them for their own events. To view a list of all significant events throughout the game, click Thread Summary located in the Game Tools navbar. A dropdown of all events deemed significant by the Host, including each Phase Update, will be listed.

Alternatively, check the OP and other reserved posts at the beginning of the thread. The [SUMMARY][/SUMMARY] BBCode automatically inserts the thread summary into the post wherever it appears.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/EhHSyl6.gif
    Click to load this image

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/rAEpW1z.gif
    Click to load this image

What is an ISO? // How do I search a single player's posts? (ISO)

An ISO is a search that contains all of one user's posts in that thread. To search for a single player's posts in the thread, click ISO ( short for Isolate) located at the top right of any one of their posts.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/eNDvDMB.gif
    Click to load this image

What is Multi-ISO? // How can I search by more than one user? (Multi-ISO)

A Multi-ISO is a search that contains all posts by multiple users within the thread. It can also be used as a convenient way to ISO a player without finding one of their posts to find an ISO button. To search posts by one or more users at a time, click Multi-ISO located in the Game Tools navbar at the top of the thread. Then, select one or more usernames and click Submit.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/VuOv8Rm.gif
    Click to load this image

What are Bookmarks? // How do I save a post so I can easily access it later? (Bookmarking)

Bookmarks are color-coded notes you can attach to each post for later use. Only you can see your Bookmarks. To save an important post, click Bookmark located at the top right of any single post. Select a color that appears to the right of said post, and enter a note. To remove a saved post, click Un-Bookmark located at the top right of any Bookmarked post.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/OoDuwuM.gif
    Click to load this image

To view all Bookmarks in the thread, click Bookmarks in the Game Tools navbar at the top of the thread.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/uyoJyNB.gif
    Click to load this image

To view all Bookmarks created in all threads, click My Bookmarks located in the Features menu at the top of the page.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/QBhqDUc.gif
    Click to load this image

What is Notepad // Can I write and save notes for a specific game? (Notepad)

The Notepad is a tool you can use for writing and saving notes for games that you are playing. Access it by clicking the Pen icon in the top right of your screen.

If you click it, you will see a Notepad dialog box. This Notepad saves notes for the current game. Only you can see your notes, and only you can edit them, via the same button.

If you do not want to use it, you can disable the icon via a button in the toolbar at the top of the thread.

Note that the disable feature is remembered by the browser, so you will need to disable it on each device if you want to hide it completely.

How do I view all players currently alive? (Living Players List)

To view (and Insert) a list of all players currently alive, click the Crowd icon located in the Post Reply toolbar. A dropdown list of all live players will appear.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/AM2TEez.gif
    Click to load this image

How do I link a specific post in the thread? (POSTNUM)

To link to a specific post without copying the link itself, click the Arrow icon located in the Post Reply toolbar and place the specific post's # within the [POSTNUM] BBCode tags.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/swNxcqd.gif
    Click to load this image

How do I jump between Game Threads (Graveyard / Mafia / Mason / ...) without opening PMs? (Game Threads)

To visit any Game-related threads you have access to, open the Game Threads dropdown in the navbar above any Game-related thread. Every thread will become accessible in the post-game.

Big Image: http://i.imgur.com/JEG88HG.gif
    Click to load this image
    WHAT THE $%#! DOES "WTF" MEAN?

Are you not familiar with some of the terminology used by the other players? Maybe this will help you: TERMINOLOGY EXPLANATIONS.
    MAFIA GAME RULES
    Rules may vary from community to community, so we highly advise you to carefully read these rules.

