UTC-05:00
    Community
    Serenes Forest
    AKA
    Mak Daddy
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself
    New Site Themes: Happy Pride Month

You can now add lighter and darker versions of the Pride Theme banner to any theme using the Pride Theme option under General Settings.

The individual themes will be removed to reflect this change.

April Showers (with Light):

Maritime (with Light):

Nightfall (with Dark):

Happy Pride!
    Last edited by Makaze; June 4th, 2021 at 02:29 PM.
    I hold you in the highest regard, my friends.

[12:09 pm] Cory Curren: remember that we are marking down all of your reads to hold for our personal amusement
    [12:09 pm] Cory Curren: anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of lol

2. ISO #2
    τη καλλίστη Makaze's Avatar Administrator
    Timezone
    Community
    Serenes Forest
    AKA
    Mak Daddy
    Pronouns

Maritime with the Pride (Light) setting.
    Last edited by Makaze; June 6th, 2021 at 11:15 AM.

[12:09 pm] Cory Curren: remember that we are marking down all of your reads to hold for our personal amusement
    [12:09 pm] Cory Curren: anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of lol

3. ISO #3
    Timezone
    Community
    Serenes Forest
    AKA
    Mak Daddy
    Pronouns
    You can now add the lighter and darker versions of Pride Theme banner to any theme using the Pride Theme option under General Settings.

The individual themes will be removed to reflect this change.

4. ISO #4
    Timezone
    UTC-04:00
    Community
    debate.org
    AKA
    Kaede Akamatsu
    Pronouns
    they/them/their/theirs/themself + it/it/its/its/itself
    "Virtuoso, you wifomy piece of chocolate
    -Insomnia in mentor/mentee DVC

5. ISO #5
    Timezone
    Community
    Mafia Cafe
    AKA
    Gnome, Gnomey
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself
    I love it!

6. ISO #6
    Timezone
    UTC+02:00
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    On the topic of pride month, could someone explain LGBT pride to me?

Pride is a feeling of deep pleasure or satisfaction derived from one's own achievements.
    But what's LGBT pride? Feeling satisfaction of the achievement of being born gay?

I don't understand.
    On the risk of being ignorant and just make and maintain assumptions, I thought it better to ask once.

7. ISO #7
    Turbo Mafia Champion! Animal Midwife's Avatar Game Manager
    Community
    SDN
    Pride is a counter to the social stigma that comes with being perceived as LGBTQ. It's a celebration of how far we've come and raises awareness of where we have yet to go regarding rights.

8. ISO #8
    Timezone
    Community
    Serenes Forest
    AKA
    Mak Daddy
    Pronouns
    Quote Originally Posted by mansnicks (#6)
    better
    There are multiple types of pride like there are multiple types of respect. One type of pride has to do with showing off your body, another has to do with freely expressing your feelings, and another has to do with uncompromising dignity. LGBT Pride is about overcoming threats to your dignity as a human and expressing yourself even though it is dangerous. Pride has become much more mainstream and socially acceptable with the legalization of same sex marriage in the US, but the threats faced by people celebrating Pride are not gone. Some parts of the world fine their citizens for participating in Pride or visiting websites about LGBT. Some do worse. This has even impacted our website by forcing us to make accomodations so that users from other countries will not get fined just for visiting our site.

Pride is ultimately about being told to be ashamed of the way you were born and rejecting that shame with pride that opposes it.

Each person's pride is about taking a stand in spite of repression and attacks on their dignity in their life, but it can also be about standing in solidarity with people who are struggling and letting them celebrate with knowledge that if they face reprisals they will not be alone.
    Last edited by Makaze; June 5th, 2021 at 03:26 PM.

9. ISO #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mansnicks (#6)
    On the topic of pride month, could someone explain LGBT pride to me?

Pride is a feeling of deep pleasure or satisfaction derived from one's own achievements.
    But what's LGBT pride? Feeling satisfaction of the achievement of being born gay?

I don't understand.
    On the risk of being ignorant and just make and maintain assumptions, I thought it better to ask once.
    if youre relying on google's dictionary widget, it's the third definition, not the first one (in spoiler below)

and on a more general level, there are a lot of words in a lot of languages that have connotations that aren't explicitly given in their common dictionary definitions, so it's a bit incorrect to assume a dictionary definition should perfectly fit the meaning of a word every time it's used.

10. ISO #10
    Timezone
    UTC+05:00
    Community
    town of salem forums
    AKA
    cheeze
    Pronouns
    he/him/his/his/himself
    that actually looks really nice, props to you
    my typing style is misleading, i'm quite a positive and happy guy even though i don't use dots or big letters

Quote Originally Posted by awesome5000 (#404)
    dota is legitimately so $#@!ing good at turbos holy $#@!

11. ISO #11
    Timezone
    UTC-08:00
    Community
    The Syndicate
    Pronouns
    she/her/her/hers/herself