• Only post/talk about the game in this thread. Don't PM other players, unless you are mafia and wish to talk with your teammates. Also, don't post anything about the game in other threads or on other forums.
    • Don't try to use the form of your role PM. So a screenshot of your role PM would be cheating.
    • You are not allowed to change your avatar, location or any other profile info during game in any way that could be construed as hinting at your role.
    • This is a game of lying. Players are expected to lie. No statement or promise a player makes within the game has any force outside the game. As an example, a bet offered in a game is not something you can collect if you win.
    • If we believe you to be bending the rules intentionally in a way that clearly goes against the spirit of the rules and the game, then that would also be grounds for modkill.
    • If you have any questions about rules, send a PM to your host. Avoid asking questions to the host in the thread.
    • Don't ever refer to private communications with the Game Host.
    • If you should ever require a replacement, PM Lissa and stop posting in the thread.
    • No hydra'ing / multi-accounting is allowed. Do not share your account with anyone else.
    • You are not allowed to reference the post-game voting during the game. I.e. you cannot post "if you lynch me, you're not getting my vote after the game" or anything like that.
    • Treat your fellow players with respect. Hostility will not be tolerated.

Refer to this post for the complete, standard ruleset for mafia games.

I will repeat this particular rule once more in big letters to make sure you understand:

DO NOT EVER REFERENCE THIS GAME OUTSIDE OF THIS GAME THREAD. YOU SHOULD NOT BE TALKING ABOUT THIS GAME WHATSOEVER ON YOUR HOME SITE. IF PEOPLE ASK YOU QUESTIONS, TELL THEM YOU CAN'T TALK ABOUT THE GAME AND LINK THEM TO THIS THREAD.
    MINIMUM ACTIVITY REQUIREMENTS
    All players are required to make a minimum of 10 posts per game day.

The game hosts and tournament organizers reserve all rights to immediately sub out any player not meeting this requirement, regardless of whether or not the player has met the requirement on previous days. Similarly, if players are only meeting this requirement by spamming and/or posting in the last hour of the day, that and similar circumstances would also be cause for substitution.

If players aren't posting, the tournament organizers will always first try to prod the players in question.

SUBSTITUTION PROCEDURE
    If your representative needs to sub out during a QUALIFIER, your community's backup will take their place, assuming 1) you've elected one, 2) they've registered a user on Mafia Universe, and 3) that I'm able to get a hold of them within a reasonable amount of time (i.e. with enough time left in the current phase for the sub to work with).

If I can't get a hold of your backup, I will give the spot to a representative from a community that joined the series late - or failing that, a backup from one of the larger communities.

If your representative needs to sub out during a SEMIFINAL or FINALE game, your community's backup will NOT take their place. Instead the next person who was in line to receive a semifinal or finale spot will take their place.
    DISCLAIMER ALERT
    The beauty of the Mafia Championship is that it brings communities closer together, and it provides an opportunity for players to learn new playstyles, metas and mechanics. And hopefully make new friends as well.

All that being said, the games can also very quickly become overwhelming and frustrating since you probably won't be able to play completely in the same way that you're used to. You don't necessarily need to adapt, but you will probably need to accept that some of the other players will have a different approach to the game than you.

We hope that you will embrace this as part of the experience. It's easy to grow frustrated with people when you don't know them (imagine how you would have felt playing with your friends on your home site if you didn't know any of them when you played your first game together), so a huge part of playing in the Championship is also getting to know the other players in some way.

Specifically, the seasons have taught us that you should be prepared for:
    • A very high level of activity. On average, there will be 500-600 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game in qualifier games, and likely more in semifinal/finale games. This is a melting pot of dedicated and enthusiastic players all gathered in one game.
    • You will likely face very different posting styles: Some will post walls of texts with many quotes, some will post a ton of one-liners, and some people will be very keen to interact in real-time in the thread (using the thread as a chat rather than a thread you pop into a few times a day).
    • A flurry of activity towards the end of the day. This means that if you check out 5 hours before the day ends, you should not be surprised to return the next day to see that the wagons were changed multiple times. If you want your vote to count, be careful to not agree to a game where you can never be around for EOD.
    • A few players in your game will probably have played with each other before. This has become impossible to prevent as increasingly many players have played on Mafia Universe.
    • We do not condone abusive remarks and we have banned several communities from participating based on this before, but each season features dozens of new communities, so there is always a slight risk that you might encounter abusive players. If you do, please report them and we'll take care of it.

Past seasons have shown that players get more enjoyment out of the games when they make connections with the other players, so we highly encourage you to join our Discord server either before or after the game.

Finally, we encourage you to at least skim some of the season 7 games to get a sense of how the games usually play out: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...nship-Season-7

4. ISO #4
    Community
    MiniMafia
    Season 8, Game 3: The Great Zoo Escape [The Mafia Championship]: Game Information!

This is an automated game of Mafia.

Setup - 15 Players

x1 Mafia Roleblocker
    x2 Mafia Goon
    x9 Vanilla Town
    x1 Town Motion Detector
    x1 Town Doctor
    x1 1-Shot Town Vigilante | Cycle 2+

Example Role PMs
    • POST RESTRICTION: You may only post 150 times per Day phase. This restriction will be lifted 2 hours before phase end.
    • Majority will be in effect starting Day 2. Day 2 onward will end the instant a majority is reached.
    • Town wins when there are no threats to Town remaining.
    • Mafia factions win when they achieve Parity and there are no other evil factions remaining at any time.
    • Votes are automatically locked in when the Town must eliminate correctly.
    • Sleep is enabled. Vote for Sleep to forgo an elimination that Day.
    • Mafia factional kills are mandatory. Mafia must submit a factional kill each night, or a player outside their faction will be chosen at random.
    • Mafia factional kills are assigned. They can be tracked, watched, or roleblocked.
    • Mafia share a factional Night Kill, which is a single standard shot for their faction.
    • Mafia may communicate at any time.
    • Tied votes will result in a player being eliminated at random from among the tied players.

Phase Lengths

Days are 48 hours in length. Nights are 24 hours in length.

Players

@alexa
    @Angrypotato
    @AXIS
    @Blue Jay 22
    @Bonatogether
    @Destinylives
    @Gellert
    @Justinrs2
    @katze
    @Lizard Cryptid
    @Melehan
    @Sandwolf
    @Storn
    @TheGoldenTyranno
    @voth

FAQ

Are you unsure about how actions are processed or how roles interact with each other? Then read more here:

ORDER OF OPERATIONS

Night actions are processed in this order:

Strongman kills
    Roleblocks
    Jails
    Doctors
    Bodyguards
    Kills
    Investigations
    Backups

When an action was submitted during the night will never matter when the actions are processed.

ACTION FEEDBACK

These are the results you will get when you submit certain actions.

Non-investigative roles when they submit an action (they also receive this if they are roleblocked):

Your action on Player A was received.
    Investigative actions return results even if the target dies on the same night.

Actions that count as visits are counted as visits even if the actor dies on the same night.

Investigative roles (Tracker, Cop, etc.) when roleblocked:

Your action on Player B failed.
    Trackers when tracking a person that didn't visit anyone (or if they targeted a Ninja):

Player C did not visit anyone.
    Watchers when watching a person that wasn't visited by anyone (or only visited by a Ninja):

Player D was not visited by anyone.
    Alignment Cop when investigating a town-aligned player (or a Godfather):

Player E is Town
    Watcher when watching a person that was visited by multiple people:

Player F was visited by Player G, Player H, Player I
    FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

How do I submit my action?
    Use the form below the game thread. If your role has a night action, the form will only be visible during night phases. It's not possible to submit actions in advance of the night phase.

What does it mean if the Mafia Host says that night kills are assigned?
    In games with this setting turned on, the member of the mafia team that made the most recent night kill submission will be the one assigned to the kill, which means that the kill can be blocked if a Town Roleblocker or Town Jailkeeper target the mafia player in question. Similarly, the kill can be tracked and watched by Town Trackers and Town Watchers. If this setting isn't turned on, then it doesn't matter who the last person to submit the mafia kill is, as the kill is unblockable and untrackable in this case.

Where do I find example role PM's?
    This thread contains example role PM's for all roles currently supported by the Modbot as well as information on the various modifiers. Here you will find the answers to a lot of questions not covered in this FAQ section.

Which roles can self-target?
    Only Watchers are able to use their ability on themselves at night. This means that Doctors or Jailkeepers aren't able to protect themselves, for example.

Which roles are not able to target the same players on consecutive nights?
    Doctors, Jailkeepers, and Roleblockers are not allowed to target the same player twice in a row. Everyone else is, including Bodyguards. Note that this non-consecutive restriction still holds true even if one of these three roles were blocked the night before when targeting the person that they're attempting to target again.

What happens if Jailkeeper A and Jailkeeper B or Roleblocker A and Roleblocker B target each other (and are not targetted by other blockers)?
    In the case of Jailkeepers, they will block and protect each other. In the case of Roleblockers, they also block each other. This means that the two players are trackable to each other that night by Trackers and Watchers. It also means that if one of them is mafia and happens to simultaneously be the one submitting the factional kill that night in a game with assigned kills, then this kill is blocked. This same principle applies to longer loops. I.e. in a A > B > C > D > A loop, everyone is blocked.

What happens if Jailkeeper A targets Roleblocker B who targets Jailkeeper A?
    Jailkeeper A will be blocked in this scenario. Refer to the order of operations: Roleblocks process before jails.

What happens if Jailkeeper A targets Roleblocker B who targets Player C?
    As stated above, roleblocks process before jails, so Roleblocker B will successfully block Player C. I.e. Jailkeeper A will fail to block Roleblocker B, but will still protect Roleblocker B.

What happens if Jailkeeper A targets Jailkeeper B and Jailkeeper B targets Jailkeeper C (who isn't targeting any of the former two)?
    In this case, Jailkeeper A would prevent Jailkeeper B's block from occuring, meaning that Jailkeeper C's action is not blocked.

If an X-Shot role is blocked while using a shot, do they lose that shot forever?
    Yes. A 1-shot Vigilante being blocked while attempting to kill someone will not have their shot refunded.

If someone with a Strongman modifier kills Player A who is protected by Bodyguard B, who dies?
    Player A will die, and Bodyguard B will survive.

Can a mafia team choose not to kill anyone during a night?
    The host can determine this using the Mafia Factional Kill setting. Kills can be mandatory, optional, or disabled altogether.

The default is No. The mafia factional kill is compulsory. This is done in order to avoid deadlocked games where the town keeps no eliminating and the mafia refuses to submit a kill. If the game has assigned kills, it will be randomized which member of the team is carrying out the kill.

If there is only one mafia member left in a game without assigned kills, can the mafia factional kill then be blocked and/or tracked?
    No.

Can the mafia submit a kill for one of their own members?
    No.

If I kill someone, does their night action, if they have one, still succeed?
    Yes, killing someone doesn't prevent them from performing their night action (unless they investigated someone, in which case they will not receive a report). Refer to the order of operations: All kills happen at the end of the night, and everyone pulls the trigger simultaneously.

Can individual night actions be proxied on mafia teams?
    No. If the mafia team has a Mafia Roleblocker, for example, and they want to use this role's action, then the player occupying that slot must submit the action themselves.

If a Lover is shot during the night, while the other Lover is protected that night, does the other Lover still die?
    Yes. It's not possible to prevent a Lover from dying of love sickness.

If a Bodyguard protects Lover A, while Lover B is shot during that same night, what happens?
    A dies of love sickness and Bodyguard lives.

If there are any Innocent Childs in the game, are these confirmed in the thread right when the game begins?
    No. Innocent Childs are able to decide themselves when or if they wish to have the Modbot confirm their role and alignment in the thread. Note that this is exclusively a day action and that it can take up to one minute for the Modbot to process the action.

What results are Alignment Cops, Full Cops and Role Cops given if they investigate a Godfather or a Miller?
    Alignment Cops are told "Town" for Godfathers and "Mafia" for Millers. Full Cops are told "Vanilla Town" for Godfathers and "Mafia Goon" for Millers. Role Cops are told "Godfather" for Godfathers and "Miller" for Millers.

Can Role Cops tell the difference between a Vanilla Town and Mafia Goon?
    No. They are told "Vanilla" when investigating either of these two roles.

If I roleblock someone with a Bulletproof Vest, will that nullify the effect of the vest?
    No. Bulletproof Vests are passive modifiers that cannot be blocked from working.

If I roleblock Masons, Neighbors or Lovers with out of thread communication privileges, can I prevent them from talking at night?
    No.

If I roleblock a Godfather, will they still be revealed as being town-aligned to Alignment Cops and Full Cops that night?
    Yes.

Are you wondering about how to vote, submit night actions or multi-isolate players? Read about this and more here:

HOW TO VOTE

Our forum votes for someone by using the vote tags: [V]Thingyman[/V]. Preview:

##Vote Thingyman

Make sure that you spell out the full, correct name. Abbreviations or misspelled names will not be registered by the Modbot.

To unvote, use the tags: [UNV][/UNV] . When unvoting you do not need to enter the name of the person that you are unvoting. Preview:

##Unvote

VOTING BUTTONS

You can also quickly vote for someone by clicking on the box with a checkmark icon, which will bring up an alphabetized dropdown containing the names of living players:

This will insert [V][/V] tags with the name of the player you selected in the dropdown, perfect every time.

Click the empty checkbox button to insert [UNV][/UNV].
    HOW TO SUBMIT NIGHT ACTIONS

If you have a night action, simply submit this at night by scrolling to the bottom of the game thread. Here you will find a night action form like this:

Click the dropdown and select the player whom you wish to use your night action on. You can change it as many times as you wish before the deadline expires.
    HOW TO REQUEST A VOTECOUNT

Votecounts will appear automatically at various intervals, but you can also call up votecounts yourself by following these steps:

First, you need to apply to join "Mafia Game Hosts" under Permission Groups.

Second, once your request has been approved, you will be able to call up votecounts by simply pushing the "Post Votecount" button in the top right corner of any game thread that you'd like an updated votecount for.

OTHER SPECIAL FEATURES

VIEWING VOTE HISTORY

There are three ways to access the vote history for any game.

1. Click on the "Vote History" button in the top right corner of the game thread:

2. Click on the "View Vote History" link, which accompanies all votecounts:

3. Click on Modbot in the top forum menu. This will give you a list of ongoing and completed games:

Next, simply click on "Vote History" to view all votes for that game.

Following any of the above three steps will bring you to an overview like this one:

Click on a Voter's username to view all of the votes by their slot.

Click on a Target's username to view all of the votes for their slot.

ISOLATING A PLAYER'S POSTS

If you wish to read a player's posts in isolation, simply click on "ISO" in the top right corner of one of that player's posts in the relevant thread as illustrated here:

Alternatively, you can access a player's posts in isolation by clicking on the number next to "Replies:" in the forum lobby.

Doing so will pull up a window listing the post counts for everyone who has posted in that thread. You access someone's posts in isolation by simply clicking on the number next to "Posts:" for that person.

The ISO view itself has Quote and Multi-Quote buttons inside it, which will make it very easy to quickly quote a lot of a player's posts for analysis or commentary:

MULTI-ISOLATING

If you wish to read not just one player's posts, but you want to ISO multiple players, then click the "Multi ISO" button to the left of "Game Tools" and select the players in question as shown here:

MULTI-QUOTING WHILE THREAD IS LOCKED

Note that you can multi-quote posts from even locked game threads. This is useful for when you wish to reread the game and do work during night phases.

After quoting the relevant posts, you simply open a different, opened thread and press "Go Advanced". Then add the quotes to your post by clicking the prompt below the post area as shown here:

Now, of course you can't post your work in the game thread while the thread is locked, but you can copy paste and save your work to a local file or the cloud and have it ready to post the very next day phase (if you're still alive, that is).